SAS Scandinavian

SAS Scandinavian customer review

LHR-Arlanda-LHR. Flight out on an oldish 737-600 comfortable seats no drop down screens - so no screen entertainment good service free tea/coffee. but not food. Cabin staff friendly and seemed interested in their work and passengers. Comfortable economy seats. Although I was amongst the first to arrive at the gate on departure at LHR we could board the aircraft straight away which was a very pleasant change and I wish more airlines would do this. Flight left 20 mins late due to the tug breaking down and having to be replaced and some turbulence en-route. I think the Captain said we were at 4100ft but would descend to a lower level to make the flight smoother. On the return leg I did have to sit by the gate but we all boarded a nearly full flight to leave on time and land back in London 15 mins ahead of schedule. I was in seat 4A which had a bit more leg room which was nice but must be near a heating vent so that at times I wondered if I was in a sauna. All woman crew and Captain kept us well informed about our progress with regular announcements. Over all very good and I would certainly fly with them again.

(Norway)

BGO-TRD. A short domestic flight on an old Boeing 737-500. Had seat 1A so leg-room was fine but the seats and aircraft in general was old and tired. In-flight magazine should have been replaced was literally falling apart. The coffee/tea served was nice and FAs were positive and professional.. Arrived on time even though boarding started 5 minutes before we were supposed to depart because of delay on the incoming flight to Bergen. All in all an ok flight but SAS seems more and more like a low-cost carrier these days.

SAS Scandinavian customer review

DUB-CPH-ORD. The 1st leg was on the old but very serviceable MD-82 with good flight attendants who smiled a lot. In CPH I was surprisingly upgraded to Premium Economy which really made my transatlantic flight a superb experience. Excellent food plentiful drinks (alcoholic too) and again smiling staff complemented the 9 hour trip. Water was offered regularly and it is nice how staff interacted with passengers and amongst themselves.

SAS Scandinavian customer review

There were 5 of us traveling Los Angeles - Newark - Copenhagen. The flight on SAS from Newark to Copenhagen cancelled but we were not notified. We were rescheduled on Swiss Air from Newark through Zurich to Copenhagen. When we asked about our checked bags in Newark SAS didn't have a clue where they were. We ultimately found all of our bags sitting in lost and found in Newark. I would think SAS would have a system set to make sure that checked bags are also re-routed along with the passenger. On our return from Copenhagen on SAS the crew kept the cabin lighting on full bright the entire trip. It made it difficult to view the video screen and with many families with children I felt if the lighting were turned lower it would have been a more calming atmosphere because there truly was no rest on that trip. In the future I would probably try to find another airline rather than fly SAS.

(Iceland)

KEF-CPH-SHA PEK-CPH-KEF). I must say that it was again a solid experience. There is no luxury but it is a decent long-haul flight. Service and food is good. The price is excellent when you consider you are flying from Keflavik Iceland.

(Denmark)

CPH-LHR August 2012. Internet check-in 22 hours before flying. SAS has a habit of blocking off a number of seats so the choice can be somewhat limited during internet check-in. I noted a number of unused seats on the plane in rows ahead of us which had not been available. After a 45 minute Bus and Metro journey we arrived at Copenhagen T3. A fairly new terminal used almost exclusively by SAS. We were obliged to register and print out our baggage labels from one of the kiosks before we dropped off our bags in less than two minutes (having noticed that although the L/H side of the terminal had horrendous queues the R/H side had only one or two passengers – SAS really should have staff to direct passengers with bags). Security was reasonably quiet. The A-321 was l full clean and bright and we were offered a free cup of tea or coffee everything else was paid for. Arrived before time at terminal 3 Heathrow border control was fully manned and our luggage came through 5 minutes after. All in all not bad; if you keep your wits about you.

SAS Scandinavian customer review

I recently flew Oslo to Amsterdam and I was quite pleased. Customer service at Oslo was excellent. I flew on an oldish 737-400 and had economy seats. Seats were surprisingly spacious and comfortable. The inflight service was decent but the thing that bothered me was that the food wasn't free and the prices were quite expensive. Flight was pretty good no delays and I got to Amsterdam safely.

SAS Scandinavian customer review

Outbound MAN-OSL-TOS. Return TOS-OSL-CPH-MAN. 6/812 - 14/8/12. Economy class. Very happy with the whole experience. Planes clean and punctual. Staff pleasant and attentive. MD82 on the OSL-CPH route was a bit of a journey back in time but OK. Would use them again if travelling to Scandinavia.

(Sweden)

ZRH-ARN SK1606 Economy Extra Seat 6F Boeing 737-600 August 15th 2012. Flight on-time (as always). Excellent staff and good personal service. The service starts with drinks before the meal. Service is well planned. Staff very alert to your needs if you want more bread more to drink etc. Parking at stand both at ZRH and ARN (ie. no remote stand). Seat comfort was ok on this flight but mostly thanks to the seat next to me not being occupied. No in-flight entertainment system and no Internet. In-flight magazine ok but could be made better and more comprehensive since no other in-flight entertainment is provided. Food (only cold) was ok. Good selection of soft drinks wine and spirits for free. Cabin and aircraft generally feels slightly old and worn down.

SAS Scandinavian customer review

Booked 2 return Sydney-Copenhagen Business seats. We travelled with partner airline Thai Airways to Bangkok first. Good flight! On landing in Bangkok were met and told the seat allocated to us on SAS would not recline and there were no other seats available. As we had a connecting flight and a hotel booked one of us had to except this broken seat completely upright rather than the sky bed. Once airborne none of the audio equipment functioned in either mine or my husbands seat. Hence we sat for over 11 hours in this state. Our flight attendant was extremely apologetic and I was to understand the seat was broken prior to leaving Copenhagen which would have given ample time to find another business seat for paying passengers. Surprisingly the purser didn't even do us the courtesy an apology. We tried to discuss the matter with SAS office in Sweden on arrival to no avail. We have our return flight this Thursday back to Australia. Will keep you updated as to this trip.