Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

Flew to Alicante last week. Paid the fee for our measly 15kg bag allowance. Checked in online arrived at Edinburgh to depart to find a massive slow moving queue. My 2 year old was getting tired and cranky. Then was told because my bag was 15.5kg and my wife's was 16kg we would be charged £100 for being over weight if we couldn't re-pack. The ignorant woman at check in couldn't care less about our upset child. We managed to get our luggage re-packed and I was told by another member of staff that my bag would be fine at 15.5kg. When getting onto the plane to get or free for all seat rush. My wife asks for assistance to find at least two seats together but the stewardess snootily told her to keep moving up the plane and find a seat. Luckily somebody moved so that she could sit with our child. Then you have to spend the rest of the flight listening to bored and rude cabin crew trying to sell things. Not the greatest start to our 1st family holiday. Have flown with Ryanair before to stags with friends with only hand luggage but will never use them again for a family holiday. They just don't care about their customers or the quality of your journey.

Ryanair customer review

We flew up to Scotland with Ryanair and waited for ages to be checked in. The extra cost of printing a boarding pass and check in online was being handed out to a large group of passengers. Why does it cost so much to print a boarding pass and check in at the airport. The staff were rude and unhelpful to the point that I just wanted to get my money back for the flight and go home but - no refunds! If I were to treat people in my business like this I would have no customers. Terrible experience never again!

Ryanair customer review

Travelled as a family of 5 3 children 117 and 2. Was dreading flights due to reading reviews - I've got to say if you stick to the guidelines and they do remind you with an e-mail reminding you of cabin bag size weight allowance and to print out boarding passes you can't go wrong. I saw myself the size of the bags people were trying to take on was never hand luggage. I paid to put my luggage in the hold but people were trying it on at the gate to get away with it and Ryanair don't move at all on the rules. I also paid for priority boarding as they only sell this to half of the seats on the plane you are almost guaranteed to sit together peace of mind your boarding 1st to save the bun fight when you get to the gate. Overall I would use them again. Stick within the rules and its not all that bad!

Ryanair customer review

Flew first time with Ryanair it was my son's wedding in Poland and crucial we all arrived on time. Excellent service from start to finish. Panic set in when we arrived at security and we had no bar-codes on boarding cards so couldn't be scanned but problem soon sorted by sending us through check in. Cabin crew helpful finding seats and storing bags that wouldn't fit in nearby lockers. Read the rules follow instructions and you won't have any trouble. No excuses as they make the conditions perfectly clear. Shall certainly be travelling with them again.

Ryanair customer review

July 2012 Bristol to Tenerife. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children 10 and 14). We knew that seats weren't allocated but as long as one of our kids was sat with us each we didn't mind. Check in was quick and easy at Bristol as was boarding. Boarding Passes - it clearly states that you have to print them off prior to travelling and you have 14 days to print off your returns if you read the terms and conditions this is quite clear. Yes food and drink is a little expensive but I have never know an airline yet who sell cheap food and drink if you don't like it then buy it in departures prior to boarding. We experience some bad turbulence when landing which meant we had to take off again and land in the North of the Island. After sitting on the tarmac for 30 minutes we were told that buses were waiting for us at the front of the terminal to take us down to Tenerife South other than a little bit of confusion with the staff at the airport this went quite smoothly. People were moaning and complaining about Ryanair and standing in the aisle of the plane when we had all been asked to remain seated until further instructions were given but all I can say is I was happy to land safely rather than Ryanair attempting to land in such bad conditions and put everyone at risk! Staff were friendly enough the return flight was good and they got us back slightly earlier than planned. The plane did not seem anymore uncomfortable than others we have travelled on and it was clean. Lastly if you have young children I recommend you pay for priority boarding or make every effort to get to the front of the queue before boarding if you all want to sit together.

(Spain)

Ryanair is good for its destinations the small airports closer to where you want to go. In the bigger airports their slots are obviously the cheapest and therefore the most inconvenient for passengers. The flights are cramped and the boarding process is very slow. Staff are often pleasant. The flights are not necessarily the cheapest; in domestic Spanish flights for instance by the time you have added a reserved seat and luggage in the hold you can travel cheaper and more comfortably with Iberia or Air Europa. Flights from Spain however to Baden Airpark or Ancona for instance are convenient because they are not routed through hubs with long conveyor belt waiting-times and one can often find an airport close to one's destination.

Ryanair customer review

Bristol - Malaga. Return flight was booked for family of 4 with 2 bags checked in (already charged £100 for privilege of taking 2 hold bags). For the return my wife had to leave a few days early due to unforeseen circumstances so she departed on a different flight from Seville. At Malaga airport tried to check in with the 2 kids and 2 bags - only to be told had to pay an extra 100 Euros on the spot to 'transfer' one of the bags from my wife to one of the children. Otherwise would not be able to take it. Means I paid approx £130 for the one suitcase plus £50 for the other. Absolute rip off; and the flights were not exactly cheap even before the add-ons. Will never be flying Ryanair again.

Ryanair customer review

I have flown with Ryanair many times and have just returned from Lanzarote flying out of East Midlands I cannot fault the service whatsoever. What I have noticed the same problems occur time and time again. People don't read the rules you don't get something for nothing you know that with Ryanair - accept it. Why do people with children think they have the right to complain when they saunter on to the plane at the last minute and wonder why the are unable to sit together. People get to the check and have to start unpacking cases because they cant be bothered to weigh there luggage. Ryanair is the cheapest not the best I accept that but most of the problems I have seen are caused by the passengers themselves.

Ryanair customer review

Definitely not for flying with small children. I flew to Poland with my nearly 3 months old daughter and got no help from staff whatsoever. I paid for seat for my little girl however was expected to keep her on my lap as she wasn't allowed to have her own. It would be great if I could just lay her down surely we would both be more comfortable. Also women with kids or pregnant get no priority at the boarding gates staff are rude and treated us as a load not a human beings talking down to us. At the end of the day we are paying customers so show us some respect! Will not fly with them again.

Ryanair customer review

My first Ryanair flight was Manchester to Memmingham. What really annoyed me was that my wife and I seemed to be the only people to follow the cabin baggage rules! Everyone else had huge rucksacks that were no way acceptable - and nobody checked at either end! As for families with children and push chairs (have you seen the size of them nowadays) I would ban them from cabins at any price. One saving grace however was that seat backs are fixed in the upright position. Will I travel again with them. Probably yes as it is cheaper than Swissair to Zurich.