Ryanair

"split people that travel together"

Not Verified | Made two trips recently with Ryanair and on those two trips we left late (almost one hour). Boarding is slow. With their new policy of paying for the once free cabin luggage everyone has priority so its really just more of the same under a different name - this is my experience of observing their boarding process. Staff could be more friendly but that's not a major issue. They're polite and know what they're doing. Food looks expensive but smells good - so far I've only tried coffee so can't say much about it. The seat space is appalling. Also they really seem to split people that travel together when you select random seat allocation - I understand its random but seems quite unnecessary and makes it look like Ryanair only really cares about your money. Also, if you travel alone you're "random" seat allocation is the middle seat which is not that random as it should be.
RouteStansted to Lisbon
Date FlownDecember 2018

"wait outside for half an hour"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Leeds to Krakow. They made us wait outside at zero degrees for half an hour before the flight which was absolutely not acceptable especially for elderly and children.
RouteLeeds to Krakow

"answered me rudely"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Dublin. This is to make a complaint about Ryanair desk staff in Barcelona Terminal 2 who I asked about visa checks and answered me rudely. I asked about the boarding pass print since I can't retrieve it through the app since I'm not a European national. So when I asked for the print and stamp he told me, how can he stamp my boarding pass in my phone screen. I found it rude so I raised my voice a little high and asked him again only the he gave me proper instructions. This people should not be tolerated. Please make actions on it.
RouteBarcelona to Dublin
Date FlownDecember 2018

"not book any special services"

Trip Verified | Weeze to Faro. At the end of October 2018 I booked my flight with full enthusiasm. In addition to the flight and hand luggage, I have also booked the shuttle transfer and paid. Unfortunately Ryanair did not pass my payment to the shuttle provider Viajes Russadir. This week it starts and will have to book another transfer and pay. I can advise everyone to book special services with Ryanair. Ryanair is pulling its own customers over the table. The "Support / Service" is the worst I have ever experienced. After about 30 emails I got the same answer that they can do nothing and I should contact the shuttle provider. What should they do? They did not receive the payment, that means no transfer. The last 10 reactions from Ryanair were then copy & paste: the position would remain the same and that the matter is now clarified. I visited the Facebook and read the running volume, that the support is bad or there is no compensation. So you can be lucky if everything runs smoothly or bad luck. In future I will not book any special services by an Airline. You have no trouble if the payment is not forwarded by the airline. Ryanair is not interested and withdraws from the responsibility.
RouteWeeze to Faro
Date FlownDecember 2018

"We had to cancel our flight"

Not Verified | Stansted to Belfast. We had to cancel our flight. That's when the complications occurred. nasty online system that produces few alternative flights, rubbish telephone support team who repeatedly put the phone down on you (this happened 3 times out of 5 calls!) and at the best of times while you've still got them on the other end of the line they are so foreign that they ask you to repeat every 10 seconds, and get muddled in between times! I got so frustrated that I am vowing never to use Ryanair again even if they are cheaper than Easyjet.
RouteStansted to Belfast
Date FlownDecember 2018

"I couldn't have asked for more"

(Malta)

Trip Verified | 3rd December Flight. Being someone who is afraid of flying I couldn't have asked for more. Getting up those stairs into the plane is the hardest part, I also wasn't sat next to my partner so I was very tence and a little upset. So after they noticeably saw me distressed the Captain and the stewardess first reassured me that I would be sat with my partner (at no disturbance to anyone else) and asked me if I wanted to see the cockpit to be reassured about the plane. Here I met the pilot, an extremely helpful and knowledge man who walked me though a few things, told me the weather conditions, direction of the plane etc. Anything and everything I need or could have wanted to know. I just want to thank the pilot and his crew for being so understanding. The food was great and the selection was good aswell. The plane itself was nice and very clean.
RouteLuton to Malta
Date FlownDecember 2018

"straight forward rip off"

Trip Verified | Treviso to Budapest. Beware, if you happen to book by phone the Ryanair website wont let you do the check in online and at the gate they make you pay 55 euro for the boarding pass. Modern robbery. A straight forward rip off.
RouteTreviso to Budapest

"latest profiteering strategies"

Trip Verified | East Midlands to Dublin. Yet another Ryanair flight where most passengers are booked as 'priority' - the queuing ropes had to be repositioned as the priority queue was so long. Less than 20 in the 'other Q'. Same on flights last week. Have to give it to Ryanairs marketing strategists - if you want to take on board baggage you have to book priority, which leaves those that genuinely want priority finding over 100 passengers in front of them. If is was funny it would be hilarious - but it isn't funny, its Ryanair's latest profiteering strategies at its best!
RouteEast Midlands to Dublin

"rather nice flight"

Trip Verified | Luton to Dublin. It was a rather nice flight. Boarding was orderly as they were using both sets of stairs, The only issue was I had to buy seat to check in online. It was 29 hours before the flight. No other option unless I waited.
RouteLuton to Dublin
Date FlownNovember 2018

"refused to refund me"

Trip Verified | Edinburgh to Brindisi via Stansted. You can't pay for your baggage at the baggage check in. I arrived at the airport 2 hours in advance of my domestic flight from Edinburgh to London. I proceeded through the queue to check my baggage at the automated kiosk. I weighed my bag and received an error message. The attendant told me that I needed to go to the Ryanair check-in desk to check my bag. I did so, and the Ryanair attendant at the desk said she could not take my payment. She said I needed to go to the other end of the terminal to the Swissport Desk. I was already starting to worry about making it to the gate on time, but I didn’t have any choice but to follow the attendant’s orders. So I crossed the terminal and waited in queue at the Swissport Desk for 40 minutes with several other people who were in the same situation. Everybody looked angry and worried because there was only one agent handling customers, and she was moving very slowly. When I finally got my turn, it was too late. The gate had closed. When I told this to the slow attendant, she was exceedingly rude, remarking that I should have "spoken up" from the queue if I had an imminent flight. The problem was, every single person in the queue was in the same position that I was. Ryanair wasn’t letting anybody pay for their baggage at the baggage desk! Was I supposed to cut in line? Leaving on a later flight would've caused me to miss my connection in London, so I had to pay 70 pounds to take a train from Edinburgh to London so I could make the connection in time. Ryanair has repeatedly refused to refund me for the Edinburgh-London part of the trip even though their attendants were at fault. Adding insult to injury, they keep sending me form letters which pointedly ignore the substance of my complaint. Essentially, they blame me for not taking "a long security queue" into account. I never even made it to the security queue! I will never fly this airline again.
RouteEdinburgh to Brindisi via Stansted