Ryanair

“flight was delayed”

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | The flight was delayed. No info on the screen at the airport how long is the delay and what is the estimated departure. Just one word: "Delayed". So we wait and check the Flightradar 24. We could see it is still in the air and that it will be 18 minutes late. No info about that. Still one word. Then we hear the announcement - the boarding starts. No plane yet. We start our way to the boarding. I make a video for my children on the way of the plane moving towards the gates. We arrive at the gates after 5 minutes. Everybody is there. No boarding. And we are told that we are too late. And denied boarding which has not started. No sorry for that they are late. No explanation. It is only our fault. They ask us to leave the boarding area while the people just started to leave the plane. How can you close boarding which has not started yet? This system Ryanair uses often. It is not a one time event. Only you never know when they decide to be mean like that. Sometimes they decide to do the boarding (check the documents) a long time before the plane actually arrives. Sometimes only when it is ready. It is a game they play. So we missed our weekend in Brussels, lost money for the flight and hotel. But we were there before them @ hours before the flight. Strange world, no?
RouteBillund to Brussels
Date FlownJune 2024

"more than ticket price for woman bag?"

Trip Verified | It the first time in Europe when my woman small bag was present on boarding like another bag. I have just a backpack for laptop and small woman bag for normal life. Why I must pay more than ticket price for woman bag? And I not sure that another woman all have just priority and buy an extra baggage. Maybe it’s personal for boarding in Prague airport
RoutePrague to Gdansk
Date FlownJune 2024

“Flying as little as possible with Ryanair”

(Luxembourg)

Not Verified | In my opinion and from my experience, Ryanair purposely assigns seats in different rows and at different ends of the airplane for families with children if they do not pay extra. If paying for seats only a few hours before the flight, one can still see many free seats together. Yet, when choosing randomly assigned seats, those will be taken per one free seat from the 2 free seats by each other from the different rows. Why does only the Consumer Rights organization in Spain manage to fight against the airline's practice of charging their customers extra for seating together? Flying as little as possible with Ryanair and every time feel sick about their customer experience.
RouteCharleroi to Kaunas
Date FlownJune 2024

“threatened to take us off the flight”

Not Verified | Absolute JOBSWORTH at gate 83, 8:00am flight to Edinburgh. Had to pay £46 at the gate as our bag “didn’t fit” within the correct luggage size. The person who told us this was rude, inconsiderate, would ignore you when suggesting if we could decanter some items into our hold-all bags and he got a HUGE thrill out of doing this. He even threatened to take us off the flight after my partner was getting frustrated because he kept ignoring him when asking what we could do about it? Just be aware - yes it’s cheap flights however it all adds up at the end and save yourself the hassle of an absolute idiot trying to charge you more for nothing.
RouteStansted to Edinburgh
Date FlownJune 2024

"£70 penalty at the gate"

Not Verified | I have flown with this company from LBA on 22 occasions with the same case. This time they charged me £70 penalty at the gate. My case fitted their cage. Had slight bulge because I put my fleece in at the last minute. They told me my case would go in the hold. I have Parkinson’s and carry a lot of meds which I why I like them with me. The staff wouldn’t listen nor let me remove the fleece or my meds which would have removed the bulge. I had a walking stick and a disability lanyard. Made no difference. Other passengers stuck up for me as I was shaking from the stress. Other larger cases were passing by and they ignored those. But they didn’t listen.
RouteLeeds Bradford to Alicante
Date FlownApril 2024

"legroom is tiny"

Not Verified | Luggage does not get wrecked and also check in is easy including all disabilities like autism like me and my sister. The plane is good, flight is short, security is not as good but decent except at Beauvais. Small amount of luggage. But legroom is tiny and ridiculously bumpy landing. So it's a 5 out of ten.
RouteBirmingham to Beauvais

“was reasonable value”

Trip Verified | This is a review for a flight with Ryanair from Stansted Airport in the UK to Dortmund in Germany in late May 2024. Credit must be given to Ryanair for their easy to use website and email updates and reminders prior to travel. I had quite an early check-in and found that Ryanair have modernised and automated their check-in at Stanstead. This is welcomed as it certainly made the process quicker. However, I noted 2 elderly people struggling and not one Ryanair staff member had the decency to assist the couple. I spoke to a uniformed staff member who replied with “whatever” when I told her that the couple needed help. I helped them as the staff member literally walked away. Shame on her. Setting the aforementioned aside, boarding was orderly and maybe given the destination of Dortmund the passengers were orderly. The cabin crew included a very friendly Italian lady who helped a young mum with a baby and went out of her way to assist a disabled passenger take her seat. I noted this and thanked the staff member in question when I disembarked. The fare was not the cheapest by any means but was reasonable value. I was overall pleased with this flight with Ryanair. However the ground staff at Stanstead need to be pulled up over the incident I outlined above.
RouteLondon Stansted to Dortmund

"Hopeless service!"

Trip Verified |   Sitting on the tarmac at Newcastle Airport, time is 7.17 and plane should of taken off at 615 ... endless engineers coming onto the plane as theres an issue, poor comunication as to why we are waiting to either take off or to empty the plane so we can catch the new one (if there is even one ) just announced another engineer is coming to do a 2nd opinion filling me with confidence! Everyone thirsty as its hot but don't worry we are being looked after as its been announced there is water for us to purchase if needed. Time is now 7.21 and an engineer is now going to try and fix the plane and hopefully we will get more news in 30 mins. Hopeless service!
RouteNewcastle to Dublin

"Excellent price/quality ratio"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | Charleroi- Nîmes return. Outbound flight left one minute earlier then scheduled and we arrived ahead of schedule in Nîmes. Return flight left with some delay but we finally arrived on time at Charleroi thanks to the 20 minutes they always add to the total flight time. Outbound flight on an old 19yr old plane but new seats were installed so offering a bit more legroom and width. Return on a newer "Boeing Sky Interior" plane which was a nice bonus! Cabin crew on all flights friendly and efficient. Excellent price/quality ratio. No issue at all once more with Ryanair. Would fly them again without hesitation.
RouteBrussels Charleroi to Nîmes

"lack of responsibility"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | It was really bad, after finding out that there were queues of more than two hours to get through security, they didn't care about the passengers, it was still possible to get on the plane but they closed the gates. After 20 minutes passed, they removed the stairs and closed the door. They were not helpful at the door to resolve the problem, they made a corridor for us to go through customs again and took us to the exit of the airport without further helping with rebooking the flight. I ridicule the organization and the lack of responsibility towards customers. Terrible service to society. Foi muito mau depois de saberem que houve filas de mais de duas horas para passar na segurança eles não quiseram saber dos passageiros, ainda dava para entrar no avião mas fecharam os portões a mentir dizendo que o avião já tinha partido e ainda estava em solo com as escadas de embarque colocadas e toda a segurança. Depois de mais de 20 minutos passados é que tiraram as escadas e fecharam a porta. Não foram prestaveis na porta para resolver o problema fizeram um corredor para passarmos outra vez na alfândega e levaram para a saida do aeroporto sem mais ajudar na remarcação do vôo. Estamos a falar que mais de metade das pessoas que viajava no avião não consegui embarcar Ainda por cima não se responsabilizam dizendo que é normal e pode demorar a passar na segurança quando relembro que demoraram mais de 2 horas para fazer uma coisa que normalmente não demora mais de 10 minutos. Ridículo a organização e a falta de responsabilidade com os clientes. Péssimo serviço para a sociedade.
RouteBirmingham to Porto