Royal Jordanian Airlines

"Fees for everything"

Trip Verified | Worst Airline ever with their customer service. Fees for everything. it was about $1000 fees to be able to just change the flight day because I had an emergency case to travel earlier. And no convenient option for cancelling at all! No full refund and not even a credit option. The only option was to leave the ticket on hold for a fee of $270. This is ridiculous and waste of money. with all the extra fees, another cheaper flight can be purchased. it's the last time for me to travel with this airline.
RouteChicago to Jeddah via Amman
Date FlownDecember 2021

"worst service in our lives"

Not Verified | Wife and I flew here back in May and just the other day. Lost luggage 2 pieces x5 days. Thus time 2x pieces luggage now counting 3rd day. Cannot say the customer service is awful because when you are rarely able to reach anyone you get the run around no responsibility, no professionalism, no accountability. I could go on about the flights themselves yet would take far too long here. Been traveling globally for 40 years and we have never seen and had to experience worst service in our lives. Yet, they have the audacity to charge outrageous prices and their idea of excellence is simply getting you there in one piece alive. Pitiful, pathetic, incredulous to describe briefly! STAY AWAY, you will be denied access to water on the plane and the food is inedible to say the least. Didn't even have a boarding pass for our connection out of Paris.
RouteAtlanta to Paris via Amman
Date FlownOctober 2022

"pay for a flatbed, get cramped upright seat"

Trip Verified | Never ever book and pay for a flatbed on Royal Jordanian. They advertise a flatbed. You pay for a flatbed, and they give you a cramped upright seat on a dirty old A320. It is a scam because you have no recourse and no way to change flights or ask for a refund due to the late notice of aircraft change being provided. We had a long flight from Rome to Bangkok and we booked RJ, especially and only because they advertised a flatbed on a new 787. Less than 24 hours before departure we got an email, you have an aircraft change to a short haul A320, with cramped uprights seats. I phoned their reservation centre who are hopeless and couldn't understand what the problem was. Ground staff and the cabin crew had no interest in the problem and besides what could they do. Look at flight data they do this regularly, sell with the promise of a flat bed on a new aircraft and then swap out an old A320 the day prior with pax having no recourse and due to the last-minute change, no ability to seek other flight options. Do not trust them. Do not waste your money. Oh, and by the way in their own business lounge, you have to pay $25 for a shower. And the food was inedible. Not why we chose them, we wanted a flatbed, but all up, they are APPALLING. Not one aspect of the experience was worthy of a single point 0/10 for everything.
RouteRome to Bangkok via Amman

"avoid at all cost"

Trip Verified |  Royal Jordanian had decided to change my flight last minute to one that is 6 hours earlier! I have a booking from Royal Jordanian airlines for a 12 hours layover. They suddenly put me on an earlier flight cutting short my layover to 5h 50 minutes which was ridiculous as I had paid extra for the longer layover and had plans to see the city otherwise I would have never fly through Jordan or take their airlines. In any case, they do not want to provide any refund and I find it absoutely ridiclous that I essentially paid $200 more and spent 6 hours more just because of some stupid last minute change and they didnt even offered any reasons or compensation. ridiculous service, avoid at all cost
RouteCairo to Kuwait via Amman

"a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | My flight from London to Amman and the return flight were all good. Clean comfortable plane, half full on the outbound flight and full on the return. Polite friendly cabin crew. The flights left and arrived on time. Choice of hot meal. Basic but ok entertainment system. I couldn't fault them and they compared very favourably with British Airways who now only serve a bottle of water and a bag of crisps on this route which, for a 5 hour flight arriving into Amman after midnight, is outrageous. All in all a pleasant experience
RouteLondon to Amman
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"a pathetic group of liars"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | After checking in and checking a bag on my return flight to Rome, via Amman Jordan, Royal Jordanian most likely canceled the flight and left many of us sitting at the gate, where there never was a plane at the end of the "passenger walkway" nor any boarding done at the deserted embarkation desk, at the time of boarding and departure. They then ridiculously claimed That I had missed the "boarding call" for flight RJ735, sitting right in front of the Gate. They are a pathetic group of liars. Now they are refusing to refund the unused part of my ticket and cost of flight on Qatar Airways I incurred to get Home.
RouteRome to Riyadh via Amman
Date FlownJune 2022

"The absolute worst round trip"

Not Verified | The absolute worst round trip from Los Angeles to Amman in my life. The service is horrible on both ends. From the start of the trip until I arrived and the same coming back. Cancellation and non organization. Just chaos. They tell you one thing on the phone and the complete opposite when your under the gun at the airport. They make you wish walking was the best option of travel. It’s the most disappointing experience of travel I can ever think of. Nightmare experience.
RouteAmman to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2022

"customer service are not helpful"

Trip Verified | I won't travel with them again. My luggage was missed during my flight and it's been 4 weeks now, I didn't receive them. I made a feedback online and i was surprised that they marked my complaint as solved although i didn't receive my luggage yet. Their customer service are not helpful, their call center is not answering most of the time.
RouteSharm Elsheikh to Dubai via Amman
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Will not fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Have 10 luggage allowance but used only 8, in addition to frame. When I wanted to check in at the seventh circle office, they told me that the frame will not be allowed to board the airplane because the sum of dimensions is above 205 cm (it is 240 cm)! I see people check in way larger items and bulky luggages. Even if you think of luggage dimensions sum, it would be more the frame’s. I keep hearing that Royal Jordanian is the worst airline to fly with and didn’t believe it till I experienced their customer service! Will not fly with them again.
RouteAmman to Los Angeles
Date FlownAugust 2022

"dirty seats, no multimedia"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | First time I travelled through this airline, aircraft are too small, dirty seats, no multimedia. And while returning from Istanbul they lost my luggage which I get after one day. The problem is their mismanagement at Jed airport, almost 30 passengers luggage was missed and there was no one at airport to log the complaints. We have to wait 3 hours to complete the process. And once luggage arrived at airport they didn’t even call me. I just roamed around at airport and luckily found my luggage.
RouteJeddah to Istanbul via Amman