Silver Airways

"worst airline I have ever been on"

Not Verified | This was the worst airline I have ever been on. Our flight was supposed to leave at 3:30 and we left around 9:30. It wasn’t weather based it was just them be slow and terrible. Then we were boarding and we had to wait even more. Their reasoning “they forgot to clean the plane.” It blows my mind you can run something this poor and still have a business.
RouteFort Laderdale to Marsh Harbor
Date FlownJune 2023

"worst experience I’ve ever had"

Trip Verified | I booked a non-stop round trip ticket to Pensacola from Tampa through United Airlines, only to be shuffled off onto Silver Airways, a company I’d never even heard of. The first problem occurred before my actual travel date, when I received an email informing me that my return flight time had been changed to two hours earlier, which meant I would be getting up at 5am to make the return flight. The REAL problem began when I arrived at the airport in Tampa to find that my departure flight had been delayed for at least 4 hours. I received no prior texts or email regarding the delay, and was forced to spend the next 6 hours at the airport, again with no updates except those on the terminal screens, as Silver Airways has no app, and there was no representative at the gate. The person I dealt with at the Silver Airway ticket counter was one of the rudest individuals I’ve ever met - bored, annoyed, and with no people skills whatsoever, sighing heavily when I asked for possible flight alternatives, with more concern for her 4 inch fingernails getting chipped by the computer keyboard than for a paying customer like me. When she told me there were no other flights that day, I asked about changing my return flight to a later time so I could spend more time at my destination, at which point she told me that I wasn’t even booked for a return flight. When I produced my printed confirmation email, she just said, “Well, I don’t know what to tell you.” When I asked if I could speak with someone else, she picked up the phone and called someone else, who evidently told her that the only return flight was already fully booked and I could make no changes. She then hung up before I could speak to that person myself. I went to the United ticket counter (since I’d originally booked with them) to see if they could help me, only to be told that I had to deal with Silver, as all in-state flights had been subcontracted to them. Stuck at the airport for the next 6 hours, I waited for the delayed aircraft to arrive with no more updates other than the terminal screens, only to discover that the aircraft was a small turboprop, which I would never have agreed to had I only known. Finally boarded the plane 4 and a half hours later than scheduled, having to drag my luggage across the tarmac and up a very steep, very narrow set of stairs - not an easy task for a 64 year old woman - with no offers of assistance from the ground crew standing by and watching me struggle. I travel frequently, all over the world, and this was by far the worst experience I’ve ever had - poor communication, unexplained flight changes, no flight app, and rude treatment at the ticket counter. Despite finally receiving a confirmation email regarding my return flight, I will be booking a rental car and driving 8 hours home to avoid the hassle and the sure-to-be-delayed flight in a turboprop. Do yourself a major favor and avoid Silver Airways at all costs.
RouteTampa to Pensacola

"They lied to us"

Trip Verified | We boarded a flight from Nassau, Bahamas to Tampa FL which was due to arrive at our destination at 4:45pm. Due to weather the captain informed us they didn't load enough fuel to circle Tampa and wait for the weather to clear. We eventually arrived at 9pm but our baggage did not. We were told our bags would arrive by 1am. They did not. Then we were told they would arrive by 1pm the following day. We called and were told the supervisor was retrieving the bags as we speak. They did not. They lied to us. The flight the bags were supposed to be on was actually canceled. Now we have been told they will arrive later tonight. I highly recommend you to pay a little more and save yourself from being caught in the middle of this clown show.
RouteNassau to Tampa via Clearwater
Date FlownMay 2023

"not recommend this to anyone"

Not Verified | I had a flight from SAV airport to FLL airport the day of May 21st, 2023 at 9pm. I arrived at the airport at 6:40pm at the silver airways counter. I was in line for almost an hour. When I got to the desk they told me that were no more seats available on the plane and that it was overbooked. They then said that the plane was too small. And then they finally said they were gonna change my flight for the the next day. This also happened to the other 23 people that were going on the plane behind me but I was the first one to arrive at the counter. They moved me aside and told me they were gonna put us all on the plane. They started to put everyone on the plane besides me and then they told me I wouldn’t be able to get on the plane. I was the only one that wasn’t able to fly that night on the plane. This is the worst airline in the US I have tried and would not recommend this to anyone. A review doesn’t describe how terrible my experience was or how bad this airline is. To be clear the “manager” was very disrespectful of my time considering I was the first one that arrived.
RouteSavannah to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMay 2023

"ruined my birthday trip"

Not Verified | They pushed my flight back 6 times & told all the guest they could get on the next flight in the morning . Left me having to spend the night at a hotel (pay out of pocket) Come back the next morning and they pushed the flight time back 3-4 times before I had to book another flight with another company. Then all they would say is “We can get you on our next flight” which was like 2-3 days later. I ended up having to fly to Tennessee & find a ride to Alabama because no flights were going to Alabama that day. Missed work, ruined my birthday trip & I ended up spending $300+ on a last minute one way ticket to get home & a 2 hour drive from Nashville at midnight. The only thing they are offering is $100 towards the room which was $145. Then it takes 3-4 months to get that back.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Huntsville
Date FlownMarch 2023

"worst airline I have ever seen"

Not Verified | Silver Airways is without a doubt the worst airline I have ever seen in my life. I had a 10 PM flight from Jacksonville to Fort Lauderdale, a few hours before the flight I got a notice that the departure was pushed back until 11:15 another hour later I got an email stating it was taking off at 12:10. Finally I arrive at the airport at 10:45 to make sure I make my 12:10 departure time upon arrival at the airport they delayed it to 1:10 am. Once I arrived at the gate I waited there until which the worker at the desk stated to all of the passengers that the crew had timed out and they will be delaying the flight until 10 am the following morning. Many passengers were frustrated including one women who told the assistant at the desk that she had driven 3 hours and doesn’t have money for a hotel and hopes they can put her up for the night in a hotel. The same worker told the lady “There’s nothing I can do for you because it’s not our fault so it’s not my problem, you can sleep in the airport”. I was completely in awe of the absolute disrespect silver and their airline employees showed to passengers who payed a lot of money to get to their destinations on time safely. The following morning I arrived at the airport at 8:30 to make sure I will make my 10 am flight. I then was told that the flight was delayed until 12:30 pm. So after waiting 4 hours until 12 PM all of the passengers were seated at the gate and waiting anxiously. 30 minutes from our expected take off there were still no crew members at the gate, no pilots and the plane was parked on the other side of the tarmac. The pilots finally arrived but still no crew members at the gate. We continued to wait with absolutely no update of any kind and we’re further delayed passed our expected departure. After numerous attempts to contact silver airlines there was no response and it said there was nobody available at the call center and to try again later. I had tried 6 times to get in contact with no answer. We finally boarded our flight an hour later and the desk agents were rude and showed extreme levels of ignorance towards passengers who were trying to display their dissatisfaction with the entire process. Safe to say I will never ever fly silver airways again even if it is my only option. And I will personally never recommend the airline to anyone, in fact I will tell everyone I know to avoid taking this absolute joke of an airline. So poorly ran and very bad crew and workers all around. If I could give this negative stars I would.
RouteJacksonville to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMay 2023

"finally refunded for the flights"

Trip Verified |  I booked a round trip with Silver Airways but could not fly with them either way. I received an email 2 hours before take off that it was cancelled. I booked a different longer, more expensive flight on another airline. An hour and half later, I received an email that my Silver flight was back on but I was already checked into the other flight. Then on the return flight, I began receiving flight delay emails at 2 am the morning of the flight then it was also cancelled. Again, I had book another more expensive and longer flight. Then to add insult to injury you cannot call and talk to anyone in customer service. There is only an email option to communicate with Silver. I sent multiple emails and over a week later, I was finally refunded for the flights I could not take but they cannot reimburse me for the additional $550 I paid in flights due to their fault and did not even attempt to accommodate me.
RouteNew Orleans to Jacksonville
Date FlownApril 2023

"I will never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | My plane from Silver Airways was supposed to leave around 3:30 pm. First there was about a 2 hour delay, then they just kept delaying for mechanical reasons. Once the plane finally got there, about 7:30 pm, they had to do more maintenance. Eventually they said the plane was inoperable so they were going to switch to a different plane so we waited until 9:45 pm when they plane landed to get us they decided to cancel the whole flight. I understand planes have mechanical problems and i definitely do not want to fly on a plane that’ does. I don’t understand why they told us they were going to switch to the other plane then cancel. It was ridiculous the lack of communication. On top of all that they gave us $12 food vouchers. We went to use them and the restaurants at the airport wouldn’t take them because silver airlines doesn't reimburse them for the vouchers and in my opinion that says a lot about this airline. I will never fly with them again.
RouteTampa to Charleston

"No more Silver"

Trip Verified | No more Silver. Arriving in FLL on time with United and then looking at the Board where connecting Gate for Silver is. A6 (see image) so we walked from C to A gates and waited. Nothing happens and I got worried, something must be wrong. Checking departure display again --> A6. Nobody from Silver to be seen. I spotted a first officer for Silver there at the gate and he was new and called Silver and not even he did get a quality response what Gate the Key West flight is leaving from. Boarding time and nothing so putting 1 and 1 together that this is not a Silver Gate at all and running back to where we came from C gates. At the Gate they told me this is your gate but we are delayed. I said why is there no indication nowhere about the Gate, the delay and so on. Then only the lady made an announcement. I asked why the wrong gate is still displayed. They have no control over the boards. I asked can't you call whoever is in control of the departure and gate displays? No answer. So after running around and 2 hour delay we finally got to board and left FLL. I forgot but you guessed it there was nobody picking up the phone from the Help desk or other Silver number. The bad thing this seemed to be the normal thing, so who cares...If it is like that just tell the passengers wrong displays and delays are normal and part of our daily business. Needless to say but even with United using Silver as a partner, there is no Silver for us in the future.
AircraftATR 72
RouteFt Lauderdale to Key West
Date FlownApril 2023

"First and last time I will fly silver"

Not Verified | First and last time I will ever fly silver if I can avoid it. Almost a 4-hour delay, with very little information as to why it was so far delayed. Once finally getting on the plane, it was extremely hot and uncomfortable. I am tall, this airline had absolutely no extra room. Fortunately there was nobody in the seat next to me, if there was, I genuinely don't think I would have fit.
RouteJacksonville to New Orleans