Royal Jordanian Airlines

"I will avoid at any cost"

Not Verified | Flying Business class to present work at Dubai Expo. My connection in Amman was short, I asked them at the transfer would you be able to load my bag. The answer was of course. They delayed my bag, no updates, I keep calling airport after every RJ flight arrives to Dubai, no luck. I am still stranded at the hotel with nothing. The strange part when I call them they keep in hold for 45 min the respond we will send your bag ASAP. I will avoid at any cost even if the alternative airlines has 3 connections.
RouteDetroit to dubai via Amman
Date FlownOctober 2021

"very rude and disrespectful"

Trip Verified | Staff were very rude and disrespectful, it was very bad experience. I was asking them some stuff in English language they was replying me in Arabic and I have no idea what they talking about. No screen on the plane, no USB charge, all USB charger was broken in Amman Airport.
RouteLondon to Erbil via Amman
Date FlownAugust 2021

"I don't recommend it at all"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | This is my first time travelling with RJ and for sure my last, i called the flight attendee to help me with the chair because the head moved out totally and i couldn’t fix it. He said I'm coming and ignored me all the flight. And my booking was with a snack/ brunch and no one served any one anything. Royal Jordanian is the worst airline anyone can book. I don't recommend it at all.
RouteAmman to Istanbul

"Seats are too small"

Not Verified | Seats are too small for a straight 12 hour flight. Food is not the best. Plane just looks outdated. It was definitely not the most comfortable flight I’ve been on just because there is no leg room and the person in front of me kept putting their seat all the way back, they were literally sleeping on my lap. Also no WIFI
Date FlownAugust 2021

"staff went on to say that the card was fake"

Trip Verified | Today my wife and and two sons 10 and 13 who are US citizens had the worst experience with Royal Jordanian Airlines. My wife and two boys were flying out of AMM to Sharm. As my family arrived to the ticket counter my wife presented the boys PCR tests and the CDC vaccine card showing that my wife had been vaccinated. The staff went on to say that the card was fake and that she can’t take it. My wife called me immediately and I called customer service and was told that their staff is wrong and the CDC card is good enough. Here are the rules from the RJ site going into Sharm . PCR test before travelling: - Either a negative PCR test result 72 hours prior arrival, except children less than 06 years- Or a certificate of vaccination provided to conduct a PCR test upon arrival at Sharm El.Sheikh with a cost of 30 USD Fully Vaccinated Passengers: Vaccinations certificates proving that full course of vaccination has been completed issued from the following countries are approved: (Australia, Bahrain, Canada, China, EU Countries, Japan, Jordan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Morocco, New Zealand, Oman, Qatar, Russia, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunis, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and USA). The vaccination certificate shall be in the Arabic or English language only and presented to airline personnel prior to boarding. My wife tried everything and was forced to stay behind and our boys went on with their Aunt leaving their mother behind. My wife then left the airport went and got her PCR test and was forced to purchase a one way ticket from a different airline to be able to go on her trip and meet with our boys and her sister. Once back At the counter it was different people helping her. My wife presented her passport and CDC card again just to see what they say and they looked at the card and issued het boarding pass. To my wife’s shock she said I was told I needed a PCR test and here it is and to her shock she was told we don’t need a PCR test from you or even need to see it because you already showed us your CDC card. It was obvious that the staff intended to prevent my wife from not leaving at the time and forced the separation of a mother and her 10 year old and 13 year old sons. My wife asked for a supervisor many times and kept getting the run around which is always thicker with the employees of RJ at Amman Airport. I tried calling the RJ offices and was on the phone for 45 min with a rep continued to give me the run around who refused to give me her last name or even transfer me to a supervisor!
RouteAmman to Sharm El Sheikh
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I was fully reclined all throughout the flight"

Trip Verified | Believe the reviews. Because I didn't. I thought how bad can it be, but it was so bad I can't describe. Incompetent ground staff, a 24 hour delay with no communication and wrong information all throughout. My flights were booked on top end airlines that codeshare with RJ, and my goodness, disaster at the airport both in Paris and in Amman. To top it up, my seat was exit seat, and broken, I was fully reclined all throughout the flight. It wouldn't sit upright, great safety for an exit seat.
RouteParis to Amman
Date FlownJune 2021

"never choose this airline again"

Not Verified | I was surprised by what happened to me during my flight from Paris to Beirut, the first of which was the delay of take-off to Amman by two hours, which put us in the possibility of missing the flight from Amman to Beirut, and secondly, I was insulted at Amman Airport by one of the employees at the boarding gate as He arrested me without justification or explanation after I arrived at the plane 15 minutes before departure of the flight (because the first plane was delayed) and his reason was an error in the system which I was not responsible of since I already have my boarding pass. At the end, few minutes before the plane took off, his mood allowed him to leave me alone, and this made me feel insulted and nervous. I will never choose this airline again!
RouteParis to Lebanon via Amman
Date FlownJune 2021

"not recommend flying with them"

Not Verified | Very bad experience, they did not keep distance between passengers. They sold out the flight, I believe they measured the temperature of the passengers upon boarding the flight in an inaccurate way and the meal on flight was a cup of water a 150 ml juice. Inflight entertainment system did not work, the crew did not answer me when I requested them. In conclusion, very expensive flight for short airtime and a bad experience. Would not recommend flying with them.
RouteIstanbul to Amman
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Jeddah to Chicago via Amman. Very bad experience, the workers in this airline are not polite,they over charged me on the 2nd luggage. When I get to the airport I got charged $250 and no body to talk to. In their website it is 200$ but they make me pay 250$. Bad service in the grand and air, bad experience.
RouteJeddah to Chicago via Amman
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"it is tired and frayed"

(Jordan)

Trip Verified | Flew Amman to Istanbul with Royal Jordanian Airlines. The business lounge has been upgraded. Now has decent food and coffee and clean toilets. The same cannot be said for the aircraft. Unfortunately, like a lot of their fleet now, it is tired and frayed. All TV screens were removed from the aircraft (the stem was there and exposed wires in the seat). See my photo. Appalling for the premium for business class that you pay. We were told to use RJ sky Connect app to use the entertainment system. Which might have been good had a usb charger been included in the seat.
RouteAmman to Istanbul