Scoot

"had to pay extra for excess baggage"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | We had booked and paid for a Bangkok to Singapore flight before COVID as Scoot Plus. It was cancelled because of the crisis. We got a voucher and thought we could fly Scoot Plus business class with the voucher later. The voucher was only a substitute for a refund that we were entitled to. This is not the case with Scoot. When we booked the replacement flight, there was only Business Class in a Boeing on the route from Bangkok to Singapore, on the return flight only Economy due to a different aircraft and we had to pay extra for excess baggage, for the seat and for boarding first. In total, we paid 47% extra for worse conditions. On the outward flight, everything worked okay. Scoot cannot organise an immigration fast track for Business Class customers. Long before the trip, we received an email that the departure time had changed. The reason for this was another change of aircraft back to Boeing. That there was now a Business Class after all was not disclosed. At check-in, we were given an Eco ticket in the last row of the plane, although we had been confirmed seats in the first row and had paid a surcharge for them. There was no mention of the paid first boarding. Only after a massive protest the check-in manager gave us seats a little further forward. We were told that Business Class was fully booked. Arriving at the gate, we found an inadequate small waiting room in which the passengers had to wait standing up like sardines in a can. I asked a Scoot employee for a seat and received a shrug. There was no mention of priority boarding.
RouteBangkok to Singapore
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Scoot is a horrendous airline"

Trip Verified | Scoot is a horrendous airline. It starts with a totally useless and non-functioning website. Payments don't work properly. Unable to check in. Every time you log on you have to verify yourself via SMS, even though you are you using the same browser. Scoot's website is the worst of any airline out there. Flights are often delayed. I will try to avoid Scoot at all cost!
RoutePhuket to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Worst of the worst in budget airlines"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Sydney. Worst of the worst in budget airlines. Smallest seat, tightest legroom and noisy aircraft. I don't know how the Singapore government allowed these guys to fly. Biggest regret was thinking Singapore Airlines partner which turned out to be poor. Wouldn’t recommend to anybody. Comfort was -100. Hardly room to move.
RouteSingapore to Sydney
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Cancelled flights for international flights home"

Trip Verified | Disgusting service. You pay what you get for. Cancelled flights for international flights home with no notification or compensation. We were on hold for an hour and a half on our holiday and also on chat with no resolution outside of a refund which will not alleviate the issue as I still need to get home! We had to book another connecting flight and accommodation, and lost a day off of our holiday in addition to lost money with our existing accommodation. The customer service was pathetic with no complaints department or management to speak to. Completely apathetic response and no care whatsoever. Really unhappy and will never fly with this airline again. Despite paying for your meals you will get a burnt and crusty tiny meal for a 12 hour leg. Despite pre ordering meals you won't get what you ordered for. No complimentary meals or even snacks despite long haul flights. Worn and dirty airplanes with broken seat belts and arm rests. Pay extra and go with a reputable airline that will treat you like a human being and won't ruin the end of start of your vacation.
RouteAthens to Melbourne via Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2022

"next time will pay extra"

Trip Verified | We flew with Scoot on our Singapore-Sydney route on the way back from the UK, which we booked through Singapore Airlines. However, we were disappointed. We paid a little bit extra for a "Scoot in Silence" seat, which was like a small economy area where children weren't allowed. Food was pretty terrible (but included) however drinks were not included, except for water. We had brought our own water on board but had to pay for any extra drinks, which I wasn't happy about. No entertainment system, so come prepared with your own devices. I wouldn't fly Scoot again, and next time will pay extra to fly with Singapore Airlines the whole way.
RouteSingapore to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I'm still waiting for my refund"

Not Verified | Scoot changed my flight date to 3 days earlier for operation reason, and said I can either take this new flight or get a refund. I couldn't change my plans at such short notice, so I requested a refund in mid-June 2022. It's now been over 2 months (nearly 3 months) and I'm still waiting for my refund. I've called them every few weeks, and each time, they tell me that my refund is at the last stage of the process, pending final manager approval. They tell me it'll be 15 days, but they tell me this each time they miss this deadline. They won't let me talk to a manager, and they won't let me contact the refunds team directly. Scoot has missed its own refund deadline of 30 business days by a huge margin. Upon my latest call, they said they'll refund me within 3-4 weeks - despite having already failed to pay for nearly 3 months.
Date FlownJune 2022

"Boeing 787, quite comfortable"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Short hop from KL to SIN with Boeing 787, quite comfortable. Lots of thunderstorms on route, looked very dramatic but actually we did not experience major turbulence. Long stopover in SIN (could get out of the terminal and take a hotel in the city) and next day flight to Manila. Booked meal service, which was ok (nothing really memorable) and emergency exit. Both at acceptable rate.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A320
RouteKuala Lumpur to Manila via Singapore
Date FlownMay 2022

"appalled by how little care"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Denpasar via Singapore. First of all, they do not offer water on a 13.5 hour flight. If that's not illegal, it should be. They lost my bag for a week and offered me ZERO help to get it back - I eventually got it back through my own efforts by making dozens of expensive calls every day for a week to the ground staff at the relevant airports. It was extremely stressful. Every time I asked for help from Scoot, if I actually got through which was rare, the person on the end of the phone said it was not their role to help with that and could not even direct me towards someone who could. I filed a claim for compensation for the expenses incurred in the week without my luggage (not to mention the stress of it!) and two months have gone by and they are still ignoring my emails. I'm absolutely appalled by how little care they have for rectifying a mistake they have made. A joke of an airline. Not worth the risk of flying with them. AVOID!!!
RouteBerlin to Denpasar via Singapore
Date FlownJune 2022

"Luggage was lost when landed"

Trip Verified | Luggage was lost when landed in Kuala Lumpur. When landed back in Singapore, went to luggage Center and the person said the luggage did not even leave Singapore and untraceable once it was checked in. But they still does not know where it is. Called the number they gave but no one has been picking up after one whole day of calling. Really frustrating and disappointing
AircraftA320neo
RouteSingapore to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2022

"yet to get any reply"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Scoot was the worst budget airline I encounter. I recently took Scoot airlines from Singapore to Penang (Malaysia) on 17 Jun'22. As I have checked in my luggage and upon arrival, my luggage was spoilt. So, I made a complain to the ground staff and was requested to fill up the form for claim. Since then, I have been following up numerous time and it is already more than 1 month and yet to get any reply.
RouteSingapore to Penang