Ryanair

Ryanair customer review

Although personally I prefer Easyjet and think the service is better everybody on here moaning about various issues / things to do with Ryanair need to realise they're booking a flight on a budget airline which can be priced at 20% of the cost of flying with a national carrier such as BA or KLM or other tour operator airlines such as Monarch Thomas Cook or TUI only if booked at the right time. People moaning about not being able to print boarding passes or check in for more than a week in advance should book reserved seating on the aircraft this allows you to check in and print boarding passes for the following 30 days! Ryanair makes it's profits from various add ons - i.e baggage seat allocation expensive food/drinks. Once all this is added the difference in cost with booking with another airline is still substantial. I am flying to Gran Canaria next week for which I have paid £106.48 return including the added seat allocation reservation. I checked in for both flights on the 17th April. I shall be taking a sandwich onto the flight which will saved me paying £6 for a tasteless one from Ryanair I'll even take a soft drink on board. When booking my flight I had the option to fly Thomas Cook Norwegian Air or Jet2 on the days I wanted to travel - however all 3 were over £300! I could of flown BA via Madrid for££233 alternatively but that would of meant changing aircraft and flying the second part of my journey using Iberia from Madrid hence taking nearly 7 hours.

(Spain)

Now retired my job took me all over the world I am an ex constant-flyer. I have been using Ryanair flights from Reus on average 5 times a year for 10 years. Providing that you read the booking site carefully and conform there should be very few snags. I've encountered two delayed flights neither of which was down to Ryanair and one bottle of corked red wine. On the plus side is the consistently excellent value-for-money fares and rapid turn- around. Recent improvements are welcome cabin staff seem brighter - but best of all if you drop a clanger when booking it is now possible to correct it.

(Portugal)

East Midland to Faro 30th April. Amazed at the improvements. No scratch cards no continual announcements staff great and very smart. Transformed from my last flight. I used to avoid Ryanair and I fly 20 times a year. Pushing and shoving nasty staff and anything to get more money but yesterday was great and I will definitely use them a lot more.

Ryanair customer review

So very annoying that just when you thought Ryanair listened to their customers the welcome changes in website access and allocated seating are undone by not being able to print return boarding passes if your trip is longer than a week.

Ryanair customer review

On the way out from Manchester to Milan Bergamot. Got to the airport for the return flight at 11am after waiting 4 hours were finally told the flight had been cancelled. There was no apology and no staff to advise you what to do. I think this airline should concentrate more in customer service of which we had none. Finally returned to the UK the following day on Flybe a totally different experience. We will never use Ryanair again.

Ryanair customer review

On 15th Sept 2013 we four people from Australia after visiting beautiful Paris went to Paris Beauvais airport to catch 9:20 am flight (FR9632) to Rome. All were checked in online the night before in the Hotel we stayed. However boarding passes were not printed out as per instruction in the email from the airline. a mistake was made by us. At the check-in counter we were told EURO 70 per person would be charged if no boarding pass was presented. We could not believe it in the first instance but later were confirmed by his duty manager. We do not believe that EURO 70 for printing a boarding pass is justifiable by any standard. It is in fact more than the airfare itself and more than the fee for an extra luggage (EURO 60). While we accept the error we made the punishment was well beyond anyone's imagination hence it is not reasonable and not justifiable. We felt like being robbed on highway with no way to escape. And we still do. We must point out that the check-in gentleman was kind enough to show us a self-serving Internet kiosk/access point where printing was available. Unfortunately after tried on two computers with loss of a total of EURO 20 worth of coins and notes we went back to the counter and tried to request for printing at a fair and reasonable cost. The second complaint is about the way in which the duty manager a lady handled our request for help. She was arrogant in our view. Having heard of our explanation she showed no sympathy but said it was the company policy and we either pay or do not fly today. The fact that we could not print out the passes at the computer kiosk did not bother her at all because it was someone else's equipment hence nothing to do with her.

Ryanair customer review

FR697 from Palma to Prestwick on 16th April 2014. We were not able to check-in online for our return flight to the UK within the 12 days to 2 hours before takeoff window. The website would not accept our booking reference. We assumed we would be able to just print our boarding passes at check-in like any other normal airline. Instead we were told that it didn't matter that we experienced issues online. Ryanair policy states that we now had to pay £70 per head flying regardless of our circumstances otherwise we would be left in Mallorca. This amounted to £210 for my wife daughter and I. The saga did not end there the lady at the Ryanair desk decided it was a good idea to sit a family travelling with a 3 year old completely separately. My daughter - 16F my wife - 17C and me in 16C. We were flying on one of their Boeing 737-800 aircraft and that rows 16 and 17 are exit rows. The cabin was a mess and on both the outbound and inbound legs it was explained to us that there would be limited catering due to insufficient supplies. At least the flight was on schedule. At what cost though?

Ryanair customer review

We recently flew to Gerona from Manchester with Ryanair. There were 6 of us travelling. After all the bad press about Ryanair really cannot understand what people are complaining about. We had the easiest and fastest check in any of us have experienced. The staff were all very helpful. Then leaving Gerona back to Manchester was exactly the same. Would definitely use again and recommend to other people.

Ryanair customer review

Completely agree with D Finnie re: stupid rule of not being able to print boarding cards until 7 days before travel meaning you can't print your return flight boarding cards before leaving home if you are on holiday for 7 days or more. I had no access to internet whilst on holiday (which is the way most people want it as they are on holiday) so unable to print boarding cards and ended up having to pay 210 euros for 3 boarding cards at the airport. Completely ridiculous rule designed to make as much money out of us as possible. All other airlines allow you to print all boarding cards for your entire journey when you check-in online so can't understand why Ryanair don't. It should not be allowed. They lure you in with a cheap flight cost and charge you for everything else. I was really pleased when they announced they would have allocated seating on all flights which is much easier for those of us travelling with children so this should make it even easier to allocate a seat on return flight instead of making us customers with families having to pay at the airport for boarding cards. Ryanair did nothing about this even after I complained to them stating their rules as a legitimate reason and not accepting that the rule is wrong and needs to be changed.

Ryanair customer review

Travel with Ryanair for 5 holidays per year have had no complaints about their rules and reg's until now. In order to be certain that I have a boarding pass for the return flight I have to pre book seats on return flight. This is due to a reduction to 7 days of online check in time. Not everyone has access to a computer and printer when abroad! I hope that someone from Ryanair reads this and realises that customer satisfaction is better than possibly gaining a few extra euros.