SilkAir

SilkAir customer review

REP-DAD. Short flight on lovely and clean A320. No food served but given extra orange juice when requested. Service was fantastic. My mother had a broken collar bone and was offered an extra pillow on three separate occasions! Would highly recommend even though flight was late taking off.

SilkAir customer review

Booked over 6 months in advance for our tickets from Singapore to Koh Samui. This was the first flight with Silk Air and possibly the last. Food was very ordinary on the flight to Samui. We didn't eat it. Flight was okay apart from that but return flight was very poor. Despite booking together and being husband and wife we were placed in separate seats to make matters worse at the rear near the toilets. Admittedly it was a busy flight but the staff didn't seem to care. 'It's only a 1.5 hour flight' was the response when I asked if we could move to seats together. The food was better than on the way over but we felt like we were travelling with a very average budget airline even though we paid a premium price. Will avoid travelling with Silk Air again.

SilkAir customer review

My husband and I flew from Penang to Singapore at 9.15pm on Fri 16th Nov and requested a window seat and the one next to it and the same for our flight SQ237 from Singapore to MEL at 11.50pm. We were told there were no window seats plus the next one available. We were lied to as there were seats available when we got onboard. Our first experience with SilkAir has left us extremely disappointed.

(Malaysia)

My most recent flight from KCH-SIN was very disappointing. I was seated at the second last row and one passenger assigned on the last row could not take her seat because it was wet. Flight was very full but luckily the flight attendants managed to find another seat for her but this had left the passenger and those around with a bad impression. Food was really bad (just a small curry puff) and limited choice of drinks. Additionally being seated on the second last row the thing I felt would have irritated many passengers was seeing flight attendants constantly opening the overhead compartment just to keep getting their handbags.

SilkAir customer review

SIN-USM Economy Class. Second time using Silk Air for this route and have to say once again excellent service. Boarding on-time comfortable seat friendly and efficient crew and overall a great experience. Would definitely recommend.

(Malaysia)

You do pay through your nose for SilkAir (versus the budget airlines) but it's hard to complain with the superb experience you get. Smooth boarding attentive and courteous staff a delightful new cream-and-brown design scheme immaculately clean interiors and Food and beverages more generous than one expects for 75-minute segments like SIN- MES.

SilkAir customer review

Singapore to Kochi on airbus 320. I had transferred from an 18 and a half hour flight from JFK to Frankfurt to Singapore on Singapore Airlines. The Cabin Crew and the Flight Attendants did a very good job in getting us a bassinet seat for our one year old daughter. The food was great the seats were OK and the entertainment/shows were just reruns because of the flip down screens every 3 seats behind. The safety video was done professionally well and the Flight Attendants and the Cabin Crew did a very professional job in helping other passengers out. Would fly with them again.

SilkAir customer review

Flew REP-PNH-SIN-PEN. Love Singapore Airlines so was curious if SilkAir standards would be the same. In short they were. Smaller planes yes but the standard of service was the same as Singapore Airlines. Will fly with them again if given the choice.

SilkAir customer review

SIN-CEB on A320. Transfered from a 22-hour flight (JFK-FRA-SIN) with SQ to MI. Boarding was probably one of the most organized affairs I've dealt with. Flight attendants were efficient and friendly. Cabin was still the old-style with the blue seats. However they were very comfortable with proper lumbar support and legroom I felt was more than SQ's A380 in Y. The lack of personal IFE didn't bother me as it was only a 3.5-hour flight. There were screens on the over head that played various TV shows. Although they didn't have any headphones nor the seats had any ability to be plugged in with. Food was delicious and FAs were marching down the aisles with drinks every 10 minutes or so and it was only a 3 hour flight! Overall I would say it was a perfect experience on a regional carrier and I wish that US airlines would follow MI but I think we all know that won't happen.

SilkAir customer review

MI 487/488 Calcutta to Singapore and return on 12 and 16 July 2012. First time on Silk Air i was impressed by the service especially that of the cabin crew. The row just behind me were drunk and demanding - asking for food and alcoholic beverages multiple times. They smilingly obliged to each of their demands. Food was good and sufficient with 2 rounds of drinks on both flights. Pilots gave information about the flight status and route three times during the flights. No personal entertainment system but reruns of bloopers wash out etc. Would fly again.