Royal Jordanian Airlines

"airline with very bad service"

Trip Verified | Amman to Cairo. I arrived in Cairo in nov 6 to find out my luggage was no where to be found. They made me fill out a form Where I needed to buy an Egyptian sim so they can call me. I emailed them the documents as instructed. Ever since then no one has replied to my calls or emails. My tour guide was able to get through somehow. They delivered me a bag but it was not mine But with my name. It’s been 5 days since I arrived and I have called them every day and emailed them continuously. Still no reply. I had to resort to commenting in their social media to get their attention and I finally got a reply and now they are replying but even then nothing has been escalated. Definitely an airline with very bad service I would not recommend.
RouteAmman to Cairo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Aqaba to Larnaca via Amman. Very bad experience with Royal Jordanian. I had my return flight canceled and I've never get a refund for that. Furthermore had to book another ticket with another company by my own! They never replied to my numerous email asking for help. I've never seen that. I don't recommend the company at all.
RouteAqaba to Larnaca via Amman
Date FlownNovember 2019

"impossible to contact them"

Trip Verified | Amman to Dubai in September 2019. I was served a chicken sandwich with brown guacamole in it. I ate the sandwich and later had terrible diarrhea for 5 days which may have been caused by this, and it ruined the remaining part of my trip. Royal Jordanian made it nearly impossible to contact them or send feedback directly.
RouteAmman to Dubai
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"attitude of hostesses was horrible"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | Kuwait to Amman. Both flights were on time. However, the attitude of the air hostesses was horrible and the food was even worse. One of the cabin crew, in the middle of safety audio, stopped demonstrating and went back to her seat while the audio was still playing. Simply put, the airline needs to recruit better people and give serious training before putting them on board. We booked Hindu non-vegetarian meals and were given croissants and a muffin without even being asked by the air hostess about special meal. They also do not offer water and the passengers have to literally snatch water cups from the food tray.
RouteKuwait to Amman
Date FlownOctober 2019

"fly with another airline"

Trip Verified | New York to Jeddah via Amman. The worst customer service via telephone and web I have ever experienced. Every phone call made to discuss the same concern on the flight received a different answer, finally American Express had to intervene to which they also experienced hardships. The staff over the phone is rude, unapologetic and outright careless. I will never fly this airline again. The flight experience wasn’t better. Very dated aircraft. A 6 hour delayed connection with no explanation while waiting for my connection. A lack luster lounge and again very poor customer service. Do yourself a favor and fly with another airline if you have a chance.
RouteNew York to Jeddah via Amman
Date FlownJuly 2019

"attempting to trace my lost luggage"

Trip Verified | Today is 22 Sep 19 and I have been attempting to trace my lost luggage from RJ264 Chicago to Amman dated 8 Aug 19. My ticket was purchased through American Airlines as a OneWorld codeshare. American confirmed scanning the bag delivered to RJ264 before departure. After waiting at AMM baggage claim for the 1st 45 minutes after arrival, a baggage clerk confirmed that it was back there but still processing through security. At 1½ hour after arrival, the same baggage clerk said that now he could no longer find it back there anywhere. How could my bag have “disappeared” while processing through security and never be delivered to the baggage carousel? After filing my lost luggage claim at the AMM airport (along with several other 1st class pax), I have had had no response and no contact from Royal Jordanian airlines. I have attempted to call every phone number I can find listed for customer service and they are all just looped recordings that keep transferring to another message. In the last 6 weeks I have sent more than 12 emails through your WorldTracer system that they have failed to respond to. I have sent 7 emails now to your Royal Jordanian Head Office that have not been answered. Are they just assuming that if they ignore me long enough I will go away?
RouteChicago to Amman

"Worst airline ever"

Not Verified | New York JFK to Amman. Worst airline ever. I fly at least once a month to different destinations and this time I decided to fly with RJ. A few minutes before we were supposed to board our flight from JFK to Amman, the branch manager announced a delay in our flight without any details instead of allowing us to board the plane. Later on, it turned out that there was an issue with plane and the flight was delayed 5 hours. A few hours later they announced a 21 hours delay and as all passengers got frustrated, the manager announced that they are giving us a voucher to stay in a hotel for the night. They had all passengers picking up their bags. They lost my car seat and it took 3 hours for them to find it. After so many arguments, the shuttle to the hotel finally arrived with not enough space to accommodate all passengers and luggage. Then when we arrived at the hotel, there were no rooms to stay. They had to take us to another hotel Where we spent 2 hours until we finally had our room. The next day, our flight was supposed to leave at 7PM. We ended up boarding at 8:30 PM instead. Rude customer service and the manager did not handle the situation in a professional manner as she should. No answers and rude treatment for the passengers. Also at Amman airport, my bag went through bag check without announcement. I was waiting for more that 2 hours until I started asking around were my bag was. Someone told me that it was at bag check. Even though that they opened the bag at the check, the guy at the belt had opened it again to search causing another 30 minutes delay. Poor management and communication.
RouteNew York JFK to Amman
Date FlownAugust 2019

"windows locked into darkness"

(Austria)

Not Verified | Amman to Kuala Lumpur via Bangkok. Service and food on my flight to Kuala Lumpur via Bangkok was ok. I could stay in the airplane during fuelling, which was good. The only disturbing thing was the dimmable windows. They were just locked into darkness for the whole flight. There's a reason why I chose a window seat, so please let passengers enjoy the view, sunrise and sunset!
RouteAmman to Kuala Lumpur via Bangkok
Date FlownJune 2019

"The staff is reckless"

Not Verified | Amman to London. The staff is reckless when it comes to safety of passengers. When In the plane Near to me there was a woman with 2 kids. During take off one of the kids was sleeping on the floor without fasten seat belt. The staff walked near by us saw the child and did not encourage the mother to take safety measure and protect the child. I flew with my 5 members family. They didn’t put us together, they placed all the family all over the plane. I had to ask the crew staff at least to keep the 6 years old daughter with her mum which they were hardly able to do.
RouteAmman to Heathrow
Date FlownAugust 2019

"cabins were worn and torn"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Dubai via Amman 18 Aug. 2019 on A320 and A321, respectively. Check In in CPH a breeze though the attendant was junior. Got my luggage tagged for next 4 legs on my journey. They also issued 4 Boarding Passes on the spot even the last 2 sectors was on another airline and on another ticket. Well done, though it took some time. Lounge used in CPH is a 3rd party lounge, the new Carlsberg Aviator Lounge, a crowded experience but somehow acceptable though only cold foods (smoerrebroed) from buffet. Lounge in Amman fits me well, open big space and long, open views to terminal and outside, just separated by an elevated glass fender. Food substandard, only a cold sandwich was served (on both legs). Not enough food and food quality very low. Personally I ordered Special Seafood Meal which was delivered on both legs. However, it was just a cold sandwich with some canned tuna fish inside. Drink service was fine and frequent, good flow, and decent wines. IFE did not work on any of the legs. First flight delayed 60 Minutes – this was announced well in advance and on airport monitors. Second flight delayed 90 Minutes and there was chaos at the gate as the flight was overbooked. The cabins were worn and torn, but the FA staff were good and polite. Call bells answered. Airbridge embarking and disembarking.
AircraftA320 / A321