Ryanair

"Worst customer service"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | I will discourage everyone trying to fly with this airline. The price might be cheap but they will try to get money form everything else. I had to pay £55 for check in at the airport (never happened to me before after lots of flights) and they never sent me an email (as all airlines usually do) to check in. Of course they do that intentionally so you have to do the check in at the airport and charge you for it. Also the staff are disrespectful and not professional at all. Not people you can talk to. Worst customer service. Be aware before booking with Ryanair.
RouteLondon to Milan
Date FlownNovember 2019

"not a low cost company"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Gran Canaria to Barcelona. The worst flight company in Europe. Charged 25€ for a wheeled bag even though they don't have enough space in the airplane itself. Bigger luggage costs starts from 40€ which is really expensive. And the seat could cost you up to 20€ Cost of the trip: 43€ Handbag: 25€ Luggage : 40€ Seat : 20 Total: 128€ Total extras : 85 € This is not a low cost company as they say.
RouteGran Canaria to Barcelona
Date FlownNovember 2019

"you get what you pay for"

Trip Verified | London Luton to Vilnius. I rang Ryan Air a full 14 days before my outbound flight to let them know that I would not be able to travel after all due to family/personal reasons. As I had paid for their optional 'one trip travel insurance' I told them that I would be claiming my flight costs back via the insurance policy. To cut a long story short: I was told that Ryanair has no cancellation policy and that I would have to wait for at least 24 hours after my return journey and then phone Ryanair again to request a 'Did Not Show' confirmation letter. This will form step one in the insurance claim process. As my return flight was booked for 10th November I, therefore, phoned Ryanair 12th November. They told me they will email me the necessary 'Did Not Show' letter and that I can expect this in the next 8 working days. I said that this was a ridiculously long time to wait, particularly when the customer service agent said she could see that I hadn't used the ticket and would, therefore, be instructing the DNS letter to be processed immediately. When I asked what the procedure was once I had received the DNS letter she said she did not know but was sure that instructions would be included in the email. My issues are: I informed Ryanair 24th October that I would not be using my ticket but was told that I could not start to claim back my flight costs until at least 2 days after my return flight. This meant there would be an empty seat travelling to Vilnius 7th November and an empty seat travelling back to Luton on 10th November. As Ryanair confirmed there was no way of cancelling my ticket/seat then I must assume those seats were left empty! That sounds like very bad commercial practice - not something I would expect of a low cost/budget airline. Ryanair offers 'one trip travel insurance' at the time of booking and then cannot explain the procedure for making a claim against the insurance policy. They blame it on the fact that their insurers are a 'third party'! Check! The transaction was made between me and Ryanair and I expect Ryanair to be responsible. I now have to wait possibly another 10 days simply to start the claiming process - a process which I am still in the dark about. How much longer will this take? It's only when things go wrong, or are slightly outside the norm', that the 'you get what you pay for' adage comes home to roost!
RouteLondon Luton to Vilnius
Date FlownNovember 2019

"£25 for one of our hand luggage"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Fuertuventura. On the Ryanair website it states that you can have two pieces of hand luggage under 10kgs. We had a small suitcase and a handbag, but we were still charged £25 for one of our hand luggage items. We booked through an on line agency and Ryanair advise that it’s up to them to reimburse us. I would strongly advise not to use Ryanair as they pass the buck to anyone else they can. Our first and last time using this company.
RouteStansted to Fuertuventura
Date FlownNovember 2019

"£14 per flight for priority boarding"

Not Verified | Stansted to Athens. This airline is the worst airline ever. Carry on luggage is just a small bag unless you upgrade at £14 per flight for priority boarding - if you fail to check online before 2 hours prior to your flight you pay £55, if you want to sit next to your friend it will cost you an extra £4 each - if you have any complaints or issues with your flight, you can't talk to any Ryanair staff at the airport but instead you will talk to staff from another company. They can't really help you at all and they just keep saying you need to contact Ryanair. I will never ever use them ever again!
RouteStansted to Athens

"impressed with everything"

Trip Verified | Munich to Dublin. Flight was less than half the cost of Aer Lingus and was super. I paid to select my own seats and took priority boarding with extra hand luggage. I was impressed with everything about this flight. Clean bright modern plane lots of leg room and pleasant staff. Good take off on time and good landing. But not impressed with marathon journey on foot from landing port to passport control. Murder on us older folk.
RouteMunich to Dublin

"I felt so stupid"

Trip Verified | Bratislava to Dublin. I fly with Ryanair quite often and I've always been happy with the airline until we were coming back from Bratislava. My husband had booked rows 33a and 33b at the back of the the plane, we used the back entrance and saw that people were in our seats, we mentioned this to the air hostess and she said 'oh sorry, special assistance are sat there now so you have to go to the front of the plane to row 2'. We had to go to the front of the plane trying to pass by passengers going into their own seats, I felt so stupid saying sorry repeatedly to people and explaining to them that our back seats were taken and we didn't know till now. We dont have a problem giving up our seats to those who needed it but it's worse when you are not told before you start to board the plane. Passengers, don't book the last seats on Ryanair because they dont understand how to communicate to each other, all they had to to was make an announcement and let us know.
RouteBratislava to Dublin
Date FlownOctober 2019

"paying 25€ on a luggage"

Trip Verified | Toulouse to Brussels.Probably my worst flight experience. They charge you extra, their policies are really unlogical. Like paying 25€ on a luggage you already payed. Never flying with them any more.
RouteToulouse to Brussels
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I didn't check in online"

Not Verified | Lisbon to Valencia. 55€ fee because I didn't check in online. I was at the airport 1 hour and 40 minutes before my flight. I went to the counter to check in and they tell me I need to pay a fee for not checking in online at least 2 hours before the flight. This, surely is the most unjust money grabbing ploy of all time. Horrible experience.
RouteLisbon to Valencia
Date FlownNovember 2019

"55 euros each to be able to check in"

Trip Verified | Venice to Barcelona. We bought 3 wrong tickets, purchased new ones and spent over 400 euros which is fine because it was our mistake. But we tried to do the check in online the night before the page kept redirecting us away from the check in. We wait in line to do the check in at the counter and after an hour of waiting in line we arrive to the counter. At the counter we are informed that we need to pay 55 euros each to be able to check in or we can’t fly. They sent us to a different floor to a different counter where we had to wait again. The person in the counter was extremely rude! We ended up paying 165 euros to be able to get a receipt to do the line again to get our boarding passes. The customer service was terrible and a ticket that was supposed to be cheap ended up being more expensive than flying in a good airline! I do not recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteVenice to Barcelona