Rwandair

"first and last experience"

Trip Verified | Nairobi to Kinshasa via Kigali. This was my first and last experience. The plane seems consistently late for boarding. 30% of passengers had to file a baggage claim and over 50 bags sent on our flight were left unclaimed. They were for previous passengers. T Still awaiting my bag 3 days later!
RouteNairobi to Kinshasa via Kigali
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Very disappointing experience"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Lagos via Kigali. My first time flying with Rwandair was a worst experience ever that l received from any airline. On the 21 December 2019 the aircraft had to leave at 3am we ended up leaving OR Tambo airport in JHB at 6:30am. Delays do happen but what was so disappointing not even an sms was sent to notify us about the delay. What was worst as you check in nobody tells you about the delay, as soon as they finished checking us in we were told there was a 3 hour delay. Would it has been more professional if we were told before check in.Besides me and my 2 kids l had another 7 family members on board that l convinced that lets try Rwandair for the first time. Finally we left, as we were collecting out luggage in Lagos some of our luggage was left in JHB, l was on my way to Benin City which costed me to come back the following day for my luggage, all they say we are sorry about the delay. We stayed like fools at OR Tambo. We pay for our fares we need to be treated with dignity and respect. When we finally got to Kigali we were rushed with the announcement this is the final call for Lagos passengers, they could have made arrangements with customs that we go through first because they knew about the delay way early. The immigration slips were not even supplied during flight from OR Tambo we wasted more time completing that upon arrival in Kigali. Very disappointing experience.
RouteJohannesburg to Lagos via Kigali

"Horrible flight experience"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Kigali to Nairobi. Horrible flight experience. The flight was delayed in JHB and then on arriving at Kigali, we had to wait for another 4hrs. Sad that no one seemed to care about the customers. We had kids and nothing at the airport is kids friendly. On arrival to Nairobi, the flight supervisor was so mean to my wife while trying to help our infant. Really disappointed as flying via Rwandair was my favorite route. Now am dreading my return flight to JHB via Kigali again.
RouteKigali to Nairobi

"Worst ever flight"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Tel Aviv via Kigali. Worst ever flight - first and last time with Rwanda air. Delays of 2- 6 hours unexplained. No customer care at that delay time. Broke luggage - thoroughly broken and missing parts. Old plane, broken seat,no entertainment beside a Pakistani movie in a loop. Food is an Insult for airline food. Staff is friendly but need lots of training. Never again.
RouteCape Town to Tel Aviv via Kigali
Date FlownDecember 2019

"This airline is sickening"

(Kenya)

Trip Verified | Nairobi to Accra via Kigali. True to the word cheap is expensive. First of all they lost a wedding gift and hence causing a great inconvenience to my plans. This is after crew at Kigali insisted that it had to go to the luggage cabin, Kigali to Accra, yet we had carried it perfectly fine as hand luggage from Nairobi. Second, someone broke into my suitcase damaging it and if that is not enough you have the audacity to attach a security check ticket. They broke my designer perfume, begs the question whether the check was based on security purposes or pure malice. This airline is sickening and the last time I’m using it. Totally disappointed client.
RouteNairobi to Accra via Kigali

"don't use this airline"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Douala via Kigali. I regret ever flying with them. I booked to travel and something came up and I have to cancel my trip. They said they can pay me back but I can open the ticket and use it in future which I did. Now I want to use it they are asking for more money more than the total money I paid before. My advice to people out there is this don't use this airline.
RouteDubai to Douala via Kigali
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Horrible experience"

Trip Verified | London to Kinshasa via Kigali. More than 2 hours late with hard to explain poor customer service. We have been lied to multiple times about our departure. Our bags were intentionally left in Kigali and the number provided for lost property is not answering. We found other people’s bags on the floor at the airport in Kinshasa. I have to admit that RwandAir is a company that I won’t ever fly unless it is the only company. Horrible experience
RouteLondon to Kinshasa via Kigali
Date FlownOctober 2019

"awful and disappointing"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Nairobi via Kigali. What an awful and disappointing thing it was my first time to travel with Rwandair from Dubai to Kenya I arrived and I was looking and waiting my luggage for more than 3 hours and even after waiting it was all in vain. I called the main office and the gentleman who picked my calls had the guts to say there is no way he can help me I called several times and different people all they could do its to refer me to others and those that were also referred to me dint help it's so annoying I used a lot of my phone balance and dint receive any updates I also wrote an email and it ended up unreplied I have been trying to call the office even today morning but it seems something happened in between my flight and I would really have appreciated if someone could have told me am not allowed to carry any baggage rather than buying my things and they checked them in and they dint send them with me questions are what kind of services do you offer if the company cannot take the issues of their clients seriously right now I have missed a lot of things I was supposed to be doin . Before I forget thanks to cabin crews all the way from Dubai they were so nice and kind so all the good things I had seen was spoiled at the last minute. I wish I knew I shouldn't have spent my money buying items which was not delivered due to carelessness of the company. I would really have appreciated if you could have informed everyone on board that they wont get there luggage
RouteDubai to Nairobi via Kigali
Date FlownJuly 2019

"my ticket was changed multiple time"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Johannesburg with Rwandair. I had the longest flight ever, my ticket was changed multiple times, the ticket itself did not say we stopped in Lushaka as well. My luggage was lost with presents in for my family and have not heard anything about retrieval.
RouteDubai to Johannesburg
Date FlownJuly 2019

"suitcases had been broken"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Hubby and I travelled via Rwandair for the first time from Johannesburg to Lagos via Kigali, upon arriving at Lagos, discovered our suitcases had been broken with all our valuables stolen. Made complains but no positive response yet.
RouteJohannesburg to Kigali