Qatar Airways

"excellent service onboard"

Trip Verified |   A solid flight. Excellent food, entertainment, and drinks. The seats are very comfortable. Early departure and arrival. They provide excellent service onboard and cabin crew are really attentive towards passengers needs.
RoutePort Harcourt to Doha
Date FlownMarch 2024

“1 hour stuck inside a very hot plane”

(Poland)

Trip Verified | Connection from Doha to Warsaw on 16th May delayed from 8:35 to 13:12 including an excruciating 1 hour (after boarding) stuck inside a very hot plane in Doha. Landed in Warsaw over 4.5 hours later than the scheduled arrival time. Same flight on the previous day was also delayed by over 3 hours, so not a one-off. Awful experience. Definitely not a 5 Star airline in my view.
RouteGoa to Warsaw via Doha
Date FlownMay 2024

"lost my 7-year-old daughter's luggage and golf clubs"

(Cambodia)

Trip Verified | Qatar Airways lost my 7-year-old daughter's luggage and golf clubs. As a result, she was unable to compete in the European Golf Championship, an event she trained eight months for it. Luggage delays happen, but Qatar Airways' handling of the situation was appalling and lacked any compassion. Initially, they seemed unwilling to help. However, after we reported the missing bags, there was a chance they could still arrive in time for the tournament. Qatar Airways informed us they wouldn't transfer the luggage to another airline, even though it could have arrived in time for the tournament. This forced my daughter to withdraw, which was incredibly disappointing, especially after they initially indicated it might be possible to get her clubs there in time. The mishandling of Viviane's luggage, containing irreplaceable custom-made golf clubs and other essential equipment, directly resulted in her inability to compete in the European Golf Championship in Edinburgh. This loss represents not only a significant professional setback for a young athlete with immense promise but also a profound personal disappointment. The lack of care exhibited by Qatar Airways robbed her of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, the consequences of which extend far beyond the mere financial value of the lost items. Moreover, the provision of false information by Qatar Airways regarding the location and status of the luggage is a further aggravating factor in this case. The reply to all our emails: Sorry for the inconvenience.
RouteSingapore to Edinburgh via Doha
Date FlownMay 2024

"reached out to seek compensation"

(Cayman Islands)

Trip Verified |   In an effort to keep this within wording allowance I will keep this short. Going to the Philippines was without n event. The problems started on Apr 27th 2024 when we were returning. After arriving at gate in Davao we were told there was a delay but told it was only a few minutes. We were boarded and then offloaded. We were made to site for hours without being told anything. Around 1:30am we were told we would have to wait to 4:30am as airstrip is now closed. At 4:30am we were told we would be rerouted to Cebu instead of Doha. When we arrived in Cebu they were to arrange for a hotel and we would travel by bus. They only secured 1 bus so it took hours. It was so hot that I started to get leg cramps and had to use a wheelchair. My legs gave me problems from this for days after returning home. Hotel was nice but this time was costly to me as a flight from Miami to Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands had to be rebooked at my expense of US$262 x 2 = US$524. We also lost our hotel reservation in Miami costing us another US$126. I reached out to seek compensation and they basically responded but ignored.
RouteMiami to Davao via Doha
Date FlownApril 2024

“all expectations met”

Trip Verified | A solid flight with all expectations met. The Plaza Premium lounge in Jakarta is awful but as soon as you board you know you’re on Qatar. Excellent food, entertainment, and drinks. The seats are very comfortable and all the expected amenities are provided. Pyjamas, slippers, large blanket, two pillows and an amenity kit. My only criticism is that after the meal the attendants disappeared, however they answered call buttons immediately. Early departure and arrival.
AircraftA350-900
RouteJakarta to Doha
Date FlownMay 2024

"Food nothing to write home about"

Trip Verified | Treated myself to an upgrade to Business class via an online offer. I was disappointed with the experience, no distinguishing between business and economy when waiting for the aircraft and boarding. Friendly staff and very welcoming. Food was nothing to write home about. Cabin seemed to feel noisy even though it was an early morning flight, couldn't get comfortable for a few hours sleep during the 9 hour flight. Hasn't stopped me booking Business class for my 25 hour return flight in September. Surely lightning cannot strike twice.
RouteDoha to Cebu
Date FlownJune 2023

"crew are really attentive"

(Romania)

Not Verified | I have flown to Doha from Bucharest and all I can say is that is one of the best airlines! They provide excellent service onboard and cabin crew are really attentive towards passengers needs!
RouteBucharest to Doha
Date FlownApril 2024

"cabin staff was gossiping loudly"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | The A350-900 and B787s in Qatar Airways are equipped with the herringbone business class suites, not QSuites, The flight was delayed almost an hour and the pilot could not make up much of the time during the flight but we were exhausted and I could not enjoy my meals, my leek soup was watery the Arabic breakfast was good. WIFI was patchy I had a bulkhead seat and one of the cabin staff was gossiping loudly.
AircraftA350-900
RouteDoha to Jiohannesburg

"Overall a good trip"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | A long trip, with the 16.5 hour non-stop from Auckland to Doha, then onwards to Beirut. Both flights were good, with clean and comfortable planes and a consistently high standard of service - though it's always interesting to see how one individual cabin crew can really make the difference. Crew are generally attentive, and always polite. On the flight from Auckland there was a pre-dinner drinks service (a rarity these days), and regular top-ups during the flight. Excellent selection of alcohol. Food was on the small size, and I find they scrimp with the meal and the condiments - no butter, no salt and pepper - but was pretty tasty. I'm not such a fan of Qatar's IFE - whilst there are lots of choices, they all seem quite mainstream and I struggle to find something I find interesting (I also flew Emirates and Air NZ on this trip, and didn't have that problem). Overall a good trip from a consistent carrier.
AircraftA350-1000
RouteAuckland to Beirut via Doha

"downgrade from QSuites"

Trip Verified |   Shockingly bad ground service. Old aircraft with very outdated seats. Onboard food ok. Onboard service, excellent. Booked for 3 pax. As the result of upgrading one on points (second leg, return) , bookings were detached and two subsidiary pax then offered upgrades on outward leg at half the price offered to me. Change of aircraft on return leg resulted in downgrade from QSuites to 2-2-2 old business class. Seat allocations were not honored on return second leg. Luggage was mishandled in Doha resulting in non arrival. Doha transit staff were rude to young girl in front of us who was denied boarding because she was late to gate. Our luggage was at gate (could hear radio messages) but they never informed us that they weren't loading it. We were permitted to board. On finally getting our luggage that night delivery service person was rude and aggressive and tried to get me to sign waiver in the dark. When I tried to detach attached letter to customer he pulled it off me. Only saving grace is that service attitude onboard was excellent. QATAR do not deserve any awards until they have a consistent product.
RouteDoha to Kuala lumpur