Scoot

"impossible to get the money back"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | They overcharged me for my luggage even though I was entitled to the bags I had. They blamed it on their system and said that the only way for me to get my bags there was to pay and hope for a refund later. Afterwards it was impossible to get the money back.
RouteDenpasar to Singapore
Date FlownMarch 2022

"way below expectation"

Not Verified | Clark to Heathrow via Singapore. I just had the most horrendous flight experience because of this airline! I had no choice but to fly Scoot as they are a sister airline of Singapore Airlines. I bought my ticket via the Singapore Airline website from Heathrow to Clark. The last leg of the journey, Singapore to Clark is via this horrible airline and vice versa on the return journey. The seats are horrible, service is non-existent, the whole flight is completely way below expectation from beginning to end! The worst came on my return journey to London wherein the Scoot flight was late departing Clark by 5 hours due to ‘technical difficulties’. I missed my connecting flight to London via Singapore Airlines! The worst part was neither Scoot nor Singapore Airlines took responsibility for what happened. I along with 5 other passengers in the same flight were left to fend and find out what we need to do on our own once we landed in Singapore, we were not given any instructions and the customer service was atrocious! After finding out that 4 of us will have to wait 12 plus hours after being placed on standby no help, explanation nor accommodation were offered! If I did not demand for accommodation, which I was still not given, I would not have been offered access to one of the lower level lounges! They actually expected the stranded passengers to sit and wait no matter how long it takes to get us on a flight, it took me 44 hours to get back to the UK after everything! Apologies from Scoot or Singapore Airlines?! Nothing! And by the way, my luggage was delivered 5 days after my departure!!! Absolutely avoid this trash airline!
RouteClark to Heathrow via Singapore
Date FlownJune 2022

"never fly with Scoot again"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | 1 hour 20 mins stood up in line to to check in, not enough check in staff. When you go the gate there is plenty of staff standing around doing nothing. Approximately 6 to 8 staff hanging around for no reason. Flight had too many Unnecessary radio announcements from Cabin crew and pilot even repeating the same things. Scoot do not give a small bottle of water on a 2.5hr flight, and it is difficult and slow to try and purchase a drink there is only a 20 minute window of opportunity to purchase then you will be told it is closed. All drinks apart from full sugar coke and water were out of stock. If you want to use power socket to charge phone at your seat you must log onto their system and pay $6 by credit card. I'll never fly with Scoot again.
RouteBangkok to Singapore
Date FlownJune 2022

"telling me I cannot get my refund back"

Trip Verified | My class of service is scootplus. I booked a return trip that is ScootPlus, and due to circumstances, I had to fly back immediately, that is the next day after I reach Melbourne. When I booked the ticket, they mentioned "One-time free date change", but when I try to change it charge me over $500 for an economy seat. I then proceed to make a new booking, that is a one-way trip, from Melbourne to Singapore, and cost me around $500. When I am at the Melbourne airport, they asked me to look for the Singapore Service centre, which means I need to fly back right? But when I am back in Singapore, all service centres were all closed and there was absolutely no one there to assist me. Mind you, I seat an 8 hours economy flight and it was already 3am in the morning in Singapore. Now that I called the service centre, they are telling me I cannot get my refund back. This is totally ridiculous. I have already downgraded myself to a seat at the squeezy area, with no service at all, and I am charged close to a $500 for that, in addition, and on top of my ScootPlus booking that cost $1400.
RouteSingapore to Melbourne
Date FlownJune 2022

"would arrive after check-in counter closed"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Checked in online the day before flying through their new beta online check-in system. On the day of departure I had unforeseen delays so would arrive after check-in counter closed but well before the gate closed. Tried the webchat to check if there would be any issues. Agent stopped responding despite my repeated attempts to get a reply (over the course of more than twenty minutes). When I arrived at the airport I ran to the counter and was told I could still get a boarding pass if I had checked in online before check-in closure. The agent checked my passport and said I was not checked in. I tried to show her my confirmation on my phone but she would not look at it. Then I tried to call the customer care line in Malaysia on their website and it does not work. I later received an e-mail that I had missed my flight and that I need to call customer care through a number listed in a link, when I clicked the link it didn’t work.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Singapore
Date FlownMay 2022

"A complete waste of my time"

Not Verified | A complete waste of my time. Received an email suggesting that they had altered my return flight by 2 hours with a big click here button to accept the change. However when I received my actual booking on the website they had in fact changed my departure date by 3 whole days. No easy way to claim a refund. A Chat BOT said a claim form would be sent within 1 day, it has not arrived. Furthermore the quickest that can expect a refund is 10 days. A shambles of a company.
RouteLondon to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"never sent me any notification"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | They rebooked me to a flight next day and never sent me any notification. I arrive at the airport to find out that I’m flying the next day and that the leg from Singapore to Berlin doesnt even exist on that day. The staff at Melbourne Airport is useless, they won’t help you. When you call their support no one picks up. I was waiting for 50 min then the call dropped, second attempt another 30 min and no luck.
RouteMelbourne to Berlin via Singapore / Athens
Date FlownMay 2022

"agent refused to check alternative dates"

Trip Verified | Scoot offers 1st change of date free due to Covid when you book on the airline's own website, however when you try to rebook it shows you much higher fares and claim those are the best available. Then a curious customer like me opens a new window, does not login, searches the fare for the same date on Scoot's own website and sees lower fares. I contacted Scoot support and was told to "delete cookies from my browser", then that I am too late to change my flight (which I was not), and then to hang on the line while the agent supposedly checked time zones, and then the agent was able to process the change but with a fluctuating "fee from nowhere" which was "automatically calculated on the backend" and which eventually converged on less than EUR10. The agent refused to check alternative dates where I would not have to pay any surcharge. Not the fault of the service agent.
RouteBerlin to Singapore
Date FlownApril 2022

"cabin crew were friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | Positives - flights were on time and cabin crew were friendly and helpful. Actual seats - standard leg room for any long distance flights (so not bad). Negative - no in-flight entertainment (no TV screens). So download films onto your mobile device and watch during flight. But you have to pay for power (£6.00 each way). Negative - stodgy, microwave food that you have to pay for. Top tip - eat in the departure lounge and take drinks and sandwiches with you for the flight. Negative - have to pay for all drinks, and they only take credit cards (no cash and no debit cards). Negative - no pillows or blankets, so take your own. In the end, you can pay about £80 more for these extras, that you wouldn't pay on a full service airline. Once you get your head around the fact that this is a long distance "Ryanair", and you come prepared for the above, it's actually a reasonable, direct London-Bangkok flight.
RouteLondon Gatwick - Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2022

"would never fly with Scoot again even"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | The app is impossible to use and will not let you see your reservation. On the contrary it keeps telling you that it cannot find your booking. Very strict procedure at check in regarding your luggage weight and also the carry on weight. The plane was almost full. The seats were hard and not comfortable, cramped. They don't give any water or meal free. Don't expect any flight entertainment system there is no screen no USB port nothing at all. So if you don't have a phone with movies or a couple of books, prepare yourself for a very long boring flight in a uncomfortable seat that makes it impossible to get any good rest. Then there was the transit at Singapore airport which was okay. Singapore to Bangkok was delayed by about 1 hour on departure when everybody was sitting on the plane and waiting without information. Because you cannot use your earphones before taking off and landing , as it would endanger your security if you cannot hear what the pilot would have to say, at least was the reply when I questioned their policy. They also have you straighten the seats and there again remove your earphones 15 minutes before landing. This was a long haul flight followed by another one that was delayed by one hour with aggressive crew members. I would never fly with Scoot again even if it means paying more.
RouteBerlin to Bangkok via Singapore