Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

I'm a first time user of Ryanair. I don't mind that the plane is crowded or amenities are non-existent. I expected that at the price but I have a big gripe with their fees. I didn't know that boarding passes could not be printed at the airport. It was pointed out to me by the staff that the fine print does say I needed to print my pass. Also I was sent a warning email which I didn't see since I was in the middle of my vacation. Then I find the "fee" is 70 euros each for my wife and I. This isn't a fee this is a punishment. I sent a complaint letter to Ryanair and the response was that this charge was correct according to their policy. Well it isn't a very satisfactory policy. I could have flown a normal airline for the total amount I paid Ryanair.

Ryanair customer review

I fly all over the world and even use low cost regional airlines in the states but this takes the cake. Checked in online but couldn't print boarding pass. No notes online that there are huge fees to print at airport. There was no clear check in sign in Edinburgh but thankfully also no queue and 3 staff standing around chatting. When they finally decided to talk to us and tell us of the 20 pound check in fee they said they couldn't help us and we had to use the check in machine well across the way. The check in unit wouldn't process us and told us to see agent. The agent couldn't take our money and sent us all the way round to baggage to pay for boarding passes but then we had to take receipt back to first woman to get actual boarding card and drop prepaid bag! Our hand luggage was grabbed at the gate and we were made to pay £50 even though it was within weight. Flight was delayed an hour originally but left 2 hours late to Dublin. Flight should have been an hour but with delays took over 3 hours. Stay away from this airline!

Ryanair customer review

Like many I was reading bad reviews before my trip so was expecting bad things but my experience from Luton to Beziers on 27th Sep was faultless for a budget flight on time departure and return pleasant staff smooth flight and no fussing over hand luggage size both ways. What do people expect if you want more fly with more expensive airlines and expect delays.

Ryanair customer review

Very short flight from Barcelona to Palma (FR 6362) yet the crew managed to do their inflight service and the usual thing of hawking a few scratch cards. What was more amazing is that the crew were in a good mood seemed happy enough to be there and actually seemed to like each other - they even had the pax laughing! After numerous FR flights with miserable looking crews this was a pleasant surprise. Maybe the new positively is filtering down to the cabin crew? Only downside is the trumpet sound or whatever it was when landing but great all round otherwise.

Ryanair customer review

I am extremely dissatisfied with the service I received on the evening of 26th Sep in Wroclaw airport related to a Ryanair flight. I paid extra for priority boarding both to and from Wroclaw. We departed from Cork last Sunday night and all was fine apart from minor delays at the final door prior to leaving the airport to make our way to the plane. On the other hand the service that we received in Wroclaw was an absolute disgrace. Both myself and my friend were the third and fourth in the queue went through the first check in gates to go down to the foyer leading to the Tarmac and plane. The other q passengers then went through their check in procedure. We all were massed in this small foyer for approx 20 mins and then they decided to open the gates and push approx 6 different families with buggies on top of us. Needless to say it was absolute bedlam by the time the doors were finally opened. There was an elderly Polish lady who had also paid for priority boarding who was pushed out of the way with the stampede to get to the plane. They really need to look at your procedures around check in and boarding as I have never experienced anything like this before. I would suggest that people with buggies should be checked in first and that these then should be placed in the foyer. The next passengers to be checked in should be priority passengers as after all they have paid for the privilege of this service! Finally the passengers who are in the alternative queue should then be checked in. The door should be manned to ensure that priority passengers are treated fairly.

Ryanair customer review

When travelling from Palma to Stansted I had a broken foot and was on crutches. Myself and an elderly lady with hip problems had booked assistance which didn't materialise. Last on the plane we were told that a) the booking hadn't been made (even though we produced our booking papers) and b) there were no wheelchairs available and we had to make it to the terminal under our own steam. As the next set of passengers were queuing at the foot of the steps we felt compelled to get off. No staff took responsibility for us once we were on the tarmac. Luckily a Stansted Airport employee was passing by the window and saw me struggling down the steps on crutches and rushed to our aid. She was horrified that we had been abandoned and quickly obtained wheelchairs for us both. Herself and a colleague took us all the way to the outside. No credit at all to Ryanair who's main objective was to get us off the plane so that the next flight could get under way.

Ryanair customer review

I have always praised Ryanair as good value when considering the cost however they really let themselves down on 29th Sept. Arrived at Stansted near midnight and could not even see terminal from where plane stopped. Then had to wait nearly 30 mins as staff had not thought to arrange transport even the pilot was fed up with their lack of organisational skills. Sorry Ryanair very disappointed.

Ryanair customer review

Actual flight both ways was good but the handling at Stansted and Rhodes wasn't. We felt like cattle not customers. Stansted we were held up getting to airport we had priority booking but had to wait with everyone else as priority queue had gone therefore one of the cabin bags had to go in the hold. At Rhodes we were first to check-in and they took the first 90 cabin bags in the hold. Surely it should be the last? There seems no reason now to take cabin bags at all! The benefit apart from the cost is that you can exit the airport much quicker at your destination. Waiting for cabin bags takes as long as waiting for large luggage. The overhead luggage compartments were half empty. It just seems like another Ryanair useless rule.

Ryanair customer review

Flew Ryanair many times however most common route I fly is KIR-LTN. Most recent flight SNN-SXF. Ryanair is a very good airline in my opinion. Despite flying to airports that only the CIA has heard of and advertising the airport for the capital city of Slovenia (it's Bratislava) as Vienna it's very handy. I use it often and I have never had a problem with Ryanair. Even with hidden fees tickets for me seem cheaper than Aer Lingus. The aircraft are clean but still somewhat dark and gloomy and the seats are uncomfortable horrible on a late-night flights or dawn when you try and catch some sleep however still possible. The snacks and drinks on board are still a reasonable price and the crew are friendly. The toilets are excellent being bright and clean. Ryanair gets the job done.

Ryanair customer review

Flight number FR694 on the 6th of September from Prestwick UK to Ibiza Spain. The majority of passengers onboard this drink fuelled flight were unruly drunken and aggressive towards other passengers despite the best efforts of the 4 onboard cabin crew. Language throughout was absolutely foul. As a grandmother travelling with 2 young infants under the age of four the condition experienced in the cabin were shocking. Passengers were swearing were drinking open duty free were throwing objects from in front and behind us. Safety announcements could not be heard as passengers were playing music from bluetooth devices and the cabin was totally out of control. Cabin crew were very concerned however despite the best efforts to contain behaviour there was no way they could control the passengers. The crew threatened to divert the aircraft to France and also threatened the majority of passengers with the police meeting them on arrival at the destination. The main point is that safety notices were completely ignored myself and my family felt totally unsafe during the flight. My grand-daughters aged two and three have never been exposed to such outrageous language and behaviour - the conditions on this flight were not safe and were not suitable for a family. Access to toilets involved standing for 40 minutes in crowds of alcohol fuelled louts. Many of the passengers boarded the flight inebriated one group drank a litre bottle of duty free vodka onboard the flight whilst throwing coins around the cabin. We are feeling extremely anxious about our return journey.