Silver Airways

"absolute worst airline"

Trip Verified | Key West to Tampa. Silver Airways is the absolute worst airline I’ve ever flown. I have an expensive carry on bag that I always travel with. I was allowed to bring it on plane on original flight. On the return flight, an extremely rude and unprofessional flight attendant forced me off the plane to give ground crew my bag. Another gentleman entered the plane with the same bag and told me just to put my purse in my duffel carryon bag. I tried but she wouldn’t let me off the plane and wouldn’t offer to ask the ground crew to bring it to me. Then she came back to my seat and threatened to kick me off the plane in an extremely confrontational manner because she said I called the baggage handler a name. That never happened! There was no reason to be upset with him. I had no issue with him. Completely made that up to throw her weight around! All of that and there were empty compartment bins all over the plane. Worse than that is the condition of the planes. Felt and sounded like riding in a tin can. Pieces were broken off inside the plane and bathroom light was broken. Told to use our flashlight on our phones to see in bathroom. Steer clear of this low budget, high priced airline with extremely unprofessional employees abusing their power! There were people who had been waiting over 8 hours for flights in terminal and none of the employees could tell you an accurate status for your flight. My departure time changed 6 times in one hour fluctuating from 1-3 hours late!
AircraftSaab 340
RouteKey West to Tampa
Date FlownJuly 2019

"8 hours unable to leave the gate"

Trip Verified | This airline has provided some of the most awful customer service I've experienced in my life so far. They strung us along at a gate all day- changing the story and not providing by updates. We waited over 8 hours unable to leave the gate to even eat since we had no information- then finally the flight was cancelled without any actual explanation (along with almost every other flight that day). I was traveling with 2 small children as well. And we had to then get our bags, except that they were lost. The desk people were rude to everyone throughout the experience. The next Day, the new flight was also 2 hours delayed and once we boarded we sat on the tarmac another hour with badly functioning ac in the Florida summer heat. Terrible! Next time I'll pay more to avoid this awful air line. Flight also cancelled on our return trip & had to overnight. 2 previous vacation days wasted because of silver air. Also no functioning ac on any of these planes unless you're in the air- and you may never get in the air if you're taking silver.
RouteEleuthera to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Customer Service has a lot to be desired"

Not Verified | Huntsville to Orlando. Booked our flight well in advance, to have them 11 hours before the flight was to leave to cancel! And of course they sent the text message after hours so you couldn't talk to anyone! I called this morning to talk to a Silver Airlines Representive and was told since I booked thru Expedia to call them and they hung up on me! No explanation, no nothing, just hung up! Called Expedia, they will try and refund my money but can't refund my return flight from Orlando because its still a running flight! What? If I can't get there I can't come back? Never again will I ever fly Silver Airlines! Consumer Beware - Customer Service has a lot to be desired. Pay a little more and fly another airline!
RouteHuntsville to Orlando

"they really upset me"

Not Verified | I don't leave many negative reviews unless I'm really upset. And they really upset me and my family. Delayed leaving Orlando no big deal. Coming back leaving Eleuthera got to the airport building at 12 for 2:15 flight. Sat out in the heat until 5:30 before they cancelled us and 4 other flights back to Florida. We knew it on Flight Tracker before they told us. Yeah they had to put us up half way down the island. Yeah they rebooked me but flew out of different airport 45 minutes away. Had to use taxis dropped $125 doing that. The "vouchers" they give you were only accepted by the airline that rebooked us and the room at the resort. The meal vouchers and taxi vouchers are worthless nobody wants and doesn't accept them. So we spent an extra day that I didn't really have from work getting back. Some people we met at the airport were on there second day of trying to leave and got stranded again.
RouteNorth Eleutera to Orlando

"find another carrier"

Trip Verified | This airline is a joke - I'm not sure how it stays in business. It is habitually late which is verified by many of the local Bahamians and even the Customs staff in the US. Our flight from Marsh Harbour to Fort Lauderdale was over two hours late and as a result we missed our connecting flight to PVD. Had to spend the night which cost me an additional $500 (traveling with a family of 6) plus a lost day of work. Silver would not agree to provide us with a voucher. Please, trust me when I tell you to find another carrier - you'll be glad you did.
AircraftSaab
RouteMarsh Harbour to Fort Lauderdale

"lousy and dysfunctional"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Orlando. While trying to book with United I was sent to this poor excuse for an airline. They literally don't care that they are so lousy and dysfunctional. Their employees must have to go through training to teach them how to stay calm while being cursed out by annoyed passengers. Once you are at the gate you are at their mercy. Our plane was delayed a few times, and giving passengers updates was not their concern. The plane I was on was filthy and I felt like I was flying in an aircraft that was on the verge of losing a propeller or wing. As we took off (finally) I looked over and another passenger was doing the sign of the cross. Do not fly with these people unless you enjoy sittting at an airport gate with no idea if you will ever make it to your destination. Trust these reviews!
RouteFort Lauderdale to Orlando
Date FlownJune 2019

"the flight was cancelled"

Not Verified | Orlando to Pensacola. My flight was supposed to be from Orlando to Pensacola. I arrived at 4:45 PM for my 6:45 PM flight only to tell me the flight was cancelled because no flight attendants showed up. So now I have an 8 hour drive home, on little sleep, because I have an event early in the morning and staying overnight in Orlando isn’t an option. The company was unapologetic and made no attempts to assist, whether by providing a rental car, etc. Absolutely would NOT recommend!!
RouteOrlando to Pensacola
Date FlownJune 2019

"Zero notification that it was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Booked a 7.15 am flight to Pensacola. Got up super early, returned rental car, etc. went to check in to find our flight was cancelled. Zero notification that it was cancelled and even the monitor stated on time. Reason: no pilot. I’m a nurse. Could y’all imagine showing up to the hospital and me saying. Sorry. No nurse today. No. We take extra patients, we work extra shifts etc to meet the needs of our customers. The best they could get us was an arrival in Pensacola at 5.25 pm tonight. So here we sit with our luggage that we can’t even check in until 2 hours prior to departure. Happy first day of vacation. Thank you Silver Airways our hard earned vacation day at the airport was great. While in line I heard this is typical of this airline.
RouteTampa to Pensacola
Date FlownJune 2019

"girls working were fantastic"

Not Verified | Orlando to Key west. Our fight was delayed because of weather last night 6/9/19 just want to say the girls working to get everyone on the flight were fantastic. So was our pilot what a nice guy thanks for getting us back to Key West safely. If my battery in my car was not dead when I got to it it would have been a perfect night. Thank you
AircraftSaa
RouteOrlando to Key west
Date FlownJune 2019

"Epic failure of an airline"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Key west. Worst airline ever! Our flight was delayed over an hour from Fort Lauderdale to west palm, but the board kept showing “on time”. No weather conditions, plane was sitting there for hours. No info. The staff didn’t have a clue what they were doing. Once we started to board, they said “oh sorry, wrong flight”. It was a disaster. We literally got on the flight and didn’t know if we would make it to the right destination. The flight attendant actually made a joke that we were going to Cancun. She got it! Coming home we are now delayed an hour so far, I’m sure it will continue throughout the night. Epic failure of an airline. Never again!!
RouteFort Lauderdale to Key west