Regional Express

Regional Express customer review

Sydney to Albury Staff at Check-in genuine warm and inviting. On time departure on small and very full plane no room for much baggage. Just over an hour flying time . One crew operation and I was looking forward to a bubbly friendly crew member however this Hostess was abrubt and rude. Most of the short flight she stood in the flightdeck with door wide open talking with the flight crew. A little girl sitting opposite me travelling alone ( 6yr old ) pressed the call light 3times to no avail of the hostess. This was my first experience with REX and maybe I should try again as most comments posted here are positive.

Regional Express customer review

I fly each week with them and their service standards have to be amongst the best in the world. Last year they flew for the first time 1 million plus passengers to have no complaints on this site is a plus. Well done Rex.

Regional Express customer review

REX Is now flying to Cooma/Snowy Mountains airport as of 10th June (starting at AUD$129 one way all inclusive I think it's on the web). A number of airlines have tried to make it successful but it hasn't worked but with REX already having a good reputation and more financial support I think it might work. My only worry though is that the Airport is at 960m above sea level and is right on the Gt Div Range and it's flat and between to other ranges it is a pretty bad wind tunnel and if it snows (which is quite often in winter maybe once every 3 weeks) will the flights be cancelled?

Regional Express customer review

Flew REX from Sydney to Lismore January 2005. Friendly check in staff flight attendant was very friendly. Small D8 style aircraft but I felt safe. The landing made for some great views landing into Lismore.

Regional Express customer review

In response to Alan Hume's post - Rex has just ditched it's Canberra-Sydney route. Bad news all round as Qantas is the only one flying to Sydney. I am predicting a sharp rise in CBR-SYD fares. Why should Qantas lower them? Who have they got to compete with? The flipside of the coin however is the leisure market and hopefully demand for low fares will ensure this remains the case.

Regional Express customer review

Also recently flew REX from Sydney to Canberra. Very friendly check-in staff member gave me Seat 6A (Emergency Exit) and was very friendly helping me as it was my first REX flight. Plane was small but comfortable. Kath the flight attendant was constantly smiling and helping passengers. Were given some water and mentos for the 30minute flight. I will definitely fly REX again. But unfortunately now the Sydney to Canberra service has been axed and Qantas now has a monopoly. Shame that REX has dropped this route but according to their website there are a few reasons why it's been unsuccessful.

Regional Express customer review

Recently flew Rex from Armidale to Sydney. The prices here just keep going down its fantastic (was 98 now 86 on special). Great cabin really friendly crew. A bikkie or packet of chips and a cuppa are quite sufficient though perhaps not so great if you're raher hungry but for a quick flight its just fine. Coming back from Canberra it was a really windy day and lots of flights were cancelled. Rex booked me at no cost onto both the CBR-SYD and SYD-ARM sectors. Perhaps my only gripe was trying to quickly speak to a rex person in Sydney checkin - the supervisor wasn't wearing anything that made her obvious and I actually thought she was just another passenger. But all smiles and repeat business here.

Regional Express customer review

Yes I have to agree. I mean Rex has an excellent product but it should be focusing on regional routes. The simple fact is we are largely a "Qantasised" nation now and that's all there is to it. Alan Hume is right it's all about power and prestige and status (And sucking up to George W). What a self-centred bureaucracy this is turning into.

Regional Express customer review

Rex has ditched its MEL-CBR run and has given notice that it will soon do likewise with the SYD-CBR service too if Govt business doesn't increase. The problem is unfortunately one of status and prestige. Exec Govt business fliers do not like "small" turboprop aircraft being bussed to the terminal from the aircraft having to declare to their colleagues in Qantas Club that they are flying Rex etc. etc. They like to be waited on hand and foot and have Business Class-size seats waiting for them at the end of a sealed corridor. It's a status/prestige thing that's all. If Rex could afford to operate midsize business jets on these premium services they would get more Govt business. Since this is not a viable option for them it must focus on regional services and forget the major trunk routes I fear to remain solvent.

Regional Express customer review

I had pleasant flight on REX I had both SYD-CBR and CBR-MEL.... well done for Rex. Even though the costs and fleets they are using nowadays can't beat virgin and qantas but the service are unbeatable..overall I think they deserve more supports from all of us