Ryanair

Customer rating from 1988 reviews

"wouldn’t try to help us with the refund"

Trip Verified | We are originally from Singapore & arrived in Frankfurt on Dec 15, 2021. We had booked a Ryanair flight to travel from Frankfurt to Catania on Dec 17, however, on Dec 16 we received news that the Italian govt has imposed an entry restriction on leisure travelers who had been in Singapore within the last 14 days. Since we suddenly became unable to enter Italy, we had to remain in Germany for the rest of Dec & cancel our trip to Catania. We tried to cancel our Ryanair tickets for flight FR 1558 and request for a refund for 321.96 € on Dec 16 but to no avail. We are very disappointed and what’s worse is I was told by Ryanair that its refund policy does not cater for flights that are not cancelled by the airline but I could pay 180 € to change my tickets before the flight took off on Dec 17. Since we will not be in Europe after Dec to use the new tickets, a refund would be the only feasible option. It has been extremely troubling & thoroughly stressful for us since Ryanair wouldn’t try to help us with the refund.
RouteFrankfurt to Catania
Date FlownDecember 2021

"end up paying more than just buying new flights"

Not Verified | Ryanair refuse to give a refund or voucher for not being able to fly due to Covid. They say they have a fare change system in place but you end up paying more than just buying new flights. They are incentivising people to travel with Covid and something should be done to stop them. I had already booked future flights with them but I will be boycotting them from now on.
RouteDublin to Madrid
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"refused to exchange my flight"

Not Verified | Following the confinement, I asked to cancel my flight since we no longer have the right to travel. Ryanair refused to exchange my flight for a voucher or refund. This is not supposedly their problem. Suite au confinement, j'ai demander a annuler mon vol vu que nous n'avons plus le droit de voyager. La compagnie Ryanair a refusé d’échanger mon vol en bon d'achat ou remboursement. Ce n'est soit disant pas leur problème.
RouteMarseille to Nantes
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"pay attention to your luggage"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Very poor customer service, low interpersonal skills. It is very important to pay attention to your luggage. Trying to cheat on the size of the suitcase to get more money.
RouteBerlin to Tel Aviv
Date FlownDecember 2021

"personal health and safe is not a priority"

Trip Verified | The passenger behind refused to wear mask for entire flight. Their actions endangered everyone on the flight, passengers, attendants and pilots. The staff repeatedly told the passenger follow health guidelines and they refused. Do not fly with company. Your personal health and safe is not a priority with this company. This company obviously puts profits before the health and welfare of its staff and clients. I will never fly with this airline. Why, we’re passenger aloud to Jeopardize the health of the flight? Why were the authorities not informed, and had these passengers charged and fined? These passengers should be put on the do not fly list and never allowed to fly with Ryanair again. The health and welfare of passenger should be the first priority and it obviously that did not happen. Word of caution, choose any other airline but this one.
RouteGran Carnia to Berlin
Date FlownDecember 2021

"no patience, no kindness, no respect"

Trip Verified | There is no word in the English language that can fully describe how bad this airline is. I’ve had my shares of bad experience with Ryanair but always thought “Well, my bad I should have been more prepared I guess” or “they are probably having a bad day, cut them some slack” etc. But if you’re going to be aggressive and verbally abusive to two senior travelers, then we’re going to have a real problem. Even more if the seniors in question are my parents who have a limited knowledge of English. My parents came to visit us this weekend. They arrived in London fully prepared, vaccinated, passports, forms, VeriFly app literally everything that was required and asked of them. They flew in with BA at Heathrow and everything went smoothly (take some notes Stansted!). Then we prepared their return journey and they made sure to book 2 handbags (that’s how it works now you have to pay for handbags too). So, prior to the trip they booked two ‘less than 10 kg handbags’ on the agency’s website which gave them also the right to priority board (something they were not aware of). They actually waited and queued until it was time to board and once in front of the person at the desk were asked to pay £90 for the two bags. My dad tried to explain he already paid for it, but she didn’t want to hear it, she laughed to their faces because they tried to explain themselves with the few English words they know, and then she realized that my dad speaks Spanish (apparently, she did too) so they managed to understand each other to some extent. She lost patience and told my parents it was either they paid for the bags, or they had to leave them behind. Scared and tired by the situation they decided to pay and after they got the confirmation and the sticky tag on their bags asked if they could get an invoice or receipt. The lady said she didn’t have it and that they will receive it by email. However never confirmed it with my dad and asked them to quickly move towards the plane and embark. Then someone - I'm guessing who's a security person - yelled at them in the corridor in English (remember a language they don't understand) and kept screaming and shouting at them for a good minute without thinking they might not be able to understand his language. Literally no patience, no kindness, no respect. My parents managed to connect the dots and gathered that he wanted them to leave the bags outside the plane (remember small handbags less than 10 kg) they pointed a corner to him, and he let out some kind of agreeing grunt. Then once on board they probably were thinking they could finally relax, but no, once again someone with a lot of empathy and sympathy decided otherwise. The hostess that day kept asking my mum to remove her jacket, and put it up in the overhead bin, then underneath the seat, then finally take it back and put it on her knees because it wasn’t right, and every 5 minutes came back to check if she was "cooperating" because she also asked my mum to remove her scarf and for some reason it needed to be left with the jacket. What is wrong in your head? When a lady of a certain age is cold, you pressure her into removing her clothes? First, I don’t get what the security hazard is with a scarf. Second, it’s literally freezing outside, and we know how cold it can be inside the plane before take-off, also ever heard of covid. I mean come on. I'm curious to know if they provide the same type of care to all their passengers.
RouteStansted to Toulouse

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | I wish I could rate as -1000! Numerous times extra fees, uncomfortable seat, terrible customer service (I don’t even know if it does exist). Ryanair ruined my holiday trip. I've never been so disrespected in my whole life. Feel like I was robbed.
RouteLisbon to Dublin
Date FlownDecember 2021

"she was sure we needed a PCR test"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | This morning with priority we arrived on the front of the queue and there was this lady who said we were not allowed to go on board because we needed a PCR test and she asked us to book another flight. We showed her our full vaccination, boarding pass, day 2 lateral flow test and she said she was sure we needed a PCR test. We asked to check it and then she said we were good to go.
RouteBristol to Milan
Date FlownNovember 2021

"cabin crew were excellent"

Not Verified | I flew from Prestwick to Arrecife on 20/11/2020. Ground staff very friendly and helpful. The cabin crew were excellent. Really efficient providing a fantastic onboard service all with a smile and couldn't do enough.
Aircraft737 800
RoutePrestwick to Arrecife

"Abysmal experience!"

(Israel)

Not Verified | Well, when a client asks for a glass of water to take his medicine and you say "no"...say no more. Customer service on the web - also from the worst I have ever seen! Didn't help at all, and didn't try to even look like they are trying to! And advertising 5 euros flights to end up with 100 per a lousy destination. Overall - Abysmal experience! Starting from the ticket purchase straight to the flight to Paphos and back home. And the charging money for almost every step the client takes, really no words left.
RouteTel Aviv-Yafo to Paphos