Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

My flight from Dublin to Milan went well. It was the return flight from Rome to Dublin when the nightmare began. The flight was due at 9.00 pm it did not arrive we given no explanation for this. At midnight we were bussed to another airport escorted by Italian police. Then bussed back to the first airport. Finally we flew out at 6pm the next day. I will never fly Ryanair again I will pay the extra money to another airline for a better service.

Ryanair customer review

Flight 20/9/13 Malaga - Bristol. Fined 70 euro per person (2 people) for not having printed boarding passes - had email/internet problems and unable to do so in Spain - the printing of passes and taking of fines at check-in took less than 5 minutes which seems excessive and very unfair profiteering. Boarding gate opened about 17.30 - queue enormous as first come first served seating (unless you want to pay an extra £20 to reserve seat). Started boarding just after 6 - still boarding until about 7 - nightmare experience like herding animals. Held up by Spanish boarding staff team as told not allowed duty free bag as only one bag per customer in cabin - option pay extra 60 euro or put in cabin holdall - which we did but very stressful and which then made cabin bag too big. In the meantime large numbers of passengers passed us making us some of the last to enter plane - chaos on board with luggage and seating. BTW - 3 girls passed in front whilst we had duty free bag issue - they were carrying large shoulder handbags and wheeled cabin suitcases but not challenged at all by boarding team staff. Flight left over half hour late which appeared to be related to boarding chaos. Never flying Ryanair again!

Ryanair customer review

MRS-LTN. The low-cost terminal Ryanair uses in Marseille is absolutely the most depressing building I've ever been in it's reason enough not to fly. Flight was late arriving and departing seat comfort and service obviously nil and a 1 hour wait at the passport control desks at Stansted.

Ryanair customer review

I am a woman aged 77 years and I use Ryanair approx 6 times a year to visit my family as I live in France and Ryanair fly to East Midlands. To me it is like using a bus. I follow the instructions on the emails sent to me by Ryanair before my flight and I have never had any problems. The staff have always been courteous and I have noticed helpful when needed. Re people having problems at the airport these are caused by the staff employed by the airport not Ryanair. My only beef is that on one of my flights we had two male flight attendants who were so helpful to an elderly lady who had had a fall in the airport. They could not have been kinder to her and her family.

Ryanair customer review

The service is abrupt and very unfriendly. People are treated like second class citizens. Our trip to Treviso was appalling. At one point it was a free for all. No better than a cattle Market. The airline is a disgrace to travel.

Ryanair customer review

Like a conveyor belt there is no hospitality from staff. Herded on like cattle as plane was late getting in from previous flight. What really got me was the fact we had paid to have 2 (15kg) cases in the hold but had to have our hand luggage (Sports bag type - a mere 5-6 kilos) crammed under our legs as there was quote 'no room' in the overhead lockers because it is crammed with 10kg luggage cases. So basically we pay and get our legs cramped for over 2 hours and those who don't have priority baggage space and leg space! Must remember that next time if there is a next time. I don't think we got acknowledged from staff at all apart from if we wanted to purchase anything.

Ryanair customer review

I have flown Ryanair many times but only when there is no other viable option. Other airlines go to my destination but not in the short time nor low 'fare' cost this does not mean I dread each and every trip. Fingers crossed my next trip will just get there and that's all I want. Staff are rude and disinterested I worry if they would cope in an urgent situation. I am not satisfied with Ryanair it's just a matter of limited options. Overpriced cardboard sandwiches and so to the lukewarm drinks but again I know this and don't buy them.

Ryanair customer review

Travelled for the first time from Stansted to Kos return. Was dubious because of reading poor reviews but we booked extra legroom seats and measured and weighed luggage before we travelled and everything was very smooth. Plane was very clean cabin crew very good and cheerful. Also Ryanair emailed us prior to flight to make sure we were aware of restrictions on baggage etc and also reminding us to print boarding pass. All in all a good experience.

Ryanair customer review

Having travelled very recently with Ryanair from Stansted to Dublin I have to say I would avoid travelling with them again. We had checked in online and reserved seats but one of our party had a non-EU passport so as directed on the boarding pass he went to show his passport at the check in desk only to be told that he couldn't fly to Ireland as he didn't have a visa. Would it not be sensible for a warning to come up to notify passengers of this requirement when booking the ticket instead of someone arriving at the airport and being refused boarding! It was the attitude of the girl on the check in desk that was incredulous she was unsympathetic and very rude. Customer care/service obviously not part of her training.

Ryanair customer review

Flew Ryanair for the first time in July. Were not aware that reserving a seat gave you priority boarding! Had 3 seats in back row had to board from the front! No room for hand luggage by the time we sat down luckily staff helped out. Seats had little leg room flight to Crete left an hour late! On return got seats with more leg room bliss. Only real nightmare is reserving seats online outside UK. That said fight was cheaper than other airlines and was a new route to the west of the island we were very pleased.