Scoot

"great series of flights"

Not Verified | Sydney to Athens via Singapore. It was a great series of flights with a stopover in Singapore of about 8 hours. I spent the time in the business lounge at Changi Airport.
RouteSydney to Athens via Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"was fined a lot at the airport"

Trip Verified | Guangzhou to Singapore. Worst flying experience ever. They charged USD 725 during the covid19 time to profit from those who have to fly and even at this price still without regular luggage allowance. I have to call them multiple times to buy additional allowance for my second piece of luggage and it turned out to be a nightmare. Rep is very hard to communicate, slow, and poor in English. It ended up with I failed to buy proper allowance without knowing it, and I was fined a lot at the airport.
RouteGuangzhou to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Actually better than usual"

Not Verified | Returning as cheaply as possible Perth to Bangkok. Booked 2 weeks before the flight on 17th, COVID-19 was already disrupting transport, Singapore was days from closing Changi, and Thailand obviously close to closing BKK and I was using visa exempt so concerned. No problem at check in, flight left on time, guess 15% full. I regard Scoot as really too good for a cheapo, seat is same as full service airline, of course no drink, food, entertainment, and only 10kg but I pay to be transported. In Changi told that flight SIN to BKK was consolidated 4 x 320 into 1, so an 8 hour delay, a potential refund was mentioned but no use to myself to be stuck in Singapore. Good flight 320 to BKK about half full and on time and allowed into Thailand, phew! BKK empty, through immigration and in taxi before ETA. Actually better than usual good Scoot flights as flight crew not so insistent of pushing expensive food, coffee, drinks, guess they were all on notice, I wish them well and base my 10/10 of their consolidating my flight as driven by economic necessity. Hope they survive and in a similar way.
RoutePerth to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2020

"emailed for our cash refund"

Not Verified | We have used Scoot before and highly recommended them previously. Now with our cruise cancelled we have firstly asked for voucher refund to use later this year. As with the uncertainty of travelling this year we emailed for our cash refund instead. No response, we only got "we will get back to you within 10 working days" - nothing!. A phone call to them 1 month later and after 40 minutes of back and forth on hold with customer service we were told no you cannot change it. We asked for reasoning and to have a response in writing as verbal communication was difficult, and nothing .. so disappointing that they treat previous clients this way!
RouteSingapore to Sydney
Date FlownMay 2019

"didn’t refund anything"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | On our way to Bangkok airport we received a voucher for the cancelled flight home! A new internet booking for 9.000 baht isn’t possible, instead we have to buy an overpriced ticket for 21.000 baht. After buying the ticket they didn’t want to let us fly! We showed an email from the Greek ministery of foreign affairs giving green light for my wife - and they checked us through to Athens. In Singapore Scoot denied boarding to my Korean wife (not me). we tried to show the mfa email, they didn’t want to see it. The boarding staff sent us to Transfer D: „there’s a Scoot office“ taking care of everything and they will help us. But in transfer D there’s just a night staff, who can’t do anything for us and many other Scoot nightmare guests. No service, no food, no water, no help at all. Our luggage is not available - it’s behind immigration . If we go out, we’ll be quarantined for 14 days. The Scoot manager is kidding us: We need a medical certificate, we would get it in a clinic nearby. But this clinic doesn’t test anyone - and the manager should know it. No flight money back! The manager was generous enough to give us the flight to Bangkok instead of Athens. Since march 20 Scoot didn’t refund anything, doesn’t answer emails.
RouteBangkok to Athens via Singapore

"Scoot cheated me"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Hong Kong via Singapore. Scoot cheated me I bought ticket 4 months ago. It consists 2 flights depart on 19 Mar 2020, the 2nd connecting flight is from Singapore to Hong Kong. I checked again iternary on 18 Mar night, this 2 flights were confirmed. But early i arrive airport to check-in, staff told me the 2nd flight to HK has been cancelled and seem they can cancel flight any time with no advance notification and no valid reason. The Scoot manager in Melbourne airport was unhelpful only saying flight cancelled and insist cannot offer alternative/solution, and said no next Scoot flight to HK in coming days, Scoot can take me to Singapore only or can get refund. I paid for the whole journey, Scoot has moral obligation to fulfill Client's requirement or solve their created problem. Strongly advise not taking Scoot despite some cheap sale ticket as cannot compensate your loss in the end.
RouteMelbourne to Hong Kong via Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2020

"endured a very uncomfortable flight"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Due to severe reduction of flights from Singapore to Hong Kong because of CoVid-19, I could not choose to fly with my favourite: Singapore Airlines, all their afternoon flights have been cut. I was left with the only reasonably priced option: Scoot. For today (Mar 12th), their 787 was deployed, and I was rather curious and looked forward to trying it. I had problems with check in at their computer kiosk, was directed to the assistance counter to complete my check in. The lady was not friendly nor very helpful. Never mind, hopefully the flight experience will make up for it. For today, no meals or duty free will be available to purchase. Instead, each passenger was given a bottle of water and a packaged croissant. I was sat the the so called quiet zone, load factor was very low, they still insisted to sit a lady in our seat of 3, where she could have any other seats (all 3 to herself!), not her fault but the airlines. The thing to do would be to move to another empty to give her more room (and myself), I was not allowed to. I was told due to the virus situation, passengers must not move to any seats for tracing purpose later if necessary. As a result, all 3 of us squeezed onto 6 D,E and F, endured a very uncomfortable flight, inside a 30% full cabin, thanks to the cunning arrangement of the check in agent. I had to take Scoot because I had no other choice, and they did not show me that flying with them had any benefits, besides the low price. 787 usually is very nice plane, but when it becomes a Scoot plane, it looked cheap and tattered everywhere, with very tight seat pitch, cabin crew were so so, doing the bare minimum. I dread to think how people endure long haul trips withe them from Singapore to Athens and Berlin in that same aircraft?!
RouteSingapore to Hong Kong

"I did not need visa"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Bali to Tokyo via Singapore. I had the worst experience during check in at Bali international airport. I was flying back home using 2 different airlines, no baggage, terminals I fly in is the same I fly out, all airports I fly in have transit zone. The employee of scoot refused to give me my boarding pass cause I did not have visa to Japan, I did not need visa in this case I could easily transfer to my next flight without leaving the terminal. After asking him for a while to verify everything he was just sitting there and replying all the same "I cannot" . I asked to give me my boarding pass only to Singapore and he told me I cant get it as well cause I need flight back and if I buy a new ticket in front of him he can give it to me otherwise I wont get anything and simply losing all my flights. I asked for a manager and he refused to call the manager or somebody, I asked to provide me a complaint form and he refused to do so, he refused to give even a phone call to somebody who knows more then him. All I wanted is to go home and not being stuck in Indonesia. Somehow I was able to get my boarding pass to Singapore from other agent who was very nice an understanding, she checked everything and verified that I actually can get my boarding pass. Thanks to other employee I was able to fly home without problems. As a company who are involved in international flights every employee should be familiar with every aspect of international travels. It is very serious for many people to be where they need to be on time. Please make sure your employees are not refusing people boarding passes and please be more understanding even if you are a budget airline.
RouteBali to Tokyo via Singapore

"Scoot did the job"

Trip Verified | My first time flying with Scoot having read so many negative reviews for this airline. I found a great deal one way to Bangkok and just couldn't resist, so I took a chance. Around 200 AUD one way. Overall my experience was not too bad. If you expect something fancy from this budget airline, you have to ask something, what is important? Is comfort important or simply getting from point A to B? I chose the latter. Most of the time I took a nap while listening to music, so I wasn't in too much discomfort. Leg room was decent. My advice bring your own pillow if you have trouble sleeping on the plane. Overall Scoot did the job. This isn't Singapore Airlines in any manner. If being economical is important for you, give Scoot a try.
RouteMelbourne to Bangkok via Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"missing my second flight"

Trip Verified | My flight from Amritsar to Singapore was late around 7 hours. None of passengers were informed. End up missing my second flight Singapore to Sydney, at airport I was told that my next flight is after two days. End up buying another ticket with Malaysia Airlines via Kuala Lumpur. Cost me another $1200. Made a complaint, no return my call.
RouteAmritsar to Sydney via Singapore