Ryanair

Customer rating from 1950 reviews

"Just the worst"

Not Verified | Just the worst. Queuing for nearly an hour to check a bag, then again waiting to board. Had to fly Ryanair for work and in future I make a note I don’t fly Ryanair.
RouteAthens to Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2021

"told that I needed an additional visa"

Trip Verified | I was not allowed on the Frankfurt - Stansted - Budapest flight. I was told that I needed an additional visa to the UK. I have a permanent residence permit in Germany. They were extremely rude to me, they refused to provide any justification, as well as to issue a notice of cancellation from the flight. The documents themselves and boarding passes on the Internet are presented in a terrible form - it is not clear what and where they will require and what they will not.
RouteFrankfurt to Budapest via Stansted
Date FlownJuly 2021

"no way I can actually reach Ryanair"

(Bulgaria)

Trip Verified | I was tested positive for covid-19 before my flight, for this reason I took and insurance covering a refund in such cases. However , I cannot reach ryanair in any way, chatbot is useless, phones are not being picked up, the refund application form doesn't approve the code of the booking as it is from Bulgaria and the only options are (FR;UK LE). There is no e-mail or customer service in Bulgaria so there is no way I can actually reach Ryanair to apply for the refund which is ridiculous.
RouteSofia to Milan

"truly horrible experience"

Trip Verified | I had always promised myself I’d never fly Ryanair but this time they were my only option. First up, booking and checking in etc. I found it pretty simple, I heard horror stories about people being charged ridiculous sums at checkin for boarding passes etc but so long as you read the instructions on the website you can’t really go wrong. And that’s the only positive thing I’m going to say about Ryanair. The aircraft was a new looking 737-800. On my flight out to bud from stn I was lucky enough to have an entire row of seats to myself, despite the rest of the aircraft being near capacity. Any airline I’ve flown with, in hot weather, will have the cabin a/c active for boarding. Not Ryanair. We sat in 30 degree heat for about 30 minutes with not so much as a breeze. That didn’t really matter though, because the overhead fans were just awful. On this aircraft were recessed into the facia, so the direction couldn’t be altered. Add to that the “breeze” wouldn’t have been sufficient to blow out an already fading candle on a child’s birthday cake. I had two fans pointing vaguely in my direction, both set to full, both failing to live up to their job descriptions. The seats were they bad, narrow and with about 2mm of padding. Now for the speedy boarding scam, I was standing in the terminal in BUD with the rest of the non speedy folk while the last of the speedy boarders had cleared the gate a good ten minutes previously. I was a little miffed up until I saw the speedy boarders all standing in a “cage” section of the air bridge (pictured) completely in air conditioned and completely open to the more than 30 degree heat. Contrast that with the regular folk who were enjoying the departure gate a/c. Both my flight to BUD and return flight to STN arrived late, yet Ryanair insisted upon playing their obnoxious fanfare. A truly horrible experience and I really hope I never have to fly with them again.
RouteBudapest to Stansted
Date FlownJuly 2021

"The worst service I have experienced"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Do not fly with them, however low the cost might be, you will end up loosing your trip or paying high fees! The personnel of Ryanair at the airport in Madrid were incredibly rude, and uninterested in helping with anything, one woman screamed at me, another threatened to call the cops at a nice lady who also had trouble (and called the cops on a young girl who the staff had promised that a certain document was enough to travel but then when she came to do the check in they denied her). The worst service I have experienced! Shame on Ryanair and it’s staff for treating me and other passages like this!
RouteMadrid to Gothenburg via Stansted
Date FlownJuly 2021

"Ryanair should be shut down"

Not Verified | Ryanair should be shut down. They don’t hire enough staff to get people on the plane even if you are at the airport early enough. Basically in beach or law. They are rude, and it’s a mess. They should be heavily penalized or shut down. More of a public menace.
RouteLondon to Crete
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I cannot believe how rude and how the staff don’t care"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | I have to say grumpy staff at the check in is already a terrible start. Not everyone flies all the time and knows where to go. I watched the lady first deal with another client. She should not be allowed to deal with people the way she speaks to you. Then I had the same at C05. If this is anything to go by I will avoid Ryanair for sure. Eurowings I had nothing like this. I cannot believe how rude and how the staff don’t care.
RouteCologne to Vienna
Date FlownJuly 2021

"have never seen such disgusting behaviour"

Not Verified | Simply the most inhumane airline I have ever run across. I tried to get help at the Barcelona Ryanair ticketing counter. Then went to their ticketing counter in Mallorca and I tried the boarding staff. Every single person was absolutely rude and unhelpful. I watched a man have to put on layers of clothing so he could board the aircraft within their carry on baggage rules. He had nothing and they just watched as he put layer upon layer of clothing. You know as soon as he boarded he would take off the clothes. I am 60 yrs old and travelled all over the world many times and have never seen such disgusting behaviour.
RouteBarcelona to Ibiza

"the crew were great"

Trip Verified | The ground crew were friendly and efficiently handled the new document requirements for travelling to Italy during the Covid-19 pandemic, including the new EU Digital Covid Certificate. From boarding to deplaning, everything was “Covid Clean”. Our 2 hour 40-minute flight from Sofia to Treviso was on an older 737-800, but it was still relatively ship-shape. The legroom was as expected (dismal) and the snack wasn’t anything to write home about, but the crew were great. The bottom line: Ryanair is what it is - Cheap.
RouteSofia to Venice
Date FlownJuly 2021

"precautions against covid-19 are almost non-existent"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Flight was on time and staff were friendly, nothing to say about that. My traveling companion and I had to spend 10 Euro extra each only to have seats close to each other, but this is a well-known part of the deal with Ryanair, so I cannot complain about that either. What I find unacceptable is that, in spite of their assurances, precautions against covid-19 are almost non-existent: to board the plane, people have to stand in a tightly packed line, after that, we were made waiting in a tightly packed corridor without windows. On the plane, although it was announced once at the beginning of the flight that masks are compulsory, about half of the passengers did not were them, but the crew seamed not to bother. When I complained about that to a flight attendant, she answered that they were going to make an announcement about that, but that did not happen. In this period in which a common effort is needed to allow our lives and economies restart without making the pandemic restart again, Ryanair is not making its part!
RouteBudapest to Rome