Sky Airline

"ended up paying for my flight three times over"

(Jamaica)

Trip Verified | I booked a roundtrip flight from Lima to Cusco with Sky Airline on March 14. This flight was booked on Sky's website, NOT through a third party. The return flight was to leave Cusco at 8:10pm. On April 25, Sky Airline sent an email to say that they have moved the flight to 12:50pm. I wasn't going to arrive in Cusco on my way back from Machu Picchu Pueblo until 2:32pm via Inca Rail. Therefore, moving the flight seven hours earlier meant that I would be unable to catch this flight. Their email gave a link to apply for a full refund which would be processed within 30 days of application. I submitted that on April 26 and got a confirmation email of receipt sent to my inbox. However, one month later and multiple attempts to get in touch with the airline via follow-up emails and live chat have been unsuccessful. I ended up having to book a new last-minute flight with LATAM, so I ended up paying for my flight three times over. Disgusting and unprofessional!
Date FlownMay 2022

"charged us for our backpacks"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | We are foreigners and kind of used to people trying to rob us in Peru just because we are tourists but this was too much and we got really mad. Sky Airline charged us for our backpacks which are 10kg and 15kg. They charged us $36 per backpack even though we said one of them is a carry on and fit the carry on sizes. It says $12 baggage fee online but the truth is $18 when you want to add it on their website. I asked the man if we still can buy online at the counter and he said no. But we would have and should have. I don’t recommend!
RouteTarapoto to Lima
Date FlownMay 2022

"wanted me to do a PCR test"

Trip Verified | This airline uses deceptive practices. I bought a ticket CJC- SCL in Chile and was denied check in because apparently the Ministry of Health has disabled my mobility pass for travel in Chile. First, getting into Chile I had an active Mevacuno access and pass, also PCR negative from entry to arrival in Santiago x2 tests. With my access to Mevacuno, my mobility pass was still current, yet Sky airline wanted me to do a PCR test before they could check in online. This was my last flight before flying international the next day. I tried seeking help to no avail on the app, no customer phone line, and limited staff/counter time especially in Calama, Chile. I couldn't get help from Sky Airlines Chile. In the end I bought LATAM TICKETS and boarded without issues so as to not miss my international flight. MY rapid PCR IN Santiago, Chile is negative. The use of incorrect information, and poor customer service makes this the worst experience in my international travels. Do not travel with this airline especially with COVID-19 protocols and economic challenges.
Date FlownApril 2022

"one of the worst experiences I have ever had"

Trip Verified | I fly frequently and have never written a review before but was so incredibly frustrated with the experience this morning in Calama, Chile. I was at the airport an hour forty minutes before departure and sitting next to the gate. Right before departure, I heard my name. I went down and they had denied my luggage boarding due to a bottle of insect repellent. In the last month, I had flown with the same luggage from Miami, Santiago, Puerto Montt, Ushuaia, Buenos Aires, Santiago again without issue. They said it was too late to change flights and would put me on the next flight 8 hours later! I said I wanted them to switch me to a different airline but they said they couldn't do it. They even suggested I would need to pay a rebooking fee although they later dropped that. Even if we had hustled, I could have made the flight and we could just thrown away the repellent which cost a few dollars. But instead the person at the counter ignored me, after recognizing my presence and helped other people who weren't even flying. I have flown so many times in my life and it was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. Absolutely incredible the complete disregard and ignorance to customer service in a customer service based industry.
RouteCalama to Santiago
Date FlownMarch 2022

"difficult to get in touch with"

Trip Verified | Booked 4 round trip flights from Lima to Cusco. Had to cancel two of the flights because of a Covid scare. Entered the names and documents ids for the two that were unable to attend and it canceled the return flights for my wife and I as well but none of the documentation showed which flights were cancelled and the reservation still looked the exact same on their website. It wasn’t until attempting to check in that we realized what occurred. Had to rebook at a last minute price and use the entire voucher so now have to repurchase flights for the other two individuals. Customer service was extremely difficult to get in touch with and was no help when we finally did.
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"feel as though they stole from me"

Trip Verified | I will not use this airline again if I can help it. I am sorry that I couldn't fly to Peru. And I am sorry that you are not able to provide a service. But if I am not allowed to fly, then I should get my money back. I feel as though that is common decency. Refusing to refund those who can in no way fly because of COVID, I feel is bad business and reflect bad corporations. I am very unhappy and feel as though they stole from me because of conditions out of my hands, but the Peruvian Government hands.
Date FlownJune 2020

"their service is very bad"

Trip Verified | Santiago to Buenos Aires. I will never fly with this airline again and despite being a little cheaper than the competition, their service is very bad. It all starts with their website, I got an error message when trying to booking a flight there and tried to do it again with another card (getting the same error message). It turned out that they booked the same flight to the same person twice and when I reached out to customer service over the phone they said I had to do it over email. I did it on December 6 and after several attempts and follow ups, I am finally giving up!
RouteSantiago to Buenos Aires
Date FlownNovember 2019

"very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Arequipa to Lima. I had a very bad experience with this airline. No good information about the delay and no support or refund because of my missed connection flight and resulting hotel costs etc. Would never fly again with them.
RouteArequipa to Lima
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Online check-in did not work"

Trip Verified | Lima to Mendoza via Santiago. Online check-in did not work. My layover was 4 hours and 10 minutes, so the airline would not check my luggage to my final destination. I had to collect baggage at my layover, clear customs, and recheck it again. Was charged separate checked luggage fee for each connecting flight. Legroom was among the shortest I have ever seen.
RouteLima to Mendoza via Santiago
Date FlownDecember 2019

"unpleasant flying experiences"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Santiago. One of the most unpleasant flying experiences. It seems like the airline staff has no concept of customer service. Unusually long check-in at the counters. Took every passenger more than 10 mins to check-in. Did not accept the online boarding pass, so had to stand in a queue. On a 4 hour flight, they do not even offer water for free ($3 for a bottle), which is inhumane. No inflight entertainment and very uncomfortable seats that do not recline. When the flight landed and parked, the gates did not open for 30 mins and no explanation was offered. Which was pathetic
RouteSao Paulo to Santiago