Royal Jordanian Airlines

"fly with another airline"

Trip Verified | New York to Jeddah via Amman. The worst customer service via telephone and web I have ever experienced. Every phone call made to discuss the same concern on the flight received a different answer, finally American Express had to intervene to which they also experienced hardships. The staff over the phone is rude, unapologetic and outright careless. I will never fly this airline again. The flight experience wasn’t better. Very dated aircraft. A 6 hour delayed connection with no explanation while waiting for my connection. A lack luster lounge and again very poor customer service. Do yourself a favor and fly with another airline if you have a chance.
RouteNew York to Jeddah via Amman
Date FlownJuly 2019

"attempting to trace my lost luggage"

Trip Verified | Today is 22 Sep 19 and I have been attempting to trace my lost luggage from RJ264 Chicago to Amman dated 8 Aug 19. My ticket was purchased through American Airlines as a OneWorld codeshare. American confirmed scanning the bag delivered to RJ264 before departure. After waiting at AMM baggage claim for the 1st 45 minutes after arrival, a baggage clerk confirmed that it was back there but still processing through security. At 1½ hour after arrival, the same baggage clerk said that now he could no longer find it back there anywhere. How could my bag have “disappeared” while processing through security and never be delivered to the baggage carousel? After filing my lost luggage claim at the AMM airport (along with several other 1st class pax), I have had had no response and no contact from Royal Jordanian airlines. I have attempted to call every phone number I can find listed for customer service and they are all just looped recordings that keep transferring to another message. In the last 6 weeks I have sent more than 12 emails through your WorldTracer system that they have failed to respond to. I have sent 7 emails now to your Royal Jordanian Head Office that have not been answered. Are they just assuming that if they ignore me long enough I will go away?
RouteChicago to Amman

"Worst airline ever"

Not Verified | New York JFK to Amman. Worst airline ever. I fly at least once a month to different destinations and this time I decided to fly with RJ. A few minutes before we were supposed to board our flight from JFK to Amman, the branch manager announced a delay in our flight without any details instead of allowing us to board the plane. Later on, it turned out that there was an issue with plane and the flight was delayed 5 hours. A few hours later they announced a 21 hours delay and as all passengers got frustrated, the manager announced that they are giving us a voucher to stay in a hotel for the night. They had all passengers picking up their bags. They lost my car seat and it took 3 hours for them to find it. After so many arguments, the shuttle to the hotel finally arrived with not enough space to accommodate all passengers and luggage. Then when we arrived at the hotel, there were no rooms to stay. They had to take us to another hotel Where we spent 2 hours until we finally had our room. The next day, our flight was supposed to leave at 7PM. We ended up boarding at 8:30 PM instead. Rude customer service and the manager did not handle the situation in a professional manner as she should. No answers and rude treatment for the passengers. Also at Amman airport, my bag went through bag check without announcement. I was waiting for more that 2 hours until I started asking around were my bag was. Someone told me that it was at bag check. Even though that they opened the bag at the check, the guy at the belt had opened it again to search causing another 30 minutes delay. Poor management and communication.
RouteNew York JFK to Amman
Date FlownAugust 2019

"windows locked into darkness"

(Austria)

Not Verified | Amman to Kuala Lumpur via Bangkok. Service and food on my flight to Kuala Lumpur via Bangkok was ok. I could stay in the airplane during fuelling, which was good. The only disturbing thing was the dimmable windows. They were just locked into darkness for the whole flight. There's a reason why I chose a window seat, so please let passengers enjoy the view, sunrise and sunset!
RouteAmman to Kuala Lumpur via Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2019

"The staff is reckless"

Not Verified | Amman to London. The staff is reckless when it comes to safety of passengers. When In the plane Near to me there was a woman with 2 kids. During take off one of the kids was sleeping on the floor without fasten seat belt. The staff walked near by us saw the child and did not encourage the mother to take safety measure and protect the child. I flew with my 5 members family. They didn’t put us together, they placed all the family all over the plane. I had to ask the crew staff at least to keep the 6 years old daughter with her mum which they were hardly able to do.
RouteAmman to Heathrow
Date FlownAugust 2019

"cabins were worn and torn"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Dubai via Amman 18 Aug. 2019 on A320 and A321, respectively. Check In in CPH a breeze though the attendant was junior. Got my luggage tagged for next 4 legs on my journey. They also issued 4 Boarding Passes on the spot even the last 2 sectors was on another airline and on another ticket. Well done, though it took some time. Lounge used in CPH is a 3rd party lounge, the new Carlsberg Aviator Lounge, a crowded experience but somehow acceptable though only cold foods (smoerrebroed) from buffet. Lounge in Amman fits me well, open big space and long, open views to terminal and outside, just separated by an elevated glass fender. Food substandard, only a cold sandwich was served (on both legs). Not enough food and food quality very low. Personally I ordered Special Seafood Meal which was delivered on both legs. However, it was just a cold sandwich with some canned tuna fish inside. Drink service was fine and frequent, good flow, and decent wines. IFE did not work on any of the legs. First flight delayed 60 Minutes – this was announced well in advance and on airport monitors. Second flight delayed 90 Minutes and there was chaos at the gate as the flight was overbooked. The cabins were worn and torn, but the FA staff were good and polite. Call bells answered. Airbridge embarking and disembarking.
AircraftA320 / A321
RouteCopenhagen to Dubai via Amman
Date FlownAugust 2019

"fight broke out during the flight"

Trip Verified | Amman to New York JFK. Violence on aircraft during flight, aircraft was not in the greatest condition, seat was uncomfortable it would have been better if not for the fact that a big fight broke out during the flight and crew did not really deal with it properly. Would not be my first choice.
RouteAmman to New York JFK
Date FlownAugust 2019

"need to improve flight hardware"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Tried for my first time this airline 1 August 2019 from Dubai to Copenhagen via Amman. Both aircraft were on older, worn but fairly clean A320 machines. No IFE apart from flight trip map displayed on shared monitor in front of cabin sections. Individual screens were installed but not activated. Trip went well and flights on time. Onboard, food was mediocre and no hot food were offered, only sandwiches, cakes, and drinks. They served a good red wine: Jordanian River (Shiraz 2018). Seat spacious. Ticket not cheap. Best part were the good lounges in Dubai (Ahlan lounge T1) and in Amman (Crown lounge). They were both splendid. However, lounge access was not granted from my ticket but from my elite status on another airline in Oneworld (Qatar Airways). I had a missing luggage issue from previous flight on which I was well informed while onboard prior to departure from Amman. Amman is a small and cozy airport. It could be a very good airline but need to improve flight hardware, cabin tidiness, food quality, and increase options, and include hot meals. Missing IFE also becomes an issue for the last flight which lasted almost 5 hours.
RouteDubai to Copenhagen via Amman
Date FlownAugust 2019

"service is not their priority"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Tel Aviv via Amman. I am a paraplegic and had a trip out of the country on June 2. Royal Jordanian Airline misplaced my wheelchair on the way flying to my destination which was in Jerusalem on June 3. I had filed a lost and found claim when I was at the Tel Aviv Airport. The last time I had my wheelchair was in Chicago. When I landed in Amman to connect flight to Tel Aviv they told me they will ship my wheelchair to Tel Aviv, but when I landed in Tel Aviv they said they never received my wheelchair. Either my wheelchair in Amman or Tel Aviv. Neither Royal Jordanian in Amman nor Royal Jordanian in Tel Aviv want to take responsibility for it. They blamed on each other. When I talked to Royal Jordanian baggage tracing department and gave them my file reference claim number, they told me they had shipped my wheelchair to Tel Aviv, but Tel Aviv said they never received my wheelchair. The lady flown on the same flight with me lost her walker. After brutal one and a half months they emailed me that they found it and it was in Amman. Their customer service is not their top priority. Their phone service need a major upgrade. I had to yelled in order for the representative to hear me clearly. If you have disabilities, please pay a little bit more to fly an Airline with professional staff. All their departments are unprofessional.
RouteChicago to Tel Aviv via Amman
Date FlownJune 2019

"They never even said sorry"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | My son and I were flying RJ 733 to Amman from Riyadh on the 27th June to attend a colleagues' wedding scheduled at 9PM on 27th June 2019. Flight original timing was 12:20PM and changed to 14:10 hours. This change was announced on the previous day itself (26th June 2019). This means that the airlines had enough time or advance notification that there was some problem with that particular flight. When we checked in on 27th, the counter did not say there was any further delay. There was never any announcement but the display board showed a departure time of 4PM, after the original time of 2PM had lapsed. When passengers started to line up and waited in the queue for over 30 minutes, the person at the gate started saying "please go and take a seat" the flight is delayed as it is "too hot" and needs to cool down. All these conversations were happening in Arabic, and I am explaining what I understood. Then later (picture attached)the display board was still showing a departure time of 19:10 hours although the time was already 19:54 hours. The airline made no effort to announce any delays or provide food or any other amenities to the passengers. The flight finally left at 9PM after a delay of 7 hours. This is unacceptable from a flagship airline from Jordan. They never even said sorry, which is appalling behavior! We missed the wedding.
RouteRiyadh to Amman