Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

East Midlands to Tenerife 6th April FR3152. Returned 11th April FR3153. It's great to see that they are finally trying to improve customer service and it was definitely better on the way out. Having allocated seating now is much better although it was not clear when I booked that seats are allocated free at online check in so I unnecessarily paid £40 to do this in advance. Also what on earth is going on with the 'only the first 90 bags' can stay in the cabin idea? Great that you can now take a small bag (handbag laptop bag etc) and put it under your seat. However only the first 90 passengers are allowed to take a correctly sized and weighted wheeled case on board. At Tenerife they decided that everyone had to do this before they got on the plane and it was chaos with people trying to work out what they needed to take out. Strange also that they only pick on wheeled cases even small ones. My partner had a rucksack the contents of which were about the same weight as mine yet my bag was tagged for the hold. By the time I'd taken out all the valuables - camera iPad Kindle etc there was very little left in it. Also there was plenty of empty space on the overhead compartments once we got onboard. All completely pointless. I do think they are trying but they really don't think these things all the way through! All that is going to happen is that people's 2nd bags are gradually going to get larger and larger and there will be the same old rows at check in and the gate as there have always been! Other than that it's pretty good value for money I guess although I agree with other comments about flights times. Lots of them get into Stansted too late for the last trains which prevents me booking with them. Oh and the seats not reclining and no pocket for belongings continues to be tedious. Especially on longer flights. Still punctuality is very good and it is cheap I guess!

Ryanair customer review

3rd April FR8022 STN-MJV. We have flown Ryanair at least 20 times a year for 5 years and only had one very small complaint about a check in incident. No complaints from us and no I'm not easily pleased. In life you get what you pay for and I am happy to spend my money with them.

Ryanair customer review

Used Ryanair for the first time not by choice but as part off an all inclusive package to Tenerife. Apart from some confusion with boarding gate allocation in Tenerife South airport I have no issues about the airline. This is despite my reservations after hearing horror stories about the airline. As I have no other Ryanair flight experiences to compare this one with I have to say that I was completely satisfied on this occasion. Will I use them again? No reason not to. The staff were quite pleasant. They all seemed to be Eastern European and this was not a problem.

Ryanair customer review

We have flown backwards and forwards to Crete with Ryanair several times over the past few years. We have never had any problems. Cabin crew have been friendly and pleasant on all of our flights. We know the rules and stick to them. The only niggle is the price of hold luggage so we try to travel with hand luggage at all times. Our last two flights both arrived 30 mins early and we have never had a delay past 15 mins. After travelling with BA to New Zealand last year I would choose Ryanair anytime! Now they have altered their web site and allowed an extra bag in the cabin they are a delight to travel with.

Ryanair customer review

Used Ryanair a total of 17 times. I know the rules and I am totally 100% happy with the service. Cheap flights allocated seating and now (thank goodness) I can take on a hand bag as well as my 10k case. I really don't understand why anyone complains. Most recent flight was on 5th April. Oh and only ever had one late flight out of 17 - not bad!

Ryanair customer review

After a severe accident in Spain which resulted in both arms broken I was taken to Malaga Airport to fly home to Manchester on flight ZB660 on Saturday 1st Feb. I was treated appallingly by the staff and cabin crew of this flight. I was left in my wheelchair at the boarding gate whilst all the other passengers boarded the plane and when my daughter and I finally entered at the front of the plane we were pleased to see the front 4 rows empty only to be told we couldn't sit there as our seats were on the back row. We explained I couldn't walk down the aisle with both arms at right angles but were rudely told "Well walk sideways!". My daughter stood to put my seat belt on me and again came the command "sit down" just as the plane began to move! Throughout the flight not one cabin crew came to offer help a drink or enquire after my well-being. No help was offered to my daughter who was trying to help me juggle hand luggage etc.

Ryanair customer review

We're sitting ready for take off to Carcassone and not only were we caught on the 7 day rule so had to pay for seats boarding staff tried to make us put correctly sized cabin bags in the hold. We were among the first 30 to board. When we asked why we were told last 50 passengers today have to do this because there wouldn't be enough space for everyone's. In a flight of 200+ passengers this would not apply to the first 150 we pointed out. We refused. The scams never end do they?

Ryanair customer review

I have flown with Ryanair many times over the past 5 years and require full airport assistance as I am an amputee. I cannot praise Ryanair highly enough. I have never had any problems at all and the staff are wonderful. The Special Assistance team always go that wee extra bit to help. I wish they flew to Newark NJ. and Florida as they could show Continental Virgin etc. a thing or two.

Ryanair customer review

We have never flown with Ryanair before so were concerned after reading reviews. Our experience was very good. I could not fault them. We flew from East Midlands to Lanzarote April 2014. The flight was on time the staff friendly and helpful. Seats are now allocated before flying which must save hassle. No problems with luggage. I have flown with BA and Virgin and it cannot compete with them but I would place it top of the many budget airlines I have flown with. I don't usually leave reviews but feel that it is perhaps only those that have problems that do so thought I would like to balance the scales a little.

Ryanair customer review

Just went to print my boarding pass. Got caught with the new 7 day rule. I had to buy seats for return as I know I will not be able to get to a printer while away. I hope that when they go to the better Aer Lingus system of either printing at airport or on phone app things should improve.