Scoot

Scoot customer review

Managed to obtain really good priced tickets from SYD to SIN and back. 10 seats across on 772 which is pretty tight. Flight out on time departure and early arrival. Flight back early departure and arrival. OK for daytime flight but on the way back overnight very uncomfortable and impossible to sleep despite paying more for extra legroom seats.

Scoot customer review

SYD-SIN-SYD and would not use Scoot again. Our 7 year old daughter found the seats a great size but my size 8 wife and my average size were very uncomfortable. There were no comforts. No entertainment system without paying no drinks without paying (water was $4) no fold-out head rests no blankets ($12) no pillows ($10) no foot rests the seats were smallest imaginable (they ask you to pay more once on board if you want to move up to the yellow seat). The staff were polite and sweet. The meal we purchased was unappetising. Plane was new and the landings were very smooth so as far as safe flying I cannot complain but the level of comfort was surprisingly low.

Scoot customer review

Singapore-Gold Coast Oct 11th. Departed and arrived 10 min late due to Tech fault. Check in reasonable although strange - check in staff collect passports whilst waiting in check in line and take to document counter for processing then return to pass and direct you to check in counter. This in my opinion slows down check in. Meal service started 1.5hrs after take off pre booked meals served first however they start from row 21 and take a further 1.5hrs to reach seat 61 where I sat - the meal was cold and inedible. Economy blue seats leg room okay however I paid extra for Super seat (well worth the payment). Rows 61-64 are definitely the best - a larger seat and more leg room than other Super seat. Apart from food a good budget airline. Staff extremely professional.

Scoot customer review

Bangkok-Singapore-Sydney 4-5 October 2012. For a tall person leg space for seating good and comfortable. General in flight service good. Cabin crew friendly. For the ground crew at Bangkok a suggestion - a smile it goes a long way. The "call" button in seats in wrong place - easy to push when sleeping.

Scoot customer review

Just did return flights on Scoot from Gold coast to Singapore and it's value for money. No complaint from me and my family. Recommend to anyone looking for value for money.

(Malaysia)

Flew SIN-SYD-SIN in August 2012 with my family (2 adults and 2 children). No complaints and definitely value for money. We did a comparison with their RED competitor for flights on the same sectors on the same days and the difference is mind boggling! Can't say the same thing for the lasagne though which is probably the worst among the good experience we had! Another annoying thing is that the call button will forever be triggered by someone accidentally being located at the armrest.

Scoot customer review

Flew from Singapore to Gold Coast in Scoot Biz. Had flown to Singapore from Brisbane in Premium Economy on Qantas so can make direct comparison. Scoot Biz (SB) was cheaper but seat size leg room meal service and entertainment options were worse if existent. The QF flight had tablet space for 2 drinks between seats SB had normal seat arm as in economy. Leg rest in SB seemed not worth it very little space due to pitch whilst I found meal indelible and nothing before landing or drink on takeoff. Also they made some announcement re streaming then didn't offer IPad. I was ready for sleep anyway. However the info on entertainment choice meant probably wouldn't watch it. In future I would go for Flystretch seats if I used them again after all they actually got to leave aircraft before Seat Biz. Warning in seat power is shared between 2 but use Singapore/UK plugs. Fellow travellers were also low cost travellers.

Scoot customer review

Flew Sydney-Singapore-Sydney in ScootBiz class. Flights were on time cabin staff were pleasant leather seat was OK but a bit hard IFE using an i-pad was OK but had a limited amount of content food was OK but small portions. While I prefer full service airlines Scoot is a Low Cost Carrier as such was pretty good value.

Scoot customer review

Boeing 777 but felt more cramped than an Airbus 320 as the 777 carries more passengers. Service call button and light switch is too close to each other and in a position where a 2.5hr flight from SIN-BKK was nothing but a symphony of calls for service. Flew FlyBagEat. Was informed that my online pre-ordered Eat was not available. I declined offer of another meal and asked for a refund. They got me my pre-ordered meal from Biz Class. My Eat was only served to me 10 minutes before the plane started descent into BKK. I had to struggle with the factory sealed microwave meal it was sealed so tightly I really had to struggle to open it without creating a mess. Good thing I bought a one-way ticket on my inaugural flight with Scoot. My flight back to SIN was on Tiger Airways.

Scoot customer review

Flew Scoot for the first time and had a very enjoyable experience. The seats are actually very comfortable and already well reclined in its up-right state. I didn't feel the need to recline my seat throughout my SIN- SYD trip. There was sufficient legroom and space under the seats to stretch your legs and ample overhead storage space. I didn't miss the entertainment as I brought my own tablet as had most people. That said onboard rental of a fully loaded iPad at $22 seems reasonable to me. While I didn't try all food on offer I did load up on snacks and I like the flexibility of being able to purchase what I wanted when I wanted. The one issue I have is the positioning of the call button on the armrest that often gets accidentally depressed whenever you shift positions in your seat. I'm not a large person but I seemed to set off the pinging each time I shifted. The downside of course is that the stewards/stewardesses may not be as responsive when you actually want to call them. Overall I rate Scoot and my first experience with them highly and think that if they can maintain standards which shouldn't be difficult given their SQ pedigree they will be a success.