Royal Jordanian Airlines

"Disgusting crew service"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Amman. Disgusting crew service, I was with a small child and asked for warm water for the formula, instead, they brought me just cold water from a bottle. A lot of passengers pressed the call button several times, but no one came. instead, the flight attendants just sat and chatted behind the curtain. I had to go for drinks ourselves.
RouteMoscow to Amman
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"attendants are practically invisible"

Trip Verified | The Boeing 787 is relatively new and the economy seats have great legroom. The food quality is decent and the time between meals is not too long. But don't board the flight super hungry as the food might not be enough. Inflight entertainment is decent and provides enough options to kill time on a long flight. Amman airport is modern and has so decent food options. Also the Petra lounge is very nice and doesn't get very crowded. If you have a tight connection they may hold the flight for you. Luggage made the connection. Amman airport is very poorly organized. There is a serious lack of professionalism. Upon arrival there is an initial security screening for connecting passengers. It looks as though this security station was shoved into a hallway without the architect's knowledge. The line is chaotic and nobody has thought to add ropes. They also don't communicate what is going on so most passengers are unsure of where to go or what to do. Also, passengers travelling to the US & Canada have to have their passports and visas checked before passing security. But when I was there one of the two agents working this counter abruptly left. Leaving about 100 passengers with tight connections in a panic. Nobody communicated anything about what was going on. For US & Canada flights there is yet another security station. And here too nobody has thought about adding ropes to organize the line up. Note this is the third line you have to wait in when connecting. Despite having not appropriately resourced the airport to handle large volumes, for some reason they schedule multiple US & Canada flights within 30 mins of each other. So the 800 or so passengers totally overwhelm the airport facilities during high season. The flight attendants are practically invisible when a meal is not being served. They just lounge in the galley at the back. You need to use the call button to get any service but they seem to resent you for disturbing them when you do so. There are long periods of time (up to 4 hours) between meals where no drinks are served. On most other long haul airlines the cabin crew will walk the aisles to pass around cups of water every few hours. It took almost two hours to remove the meal trays from the seats. They seem to keep the cabin quite war which makes the lack of water problem much more acute.
RouteDubai to Montreal via Amman
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Ticket is among cheapest"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur. The service is okay. Cabin is clean. Meal is good. Ticket is among cheapest. The Cabin crew is not so friendly.
RouteBangkok to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2019

"TV screen is not working well"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | My trip with my spouse and daughter from Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. 2-hour flight with Royal Jordanian B787-8. The plane is a bit old and the TV screen is not working well. Aircrew with poor service and attitude. The worst is when they provide food. Normally they will ask to open the folding table or they will open for us then only serve the food but this airline they will only leave the food tray to our hand, even the folding table does not open yet. This the first airline I had such experience.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2019

"discomfort caused by 9-abreast 787 seating"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Bangkok. While a hot meal is served despite the 2-hour duration, Royal Jordanian Airlines does not offer a choice. What they do offeris real cutlery and a full bar. Legroom is generous on this aircraft, even though that doesn't really compensate for the discomfort caused by the 9-abreast Boeing 787 seating. On my seat, the touchscreen was malfunctioning and misreading touch inputs. This meant that even as I wasn't doing anything, the map view was constantly shifting around and settings were being changed all the time. Passengers on certain sectors can be insufferable. In this case, be prepared when you fly Royal Jordanian Airlines for passengers to incessantly and vociferously demand attention from the FAs (in some cases, interjecting while the FAs are about to or in the midst of serving you). I had to contend with this on both the outbound and inbound legs.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2019

"had the worst experience with them"

Trip Verified | Amman to London. We had the worst experience with them. Very bad service. Me and my wife were put in seats apart. Very bad meals, never flying with them again. Personally I don’t recommend it.
RouteAmman to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I had a bad experience"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Cairo via Amman. I had a bad experience very bad service and very bad customer service. When I booked my ticket there was no any information indicating that how many bags luggage you suppose to take. So I was under the impression of taking two bags. However, they only allowed for one bag and I had to pay $300 for the second one. It was rape off. This happened with a lot of other people. People were so made at this, and no body cares. In addition to the service and the food were not good at all. Not recommended.
RouteChicago to Cairo via Amman

"No Customer Service"

Trip Verified | My luggage was lost 8 Aug 19 from Chicago to Amman. No Customer Service in trying to locate and return it to me. It took me 7 weeks to get anyone at Royal Jordanian to answer any phone calls or emails. Their "Customer Service" phone system simply keeps looping you from 1 recorded message to another then hangs up on you!. At 2 months to the day, my luggage appears on my doorstep at home at 0300 while I am out on the road. At a little over 3 months to the day, along with more than 200 emails and phone attempts, they offer compensation of less than 20% of my incurred expenses having to deal with their incompetence.
RouteChicago to Amman
Date FlownAugust 2019

"airline with very bad service"

Trip Verified | Amman to Cairo. I arrived in Cairo in nov 6 to find out my luggage was no where to be found. They made me fill out a form Where I needed to buy an Egyptian sim so they can call me. I emailed them the documents as instructed. Ever since then no one has replied to my calls or emails. My tour guide was able to get through somehow. They delivered me a bag but it was not mine But with my name. It’s been 5 days since I arrived and I have called them every day and emailed them continuously. Still no reply. I had to resort to commenting in their social media to get their attention and I finally got a reply and now they are replying but even then nothing has been escalated. Definitely an airline with very bad service I would not recommend.
RouteAmman to Cairo

"Very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Aqaba to Larnaca via Amman. Very bad experience with Royal Jordanian. I had my return flight canceled and I've never get a refund for that. Furthermore had to book another ticket with another company by my own! They never replied to my numerous email asking for help. I've never seen that. I don't recommend the company at all.
RouteAqaba to Larnaca via Amman