Royal Jordanian Airlines

"cabins were worn and torn"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Dubai via Amman 18 Aug. 2019 on A320 and A321, respectively. Check In in CPH a breeze though the attendant was junior. Got my luggage tagged for next 4 legs on my journey. They also issued 4 Boarding Passes on the spot even the last 2 sectors was on another airline and on another ticket. Well done, though it took some time. Lounge used in CPH is a 3rd party lounge, the new Carlsberg Aviator Lounge, a crowded experience but somehow acceptable though only cold foods (smoerrebroed) from buffet. Lounge in Amman fits me well, open big space and long, open views to terminal and outside, just separated by an elevated glass fender. Food substandard, only a cold sandwich was served (on both legs). Not enough food and food quality very low. Personally I ordered Special Seafood Meal which was delivered on both legs. However, it was just a cold sandwich with some canned tuna fish inside. Drink service was fine and frequent, good flow, and decent wines. IFE did not work on any of the legs. First flight delayed 60 Minutes – this was announced well in advance and on airport monitors. Second flight delayed 90 Minutes and there was chaos at the gate as the flight was overbooked. The cabins were worn and torn, but the FA staff were good and polite. Call bells answered. Airbridge embarking and disembarking.
AircraftA320 / A321
RouteCopenhagen to Dubai via Amman
Date FlownAugust 2019

"fight broke out during the flight"

Trip Verified | Amman to New York JFK. Violence on aircraft during flight, aircraft was not in the greatest condition, seat was uncomfortable it would have been better if not for the fact that a big fight broke out during the flight and crew did not really deal with it properly. Would not be my first choice.
RouteAmman to New York JFK
Date FlownAugust 2019

"need to improve flight hardware"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Tried for my first time this airline 1 August 2019 from Dubai to Copenhagen via Amman. Both aircraft were on older, worn but fairly clean A320 machines. No IFE apart from flight trip map displayed on shared monitor in front of cabin sections. Individual screens were installed but not activated. Trip went well and flights on time. Onboard, food was mediocre and no hot food were offered, only sandwiches, cakes, and drinks. They served a good red wine: Jordanian River (Shiraz 2018). Seat spacious. Ticket not cheap. Best part were the good lounges in Dubai (Ahlan lounge T1) and in Amman (Crown lounge). They were both splendid. However, lounge access was not granted from my ticket but from my elite status on another airline in Oneworld (Qatar Airways). I had a missing luggage issue from previous flight on which I was well informed while onboard prior to departure from Amman. Amman is a small and cozy airport. It could be a very good airline but need to improve flight hardware, cabin tidiness, food quality, and increase options, and include hot meals. Missing IFE also becomes an issue for the last flight which lasted almost 5 hours.
RouteDubai to Copenhagen via Amman
Date FlownAugust 2019

"service is not their priority"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Tel Aviv via Amman. I am a paraplegic and had a trip out of the country on June 2. Royal Jordanian Airline misplaced my wheelchair on the way flying to my destination which was in Jerusalem on June 3. I had filed a lost and found claim when I was at the Tel Aviv Airport. The last time I had my wheelchair was in Chicago. When I landed in Amman to connect flight to Tel Aviv they told me they will ship my wheelchair to Tel Aviv, but when I landed in Tel Aviv they said they never received my wheelchair. Either my wheelchair in Amman or Tel Aviv. Neither Royal Jordanian in Amman nor Royal Jordanian in Tel Aviv want to take responsibility for it. They blamed on each other. When I talked to Royal Jordanian baggage tracing department and gave them my file reference claim number, they told me they had shipped my wheelchair to Tel Aviv, but Tel Aviv said they never received my wheelchair. The lady flown on the same flight with me lost her walker. After brutal one and a half months they emailed me that they found it and it was in Amman. Their customer service is not their top priority. Their phone service need a major upgrade. I had to yelled in order for the representative to hear me clearly. If you have disabilities, please pay a little bit more to fly an Airline with professional staff. All their departments are unprofessional.
RouteChicago to Tel Aviv via Amman
Date FlownJune 2019

"They never even said sorry"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | My son and I were flying RJ 733 to Amman from Riyadh on the 27th June to attend a colleagues' wedding scheduled at 9PM on 27th June 2019. Flight original timing was 12:20PM and changed to 14:10 hours. This change was announced on the previous day itself (26th June 2019). This means that the airlines had enough time or advance notification that there was some problem with that particular flight. When we checked in on 27th, the counter did not say there was any further delay. There was never any announcement but the display board showed a departure time of 4PM, after the original time of 2PM had lapsed. When passengers started to line up and waited in the queue for over 30 minutes, the person at the gate started saying "please go and take a seat" the flight is delayed as it is "too hot" and needs to cool down. All these conversations were happening in Arabic, and I am explaining what I understood. Then later (picture attached)the display board was still showing a departure time of 19:10 hours although the time was already 19:54 hours. The airline made no effort to announce any delays or provide food or any other amenities to the passengers. The flight finally left at 9PM after a delay of 7 hours. This is unacceptable from a flagship airline from Jordan. They never even said sorry, which is appalling behavior! We missed the wedding.
RouteRiyadh to Amman
Date FlownJuly 2019

"there was smoking on the plane"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Amman. We had a short flight to connect to Amman to connect to Heathrow to connect to LAX to Fly home. Food was not an issue, but there was smoking on the plane. Stewardess spent the entire time on her cell phone texting , even when announcement had been made to put electronics away. She never once looked up for her phone.
RouteTel Aviv to Amman

"Terrible experience"

(Chile)

Not Verified | Cairo to Tel Aviv via Amman. Terrible experience, 4 hours delay, makes us lose a connection and changing from 50 mins to 6 hours of connection. IFE does not work. Good meal. Nt compensation.
RouteCairo to Amman via Tel aviv

"fine for the price"

Not Verified | New York to Amman on Boeing 787. The cabin crew were nice and were pretty friendly. The food was my concern - for breakfast we had bread and a little container of jam and orange juice served at the end of our 11 hour flight. The seat comfort was ok and it was fine for the price. The entertainment was good.
RouteNew York to Amman
Date FlownMay 2019

"about 40% lower than average price"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Bangkok via Amman. Surprisingly nice experience. Both legs leaving about 20 minutes late and arrived on time. Biz seat on the A321 very comfortable and sufficient for the 4 hours 30 minutes leg. Also the flat seat on the 787 was comfortable and I was able to sleep 6 hours. Food was served plenty and good. Not on restaurant level, but good. A pity they do not serve from the food trolley anymore. On the second leg leaving after 2 am, a snack plate (Arabian Mezze) was served. Many others writing here were disappointed with that late night snack, only. I liked its taste and how fast the service was over, so the cabin went silent and everybody sleeping. But they should change their website concerning Crown Class dining, on which they promise on medium to long haul flights 4 course meals, which is on that route not correct! The Thai staff on the second leg was very skilled and well trained, the Jordanian staff were less organized and friendly. So a good but not great experience. But I got in a sales a special, about 40% lower than the average price for that route and season. At the standard pricing there are plenty competitors with a better Biz class. I would book and fly them again if I could get an equally good offer.
AircraftA321 / Boeing 787-8
RouteAmsterdam to Bangkok via Amman
Date FlownJune 2019

"do not pay attention to customers"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | Chicago to Larnaca via Amman. First time I have flown with Royal Jordanian Airlines and I'm sure is the last time. Me and my family we went to US with an overnight stay in Amman because they had only one flight per day from Amman to Larnaca. We stayed in the airport hotel which was supposed to be a 4 star hotel. Instead is a -4star hotel. Very dirty. We complained to the airline and they promised on the way back that things will be different. Absolutely nonsense. Exactly the same thing . They do not pay any attention to their customers complains even if you send pictures and make a formal written complain. Nobody cares.
RouteChicago to Larnaca via Amman