Royal Jordanian Airlines

"staff went on to say that the card was fake"

Trip Verified | Today my wife and and two sons 10 and 13 who are US citizens had the worst experience with Royal Jordanian Airlines. My wife and two boys were flying out of AMM to Sharm. As my family arrived to the ticket counter my wife presented the boys PCR tests and the CDC vaccine card showing that my wife had been vaccinated. The staff went on to say that the card was fake and that she can’t take it. My wife called me immediately and I called customer service and was told that their staff is wrong and the CDC card is good enough. Here are the rules from the RJ site going into Sharm . PCR test before travelling: - Either a negative PCR test result 72 hours prior arrival, except children less than 06 years- Or a certificate of vaccination provided to conduct a PCR test upon arrival at Sharm El.Sheikh with a cost of 30 USD Fully Vaccinated Passengers: Vaccinations certificates proving that full course of vaccination has been completed issued from the following countries are approved: (Australia, Bahrain, Canada, China, EU Countries, Japan, Jordan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Morocco, New Zealand, Oman, Qatar, Russia, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunis, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and USA). The vaccination certificate shall be in the Arabic or English language only and presented to airline personnel prior to boarding. My wife tried everything and was forced to stay behind and our boys went on with their Aunt leaving their mother behind. My wife then left the airport went and got her PCR test and was forced to purchase a one way ticket from a different airline to be able to go on her trip and meet with our boys and her sister. Once back At the counter it was different people helping her. My wife presented her passport and CDC card again just to see what they say and they looked at the card and issued het boarding pass. To my wife’s shock she said I was told I needed a PCR test and here it is and to her shock she was told we don’t need a PCR test from you or even need to see it because you already showed us your CDC card. It was obvious that the staff intended to prevent my wife from not leaving at the time and forced the separation of a mother and her 10 year old and 13 year old sons. My wife asked for a supervisor many times and kept getting the run around which is always thicker with the employees of RJ at Amman Airport. I tried calling the RJ offices and was on the phone for 45 min with a rep continued to give me the run around who refused to give me her last name or even transfer me to a supervisor!
RouteAmman to Sharm El Sheikh
Date FlownJuly 2021

"I was fully reclined all throughout the flight"

Trip Verified | Believe the reviews. Because I didn't. I thought how bad can it be, but it was so bad I can't describe. Incompetent ground staff, a 24 hour delay with no communication and wrong information all throughout. My flights were booked on top end airlines that codeshare with RJ, and my goodness, disaster at the airport both in Paris and in Amman. To top it up, my seat was exit seat, and broken, I was fully reclined all throughout the flight. It wouldn't sit upright, great safety for an exit seat.
RouteParis to Amman
Date FlownJune 2021

"never choose this airline again"

Not Verified | I was surprised by what happened to me during my flight from Paris to Beirut, the first of which was the delay of take-off to Amman by two hours, which put us in the possibility of missing the flight from Amman to Beirut, and secondly, I was insulted at Amman Airport by one of the employees at the boarding gate as He arrested me without justification or explanation after I arrived at the plane 15 minutes before departure of the flight (because the first plane was delayed) and his reason was an error in the system which I was not responsible of since I already have my boarding pass. At the end, few minutes before the plane took off, his mood allowed him to leave me alone, and this made me feel insulted and nervous. I will never choose this airline again!
RouteParis to Lebanon via Amman
Date FlownJune 2021

"not recommend flying with them"

Not Verified | Very bad experience, they did not keep distance between passengers. They sold out the flight, I believe they measured the temperature of the passengers upon boarding the flight in an inaccurate way and the meal on flight was a cup of water a 150 ml juice. Inflight entertainment system did not work, the crew did not answer me when I requested them. In conclusion, very expensive flight for short airtime and a bad experience. Would not recommend flying with them.
RouteIstanbul to Amman
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Jeddah to Chicago via Amman. Very bad experience, the workers in this airline are not polite,they over charged me on the 2nd luggage. When I get to the airport I got charged $250 and no body to talk to. In their website it is 200$ but they make me pay 250$. Bad service in the grand and air, bad experience.
RouteJeddah to Chicago via Amman
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"it is tired and frayed"

(Jordan)

Trip Verified | Flew Amman to Istanbul with Royal Jordanian Airlines. The business lounge has been upgraded. Now has decent food and coffee and clean toilets. The same cannot be said for the aircraft. Unfortunately, like a lot of their fleet now, it is tired and frayed. All TV screens were removed from the aircraft (the stem was there and exposed wires in the seat). See my photo. Appalling for the premium for business class that you pay. We were told to use RJ sky Connect app to use the entertainment system. Which might have been good had a usb charger been included in the seat.
RouteAmman to Istanbul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Another bag has a large crack"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Chicago via Amman. The airline checked-in my 2 bags in Tel Aviv, and when I retrieved them in Chicago they were both badly damaged. One has a large dent pushed in on one side. Another bag has a large crack that has split the suitcase. Obviously it was massive force of some kind that caused this damage. I sent the pictures that I took immediately of the damage to the airline, but no response. I called them but there’s no answer. The way my baggage was handled by the airline is extremely shoddy and they need to compensate me to some degree. Both of the bags are relatively expensive and of good quality, and Royal Jordanian should at least acknowledge and communicate with me.
RouteTel Aviv to Chicago via Amman

"food wasn’t good"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Flew RJ BKK to HKG last year and now to KUL. Had a terrible check-in agent last time but a better lady now, although quite slow. Boarding procedure was so annoying as monitors showed “Final call” but the boarding hadn’t even started. Could have spent more time in lounge. I think I had the same fantastic FA last time, she is really great. The food wasn’t good but the same Chablis as last time was flowing with a big smile.
RouteBangkok to Kuala Lumpur

"rude and unprofessional"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | Amman to Dubai. As I landed to Amman airport I had to run to be on time for my next fly, at first I came to the wrong gate because on the screen it wasn’t even shown this fly , so the employee of the airport,kindly show me the way where I need to go and it was totally different side of the airport and he informed me that the boarding is mostly closed. Finally I see my gate and the boarding don’t even start. I see in the scream delayed for 30 min, after 30 min still no information and again we see delay for 1.hour. In the end we get in, after 2 hours no explanation or apology i find my seat and there was no space very uncomfortable seats. A passenger In front of me put his seat back while the flight was about to take off not even one cabin Crew notice it. The staff was very rude and unprofessional, and very dirty toilet
RouteAmman to Dubai

"Disgusting crew service"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Moscow to Amman. Disgusting crew service, I was with a small child and asked for warm water for the formula, instead, they brought me just cold water from a bottle. A lot of passengers pressed the call button several times, but no one came. instead, the flight attendants just sat and chatted behind the curtain. I had to go for drinks ourselves.
RouteMoscow to Amman