Sky Airline

"very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Arequipa to Lima. I had a very bad experience with this airline. No good information about the delay and no support or refund because of my missed connection flight and resulting hotel costs etc. Would never fly again with them.
RouteArequipa to Lima
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Online check-in did not work"

Trip Verified | Lima to Mendoza via Santiago. Online check-in did not work. My layover was 4 hours and 10 minutes, so the airline would not check my luggage to my final destination. I had to collect baggage at my layover, clear customs, and recheck it again. Was charged separate checked luggage fee for each connecting flight. Legroom was among the shortest I have ever seen.
RouteLima to Mendoza via Santiago
Date FlownDecember 2019

"unpleasant flying experiences"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Santiago. One of the most unpleasant flying experiences. It seems like the airline staff has no concept of customer service. Unusually long check-in at the counters. Took every passenger more than 10 mins to check-in. Did not accept the online boarding pass, so had to stand in a queue. On a 4 hour flight, they do not even offer water for free ($3 for a bottle), which is inhumane. No inflight entertainment and very uncomfortable seats that do not recline. When the flight landed and parked, the gates did not open for 30 mins and no explanation was offered. Which was pathetic
RouteSao Paulo to Santiago
Date FlownDecember 2019

"asked to postpone the flight"

Trip Verified | Lima to Arequipa. I had a very bad experience with this airline. I was in Peru and my mother was very ill. She passed away the day I had to fly with Sky from Arequipa to Lima. We had asked to postpone the flight. They never answer. You have to spend hours at the phone to try to get someone to manage your problem. Still today I am waiting for their answer. I am back in Germany, I had to buy a ticket for 300 dollars from Arequipa to Lima (Lan ticket) to get my international flight.
RouteLima to Arequipa
Date FlownNovember 2019

"hand luggage about 2cm too high"

Trip Verified | Calama to Santiago. We had a bad experience with this airline. We had normal size hand luggage but Sky Airlines say they are about 2cm too high. We did not have any other hand luggage just a large bag We gave up for which we paid of course. So now we paid 60€ take hand luggage with us in airplane. Also for me (1,90m, thin) seats are too small so I cannot sit without legs on the side. All in all very bad experience.
RouteCalama to Santiago
Date FlownNovember 2019

"my reservation was cancelled"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Terrible experience due to inexistent customer service. I had booked online a flight Lima to Santiago then a second flight Santiago to Buenos Aires. On the day of my first flight, as I want to check in on Internet, I realized that my reservation was cancelled, without notice and without explanation. I called the service center through my hotel, they never picked up although I was calling during the announced opened hours. I went to the airport, the Sky airline counters repeated me they were unable to help me. I had to call the service center to deal with an internet purchase. It's a Peruvian number and I don't have a working cell in Peru. They told me my only option was to use public phones, which I did on my money, still without luck. The supposedly available customer service line never picked up. Because no one on ground could apparently help me, I eventually lost that flight. And obviously lost the second flight in this way, along with a couple of 100$. Needless to say, I couldn't cancel it properly because, guess what. The customer service, well, never picked up my call. I honestly never had such bad experience with any airline customer service. I am pending on potential partial refund of the second ticket.
RouteLima to Buenos Aires via Santiago
Date FlownNovember 2019

"paying the US$70 to board"

(Chile)

Trip Verified | Santiago to La Serena. When boarding the preferential boarding line for the bank of Chile (whose preferential customers are allowed to carry luggage at no cost), they asked us for the identity card and credit card of the bank of Chile and let us pass, along with Our hand luggage without any problem. That to 6 of us, while 2 of our friends are told that they have to pay for the luggage for not being customers of the Bank of Chile. The rest of our friends board the plane, while I returned with my wife to the boarding counter to try to help our friends thinking that with our benefit from the Bank of Chile, with the Master Card and Visa Infinite Black cards of both, we could also include our other 2 friends who travel under the same reservation of ours. We failed to convince the person at the counter, who finally charged our friends US$35 for each hand luggage. In the meantime they told us to board while they were paying, but we stayed to wait for them. But the worst comes later. The person at the counter, angry because we claim to try to help our friends and recorded the situation, told us that now we also have to pay US$35 for hand luggage, US$70 in total. At that time we showed her again our ID and black cards from the bank of Chile and we explained that we had already passed a while ago, but there was no case. She told us that we should have gone to the check in counter to qualify for the benefit. I have flown about 20 times with Sky Airlines in recent years using the benefit of the Bank of Chile and had never had a problem with my hand luggage using the benefit, having almost never gone through the check in counter. Moreover, one of the main reasons to choose Sky vs Other airlines is for this benefit. Additionally, I mentioned that we tried unsuccessfully to go through the preferred counter to try to change my seat for emergency exit and pass the baggage but there was a huge line of about 30 people and a single counter attending, which made it absolutely unfeasible and we would miss the flight waiting more than an hour at the preferred customers line. After a long discussion with the person at the boarding counter and about closing the door of the plane, they called the supervisor to try to fix the situation. But the supervisor was inflexible, she understood nothing about the situation and told us that if we didn't pay the US$70, the plane would let us down. Even after a couple of payment attempts, the payment machine did not work for them. Even so, she did not want to make the exception, while the gate was already closed. Finally, and with tremendous discomfort, we ended up paying the US$70 to board, while large numbers of passengers, without even being clients of the bank, passed their luggage without paying and without anyone telling them anything. After this I asked the supervisor for her name in order to write a claim. But she didn't want to give me her name, saying that if I insist, she would let me down the flight. One thing is to have no-criteria to handle the situation. But another much more serious is not to be responsible for that non-criteria, without being willing to give the name and abusing the power at that time when the plane was going to let us down.
RouteSantiago to La Serena
Date FlownAugust 2019

"canceled flight without any notice"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Cusco to Lima. They canceled the flight without any notice. We found out when we arrived to the airport by 2 uninformed employees who couldn't tell us when and if we would have had an alternative flight. We had to go to Lima because the day after we would have come back to Europe, thus we bought 2 more tickets by own with LATAM at the cost of 450 us$, in addition to the 180us$ already spent with Sky airline. The company'employees told us we could only ask for a refund in Lima. When we arrived in Lima, the clerk dumped us and left us the call center number. A Peruvian number, that if you don't have a local mobile is difficult to contact. The centralist told me that I had the right to a refund and that it would be arrived within 15 days. I really want to see what'll happen. For now we just felt cheated.
RouteCusco to Lima
Date FlownAugust 2019

Sky Airline customer review

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to Santiago. Staff have no intention to speak in English - not all of us speaks Spanish. My friend's got damaged on first flight. Couldn't get help or no one to complain. Just gave email address and walked off. Not even sorry. Second flight was even worse. Lagguage got lost and the same. Asked for hotel and another people translated that bag will came with next flight and be delivered to your hotel. Next day took a couple hours until those staff found bag.
RouteBuenos Aires to Santiago
Date FlownMay 2019

"Leg space was adequate"

Trip Verified | Santiago de Chile to Buenos Aires. Sky Airline is a low cost airline based in Santiago, Chile. I took a short flight of 2 hours from Santiago to Buenos Aires. The flight departed on time. As a low cost airline, seating is in one class. Leg space was adequate. The crew came around to sell drinks and snacks shortly after takeoff. My overall impression of the airline is that it will get you safely to your destination with no frills.
RouteSantiago de Chile to Buenos Aires