Silver Airways

"worst customer service experience"

Trip Verified | Absolutely the worst customer service experience I've had with an airline. I booked through one of their ticket agencies, which instructed me to contact the carrier (Silver Airways) to make a change to my flight. The rudest customer service rep you can imagine hold me they don't make changes, those have to be done through the agency they contract with. I told her that the agency told me I had to make the change directly with Silver. She said "that's not our problem", we don't work with the agency. I asked her to clarify her comment that Silver "doesn't work with agencies" and she went silent. Then she repeated that "it's not my problem, you have to deal with the agency". She then refused to allow me to speak with her manger and hung up on me.
RouteSan Juan to St. Croix
Date FlownJune 2020

"never fly this airline ever again"

Trip Verified | My friends and I had booked these flights to fly from San Juan to Saint Thomas on April 24, 2020, and back on April 26 2020. As you can see, all travel is banned around the world, including PR and USVI. Silver Airways refused to offer us refunds saying the flights aren't cancelled and the representative was extremely rude, telling us she doesn't know if and when the flights will be cancelled, and if not we'll be offered a refund for a trip we are not even making. When my friends and I travel to PR and USVI when all this is over, we'll make sure we never fly this airline ever again.
RouteSan Juan to Saint Thomas
Date FlownApril 2020

"use all the possible dirty tricks"

Trip Verified | North Eleuthera to Fort Lauderdale. Avoid traveling with Silver Airways at any cost! We booked tickets and a flight was cancelled by the airline putting me into a very tough situation. It is almost 3 days I am trying to call them and refund money, spent almost 4 hours in total listening call waiting music - and there is no result. Moreover they use all the possible dirty tricks to push you to give up - hanging up the phone call in the middle, the operator told me one name at the beginning of the call and then another one when I asked who I am speaking with, etc. I have a complete feeling that I am talking to some fraudsters who only want to grab your money. Apparently Silver Airways just making money during Covid-19 pandemic, it's not just bad service, such behavior should be illegal!
RouteNorth Eleuthera to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownMarch 2020

"The worst airline and customer service ever!"

Not Verified | San Juan to Saint Croix. This airline is the worst. Had to cancel my flight because of the pandemic and was told I had to pay 50.00 really because I booked my flight in January and not March! My travel partner called to cancel and they refunded her 100% and we booked at the same time, people are not canceling because we want to. This is unfair! The worst airline and customer service ever! Will never use them. Shame on you Silver Air.
RouteSan Juan to Saint Croix
Date FlownMarch 2020

"continue to charge $50 change fee"

Not Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Key West. There is a national pandemic that has caused travel restrictions across the world, there has been complete state wide shutdowns and people cannot travel. This airline has to audacity to continue to charge the $50 per person change fee for you to cancel or change your travel plans. Never again Silver Airways, you may have got $100 from me but it will be the last penny you ever get from me.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Key West

"delayed long hours"

Not Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Tampa. Both ways, to and from, delayed long hours. If we were given more warning than after getting to the airport, each way, then we could have spent more time with family. Attendants are rude and look miserable. I will never fly this airline again.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Tampa

"Absolutely no problems"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Georgetown. After reading these bad reviews, we were apprehensive about flying this airline. The night before our flight, could not print boarding pass. Anxiety grew. I called and had to leave a message (it was late Friday night) within minutes got a call back, flight was verified. Next day, went to airport, check in was quick and painless, flight was ten minutes early, staff was courteous and friendly- same on way back! We flew on a newish ATR 46. Absolutely no problems.
AircraftATR46
RouteFort Lauderdale to Georgetown

"really unfriendly staff"

Trip Verified | Nassau to Bahamas. This airline is a bad joke. More than 5h delay and really unfriendly staff. They still force you to be at the airport in time to check-in your luggage. Just insane. Unfortunately not possible to give no star.
RouteNassau to Bahamas
Date FlownMarch 2020

"This airline is a joke"

Trip Verified | Bimini to Tampa via Fort Lauderdale. This airline is a joke. I should have known when I tried booking the ticket, their website didn’t work. Waited on hold for an hour to book because we had to go to Bimini and there are not a lot of options. (would recommend booking a private plane as we learned when we got there). Lots of changes, no notification to passengers and crazy, inept and unfriendly staff. Currently waiting for any kind of update on our flight to Tampa. When I asked for information on our flight they acted like I was at fault for not knowing, stating I couldn’t trust what was posted on the flight departure board. Will not fly them again and wouldn’t recommend anyone else does.
RouteBimini to Tampa via Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Will never fly them again"

Not Verified | Tampa to Key West. Just a really horrible airline. Flight delayed, left the area, came back to find out it reverted and left with no call, text or warning to us. Missed our flight. Incompetent staff unable to assist in anyway after ward. Nothing ever on time. Will never fly them again.
RouteTampa to Key West