Silver Airways

"Will never fly them again"

Not Verified | Tampa to Key West. Just a really horrible airline. Flight delayed, left the area, came back to find out it reverted and left with no call, text or warning to us. Missed our flight. Incompetent staff unable to assist in anyway after ward. Nothing ever on time. Will never fly them again.
RouteTampa to Key West
Date FlownApril 2019

"charging for all luggage"

Trip Verified | Freeport to Fort Lauderdale. Silver Airways books multiple flights a day, but when it comes to flying they make everyone wait for one flight (I’ve been waiting with a baby for over 3 hours and we still didn’t even board). Silver Airways is charging for all luggage even for the stroller (no matter on the size). I had to pay $60 for check in bag and a stroller (my flight we’re supposed to be only 50 minutes). I had to wait for a long time and they do that so they get a full plane. This is unexpected behaviour by the airline. Also, gave me and my just turn 2 yr old different seats. I wonder how that would work. The flights are overpriced for the services and the wait time.
AircraftSaab
RouteFreeport to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Avoid this airline at all costs"

Trip Verified | Great Exuma to Ft Lauderdale. Avoid this airline at all costs. Currently sitting in airport in Georgetown Exumas because my scheduled 9:40 am flight has been “combined” with a flight leaving at 2:40. It is a running joke among the local in Georgetown regarding Silver’s almost daily practice of combining partially full flights to save on cost with no notice to the customer. What is ironic is that the only reason we booked on this airline is because we had vouchers due to an even worse experience out of Eleuthera earlier in the year. There won’t be a third time.
RouteGreat Exuma to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownDecember 2019

"flight got delayed by 8 hours"

Trip Verified | Ft Lauderdale to George Town. Our flight got delayed by 8 hours and we are still waiting to board. The reason for the delay was because they couldn’t get the aircraft ready and I found that just unprofessional. I saw some customers asked about updates of the flight and the staff simply grabbed the microphone and told all passengers to be patience, without replying to the passengers who were asking. We lost a day of travelling in the Bahamas, a long with being late to pick up our car rental. We will never fly with Silver Airways again, totally the worse of the worse out there!
RouteFt Lauderdale to George Town

"Airline is terrible"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Tallahassee. Airline is terrible second time in the last 3 months that the flight is delayed and they fail to Let us know any information. Leaving from Tallahassee I had to wait 8 hours and now 3 hours. Avoid at all Cost.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Tallahassee
Date FlownDecember 2019

"I was very disappointed"

Not Verified | Tampa to Pensacola. I was very disappointed with Silver. They were very incompetent and rude! Several of us were encouraged to let the workers put our carry-on bags in the cabin. We did so and were told they would be right outside the aircraft when we arrived. We we arrived the workers were incredibly rude and told us there were no more bags and he didn’t know what to tell us but we needed to head inside. When we went to check on our situation at the baggage counter, the Silver office was closed with the light off, so we headed to the ticket counter. All the other airlines had someone working but there was no one in sight for Silver. We waited for 45 extra minutes before they realized they hadn’t unloaded all the bags and they magically appeared. There were no apologies or anything. I’m happy I wasn’t in a hurry and in the long run, I’m just glad I got my stuff back, but I was appalled at how the workers handled the situation and how rude the guy was. I heard 3 of the other people with the missing bags mention how rude he had been to them too!
RouteTampa to Pensacola
Date FlownDecember 2019

"canceled my flight days before my trip"

Not Verified | Fort Walton Beach to Orlando. They canceled my flight days before my trip this weekend and gave me no other alternatives. You have tied up my funds all the while other airlines would cost me over $700 this last minute. The customer service took over an hour to get someone on the phone and would not help me with re-booking a flight or changing airlines. They have ruined my trip and now I am choosing to eat the cost of my activities and hotel due to your horrible service. I hope this business goes bankrupt before it steals anymore money and leisure from people. Deserves a negative score
RouteFort Walton Beach to Orlando
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Never use them"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Key West. Horrible company! It’s funny because the other review right behind mine was the exact same issue! My wife and I had a flight from Orlando to Key West. We arrived at the airport after checking in to our flight the day before. We picked our seats and got a confirmation and when we arrived at the airport apparently either the flight didn’t exist or was canceled .. and we never got a notification or anything. They didn’t have a single person at their flight check in. We waited for about 30min before we gave up and rented a car to drive the 6 hours. We spent over 3hrs on the phone trying to get a refund! And it still is not resolved. Horrible company. Never use them.
RouteOrlando to Key West
Date FlownOctober 2019

"working on getting a full refund"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Key West. After 5 hours of being delayed they canceled the flight with no alternative flight option provided. Knowing we would have to rent a car and drive 6 hours to our destination we asked what type of compensation we may expect. The rebuttal to that was “leave us alone we’ve had a rough night just like you and if you don’t leave us alone will make sure you don’t get on any other flight!”. I’m working on getting a full refund from silver as I type this review
RouteOrlando to Key West
Date FlownOctober 2019

"This airline is worse than a joke"

Not Verified | My wife and I were scheduled to fly to Abaco, Bahamas on October 10. With the destruction from Hurricane Dorian that trip was obviously impossible, I contacted Silver Airways 3 times via their website and 2 times by phone within 5 days of disaster to request refund/transfer of tickets to new destination. I did not get any response. Finally sat on phone (hold) for 1.5 hours to get customer service agent. I was told I couldn't get a refund because their flights to Abaco had not been canceled yet! They would not transfer our tickets to another destination for the same reason. I asked when the flights would be canceled (to get refund/transfer) and was told 1 hour before the scheduled flight! Had to purchase new tickets for another destination - could find no other options except for charter for $3860/pp. After purchase of new tickets I asked to talk with a supervisor and the rep hung up saying they were too busy! I just checked Silver's website and they are allowing people to book and pay for Abaco as of 9 am CDT on 10/4 even though there is no airport to fly into! This airline is worse than a joke. They are a scam! I will never use them again. Will be getting on phone (and hold no doubt) to try again to get our original flight purchase.
AircraftSaab