Ryanair

Customer rating from 1931 reviews

"What an absolute load of rubbish"

Not Verified | Had flight booked, as advertised you could change at no extra cost. What an absolute load of rubbish. Tried to change my flight which I could do as long as paid £127 extra on a flight out of season. Went on their website where I could book the exact same new flight as a new customer for £19.99. So just lies do not be tempted by their advertising.
RouteAlicante to Liverpool
Date FlownOctober 2020

"I will forever be grateful"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | As hard as it is in these days due to pandemic situation, worst that could happen to us is to be separated from our loved ones. I waited for almost 6 months to be able to go home and be with my mom. I have tried to fly out using another airline, two days prior to the current flight I took with Ryanair, and to my shock I was denied to fly because I didn’t have the identity card to be in the country I was flying in. I had the test results, which were negative, the declaration form. Which I thought I was ready to go. Only because I was not a resident in Italy, I was denied. I emailed the Italian embassy as I was going back home, confused and desperate. They emailed right back and said that I don’t need a permission to enter the country. I found as well the updated info regarding flying to Italy, anyone could fly not only residents from April 7th. I then bought a new airline ticket from Ryanair. More affordable and to my surprise such a COVID 19 friendly use. For example, it has an easy access to all the forms necessary to fill in. And when you check in you upload all the forms and you are all set. All I did at the airport is to check in my big bag and go straight to the gate. I had to ask the person who checked me in if she’s going to check my documents and forms. She said no, because they have them all online as I submitted them. And the COVID test that I took on April 6 was still valid on 11th April and I didn’t have to take another one. I still did, and spend £300 in total. Thank you Ryanair for making this possible for me and my family. I will forever be grateful.
RouteStansted to Bologna
Date FlownApril 2021

"delayed refund for more than 2 months"

Trip Verified | They cancelled my flight in December, which I should be entitled to a refund for. They "delayed refund for more than 2 months" and finally come back to me with paperwork claiming I didnt book through their website so I need more ID checks. I did book through their website they're just stalling trying to keep my money in any way possible.
RouteStansted to Podgorica
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"manners not in the vocabulary"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | I had a flight to Tenerife from Luton. Having everything prepared and well informed on the conditions of travel me and other people were forbidden to fly on the grounds that on the same day flying rules had just upgraded (new COVID rules upgrade). I know that these are unpredictable times and one assumes responsibility for his/her journey,yet there was no update on the website. They wouldn’t talk to us, there was this lady that wouldn’t give her name that was repeatedly shouting ‘you won’t fly today’ and when contacted the service support was you just call your embassy etc. I guess humanity and manners not in the vocabulary of Ryanair, and yes I think one person representing the company is the entire company.
RouteLuton to Tenerife
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"I didn't take this insulting offer"

Not Verified | Phoned an operator at Ryanair.We told them we both couldn't fly to Spain for our holiday on 13th February because of lock down regulations and the implications of this. With Goverment guidelines we. would be breaking the law. Sent letters, emails and finally got through to head office by phone. Their response was we are still flying and because of this you are not entitled to a refund. Paid £400 for return flight to Malaga from Stansted, the operator said I could change the date for an extra £136, £90 change fee, and £46 flight difference on top. £536 hardly a budget airline to fly to Malaga! I didn't take this insulting offer as I knew several months down the line the same thing would happen again!
RouteStansted to Malaga
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"I am still waiting for a refund"

Not Verified | I don't recommend this airline to anyone. The service is horrible. My flight was cancelled and after 5 months I am still waiting for a refund. The price is also not so cheap as they claim because as you book, the add-ons e.g. price of luggage or seat booking, priority booking make the total price equal non-budget airlines but with much worse service.
RouteStansted to Prague
Date FlownOctober 2020

"I have never flown with them"

Trip Verified | I can't say flown because even though I've booked tickets with them twice, and they've taken my money. I have never flown with them. The first time I showed up at the gate at Gatwick, I was told I could not get a boarding pass because I was from Canada, even though we had a lot Covid-19 infection rate, but OK. When I tried to get a voucher I was told that since the flight was able to leave, I did not qualify for a refund/voucher. The second time, I check online update to confirm my flight has not been cancelled. After putting in my flight details, I get a response that says "No flights found for the search criteria". I contact their live chat. They say that the flight has not been cancelled but to check flight update online to confirm. I told them I did and what the response was. The answer was "I assure you it's not cancelled, but you can check flight update online to conform". The airport is a 4 hour drive from where I live but I'm supposed to drive there (and back if cancelled) based on his 'assurance' when even the flight update does know what's going on.
RouteAlicante to London
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"they just cancel whatever flight they want to"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I use to fly between Germany and Spain about 20 roundtrips a year, usually on Ryanair. I consider Ryanair's product to be well suited for my needs. Just a seat, no frills, low price, easy way to get from A to B. Nevertheless within the last weeks Ryanair has started to arbitrarily cancel flights due to a low load factor. Somehow I understand this, when there is a sudden change in government rules and people just stop buying tickets. But now Ryanair just cancels whatever flight, that was offered a few weeks ago, just because their load factor is too low for their needs. This happened about two weeks ago and I had to rearrange my travelling, throwing away a couple of tickets from the 8 flights I had already booked with Ryanair. Now they do the same thing once again and my travel plans are totally screwed. From the few flights Ryanair offers, they just cancel whatever flight they want to, obviously without compensation. Therefore I strongly advice to NOT book any Ryanair flight, unless there is normal travelling available maybe in spring 2022. Until then, stick to the serious companies that do fly, when they offer flights.
RouteBarcelona to Frankfurt
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Treating your loyal customers like this is a sure fire way to going bust"

Trip Verified | Due to COVID restrictions we were unable to enter Spain on our 27/12 due date. We Paid over £600 for flights and were told we were not allowed a voucher or refund despite this not being our fault we were told we also had to book before mid March or lose the flight. These alternative flights cost less than £60. We were told we then had to pay a further £18! The person on the chat line for Ryanair was very rude. We take nearly 20 flights a year with Ryanair. Treating your loyal customers like this is a sure fire way to going bust.
RouteEast Midlands to Alicante
Date FlownOctober 2020

"almost every row was not fully occupied"

Trip Verified | Didn’t expect such a comfortable flight with Ryanair. I flew from Dublin to Amsterdam. The flight was less expensive then the panini onboard (€5,). I didn’t have any luggage with me so the total costs including seat reservation summed up to €11, which was less expensive then my commute to the airport. The plane left on time both ways and we landed earlier. Seat quality was quite good, I expected less for €11,. I am 1.80m tall and my legs weren’t cramped against the seat in front of me. 20 minutes after take off the staff started serving food, with a pretty wide variety of options. I don’t know if it was a precaution or that the flight was just empty, but almost every row was not fully occupied, so that social distancing was possible on the flight.
RouteDublin to Amsterdam