Ryanair

"pay a late check-in fee"

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Porto. My experience with Ryanair was terrible. Staff were incredibly rude during baggage check, payment and boarding. Lines and gates were disorganized stating they were closed when they weren’t and sending people at the front of the line to the back. I waited in line to check my baggage for 30 minutes (behind only two other individuals) before being made to pay a late check-in fee (which was approximately 5 minutes past the cut off at which time I was still 2 hours before flight departure). Flight was late taking off and arriving at our destination.
RouteBarcelona to Porto
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never choose Ryanair again"

Not Verified | Cologne to Rome. Very disappointed. Awful experience with the online check-in process and the customer service I got here at Cologne airport by from Ryanair staff. I didn’t know my online check-in has not worked until I got to the airport. There was still time to departure (around 40 minutes, yes not two hours but still good enough) but no one even tried to help me. They firmly gave a big no to me and didn’t even try any alternative solution. Hearing a no after seeing someone is at least trying to help you is different but I got a simple no without any understanding of my situation. I will never choose Ryanair again and I won’t recommend it to anyone.
RouteCologne to Rome
Date FlownNovember 2018

"worst check in experience"

Trip Verified | Rome to Athens. One of worst check in experience, reasons- understaffed team, hundreds of passenger in queue handled by 3. If you have not done check in online, you have to pay 55 euro per person, pay for light cabin backpack. staffs with blunt expression. One line is avoid the chances of being ripped on the name of low fare because one will end up paying a lot.
RouteRome to Athens
Date FlownNovember 2018

"there were a lot of announcements"

Trip Verified | On November 7th I flew Ryanair from Rome (CIA) to Stansted (London). The flight was delayed due to the late arrival of the aircraft. While on the flight there were a lot of announcements. Overall a very nice flight. The airport train was not running in Stansted which caused a further 30 minute delay and the use of buses to get to immigration.
Routefrom Rome (CIA) to Stansted (London)
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Lovely staff on both legs"

Trip Verified | Took a wee break to Krakow from Dublin to visit the Salt Mines and Auschwitz, On time both ways with Ryanair. Lovely staff on both legs of the journey with frequent updates from flight deck. Only suggestion is that they could get nicer wine on their menu. I've no problems with Ryanair, I'd be happy to use them again.
RouteDublin to Krakow
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never fly Ryanair again"

Trip Verified | Pisa to Stansted. Flight did leave on time but very unprofessional ground and cabin crew. I had one small suitcase with me and was forced without any explanation, to store this with the large suitcases. It seems that if you didn't have priority booking the crew had the right to be rude and intimidating. I will never fly Ryanair again, the only reason that I did this time was because I had to buy tickets last minute. I would rather stay longer or for a shorter period at my final destination then to be treated like this. Luggage collection at final destination also took ages.
RoutePisa to Stansted
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Never again with Ryanair"

Not Verified | Never again with Ryanair is a promise and a suggestion. It is a low cost flight company but we are not animals and even the animals should not be treated like they did with us. The day when this company will close down will be the best day for everybody. My last flight with them was very bad and unbeliveable. I departed from Naples to Bergamo where I had a stop and then from Bergamo to London Stansted. Unfortunately due to the very bad weather, the pilot has decided to land in Verona instead of Bergamo for safety reasons. My flight from Bergamo to London would be departed in 1 hour They have organized the transfer to Bergamo by buses (almost 2 hours) and when we arrived finally to Bergamo, my flight had already left. I went to the Ryanair's ticket office to ask to get the first flight to London Stansted. There I found the worst service ever seen: no customer service, no support, no understanding, crazy queue, only 2 desks and they called you by numbers. It Was a nightmare after a long day. When finally was my turn and together with passengers with my same issue, we have asked to get the first flight to London because was not our fault to have missed the flight. They replied to us that they would have inserted us in a waiting list and they have asked to charge 100 euros each passenger to get the first flight available that maybe would be departed even the day after. All of that without hotel, even a bottle of water. This is absolutely shameful! I really needed to be in London asap and I have decided to pay the fee and fortunately I got the next flight to London. Of course I am trying to get the refund with our solicitors and I will ask even the apologies from them. PS: The lady that works at the Ryanair point in Naples airport (Monday Morning 29th of October) should be fired and she need a very long training. She doesn't know at all what is and what mean the word "customer service". I repeat, never again with Ryanair.
RouteNaples to London

"nobody does anything"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Flew Palermo to Bucharest. I do not recommend Ryanair to anyone and I strongly suggest to avoid this horrible company. They lost my baggage during a flight, I called daily to the airport, I talked daily to the Ryanair customer service which, obviously, could not help, and in the end I can say that I did everything I could to get it back or to get a refund, but nobody cared at all. The information they give is not clear, the time they put me to wait was between 7 and 21 days and even like this nothing changed. Everybody is sorry, but nobody does anything. Plus, onboard they do not have the food they are supposed to sell. Horrible company!
RoutePalermo to Bucharest

"friendly helpful crew"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Flew Faro to Bristol with Ryanair. The usual efficient but basic experience with flights on time and friendly helpful crew. I fly with 'special assistance' and they are always very good in helping me and assisting with luggage. On the outbound flight weather conditions were very poor - as a retired pilot I estimated ground visibility height at about 200' - and I anticipated a diversion to Cardiff, but the Captain made an excellent landing on a wet and windy runway. We later found out that several other flights had indeed been diverted. The return flight had an unusual incident - because the forward toilet was inoperative, the seat belt signs were switched on in calm conditions to clear a way to the rear toilets for the crafty Captain and First Officer in turn!
RouteFaro to Bristol

"Shameful money grabbing"

Trip Verified | Flew Ryanair from Cologne to Bristol. I fly this journey every couple of months and I cannot remember the last time the flight wasn't delayed at least an hour. If it's going to be a later time just make it a later time! Now we have to pay for 'extras' which any decent airline would not charge for, such as carry on luggage or sitting next to loved ones. So they can say the flight is cheap but by the time you've added on the things you need it isn't cheap anymore. Shameful money grabbing. If Ryanair wasn't the only direct flight for this journey I would fly with someone else, even if it cost more.
RouteCologne to Bristol