SATA Air Azores

SATA Air Azores customer review

Recently returned from a one week vacation to Terceira Azores. Plane was supposed to depart out of Logan at 10.15pm as soon as I entered the airport I was greeted by a delay until 1.15am did not take off until 2am. No reason was ever given for the 4 hour delay (weather was perfect) however upon talking to other passengers I found out it was due to mechanical difficulties of the scheduled plane and a substitute plane had to be sent out. Adding insult to injury no attempt to give us food vouchers was made. The last hour before departure the SATA staff dragged out a few cases of warm soda bags of chips and cookies. On the return flight to Logan (#4231) I had requested a window seat instead what I got was a center seat. The overhead air vents were broken and the cabin temperature was very warm. I alerted the flight attendants twice about these conditions and their response was that we cannot repair the vents now as the plane was in flight. A movie was provided so I decided to plug in my earphones and check it out; the jack connection was flimsy and kept falling out all I would get is intermittent static. Both the outside and interior of this plane looked very used and in need of maintenance. To their credit we did arrive on time.

SATA Air Azores customer review

Flew Oakland-Terceira on Aug 5 2014 flight 236. Well aware of the cramped space in economy class I paid over 2K for an executive seat extra leg room and supposed extra comfort on an 11 hour flight. Instead this is what a two thousand dollar "Executive Class”service you get from Oakland to Terceira: 1) The flight had a departure of Aug 4th but it was delayed 27 hours one vacation day lost! 2) My executive seat was not functioning! From Oakland to Toronto (approx. 5.5 hours) I was unable to recline my seat! 3) In Toronto they made minimal effort to repair the seat but to no avail. I did discover how to manually make my seat recline however the foot rest never fully opened up. 4) The meal from Oakland to Toronto was substandard at best however it was much better than the cold sandwich served us from Toronto to Terceira (approx. 5.5 hour flight). 5) In“Executive”we are supposed to have “ priority” luggage which supposedly means our luggage is to be unloaded first -…mine was unloaded 1.5 hours after landing. I was the last person to leave baggage claim in Terceira! Despite SATA touting preferred service for their SATA Plus customers those flying out of Oakland have very little preferred service! If this is the best SATA can do in their Executive class they have no right to charge 3x more for these seats! For the same money I could’have bought 3 seats in economy class had the same service and the same comfort as what I got in Executive.” The only positive aspect to my flight over was that I arrived safely.

SATA Air Azores customer review

S4222 7/5-7/6 and S4201 7/16. Beware when flying low budget airlines overseas. On the plus side SATA did safely deliver us relatively on time to our destinations both flights. The vintage circa 1983 Airbus 310 added some adventure. Unfortunately it also added a lot of discomfort. The plane was extremely cramped and hot with bad seats no inflight entertainment systems and perhaps the worst food in an industry known for bad food. What was most impressive was the absolute disdain by which SATA staff treated the passengers. I'm pretty convinced they learned to be this way through training as there's no way so many staff in two separate cities and on one of the two flights could all be this way. The bathroom lacked toilet paper drink carts brimming with trash and for at least two hours on the Lisbon-Boston flight the attendants were nowhere to be seen. I loved Portugal but next time will stick to TAP to get there!

SATA Air Azores customer review

Easily the worst airline I've ever flown. Outgoing flight from Boston was cancelled (which seems to be a recurring theme with SATA) so we lost a whole day of vacation. The plane was very old and so cramped that my knees were touching the seat in front of me - and then that person reclined his seat so that it was about a foot from my face. This might be fine for a 2 hour flight but a flight that is almost 5 hours? It's inhuman. The food was some kind of boiled slop with mystery seafood at the bottom. I've never been picky about airline food but this was disgusting. Most people just ate the roll and left the rest. Lack of personal space made it almost impossible to actually eat. Coming back the plane was delayed an hour it sounded as though all the SATA planes were delayed as well. People at the next gate started clapping in unison to get the staff to let them board the plane. Clearly SATA's fleet of planes is old and broken down and this causes frequent delays. This is no way to run a business.

SATA Air Azores customer review

19 Feb PDL-TER. 19 Feb TER-PIX. 24 Feb PIX-PDL. Very quick response after contact via email. Very friendly and quick responses during the complete procedure. At the airport counters and check-ins we met friendly SATA employees as well. There is only one negative thing to talk about: The food. If I was responsible for the food on the planes - I would change the caterer immediately.

SATA Air Azores customer review

Booked a TAP flight from Lisbon to Terceira that turned out to be code shared and operated by SATA. This is an underestimated airline and I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the seating as well as the quality of the service. I will book SATA on my next trip to the Azores.

SATA Air Azores customer review

FNC-LPA. Friendly check in agent at Funchal was absolutely delightful to deal with. Flight about 15 minutes late leaving but arrived on time. Love the Q400 because it is easy on/easy off.

SATA Air Azores customer review

Flew SATA from Boston to Lisbon and then back via the Azores. All flights were on time. Food was very good. Business class is an excellent deal - just a few hundred dollars for a bigger seat w/ foot rest departure lounge nice meal early boarding all the extra touches. Inflight staff were great - on the ground staff very helpful. A great trip.

SATA Air Azores customer review

We flew from Boston to Ponta Delgada in August round-trip. The service was excellent they served hot meals and just before landing the flight attendant passed out warm towelettes.

SATA Air Azores customer review

Toronto to Sao Miguel Aug 28 and return Sept 18. New alliance with West Jet helps immensely with baggage handling from Edmonton. Service by ground and in-flight staff is excellent and fully bilingual. Pleasant hard working and highly professional. Meal okay but beverage service with wines and coffee is excellent. Seats are short for a tall person and seats are closer together compared to West Jet. Cabins clean and no apparent repairs needed. Older cabin features. For the money paid for the round trip flight this was a great value.