Silver Airways

"This is unacceptable!"

Trip Verified | Cabin staff was friendly. The gate staff in Pensacola were friendly and informative. However, the staff in Tampa at the gate was horrible and did not keep us up to date. She was coming at the passengers like they were committing a crime over not wearing masks and smoking which I did not see anyone not wearing a mask that wasn't eating nor did I see anyone smoking. She was very aggressive with her little announcement. The ticket booth opened up later than the rest of them in the morning and there was not much seating offered at the Pensacola gate. The cabin is tiny and seats are very uncomfortable even for the small duration of the flight. It was hot and we were offered warm water. The worst part of this was that the flight was delayed due to weather in Tallahassee so they unloaded "8" suitcases so that the plane can fly. Nobody was notified. We were all just standing around waiting and I had to start asking around. Silver did not have an office so we had to go to the ticket booth to ask and submit a claim even though my name was not on the list of 8 ppl given to the staff. This is disheartening as I learned that some of the fellow passengers had important medication in their checked bags. If bags must be removed they should certainly ask about who relies heavily on items in their bags to LIVE! As it is frustrating to not have my luggage my life doesn't depend on it. The removed luggage was placed on a Delta flight that was not arriving until almost midnight. This is unacceptable! I would pay 3x more for a better experience from a flight in the same state.
RouteTampa to Pensacola
Date FlownJune 2021

"did not even put my baggage on the plane"

Trip Verified | TSA did not even put my baggage on the plane and i am two states away. very unprofessional and when i tried to contact it took over two hours just to talk to someone. Literally called baggage 84 times.
RouteTampa to Greenville
Date FlownJune 2021

"Never fly Silver Airways"

Not Verified | First the flight was rescheduled 6 hours from original departure time. Flight was faster than expected. (That's OK) we had to wait on the plane for an hour to disembark. With an additional hour to wait to go through customs. Never fly Silver Airways.
RouteNassau to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMay 2021

"not display TSA on your boarding pass"

Not Verified | Unfortunately, we had to go through another bad experience because you all do not display TSA on your customer boarding pass. Why do you even ask for it? The first one was for my daughter that was traveling alone for her first time back in September of last year, and she had to go through a search, and now today my wife had to go through an extensive search which you can imagine how uncomfortable she was. The last time I called and spoke to one of your employees regarding my daughter, she seemed bothered by my call with no care of the issue, but she did confirm that my daughter's TSA number was in the reservation and that she had NO clue why it doe not print on the boarding pass but that she will report it. (I'm sure she did) Now eight months later, the same thing happens to my wife but worse. This is the same thing my daughter went through. If this is something that you do NOT support, then you should say so, but I'm sure when we contact the FAA or TSA, they would say otherwise.
RouteFT Lauderdale to Tallahassee
Date FlownApril 2021

"incompetence and lack of professionalism"

Not Verified | My horrible experience started upon arriving at the check in on Saturday morning at the Nassau, BH airport. We arrived at the check in counter and the representative said there was a terminal change last minute. We then walked all the way to the other terminal with our luggage only to be told that they had no idea what was going on and they weren't sure where we were supposed to go. We then waited 40 minutes to finally get an answer and had to sit there until they were finally able to figure out how to print our boarding passes. We finally get on the airplane and proceed to sit on the tarmac for almost an hour! The pilot came on the speaker and said they were waiting for paperwork. We didn't take off until 2:46pm even though we were scheduled to depart an hour earlier! This was totally preventable and not caused by weather or anything out of their control. As I mentioned, we specifically chose this flight because it was a non-stop direct flight from NAS to FLL. We had an important event to get to in FLL and planned on getting there by 3:05 pm as advertised. We were then told that we had to make a stop at ELH airport to pick up other passengers at a different island! This was also the complete opposite direction of our final destination. We did not pay for a flight with a layover, we paid for a direct flight and the attached boarding pass even shows that. After a very hard landing, we were told we had to then exit the aircraft at ELH airport so they could re-fuel. Once we got off the plane, we were told we had to go inside and get re-checked in since we got off. The man at the ticket counter had no idea what was going on and didn't have an answer for us. After waiting another full hour in the airport which had no running water for us to use the bathroom, we were finally able to get new boarding passes. We didn't depart ELH airport until 5:16pm! We finally landed at FLL airport at 6:28pm and then had to wait in a 2 hour customs line since we arrived at a much busier time of day. The original flight was scheduled to last 1 hour and 10 minutes. It turned into a 4 and a half hour journey simply because of Silver Airway's incompetence and lack of professionalism. We missed the event we flew in for, which ruined our travel plans. I will NEVER step foot in one of their airplanes ever again! This was 100% preventable and not caused by any outside forces. If you choose to cancel another flight, it's your problem to fix it. Diverting a plane that is a non stop to go pick them up was not the answer, especially last minute with no notice! Avoid at all costs! They didn't even respond to my complaint email right after our trip.
RouteNassau to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownMarch 2021

"travel plans are ruined thanks to them"

Not Verified | I have not actually flown on Silver Airways. My family were scheduled to fly last April which of course was the beginning of the real shut downs on travel. Obviously, things were going on that following up on the ticket was not top of mind. In November, I had enough bandwidth to go back to revisit. At first I was told it had been refunded and was sent a receipt with the date of refund and the CC# that I had paid it on. After some research, I found it had not been refunded. I then emailed guest relations as another avenue since I was not getting anywhere with the initial rep and asked what was going on. I was told via email that the money had actually been put in a travel bank with a user ID to login and check. After multiple attempts at requesting a password, to no avail, I called back to find out what was going on since the date I was hoping to travel was fast approaching. The rep on the phone discovered that the User ID I had been provided was in fact not me. Days pass and I'm given a new User ID and successfully manage to log into the travel bank only to see that there was nothing in it. I ask what the status is once again through email and am told it should be resolved in the next few days. Three days after the date I was told it would be resolved by, there is still nothing in my travel bank and the prices keep going up beyond the value of my former ticket, which, if they had done this correctly in the first place, would have been covered by my balance. Now, it is looking like I have to cancel the trip again because of their incompetence. I don't have my money and I don't have a flight. It's appalling. I'm actually trying to book another ticket with them (lawd knows why) but I can't even do that. And sadly, they are the only player to the destination. So now my travel plans are ruined thanks to them. They also cancelled my sister's flight that she had managed to rebook without another option, so she may also be screwed.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Eluthera
Date FlownApril 2020

"I have been given the run around for my delayed bag"

Not Verified | Worst airline ever! For three days now after landing, I have been given the run around for my delayed bag. I received only one bag. Customer service is poor. Had me on hold for over an hour. Have stories that my bag wasn’t transferred from other airline. Now I am in a country with no clothes to wear. I will not be flying with them again.
RouteSan Juan to Dominica
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"customer service is beyond atrocious"

Trip Verified | Worst experience of my life. Silver airways delayed our flight four hours and wouldn’t tell us till ten minutes before we would board. We still have a three and half hour drive to the keys Where family is. The tickets were expensive and we have not had anyone talk to us at the desk also. It is not worth the price of the ticket. I recommend not doing this airline. Your flight will never be on time and the customer service is beyond atrocious.
RoutePensacola to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownDecember 2020

"charged us a 200.00 rebooking fee!"

Trip Verified | Worse customer service! We had to rebook due to the virus and they charged us a 200.00 rebooking fee! I Called and was told I had to email guest relations which I did! I finally got a returned email stating that they will not return my rebooking fee do to I called them to rebook our flight (because they dragged their feet on cancelling flights back in March) today I received an email stating that the case is closed and I am still waiting for my flight refund Plus the rebooking fee, (I was told it will take up to 90days!) I’ll never fly Silver AirWays this would have been my first flight with them and now it’s my last. I wanted to give them a zero in the rating but it wouldn’t let me.
RouteTampa to Nassau
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I never made it to the plane"

Trip Verified | Poor customer service and anti-consumer policy should lead you to not take this airline or book with them anyway. I never made it to the plane because of Hurricane Isaiah in Ft. Lauderdale, my destination. CSR refused to refund my money so I had to file a claim with credit card.
RouteKey West to Ft Lauderdale