Sky Airline

"hand luggage about 2cm too high"

Trip Verified | Calama to Santiago. We had a bad experience with this airline. We had normal size hand luggage but Sky Airlines say they are about 2cm too high. We did not have any other hand luggage just a large bag We gave up for which we paid of course. So now we paid 60€ take hand luggage with us in airplane. Also for me (1,90m, thin) seats are too small so I cannot sit without legs on the side. All in all very bad experience.
RouteCalama to Santiago
Date FlownNovember 2019

"my reservation was cancelled"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Terrible experience due to inexistent customer service. I had booked online a flight Lima to Santiago then a second flight Santiago to Buenos Aires. On the day of my first flight, as I want to check in on Internet, I realized that my reservation was cancelled, without notice and without explanation. I called the service center through my hotel, they never picked up although I was calling during the announced opened hours. I went to the airport, the Sky airline counters repeated me they were unable to help me. I had to call the service center to deal with an internet purchase. It's a Peruvian number and I don't have a working cell in Peru. They told me my only option was to use public phones, which I did on my money, still without luck. The supposedly available customer service line never picked up. Because no one on ground could apparently help me, I eventually lost that flight. And obviously lost the second flight in this way, along with a couple of 100$. Needless to say, I couldn't cancel it properly because, guess what. The customer service, well, never picked up my call. I honestly never had such bad experience with any airline customer service. I am pending on potential partial refund of the second ticket.
RouteLima to Buenos Aires via Santiago
Date FlownNovember 2019

"paying the US$70 to board"

(Chile)

Trip Verified | Santiago to La Serena. When boarding the preferential boarding line for the bank of Chile (whose preferential customers are allowed to carry luggage at no cost), they asked us for the identity card and credit card of the bank of Chile and let us pass, along with Our hand luggage without any problem. That to 6 of us, while 2 of our friends are told that they have to pay for the luggage for not being customers of the Bank of Chile. The rest of our friends board the plane, while I returned with my wife to the boarding counter to try to help our friends thinking that with our benefit from the Bank of Chile, with the Master Card and Visa Infinite Black cards of both, we could also include our other 2 friends who travel under the same reservation of ours. We failed to convince the person at the counter, who finally charged our friends US$35 for each hand luggage. In the meantime they told us to board while they were paying, but we stayed to wait for them. But the worst comes later. The person at the counter, angry because we claim to try to help our friends and recorded the situation, told us that now we also have to pay US$35 for hand luggage, US$70 in total. At that time we showed her again our ID and black cards from the bank of Chile and we explained that we had already passed a while ago, but there was no case. She told us that we should have gone to the check in counter to qualify for the benefit. I have flown about 20 times with Sky Airlines in recent years using the benefit of the Bank of Chile and had never had a problem with my hand luggage using the benefit, having almost never gone through the check in counter. Moreover, one of the main reasons to choose Sky vs Other airlines is for this benefit. Additionally, I mentioned that we tried unsuccessfully to go through the preferred counter to try to change my seat for emergency exit and pass the baggage but there was a huge line of about 30 people and a single counter attending, which made it absolutely unfeasible and we would miss the flight waiting more than an hour at the preferred customers line. After a long discussion with the person at the boarding counter and about closing the door of the plane, they called the supervisor to try to fix the situation. But the supervisor was inflexible, she understood nothing about the situation and told us that if we didn't pay the US$70, the plane would let us down. Even after a couple of payment attempts, the payment machine did not work for them. Even so, she did not want to make the exception, while the gate was already closed. Finally, and with tremendous discomfort, we ended up paying the US$70 to board, while large numbers of passengers, without even being clients of the bank, passed their luggage without paying and without anyone telling them anything. After this I asked the supervisor for her name in order to write a claim. But she didn't want to give me her name, saying that if I insist, she would let me down the flight. One thing is to have no-criteria to handle the situation. But another much more serious is not to be responsible for that non-criteria, without being willing to give the name and abusing the power at that time when the plane was going to let us down.
RouteSantiago to La Serena
Date FlownAugust 2019

"canceled flight without any notice"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Cusco to Lima. They canceled the flight without any notice. We found out when we arrived to the airport by 2 uninformed employees who couldn't tell us when and if we would have had an alternative flight. We had to go to Lima because the day after we would have come back to Europe, thus we bought 2 more tickets by own with LATAM at the cost of 450 us$, in addition to the 180us$ already spent with Sky airline. The company'employees told us we could only ask for a refund in Lima. When we arrived in Lima, the clerk dumped us and left us the call center number. A Peruvian number, that if you don't have a local mobile is difficult to contact. The centralist told me that I had the right to a refund and that it would be arrived within 15 days. I really want to see what'll happen. For now we just felt cheated.
RouteCusco to Lima
Date FlownAugust 2019

Sky Airline customer review

Trip Verified | Buenos Aires to Santiago. Staff have no intention to speak in English - not all of us speaks Spanish. My friend's got damaged on first flight. Couldn't get help or no one to complain. Just gave email address and walked off. Not even sorry. Second flight was even worse. Lagguage got lost and the same. Asked for hotel and another people translated that bag will came with next flight and be delivered to your hotel. Next day took a couple hours until those staff found bag.
RouteBuenos Aires to Santiago
Date FlownMay 2019

"Leg space was adequate"

Trip Verified | Santiago de Chile to Buenos Aires. Sky Airline is a low cost airline based in Santiago, Chile. I took a short flight of 2 hours from Santiago to Buenos Aires. The flight departed on time. As a low cost airline, seating is in one class. Leg space was adequate. The crew came around to sell drinks and snacks shortly after takeoff. My overall impression of the airline is that it will get you safely to your destination with no frills.
RouteSantiago de Chile to Buenos Aires
Date FlownNovember 2018

Sky Airline customer review

Trip Verified | Lima to Santiago. One of the worst airlines I have flown. We were put on and off the plane twice for two separate mechanical issues. Then they lost our luggage and the gate agents were clueless on what to tell people. I eventually had to buy a new ticket on a different airline.
RouteLima to Santiago
Date FlownAugust 2018

"exactly as you'd expect"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | I flew with Sky Airline from Santiago to Calama (the closest airport to the Atacama desert) and when getting my baggage it was broken - the strap of my backpack was damaged. I told airline-personnel at the airport but they refused to help and just pointed at the customer service which was supposed to contact me within 10 days. Of course I never heard of them so I wrote an email myself. It took quite a while for them to respond but with the same result as directly at the airport - they acknowledged the problem but refused to stand for it. So in case you fly with them, hope that everything will be fine afterwards, you probably won't get compensated otherwise. The flight was exactly as you'd expect it from a low-cost airline - they got me from A to B.
RouteSantiago de Chile to Calama
Date FlownFebruary 2018

"Customer service is non-existent"

Trip Verified | Flew Sky Airline from Punta Arenas to Santiago. Horrible airline, pay the extra for LATAM. Customer service is non-existent. The booking process is completely broken and doesn’t work reliably on iOS devices. Flights don’t run on time. Passengers booked on the same PNR aren’t seated together unless you pay more. They managed to leave our luggage behind, and had no staff or baggage services to help.
RoutePunta Arenas to Santiago
Date FlownDecember 2017

"good low cost alternative"

Trip Verified | Good low cost alternative to LATAM. With a group I flew from Santiago to Punta Arenas. The flights were on time and the service was very good. The only comments are that the seat pitch isn't brilliant (we flew once on newer aircraft) the pitch seemed limited. And the check in at SCL was a bit of a nightmare. If checking in bags turn up 2 hours pre departure as there were queues. Would fly with Sky again as their prices are favourable compared to the national carrier. If you're from Europe this airline is comparable to Easyjet.
RouteSantiago to Punta Arenas