Regional Express

"never recommend this mob to anyone"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight online through an agency for a return flight to Adelaide from Melbourne. The conference I was in ran late and I missed my return flight. I rang the support help line and the rude supervisor informed me the ticket had been cancelled with no chance of getting me on another flight, or a refund. She was totally rude and unwilling to help me. I had to book on another airline at my expense to get home. Will never recommend this mob to anyone, they should stick to regional flights and not try to mix it with the professional carriers in domestic flights. They should also try employing polite reasonable supervisors with customer service in mind. I rang them and spoke to a service person, who went and asked her supervisor who refused to transfer me onto another flight, but just cancelled my ticket with no refund. Disgraceful
RouteAdelaide to Melbourne
Date FlownMay 2021

"very pleasant and enjoyable flight"

Trip Verified | Overall very pleasant and enjoyable flight, especially for the price point. (That basically places it directly against budget carriers like Jetstar and they are just in completely different leagues). The Rex domestic 737 fleets, as you may know already uses previous Virgin Australia planes, and the interior is essentially Virgin themed (Virgin colored head rests, bulkhead covers). Which don't get me wrong, it isn't a bag thing at all. This means at a budget rex price you get to enjoy full service carrier class legroom (same legroom ad Virgin Australia) and everything. There are also snacks provided during the flight (again, something you don't see often at this price point) along with a complimentary drink. Boarding is done via jetbridges for the front section of the airplane and stairs for the back section, to speed up turnover times. Overall, an excellent option that definitely introduces fresh competition to the other carriers serving this short Melbourne-Sydney route!
Date FlownMay 2021

"will not travel again with Rex"

Trip Verified | I booked the wrong way instead of MEL-SYD-MEL booked SYD-MEL-SYD same dates. Once I found the error, called 131713 and informed the same within 48 hours of purchasing the 6 tickets under single booking. This is 3 weeks before the flight. This girl charged $66 for each passenger although all six under single booking. Return flight cost $77 but 2 minutes route change cost additional $66 per passenger. Very unhappy and will not travel again with Rex.
RouteMelbourne to Singapore

"Friendly customer service"

Trip Verified | Friendly customer service. Complementary snack and hot drinks were offered on board. Very reasonably priced - my fare included checked in luggage up to 23kg. Plane was on time Highly recommend this company.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownMay 2021

"friendly and service oriented airline"

Trip Verified | I took advantage of incredible airfares for a short trip to Sydney and can't fault my flights. From check-in to the Cabin crew especially Andy and all ground crew I interacted with everything was spot on. For a short flight they certainly delivered and I experienced the same on my return flight to Melbourne. It's about time Australia had such a friendly and service oriented airline.
Date FlownMarch 2021

"one of the best flying experiences"

Trip Verified | My family and I were amongst passengers on the first ever Gold Coast- Melbourne REX flight. We had one of the best flying experiences ever. Despite the technical issue, which was sorted out quickly, the crew remained polite and attentive. The passengers kept informed and updated, excellent service on board. Big heartfelt thanks to all flight attendants, Tup, Lucinda, Jordan, Tanya, Nicole and others. You have made us feel so welcomed and comfortable. Special thanks to the pilot, this was the softest take off, flight and landing ever. With endless compliments we highly recommend REX airlines to everyone.
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2021

"a fresh choice for Australians"

Trip Verified | I flew on the new jet service this weekend past and I was really pleased - no, delighted - with the experience. The check-in teams and boarding teams at both SYD and MEL treated me like a valued customer and couldn’t be nicer. The crew were welcoming and continued that valued experience through to disembarking, and the ramp team handled my bag and delivered it without worry to me. The in-flight magazine’s page about in-flight exercises was really difficult to read. And I didn’t know it was a cash-bar only, I wanted to buy a drink but I only had my credit card. Also, Manage booking has been down for a while now. Otherwise, a fresh choice for Australians that places the customer’s airport experience at the core of the experience.
AircraftBoeing 737-800NG
Date FlownMarch 2021

"very much appreciated this kind gesture"

Not Verified | I attempted to book a ticket online to travel from Dubbo to Sydney late 2/9/2020, for a 3/9/2020 flight. It was indicated that there were no seats available for the 3/9/2020 flight, so I booked for 4/9/2020. My Sister was dying in the Martor Hospital in North Sydney, and her Family called me 3/9/2020 to say she was in a critical condition. I phoned Rex, and spoke to a lovely Customer Service person. This person could see that I had tried to book online 2/9/2020, and said even though she was not supposed to, that she would change my flight from 4/9/2020 to 3/9/2020. Thanks to this wonderful person, I was able to be with my Sister before she passed on 4/9/2020. If I had taken the 4/4/2020 flight, my Sister would have passed before I got to say goodbye. I very much appreciated this kind gesture.
AircraftSAAB
RouteDubbo to Sydney
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Consistently delayed"

Trip Verified | Townsville to Cairns. Unreliable. Consistently delayed and then cancelled at the last minute with no warning. Worst airline in Australia by a long way. If you're booking with REX to save $50 or get a flight a couple of hours earlier/later don't risk it, just book with the real airlines.
RouteTownsville to Cairns
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"commend flight attendant Georgia"

Not Verified | I flew with Rex on 4 flights recently between Lismore, Sydney and Wagga, and return. All flights were on time, comfortable, and the service was very good. I particularly wanted to commend flight attendant Georgia on the Wagga - Sydney flight. She exuded a genuinely warm personality in every aspect of her work, from the friendly smile and pleasant voice to the competent service.
RouteWagga Wagga to Sydney via Lismore