Silver Airways

"4 hour delay today"

Trip Verified | Tallahassee to Fort Lauderdale. Horrendous company. Do not make mistake of flying with them. Today 4 delays, no notice. Lady on my flight waited all day yesterday into the night and her flight never left, so she is back today. 4 hour delay today means I lose 10,000 dollar cruise because they did not fly. Was told delays due to flight crew rest. Delays are, in fact, due to the fact that they have empty planes so they are punishing us with intentional delays. United should sever all ties with Silver. We will never fly with Silver Airways again, no matter what.
RouteTallahassee to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMarch 2019

"managed to lose my luggage"

Not Verified | We took Silver Airlines from Key West to Orlando. It was not a large aircraft so it should not have been a challenge getting all the baggage into the aircraft. Yet, they still managed to lose my luggage. There could not have been more than 25 or 30 bags and my bag was appropriately tagged. It boggles the mind how workers can be so irresponsible. Is it laziness? Is it stupidly? Moving an appropriately labeled bag from a baggage cart into the belly of an aircraft has got to be one of the World’s least mentally challenging jobs. When will airlines like this began hiring people who CARE about passengers personal belongings. I am convinced this airline holds no one accountable otherwise their workers would concentrate on what they are doing. Disgraceful!
RouteKey West to Orlando
Date FlownMarch 2019

"extremely poor experience"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Huntsville. We had an extremely poor experience with Silver Airways. After being delayed on our flight to Huntsville for more than two hours, we were told that we would receive a weather update tonight at 7:45. We left at 7 to walk around and we came back to our gate at 7:40 and the plane had already boarded and left. When we asked the gentlemen managing the gate, he placed blame on us, and refused to make it right, as did his manager. After speaking with the desk, the manager gave direction to not take care of us. They both seemed completely oblivious to our plight. I am a manager at a supermarket that has customer service as their foundation and am completely disgusted with the lack of help I was provided with tonight. I am now paying out of my own pocket for a hotel because Silver has placed the blame on me despite boarding before the time we were told. I am also having to use an additional day of vacation because of the inefficiency of silver.
RouteOrlando to Huntsville
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Bad customer service"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Orlando. We arrived early on time and we were told that we are in a waiting list because the weight ratio. I think this is ridiculous that now we can’t fly. Did you guys oversell the flight to Orlando? We requested for a manager and never arrived. Also, in the ticket there is no print indicating the information about the weight ratio. First time I here that. Bad customer service.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Orlando
Date FlownApril 2018

"Customer service was horrible"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Huntsville. Customer service was horrible. The women working at the Silver Airways at Orlando international airport at 4:00 on 11/21/18 were extremely rude. Never flying with this airline ever again, I'll stick with Southwest where the employees are willing to serve as much as possible.
RouteOrlando to Huntsville
Date FlownNovember 2018

"should have flown with Southwest"

Trip Verified | Arrived early to TPA thanks to SuperShuttle, had three and one half hours to kill, checked a bag with some tools and clothing that would not make as a carry on. Direct flight to Nassau, well my bag did not make it. Filed a claim, walked around with an attendant looking at other peoples bags, confirming mine was not there. Was told it might come in the next day and to contact the airport attendant and they would send it to the hotel. I contact "Guest Relations" via email as you cannot talk to anyone except to make a reservations. They reply with a generic form, telling me that they will get back to me eventually as they get a bunch of emails. Still almost one day later, no reply. Called the NAS attendant, he tells me that he has no idea if the bag will come in today and to call him after 2:00 pm to see if I will get my luggage. Can't plan anything, can't speak to anyone at Silver to get any confidence that it will show up at all, have a job to do this weekend and my tools are in the luggage. I should have flown with Southwest, at least there you can talk with a human being and feel that "Guest Relations" actually gives a rats butt. And in retrospect, would have been cheaper.
AircraftSaab 340
RouteTampa to Nassau
Date FlownNovember 2018

"flight always being late"

(Estonia)

Not Verified | Eleuthera to Orlando. I don’t usually write negative reviews but I’m so tired of Silver Airways flight always being late. It’s impossible to make any plans when your flying with them. I’m flying often from Bahamas to the states and 75% of the time Silver flight is late. I’m looking for other flying options cause this is ridiculous. I would not recommend them to anyone.
RouteEleuthera to Orlando
Date FlownAugust 2018

"We had a great experience"

Not Verified | Tallahassee to Fort Lauderdale. I must say I was quite concerned with booking with Silver Airways after reading the reviews. We had a great experience. Walked up to check-in had boarding pass in minutes and efficiently provided tags for our carry-on bags. Gate agent and baggage handlers were efficient as well. Stewardess was friendly and provided water. Every person we encountered was polite and courteous. Granted the weather was good and we did not encounter delays. Weather impacts all airlines and the key here is understanding that you are getting on a small plane and the process is different. Would fly Silver Airways again in a heartbeat.
RouteTallahassee to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownAugust 2018

"offered no assistance"

Not Verified | After a week in Bimini, Bahamas with friends in family, we were scheduled to fly to Fort Lauderdale on Silver Airways. We had hotel rooms booked in Fort Lauderdale for that night and flights booked on a different airline to return home the next day. While waiting at the Bimini airport for our flight, we were continuously told our flight was delayed by 15 minutes. This went on on for a few hours until they finally told us the flight was cancelled. At this point we had no other way off the island as it was too late to make other arrangements. This was the beginning of a very stressful and expensive travel nightmare. 1. We had to pay for an extra night to stay in Bimini 2. Lost the money for the hotels we had booked in Ft. Lauderdale 3. Had to pay to for a boat ride back to Florida, a 2 hour cab ride to Fort Lauderdale, 7 new plane tickets to Canada as we had missed our next flights (difficult to find and expensive as this was the last day of Spring Break). In addition, we returned home a day late missing school and work. For all our stress and the thousands of additional dollars spent? Silver Airways took no responsibility, offered no assistance, support or compensation. Dealing with customer service was so horrible I eventually gave up.
RouteBimimi to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMarch 2018

"had to cancel my entire trip"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Marsh Harbour via Ft Lauderdale. All 4 of my legs were changed! A long awaited vacation to the Bahamas and a much needed relaxation had to be canceled on my end because Silver kept changing each of the legs and it went from flying out one day, to then a day later, and I would miss the connection. Also the return was changed and I would’ve missed the connector. So I had to cancel my entire trip due to all these changes.
RouteTampa to Marsh Harbour via Ft Lauderdale