Scoot

"regarding the excess luggage"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Bangkok via Singapore. To Scoot or not to Scoot In just one single trip I have come to the following conclusion about Scoot. There is inconsistency in the way they treat seat luggage allowance wise at different airports which cost us a lot. The web portal crashed multiple times when I tried to book luggage ... in the crash dump it said that they had "been informed" ... right. Maybe if the portal had worked I could have paid $105 return for luggage for my son as well instead of the total of $540. The air hostesses seems to look down on people, at least my wife who is kindness incarnated. The air hostesses seemed to have no information on extra seats and who is entitled to use them. The air hostesses apparently just assumed that we were getting off in Singapore .... the way they handled the stroller part in the story border lines theft of $400 in my books. It was only that I broke a massive sweat to "pull it from the dumpster" that I got my property back. The people in service phone has no clue about prices of luggage, again it seems this case falls out of their flow chart. The customer support does not respond, responds consistently only after the 10 days probably to wear you down and will apparently try and make you give up by death by paragraphs ... but I can read and this has become a matter of principle for me. The main issue was the the fact that we got trapped on the return to Gold Coast with luggage conditions that were suddenly different in Bangkok than in Gold Coast. This cost us A$300 extra but even though thats a lot of money, there is a certain amount of unfairness to it which is why I am making my voice heard. I have written to Scoot regarding the excess luggage and waited the 10 days without a reply from them. Then I wrote again and have waited another 10 days without hearing anything. But then I heard from them with the following message: "Our record shows that you have purchased an extra seat for your infant, however, infants are not considered as a full paying passenger. You may refer to our Conditions of Carriage 3.3 regarding infant passenger." In fact under baggage allowance it says "Infants not occupying a seat have no Checked Baggage allowance" which must mean that our son, since he occupied a seat either had a checked baggage allowance or at least was allowed to have one. So, they seem they will do anything to deflect. I have written to them with this argument. And they replied back that they have considered it and that infants occupying a seat still cannot have Checked Baggage allowance.
RouteGold Coast to Bangkok via Singapore
Date FlownApril 2019

"not allow me to change flight"

Trip Verified | Perth to Jakarta via Singapore. Booked a Scoot flight for 31st May with a 6 hour stopover in Singapore. A few days ago advised flight from Perth to Singapore was cancelled and put on another flight (SQ) a day early on 30 May. Looked online to view available flights on the 31st and there was another SQ flight on the 31st May with similar departure time to my original Scoot flight. They did not allow me to change flight as it they do not have authority over SQ flights (same organization that moved me from Scoot to SQ in the first place), forcing me to stay longer in Singapore.
RoutePerth to Jakarta via Singapore
Date FlownMay 2019

"was able to get some sleep"

Not Verified | I travelled from Singapore to Berlin on Scoot. It was a long haul flight and was able to get some sleep. Arrived in TXL and was bused to the annex of airport.
RouteSingapore to Berlin
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Will fly them again"

Not Verified | Flew from Gold Coast to Singapore on Scoot. Check in was quick.Service was good. Slept some of the way. Will fly them again. I like leaving from the Gold Coast airport because it is an efficient small airport.
RouteGold Coast to Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Service was horrible"

Trip Verified | Trivandrum to Singapore. There was no on line check in available to start with, which is nerve racking. Service provided by staff was horrible and Food served in the flight is good for nothing. There was no support for Kids meals. There was no pillows provided and the blankets provided were cheap. My wife and son struggled through out the journey, As There was no pillows provided. Seats are extremely uncomfortable and if the passenger sitting in front is use recliner then you’re are in real problem as their seat is resting on your knees.
RouteTrivandrum to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2019

"ruined the overall experience"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Surabaya to Singapore with Scoot. Speedy check-in with friendly ground-staff, speedy boarding. Bare-bones, not reclining seats and downright rude, unhelpful lead flight attendant ruined the overall experience.
RouteSurabaya to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2019

"Cabin crew courteous and ever-present"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Berlin with Scoot. Bad start with one hour delay to departure after boarding. Last row, non-reclining seat allocated despite very early check in. Cabin crew courteous and ever-present.
RouteSingapore to Berlin
Date FlownMay 2019

"the gate already closed"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Taipei. My flight was at 6:10am in the morning, I only managed to reach airport at 5:10am because the taxi driver lost his way. I tried check in using the machine but was not successful so proceed to counter, by the time I reach counter already 5:20am, the staff at the counter said the gate already closed and because I didn’t do online check in so she can’t let me in asked me to proceed to another counter to reschedule the timing. I then proceed to another counter paid $220 for reschedule the flight. I don’t understand if she can let those have done online check in people go in at that time why can’t she let me in for my case.
AircraftTR874
RouteSingapore to Taipei
Date FlownMay 2019

"Worst experience in 22 years of traveling"

Melbourne to Phuket via Singapore with Scoot. Worst experience in 22 years of traveling worldwide. Absolutely a budget airline. You get nothing but a seat to sit in. Plane didnt leave on time for departure. 3 and a half hour delay on the return flight, which left us hanging around Changi airport for 6 hours.
RouteMelbourne to Phuket via Singapore
Date FlownApril 2019

"plane was clean and spacious"

Trip Verified | Scoot HNL-KIX r/t. Our tickets were only about $300/person, including 1 checked bag and 1 meal in each direction. For this price we did not expect much but we were positively surprised. The plane was clean and spacious, it even had mood lighting. The seats were not overly comfortable but ok even for a 9 hr flight. Leg room was sufficient. The crew was very friendly and approachable so no complaints about the service. There was a 1 hr delay on the HNL-KIX segment but we were kept informed at the gate; the return flight was on time. The only complaint are the high food and drink prices - about US $3 for a small bottle of water and the pre-ordered meal would have been cheaper if bought on board (the on-board menu listed a price of Sin $18 and I paid US $18 during booking). I would fly them again although the next time I would eat before the flight and bring more snacks on board (snacks are supposedly allowed and we had no problems nibbling on our chocolate and nuts that we brought with us). Overall, I would recommend this airline. For the price we paid it was great value.
RouteHonolulu to Osaka