Scoot

(Taiwan)

Booked flight Singapore-Sydney with seat reservation turned up over 2 hours before departure but flight was overbooked. About 30 people couldn't get on the plane (even though most had paid for their seat reservation). Compensation? Nothing. Nobody from Scoot turned up to announce it or help out (staff of Changi airport were helpful though). On the way back the flight was delayed by over 5 hours. Both flights were unacceptable!

(Myanmar)

Flight from Changi to Sydney now 5 hours late and keeps being shifted backwards. Staff smug and disinterested. Will never fly Scoot again.
Seat Comfort N/A

Scoot customer review

Pre-booked and paid for inflight entertainment but this service was not available when I asked after boarding. Now I had to find ways to entertain my kid for 7 hours. Instead of giving me a full cash refund for non- provision of service I was offered a $20 voucher valid until July 2013 for 'additional baggage allowance and meal or to upgrade your seats for your future flight'. I have no plans to travel before then and I definitely unlikely to fly Scoot again! Throughout the 7+ hour flight the call buttons were ringing non-stop making any sleep impossible. The call button is placed right beside the armrest and almost everyone accidentally pressed it. Seats were hard and toilets need more regular cleaning.

Scoot customer review

Flew SIN to SYD. The only issue is with the timing of departure being so early in the morning but I compensated with the use of the transit lounge. Early Check-in was a positive. Overall the flight was fine for the price paid meal was adequate and seat recline good for a sleep. For price definitely worth it if you don't mind sacrifices.

Scoot customer review

Over an hour to check-in because we were too early and had to check in at the early counter. Only about a dozen people in front of us but it took an hour to check them in. Of course no lounge but I expected that. Priority boarding was people at the back of the plane board first oh and Business which meant a rush to the queue. The seats relined a little more than most standard seats. I asked to watch a tablet for entertainment and was told they were having technically difficulties and were not available. I since found out they haven't been available for months. Despite leaving at night and arriving in the morning you only get 1 meal and 1 drink. A comfort pack was extra we paid $8 for 1 blanket. We paid an extra $250 for: 1 Meal and 1 drink. Over 70% of the passengers boarded before us which meant the Gold Coast customs line was out onto the tarmac by the time we got off. They had 3 international flights arrive at once as they do most mornings. This airport can barely handle 1 international flight. Our flight arrived at 8.25am and we finally got out of customs around 9.40am.

Scoot customer review

SYD-SIN-SYD in Oct 2012. Surprised that for the fare we paid we received so much. Flights were within 30 minutes of schedule at all times. The seats (Yellow seats $25AUD more) were very good. I am 6ft3 yet I fit very easily and had plenty of room to stretch my legs under the seat in front. Fully aware that there was no IFE so we took our own. Meals were very average but that is not too surprising. Staff were obviously young and inexperienced however they provided all that was required and were always smiling. The price of drinks etc was not too bad. Airport check in at Sydney was quite lengthy but at Singapore was really quick. It is important to remember that it is a low cost carrier.

Scoot customer review

Flew to Gold Coast in mid Dec. Pre-booked and paid for inflight entertainment but this service was 'pulled out due to operational constraint'. Instead of giving us a full cash refund for non-provision of service we were offered a $20 voucher valid until 30 Jun 2013 for 'additional baggage allowance and meal or to upgrade your seats for your future flight'. In response to my request for cash refund I was told to note that the vouchers were transferable. We have no plans to travel before 30 Jun and are definitely unlikely to fly Scoot again!

Scoot customer review

Flew OOL-SIN for the first time on 25 Dec 12. Very pleasantly surprised. Although the flight was full the B777 did give the impression of spaciousness. Pleased that I had paid a little extra for an upgraded seat though. Plenty of legroom - but the armrests are very narrow. No headrests on the seats and the installation of these would be a big plus. The in-flight meals (even the upgraded ones) are no more than snacks - but that was not a big deal. There is of course no IFE. However if you are happy enough to read or use a computer the time passes quite quickly. My only criticism is that the food service was a little chaotic. Other than that Scoot represents excellent value. I'm planning to use Scoot's OOL services in future as a 'launchpad' to the multitude of destinations available from SIN. Very good value for money.

Scoot customer review

Flew SIN-TPE on 21st December the plane cabin actually looked rather old and dated. A panel at the ceiling of the cabin seemed to be loose too. Seats were hard and uncomfortable this was made worse by the lack of a headrest. However the recline of the seat was outstanding. Throughout the 4 hour flight the call buttons were ringing non-stop making any sleep impossible. The call button is placed right beside the armrest so almost everyone accidentally pressed it. Cabin was also rather cold. Toilets are clean and there are drinking fountains outside toilets too. As for service the service crew was very unprofessional they did their work without any smiles and all seemed very cold.

Scoot customer review

Badly organised boarding. Despite having on board water fountains the staff refused to supply a plastic cup without buying outrageously expensive water. Most customers around me were expecting to have to pay for toilet paper. No inflight entertainment available unless booked with purchase of ticket. Staff are friendly but either overworked or under trained. Overall I'll stay away from Budget airlines in the future.