Ryanair

"discriminatory baggage policy"

Trip Verified | Bournemouth to Krakow. Ryanair cabin and ground crew are discriminatory over the baggage policy. On my flights outgoing/incoming I saw non-priority Polish travellers ripping off or covering up yellow tags on "hold" baggage whilst insisting that British travellers put their bags in the hold. Cabin crew ignored Polish women travellers who were abusing the weight limit on bags which did not fit under the seat in front and clearly were heavier than 10kg. Why have a policy at all if they are not prepared to enforce it.
RouteBournemouth to Krakow
Date FlownOctober 2018

"delayed sat on the plane for 2.55h"

Not Verified | Ancona to Stansted. We got delayed and sat on the plane for 2.55hrs. No refreshments have been offered or any form of compensation. The seats are uncomfortable. They charge you for everything, they’d probably charge you to go to the toilet. Their fees are extortionate and exagerated. Entertainment on the plane? Forget about it. Not even a monitor in the middle of aisle to view the GPS. Be careful on their website, before you actually pay for your ticket, they try to sell you extra things, make sure you select “no thanks” if they are not for you. If you buy 2 tickets at the same time, you dont get seats together, you have to pay extra for that. The only way we’ll be using this company again is if there is absolutely no other flight available, i’d rather pay a little extra for a better service and a more comfortable flight.
RouteAncona to Stansted
Date FlownAugust 2018

"55 euros if you check in at the airport"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Malaga. Rubbish airline, it's enough that they charge you extra for a piece of luggage. But they charge an extra 55 euros if you check in at the airport (less than 2 hours in advance). Will be flying with airlines that represent the real costs from now on.
RouteAmsterdam to Malaga
Date FlownOctober 2018

"extra fee for check in"

Trip Verified | Athens to Santorini. Terrible experience ever with Ryanair. Not only they charged me for every single useless services, they were very rude and obnoxious. It all started at the check in counter. They refused to answer questions directly and they were not professional on handling baggage at all. They almost damaged my luggage right in front of me. Even though I paid for every piece of luggage a head of time, at the counter they charged me 49:00€ for the luggage I checked in. To pay that charge she sent me to another counter pointing to a row of counters, refusing to provide information as why I am going there and Ordered me "go there!". Here this, on that counter which I don't know the name, they said we don't know why she didn't explain and they referred me back to her, but before they sent me away and charged me 68.00€ for not checking in ahead. Again rudely they said; "DON'T YOU READ YOUR EMAIL?! WE SENT AN EMAIL THAT IF YOU DON'T CHECK IN AHEAD OF TIME WE WILL CHARGE YOU." It was too close to my departure so I had to run, but at the gate when I checked that reminder, there was no mention of the extra fee for check in.
RouteAthens to Santorini
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I tried to check in online"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I tried checking in to their website days before the flight but it does not give me my boarding pass but it says checked in, when I arrived at the airport I tried to check in online but it won’t let me. They said I can’t check in online now because it’s too late even though the flight is not until 3 hours time, therefore I Paid extra to get the boarding pass and the customer service was useless. Can’t believe how ripoff this airlines are, and how stupid their system is. I wouldn’t recommend this airline to anyone.
RoutePrague to Brussels
Date FlownOctober 2018

"old baggage rules applied"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Bologna from Dublin. Outward departure on time and in-service v good with nice polite staff. Return very prompt and efficient and another on time departure. Again staff very polite, polished and smiling. Bottle of white wine 6 euro and passable. FR flight times are much more palatable than a 5.45 am departure with EI, its a shame they dont fly over the Winter period. Since it is not Nov 1st the old baggage rules applied but I saw a couple ripping off their yellow tags as they got on the plane and putting them inside the cabin which is not really fair play. All in all a good quality product that got me from A to B.
RouteDublin to Bologna
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Staff friendly and smiling"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Athens to Thessaloniki. Ryanair operations have moved to the satellite terminal of Athens airport, which is a far walk, however it makes boarding a much better experience, as there is more space and it is done by walking to the planes instead of using buses. Flight on time, arrival ahead of schedule, even if it was on of the last flights of the day, about 80% full. Very cheap ticket (15€), although someone needs to be careful, as this airline attempts to add a lot of costs to the client - one needs to keep that in mind when purchasing a fare. Staff was friendly and smiling. Only thing I can fault the airline was that they kept the sign to have the belt on, for the whole duration of this short flight (40'), which was uncomfortable. There was no turbulence or bad weather, so I suspect it was to facilitate the procedures. Otherwise a pretty good basic flight.
RouteAthens to Thessaloniki
Date FlownOctober 2018

"particularly nice and attentive"

Not Verified | On Monday 17/9/2018 evening flight from Rome to Dublin. While the seats are very cramped and not supportive of good back, neck or leg posture the cabin crew that evening made up for the discomfort, the young staff particularly nice and attentive, one young man especially, Italian I think.
RouteRome to Dublin
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"horrendous customer service"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Gatwick. Absolutely horrendous customer service at the airport. We booked through kiwi.com, and had a connection in Dublin. However the first leg of the flight was late due (of course), and we didnt have nearly enough time to get to our second flight. The security line at Dublin airport was extremely long, so we asked the Ryanair desk for help. The woman behind the counter was incredibly rude, and just looked at me and said run. She would not help us get through security. So we had to beg people in line and sprint to the gate. The only reason we made the flight was because it was also late. It was a terrible panic. The Ryanair staff in Dublin airport were incredibly rude and dismissive.
RouteDublin to Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2018

"an overall okay experience"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Rome to Barcelona. I flew a round trip with Ryanair recently in September 2018. The first trip was not very good, it was Rome to Barcelona taking off at midnight. The flight was delayed 1.5 hours and by the time I got there public transportation was finished and I had to pay for a taxi to my hotel. Also all throughout the flight, the most annoying part were the flight attendants. Nobody else was talking except for them, chatting with each other the entire time about their boyfriends. Very unprofessional. The second time coming back was actually very good. The flight was schedule to depart at 6:30am and it boarded and left and arrived exactly on time. The flight attendants were fine and professional. I guess the key is to choose the first Ryanair flight that leaves first thing in the morning. That way their airplanes are already on the ground and finished their maintenance checks. Their schedules are so packed that if one flight gets delayed during the day, it creates a domino effect that delays every subsequent flight. In conclusion, pretty good value. I had an overall okay experience. Just remember that they will probably be delayed and to make sure that you compensate for this delay for your arrival destination. Make sure you know how to get to your hotel cheaply if it gets super delayed. I would fly again. Oh and don't forget to online check in and print your boarding pass and pay for any check luggage ahead of time.
RouteRome to Barcelona