Scoot

"promised priority check in "

Trip Verified | As an elite gold flyer I am promised priority check in and best seats available, I got neither. Now I am on Scoot to Bangkok from Singapore. Same issues though this time on cheaper ticket though still entitled to elite gold privileges. First world problem but if they don’t honor their promises what’s the point.

"Stay away"

Not Verified | I decided to switch from Jetstar to Scoot, thought it would be better as it's with SQ. Nope. They changed my flight, didn't give another option. Been trying to contact them, no easy way...or any way. Stay away.
Date FlownDecember 2022

"first and last time I will fly Scoot"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Changi Airport, missed connecting flight TR466 to Kuala Lumpur due to delay in checking in and taking off time at Melbourne Airport by 2 hours. Arrived Changi Airport at 6.30 pm. Layover time at Changi Airport was 1 hour. No information regarding Covid Testing for transit. No clear instruction by cabin crew as to whether to proceed to Terminal 1. No staff at Scoot C-counter. Very confused, worried, exhausted and stressful because Air Asia and Thai Airways staff had to contact Scoot. Last flight to Kuala Lumpur was 7.30 pm. Stayed at Changi Airport till 17/1/23 for connecting flight to Kuala Lumpur at 9.30 am via TR453. The journey was supposed to take approximately 9 hours but it took more than 20 hours to arrive Kuala Lumpur. The long delay and uncertainties as to how and when I could arrive at Kuala Lumpur caused great inconvenience for family members to drive 2 days to pick me up at KLIA2. On arrival at KLIA2, lost luggage, waiting more than 2 hours at carousel. I contacted Scoot customer service but they were unable to assist. After numerous calls and emails, suitcase was finally delivered on 19/1/23. Not impressed at all. 27/1/23. From Kuala Lumpur to Changi Airport, the staff at Kuala Lumpur provided better service. The layover time at Changi Airport was 17.20 hours and incurring additional hotel bills. If direct flights, no hotels required. When boarded TR22, the take-off time from Changi Airport to Melbourne was again delayed by 1.5 hours due to transit passengers from Berlin. Cabin crew did not offer to load hand luggage into overhead lockers unless requested. Food was not served earlier and the meal was only served once in very small portion with additional waiting time of 20 minutes to heat up the food. I felt very hungry. No blankets and cushions were provided unless purchase. Total travel duration and layover time was approximately 26 hours. Very uncomfortable seats and the toilet is small. Scoot do not feed adequately and provide comfort to passengers. This is the first and last time I will fly by Scoot.
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Didn't even get to use the flight"

Trip Verified | Didn't even get to use the flight, paid extra for a changeable fare and when my sister was ill I tried to change the flight to later in the year so that I could still use it and found out that they only post flights 2 months or so in advance so there is no way to use the flight. Waste of JPY 61,063.00. First time I flew with them when I was on the plane I discovered that they didn't provide water and they also would take a debit card so I had to do an 8hr flight with no water. Disgraceful.
RouteTokyo to Gold Coast
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"they lost my checked baggage"

Trip Verified | The flight was ok however they lost my checked baggage. It is four days now and so far all I have got is an email telling me they can’t find it. The people I have dealt with are very polite typical of Japanese but the lack of any progress is very concerning and has made the ski holiday a nightmare. I would not normally fly a low cost carrier for exactly this reason but was recommended the flight by the travel agent. I was sceptical but decided to go ahead with them on advice from the travel agent. Be warned if everything goes ok and your bags arrive with you you might save a few bucks but if they do the same to you as they have to me any cost savings are insignificant compared to the problems trying to retrieve your lost bags.
RoutePerth to Sapporo via Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"flight staff were highly uncourteous"

Trip Verified | Firstly, I paid for full airfare for a Singapore flight ticket, which ended up as Scoot without a forewarning. Then, my original booking on 7th Jan 2023, got suddenly cancelled and was advised to take 6th Jan 2023, 02.00 hrs flight. I had paid for an additional leg-room seat on the earlier flight, which did not transfer to the new flight. We ended up in a non additional-legroom seat, though we had paid 330AUD extra for that. Also the flight staff were highly uncourteous. One has to go and fetch water, even if you request.
RouteSingapore to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"we were left high and dry after purchasing confirmed seats"

Not Verified | Scoot changed the aircraft at the last minute to a smaller one and offloaded a bunch of passengers including my family from a 9.30 am flight. So we were left high and dry after purchasing confirmed seats. We had to beg for seats on a later flight. They give us boarding passes for a 4pm flight, which was delayed by 2 hours, so we finally take off at 6pm! Also our baggage is handled so badly that my brand new suitcase came out on the luggage belt with black marks on it, looking like an old bag. Never want to use Scoot again! Horrible experience.
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Definitely my airline of choice in SE Asia"

Trip Verified | In my opinion, Scoot is one of the best low-cost carriers in SE Asia. Little sister to Singapore Airlines, they deliver a diluted version of a five-star airline to the budget-conscious traveller. The seats are just fine, and the legroom is better than on most budget airlines. Definitely my airline of choice in SE Asia.
AircraftA320 CEO
RouteSingapore to Chiang Mai
Date FlownNovember 2022

"complaints are just closed"

Trip Verified | I flew Soot Plus (slightly better than economy) on 24 July 2022 from Singapore to Gold Coast. This fare is more than three times the price of a standard seat as it is more spacious, greater reclining capability and a footrest. When I boarded the plane, there were two Defect notices (see attached) on my seat indicating that: 1. the reclining mechanism was defective and the seat would not tilt. 2. the head rest was defective and not operational. From 10:00pm until about 8:00am (an 8 hour period allowing for local time) I had to sit in a fully upright position in this seat with the defective ripped headrest that could only be partially used. I appreciate that the plane was fully booked and therefore I could not be moved to another seat. Cabin crew told me with sincerity that they would submit a report on the problem. It has now been just short of 4 months since I lodged my complaint to Scoot with no offering of a resolution. I have contacted Scoot on 2 occasions (which is a near impossible feat) since July and was told that it would be processed within a week. It is a direct deliberate lie? I have since written to the parent company Singapore Airline. They did not respond. If flying Between Australia and Asia do not fly Scoot. They are near impossible to contact and they do not care. And there is no complaint mechanism within Australia. A bargain is a bargain until you get stung. I have just contacted Scoot again and they have advised me that the case is closed. They haven't even reviewed or contacted me. All complaints are just closed as they are received.
RouteSingapore to Gold Coast
Date FlownJuly 2022

"refund should be made for overpayment"

Trip Verified | I have been flying Scoot air to Penang and Bangkok since Covid subsided. Overall, the travel experiences have not been satisfactory. Recently, we paid for extra leg room seats 4D and 4C when the tickets were purchased online. When we checked in physically at the counter, the boarding pass were issued accordingly. However, after boarding the flight to Bangkok minutes just before the plane took off, the airline staff requested us to vacate the seats and move to the back row seats as though they did not know we had paid for front extra leg room seas (I shown them the receipts and boarding pass). Despite having secured 2 extra leg room seats as indicated in the boarding pass. Different staff appeared and indicated that the plane has been changed last minute and the current seats belonged to Scootplus and we must move to row 31 and 32. She took our boarding pass and use pen to amend the boarding pass seat number. We paid additional additional fare of SGD 190 for 2 to remain in Scootplus and requested for the refund of SGD 54 for extra leg rooms seats (2). After 2 weeks, still no news although the hotline said they would investigate and revert. The experience was certainly not something we cherished. It was ok to change plane due to unforeseen circumstances but refund should be made for overpayment. For any underpayment, we were happy to top up as well. Earlier experience to Penang also did not end well as date change of ticket online in the portal were not very smooth, very hard to make date change during May - June 2022 (the price differentials for flight/date change were much higher than buying a new ticket). Eventually, I just bought another tickets for the whole family instead of making travelling date changes.
Date FlownOctober 2022