Salam Air

"Good value for money"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Kuwait via Muscat. I had 2 flights with Salam Air. First leg from Dubai to Muscat was amazing. It was on an A320N aircraft, new seats, friendly crew and very clean aircraft. Probably one of the best lowcosters, or so I thought. Had a 4 hour connection in Muscat, the new airport is stunning, as good as Hamad Airport in Doha. Time flew by very fast in the free lounges in the airport. But my second flight was a whole lot different. The plane was very old, 22 years (A320-200), seats were worn out, plane smelled and during the flight, the inner cover of the window fell out. I called the purser and the following was our conversation: Me: "Hello, your Window fell out" Purser: "My brother, don't worry. Plane Good Quality. Fly 20 years never crash". Noted. But, the cabin crew was still rather friendly. Overall, for the price I would recommend it. My flight from DXB to KWI via MCT with a bad was 309AED. Good value for money.
RouteDubai to Kuwait via Muscat
Date FlownJune 2019

"as expected for a budget airline"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | Muscat to Tbilisi. Salam Air is a fairly new budget airline operating out of Muscat, Oman. Check-in in MCT was extremely slow. With only some 10 people in front of me, I needed more than one hour to get my boarding pass. At the gate at the time of boarding, a 30-min delay was announced which – half an hour later – was extended by a further 30 min. This went on in increments until we finally left at 3 am (instead of the scheduled 11 pm). Since there were hardly 30 pax on the A320, everybody had a full row for a short sleep at last. Return was spot on time. Check-in in Tbilissi swift. Plane now packed to the last seat. These are reasonably comfortable but tight, as is to be expected for a budget airline. There is no IFE and no free food. Water was distributed though.
RouteMuscat to Tbilisi