Ryanair

Customer rating from 1915 reviews

"extra fee for the checking-in"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Not a nice situation with the extra fee for the checking-in at the airport. It is true that the information about the additional costs at the airport is included in the carrier's regulations, but the ground officer at check-in point did not inform about the additional fee. I wanted to check in my luggage which was previously purchased but it was invisible in his system. He asked me for a credit card, He said it is necessary to check if the baggage was actually purchased, it resulted from the conversation. Unfortunately, I didn't ask if he just wanted to check a baggage fee. Then he issued a bill, as it turned out, he did not check the baggage fee, it was just a fee for checking in at the airport. So, my bad i didn't check the regulations but I ask why personal does not inform about additional fees, costs etc.
RouteCatania to Cracow
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Jet2 has my business in future"

Trip Verified | Ryanair totally mislead with bookings while Coronovirus is going on. Says you can cancel and rebook at no extra cost but totally misleading. Try to change booking and you are charged a great deal more. I booked to go September 2020 to Malaga but with government changes and so therefore not covered with insurance it was to dangerous to go. My friends booked Jet2 and were refunded straight away. I will not book Ryanair in future and I fly 3/4 times a year, now Jet2 has my business in future and I do not think I will be the only person deciding this.
RouteBirmingham to Malaga
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"I was charged the rebooking fee"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Earlier this year I booked a return flight from Paphos to Stansted. One sector was cancelled and I was offered a free rebooking. With the onset of the pandemic I rebooked for September. The system would not let me rebook just the one sector and charged me a rebooking fee for the sector which had not been cancelled. Fast forward to today; flight back from Stansted cancelled; offered free rebooking. Assured repeatedly on the Ryanair app that the rebooking fee would not be charged at the end of the process. Surprise surprise! I was charged the rebooking fee for the outbound flight, which I had not changed. Moral of the story is to make each sector under a separate booking. Or choose another airline.
RoutePaphos to Stansted
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"cabin crew were fantastic"

Not Verified | Bag drop at Edinburgh efficient but staff miserable. On board both ways the cabin crew were fantastic. Polite professional and nothing was too much trouble. Handling at Tenerife also excellent. Quick and efficient. Would recommend.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteEdinburgh to Tenerife
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Have never experienced such bad customer service"

Not Verified | The worst customer service ever especially in Poland. Arrived to Poland with two paid cabin bag (have been travelling with the same bags for the past no of years) but on my return apparently one of those bag was "too big" and I was asked to pay double to take it on board. Extremely rude staff. Have never experienced such bad customer service. Not to mention that Ryanair owns my money for 4 cancelled flights since March. The flight was on 29/8/20 from Modlin, Poland to Dublin, Ireland. I was ripped off and had to pay crazy money for a laptop bag. The bag was perfectly fine five days earlier while I was travelling to Poland. I hope that the operator will not survive the Covid restrictions as Ireland desperately need a decent airlines (it's a pity that Aer Lingus do not fly to all destinations).
RouteDublin to Warsaw

"This is fraud!"

Trip Verified | After Covid-19 I requested a refund of my money, then after a month they sent me an email saying that I got a voucher and if I want a refund I need to ask for it. I didnt ask again since I had already asked for a refund and the request was accepted. Now on August I find out that I was never in a queue for a refund, and their excuse is that they asked me that if I want a refund I had to ask for it! This is fraud! Now I have to wait for a refund like I just asked for it, waiting for a queue again! In addition, I bought a travel insurance for my flights, and after covid 19 cancellations, Ryannair informed me that they will refund the flight cost excluding the travel insurance cost. Their response was that because I could use the travel insurance for compensation. But then, when I asked if I can get compensation, they told me that according to the terms and conditions, I cannot get compensation for the cancellation. So they kept the insurance amount, even though there is no way to use the travel insurance! I imagine how much money they made from the travel insurance of milions of travelers that never used this travel insurance!
RouteManchester to Rhodes
Date FlownJune 2020

"Blatantly deceiving their customers"

Trip Verified | Blatantly deceiving their customers into thinking they are protected with new bookings with free amendments but it’s all lies. If you go to book the flight outright it is half the price of the flight when you are changing it to a new one. So they aren’t officially charging a change fee but it is absorbed in the new flight price. Just shady and misleading. =
RouteDublin to Luton
Date FlownAugust 2020

"airline is an absolute disgrace"

Trip Verified | This airline is an absolute disgrace, the treatment of customers is truly awful, we have had issues with 3 flights this year, I appreciate that corona virus has caused massive problems across many industries, non more so than the travel industry but the complete and utter disregard shown for its customers by Ryanair is nothing short of unbelievable. This year alone they have told a party of 7 that they could either change there flight date or receive a full refund due to a Covid related issue, we selected the refund but did not receive anything, when we contacted them again they said that they could not give a refund but could change the flights, which we then agreed to, again we heard nothing further and the flights did not change, once again we contacted them and they said that they could not change the flights and we would have to wait for a refund, after several more conversations we ended up changing the flights. These flights were booked to attend a family wedding and the revised flights had us returning early morning the day after the flight, we have logged onto the app tonight to check all the details to find that the return flight has been changed and they have not made any attempt to inform us. The return flight are now 30 minutes before the wedding was due to begin. When we were told for the second time that we would have to apply for a refund we were also told that no refunds would be paid out until the corona virus pandemic had ended. On a separate flight for the honeymoon of said wedding we have spent literally 3 full days waiting to talk to a member of the team on the live chat only to be left sat in the queue all day on each occasion. We regularly travel between Manchester and Naples to visit family and this is the only airline which flys regular direct routes between the 2 airports or I can assure you, we would never fly with this company again. I cannot express in words what a poor excuse for a company they are and my dealings with them have left me feeling that there should be much more stringent rules and regulations governing how airlines operate, I can’t think of any other business where you could change what you are selling to a customer and not be liable to pay them back in full immediately. If you have any other options for flights to any destination in the world then I would strongly recommend you take them as this company does not care for its customers in any way and will offer no help of something goes wrong with your travel plans. Words are really not strong enough to describe what a terribly run organisation this is.
RouteManchester to Naples
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Their arrogance is stunning"

Not Verified | I have flown Ryanair 20+ times and generally felt I got what I paid for. Never again unless there is absolutely no alternative. My May 12 flight to Murcia was cancelled on April 27 (as expected). I immediately requested refund which was acknowledged saying processing within 20 working days and in my bank 5-7 working days later. It’s now August 23 and my money is still in Ryanair’s bank. It is impossible to talk to customer service, I’ve never had a reply from their online chat service (once ignored for 27 hours before I needed to use computer for something else) and the website is full lies. By contrast Jet 2 paid out promptly for a cancelled March flight. During lockdown I have made 4 flight bookings for holidays in 2o21 (ever hopeful), not one with Ryanair. Their arrogance is stunning and if they think this customer is going to forget they are wrong. They are now the airline of last resort.
RouteBirmingham to Murcia
Date FlownMay 2020

"still haven't received a refund"

Not Verified | Ryanair has been the worst in dealing with the fallout of the COVID-19 pandemic. I booked a flight for 3 May, and still haven't received a refund on 21 August. I get that the pandemic is hugely disrupting but other airlines are doing so much better in quickly refunding canceled flights. I haven't even heard from them since the initial email about canceling my flight. There is an update on their website about how they are doing with their cancellation backlog but it's clearly bogus. It hasn't been updated since it's creation and the things it states are untrue. In the beginning, Ryanair has been pushing vouchers on their customers who asked for refunds, and made it as hard as possible to contact them (it's still next to impossible). I guess this is exactly the case of getting what you pay for. Sure Ryanair is cheap but you have to deal with things like this. The seats are tiny. Last time the lady checking boarding passes and passports had the enthusiasm and courtesy of an off day part-time student worker. I have never been on any Ryanair flight that had Wifi.
RouteBudapest to Manchester