Regional Express

"a very enjoyable experience"

Trip Verified | Monkey Mia to Perth. The flight attendant Kiara was such a delight. She was so welcoming and made every effort to make the flight as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Her personality was a delight. I was lucky enough to have her on my return trip to Perth. So much nicer than the Virgin staff (Melbourne to Perth) who could barely crack a smile. Thank you for a very enjoyable experience.
RouteMonkey Mia to Perth
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"always delayed, overly expensive"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Griffith. Always delayed. Overly expensive. Overall experience is beyond poor. 70% of the time I experience delays. The only reason I fly with REX is because no other airline goes to my rural destination. I understand delays are sometimes unavoidable, however, that should be the exception, not the norm!
RouteSydney to Griffith
Date FlownAugust 2018

"customer service is poor"

Trip Verified | I have been flying to work with Rex airlines every week since December between Burnie and Melbourne. Unfortunately it is the only airline operating in this route so I have to put up with their poor service. 80 percent of the flights have been delayed. The customer service is poor so that you can`t even get a proper explanation why your flight is delayed. In one instance, my checked baggage got damaged while traveling from Melbourne to Burnie. My damage claim got rejected on the basis that the damage is reasonable. I just feel bad that I am a regular Rex airlines customer.
AircraftSaab SF340 A/B
RouteBurnie to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2018

"relaxed approach to service and punctuality

Trip Verified | Perth to Albany. Rex has a relaxed approach to service and information and punctuality. On board is very convivial - nice genuine service for the short flight, and with the pilots saying hello before you step up on board. But everything else can be weirdly substandard for 2018. Out of the last 8 flights on this sector, half have been delayed or cancelled. The fun starts with the latter. Little information or support is provided when things go wrong. You will receive no direction in writing what to do so listen carefully to the gate announcement if the plane is cancelled. "Recovery flight at 7am. Be at gate around six". That’s it. If you gave a hearing or sensory impairment, you are a bit doomed. There is an option to purchase a $5 insurance for delays at every ticket purchase. Probably a good deal given the frequency of delays. But little information on Website what to do if a delay. Also if the west coast, the call centre closed. So good luck! In summary, drive Albany to Perth if you can. If you can’t always purchase the insurance and make contingencies on travelling for business as it is not reliable. But if you get onboard and away on time, it is not an unpleasant experience!
RoutePerth to Albany
Date FlownAugust 2018

"the most outstanding cabin service"

Trip Verified | Hats off to Rex for once again delivering the most exceptional service on their 7.20pm service from Melbourne to Albury on Friday 27th April 2018. From check in to boarding, from a laugh with the first officer at the foot of the stairs at how cold it was on the tarmac at Tullamarine, to the most outstanding cabin service. A particular staff member looking after us in the cabin always goes that extra mile to ensure not only mine, but everyone's comfort on board.
AircraftSAAB-340
RouteMelbourne to Albury
Date FlownApril 2018

2nd May 2018 : Regional Express response

Dear Douglas, Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us on Skytrax. We certainly pride ourselves on providing an excellent service, and we are so pleased to hear that our staff have gone the extra mile to make your flight not only comfortable but memorable. We look forward to welcoming you on board again in the future. Kind regards, The Rex Team

"by far the best customer service"

Trip Verified | Early morning Flight with Regional Express from Sydney to Moruya on 16 March 2018. The flight departed on time and was very comfortable. A huge thanks to the sole flight attendant on board. Not only was she cheerful and professional, her attentiveness to all passengers was by far the best customer service I have experienced in such a long time. 10/10!
AircraftSaab 340
RouteSydney to Moruya
Date FlownMarch 2018

23rd March 2018 : Regional Express response

Dear N Baxter, Thank you for taking your time to write your review. We pride ourselves in having an efficient air service and are pleased to hear when the Rex Team go that extra mile. I have forwarded your kind words to our National Flight Attendant Manager for the staff involved to be recognised. Thank you for your support and we wish you all the best in your retirement and we look forward on welcoming you onboard the next time you travel with us. Kind Regards, The Rex Team

"Absolutely fantastic service"

Trip Verified | Flew Mount Isa to Cairns. Absolutely fantastic service! Travelling with an infant at the age of 6wks on my own was a little daunting but Regional Express made the trip so comfortable and reassuring for myself and my baby. Would fly with them over a larger airline anytime. Thank You Rex!
RouteMount Isa to Cairns
Date FlownFebruary 2018

8th February 2018 : Regional Express response

Dear Jess Mason, Thank you for sharing your review with us on Skytrax. We certainly pride ourselves on offering our passengers a service based on good-old fashioned country friendliness, ensuring that flying with us is a unique and special experience! We are grateful for your support, and look forward to welcoming you onboard in the future. Kind Regards, The Rex Team

"reassured and comforted them"

Trip Verified | My husband, 2 young boys, aged 4 and 7, and I flew to Merimbula for a holiday and we were allocated 2 x 2 seats in consecutive rows. My boys chose to sit together and my husband and I sat directly behind them. As we ascended, both of them started to panic, one feeling sick, the other saying he couldn’t breath. There was quite a scene which all passengers were witness to. I’d leaned forward to reassure them, but was obviously constrained by my seatbelt whilst the seatbelt sign was on. Our flight attendant, when safe to do so, came directly to my children’s side, knelt down to their level, and reassured and comforted them. She was completely forthcoming and generous in her care. My boys were instantly calmed.
RouteMelbourne to Merimbula
Date FlownDecember 2017

8th January 2018 : Regional Express response

Dear S Shaw, Thank you for sharing your review with us on Skytrax. One of the characteristics which sets Rex apart from other operators in our industry is the commitment and friendliness of our staff. We are so pleased to hear when our Rex Team go that extra mile! We are grateful for your support, and look forward to welcoming you onboard in the future. Kind Regards, The Rex Team

"Genuine customer service"

Verified Review | Armidale to Sydney. A great country airline. Genuine customer service and hospitality. The whole experience was fantastic. The online booking was easy. The check in procedure was great. Onboard the solo flight attendant was exceptional. The catering was excellent. Comfort and safety outstanding.
AircraftSaab 340
RouteArmidale to Sydney
Date FlownOctober 2017

20th October 2017 : Regional Express response

Dear N Lester, Thank you for sharing your review with us on Skytrax. We are happy to hear that you have had an excellent experience with us. The Rex team is committed to providing an excellent service to all of our passengers. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback, and we look forward on welcoming you onboard the next time you travel with us. Kind Regards, The Rex Team

"offer my profound thanks"

Verified Review | I would like to offer my profound thanks to all Rex ground staff and our flight attendant for making my day of retirement so overwhelming. I have been travelling to Whyalla to work as a diagnostic sonographer for many years and I travelled back to Adelaide from Whyalla for the last time two weeks ago. The Sunday prior, on my arrival in Whyalla, Gavin met me at the airport and gave me the most exquisite gift of some miniature origami pieces he had made himself, a gift that moved me to tears. On the following Friday, on my departure for Adelaide, most of the Rex ground staff were there to farewell me with hugs and a very moving card. When I boarded the plane, Claudio indicated my seat which was festooned with a farewell sign and a bottle of wine! After giving his safety briefing, Claudio announced to the passengers that I was retiring and when he came with drink/snack service, I was presented with my own special cake! These wonderful people have looked after me for so many years and I consider myself so lucky to have known them.
AircraftSaab
RouteWhyalla to Adelaide
Date FlownJuly 2017

23rd August 2017 : Regional Express response

Dear Bronwyn Tidswell, Thank you for taking your time to write your review. We pride ourselves in having an efficient air service and are pleased to hear when the Rex Team go that extra mile. I have forwarded your kind words to the relevant departments for Gavin, Claudio and all the staff involved to be recognised. Thank you for your support and we wish you all the best in your retirement and we look forward on welcoming you onboard the next time you travel with us.