SmartWings

SmartWings customer review

I highly recommend Smartwings if you have a lot of luggage and are in the budget market. I flew Smartwings CDG to PRG and PRG to CPH promptly after a transatlantic flight to CDG in August 2004. I understand Copenhagen is no longer scheduled but I must have been at 35 kg in luggage and that was no problem for either leg. It would have cost me a king's ransom in excess baggage charges on Ryanair. The planes were only half full so that might have helped.

SmartWings customer review

LGW-PRG. I had been warned by my friend in Prague that Smart Wings has apparently gained a reputation in Czech republic for delays and cancellations but I tok the chance on grounds of price as they undercut even Easyjet. The flight itself was fine professional attendants good information and reasonably priced snacks. However the outbound flight was delayed by 90 minutes (not good on a Friday evening) and the return was suddenly flashed up as being delayed by 3 hours as I queued at PRG for the check in! No information was volunteered the check in staff were not employees of the airline and couldn't explain the delay so i spent a thoroughly dull afternoon in one of the least interesting airports in Europe. Speaking to my Czech friend again she told me that because they are quite new and not part of the CSA (Czech Airlines) "club" Smart Wings is basically the first carrier to be bumped down the priority list when problems occur. I hope this will change because there is clearly a growing demand for cost effective travel to what is a delightful city but I am personally going to leave Smart Wings alone for the time being and pay the little bit extra with easyjet CSa or Lufthansa. Nearly 5 hours of delays when one is only going for the weekend is just a little too much to accept - for now.

SmartWings customer review

AMS-PRG. Great little airline. It was good to see so many people get off the arriving flight from PRG. We boarded on time left AMS on time and arrived PRG on time. I find it interesting that the fare was 30 euros + 41 euros taxes for a total of 71 euros. Cheap by anyone's standards. The sad not is that they now only fly to AMS on Fridays. Only drawback was seating. I am 6"4" tall so understandably I was a bit cramped but the seat next to me was empty so it wasn't too bad. In flight crew was professional courteous and very pleasant. I wish SmartWings continued good luck.

SmartWings customer review

Although I am a Frequent Air France flyer I started to use SmartWings lately on monthly- weekly flights to Prague (CDG-PRG-CDG). Excellent low cost airline friendly and efficient service. All flights I took so far were on time both ways. I am aware of the many complaints about CDG terminals but although T3 is a "no-frills" and rather basic facility it's a change from the hassle and disorganization of T1 and T2 . Whenever schedule permits (even their departure and arrival hours in both cities are very convenient) I will use this airline. On a short trip you get at least what you pay for as far as food and drinks are concerned.

SmartWings customer review

Myself and my flatmate flew smartwings from Gatwick to Prague around xmas time. Both flights were delayed. Going out the delay was 2hours coming back 3.30 hours. While I appreciate that delays can occur I did not expect to be sitting around with no information. In fact in Prague people were lying around near the departure gate 30mins after the plane was due to leave - with no revised departure time or information. At no point was there any apology or explanation. Interestingly I was dropping a friend off at Gatwick after xmas and noticed that the same flight had been delayed again. I would not fly SmartWings again. While the flight was average there total disorganisation and blatant disregard of passengers was appalling.

SmartWings customer review

Flew SmartWings CPH-PRG and back. Of course being a low cost carrier they offer a one class service. Seat pitch is ok. You get what you pay for in my case aprox. USD 200. Cabin isnn't that pretty but service is ok. Cabin crew do a nice job and prices for soft drinks are reasonable (1 to 1½ EUR). Most importantly both my out and inbound flights departed and arrived a little ahead of schedule