Ryanair

Customer rating from 1965 reviews

"Ryanair does not have any respect for the customers"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Ryanair does not have any respect for the customers and are just a money seeking airline. They do not see the mistakes of their own, but of the customers only. From check-in to security check up until getting on the flight it was full of chaos. Although we had plenty of time left, we had to be in a hurry but at the end we, us ourselves, found out that the plane was delayed. They did not make a single announcement about the delay, or sorry for the inconvenience. All they did was sit and do nothing. Thanks for ruining my trip to London. They charge you 3 euros for a bottle of water. Due to the run I had to make to the gate, because they had their problem, I needed water, but no! It's Ryanair, they will charge you for every single penny. I hope they fix their problems for other future customers.
RouteLondon to Berlin
Date FlownOctober 2021

"The worst airline in the UK"

Not Verified | I did a COVID test in Italy, they gave me the result in Italian, as I was in Italy I couldn’t imagine that the result had to be in English too, on boarding they didn’t me allow to get to the plane and told me to talk with their staff at check in and to do another test at the pharmacy. I spoke with them and they told me I had to pay 200 euros to fly in another flight because my flight had 30 min to departure. The worst airline in the UK. I had a test that was not in in English but anyone can read that it was negative, what’s the difficulty for an Italian born to read it?
RouteBergamo to Stansted
Date FlownOctober 2021

"just dismissed us from their minds"

Trip Verified | Coming back from Corfu was a nightmare. I am not moaning about our flight being cancelled because that may have been out of Ryanair's hands but the fact that they did not help with anything after we were told that the flight was cancelled is unbelievable! We were told to book our own flights and find accommodation. We were offered no care packages which are promised if your flight was delayed, in fact we were offered no help at all. We tried all night to talk to Ryanair through their app which was a total waste of time because we were never connected. We didn't have any children with us but many people did and their accommodation and flights must of been astronomical to rebook. I can not believe how they just dismissed us from their minds. I will think twice before using them again and I will definitely not recommend them to anyone
RouteCorfu to Southend

"Worst airline ever"

(Spain)

Not Verified | Worst airline ever, I have travelled with this airline several times and what applies to a city doesn’t apply to another. It’s supposed to be considered a low cost airline but they look for every possible way to charge you, I had no trouble getting my suitcase on the flight in Madrid airport but they made me pay for it the Canary Islands, I arrived 2 minutes late for boarding today’s flight (28 minutes still for take off), a lady was just in front of me, they let her pass and didn’t let me, said they had already closed. 2 ladies stated that all flights close their doors 30 minutes before departure when we all know that’s a lie. They start boarding 30 minutes before departure. They were very rude and should not work in customer service, it is not meant for everyone.
RouteMadrid to Milán
Date FlownOctober 2021

"bags slightly bigger than the requirements"

(Macedonia)

Not Verified | Because we had 2 bags that were slightly bigger than the requirements, they charged us 92 euros. I had never had problems with that luggage as cabin baggage in other airlines.
RouteBarcelona to Paris Beauvais
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"It was smooth and neat!"

Not Verified | I hadn't been travelling for 2 years since covid. I used to travel a lot but always was flight 'sick'! I hate take-offs and landings and I think that the best take-offs I had in years was on my flight to London! It was smooth and neat! Pilots don't often get to be congratulated on their skills but I do believe that it takes a lot to ensure that the experience on the flight is seamless even with a couple of turbulences! So congrats to the crew for making me want to travel again despite my fears!
RouteLondon to Madrid

"not customer oriented"

Trip Verified | Delays may happens but behavior of Ryanair is not customer oriented. With 3 hours of delay they sent voucher for just 4 euro meal, available only in cafes outside the departure area. And the delay of the departure is declared 2 h and 55 minutes in order not to pay compensation as per EU rules that starts with 3 hours delay.
RouteValencia to Milan

"proffer two thumbs up"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | I returned to Kyiv City (Borispol) from Cracow aboard Ryanair flight FR7262 on the evening of 11 September 2021. Owing to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to complete the check-in process online (due to technical difficulties) prior to my departure for the airport. Arriving at the ticket counter 5 hours before the flight's scheduled departure, I approached the ticketing counter, explained my dilemma to a ticket agent, and with her able and timely assistance was able to implement a work-around on my mobile device which enabled me to eventually obtain my boarding pass. The agent was courteous and patient as she worked to sort out my problem. Ryanair's business model is predicated in hyper efficiency, so traditional "customer service" per se often suffers, and often results in decidedly mixed reviews from travelers. Thankfully, there are exceptions to every rule and it is my pleasure to proffer two thumbs up and a well-deserved Five Star rating for my recent experience.
RouteKyiv to Krakow

"Worse customer service"

Trip Verified | Total disappointment. Flight FR9755 from Vienna to Dubrovnik on Sep 9th, 2021. Arrived 2 to 3 hrs before the flight. There was a very long line of about +100 people at the airport, so as I just had a carry on prepaid luggage I tried to check in online from home, but website was not letting me after multiple attempts. At the airport tried to find a Kiosk to check in, but there was none. Kept trying desperately online with the Ryanair app but it stated online check in was closed, almost 2 to 3 hrs before departure. I had no choice to get on that never ending like. After waiting for almost 2 hrs I finally managed to get to an agent, who was super stressed. She said I should have checked online, so she charged me USD55 per person for checking in at the airport agent. Tried to explain that I tried countless times, even showed her screenshots. Ended up paying 55x3=165 Euros for my family of 3, and almost missed the flight due to the very long time it took to simply check the in. I will definitely never fly on that airline again. Worse customer service I’ve ever experienced.
RouteVienna to Dubrosnik
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Do not book car parking with this company"

Not Verified | Do not book car parking with this company - when they mess it up they refuse to respond to letters, e mails or phone calls. I followed their instructions to write to customer services which I have done so twice, emailed twice and phoned several times but no one responds. They owe me £99 for parking at Stansted that was never prearranged for me despite the deduction from my credit card - their customer service facility is a con and would appear to be non existent apart from a recorded “we are too busy to talk right now” message!
RouteStansted to Shannon