Ryanair

Customer rating from 1903 reviews

Ryanair customer review

We just had a flight from Rome to Madrid a few days ago and needed to do my online check in. Me and my mother did the check in through the website and through the iPhone app and waited for the confirmation email the night before the flight. We never got it. Being tourists we don't know where to go or complaint and get the issue resolved so we head to Ciampino airport to be informed that without the printed boarding pass we have to pay 70 EUR for the boarding pass. If I didn't get the email even 8 hours after checking in online what am I to print if I never received anything. No customer service at Ciampino no Ryanair employees on site.

Ryanair customer review

Recently I travelled to Barcelona with British Airways. Have used Ryanair on a number of occasions so I was interested to compare the two. Can't wait to get back to Ryanair. On British Airways the food was rubbish the seat were uncomfortable and cramped and the staff were uninterested in no one but the first class passengers. At least I know when I fly with Ryanair the plane will be new and clean and the seats are comfortable. The food is acceptable and worth the money. They are nearly always on time. Flying with Ryanair is not a problem so long as you stick to the rules. Read everything on the booking form. The last two return flights to Spain cost me £89 including one piece of hold luggage.

Ryanair customer review

FR 3232 departed from Manchester to Malaga on 13 October and I returned to Manchester on 17 October on flight FR 3209. This airline is dreadful passengers are packed in like sardines due to a shocking seat pitch cabin crew trying to sell you something from start to finish. Food and drinks well overpriced. First time flew with them but never again. Absolute rubbish.

Ryanair customer review

I have never been spoken to so rudely or treated with such contempt. I understood I should check in online but as I had problems printing this I was lead to understand that all details would be held by Ryanair and this would be fine. The staff were rude and unhelpful. When I requested assistance printing in the airport I was sent to customer services only to find that they did not open until 06.00 my flight was at 05.55. My partner and myself both have eye problems and when I again requested some assistance I was very curtly told "just put your glasses on". We struggled to use the PC only to discover that the printer was in fact out of order. I was left with no option but to pay £140 for two boarding passes to be printed at the touch of a button. We eventually got ourselves and a single case weighing 20.03kg on our way to Corfu. I was therefore totally amazed when the same case minus two pair of shoes that were thrown away and toiletries that were used weighed 22.50kg. I would have assumed this wasn't possible but at Ryanair anything can happen.

Ryanair customer review

We travelled as a party my child who is only 10 and had never flown before couldn't sit with me or her dad as there was no seats my nephew wasn't with his mother either - I could'nt believe how we were all separated from each other and a child sitting without a parent. I was annoyed that there was so many seats at the front of the plane where we could have sat together but had rope around them. The crew were rude and not helpful.
Value For Money N/A

Ryanair customer review

We are Scots but live in Oz. We booked online from Edinburgh and received our tickets by email. Ryanair know that tourists do not carry printers with them. On arriving at check-in we were told that we should have a printed ticket. Naturally being travelers we didn't have a printed ticket. We were told it would cost 20 pounds extra each to get a printed ticket. The flight from Edinburgh to Barcelona was amazing with drunken young females swearing badly. I think the Rynair flight from Turnhouse to Girona (about 70 km from Barcelona) was probably the biggest con we have ever had in 20 years of travelling around the world. I can't really remember but I think the original price on the internet was something like 47 pounds each. They added on a percentage because we booked with a credit card. They naturally added extra for baggage. We knew about this charge but of course Rynair have already worked out that international travellers are allowed 25 kilos but they only allow 15 kilos before excess baggage charges kick in. We were so upset about our treatment from Ryanair and the check-in experience that there is no way we would use that company again.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Ryanair customer review

We flew from Manchester to Barcelona on 19th October and returned on 26th. The plane was punctual clean and functional and you get what you pay for. I would advise anyone to pack some sandwiches for each journey and to buy a drink once you have checked in. Boots at Manchester is cheapest for water. The food and drink on the planes are exorbitantly priced. There is no inflight entertainment so take a book. I must say that the leg room in a standard seat was far better than in Thomson plane which we travelled on to Jamaica long-haul! No problems at all.

Ryanair customer review

Flew from Stansted to Lanzarote with my partner. The outward journey was fine. It was the return where the problems started. I had to pay £50 each way for my guitar to come away with me. On my outward journey they let me take the guitar on the Plane with no problems. On the return journey at the check in desk the staff asked if I wanted to put the guitar in the hold. I said no as its a valuable instrument. So they let me take it through. They did not inform me that I couldn't take it on the plane. As I was about to board a staff member told me that I couldn't take it on the plane and that it would have to go in the hold. Wasn't happy about that but there was no other option. She then charged me 60 Euro's for this even though I had already paid 50 to bring the guitar and the instrument was listed on my boarding pass. They didn't tell me at check in that it had to go in the hold and that I couldn't take it on the plane. So they either purposely tried to rip me off or the girl at the check in desk didn't know what she was on about therefore I had to pay for her mistake.

Ryanair customer review

My wife and I flew to Fuerteventura with Ryanair 2 weeks ago. We will never travel with them again. We had to pay £140 to have 2 sheets of paper printed by the rudest person you could meet. Coming home we paid £14 for a Gin and Tonic and a hot chocolate drink! We had the most uncomfortable journey back to Stansted. We were unable to land at Stansted due to severe storms and were diverted to Birmingham. We sat on the plane at Birmingham for 2 hours while the Captain decided whether or not to fly back to Stansted. In the end he said we all had to leave the plane and coaches would be laid on to take us to Stansted. He had no idea when the coaches would arrive but said it would be hours not minutes. The crew as we got off were all laughing telling us to enjoy our coach ride. The crews need an awful lot of training. We had to get a taxi home in the end.

(Spain)

Valencia to Seville and back last weekend the flights were completely full which caused a bit of chaos as there was not enough room for all of the luggage and the crew had to place some in the hold. This they did with smiles and explanations on both routes. The flights were on time. Our bags were checked for size but not for weight on the way out and neither for size nor weight on the way back. All in all a perfectly satisfactory trip at less tan half of the price of the return train fare.