Regional Express

"very much appreciated this kind gesture"

Not Verified | I attempted to book a ticket online to travel from Dubbo to Sydney late 2/9/2020, for a 3/9/2020 flight. It was indicated that there were no seats available for the 3/9/2020 flight, so I booked for 4/9/2020. My Sister was dying in the Martor Hospital in North Sydney, and her Family called me 3/9/2020 to say she was in a critical condition. I phoned Rex, and spoke to a lovely Customer Service person. This person could see that I had tried to book online 2/9/2020, and said even though she was not supposed to, that she would change my flight from 4/9/2020 to 3/9/2020. Thanks to this wonderful person, I was able to be with my Sister before she passed on 4/9/2020. If I had taken the 4/4/2020 flight, my Sister would have passed before I got to say goodbye. I very much appreciated this kind gesture.
AircraftSAAB
RouteDubbo to Sydney
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Consistently delayed"

Trip Verified | Townsville to Cairns. Unreliable. Consistently delayed and then cancelled at the last minute with no warning. Worst airline in Australia by a long way. If you're booking with REX to save $50 or get a flight a couple of hours earlier/later don't risk it, just book with the real airlines.
RouteTownsville to Cairns
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"commend flight attendant Georgia"

Not Verified | I flew with Rex on 4 flights recently between Lismore, Sydney and Wagga, and return. All flights were on time, comfortable, and the service was very good. I particularly wanted to commend flight attendant Georgia on the Wagga - Sydney flight. She exuded a genuinely warm personality in every aspect of her work, from the friendly smile and pleasant voice to the competent service.
RouteWagga Wagga to Sydney via Lismore
Date FlownJune 2019

"We were very impressed overall"

Trip Verified | Amazing customer service - review delayed due to ill health. In May I was flown by Royal Flying Doctor Service to Adelaide where I spent 6 days due to a sudden, acute illness and after which I flew with your airline to Broken Hill where we had left our caravan so we could return to our home in Sydney for further medical care. Among the passengers on the flight were an elderly, frail woman and a woman returning to her regional home after shoulder surgery - I was feeling pretty fragile myself. We were all at the front of the plane and my husband and I were really impressed with the flight attendant, Abby, for whom nothing seemed too much trouble and who was very mindful of the particular issues the elderly lady and the post-surgery lady, both travelling alone, faced. Abby had a delightful demeanour and the service she provided was both efficient and compassionate. We were very impressed overall.
RouteAdelaide to Broken Hill
Date FlownMay 2019

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Merimbula to Melbourne. The reception guy was extremely rude with no customer service at all. We are from Western Australia but our luggage, instead of Melbourne residers', was picked out to be not coming back with us from Merimbula to Melbourne, due to weather condition. I missed out the announcement because I was outside of the waiting room. The guy at the reception at Merimbula did not have any empathy, or patience to explain the situation but rush and threaten me if I don't do as he said quickly he will let the pilot know to depart without me. The most frustrating day and the worst customer service I have ever encountered in my life.
RouteMerimbula to Melbourne
Date FlownJuly 2019

"delighted with customer service"

Trip Verified | I was flying today from Albany to Perth and was particularly delighted with the customer service from Kiara. I am flying almost every week with different companies and I haven’t had a better flight attendant. It is very challenging to make people comfortable on a small plane like Saab SF340, but her attitude makes it very different experience. She is smiling and very friendly, very understanding in difficult situation.
AircraftSaab SF340
RouteAlbany to Perth
Date FlownJuly 2019

"the least reliable airline"

Trip Verified | Perth to Albany. Rex is the least reliable airline I have ever flown. Around 50% of the flights I take are late and often by 4-6 hours. The worst thing is the late and casual way they inform you about your delay. You are typically 30mins from boarding and receive a text that the plane will leave in x hours and no excuse is given. I think they are half way through the contract on this route and I hope they lose the franchise. If you actually get on the plane, it is ok but cramped and tired. But you really can’t rely on Rex at all.
RoutePerth to Albany

"worst regional airline"

Trip Verified | Perth to Albany. This is the worst regional airline I have ever had to fly. They are always late with very poor communication. Fortunately for them, there is no competition in the routes they fly. Otherwise they would not have a business. They should be ashamed of the poor service they provide.
RoutePerth to Albany
Date FlownJuly 2019

"kindness has humbled me greatly"

Not Verified | Just want to say a big ‘thank you’ to Julie in customer service! We had an unexpected death in the family & I had to change my teenage sons flights to get him home early. Julie was so kind & made sure the flight crew were aware that he may be a little emotional. She even went as far as to ring me an hour before his flight to reassure me that they were going to keep an eye out for him. Thank you. Your kindness has humbled me greatly.
RouteMelbourne to Mildura
Date FlownMay 2019

"highly recommend REX"

Trip Verified | I have flown with Reginal Express or 'REX' as known locally several times previously. Last Thursday 14th February 2019 I boarded a flight back home to Adelaide from Mount Gambier where I had been on a business trip. I was greeted by Carly who was our flight attendant for the flight. I was pleasantly surprised by her level of service and professionalism. I can say every other time I had flown REX the service was good, although on this day it was outstanding. She made everybody on board feel welcome, she provided snacks and drinks to all passengers and walked the aisle regularly to enquire if any of the passengers required anything, I'd like to personally congratulate her on her level of service, well done! I would highly recommend REX to anyone flying regionally within Australia.
AircraftSAAB 340