Ryanair

"Impressive cabin crew"

(Portugal)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Ponta Delgada. Impressive cabin crew, going beyond their duty, professional, kind and attentive. The flight though was tiring and Ryanair needs to stop with this sort of joke of them of landing hardly.
RouteLisbon to Ponta Delgada
Date FlownJuly 2020

"They are just ripping people blind"

Trip Verified | Very poor customer service, pre booked way before covid -19 for European holiday. All other bookings are getting refunded or credit note for full amount but not Ryanair. Was told not there problem if i dont make it to the gate, what a joke. I cant even get out of my state in Queensland Australia let alone out of the country. They are just ripping people blind for no reason.
RouteManchester to Rome
Date FlownJune 2020

"I asked for a full refund"

Trip Verified | Ryanair cancelled my ticket on the 8th March because of covid-19 from Luton to Tenerife South which is acceptable. I asked for a full refund on the 20th March they write me that it will take longer to get my money back. Now all Im waiting almost 10 weeks. I call the service they told me just wait or choose a new flight. I don't want a new flight. I think they play with not just me but everyone in the same situation to keep our money.
RouteLuton to Tenerife south
Date FlownDecember 2019

"stay away from this airline!"

Trip Verified | In a word, terrible. Do not fly with this airline! Like many, Covid 19 struck, still waiting for refund, flight was on the 9th April 2020 - it was cancelled a few days before so I submitted the refund form (kept crashing but did it finally). I hear nothing, I ring and after a 45 mins wait, I’m told It will be processed in 14 days - lies! I get a voucher, being front line emergency services a voucher is no good, I have leave embargos in place but the airline does not care. Most of refund is baggage space I booked and obviously didn’t use so they lose no money really. I have continued to call and email, I never get through to them, no closer to my refund and it’s now been well over a month. How is it allowed?!? I never want to use them again. I appreciate a delay in process but Jet2 refunded in 14 days for my other trip and were really helpful. It’s ridiculous now and how no one is stepping in, it’s clearly not getting processed - stay away from this airline!
RouteStansted to Prague
Date FlownApril 2020

"In other words no refund"

Not Verified | Flight cancelled by Ryanair, like everyone when I received the mail a voucher was offered as was a refund. I took the refund option and was then sent a voucher and told that if I wanted a refund I needed to reapply and that it would be processed after the CV-19 was over. I still reapplied and have now received a mail saying "As per interpretive guidelines on EU passenger rights, announced by the EU commission on cancellations caused due to COVID 19, this is now classified as an extraordinary circumstance and compensation does not apply under EU261/2004." In other words no refund this is absolutely disgusting. Never again will I be flying Ryanair!
RouteBristol to Lanzarote
Date FlownMay 2020

"try to give me a voucher"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | I'm still waiting for my refund cause my flight has been canceled due to corona. They try to give me a voucher and it is not possible to contact them. This is unacceptable. Please do something.
RouteBruxelles to Warsaw
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"the worst customer support "

Not Verified | Ryanair has the worst customer support ever. My flight was cancelled, and I was given the option to change my flight or receive a refund. As I need to go back to London, I decided not to request a refund and get another flight later on. Now that I'm trying to do so, they are asking me to pay the difference, they are ignoring my chats and phone calls and for 4 hours now I'm still unable to reach them. They have disconnected the chat twice now on their end, and before doing so they sent me messages pretending like I wasn't responding to their questions. Unbelievably useless.
RouteLondon to Zaragoza
Date FlownMarch 2020

"doesn't accept my claim"

Trip Verified | Arrived 14th march on Tenerife with Transavia. When we left from Rotterdam airport Tenerife was marked green as destination. When we landed it had changed to yellow. One day later the lockdown went in. Started searching for a flight back from that moment, only flights with stops at Madrid were possible. That seemed a greater risk than staying on Tenerife. Finally on Tuesday 17h booked a flight with Ryanair for Wednesday to Brussels, for €1700 (4 persons) At checking in it turned out it was not possible to reserve a seat. Wednesday at the airport we were treated like cattle at a far to busy gate. Afters hours in the line we got the message the plane was full. They overbooked 30-40 persons. At the Ryanair counter at the airport the employee told me she had arranged the refund claim. The other day we got a flight with Transavia to Eindhoven €1500. The Ryanair refund page doesn't accept my claim because the flight wasn't canceled. No indeed, it was not, they overbooked it! I sent Ryanair a registered letter to pay me back within one month. I have not got any reaction. Never, I will fly Ryanair again!
RouteTenerife South to Brussels

"cheapskate, thieving company"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Beware of buying gift vouchers from Ryanair. Firstly, you might as well pay cash or credit card. Secondly, no matter what the emergency, they will not extend the expiry date, or exchange gift vouchers. This includes any situation where they stop services. So if they cancel flights for something like corona virus, so you can't use your vouchers to fly, they will just let your vouchers expire and keep your cash. Thirdly They are a heartless, money grabbing, cheapskate, thieving company. Not saying don't use them, just don't expect them to honour promises and don't under any circumstances, buy their gift vouchers.
RouteCopenhagen to London
Date FlownMay 2019

"the worst customer service"

(Romania)

Not Verified | I asked for a refund as the flight was cancelled and they offered me a voucher instead. Now I am waiting for more than 2 hours for someone to have the decency to answer the chat and give me the opportunity to ask for my money back. I can understand the voucher scheme, but nobody to answer the chat, that`s simply unacceptable, this is not a way to treat a customer. Shame on you, the worst customer service ever.
RouteBucharest to Vienna