Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew LHR-DOH-DAC. The trip started at the Qatar Business lounge at T4. I thought the lounge was excellent. Food service comfort all first rate. The first flight was on an A319 all business class. The plane feels very exclusive and the level of service and attention was superb. However as a solo traveller I would opt for a different aircraft if possible which allows every passenger direct aisle access. Saying that I sat on the aisle and my neighbour sitting at the window never woke me up getting to the loo. The food was the best I have experienced on a flight. The food I had particularly the main course - lamb with couscous were superb. The flight departed and arrived an hour late but on this occasion this was no problem as I had quite a long layover at Doha. The plane parked on a remote stand and we were bussed on a limo-coach type of coach. It was equipped with 12 spacious sofas. There was no queue at the transit security they x-rayed our bags and I was through to the Al Mourjan lounge within minutes. The lounge is huge with plenty of space to sit I found a sofa to lie down for a few hours before taking a shower and having lunch at the upstairs restaurant. This was a buffet affair rather than cook to order at LHR. Overall I cant knock the lounge it was lovely but I much preferred the LHR lounge it felt more exclusive and the food offering was much better. Unfortunately my flight was delayed by +2 hours and ended up eating again at the lounge. I tried the downstairs restaurant but it only served cold food so returned to the upstairs restaurant. I departed from gate A8 which took about 10 minutes to get to. Amazingly I was the only passenger in Business Class there are 30 seats in the Business cabin of the A330-300 and it was weird having 29 empty seats and 5 FAs to look after me. I had a glass of excellent Billicart Salmon Brut champagne as a pre-flight drink then a fabulous St Clair Sav Blanc with my meal. I chose the mushroom and basil oil soup followed by a rump of lamb. I was too full for a any dessert The food was not as good as the first flight and as expected for a 4 hour flight it was a three course meal rather than a seven course banquet. We arrived just after 2am and I was through immigration in no time. Mainly as there were so few passengers requiring to complete visa on arrival. The hotel had arranged for a fixer to collect me and deliver me to the car pick up point where the hotel mini-van was there to collect me.

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew LHR-DOH on the A380 Lounge access at LHR was good but cheap Champagne. On-board the seat was great. Great food and beverage service. IFE was spot on too. DOH-DAC on A330 They used First Class seating as J seating so I managed to get a flat-bed. Food and beverage on that leg was not great dry possibly due to a delay out of DOH also the IFE has to be reset several times. Return sectors RGN-DOH was on the A330 comfortable seat once again the food from RGN wasn't great but I was hungry so ate it. DOH-LHR was on the Business One A319 aircraft. Comfortable Seats IFE didn't work properly (kept skipping) but I needed to sleep and I think I got about five hours.

Qatar Airways customer review

Just returned to Edinburgh today on QR027 from Doha on Dreamliner. As this is a day flight leaving at 7.30am which is why we booked it does anyone know why every single window blind was put in to blackout mode after breakfast was served (not done by the passengers) and the cabin lights dimmed? Stayed this way throughout flight couldn't even see what the FA was serving us unless you put reading light on. If I wanted the ambience of a night flight I would have booked one! Just wondered if it is Qatar Airways policy to do this even on daytime flights. We were in economy 12 E & F. More legroom on short haul 737s very cramped very disappointed passenger!

Qatar Airways customer review

I flew London-Doha-Kathmandu on 3rd February also in Economy class. The first flight was a Boeing 777 and the second an Airbus A-320. The first flight was one of the best I have had after a bad start. An angry inconsiderate passenger in front of me refused to put up his seat while lunch was served and was incredibly rude to me and the cabin attendant. The cabin attendant suggested I move to an empty emergency door seat which I did and had lots of legroom. The plane was immaculate as was the service. The second flight to Kathmandu was also excellent in every way. Both flights were on time and all flight attendants that I could see were extremely professional helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this airline to all. I am now looking forward to flying on the Airbus A-350.

Qatar Airways customer review

CBR (QF to PER) to MAD Via PER and DOH. This is the second time I have flown Qatar and again was very pleased with the result. All check in staff courteous and helpful. Cabin staff very helpful. Food was simple but very good. Seat was particularly wide for Economy 18.9 inches I think and legroom and recline good. I never sleep well but the cabin and seating gave me the best chance it could in a fairly crowded economy class. Excellent value for money if you can get one of their promotional fares but good anyway.

Qatar Airways customer review

EDI-DOH (13/2/15) DOH-EDI (18/2/15) on B787 Dreamliner - 7 hour sector. Great to have this direct route and seems very popular especially for connections. Second time I have used this service third trip with Qatar. 787 economy seats uncomfortable the 3-3-3 configuration a strange choice. A330 service I flew on in June 2014 DOH-HKG seats were much more comfortable and 2-4-2 better. Metal box on floor on 787 restricts leg room. Leg room tight and unbearable when passenger in front reclines their seat (better leg room on Easyjet a low frills airline). Emirates 777 seats better from GLA-DXB. Cabin service and crew were good on this trip.

Qatar Airways customer review

QR008 Heathrow to Qatar. Seat 14c Economy. No issues at check in or gate Nice comfortable flight about as good as it gets in Economy. Friendly and helpful crew and probably the reason Qatar gets is 5 star award.

(Qatar)

Flew from DOH-LHR on the 12.50pm flight and it was my poorest experience on QA to date. Started off well in the lounge with good service but as soon as I stepped onto the plane the AC was not working. The plane set off with a known fault. During the flight my in-flight system was not working and eventually I gave up. Furthermore on landing we were held on the tarmac without any update from the pilot and to compound a totally miserable flight the walkway was unable to be used due to power loss (not the fault of QA but added to the misery with pilots going into radio silence). What saved me from scoring the trip satisfaction as 1/10 was the usual impeccable flight crew service - top class. QA can do much better and on this flight the experience was anything but a 5* standard.

Qatar Airways customer review

QR836 Doha to Bangkok new Airbus A380 should have been seat 46c economy but moved for no technical reason to a small economy area on the upper deck right at the back of the aircraft. Seat 27G. I chose seat 46c because of its position forward of the leading edge of the wing which on other 380's such as Emirates and Singapore are both relatively quiet and comfortable in turbulence. This new position was noisy (engine) and dreadful in turbulence because you are so close to the tail. I understand airlines cannot guarantee your seat request "for technical reasons" but there was nothing wrong with the seat I had chosen. My guess is that as a solo traveller I was probably moved to accommodate a group of two or more travellers that left there checking in and seat reservations until the last minute. I would love to know why people who book flights five or six moths in advance should be penalised for others that either book last minute or don't check in until the last minute. I was told by the cabin purser that the ground staff had moved many people and that that many passengers had complained.

(Poland)

WAW-DOH-BKK and return. Check-in and boarding quick. Aircraft on all flights equipped with PTVs and a great variety of entertainment features good food unlimited drinks including champagne whisky and cognac. Staff very nice and helpful composed of staff from around the globe speaking very good English. DOH-BKK-DOH onboard brand new A380 - the most comfortable flight I've flown. Plenty of legroom very wide PTVs and comfy seats. Now it's hard to change QR for anything else.

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew on 787 Dreamliner from Doha to Singapore. Must say I was so close to my neighbor that I was afraid we would amalgamate into one! All the other amenities and food experience went right out of the window. Anyway all the other things like food entertainment crew were good. But none of it matters when a 6" slightly heavy guy sits in the plane. Qatar Airways might be doing a great job in the Premium Class but since majority of the people travel by economy it should rethink its strategy. Chances of me travelling on Qatar are very small.

(New Zealand)

I had the pleasure of flying with Qatar from NZ to Brazil return and I found there level of service and food superb the only thing they need to look at is their entertainment system it is not reliable at all I spent 28 hours over two flights going there and 23 hours coming back and over the 4 flights in each case I found when you plug your head phones into the socket it was loose and gave a distorted sound. Really annoying when your in a airplane for 14 hours straight. I encourage them to check their systems.

Qatar Airways customer review

I flew Qatar last month multiple times DFW-DOH-IKA-DOH-MED JED-DOH-IKA-DOH-DFW. Have to say I agree with one of the previous reviews regarding staff behavior change as soon as they see a business or first class ticket. Had to change my boarding pass in Dallas while staying in the line the staff were really inattentive and not caring. As soon as I handed over my boarding pass all of the sudden the attitude changed and maybe apologized 4-5 times for making me wait in the line! Flight attendants are nice. Very polite some happier than others but overall very attentive. The food selection was not appealing to my taste but good specially if you are a fan of middle eastern and Indian types of food. Drink selections were really good. The meals are served a la cart. Has its own cons and pros. It is good to have the option of having what you want when you want. However can be bothersome in a sense specially when the cabin lights are turned off and are trying to get some sleep and the passenger next to you is trying to eat. Overall more satisfied with the short haul business class flights compare to long haul. Seats are very comfortable and wide. Plenty of legroom. I would be happy if the seat had a little separator/divider to give a little more privacy while sleeping specially if the passenger next to you chooses to read watch TV or eat. Doha airport is huge. Not the best airport for short layovers. Make sure you have at lease 90 minutes between two flight. I had 50 minutes and missed my flight. If everything goes well and right on schedule 50 minutes would have been enough but can be too short if your flight is delayed even 5 minutes and plane is not parked at a jetway and passengers are taken to the airport by the bus and so on. Airport staff are nice. Some are really helpful some not much I guess like anywhere else. The lounge is huge. Very contemporary decor. Not many food or drink options in the main sitting area. Two restaurants which can be very over crowded. Restrooms are very insufficient.

Qatar Airways customer review

4 flights 3 of them were a very nice experience. New planes on time and very fast good service. Flight nr. 4 (7h) was with a older A330 and the crew was not so motivated or a bit disorganised. Very slow service. They skipped the first run with drinks and snack and start to serve with the dinner after a while. It took more than 90 minutes to get the first drinks and some food. That flight was a very different experience and not what you expect from a 5 star airline. The new economy seats at the 787 are not very comfortable. hard narrow and a metal box under the seat.

Qatar Airways customer review

JNB-DOH-KWI business class. Seat 4K on JNB-DOH on Dreamliner. On boarding went to lavatory to put on sweat pants and a tee-shirt and was offered on the way in a clothes hanger by the purser for the clothes I was changing out of. Nice touch. He came around and introduced himself to each biz passenger. One arm rest wouldn't move with the electronic function. Next thing I knew there was an engineer member of the ground staff lying in the aisle looking under my seat with a flashlight. Couldn't fix the problem but he sure tried. Food and service during the flight were excellent. Just before arrival in DOH the purser informed me that I would miss my connection to KWI and had been rebooked on a later flight. A member of the ground staff met me on disembarkment in DOH and took me immediately to the gate for my KWI flight which was delayed anyway due to fog in KWI. Lots of good attention from QR on these flights. I like the 1-2-1 seating in biz class on the 787.

Qatar Airways customer review

Milan to Nairobi via Doha. Both legs on A320 aircraft. The newer aircraft on the first leg provided softer seating and entertainment on demand while the older A320 on the second leg had harder seating and no entertainment. Legroom is an issue because of the entertainment box under the seat in front of you (F seats) but otherwise okay. Recline is generous even though people behind you complain that it invades their space.

Qatar Airways customer review

I flew LHR-DOH-PER in business class in December 2014. Seats / staff / service excellent. Catering however for special diet (gluten free) was awful. Nicely presented but just dry chicken FOUR times over the 2 legs! GF is very easy diet to produce tasty meal. Just had a far better one on Qantas domestic flight in economy! Have flown all major airlines to Oz and this was the worst for me for food.

(Sri Lanka)

CMB-FRA business class. I took the night flight and I arrived rested in Germany 30 minutes earlier than expected so I was able to change my connecting flight within Germany and arrived earlier at my final destination in Germany. On my return to CMB in Frankfurt the ground handling staff were very impolite firstly when they didn't know which class I was in suddenly when they saw my ticket a smile appeared this shouldn't be every customer should be treated the same way. The flight from FRA to DOH had a delay therefore the connecting time to DOH to CMB was only 30 minutes. As earlier stated in some of the reviews from others some of the planes business class is just a better economic class as you are unable to rest. However I wouldn't mind recommending the airline.

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew economy on Boeing 787 Dreamliner from Edinburgh to Bali via Doha. Worst seating I have encountered in economy. Not only are the seats very narrow but some design genius who has never flown economy thought it would be a good feature to locate a large IFE box under the seat so one leg will always be constantly rubbing against it. When the seat in front is reclined there is no room to move so the people in the window or middle seat are trapped. Service was ok but choice of movies not as extensive as Emirates.

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew QR 651 Kathmandu-Doha on 20th Jan and QR 11 Doha-LHR on 21st Jan. Both flights in economy class and were excellent. The first flight was on an Airbus 330 and the second on an Airbus 340. The cabin attendants were friendly and helpful. A small wet towel to freshen up after wake up would have been nice before we ate breakfast. Both flights were punctual. Food was as good as can be expected on a flight. The new Hamad Airport in Doha can only be described as superb in every way. My next journey will be on 3rd February LHR-DOH-KTM and two further round trips expected this year. I will continue to use Qatar Airways.

(Spain)

KUW-DOH-TEH. All flights on time. Flying Qatar is always great. Fast and easy check in ground staff very attentive. Boarding on time and FA the best service of any airline I have flown so far. Comfortable A320 both sectors good legroom. Full meal on every flight. IFE also available. Doha new airport amazing. Perfect organization no lines for security on connection. Business lounge the best I've seen so far. Arrival on time bags on belt short after arrival.

Qatar Airways customer review

Edinburgh to Doha flight QR 28 on 24th January 2015. First time I've flown with Qatar Airways. I would not hesitate in recommending them. I believe this is the best economy class flight I have been on. Spacious seating tasty food and friendly attentive staff. I have experience of long haul flights where the cabin crew get the service out of the way as quickly as possible and then disappear behind a curtain for the rest of the flight. This was not like that at all. They were helpful throughout the flight. I was very impressed.

Qatar Airways customer review

QR708 IAD-DOH. Seat 3K. Not sure what happened to QR this evening but from the start it is not what one expects from this carrier. My last four trips with QR including this one have entailed lengthy business class check-in waits at IAD. Why can't QR at IAD have enough dedicated business class check-in counters to manage the flow of checking-in passengers in a way that prioritizes high yield customers? Waiting 30 minutes to check-in from the business class line while watching economy class passengers who arrived well after me breeze up to the counter is just not acceptable. QR needs to look at this seriously. This isn't the first time I've encountered this while checking in for this flight at IAD. The flight left early. Turbulence early on delayed the dinner service. However once it started the left aisle of the business cabin was on to their second course before passengers on the right aisle even had a drink. The purser should ensure consistency throughout the cabin. The FA working in my aisle asked if she could clear my service items before I'd even been served the main course. I informed her that I hadn't had dinner yet. When ordering appetizers I was told that one of my appetizer selections might not be available as many other passengers had ordered the same thing. Really? The business cabin is not full and I'm in row 3. My main course for the dinner a lamb shank with root vegetables was entirely under-whelming. When put in front of me the sauces were congealed. Once I started to eat it it was only tepidly warm. The purser came around and asked me how my meal was and I told her it was not hot and that it looked like it had been sitting for a while. I got a nice smile and an I'm sorry Sir but no offer to have it re-heated or replaced. What particularly irked me was that just minutes after take-off the purser went around the cabin summarily closing everyone's window shades. A hand appeared from the row behind me to close the window that I was looking out of at that moment admiring the night time view of New York. There's lots of time remaining just after take off on a night-time transatlantic flight for FAs to go around the cabin and discretely close the window shades before sunrise. Believe it or not some passengers may want to see the night-time lights of New York Boston Halifax or St. John's. If they want to close all the shades early on in the flight they can at the least ask passengers if they want their shades drawn rather than just briskly machine-like marching around the cabin closing them. Passengers typically chose window seats for a reason. Sorry QR not one of your better days.

Qatar Airways customer review

Outbound LHR-DOH-MEL return MEL-DOH-MAN. 3rd time flying Qatar business class. The Qatar lounge at LHR is incredible. Modern well designed comfortable with great staff and fantastic food and drinks on offer. We had a full breakfast with a couple of glasses of champagne and it was a great way to start our vacation. Our first flight from LHR was on the three class A340-600 and I was impressed. This was our first time on this aircraft type with Qatar and I was surprised how spacious it was. The angled lie flat seat was comfortable enough to get a few hours sleep. The galley is at the rear of business class so the front seats get served last. We had a couple of hours to kill in Doha before our next flight to Melbourne. This was our first time at the new Hamad airport. It was great not to have to do the long bus tour of the airport as you did at the old terminal. The business class lounge is really badly sign-posted but we found it eventually. The lounge was impressive but I think I was expecting more. Table service drinks throughout the lounge apart from one proper bar which is located upstairs. Return flights to Melbourne were on the 2 class 777. The space in business is incredible and the lie flat seats are comfortable. First time we've been given the mattresses which you now get with the usual PJs and slippers but only on night flights. I thought the mattress was a nice touch and added to the overall comfort. Our return flight from Melbourne used the Qantas business lounge which was really poor. Uncomfortable and a very poor selection of food and drink. I was glad to get out of there. Our Melbourne departure was delayed by 45 minutes and we only had a 65 minute transfer time at Doha. From my experience great customer service comes into play when things go wrong (like flight delays) and Qatar handled things superbly. We were met as we left the aircraft with details of our transfer gate and the aircraft was held on stand for us until we arrived. Our luggage was fast tracked and I was amazed to see it on the carousel at Manchester airport. The flight to Manchester was on the smaller A330.200 but again a great aircraft (slightly older) with an angled lie flat seat. Food and beverage on all flights was to a really good standard. But what really makes Qatar stand out though is the consistently high standard of service in business class. I was really impressed with this on all our flights and their five star status really is deserved.

(Italy)

MXP-DOH-INC - PEK-DOH-MXP. 3 flights out of 4 on the 777 1 on the 330. Business seat on the 777 far superior compared to the rather cramped and angled 330. What I liked on the 777 seat is the fact that there is plenty of space and no "foot box" so you can sleep in any position and have freedom of movement. The 330 had the "foot box" which restricts movement and is quite annoying and doesn't go flat. Service on all sectors was excellent as was food and wines. Couldn't fault the staff at all. Having a 7 hour layover on the outbound trip we went on the free Doha city tour which was well worth it. Back in time to relax for a couple of hours in the enormous lounge. Would recommend Qatar but beware of travelling on the cramped 330 business class which is ok for a day flight but not a night flight.

Qatar Airways customer review

DOH-CMB-DOH. Business Class. QR does not live up to its "The World's Five Star Airline" slogan on some routes. It could be three to four star service especially as they have varying business class products (seats IFE etc.) in their fleet. Outbound I carefully selected a B777-300ER when booking but they changed that later to an older A321 that did not have lie-flat sleeper seats on this 4.5 hour night flight that was scheduled to leave DOH at 01:05. It left DOH about an hour late due to the incoming aircraft's delay and failed to make-up the lost time when arriving in CMB. Boarding was very poor in DOH and CMB. The seats more like premium economy products in many airlines' fleets were most uncomfortable and the control buttons didn't respond well to make adjustments. No amenity kit was offered and the food served was slightly above average. It was good that there were only six passengers in the 12-seat cabin on that flight so we could spread out a bit. The two inflight staff members were very good and attentive. On the inbound flight the B777-300ER's seating product was in complete contrast to their A321 though still not on par with the latest offerings of some of their competitors and also their own B787/A380 business class products. The service and food were similar to the outbound flight. This flight was on time. The new QR business class lounge in DOH is outstanding and amazing in terms of design and services available. The new DOH airport itself is not as good as places like Changi in Singapore but a huge improvement over the old one. I would use QR again on this route due to their three daily flights to CMB and their OneWorld membership that allows me to earn Avios and Tier benefits as a Sapphire OneWorld member.

Qatar Airways customer review

I had flown on BRU-DOH-BOM leg which was a nice and enjoyable trip for me. The check-in was quite comfortable for me. Considering the fact that I have some health issues pertaining to my back I was allotted a bulkhead seat with extra-leg space for the BRU-DOH 8 hour long sector. The welcoming by the cabin crew was very appealing and we were served with fresh towels and candies. The in-flight entertainment was also good since they had movies and other audio-visuals in the most updated forms. The food served was very delicious and was specifically served to me as per my special request for food. All the cabin crew were very pleasant and had a smiling face all the time which was very warming for everyone. The only drawback here was that the cabin crew being English speaking could not communicate with the mostly French and Dutch speaking passengers. Overall I recommend it for further trip. I have my return leg with Qatar Airways and will update you soon about my other experience.

(Sweden)

Stockholm - Doha - Nairobi return. A very comfortable trip in new airplanes (Dreamliner for one leg) helpful staff very tasty food and a great entertainment system. The change of planes in the middle of the night is not that great but the advantage is that you quickly go to sleep on the second leg. In spite of the great flight experience I am a bit hesitant to choosing Qatar again given the reports on how they treat some of their staff.

Qatar Airways customer review

Dec 15-Jan 1. QR734/556 and 733/557. DFW-DOH-BOM R/T on QR 777 (LR and ER) in business with family over the holidays. I flew Cathay in First from LAX-HKG R/T just a few days earlier and felt that this experience was on par with CX First and in some areas even better - and that says a lot as CX is world class. In my 15 years of top tier business travel this business class experience stood out as the best. Right from the pre departure drinks service to the excellent restaurant style (and quality) meals to the amenities on board (excellent Ferragamo and Armani kits mattress pads duvets pyjamas superb champagnes) to the crew and the world class new lounge at Hamad - this was an experience! The Business/First lounge at Hamad is huge (not Emirates huge) but manageable. The shower amenities (L'Occitane) and the restaurants in the lounge are excellent (yes Krug is still being served in the business restaurant). The bus transfer (once) was in a bus with 8 lounge style sofa seats. A good way to start the new year!

(Palestinian Territories)

Manchester-Doha sector.–While boarding had to wait in the walkway leading to the aircraft door as clearing of the aircraft was in final stages of completion unfortunately icy cold gusts of wind were funnelling into the tunnel. However all this discomfort was easily forgotten on seeing the warm and cheerful welcome we received from the two smart cabin attendants at the doorway. As usual Qatar airways aircraft was spotlessly clean. The 2-4-2 seating of the A332 is ideal for couples who wish to have their space remain uncompromised. The seat pitch of ~32” and width of ~18” is better than many other offerings which give a claustrophobic ‘sardine-can’ambience the cushioning is also more comfortable. The IFE has been upgraded to Touch Screen technology and the availability of Wifi is a further value addition. Service by the cabin staff was as good as ever. Flight deck crew also kept passengers updated on relevant flight parameters. Compared to my previous experience the only aspect that has slipped was the catering. On this sector breakfast and a snack were served I had requested a low-salt diet which was complied with in both instances but the quality of the offerings was very average tasteless and just warm the quantity of the serving has also diminished since my last economy class flight. Doha - Islamabad sector. Due to foggy conditions across parts of the North Indian sub-continent the flight was delayed by some 11 hrs. Though the airlines website stipulates that passengers whose transits exceed 8 hrs would be provided hotel accommodation commensurate with their class of travel they were unable to do so in many a case as the airport hotel had been totally booked they did however provide meal vouchers and make the ‘quiet rooms available to the stranded passengers which I feel did alleviate their plight to some degree. The flight left on time according to the new delayed schedule and service on board was as good as always cabin crew were very pleasant and helpful throughout catering quality/quantity somewhat less than previous experiences but quite acceptable. The aircraft was well maintained and the as clean and tidy as I have always experienced with Qatar Airways.

Qatar Airways customer review

Madrid to Dubai and Muscat to Brussels in Economy and Business classes on various segments. Everyone from ground staff to flight crews was friendly and courteous. Free meals and alcohol were served even in economy class. Personal seatback TVs had a massive selection of films. The flight crews made numerous drink runs throughout the long-haul flights - again this is Economy Class - offering refills even more free alcohol and fresh water. The leg room was very generous the seats extremely comfortable. This airline makes carriers from the USA and even Europe look very bad by comparison.

(Greece)

My family and I travelled ATH-DOH-BKK on 23 Dec 2014 and SIN-DOH-ATH on 4 Jan 2015. Athens to Doha on an A321. The entertainment system didn't show any flight info or map. Doha to Bangkok - 1.5 hours into the flight they served a small snack - a spinach pie for vegetarians or chicken pie. After some 5 hours they served a small breakfast - nothing special for an 8 hours flight. The plane was an A380 which was the best of the 4 we travelled on during this trip. At least it was clean and comfortable for a long flight. For the SIN-DOH leg they used a B787 which was new but uncomfortable for tall passengers. Once seats recline it's practically impossible to eat or stand up. The breakfast 1 hour before Doha was so bad thst we gave it back untouched. Doha to Athens entertainment system at seat did not work but the A330 was not full so we could change seats. They served the same breakfast as SIN-DOH. The A330 was full of dust - the seat pocket was full of garbage from the last flight.

Qatar Airways customer review

Melbourne to Doha 12 Dec 2014 QR 905. Doha to New York (JFK) 15 Dec 2014 QR 701. New York (JFK) to Doha 7 Jan 2015 QR 702. Doha to Melbourne 9 Jan 2015 QR 904. Staff are efficient professional polite and helpful. The QR ground staff were knowledgeable and helpful. The cabin crew were friendly. The food wines champagne soft drinks tea etc. that was served were of excellent quality. The business class seats on the Boeing 777-300ER aircraft's which we took on every sector were very comfortable it is a lie flat bed with built in massage options there is lots of leg room. The seats are very comfortable. The Salvatore Ferragamo amenities were fantastic. All four flights took off on time and landed early. The cabin crew and cockpit crew kept passengers informed about any important updates such as weather etc. All our luggage was at the carousel on time. I highly recommend QR.

(South Africa)

My husband and I flew economy via Qatar Airways into Chicago and returned via Philadelphia Dec 2014 and returned Jan 2015. The service both on land and in flight was exceptional!!!! The food and food presentation was first class! A pure joy in relation to other airlines we have flown. The air stewards were always willing to help well dressed and had a good attitude at all times. There is ample leg room even with the entertainment box if there was one at our feet. If you wish to fly Qatar please take a converter for your personal headphones as theirs is a 2 prong. We had a 24 hour lay over in Doha. Qatar Airways granted us an accommodation and food voucher. Our stay in Doha was wonderful and memorable. It is an easy process at Hamad Airport to get the vouchers and board the shuttle to the relevant hotel. I was anxious about this period but it was an easy stay over. My husband and I highly recommend Qatar Airways.

(Denmark)

I traveled from Copenhagen to Doha and Doha to Kuala Lumpur. Overall a very pleasant experience as the flight was clean and new the staff were extremely friendly and I loved the special meal options. We all had our own TV screens as well which was really entertaining. The only negative thing about Qatar Airways is that the legroom is very limited which disappointed me as I really needed some leg room to relax as I am 185 cm tall (a very normal height here in Europe). I hope Qatar Airways will provide some more legroom to its passengers.

Qatar Airways customer review

LHR – DOH – MAA return on 21st – 31st December ’14. I flew the same route with Qatar in 2011 and was really impressed with the service at the time so was looking forward to the same thing this time travelling with my wife. On the day of our departure I was somewhat disappointed that due to a change of plane from A340 to A330 on the LHR-DOH leg my reserved seats no longer applied and we were stuck over the wing however we had at least been given seats together. It’s fair to say that our impression of Qatar’s in-flight experience for the whole of the first three legs (that is to Chennai and back to Doha on return) was good. All were on A330s (either -200 or -300s). The planes were comfortable with good leg-room (although beware of the entertainment box which takes up half the foot-space for all window seats) the cabin crew were attentive polite and friendly the food was impressively above average – all the seats seemed to have been refurbished on our planes and were comfortable. As for the new Doha airport even though we only had a 1 hour transit each way it was clearly outstanding with plenty of space to relax use the internet watch TV and many shops albeit expensive ones. Overall the impression was very good though I would have said it had lost that real supreme feel that had so impressed me in 2011. Then on our final leg from Doha – Heathrow I had managed to book this leg on the new A380. Suddenly the wow-factor returned! By some distance the best flight we have ever taken! Our seats had again been changed but boy were we glad! Between booking and flying I'd joined the Qatar Privilege Club and we’d been moved to the small economy section at the back of the top deck which had been fully blocked out when I reserved seats. Instead of 3-4-3 seating it’s 2-4-2 and the experience was great. Comfortable seats lots of legroom big HD quality IFE screens fantastic service from 2 dedicated cabin crew and 2 toilets for just 8 rows of seats storage box next to the window complimentary mini amenity kit for all economy passengers and of course that great feeling of walking up the stairs inside the plane to reach our seats. The fact that its such a small section of economy makes it feel pretty exclusive too. In economy? Fly the A380 if you can!

Qatar Airways customer review

EDI-DOH-SGN. Short 75 minute transfer in Doha but everything went smoothly. Usual Hugh quality of food drink and service. The only downside was that the AV on the first sector (Dreamliner) didn't work.

Qatar Airways customer review

MUC-DOH-KUL-SIN-DOH-MUC. My second trip with Qatar Airways. Crew and staff were very good at dealing with their tasks. Very friendly flight attendants. Food and Drinks were ok. 787 is a real dream. Very nice IFE system and also a nice atmosphere in the plane. A330 is also pretty decent but IFE system could be newer. Overall no problems with transfer or baggage. Will fly with them next year too.

Qatar Airways customer review

SGN-DOH-EDI. Very strange first sector. There seemed to be fewer cabin crew serving our side of the cabin and the guy we encountered most seemed very flustered almost as if it were his first day on the job. The printed menu card was substituted with a photocopied equivalent when our food order was taken and it featured a few changes none of them for the better. They also quickly ran out of rose champagne and one of the white wines. The next sector to EDI was superb particularly the attentive cabin crew.

(Sweden)

ARN-DOH-DAC and return in economy. ARN-DOH operated by a B787 and DOH-DAC operated by an A333. We had checked in online the night before so no long queues for us! Boarding was fast and efficient at ARN as usual. Was quite excited to fly on the 787 for the first time and I was fairly impressed by the mood lighting in the cabin. However the cabin felt quite cramped in this 9-abreast configuration. The load factor in Y was approximately 80%. The seats were decent the IFE was modern flight attendants were friendly and attentive and the food was great. Overall a great experience on this 6 hour flight. Transfer was smooth in the new Hamad airport. Next flight DOH- DAC on an A333. They changed the operating aircraft to a three class A333. The staff at DOH handled the situation well and new seats were given. My father got seated in business and the rest of us in Y. Flight was 95-100% full in Y. Overall a nice flight with friendly crew decent IFE and decent seats. The only letdown was the food. DAC- DOH operated by an A333 once again the flight was completely packed in business and economy. Boarding was smooth and we were off to DAC. Flight was great as usual with QR nice crew decent IFE and decent seats. The food was quite tasteless and once again the only letdown with this flight. Transfer in Doha was smooth as usual. DOH-ARN operated by A7-BCB I had bought the same plane in 1:200 from DOH. Load factor in Y was about 80-85%. The flight was great as usual except the food arrival at ARN was smooth. I was quite satisfied with QR except on the catering department. We chose QR because of the low fares and I would recommend them if the price is competitive.

Qatar Airways customer review

Our flight was Perth Australia to Manchester UK return and it was a pleasure. We had lie flat beds Perth to Doha. These are excellent even if you don't want to sleep but just want to stretch out. The cabin service was the best I have experienced in Business Class. You can have your meals when you want them. The service was always there and always excellent without being obtrusive. We will certainly be flying with Qatar again this year.

Qatar Airways customer review

Dallas-Doha-Bombay r/t in Business Class. Awesome experience. Excellent seats on B-777 ER/LR superb food (presented first class style - not a tray in sight) awesome lounge in Doha and service from the crew - best I have experienced (and I fly over 150K miles/year with One World). In fact I was on Cathay First a couple weeks prior from LAX-HKG-LAX and this QR service was as good or better (certainly better food on QR business than CX First). Great seat comfort with mattress toppers and duvets and seat massage function Excellent wines (presented restaurant style) and Champagnes - flawless. My wife and 2 kids felt the same way.

(Denmark)

DOH-CPH-DOH-SGN on 18 Dec and 29-30 Dec. 2014. All flights on time. B787-800 DOH-CPH-DOH on B787-800 and A330-200 on the DOH-SGN leg. Food good but much less and of slightly deteriorating quality as compared to previous flights. FA’s professional hard working coping and caring despite the flights were full. Economy on 787 is nothing above normal seats are cramped and exit seats cannot always decline. Gold-tier members recognised in economy (2 out of 3 times). Champagne made available on all flights. Bus-transfers in Doha still frequent and tedious and constitute anti-climax on otherwise spotless trips. New Al Mourjan lounge in Doha huge impressive but lacks personality decorations and toilets. Meals on order.

(Denmark)

SGN-DOH on 17 December 2014. I was smoothly upgraded by miles from their Frequent Flyer Program using “QCredits. This was the only leg on business class (out of 4) enabling me to compare with economy. The A330-200 on SGN-DOH business class seats are flat but not fully horizontal (only decline to 165 degrees) making sleeping horrible. Night-kit and nice cotton pyjamas provided. Service top notch and wines in ultra-top class! Food served on demand and excellent but portions have become very small recently and 2-3 dishes are needed to make up a full meal. FA's the most professional alert and caring I have experienced for long time. Now 4 beers to choose among and the 2 champagne offered are exclusive though still beaten by some of the wines served. Cheese plates nice. Granted access to Business class lounge in Doha despite onwards travel was only in economy.

(Qatar)

DOH-BKK-DOH-MAN-DOH-BKK. Flew from Doha to BKK on the A380. Booked business class but got an upgrade to 1st. (Been with Qatar Airways for several years). 1st Class is nice on the 380 but I'm not convinced of its value for money compared to regular business class. Food was 'so-so' although choice of beverages is excellent. Cabin crew were wonderful as always. Flew the A300-200 from Doha to Manchester (UK) business class and this plane is really showing its age now. Seats are not that comfortable for a 7 hr flight and again the food was only just adequate. I think they must have changed caterers because only a year or so ago the food was always excellent.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Qatar Airways customer review

Per-Doh-Mad November 13 Jo'burg-Doh-Perth. All flight except Jo'burg - Doha on 777. The standard of service in business class on all flights was very good. The best being the Doha - Perth flight were the flight attendants were particularly attentive. All food on all flights was excellent. Again the food on the Perth - Doha flight was particularly good. Found the 787 seats from Joburg to Doha more comfortable than the 777. You did not need a mattress on this flight as the seat in the lie flat position is so well padded. I love the pod with the extra table room and the shoe storage area. Even with the mattress double thick on the 777 you can still not sleep comfortably on your side. Did not have this problem on the 787. All flights were on time or early. Not a huge fan of the new business class lounge at Hamad Int'l. Not as well designed or sign posted inside as it should be. The seating is great but the design does not flow for me. Will continue to fly with Qatar as they offer one of the best business class products in the air.

Qatar Airways customer review

We flew DXB-DOH-HKT in business return all on the A330 except the last leg on the 787. Very good service from the crew but can be a bit slow in getting drinks and food out. Business cabin is what you would expect from a quality airline like QR very good. IFE is good and food is not bad for airline food. All flights were on time. Business class in the dreamliner is excellent would love to fly a longer route on it. The lounge in DOH is excellent and massive! The Lounge in Phuket is a joke operated by Thai Airways I dont know why QR use it as the lounge beside it which Etihad use is much better. Definitely would fly Qatar again and recommend them.

(Sweden)

ARN-DOH-DAC return in economy. First leg ARN-DOH operated by a Boeing 787-8 was quite excited to fly on the B787 for the first time. We had checked in online so no long queues for us! Boarding was done on-time and efficiently. I was quite impressed with the lighting in the cabin however it felt fairly cramped in a 9-abreast configuration. The flight was about 80% full. Legroom was decent food was great the IFE was great and the flight attendants were very friendly and attentive. Transfer in Doha was smooth the next flight DOH-DAC operated by an A333. Plane change from two class A333 to three class A333. Our chosen seats got changed the staff handled the situation well and new seats were given. My father was placed in business and the rest of us in economy. Flight was about 95% full. Once again a great experience with friendly flight attendants great IFE and decent legroom. Only one option for the meal which was okay nothing special. Return flight DAC-DOH operated by a two class A333. Fight was 100% full. Friendly and attentive crew as usual boarding was done efficiently. We had a great flight with excellent service as usual however the only let down was the food. Transfer in Doha-Hamad was smooth. Lovely airport. We had a pleasant flight as usual but the food was still quite bad. We were offered with one option which is quite bad IMO. We were able to choose from a handful of options on the outbound flight (ARN-DOH). However I had excellent flights with QR nonetheless and I would gladly choose them again in the future!

Qatar Airways customer review

28/10/2014 MUC-DOH QR058. 29/10/2014 DOH-CGK QR956. 10/12/2014 CGK-DOH QR957. 11/12/2014 DOH-MUC QR059. Flights all on time perfect crew performance (ground staff and cabin Crews). Unfortunately some aircraft's still have recliner seats instead of flat beds in Business Class.

(Malaysia)

Flew KUL-DOH-CDG-DOH-KUL. Two flights from and to KUL was operated by an A330-200 while both the flights to and from CDG was operated by their all new A380. First leg was a night flight and the crew was fantastic! They were friendly smiling all the way and nit showing the rushing face even though it was quite a full flight. Food and beverages good portions not too small and had a wide selections of beverages as for IFE selections was ok for adults but for kids not very much. On all the other 3 legs crews were very robotic but did their job. The A380 was a great plane seats were spacious enough and modern. Noticed food catered from DOH not that good but still edible... Pilots on all flights landed perfectly but they seem to be mumbling all the time. Price of tickets were very reasonable and affordable. Thumbs up for Qatar Airways!

Qatar Airways customer review

Perth - Doha - Manchester 14-15th December 2014. Perth - Doha flight - usual B777. Full flight but cabin crew maintained a good friendly service. Have used Qatar over last few years on this run. Standard of food has gone down quite noticeably and beverage service not as frequent as in past (although a full flight could explain this). IFE very poor and aircraft seemed "grubby" (clean but well used). Doha - Man. Airbus 330. Seats tight in width but good IFE aircraft appeared very new. Flight 2/3rds full but cabin service was very poor. Cabin crew sullen only appeared at food serving time and seemed to spend rest of flight sitting on their crew seats looking very unhappy (they did not even appear to chat to each other). Certainly the worst long haul cabin crew i have experienced (the one exception being Iberia on a trip to Argentina). Maybe this was a one off but certainly I will now consider an alternative airline for this run.

Qatar Airways customer review

I recently flew from Perth to Paris. The attendants were lovely and the food wasn't bad (it has certainly improved since my first Qatar flight). However the movie selection was dreadful as usual. I do not understand why they can't have a good selection of recent releases as all the general movies they show have been seen 100 times! The flight from Doha to Paris was great - comfortable and I love the new Doha airport. Despite the IFE I would still travel to Paris from Perth on Qatar because they have really great take off and landing times both ways.

Qatar Airways customer review

KWI-DOH on newly refurbished A320 with 2-2 lie flat seats angled toward the windows. Great if US carriers could copy this modely especially for coast-to-coast travel in the US. Service was obliging for this one-hour sector. Connected in DOH to IAD on a 777-300 and was in seat 6K. Overall service was good but somewhat slow due the chief purser having to spend an inordinate amount of time dealing with one selfish and disruptive passenger from Qatar who insisted on bringing his toddler up from economy even though the child not was ticketed in business. He loudly argued with the flight attendants including telling them that he was friends with the Qatar Airways CEO. The chief purser handled the situation admirably and the child was eventually taken back with his nannies in economy. This overly entitled passenger though the plane was his own and that he could do as he liked. Food was good. Call button not always answered very promptly. Washroom kept clean. A great product overall.

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew Dubai-Doha-Colombo with my wife and child in economy. Overall OK food was OK options finish quickly and you have to manage with what is available. Leg room was OK restricted due to entertainment box under the seat. Few things that they may need to look into: Check in staff at Dubai yawning at 8am in morning not as welcoming as we expected. Doha-Colombo sector too cold inside the aircraft for many passengers but repeated request by us to make it a little warmer did not yield any result. Aircraft was clean and well maintained good entertainment system and options. This was 1'st Qatar airline experience will fly them again but not worth becoming loyal to them.

Qatar Airways customer review

Have used Qatar a number of times for Manchester to Perth via Doha and return always in economy. Sunday 14th Dec 2014. First leg on a full to capacity 777. The cabin crew were excellent in dealing with a full aircraft but the IFE was very poor and limited in choice of films. Also I feel that the standard of food served has fallen considerably. The aircraft itself looked "tired". The leg Doha to Manchester in an A330 was a contrast. Very nice aircraft with good IFE food still of a very average standard but the real difference was the cabin crew. I got the distinct impression that we were a nuisance and interrupting their rest time. No smiles indeed they were quite sullen and spent most of the flight sat on their seats by the galley not even chatting to each other. I doubt very much that I will use Qatar again.

Qatar Airways customer review

We flew Bangkok to London return. So with a change in Doha 4 different flights and they all vary. The flights to London were good and especially the first leg with excellent service from the staff. Good food too. But the return was less good. Especially the final leg Doha to Bangkok. We left Doha around 1am and it would have been nice to get a good meal to settle us down for the 6 hour flight but they just brought us a miserable sandwich. 2 hours before arriving into Bangkok - around 10 am - I expected a nice breakfast - nothing too heavy - but the food options were dinner-based - so beef or chicken with veg etc. I think we just wanted eggs or croissants with coffee. I've flown with Qatar many times and I find the service quite variable. The stop-over in Doha bus connections is now a drag.

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew NRT-DOH-JNB return. The leg between Tokyo to Doha was on a 777. Quite comfortable. Service was excellent and the staff very attentive. The crew definitely put in the added little extra attention that makes the difference. Aircraft very clean etc. Trip from Doha to South Africa on the 787. While this aircraft is rather impressive I found the entire experience heavily marred by the presence of the entertainment box under the seat in front of you. This can really make it nigh on impossible to get into a comfortable position. I had read the reviews and didn't think it would be such a big deal. At the beginning it isn't but after some hours it starts to become a problem. On the way back I was actually relieved to get off the 787 and onto the 777 for the trip to Tokyo. Having said that the service on the 787 was of the same high standard that made up for the seat discomfort caused by the entertainment box. All in all the airline itself is excellent and the service quality very high. Qatar definitely deserve the 5 star rating that they have. Would definitely fly Qatar again definitely. But would try to avoid the 787.

Qatar Airways customer review

LHR-DOH-PER-DOH-LHR. Flew the 4 sectors on 777-300 ER recently in Economy. They do a lot of things very well but Seating Inflight Entertainment and Beverages really harm their efforts. Seating is reasonable but what a nonsense on all 4 sectors the recline was! Goes back much too far clears any food and drink off of the table into the lap of the person behind I saw it happen twice and had a very narrow escape myself! When food and drink are not an issue the screen on a fully reclined seat is too much in your face. Drinks were infrequent and if you ordered a Spirit mixer eg. gin & tonic they mixed it for you (in varying strengths) rather than give you the standard small spirit bottle and separate mixer. Small point but again not 5 star standard. Inflight entertainment was good but not great. These are like for like comparisons if the price and schedules are better with Qatar then you may prefer to overlook these issues. Drinks and IFE are small irritations but compared to others they are falling short.

(China)

PVG-DOH-PVG good to have a non-stop flight from Shanghai. Qatar is pleasant and reliable food was below average even for Economy cabin was about 80% full so was able to get an open seat next to me. Entertainment is average not as comprehensive or as up to date as Emirates. Staff were ok but somehow seem cool and disengaged or at least not as personable as on other carriers 777 aircraft was fine service was on time new Doha airport is very handsome and much improved with great lounge space accessible to frequent travelers even holding Economy seats. Not clear why Doha sometimes still uses bus connections to remote parking for arriving flights.

Qatar Airways customer review

I flew London/Dubai and return via Doha in economy class. All 4 legs were on-time or even early! Apart from the Doha/Dubai leg the other flights were only half full so people could spread out and have the centre 4 seats to sleep. However I really would not say it is a five star service! The meals were OK nothing special and the portions not that large. The inflight entertainment was very good in my opinion. No amenity kits with socks or eyeshades for a 6 hr flight! On all 4 legs I found the crews very well groomed professional but not exactly warm and friendly.

Qatar Airways customer review

Booked MAN-DOH-HKG return. DOH-HKG operated by CX so this review refers only to the MAN-DOH sectors. Outbound flight in a modernised A330 with a much smaller IFE box under the seat (makes a big difference to leg room) return flight in an older A330 with the much-larger IFE box and the older-style IFE interface. Leg room not an issue as both flights were half-empty so I had the whole row to myself. Seats on both sectors were very uncomfortable: I always found them comfortable before and the seats look quite new so I suspect that cheaper/uncomfortable seats are now being installed. Cost-cutting and deteriorating standards are now evident elsewhere: tray tables not properly cleaned less food than on previous flights (and worse quality) poorly maintained toilet facilities and very unhappy-looking FAs on both flights. Online booking page kept returning server errors - I tried to make changes to my schedule on several occasions back home as well as in Hong Kong with similar errors noted in both countries. I'm hoping that all this was just a one-off or perhaps QR's previously flawless service has led me to expect too much. But for the first time I didn't enjoy the flights that much at all. It won't stop me from booking with them again but if this situation continues I will definitely consider switching to another carrier for my flights to east Asia. However both flights were early and the fares were excellent value even after paying for a change of flights.

Qatar Airways customer review

QR707 DOH-IAD. Got on board and after an hour informed that the overhead lights don't work and that the crew had informed ground personnel about the problem before push back but that nothing could be done. I would have appreciated being informed by the crew when they introduced themselves that there was a problem with the overhead lights particularly given that it is a daytime 14-hour flights when some passengers may wish to work. Service on board was good. Food was very good well presented and prepared and very tasty. Flight departed on time. Check in easy with lots of staff to greet and provide directions. Overall a good product at a competitive fare for business class from the US to the Gulf States.

Qatar Airways customer review

LHR-DOH-CGK CMB-DOH-LHR. 4 sectors on 777/A330/A320/A319 respectively. 777 was superb for comfort - crew overly attentive but not actually good at delivering anything that was asked for. A330 not as good as the 777 and feared the angled flat seat and then had the best night's sleep I've had on a plane! Best flight of the lot for service and food. A320 CMB-DOH with a regional business class seat for 5.5 hour flight worst flight of the 4 despite a lovely crew. Just not a suitable seat for that length of flight - the 2 other flights from CMB are A330 and 777 with a "proper" business class seat. I wouldn't do this flight again but it did work with the schedule I needed. Delayed and therefore missed my connection in DOH as India closed it's airspace due to a missile test. Not Qatar's fault and very well handled was re-booked before I checked in on to the later LHR flight. A319 all business class. Comfortable seat OK food not a great crew overly attentive again and far too many announcements. Felt claustrophobic in such a small plane for a 8 hour flight. Suggest QR get a widebody on that flight and make some more money with economy passengers and cargo - would be better for everyone! Overall not a bad experience a good price and I would fly QR if the price and schedule worked.

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew PHL-DOH-CMB on Nov 30th and Dec 1st. First time on Qatar. The PHL-DOH flight QR-728 in a 777-300 with bad in-flight entertainment systems. My system (along with many around me) stopped working after about 4 hours into the 12 hr flight. Flight crew promised to "reset" my system after completing inflight meal service but never did anything or came back to inform me. After about 2 hours I again informed another flight attendant who "tried to reset" with no success. Towards the end of the flight a flight attendant came to me to apologize to say that they have a known technical problem with the system and their engineers will have to look at it in Qatar!

(Indonesia)

CGK-DOH-LHR first time flying with Qatar. Selected them solely based on good reviews and 5 star status and wanted to try their new A380 to LHR. CGK-DOH leg was in a B777-300ER quite a new plane great IFE with very big screen on time departure and early arrival in Doha very good inflight service as well. Our flight to LHR was delayed by 2 hours due to aircraft changes. It is no longer A380 but they changed it to an old A340-600 to make the matter worse despite checking in on time and getting our preferred seats (window and middle seat as we are a couple) due to the aircraft changes they put us in the middle seat of 4 between 2 other strangers. The seat layout is 2x4x2 why cant they just put us as a couple in the window/aisle seat? Aircraft is showing its age and entertainment is limited unlike the B777 service was so-so and meals are inedible. Very cramped seats and legroom is not that great compared to B777. They changed the gate twice during the delay and we had to walk from end to end at Hamad International Airport just to find out that our flight was delayed. Not a very good experience especially considering DOH-LHR is one of QR's flagship route.

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew LHR-DOH-BKK return. Fantastic service very good seat comfort. IFE was very good with a very large selection of movies and TV shows. Meals and snacks were satisfactory and flight attendants were very helpful and attentive. Would recommend.

(Italy)

MXP-DOH-BKK-DOH-BKK - really good. Doha Airport is fantastic and transfer procedures quick and easy. On the 6 hours night flight Doha - Bangkok the dinner is served 1.5 hours after take off and the breakfast 2 hours before landing - no time to rest!

Qatar Airways customer review

DOH-LHR on Qatar 'all business' A319. Half full so it really felt like a private jet with around 18 passengers. I sat in the rear section with one other gentleman so we had about 20 seats to ourselves! However now I've tried it I'll probably revert to the bigger jets next time as they are smoother quieter and more spacious.

(Nepal)

QR653 KTM-DOH 10 Nov. First time ever with QR the flight supervisor was attentive and friendly the food of good standard and proportion. The equipment used was an Airbus 320 for a 5 hr flight which was fairly okay. The only negative aspect was the rude and arrogant biz class check in clerk at KTM airport.

(South Africa)

8 November 2014 Cape Town to Doha on A330-300 a nice experience. Leg space food and service was very good. Doha to Dubai with the B787 Dreamliner although this is a new aircraft the leg space was bad. On 12 November 2014 return from Doha again with the Airbus A330-300 very nice flight with good service.

Qatar Airways customer review

IAD-DOH-KWI business class on Nov 9. At check in IAD I asked the agent if there were any infants seated in the first economy bulkhead as I was in the last row of business class. He said there were two infants booked on the flight but both were located at the back of the aircraft. An infant which screamed for the first two hours of the flight was located right behind me. At check in there was an empty seat in the first business cabin that I would have happily taken had I known an infant was seated behind me. Onboard I called the Chief Purser and complained to her. She agreed that the check-in agent should have told me and was going to follow up. At check in there is no reason why the web-check in baggage drop only counter should be closed before the entire check-in counter closes. I ended up behind a huge family traveling in economy with mountains of bags who checked in at the business counter and haggled endlessly over excess baggage charges causing me to wait about 15 minutes to check in - all the while the web check-in counter was unattended. I had a delicious lamb entree from IAD-DOH although the piece of meat was the size of a silver dollar. New lounge in DOH is pretty nice. I had a shower which was available as soon as I asked. Well equipped lounge with lots of dining options and very spread out. DOH-KWI was on the new 787. The interior of the cabin is cool with great ambient lighting and seat comfortable. I like the sparkling rose before take-off. I wish the sector had been a bit longer to enjoy it more. All flights were spot on time.

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew Melbourne to London via Doha. The flight was pleasant from Melbourne to Doha. The entertainment system wasn't working or up to date. The cabin crew kept resetting the system but it did not work. I was forced to change seats. From Melbourne to Doha it was a good flight - no issues. Don't know whether I would use Qatar again in the near future.

(South Africa)

QR122 MXP-DOH QR1365 October 23/24. Qatar level of service food and seating well above average. Cannot fault them unless you ask for the moon. Flights on time staff attentive and polite. Purchased a discounted business class ticket yet extended my stay by 30 days with a small penalty of only 36 Euro!

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew for the first time with Qatar from Perth to Dar Es Salaam. Have flown with other airlines in the past. Qatar was adequately comfortable for such a long flight. I ordered a special meal and was still given the option of the regular menu. Was impressed by the range of nationalities of the cabin crew. Someone was bound to speak your language.

Qatar Airways customer review

Have been a regular on Qatar Airways during last 3 years on Delhi-Doha-Lagos. Travelled in Economy and Business. Experience in economy is mixed. Seating is ok in 2x4x2 configuration but less keen on the 3x3x3 configuration which seems cramped. Staff service can be variable on Doha-Delhi sector - especially with people who are not comfortable speaking English. Business class is quite good. Very comfortable. Cabin crew feed you like crazy. Choice of food and wine is good. Ground handling and luggage service is good.

(Thailand)

BKK-MAD return with a short layover in new Doha airport. Perfect. From the ease of online booking to check-in from gate to flight services (food is really good and Beverage selection is superb.) Inflight entertainment is Excellent. The headrest that folds makes for a comfortable trip. I am 5'7" leg room was very adequate even if the person in front reclined. Staff were always friendly and smiling.

Qatar Airways customer review

First time flying Qatar Airways from Paris CDG to Kuala Lumpur via Doha return. First leg unsatisfactory as the 2-2-2 cabin felt quite cramped. Staff forgot my main course but apologised and this was quickly sorted out. At the lounge in Doha there was a wait for the shower but staff were efficient and I got a shower room within 15 minutes. Doha to Kuala Lumpur was excellent. Great service onboard. Return trip KL to Doha similarly good. However food was at best only average on these flights. Doha to Paris was in first class. On arrival in Doha the lounge was the same as the previous - no separate first class lounge. Another wait to have a shower but this was quick and got a shower room in less than 10 minutes. Service onboard the Doha to Paris flight in first class was excellent. The stewardess was attentive and efficient. There were no other passengers in the first class cabin so I felt really pampered. Unfortunately the food was only average and the entertainment channels were not that great. Pity as the service onboard was top class. I also noticed that the advertised chauffeur drive from the terminal to the plane for first class was not made available to me. Overall I find Qatar Airways provide great service onboard but I would have some hesitation flying with them in the future for a few reasons. Firstly I prefer airlines that offer Business Class seats with direct access to the aisle. Secondly the lounge while impressive should have more shower rooms to cope with the volume of passengers. Thirdly Qatar does not provide a limousine service to and from the airport. Finally the food and entertainment onboard should be better. For flights to and from Kuala Lumpur the option of Malaysian dishes should be provided. The choice of music needs to be revamped. I will be comparing prices with other airlines closely before deciding if I would fly Qatar Airways again. I would recommend it for their excellent staff onboard but the service on the ground can be improved.

Qatar Airways customer review

Finally I get to fly on the Dreamliner! And Qatar Airways made the experience world class. As you board the plane you notice your first difference. The entrance of the 787 is very open and grand. You nearly feel like you're walking into a lobby area. Then you notice the windows which are truly big. Love the expansive feeling you get by being so connected to the outside. When you finally get to the new business class seat which has a very spacious 1-2-1 configuration you realize why Qatar is one of the few 5-star airlines. The reverse herring bone layout has you facing into the large windows and has by far the best design I've ever seen given this configuration even in sleep mode. An excellent dining experience. If there is one slight doubt it's with the new IFE system which takes some time getting used to. It's a complete redesign and not always logical. At least to me. Did I mention the spacious lavatories? Their Dreamliner experience is perfection.

(Norway)

Heathrow-Doha-Ho Chi Minh B777-300ER and it was a pleasant and a comfortable journey. Great cabin crew very friendly and polite. The food onboard seems less then last time in 2013 and that was a bit disappointment. Transfer at DOH beautiful new airport great design. Flight from Doha to Ho Chi Minh with the A330. The IFE onboard seems pretty old old seats and no touch screen. Many movies but not so many movies in the action category. SGN-DOH - Pleasant and an enjoyable flight. Landed on time. The problem was that my next flight to Doha- Oslo was leaving 9 hours later so pretty boring to wait so long. Great restaurant and food in the airport. B787 for the next flight. Good flight but I found out that the music didn't work and played different songs to those selected. Food was ok but I wish it was more. I sat on the back and didn't get my choice of food but that was ok. Landed on time at Oslo. I do recommend Qatar Airways.

Qatar Airways customer review

Superb service with Qatar on business class. The only downer is the lounge in Paris which is shared with a few other airlines and offered only packaged snacks and a few sandwiches. Inflight - so nice to be able to choose when we wanted to eat. The food was fresh and delicious and presented to us whenever we wanted. The service could not have been better. Yes and pyjamas and the extras too. Qatar were superb in every way (did I mention the Krug at the lounge in Doha?) If only they flew into Adelaide!

(Italy)

TBS-DOH-MXP. Both aircraft's seemed relatively new but the heating made it unbearable (especially on the TBS-DOH leg). It felt like a sauna and even the crew agreed but couldn't do anything about it. The vegetarian meals I ordered were not inspiring. The light snacks are a piece of sweet and a piece of savoury. The savoury was just OK the sweet was dry and burned i.e: inedible. On board Staff were miss and go. Most of the crew (Asians and Arabs) were friendly and genuinely eager to please but some of the Eastern European ladies were cold and not very approachable. Doha Airport is new and impressive. My connection was 5 hours long and so I went to the Ortyx Lounge that charges around $40 (140QR). The Lounge was very busy (500+ people) and there is only one shower facility. Luckily I found a slot to shower else the onward flight would have been even more awful than the first. I was happy to got an emergency exit seat (10D) on the DOH - MXP flight to discover this was the worst possible choice of seat. It is on an 'angle' and so it provides even less legroom than the regular seats with people going in and out of toilet and the crew bumping into me non stop.

Qatar Airways customer review

LHR-DOH on new A380 service. Interior very similar to Dreamliner - fantastic seat and big personal screen. Additional storage with side bins on the upper deck. Spent much of the flight in the Bar - very cool and whilst perhaps a bit of a gimmick it was very nice and with great service. Toilets were the poshest I have seen. These planes were a long time coming for Qatar but in my view well worth the wait - only trouble is it will make flying anything else (except perhaps their Dreamliner) a bit of a chore!

Qatar Airways customer review

Manchester - Doha - Bangkok. Check in at Manchester excellent as usual given pass to Escape Lounge which in all MAN-DOH-DPS and BKK-DOH-MAN. Took these flights a couple of weeks ago and on every one of the 4 flights the service and the food were indeed 5 star quality. The service in the business class lounge at Doha was also excellent. The only gripe I would have on the flights is that the choice of movies is very poor - Premieres and recent releases I really don't think so.

Qatar Airways customer review

Manchester - Doha - Bangkok. Check in at Manchester excellent as usual given pass to Escape Lounge which in all honesty isn't the best I’ve been in but as it was almost empty its OK to while away an hour or so plus they come and tell you when your gate is open. Unfortunately the usual carryon once in the departure area of people standing directly in front of the doors despite being told to sit down and wait for the announcements a few passengers tried to follow the wheelchairs through the doors. Priority boarding for business class and silver card holder resisted the temptations to smirk at the clowns still blocking the doorway and headed for the business cabin within a few minutes of boarding a flight attendant had already take my order for a drink so settled down and waited for takeoff. Bangkok to Doha is on Airbus 300 which I actually prefer to the Boeing 777 the cabin is smaller and I think more comfortable senior flight attendant introduced herself to all passengers and we then took off on time. Flight was very pleasant little turbulence so managed to consume all meals watch a few video and doze prior to arriving in Doha. The usual excellent Qatar staff advised on leaving the aircraft that you didn't need a pass for the lounge just to show your boarding card but as I was only in transit for 90 minutes I didn't have much time to spend there. Doha to Bangkok is on the 777 were the economy passengers have to troop though business so it seemed to take ages the cabin was hot and I don't usually feel the heat and stunk of perfume changed in the pyjamas (am I the only person who does) and tried to get some sleep prior to arriving Bangkok were the cabin crew handed out fast track passes on departing the aircraft. The return two weeks later was again a fine flight on both legs of the journey the only problem of your outward / return flight being in the same month is you have the same movies so stuck to the TV shows I'd missed spent almost 9 hours in transit in Doha thankfully the new brilliant new business lounge is open. Between Doha and Manchester I got a nose bleed and within minutes a was being tended to by 5 crew members with tissues towels and a bag of ice. Throughout the rest of the flight whichever member of the flight crew that passed checked I was OK or if I needed anything. I've seen some recent comments that Qatars very high standards have slipped quite a lot my experience is the complete opposite I've always believed their product to be vastly superior to their rivals in the gulf and nothing on my trip has changed my opinion that Qatar have by far the best cabin crew and ground staff around. I've already booked another two flights with my favourite airline.

(Belgium)

787 from Doha to Brussels in Business. Just perfect! Great service very friendly staff new lounge excellent. Our first time with Qatar but for sure not the last! Even better than Emirates.

Qatar Airways customer review

We flew from Washington DC to Doha then on to Perth. We had a wonderful flight. Staff were extremely professional and made the time in the air fly by would recommend Qatar Airways to anybody.

Qatar Airways customer review

PER-DOH-FRA with return CDG-DOH-PER. All flights on 777-300ER except DOH-FRA which was an older A330-300. This was our first time with QR (would normally use SQ or CX for this type of trip)and we were quite impressed with the overall economy service. Planes were quite clean and well maintained although the A330 was definitely showing its age. We found all staff to be professional and in general were quite friendly even if smiles were a little limited. The economy food was surprisingly good and varied plus of decent quantity. Alcohol limited without asking but always available. Call buttons seemed to get quick attention from what we observed. All flights on time or early except for one which was only 20 minutes late. I found economy seat comfort and legroom acceptable despite being 192cm tall. Very happy the QR 777 is 9 abreast and not the 10 across that some others try to squeeze in. Connection in DOH was a breeze (we had over 2 hours each way). Based on these 4 flights we are happy to recommend QR and will include them in future considerations.

(Thailand)

Travelled BKK-DOH-EDI on 10 Sep and was impressed with all aspects of QR. Use of THAI lounge at BKK is a real let down. Inflight service excellent. DOH Business Class lounge excellent. Returned EDI-DOH-BKK on 15 Oct. Flight departure delayed by 1 hour which caused some anxiety given a 1.5h stopover. But this was made up so there was a 55 minute stopover allowing us and our luggage to connect successfully. Inflight service on both sectors excellent. Boarding at DOH chaotic with no accessible separate boarding at gate for Business. Food is OK but not exceptional. But any downsides are certainly made up for by service which is above and beyond.

Qatar Airways customer review

DXB-DOH-BCN. October 13rd. Overall a good product but I have yo admit nothing exceptional. First leg DXB-DOH was ok onboard a new A320 transfer at DOH was smooth and efficient thanks to the excellent PC Gold and Business class lounge. However ground staff was very disorganised looking like headless chickens. Second leg onboard new A330-200 ok but food was just awful. New 330 seats are also quite cramped. Both flights on time. Definitely a right choice.

(Denmark)

Just got back from a return trip CPH to Muscat via Doha and must say I am very disappointed! This is first time that I have flown with Qatar. The seats were not very comfortable the food below average and the service onboard mediocre. All in all not impressed.

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew outbound SIN-VIE return ZRH-SIN both transit through Doha. In-flight services and entertainment were good however food were below average for a premium airline. Seating arrangement on the Dreamliner economy class were 3x3x3 found it inconvenient for couples especially seating by the windows. Seating space were just okay for small built any taller than 1.75m might be a tight squeeze. Our inbound transit at Hamad Doha were from remote parking bay. Although bus shuttle to the terminal were smooth we were quite disappointed that such a premium airline felt very much budget oriented. The only consolation was we got the tickets cheap during promotion. The saving grace was flights were punctual for all 4 sectors which is very important to any traveler.

(Brazil)

My wife and I flew GRU-DOH-SIN on 21/07/2014. The first part GRU-DOH we flew out on a 777-200LR it was clean inside and we loved the full flat bed. The other part DOH-SIN on their new 787 a first time for me on the Dreamliner excellent airplane. Very good seat pitch and width. We had a excellent staff service in both parts. Flight attendants readily and frequently serve you drinks or snacks. Food was tasted fresh and the best airline food we have tasted quite frankly.

(Malaysia)

Decided to travel Business Class SGN-FCO-SGN last summer holidays (May/June 2014). The experience was great. Hubby and me + 3 kids aged 8 months 5 year-old and 9 year-old. All the crew were really helpful with the kids. They even allowed my baby to sleep on the unused seat. I cannot imagine how tedious it could be travellling with 3 kids but surprisingly everyone in my family was more than comfortable flying Qatar Airways. Will definitely use Qatar Airways again.

Qatar Airways customer review

Fairly disappointed. First class seat was narrow (much smaller than others like LH LX on the same aircraft type). Crew not proactive need to request everything. Food mediocre (compared to Asian airlines in F) no pyjamas no F lounge in DOH (C lounge was relatively good food offerings look impressive but everything is pre-cooked and dried out. Entertainment system needed rebooting and was unreliable.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Qatar Airways customer review

I've traveled a lot of times to London from New Delhi via Doha and have always enjoyed my experience. The food is good. The entertainment systems provide a varsity of options. The window seats in economy can be a bit inconvenient as there's some plane's equipment under every window seat.

Qatar Airways customer review

Manchester - Doha business class plane was A330 in good condition. Seats were comfortable and everything worked as it should. We were greeted by name and cabin crew were attentive and friendly. Dine on demand but I was not impressed with the food offered although the wine on offer was very good. Took off on time and landed on time. Have travelled previously with Qatar and am a frequent flyer member but I feel that the level of service is slipping.

Qatar Airways customer review

Doha to Colombo. Plane was a B777 and appeared to be almost new. Flight was 20 minutes late being pushed back and then we spent 30 minutes riding round the airfield no announcement why we were delayed. Business class only half full so service was excellent. Food offered was uninspiring but drinks were good and were refilled regularly. No comfort pack supplied on this flight. Seats were very comfortable and the 777 is in my opinion better than the A330.

Qatar Airways customer review

CMB - DOH used the business class lounge at Colombo food was cold and of limited choice. Plane was A321 of reasonable standard business class was half full. Seats were uncomfortable and the leg rest could not be raised when the seat back was in the upright position. Meal provided was reasonable but not business class standard. Not overly impressed with Qatar on this flight.

Qatar Airways customer review

Edinburgh-Doha-Male return. Check completed in under five minutes but surprised no fast track through security Qatar use the No 1 traveller lounge adequate but nothing special. Boarding was quick and staff apologised for small delay whilst a family with young children boarded in front of us. We flew the Dreamliner and had chosen window seats specifically with my partner seated directly behind me. Seat was very comfortable and the general cabin ambience was excellent the cabin layout is 1x2x1. Served a very nice rose champagne after boarding food choice of wines and entertainment all very good. Crew excellent and very attentive flight departed on time was a bit concerned as we had a fairly tight connection but we arrived early into Doha - security was a breeze with a dedicated Business class area and we passed through in under 5 minutes. Had time to make a quick visit to the new lounge and very pleasing on the eye. Onward flight was on an A320 with the newly refurbished cabin seat excellent and very comfortable - even managed a few hours sleep. On arrival and departure from Male they now have a fast track desk for Business class passengers. On return through Doha Business class immigration processing took around 20 minutes the queues for Economy were fairly large and doubt those in that queue would clear in anything under an hour. Checking in at Doha on the return was very quick and Hamad Airport pretty special small queue in front of us so asked to take a seat for no more in 2-3 minutes and a staff member came over and assisted us with the bags to check in. Had more time to see the new Al Mourjan Lounge this time it's very large good choice of food and lots of seating although at 06.00 it was very busy. All in all great experience and would have no hesitation flying Qatar on future trips.

Qatar Airways customer review

Flew PER-LHR in Economy early August 2014. Aircraft PER-DOH B777ER. Plane was fairly new clean and comfortable a good flight. DOH-LHR was supposed to be a B787 but was changed to an A340 with no notice. Originally selected 2 seats together (window and aisle) these were changed to 1 window and 1 middle row several rows away. Only found out at online check-in. Managed to get 2 seats together with negotiation with other passengers. Cabin staff did not assist. Return LHR-DOH again supposed to be a B787 was changed to a B777ER. Plane still OK but older. Again seats changed (2 together this time) with no notification and further back than originals. Food a little better than average and cabin staff attentive. Seat leg room good but seemed hard. Overall a good airline- Doha airport is big and roomy but few places to get coffee if you have a wait. No alcohol but that is expected.