Regional Express

"worst regional airline"

Trip Verified | Perth to Albany. This is the worst regional airline I have ever had to fly. They are always late with very poor communication. Fortunately for them, there is no competition in the routes they fly. Otherwise they would not have a business. They should be ashamed of the poor service they provide.
RoutePerth to Albany
Date FlownJuly 2019

"kindness has humbled me greatly"

Not Verified | Just want to say a big ‘thank you’ to Julie in customer service! We had an unexpected death in the family & I had to change my teenage sons flights to get him home early. Julie was so kind & made sure the flight crew were aware that he may be a little emotional. She even went as far as to ring me an hour before his flight to reassure me that they were going to keep an eye out for him. Thank you. Your kindness has humbled me greatly.
RouteMelbourne to Mildura
Date FlownMay 2019

"highly recommend REX"

Trip Verified | I have flown with Reginal Express or 'REX' as known locally several times previously. Last Thursday 14th February 2019 I boarded a flight back home to Adelaide from Mount Gambier where I had been on a business trip. I was greeted by Carly who was our flight attendant for the flight. I was pleasantly surprised by her level of service and professionalism. I can say every other time I had flown REX the service was good, although on this day it was outstanding. She made everybody on board feel welcome, she provided snacks and drinks to all passengers and walked the aisle regularly to enquire if any of the passengers required anything, I'd like to personally congratulate her on her level of service, well done! I would highly recommend REX to anyone flying regionally within Australia.
AircraftSAAB 340
RouteMount Gambier to Adelaide
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"a very enjoyable experience"

Trip Verified | Monkey Mia to Perth. The flight attendant Kiara was such a delight. She was so welcoming and made every effort to make the flight as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Her personality was a delight. I was lucky enough to have her on my return trip to Perth. So much nicer than the Virgin staff (Melbourne to Perth) who could barely crack a smile. Thank you for a very enjoyable experience.
RouteMonkey Mia to Perth
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"always delayed, overly expensive"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Griffith. Always delayed. Overly expensive. Overall experience is beyond poor. 70% of the time I experience delays. The only reason I fly with REX is because no other airline goes to my rural destination. I understand delays are sometimes unavoidable, however, that should be the exception, not the norm!
RouteSydney to Griffith
Date FlownAugust 2018

"customer service is poor"

Trip Verified | I have been flying to work with Rex airlines every week since December between Burnie and Melbourne. Unfortunately it is the only airline operating in this route so I have to put up with their poor service. 80 percent of the flights have been delayed. The customer service is poor so that you can`t even get a proper explanation why your flight is delayed. In one instance, my checked baggage got damaged while traveling from Melbourne to Burnie. My damage claim got rejected on the basis that the damage is reasonable. I just feel bad that I am a regular Rex airlines customer.
AircraftSaab SF340 A/B
RouteBurnie to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2018

"relaxed approach to service and punctuality

Trip Verified | Perth to Albany. Rex has a relaxed approach to service and information and punctuality. On board is very convivial - nice genuine service for the short flight, and with the pilots saying hello before you step up on board. But everything else can be weirdly substandard for 2018. Out of the last 8 flights on this sector, half have been delayed or cancelled. The fun starts with the latter. Little information or support is provided when things go wrong. You will receive no direction in writing what to do so listen carefully to the gate announcement if the plane is cancelled. "Recovery flight at 7am. Be at gate around six". That’s it. If you gave a hearing or sensory impairment, you are a bit doomed. There is an option to purchase a $5 insurance for delays at every ticket purchase. Probably a good deal given the frequency of delays. But little information on Website what to do if a delay. Also if the west coast, the call centre closed. So good luck! In summary, drive Albany to Perth if you can. If you can’t always purchase the insurance and make contingencies on travelling for business as it is not reliable. But if you get onboard and away on time, it is not an unpleasant experience!
RoutePerth to Albany
Date FlownAugust 2018

"the most outstanding cabin service"

Trip Verified | Hats off to Rex for once again delivering the most exceptional service on their 7.20pm service from Melbourne to Albury on Friday 27th April 2018. From check in to boarding, from a laugh with the first officer at the foot of the stairs at how cold it was on the tarmac at Tullamarine, to the most outstanding cabin service. A particular staff member looking after us in the cabin always goes that extra mile to ensure not only mine, but everyone's comfort on board.
AircraftSAAB-340
RouteMelbourne to Albury
Date FlownApril 2018

2nd May 2018 : Regional Express response

Dear Douglas, Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us on Skytrax. We certainly pride ourselves on providing an excellent service, and we are so pleased to hear that our staff have gone the extra mile to make your flight not only comfortable but memorable. We look forward to welcoming you on board again in the future. Kind regards, The Rex Team

"by far the best customer service"

Trip Verified | Early morning Flight with Regional Express from Sydney to Moruya on 16 March 2018. The flight departed on time and was very comfortable. A huge thanks to the sole flight attendant on board. Not only was she cheerful and professional, her attentiveness to all passengers was by far the best customer service I have experienced in such a long time. 10/10!
AircraftSaab 340
RouteSydney to Moruya
Date FlownMarch 2018

23rd March 2018 : Regional Express response

Dear N Baxter, Thank you for taking your time to write your review. We pride ourselves in having an efficient air service and are pleased to hear when the Rex Team go that extra mile. I have forwarded your kind words to our National Flight Attendant Manager for the staff involved to be recognised. Thank you for your support and we wish you all the best in your retirement and we look forward on welcoming you onboard the next time you travel with us. Kind Regards, The Rex Team

"Absolutely fantastic service"

Trip Verified | Flew Mount Isa to Cairns. Absolutely fantastic service! Travelling with an infant at the age of 6wks on my own was a little daunting but Regional Express made the trip so comfortable and reassuring for myself and my baby. Would fly with them over a larger airline anytime. Thank You Rex!
RouteMount Isa to Cairns
Date FlownFebruary 2018

8th February 2018 : Regional Express response

Dear Jess Mason, Thank you for sharing your review with us on Skytrax. We certainly pride ourselves on offering our passengers a service based on good-old fashioned country friendliness, ensuring that flying with us is a unique and special experience! We are grateful for your support, and look forward to welcoming you onboard in the future. Kind Regards, The Rex Team