Ryanair

"it was standard Ryanair service"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Catania return with friends (group of 4). Booked a cheap fare (80€) and traveled only with a backpack. Used the app and did not pay for any extras. Got seats 3C (first row aisle) and 33F (last row window). Both flights very full. We were given seats far apart but we did not mind. Outbound flight left on time, return flight used an air-bridge at departure airport - it's the 1st time I encountered this with this airline. This delayed the boarding process a lot, as people were only entering from the front and trying to swap seats in order to sit with their friends/partners/families and they were doing that with their hand luggage, causing a delay of departure of almost 50' (landing 20' late). Majority of the passengers had bought priority, so it's not really priority. Beyond this, it was standard Ryanair service.
RouteAthens to Catania
Date FlownJune 2019

"pleasure flying with you"

Not Verified | Bergerac to Stansted. I have been flying with Ryanair for the last 10 years every 3 weeks from Bergerac to Stansted to and from for work. And have only once had my flight cancelled but that was due to French strikes. And only had maybe 2 or 3 delays. Not bad going for 10 years of traveling. Thank you it was a pleasure flying with you.
RouteBergerac to Stansted
Date FlownJune 2019

"55 euros give boarding pass"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Prague. Ryanair charges 55 euros cash at the desk to give you your boarding pass if you do not check-in online! Our flight should depart at 1 pm but they departed at 2 pm!
RouteBarcelona to Prague
Date FlownJune 2019

"charged extra to check in"

Not Verified | Athens to Santorini. Worst experience ever. Was not able to check in prior to flying. Worst for luggage. Was charged extra to check in at the airport. They are money grabber. Fool you by cheap flight then you are charged extra . Couldn’t even download their app to check in. Don’t fly with Ryanair.
RouteAthens to Santorini
Date FlownJune 2019

"refused to allow me to board"

Trip Verified | Murcia to Luton. Had a minor disagreement with ground staff as I was boarding the plain. It was regarding my hand luggage. I was not threatening violence or aggressive in any way. Staff were rude also giggling amongst themselves. I had a disabled son I had left at home with Carers so it was even more important I got on this flight. I explained all this & even resulted in showing the staff pictures off my son. To my dismay they shut the doors and refused to allow me to board. I was left in utter dismay whilst the young immature worker continued to giggle like a 10 year old! Worst airline ever.
RouteMurcia to Luton
Date FlownJune 2019

"no consistency in the product"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Barcelona return. I didn't opt for allocated seating or priority and saved 40 euro. I waited until this last moment to check in and got a lovely extra leg room seat. I also brought my own food. Staff were nice and polite and everything went very smoothly on the outbound and return trip. There was not the same sales sales sales as there was on a previous flight to Malta and the staff dimmed the cabin lights so children could get some sleep. Overall not bad but there is no overall consistency in the product, it depends on the crew. This flight was good perhaps because of the other competition on the route by EI and Vueling but when I travelled to Malta (detailed previously- it was horrendous money grabbing experience on board where the blue lights on a night flight were only turned of as the plane hit the tarmac in Valetta and the staff sold drink to people who were way past their safety limit). I think Ryanair really need to work on culture and values and have a consistent approach to customer service.
RouteDublin to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2019

"not recommend this airline"

Not Verified | Stansted to Rhodes. Got to the airport and they charged me 40 for two cases because apparently I hadn't paid which i had the paper work to but they wasn't interested. By the time our cases were sorted and we got to the gate it had closed and the realised that check in desk hadn't gave us our boarding passes but we hadn't realised that because we were running against the clock to catch the flight. I would not recommend this airline.
RouteStansted to Rhodes
Date FlownJune 2019

"If possible avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Dublin. The reception staff member at Gatwick airport was extremely rude and unprofessional. Afterwards the gate display started very late, for a flight at 0940 it started displaying at 8.45 then 0855, 0900 finally 0920. The queues were so long and airline was understaffed at boarding. After boarding we were taken on a bus almost for 15 mins to the plane, at the time of writing this review tine is 1035 and no sign of take off. If possible avoid this airline.
RouteGatwick to Dublin

"A good experience"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Berlin Schönefeld. Downloaded the app and checked in with no problem. Did not pay priority and go seat number 3F (window) - sest next to me was empty despite an almost full flight. Embarkation on-time, in a well organized manner, however take off was delayed approximately 40' due to traffic. Landing with a slight delay (20' according to schedule). Travelled only with a rucksack, so did no pay for any extras. Total cost 17€ for a one way flight - superb value for money. Convenient and easy flight. A good experience.
RouteAthens to Berlin Schönefeld
Date FlownMarch 2019

"not entitled to compensation"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Barcelona. Flight cancelled due to fuelling issue, unorganised hell, staff didn’t know what was going on, no information passed on, no alternate flight or accommodation offered. Did not make it on our holiday, and have been told are not entitled to compensation as it’s ‘out of their control’. Well it certainly isn’t the passengers responsibility to fuel the plane. Furious is a under statement, complete lack of compassion or care. And customer service staff very blunt, rude and unhelpful.
RouteManchester to Barcelona