Ryanair

"seat is everything but comfortable"

(Mexico)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Rome with Ryanair. Horrible experience, the boarding process was terrible, two lines next to the bathrooms and to a stair. In the plane it was a mess to get to your place. The seat is everything but comfortable even for a short flight, in our case less than 2 hours. The cabin crew were so rude. Finally our landing was terrible. I don’t recommend this airline.
RouteBarcelona to Rome
Date FlownOctober 2019

"pay extra for everything"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Belfast. Horrid staff and customer service. Make you pay extra for everything incl carry on bags, seats and check-in. Ended up paying the exact amount as of the return ticket fare for just checking in prior to the flight. Plus the security check guys messed up capturing my baby's image which made us miss the boarding call by 2 minutes. The staff did not allow us to board the flight because the gate was closing and we were asked to wait and later said they wouldn't allow us to board.
RouteManchester to Belfast

"Be careful with them"

Not Verified | In Pescara, we paid twice to check in our luggage. Shameful I'll never fly again with Ryanair. If i do, I will take my precautions. Be careful with them.
RouteLondon to Pescara

"What a rip off"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Marrakesh. Never again will I fly with Ryanair. What a rip off! You pay for absolutely everything I checked in and was hoping to be seated with my family. My husband had to sit with our 2-year-old. I sat with my daughter who has fear of flying and even then I had to beg someone to swap seats with my son. Sat at the back of the plane, the cabin crew were awful and useless no customer service whatsoever. I asked for my baby’s milk to be warmed and was snapped at saying they don’t have this facility yet the other member of staff heated it for me. On our return they were out of milk so when I paid £3 for my coffee they had no milk because it was their last trip as if that’s my fault. Crew members are rude and arrogant. When we asked to be seated together we were asked to pay extra and even then our seats were not guaranteed. We had to pay extra for baggage considering we had kids travelling with us there was just no consideration very strict with luggage going into the hold and what can go in the overhead. This airline is not very lenient and doesn’t work out very cheap at the end.
RouteManchester to Marrakesh
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"7 of us missed the flight"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Thessaloniki. The worst ever. I will never ever waste my money and board this flight again. Stuff so rude, no manners at all. The Manager on the 8th, 4.55pm flight to Thessaloniki was way out of order, 7 of us missed the flight and she made it a point that we were not going anywhere. They never announced our names.
RouteStansted to Thessaloniki

"Worst airport experience"

Trip Verified | Madrid to Porto. Worst airport experience I've ever had. I will preface this by saying I checked in almost 24hrs before my flight and that I have only ever missed a flight once before and United airlines got me on another flight no problem, no fee. I understand that it's your responsibility to not "miss your flight" but when I arrived one rep tried to respond to my distress and I believed was berated by another worker in Spanish and then worker became rude to me, one word answers, pointing to arbitrary directions. The next person I spoke to was also rude, I asked about my options and was only given 100Euro exchange of flight option. I asked to speak to a supervisor who essentially threw a pre-written customer service paper at me. I explained that I would just like help and would prefer to do it at the airport. He walked away and I had to follow him and ask again for a number. He again was short and pointed in a direction just saying "there". At this point I was very upset because customer service usually responds with sympathy and kindness even if nothing can be done. I waited in line and the initial female I spoke to was avoiding me. I had to insist on receiving a number from the other male rep who reluctantly gave me an incorrect number and did nothing further to help me after I showed him it didn't work. I had to search up a correct number online and at least the rep on the phone was more reasonable, but I will never ever fly Ryanair again. The cheaper fees are made up in baggage fees. You are locked in once you make a purchase which was terrible because I would have rather paid 200 Euros extra to completely change to an airline that actually cares about their customers. Furthermore, I missed this flight due to confusion on Ryanair airs website and the language barrier. They should provide better instructions to the ridiculous setup at the airport, make it easier to find or provide a general direct address if possible! Lastly, they should actually try to help people and explain things in a reasonable way, preferably with more than one word answers. They're response was not due to language, they were rude from the boarding desk, to the help desk, and the supervisor was the worst of it.
RouteMadrid to Porto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"luggage policy is unbelievable"

Trip Verified | London Stansted to Barcelona with Ryanair. They make you pay even for the air you breathe, their luggage policy is unbelievable. If you think you pay less with this airline be aware that at the end of the day you will pay more, trust me.
RouteLondon Stansted to Barcelona

"The worst airline ever"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Kiev. The worst airline ever. Be extremely careful with everything they could potentially take additional charges for. Number one - online check-in. They lure people to miss online check-in by any means and they charge an insane price for airport check-in. Other than that the service and planes are very poor. On my 4hours flight, they didn't even serve water. Seats are extremely uncomfortable.
RouteBarcelona to Kiev
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I've had to buy a new ticket"

Trip Verified | The online booking system by Ryanair was causing random issues for me and they deny their faults. On booking this trip for November 2019, I've used the pre-defined flyers information saved in my settings and everything seemed alright upon payment. The confirmation email however was showing my family name as name of the main passenger (despite using the pre-defined passenger information as said), making it impossible to "correct spelling mistakes for free". I did call the customer service, and for two times the line was cut mysteriously making me spend additional 13 euros for a phone call, just to be told it's my fault that I didn't check that everything was alright before paying. I've had to buy a new ticket because it was cheaper than paying the fee for changing the passenger name. Of course they didn't want to refund the unused ticket either. Again, I was booking a flight for another person and added a checked-in baggage for an extra price of 50 Euros (25 per flight). I did check again that everything was alright when paying, and the confirmation email showed that I was only charged 49 euros (instead of 120) and the baggage was not added. Of course adding it at a later stage means paying 80 euros instead of 50.
RouteNaples to Frankfurt Hahn
Date FlownNovember 2019

"disappointed with this company"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | Dublin to Glasgow, the flight took 40 min but waiting time in the plane before the take off was 1 hour and half with no opportunity to get water (crew explained they could use a bar only during the flight) or use the toilet. Not all of crew members were nice and polite. On the way back we didn't success in time to do online check-in (our fault, I agree) but we've been just 7 min late to do it. Where is the loyalty? We payed 60 euro for each person just to get a boarding pass. That's crazy! Does in any other company a boarding pass can cost more then a ticket? We are very disappointed with this company, their rules and will not use their service ever again. Better to pay more or fly with a stop than be treated like that.
RouteDublin to Glasgow