Qatar Airways

"made my travel very comfortable"

Trip Verified | Hyderabad to Atlanta via Doha. I traveled with my 86 year old mother. Qatar Airways staff made it extremely comfortable both for my mom and me. The staff were courteous and caring, making our travel a breeze. I felt compelled to give a high rating for the flight comfort and staff's effort to make it even better. Unfortunately, the website was not user friendly to post the review there. Flight also arrived about 20 minutes earlier than the estimated time. Take-off and landing were very smooth. This is the 3rd time I am flying with Qatar Airways. They always made my travel very comfortable. Look forward to taking another Qatar flight real soon. Good luck to them and their staff!
RouteHyderabad to Atlanta via Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"My Salmon was clearly farmed"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Morning departure from Charles de Gaulle the plane offered QSuites, the WiFi was working but barely. The service was lower than the normal Qatar Airways high standard but my food was awful. My Salmon was clearly farmed and my lobster was raw the only edible thing was the berries. How could they get it so wrong?
RouteParis to Doha

"surprise was so big"

(Romania)

Not Verified | New York to Bucharest via Doha. On August 27, this year, I flew with Qatar from New York to Doha. It happened that during the flight, it was my husband's birthday, so I dared to ask a stewardess, if possible, at a certain time, to bring me two glasses of anything, so that I could wish my husband a HAPPY BIRTHDAY. The surprise was so big, both for me and for my husband, because I sent an improvised mini cake and two prosecco glasses.
RouteNew York to Bucharest via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"The entire trip was enjoyable"

(Nigeria)

Trip Verified | The entire trip was enjoyable. Boarding in Nigeria was hitch-free. Cabin crew attitude was excellent all through the flight. The layover at Doha, although long, was calm due to the airport aesthetics. Same can be said about the return leg of the journey. Overall, Qatar Airways is an excellent airline.
RouteLagos, Nigeria to London Heathrow via Doha, Qatar
Date FlownAugust 2022

"fulfilling all the expectation"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | I find Qatar Airways as pleasant as before this COVID-19 and since international travel is getting on the way of resuming its old speed still Qatar airways is fulfilling all the expectation.
RouteMaputo to Lahore via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"the hostess were very kind"

(Uganda)

Trip Verified | Starting from the check-in at Tunis Airport Ms Nesrine welcomed me and my family with a big smile and she was very helpful asking for the travel documents. In 3 minutes, the check-in ended after registering our 8 luggages. In the first flight, it was very comfortable and secure, the hostess were very kind. In Doha airport, the problem where we can take a rest of 10 hours. The second flight were perfect too with a very good service.
RouteTunis to Entebbe via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"truly a flying experience"

Trip Verified | Qatar Airways business class is truly a flying experience. Very good crew and the head crew Michelle and her team Ashwini Bhise were excellent. I am a frequent flyer both in Qatar and Emirates but Qatar stand out in quality of service. the Transfer desk at Doha is very professional and dedicated team.
RouteDoha to New York
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Thank you to all the staff"

(Iraq)

Trip Verified | I would like to thank the Hamad International Airport and Hamad Medical Corporation about my medical health. I had a bleeding from varicose veins of right leg, immediately they took action and transferred me to the Hamad Medical Corporation with my sister and took care of the situation and they made sure I was stable and I could walk without pain. Thank you to all the staff at Hamad International Airport and all the doctors and nurses at Hamad Medical Corporation. Dr Abdul Jaleel Palakkunnummal Muhammed a specialist who took care of the situation.
RouteDoha to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"two very good long-haul flights"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Jakarta via Doha. Overall I had two very good long-haul flights with Qatar Airways. On both flights, the seats were comfortable, esp. they had enough leg space for me (175 cm tall), and both had a power socket available just below the seat. I reclined on the second flight only, and it felt like a standard, good recline angle to me. The service started a bit late on both flights well past an hour of flight. The food was rather mediocre this time, but I appreciated real cutlery and a good selection of drinks. Boarding and disembarking weren't that great because both times (actually four times) it was done with a rather crowded bus. On the second flight boarding early meant spending more time in a hot bus waiting for the remaining passengers to arrive. I haven't used an entertainment system, but I was impressed with the screen size and quality on the first flight. Sadly WiFi was available only on the second flight when I didn't really need it. I tried it because one hour of complimentary free access was advertised, but it didn't work for me. I could barely log in and after I still had no actual internet connectivity. This time I discovered that the Qatar app allows you to track the luggage, which given all the mess happening right now with lost luggage around the world was quite comforting to see that the luggage was actually loaded onto the plane. Sadly, the app is a bit quirky to use as the luggage tracking is not available straight from the booking and requires providing a booking number. Also on the second flight, my booking was not visible at all. It just disappeared.
AircraftA320-200 / A350-900
RouteVienna to Jakarta via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"QSuites seats are comfortable"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | We got on a 4 year old Boeing 777-300 equipped with QSuites fully booked the seats are comfortable and operated properly and the WI-FI worked but Turkey does not allow WI-FI in it’s airspace so a good three hours was without internet, IFE was very good, the lamb chops were the worst I have had but the rest of the food was good. Service was barely acceptable but I will give them some slack with so many passengers but them letting children run riot in business class was unacceptable.
RouteDoha to London Heathrow
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Missed my connecting flight"

Trip Verified | Delayed just under 3 hours taking off from Heathrow with no info. Missed my connecting flight with no support from Qatar Airways. I then get to my destination and no luggage, no response to my complaint, no reaction, no apology and zero sense of urgency. An utterly appalling experience.
RouteLondon to Muscat via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Qsuite clean and comfortable"

Trip Verified | Islamabad to Manchester via Doha. Once again Qatar don’t fail to amaze me. Quality service from calling privilege direct number to change flight location and date, to check-in and Crew. Excellent manners and Qsuite clean and comfortable. First time since March 2020 travelled for work with Qatar and with loyalty shown to customers in extending tier levels since covid, this demonstrates customers aren't just a number. Well done Qatar.
RouteIslamabad to Manchester via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"The services are excellent"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | No doubt named the best airlines for consecutive years. The services are excellent and the cabin crew are very well mannered and friendly. Every time I travel to Asia it’s my first airline option to choose. Business class seats are good.
RouteMilan to Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"was the service I was expecting"

Trip Verified | I enjoyed my flight to Nairobi on August 13 but returning to San Diego (the second leg) was disappointing. The crew for the leg from Doha to Dallas was underwhelming. I did not get the cabin attendants name but she was inattentive and rude. I called for her via the light and each time I waited over 45 minutes and still had to get up w/ a 2 year old and go find her to get milk for him. The other guy working our side of the plane was the same. He walked by me multiple times while I had the call light on and did not acknowledge me. I do want to shout out a Qatar employee (I wish I got her name) but she was by the baggage claim in Dallas and she was so helpful. I was traveling by myself with a 2 year old and she helped to get my luggage and roll it to the re check bag area. I am so grateful for her. Also another attendant on my Nairobi to Doha leg, he was so helpful. Helped me with me bags and even had an airport attendant carry my bags and get me a ride to security. That was the service I was expecting on the Doha to Dallas leg.
RouteNairobi to San Diego via Doha

"Flight was really good"

Trip Verified | Aircraft change meant that although I was still on an A350 this one was without the Qsuite which was a shame but seems to more common problem with Qatar. The family that was expecting a quad had more problems as one of the kids didn’t like sitting apart from the parents, which is one of the benefits of the product. Flight was really good with service by Gabriel first rate. Dine on demand is really good however as the flight lands at 9:30 in the morning a breakfast option would have been good instead of all being based around dinner. Selection of food good, flight comfortable, even managed fours of sleep.
AircraftA350-900
RouteDoha to Singapore
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Fabulous service and offerings"

(Hong Kong)

Not Verified | Onboard everything is great with Qatar Airways. Fabulous service and offerings. Thoughtful and lovely crew. The issue was partly not the blame of Qatar. Checking in at Barajas I had all the correct paperwork including the PCR test done the day before. They decided they didn’t like the document and that I had to have a last minute pcr at the airport. Luckily all ok but the result wasn’t enough and had to email it and it had to be read on a computer before I could board. All papers checked again at Doha resulting in flight being 2 hours delayed. I think it’s the Hong Kong arrivals that pushed It. On the flight extremely impressed. They switch aircraft type a lot which worked on my favour. I like the backward facing seat actually.
RouteMadrid to Hong Kong via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"a respectable inflight product"

Trip Verified | Qatar Airways uses the Boeing 777-300 ER on its Philadelphia route. The planes are not as modern and spacious as the A50s which used to be on this route. The planes are modern and clean with excellent inflight entertainment, professional staff and reasonable food. The inflight magazines, the fresheners and menus have disappeared due to the pandemic. But the food portions, although smaller, are reasonably tasty and the staff still keep the lavatories clean with good overall service. Overall, good and professional airline with a respectable inflight product despite the pandemic related cost cutting.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 ER
RoutePhiladelphia to Nagpur via Doha

"saving 8.5h of waiting"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Cancelled my original flight (12h) booked me on a flight that I could not take (due to connecting flight) and when requested a flight of equivalent duration was told was not possible. The flight I was given had a 22h duration. Flights with less time were only offering Business Class. When I went to the airport and complained the assistant agreed that an 8.5 h layover is a bit too much and indeed very easily booked me on the morning flight from Doha to Athens on economy saving 8.5h of waiting.
RouteSingapore to Athens via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"it was very comfortable"

Not Verified | Cairo-Doha-Dallas The first flight was amazing. Even though it was only three hours long, the plane had screens on the seats, had a delicious meal service and snacks available if you ask the crew. They also came around with drinks multiple times and provided blankets and pillows. The second flight was equally amazing. It was 16 hours but it was very comfortable. They gave us 2 meals and 2 snacks and if you wanted more there were more snacks readily available. The screens had lots of movies, tv shows, games, and sporting events on them. There were also lots of drinks. Along with pillows and blankets they gave an amenity kit which had an eye mask, socks, ear plugs, and a tooth brush with toothpaste. The crew was really kind on both flights and asked if we wanted drinks multiple times. The wifi on both flights was the super wifi which was great if you payed for it (10 usd for the entire flight).
AircraftA350-1000
RouteCairo to Dallas via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"still don't know where is my bag"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | My flight was from Beirut to Doha, when we reached here the bags where at belt number six but on the screen you can see so many flights on the belt! Anyways most of the passenger waited for more than 2 hours om the belt for the missing bags. Then we went to the office to apply a report. They checked the tag of the bag and everything related to the bag and they couldn't know where is it. The guy said it shows that its loaded but we cant find where it is. And they gave me a phone numbers to call but most of the times its busy. And when they answer they say will call you after one hour and no one called me and I still don't know where is my bag.
RouteBeirut to Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"disappointed about my baggage"

Trip Verified | I am very disappointed about my baggage. My trip was from Toronto to Uganda on July 4 . When we got in Uganda four of our luggage didn't arrive with us. I had to come back to the airport which is far and inconvenient transportation several days. I got my 3 bags in 12 days which is the day before the wedding. One of my bag is still missing. Today as of August 22 2022 I am already back from my vacation however I still didn't get my last bag and I didn't get an answer for that. I tried to contact the airlines they just keep giving me different numbers and told me to contact them by WhatsApp, but its all helpless.
RouteEntebbe to London via Doha

"very disappointed"

Trip Verified | On my journey to Male from Doha I was bumped to a 1.30am flight. It was a 2 2 configuration on an old plane. A gentleman was next to me, he laid down went to sleep. I could only get to the toilet if I woke him. The entertainment was poor and my food was poor. On my return journey from Doha to Manchester I was put in seat 6F a Boeing 787-8. Seat 6F was just in front of economy with a curtain and next to the toilet. The rest of the business class were separated from me by a walk way. All the economy passengers streamed pass making comments. The steward couldn’t care less. The toilet was in constant use by business and economy. My food was poor again, mind you eating next to the toilet didn’t help. Sorry Qatar very disappointed.
RouteMale to Manchester via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"raised my hand when he skipped us"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | I and my son boarded Qatar Airways from Entebbe via Doha to Madrid. The services that we received on board the flight from Entebbe to Doha were terrible. The staff assigned to serve our section skipped us every time food, drinks, snacks were being served. This was quite embarrassing as I raised my hand when he skipped us so as to get served. When we were almost getting to Doha I raised up my hand and another staff responded. I explained to him the ordeal, he looked so apologetic and offered to serve us anything of our choice. My next flight from Doha to Madrid was the best despite that we lost our luggage for after 4 days.
AircraftA330-300
RouteEntebbe to Madrid via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"happy that I chose Qatar Airways"

Trip Verified | I and my son travelled from Mumbai to LA via Doha (Mum to Doha & then Doha to LA) on 6th Aug'22. This was a personal trip. While I have been to US several times over last 17 years - for business as well as personal trips, it was a first trip to US for my son. My son will be pursuing MS at USC in LA and hence he needed extra luggage allowance. My past experience with Qatar is the primary reason I booked our flights with Qatar, though it was not the cheapest option. I wanted to make sure that, even if I had to cancel my travel plan at last minute, my son will have hurdle free journey. However, I was happy that I chose Qatar Airways. Every stage - flight booking, seat & meal selection, check-in, in-flight exp, meals & snacks, in-flight entertainment, baggage handling - was a pleasant experience. Qatar provided extra luggage allowance as student allowance to my son. Qatar also provided full-flight complimentary wi-fi to him as a student offer. We are vegetarians. Almost all airlines have vegetarian meal option but a handful provide good quality and tasty veg meals. Qatar veg meal was excellent. So was their choice of snacks and beverages. Staff was polite and friendly though we were in Economy. I have noticed a stark difference in airline staff behavior when they deal with Business versus Economy class passengers. Even in Economy, their staff was cordial and caring. There were several passengers with variety of queries ranging from meal options to why satellite-based wi-fi was not working at certain times. Staff was answering and helping passengers with genuine interest. A couple of suggestions : 1) Qatar should consider waiving off seat selection fees for middle seats. I had to pay for it as I wanted to make sure I travel together with my son 2) I am not sure if Qatar provides confirmation notification about successful luggage transfer in connecting flights. If they don't then they must consider providing this notification as it will serve as a huge relief for the passengers that their luggage is not left behind. Some other airlines do provide such notifications either via their app or SMS.
RouteMumbai to Los Angeles via Doha

"They did not have WiFI"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | One day before boarding I checked on their web site and it stated QR947 will have Qsuites which was not true actually it was one of the ex Cathay Pacific aircraft they bought to cover the shortage of equipment they are suffering from the A350 groundings. They did not have WiFI, the service was alright and don’t get me started with the catering it was inedible neither the appetizer nor the main course or the dreadful crumble dessert which has so much sugar to mask it’s shortcomings, the main course which was a prime rib was so over cooked and dry, the tapas was poor ingredients. The IFE was outdated that I had to revert to my iPad.
RouteSingapore to Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"submitted a request for compensation"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Our initial flight was cancelled and we were rebooked 24 hours later. We did get put up in a hotel but had to stand by the customer service desk for 4 hours for the transfer. The flight we were transferred to was a 3 stop Qantas/BA flight - we had originally paid extra for the 1 stop flight. The new flight time was 37 hours and on top of that it took 3.5 hours to check in at Manchester for a 45 minute flight to London. We have since submitted a request for compensation for additional costs which includes the extra we paid for exit row seats on our Qatar flight which we never got. Trying to get updates on the compensation request is impossible, you just get another automated message if you email, the customer service phone number team says it’s not their department and they can’t help, the online chat team says it’s not their problem, they can’t help and tell you to wait - when you ask for an escalation point they shut down the chat. It’s now 5 weeks since the initial submission and no update at all.
RouteManchester to Auckland via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"the seat I did get was similar"

Trip Verified | Booked biz class and paid for seat reservations. No problem on fist leg but on checking in online noticed reserved window seat changed for one on the middle on the 2nd leg from Doha, no choice offered due to plane type change. Went to check in 5 hours early as could not get through to them, got the last window seat. So applied for a refund of the 2900 baht as they had not given me another window seat when they could have or offered me a choice. First they said I would get the refund in 28 days, then after a few weeks said no as the seat I did get was similar to the one I paid to reserve. Don't waste money reserving seats as they can change it and you do not get what you paid for.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Doha
Date FlownMay 2022

"cancelled my initial connecting flight"

Trip Verified | They cancelled my initial connecting flight to JFK from DOH and insulted me more than assisted me. The representatives were very dismissive and one man even told me it was foolish to have boarded the flight in Nairobi to DOH, despite being told there that this was the best course of action. I asked about my ticketing options and after a very long wait I was ticketed for a flight to Amman where I would catch my transfer to JFK. I just had to wait for 5 hours, which I did. I asked for a meal voucher and was given the minimum voucher. I was able to eat a burger at Burger King and that cashier, Apple, was the nicest person to me of this whole experience. I went to the gate and my flight to Amman was delayed, meaning that I would miss my connection to NY. I went to the gate representative and asked for assistance. A manager came to meet me and said he would help me get the flight to JFK. He said the flight was fully booked but I would be on it. I was then brought to the quiet room and assured that they would come for me once I was ticketed. I slept for 2 hours and went back to the desk asking for an update. They said the flight to JFK was delayed and they would need to find another alternative. I asked if I will be upgraded for my trouble, but this was not possible.
RouteNairobi to New York via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2022

"failed to deliver my baggage"

Trip Verified | I had a horrible service due to poor handling of my delayed baggage delivery to my destination. The airline failed to deliver my baggage with delays of 5 days and counting. The staff were uncommunicative, and didn’t show any care in trying to track and expedite my baggage. I am disappointed and completely frustrated with Qatar Airways service.
RouteDoha to Entebbe
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Worst service and communication"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Worst service and communication I've ever had to deal with. Was 2 days of utter hell. Arrived at Warsaw 3 hours early for check in, to find the flight was delayed 3 hours. The app never had my flights on it and constantly had to keep adding it. Doha a flight was changed with no communication again and changed seats without communication and at check in it was an "oh sorry you just have to sit there". On the website it shows in case of a delay there is a claim process which apparently their staff don't know about and are trying everything in their power not to process. Bottom line is that they are an extremely incompetent airline.
RouteWarsaw to Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"the cabin service was poor"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | I have been a strong supporter and promoter of Qatar Airways up until this past return flight that my wife and I took from Doha to Athens (28th June 2022) and return (27th July 2022). The outbound flight crew were awful and the cabin service was poor, the crew appeared tired and 'hassled' and were not at all friendly. They did not appear to be fully trained as the usual and past cabin crew have always been, the food was really poor and tasteless. We took advantage of an upgrade offer (QR3900) for our return journey to Doha hoping to enjoy a better quality service upon our return. It proved to be anything but. Firstly the Business Class Lounge catering to Qatar Airways Business Class passengers was closed? We went to other lounges but they were full and would not accept us, eventually we found a lounge that did offer us seats in their reception area. The snack food was truly below par, so too was the extremely poor selection of beverages. We boarded on time and the crew were definitely better and friendlier than our outbound flight, the menu appeared OK but when the food was served it was not up to the Airlines usual standard. I had only a mouthful and could not eat the rest, the chicken that was served to my wife was overcooked and extremely tough. So from a clear '10' that we would rate on all of our previous flights with Qatar Airways our rating on this recent experience would be 4/10.
RouteAthens to Doha

"amazing customer service"

Trip Verified | Qatar Airways had amazing customer service from start to finish. I’ve never experienced anything like it. Qatar Airways took care of me extremely efficiently, thoroughly, and respectfully. Not to mention they will give you a full refund if you cancel your flight 3 hrs before no matter what (I never buy the insurance so I assume I would never get $ back but they were just like yeah full refund no questions asked). This has been a breath of fresh air, thank you.
RouteNew York JFK to Delhi via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"gladly choose to fly them again"

Trip Verified | Cabin crew were amazing. In-flight service is the best I've had so far. Food was good and cutleries clean and neatly wrapped. Aircraft looked really new and clean. Seating was quite comfortable. Overall, I had a pleasant experience flying Qatar airways and would gladly choose to fly them again
RouteLagos to Montreal via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"the service was par excellence"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | The Qatar airways experience was fantastic. The stewards / stewardesses were exceptional eg Aman from Doha to London & Aarti from London to Doha as well as the others (can't remember their names). The food was phenomenal and the service was par excellence. Already booked from Durban to Istanbul in Oct for my 40th wedding anniversary. No wonder they have been voted best airline numerous times. Nothing was too much of a problem for the stewards & meals were served only when required. No carts being pushed around. Also minimal noise. The Q suites were brilliant.
AircraftBoeing 777-200/300 / A380
RouteLondon to Durban via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"rest of our journey stress free"

(Bermuda)

Trip Verified | We encountered a problem with the booking of our tickets which was overlooked until just before we were to fly. Initially, BA worked with us on the checkin which was great but the Qatar Airways staff at the Boarding Gate and check-in at Heathrow (London to Doha) were most exceptional. They understood the situation (the booking was mistakenly done in my wife's maiden name which not her current passport)- although we also her maiden name passport when traveling as it has her visa in it. The pressure and stress of traveling was taken away in an instance and we ended up having the rest of our journey stress free. In addition, the Qatar Airways staff at the Doha Airport smoothed our journey even more. On both legs of our Qatar Airways flights our 2 young children were taken care of immediately upon boarding the plane.
RouteLondon to Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"only offered statutory compensation"

Trip Verified | London to Doha was delayed at Heathrow. Finally boarded the flight and sat there for more than an hour before being told there were issues with the plane. Later deplaned and told another plane was being prepared. As we were trying to leave, we got told to go back to our seats and that they might have fixed the issue. More time has passed and we were finally told it was going to take off. By the time we had left Heathrow, it was delayed 5 hours. This meant I had missed my connecting flight to Sydney. On the plane, the entertainment system at my seat didn't work. The touch screen failed and I had to move to the adjacent seat that was empty and use that screen. Food was okay, inflight service was good. Upon landing in Doha had my boarding pass taken from me and given a new one. I was not given any sort of compensation to use a lounge, got told to speak with the transfer desk. The flight from Doha to Perth which I was being redirected to was delayed by 2+ hours. When I got to Perth, to my shock horror, I was put on Jetstar Airways instead of a partner plane like Qantas. The Jetstar plane was also delayed by 2hrs. I was supposed to arrive in Sydney at 6pm on a Friday, I arrived instead at 8am on Saturday. I was only offered statutory compensation after I have still yet to receive. I not received a refund on the upgraded seats I paid for but was not able to use because of the delays.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"seat is taken by someone else"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | I pre-booked the 16A for the seat for A350-900 with Qatar. I arrived counter in Rome and I was Informed the seat is taken by someone else and there’s no other seats available for the row of 16. The staff couldn’t solve my issues. I checked again with transit desk, none of them bother to look at my email but rather just telling me “sorry but all the extra legged seats are all reserved” Not to mentioned the supervisor kept saying “reserved is reserved”. That’s why I was trying to show the email to the staffs but they don’t care. I believe the confirmation email I received is valid to prove the seat is reserved for me. In this case, obviously it’s double-booked However, none of the we staff managed to solve my issue.
AircraftA3500-900
RouteRome to Hong Kong via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"fill application about lost luggage"

(Ukraine)

Trip Verified | I had flight from Istanbul to Goa, but one day before flight company changed time of flight and in the end plane also was late and I lost my next two flights. I was at first in this kind of situation, didn't know how to get next flights and what's is with luggage. In this chaos between offices and departments in airport I lost my baggage tags. There were two suitcases. Qatar provided next flight, but with delay 20 hours which I spent in airport without any complaining and compensation. During my awaiting time they found just one of my suitcases and told me to fill application about lost luggage in final destination for second one and promised that it will be delivered during 2-3 days Any worries from my side I get used to trust people especially company with so high renting. I filled application for lost luggage after my arriving to Goa, but they didn't provide PIR code. More then 2 weeks they found nothing.
RouteIstanbul to Goa via Doha

"this was best flight"

Trip Verified | This is first time I have flown with Qatar Airways. I have friends who have flown with them several times and they have always rated them well. New planes, comfortable seats, good leg room (for a 6 foot tall person), entertainment system and screen excellent, and the food tasty and at the right portion size. Cabin was fabulous lit with light purples and blues. Crew were efficient and courteous. Took off on time arrived early at both Hamad International and Edinburgh. Having done various routes from SIN to EDI over the 17 years, must say this was best flight.
AircraftA350-900 / A350-1000
RouteSingapore to Edinburgh via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"gave us a ticket for 7 hours later"

(Iran)

Trip Verified | I had a two-part flight from Paris to Doha and then Doha to Tehran. The flight from Paris had almost one and half hour delay for which we had no clear explanation. With this delay, I arrived at the boarding for the Doha-Tehran flight 10 minutes before departure time, but staff did not let us board and gave us a ticket for 7 hours later. So we have to wait more than 7 hours in Doha so we can take our second flight. No apology or compensation was offered (apart from a free meal) and the only thing we can do is to send emails to Qatar Airways and go through a probably long and tiring path to register our complaint.
RouteParis to Tehran via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2021

"chosen for an Involuntary Downgrade"

Trip Verified | I was chosen for an Involuntary Downgrade to Economy class from business class for Doha to Phuket flight on July 8 because J class was oversold. Today I received email that I will be reimbursed 125$.
RouteDoha to Phuket
Date FlownJuly 2022

"unable to get any reimbursement"

(Myanmar)

Trip Verified | I missed my luggage at my final destination, Istanbul (SAW) airport due to my luggage mistakenly behind on the arrival date, 20 June 2022. The airline didn't manage to deliver my luggage until my return date, on 24 June 2022 and didn't contact or inform to me any update until I follow up or push them again and again. I was unable to get any reimbursement for my unexpected cost on buying extra clothing or expenses. My luggage was found at Istanbul (SAW) airport at the end due to their update but couldn't manage to send it back to my hand yet.
RouteBangkok to Istanbul via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"Fantastic experience with Economy class"

Trip Verified | Fantastic experience with Economy class on Qatar SFO-MAA-SFO in June/July 2022. A350-1000 is one of the most modern planes in operation. The seats were very comfortable despite their thin appearance. There was no tailbone pain during the 15 hour trip from SFO to DOH. There was enough leg room in the first row after business class - Row 16. The best seats on this plane are 31A and 31K as there are no seats in front of them and you get a window too. The next best seats are 17C and 17H, those are aisle seats with no seats in front. Qatar' economy food was pretty good and sufficient. The AVML choices are offered in the standard menu so no need to order special meals. The quality of food was surprisingly good in all segments. Not too oily, spicy. Doha airport gets too crowded in the central area, which is the only downside in the whole trip. The service onboard was pretty good with the crew being quite responsive to your needs. Will not hesitate to fly Qatar again in future.
AircraftA350-1000
RouteSan Francisco to Chennai via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"affected by the retiming of flight"

Trip Verified | My flight to Istanbul via Doha was affected by the retiming of flight QR947 SIN-DOH from 2115 to 1035 on 2 June of almost 11 hours earlier departure timing from Singapore to Doha. The resulted in an extremely long layover of 17 hrs 45 mins instead of a planned and bearable 7 hrs 25 mins. It was during the course of downloading the QR App that we noted that the flight timing differs from the timing originally booked. We called Customer Service Hotline immediately to understand the situation and our options. However, we were only told to contact Qatar Airways Customer Care via portal/email. We lodged our concerns to seek alternative arrangements and or suitable recovery efforts at Doha Airport. To-date we have not heard from QR office despite 2 email reminders. Upon landing at Doha Airport, we approached Qatar Airways Transit Desk to listen to what recovery arrangements have been made for affected passengers. We requested for a ‘Flight disruption letter’ to facilitate any possible travel insurance claim. The Manager told us that no flight disruption letter will be issued from Doha as the flight disruption had taken place outbound from Singapore. However, this was inconsistent with what passengers were told when the same request was made at the QR check-in counter in Singapore ie. to be provided at DOHA. In relation to our request for accommodation / lounge access, the Manager explained that due to COVID reasons, no accommodation nor lounge access could be arranged for affected passengers. Giving the benefit of the doubt to Qatar Airways, the least one would expect is for the airline to mitigate the inconvenience caused through other measures. Instead, other than meal vouchers, none was forthcoming. We also note that some affected passengers were able to have lounge access or sleep pods at their own expense.
RouteSingapore to Istanbul via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"changed my flight several times"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight for October 2022 from Dubai to Chicago via Doha and Boston in Q-Suite. Qatar changed my flight several times and now I am flying Dubai-Doha-Montreal-Chicago, not in Q-Suite. The annoying part was, that my ticket requested me to pay for my seat assignment. Of course I expected Qatar airways that if they change my flight, they also change my seat to the new route/plane for the fee, which I had paid for the original itinerary. With every change Qatar made, I had to call customer service, explain my entire problem and have endless discussions about why I do not pay again for a new seat assignment, if Qatar is the one to change my flights. It was nerve wrecking, time consuming and straightforward unpleasant and annoying. As nice as their Qsuite may be, the changes are horrible. And even though I am already on my way to Platinum status, this was my last booking with them, as I am fed up with an unreliable company.
AircraftBoeing 777-300er
RouteDubai to Montreal via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2022

"best airline I have ever used"

Trip Verified | The first leg of my journey was from Melbourne to Doha night time flight and I was hoping I’d get a few hours of sleep to help with the jet lag. The lounges at Melbourne were great, food was good and very friendly staff. After a relaxing wait I went to board and I was lucky and fortunate enough to be upgraded to business class (much to my shock and surprise) I was speechless. Once I had boarded the plane I was amazed at my surroundings, I’ve never experienced anything like this. The Air hostess was so good, friendly and really made my experience extremely pleasant. Everything about this leg of the flight was perfect - I slept in absolute comfort, the seats reclined so I could lay down, the service was incredible, the menu had a variety of choices and the entertainment was excellent. Quite simply, Qatar airways have a customer for life and they are the best airline I have ever used, I cannot recommend highly enough. Thank you so much Qatar Airways for making my journey one of the best experiences I’ve ever had in my life and I’m still smiling today.
RouteMelbourne to London via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Doha Airport has lost its advantage"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Check in at Bangkok airport was swift and efficient, despite a folly booked A380. It was disappointing that Qatar seems not to re-open its flagship lounge at BKK airport after more than 2 years of closure. Does not make sense to use a very mediocre Miracle lounge since number of flights are back to pre Covid, and airfares about 40% higher in comparison to pre Covid times. Flight was uneventful, food was nothing to shout about. Champagne was uncoiled, red wine was ice cold. I was glad that my flight from Doha was from B2 gate and not the usual bus station like E area. I could not be more wrong. They used an empty airbridge gate and used buses from there. The worst part was to sit in an very hot aircraft with an open door on the tarmac with a very weak aircondition. Generally, Doha Airport has lost its advantage over other airports and is the weakest part of the overall experience while flying Qatar. The flight to Warsaw was good, with better service and food in comparison to my first leg of the journey. There are no more amenity kits for Doha to Europe flights. When I asked about it, I was told that there are no more kits for flights below 6h. Both of my flights were 5.5h; but the BKK to Doha sector had a lovely amenity kit. Overall ok flights, but Qatar lacks consistency, and the ground services in Doha are getting worse. I was lucky enough to have good seats on this trip; not Qsuites, but not the dreaded 2-2-2 configuration.
AircraftA380/Boeing 787-8
RouteBangkok to Warsaw via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"seating is very spacious"

Trip Verified | I fly with Qatar Airways every month. Credit where credit is due they are by far the best airline in the world. Staff are excellent, tentative onboard and at checkin. The seating is very spacious, food is of a high standard and inflight entertainment excellent. You can’t ask for anymore from an airline. I’m in the T4 frequent flyer lounge at Heathrow and WOW Thank you
Date FlownJune 2022

"flight was on an older A350"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | The fare was through the roof but we had no choice as no other airline serves the route except Etihad and their connection times are ridiculous. The flight was on an older A350 and the age was clearly showing, the cabin staff seemed stressed and the food was limited for choice. No QSuites just the old configuration the airline is stretched because of lack of equipment.
AircraftA350-900
RouteDoha to Singapore
Date FlownJuly 2022

"tell me off for taking a video"

Trip Verified | Manila-Doha in business class, Doha-London Heathrow Economy QR 9 on A380 (4/7/22) My first time flying economy in so many years and I thought I’d leave the Doha to Heathrow as it was. I was able to upgrade my Manila to Doha flight but not the Heathrow leg. Business class from LHR-Doha-Manila were all in the comfort of Q Suite. Business class on Qatar Airways is beyond expectation and the crew were all excellent until I flew on their economy. I felt that one of the crew was quite rude and obnoxious and tried to tell me off for taking a video and demanded that I’d delete it.
RouteManila to London via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"we had a pleasant trip both ways"

Trip Verified | We traveled as a family from US to India and back. I have to acknowledge that we had a pleasant trip both ways. The customer care was beyond excellent and the cabin crew were the most respectful and friendly staff we have ever met in all these years of our air travel. The food was absolutely incredible and the choices were simply amazing. The Hamad international airport is simply awesome and the best we have ever seen! We did not even feel that we had a 15 hour flight - it was that comfortable and relaxing! The one minus point was the crammed aircrafts from US to Doha and Doha to India (Boeing 777-300ER). It was very congested and crowded.
RouteChennai to Washington via Doha

"Comfortable flight"

(Qatar)

Not Verified | Comfortable flight though the rising ticket price makes this route is extremely expensive. The check in in Jakarta was really smooth and fast because I was doing online check in before. The flight got delayed for 1 hour but still managed to arrived in Doha on time. The food is good compared to other gulf carriers, I'm amazed that even in economy class they provide some options for the passengers. Free alcohol is provided during the flight. the entertainment system is also okay. the only critics is the seat in this type of aircraft is somehow really tight for a a long flight, when there's IFE box underneath the seat it makes your space for legs even tighter. The crew was also fine.
RouteJakarta to Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"smoothest flight I've ever experienced"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | The flight crew were so professional and respectful. I have flown for the last 10 years but that was the smoothest flight I've ever experienced. The pilots were just top notch. The descent was so smooth. Touch was even better. Kudos to them all.
RouteNairobi to Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"our patience is at its end"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Brisbane, transferring in Doha, Qatar. (30/06/2022) Due to a delayed arrival in Doha our bags did nor arrive at our end-destination Brisbane airport. Since we have arrived in Brisbane, we have tried to contact the airline in every possible way. Still, we have not been able to reach them after one week of lost luggage. We have not received one single update since our luggage got lost, although the baggage service assured us it would take maximum 72h until our luggage will be sent to us. Also claiming our lost luggage directly at Brisbane airport baggage service and filling out all the necessary paperwork has not helped us in any way. Now that 1 week has gone by without a single mail from Qatar to update us, our patience is at its end.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteFrankfurt to Brisbane via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"found the seating extremely uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | I found the seating on their B777-300ER to be extremely uncomfortable (17 inch wide seats crammed in a 3-4-3 configuration) with worn out seat cushioning and cramped leg space with the most unfriendly, inattentive, and careless cabin crew I have experienced. Another disappointment occurred when they tried to cancel my wife's business class ticket without notification. When I called, I was lied to and told that the flight had been cancelled due to operational issues, but when I asked them how come our coach tickets on the same flight were not cancelled, they could not explain. They cancelled and re-booked my wife's ticket in excess of 6 times requiring me to spend hours upon hours on the phone with their Customer Service Center in Doha. This went on and on for 5 days until I was finally able to rescue my wife's original itinerary for the alleged flight that had been cancelled (QR 726) but was now somehow reinstated. And even when they tried to make amends and promised lounge club passes for my family upon arrival in Doha, upon arrival there were no club passes nor any entries in the PNR record locator. To say that my experience was underwhelming is an understatement.
RouteChicago to Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"Almost everything is perfect"

Trip Verified | Almost everything is perfect. Flight from Bangkok to Doha was delayed for 2 hours but on chekin we were offered food vouchers. Great experience over all. Definitely will choose again to fly with Qatar Airways.
RouteDublin to Bangkok via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"promised my bag would be delivered to my home"

Trip Verified | Flew Philadelphia to the Maldives with a layover in Doha roundtrip in business class. The flights meant to be with QSuites, but due to last minute equipment changes, 3 of those flights did not have QSuites. Still, the service, food and seats were enjoyable. I was pleased the final flight from DOH-PHL was equipped with Q Suites. Really nice product. However we boarded late, sat on the plane for over 2 hours prior to takeoff due to a “cargo issue”. My flight attendant was forgetful and failed to bring half my meal, the coffee or cheese plate I requested, pajamas. The flight attendant on my husband’s side was great though. Our bags never made it out of Doha. The agent promised my bag would be delivered to my home the following day. However the bag never showed up. I sent a message through Twitter and was directed to contact the baggage dept via WhatsApp. Still no response 28 hours later. I went back to Twitter and was then directed to contact baggage dept through the “live chat” which is a joke. 27 hours later and still no response. Back to Twitter and was told “these things take time”. So nobody will tell me where my luggage is, how to submit for reimbursement, can’t get a response from any of the relevant channels, can’t speak to a live person.
RoutePhiladelphia to Male via Doha

Qatar Airways customer review

Trip Verified | Our flight from Amsterdam (1-July) was 3 hours delayed due to staff shortages in Amsterdam airport security. Upon arriving in Doha on the 2-July, we had to quickly transfer to our connecting Perth flight. We were assured that our baggage would make the flight . When we arrived in Perth, our baggage was not there. We made a claim with the baggage handling service (Menzies). They said they would email us the next day - this never happened. We made a similar claim with Qatar but their lack of response with dealing with our missing baggage has been terrible. After 3 days Qatar has not been able to locate our baggage or supply the last known location. The baggage department does not answer the phone, their email, or their WhatsApp chat function. We have no idea whether we’ll ever see our baggage again.
RouteAmsterdam to Perth via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"transit for more than 24 hours in Doha"

(Brunei)

Trip Verified | Our flight was delayed from Kuala Lumpur so we had to transit for more than 24 hours in Doha. The airline did not inform us we had to apply for visa and so we wasted almost two hours trying to apply online. They gave us a three star hotel to stay in and bus for airport transfers during our unwanted stay in Doha. Cabin service were ok. I was travelling with family (my husband, daughter and I), but only two of us was in business class due to limited seats availability. We couldn’t enter the Al Mourjan lounge as a family.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Washington via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"not been able to locate our baggage"

Trip Verified | The flight itself was fine however dealing with our baggage which they lost has been absolutely terrible. When we arrived at our final destination our checked baggage (along with 25+ other passengers) was missing. After 3 days Qatar has not been able to locate our baggage or supply the last known location. The baggage department does not answer the phone, their email, or their WhatsApp chat function. When I got ahold of someone in the reservations department they told me “these things take time.” We are extremely disappointed with the service from Qatar.
RouteLos Angeles to Nairobi via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"no one checked the hand luggage sizes"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Staff were slow in response but friendly. The frustrating thing is that no one checked the hand luggage sizes. They were well over 7Kg and some customers had more bags then the one. The overhead lockers were very full. This meant I had to store my cabin bag (weight 5Kg) 8 rows away. Almost impossible to get to once we had landed and people were standing up. If you are going to police the weight of luggage, be consistent.
RouteAuckland to Budapest via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"delayed flight and missing baggage"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Very poor experience, delayed flight and missing baggage. I was told I’d be contacted but was not. I was given a number to call no one answered. Baggage is still missing for more than 72 hrs nobody has bothered to call and provide any form of reassurance.
RouteDoha to Durban
Date FlownJune 2022

"told to sit in different areas"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | My husband and I are flying back from Turkey tonight via Doha and Qatar Airways have seated us at totally different seats/sides of the aircraft. We checked in at Bodrum and had a connecting flight so we were issued with two tickets each. I did not check the seats when we got our tickets. The first short 4 hour flight was fine. We sat together and had a good flight. But once we boarded the long haul flight we were told to sit in different areas.
RouteBodrum to Johannesburg via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"airport staff were rude, not helpful"

Trip Verified | My flight was delayed from Malaga airport traveling to Doha, they put me on a different connecting flight from Doha to IKA with over 8 hours of layover. When I arrived to Doha, the customer service didn’t offer me anything for this inconvenience. This is while the layover was from 12am until 8am, the worse time to stay awake specially with a shock of not knowing and being prepared. I have to mention that the flight and flight attendants were amazing but the airport staff were rude, not helpful and made me and so many other wait at the counter with no response for 40 min at a time while refusing to respond to our concern. I had requested a gluten free meal that I didn’t receive! I’m sorry that such a good aircraft has such a poor customer service.
RouteMalaga to Tehran via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"not allowed in the Business Lounge"

Trip Verified | Breakfast was not served until 10 am so asked for a cup of tea at about 9 am to be told, no because service starts in 10 mins. 1 hour later still waiting. However the worst part was the layover in Doha. We are Qantas Gold members and were not allowed in the Business Lounge, we got the runaround and were eventually directed to a below quality lounge with inadequate bathroom facilities.
RouteSydney to Vienna via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"quality of the seat is excellent"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Doha to London. This was my first experience of the Q-suite and sitting facing the back of the plane, the seat and amenities have been well reviewed by others my comments on this is that the quality of the seat is excellent the blanket is the good entertainment system is as good as others have found it and the in-flight service is up to their superb reputation. Regrettably the meal I chose did not match the presentation.
Date FlownJune 2022

"service was supremely good"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | After a somewhat disappointing experience in the Bangkok airport miracle lounge which Qatar Airways is using as their own lounge is closed. the experience on the A380 was really good. The A380 seat is excellent, the plane is quiet, and the service and presentation of food is at least as good as most five star restaurants can give you. I was given pyjamas to use on the flight, they were comfortable. The A380 has a very impressive lounge with very few people using it at the time I went which meant that the air stewardess who was on duty could take time to chat. The service was supremely good, dining was à la carte, so you could order what you want when you want it, presentation of the food was very nice indeed, the actual quality of the food was the only thing that let them down.
RouteBangkok to Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"Can't fault the trip anything"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Flew CPH-DOH-SGN 22-23/6 on newer B787-800s. Award ticket. All flights on time, all luggage handled perfectly, labelled priority, and arrived quickly. Can't fault the trip anything and have to score it 10/10. Check-in in CPH quick and pleasant, done within Minutes, which gave me almost 4 hours in lounges as the many counters opens 4 hours prior to departure. I was given plenty of seat options as flights were full/about to be full. The Eventyr Lounge that they use is nice and improving, the view is gorgeous. Smooth boardings and deboardings, all on jet-bridges. I oppose the by far too early gate calls, 80 Minutes before departure in CPH, despite gate is only 3 Minutes away from lounge. Lounge in DOH has changed to the new Silver Lounge at B-gates. Its roomy and nice though 1-2 steps below the level of the Al Mourjan lounge – on the other hand it provides tarmac views as the only of its kind in Doha. Onboard, a breeze of service, FA attention, and recognition of status level. 3 hot meals offered from CPH, I tried 2 of them, they were quite good. Drinks rounds and offerings were plenty, incl sparkling wine on both flights. Last flight there were 2 hot breakfast option, I craved for a 3rd option and they managed to deliver it to perfection after only 20 Minutes additional waiting. Impressive on a full flight. Managed to sleep 3 hours on the last flight in an exit row seat with meters ahead of me for leg stretching. IFE was top notch with 150+ movies, the best I have had on any economy flight. Headsets provided, however, I used my own. Full ratings, and recommended, despite the airline is very conservative, but also predictable and reliable
RouteCopenhagen to Ho Chi Minh City via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"the layover time extended"

Trip Verified | I bought 2 return tickets on Kiwi.com from Brisbane to Warsaw via Doha. We were supposed to have 2.5h layover in Doha going from Australia to Poland and 1h on our way back. We were very happy that we found such connection. One month later, on 15th February we received a notification that our itinerary had changed, and the layover time extended by 18 hours and 20 minutes. Few days later, we received another e-mail informing us that our layover in Doha was extended to 20 hours 35 minutes. They did not offer a hotel room or anything, as a compensation they offered us a meal voucher.
RouteWarsaw to Brisbane via Doha
Date FlownMarch 2022

"kudos to the Qatar Airways team"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I want to give kudos to the Qatar Airways team for their assistance on my flight from Brussels Airport. The train from ZYA to BRU was part of the travel itinerary, where the train arrived later than expected. Qatar Airways check-in desk re-opened again and allowed me to proceed with the process. The horrifying passport controls with a very long queue were the main challenge. The flight was supposed to depart at 4:35 pm, and I only managed to went through the immigration at 4:28 pm. Qatar Airways personnel was waiting for me, and my 250 meters dash began with assistance from the ground team in Brussels airport. I made it to the gate and aircraft at 4:33 pm and the flight departed on time. Kudos to the ground team in Brussel and the Customer Service assistance.
RouteBrussels to Kuala Lumpur via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"the cabin crew was excellent and very friendly"

(China)

Trip Verified | 2 flights, First flight No. CX9203 (Codeshare Cathay Pacific & Qatar Airways), from Hong Kong to Doha on an A350-900. It was very comfortable and very quiet, and the plane was modern and luxurious, the cabin crew was very good, but my food was not good. Second flight from Doha to Amman on a Boeing 787-8 . It was very comfortable, and the cabin crew was excellent and very friendly, and very helpful (amazing crew), again my food was not good.
AircraftA350-900 & Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner
RouteChengdu to Amman via Doha & Hong Kong
Date FlownMay 2022

"many passengers did not wear masks at all"

Trip Verified | Check in went ok, boarding was well organised on the first flight in Brisbane but not in Doha. The Boeing 777-300 has a 3-4-3 layout in economy and it was full. Qatar have a mask policy - however this mask policy was not implemented or enforced. It was mentioned once but staff did not remind passengers they should wear masks. As a result many passengers did not wear masks at all. In Doha the plane had to be reached via a bus. On the first flight the crew was not very friendly. Food was delicious.
AircraftBoeing 777-300, Boeing 787
RouteBrisbane to Brussels via Doha

"amazing flight attendants"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | QR is our favorite airline and each step of travel is pleasant due to the amazing flight attendants. They were so accommodating and pleasant. They looked after all passengers with great attention and professionalism. We noticed on this flight a decline in the onboard service. No men's and women's sleeper suit were available. We found that our food in business class had dropped and was not up to standard. The main courses were arranged very poorly. No hint of fine dining, rather food in a canteen. The two desserts were very modest.
RouteCebu to Zurich via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"used the older 777 300ERs"

Trip Verified | I started flying Qatar Airways last year. I have taken 5 round trips in the last ten months. I fly out of Atlanta. The first two times they used A350-900 non-Qsuite aircraft, both trips were great. From in-flight service to food, everything was top-notch. Then from my 3rd trip and on, they used the older 777 300ERs, they do not have the same seats, and the entertainment system and the screens are very slow to respond. The worst part is when you try to lay down; your feet are always dangling and not even with your body. It feels more like a long recliner than a lie-flat seat. They offer newer 777s and some even with Q suites on shorter routes, I enjoyed when I flew from Doha to Istanbul or to Dhaka. Why not use these newer aircraft for the long haul flights such as Atlanta to Doha or Doha to Atlanta, where people really need their rest, considering these are 14-hour flights. Their catering service from Atlanta has gone down drastically in the past few months.
RouteDoha to Atlanta

"the service was great"

(Lebanon)

Trip Verified | My flights were on time. We were well received on board and warm welcome from Farangis and Karanveer, the service was great. The flight attendants were pleasant and efficient. The First class Lounge in Doha is very comfortable. Services start from the airport where you do check in in firs class private section, then to separate immigration section, then to luxury and big lounge where you can eat and relax, and end with very nice and luxury seats and services.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteDoha to Beirut
Date FlownJune 2022

"truly a premier experience"

Trip Verified | I flew from Amsterdam to Phuket (return Bangkok to Amsterdam) via Doha in Business Class. All in all a very satisfactory experience. Ground crew in Amsterdam did a wonderful job despite long queues at the security check. At BKK business class passengers could use the fast track through security and immigration. From check in to lounge in 20 minutes. I had 2 flights in the marvellous qsuite. It provides maximum privacy. The other flights were also very good as all seats provided privacy, sleeping comfort and aisle access. The cabin crew provided excellent service on all flights. It's was truly a premier experience.
RouteAmsterdam to Phuket via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"poor quality of food in Economy"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Doha provided a comfortable and service oriented flight. The only downsize was the poor quality of food in Economy. Transfer in Doha was easy, due to the Al Maha transfer service an lounge access due to my Platinum status with Qatar. There was a pleasant surprise at the gate, as I got an upgrade due to an overbooked flight. I love the herringbone configuration and the bar on the A380. service and food was impeccable on this flight. I would have given full rating, but can’t because of the poor meal on the Frankfurt to Doha sector.
AircraftBoeing 773 / A380
RouteFrankfurt to Bangkok via Doha
Date FlownMay 2022

"they were out of Taitinger champagne"

Trip Verified | After departure they told us that they were out of Taitinger champagne, the main course I wanted was not available, she said you could have ordered your preferred meal before you flight. My diner was nothing specials, very small starter, main course was chicken with rice. After diner we didn’t see anyone until half hour before arrival. I bought wifi for $10 and that’s not a bad price but I expect free wifi in business class. At Doha we went to the lounge, we had to give our names and had to go in line until they call us to enter the dining area. On time we left to the gate to board our flight to Bangkok, at the gate they told us that there was a delay for half hour. Finally it took 1 hour and 45 minutes before we could board the plane without any announcements at the gate. Luckily the service on our flight to Bangkok was better.
RouteAmsterdam to Bangkok via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"error message every time"

Trip Verified | Got a bit of a fright at check-in when staff told me I was booked to fly home from Hanoi but I was standing in HCMC airport. Originally booked from Hanoi but i changed departure point two days after i made the booking. I was sent a new e-ticket which confirmed from HCMC and seat number. Upon making the change agent was pretty clear that i should re-issue my ticket via an issue button on the website. Tried this over and over - error message every time. Called them and told problem fixed but I noticed several times that the issue ticket button re-appeared. Emailed Qatar as was concerned by this, they dodged my question. At check in desk was told to call Doha. Got cut off three times whilst being transferred . Fourth call, agent told me to log onto web and click “issue ticket” button, it didn’t work. Agent sorted it manually.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Manchester via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"a two year window to rebook"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Booked a flight for my wife in Feb 2020 with QR using my Avios points. Then in April 2020, QR canceled the flight. When I attempted to rebook in April 2022, I am advised that my Avios points have been forfeited (208,000). Customer Service do not reply for 5 weeks and then refer me to the Privilege Club (of which I have been a member for 15 years). The Privilege Club refer me to the QR COVID policy on cancellation and then back to Customer Service. Whether a policy written by QR after the purchase of the ticket actually entitles QR to cancel my points is in my view moot. QR canceled the booking, then forfeited my points and gave me no notice of pending forfeiture (in Feb 2022). They restricted me to a two year window to rebook in circumstances where rebooking was infeasible due to COVID related travel restrictions. My point is why give a loyal customer the run around? It would cost virtually nothing in financial terms to restore the forfeited points and would retain my loyalty. The is a critical review of Customer Service for an airline that in most other ways is excellent.
RouteDoha to Phuket
Date FlownApril 2022

"Keep it up, Qatar Airways!"

Trip Verified | I travel internationally several times a year but this was my first time taking Qatar Airways. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the two aircrafts used on this trip, the professionalism of the crew. The crew attended to all my needs in a pleasant manner. All these conditions made my long trip enjoyable. I will definitely take Qatar Airways whenever possible and I am already recommending it to family and friends. Keep it up, Qatar Airways!
RouteJohannesburg to Washington DC via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"service by all the staff was amazing"

Trip Verified | The customer service by all the staff was amazing. In particular I would like to mention Sophia who was so accommodating, patient and pleasant while dealing with the passengers. Each person is made to feel special. Would also like to mention Jaswinder, another lovely young lady flight attendant for the same reasons. When you see good service in-cabin it shows the quality of the management too.
RouteToronto to Kozhikode via Montreal / Doha
Date FlownMay 2022

"Well done Qatar Airways"

Trip Verified | What an experience flying with Qatar Airways, everything was handled so professionally and efficiently. Well done to both the airport staff and the air crew for making this without doubt the best flight experience in my 30+ years of international travel. The business class seat was fantastic with a great select of entertainment and cabin crew were very friendly. The star of the show for me was the quality and choice of food onboard, 5 star dining. I did markdown the Wi-Fi as I struggled to connect, I'm sure the staff would have sorted this had I asked. It wasn't an issue I was just happy to relax and enjoy the experience. I’ve had some dreadful business class experiences this year travelling to the USA with two different airlines, this has reinstated my faith that there are airlines who actually care about their passengers. Well done Qatar Airways.
Date FlownMay 2022

"the most amazing experience"

Trip Verified | I had the most amazing experience with Qatar Airways. I landed in Doha from Toronto and the Qatar staff made sure that the passengers knew where they needed to go and helped navigate the airport. The lounge was exceptionally clean, convenient and quiet. I flew on QR 534. Manasvi and Sharan, the flight attendants did an amazing job taking care of me on the flight. My experience flying with them for 3 hours was way better than the experience with Air Canada for 13 hours. Manasvi and Sharan both made me feel very comfortable and showed that they cared. Thank you!!
RouteDoha to Ahmedabad
Date FlownMay 2022

"the wonderful service I got"

Not Verified | Got best seat with my infant. Food was ok, They should give a little attention to the food. Today here give review about the wonderful service I got from the cabin Crew, Usman From Flight QR 723. The best I ever got from a cabin crew in flying life. Very helpful man, not only to us. He was very nice to all the passenger as well. I'm very delighted by his service, made me want to fly with only with Qatar Airways again, and also recommendation to my family and friend to fly with them.
AircraftQR723
RouteDoha to Chicago
Date FlownMay 2022

"not offered any bedding on the flight"

Trip Verified | The airline facilities were fantastic. It was my first time flying business in the Qsuite with Qatar Airways as I was travelling from australia to Europe. When waiting to board the flight there was no priority lane for business class passengers. Once I had boarded, I would have appreciated a better welcome and more information regarding the services on board. Unfortunately I was mostly ignored by staff when I got into my seat except when I had the do not disturb sign on. I was awakened as the air steward who he needed to know my meal preference. It was a 14 hour flight. I do not understand the urgency from the staff. It defeats the purpose of even having a do not disturb sign. I was not offered any bedding on the flight.
RouteBrisbane to Milan via Doha
Date FlownMay 2022

"hard time finding anything to complain about"

(Sweden)

Not Verified | The first stretch of Bangkok Doha I had a one seater Q suite. Normally when I fly with my wife we ​​have a double Q suite (3E/3F) Now I had 1A. Flying in Qatar's Q suite is considered the best option to fly in Business class. When you then add the service level that the Cabin staff provides, I have a hard time finding anything to complain about. To be able to decide for yourself when you want to eat, I also find absolutely perfect on longer flights. All people are different I want to eat as early in the trip as possible while my wife wants to get her meal later. The section Doha - Stockholm was a more common type of seat configuration 1-2-1 The same nice cabin staff. Have flown a lot during my professional life (am now retired), have not found in recent years any airline that provides such a good flight (travel) experience as a whole as Qatar. They may not be the cheapest option but clearly an option not to be underestimated. Qatar Airways has always lined up if we have had any problems with my travel (both private and business travel). Already planning for our next trip and Qatar is definitely our main option for this trip as well.
RouteBangkok to Stockholm via Doha

"efficient, friendly, helpful"

Not Verified | Have now flown with Qatar Airways on several occasions, with positive experiences every time. They are efficient, friendly, helpful and always looking after the customer needs. Great service, people, food, facilities and customer care. Unreservedly recommended.
RouteMelbourne to Dublin via Doha

"this memorable experience"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | The flight was initially delayed due to issues at the airport. However, time were made up in the air and we landed as planned. The crew was extremely helpful throughout the night with water and drinks. Although we ate late the food has been incredible tasty. Thank you Qatar Airways for this memorable experience. I can now see why you are rated as the number 1 airline in the world.
RouteDoha to Johannesburg
Date FlownMay 2022

"Best airline I have flown"

Trip Verified | Best airline I have flown, the staff were so accommodating, obviously the food is different but very well presented and nice too. Thank you for being so considerate with me being disabled, the staff were fantastic, I will definitely be using your airline again as well as referring to friends and family.
RouteJohannesburg to Doha
Date FlownMay 2022

"I have been very impressed"

Not Verified | It was my first time on Qatar Airways and in Business Class and I must say I have been very impressed. The Q-Suites are all what a traveller can dream of and the service has been amazing on every segment of my flights (Montreal-Cape Town via Doha and back). Food and drinks are available at all time and flight attendants are attentive to all your needs - there's not much more you can ask for. To boot, I had access to VIP lounges in every airport, so it was a very pleasant experience overall and I highly recommend Qatar Airways to every traveller, especially for long flights.
RouteCape Town to Montreal via Doha
Date FlownMay 2022

"experience was seamless and very good"

Trip Verified | It was my first time that I flew with Qatar Airways and my experience was seamless and very good. The check in process took some time due to the extra requirements demanded by the destination however the check in agent was a lovely and nice lady. The boarding process was organized despite some impatient passengers. The ground agents directed passengers to the rights lines with their boarding zone number. I was travelling in Business class on both legs on a standby ticket. The first from Montreal to Doha and longest leg featured the Qsuite which is impressive and amazing. The suite is spacious and comfortable. The second leg to Phuket was the normal pod which is similar to different airlines but still good. The cabin crew on both legs were polite and friendly. I really appreciated how they going the extra mile with their service skills to passengers. The meals were tasty and there's a lot of options of meals, snacks and drinks. The washrooms were spacious and kept clean. The entertainment had a big selection of movies, shows and games. Qatar Airways is superior compare to European or North American airlines and a good choice for an airline.
AircraftBoeing 777-300 /B787-8
RouteMontreal to Phuket via Doha
Date FlownApril 2022

"vegan option was inedible stodge"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Business class LHR-BKK, QR832 DOH-BKK, May 16 paid over 60 UK pounds for window seat reservation, changed to 10G middle quad seat without notification. Maybe different plane but why not change to another window seat when they were available. Did get window seat at check-in, seat controls were not working! I should get a refund on the cancelled seat reservation. Shambolic boarding especially at DOH with everyone waiting on the loading gangway for over 30 minutes. Food was the worst I have had on an airline, they seem to think lacto vegetarian is low calories vegetarian, the vegan option was inedible stodge. Staff were very nice.
RouteLondon to Bangkok via Doha
Date FlownMay 2022

"a little bit disappointed with this specific flight"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I have been choosing and flying with Qatar Airways at least 2-3 times a year and it has always been a great experience flying with them. Just a little bit disappointed with this specific flight, QR932 to Manila.
AircraftBoieng 777-300ER
RouteBelgrade to Doha via Manila
Date FlownMay 2022

"food on board was very mediocre"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Flights were on time and uneventful. But I’ve noticed that Qatar is unable to keep its quality edge over its competitors. It started at BKK airport where they use an inferior contract Lounge since they closed their own lounge indefinitely. The food on board was very mediocre to say the least. There is no more butter for the bread and the main courses were underwhelming in terms of quality and quantity. The beer I had was served at room temperature. The transfer in Doha was the usual chaos at the basement level. The staff wasn’t very friendly and the bus arrived at the aircraft while the aircraft was still being cleaned. We had to wait in a bus for 30 min before being allowed to board. This wasn’t the first time I’ve experienced this communication chaos using the bus. All in all, I am not willing to pay a premium for flying Qatar anymore. The decline in service, the last minute changes in type of aircraft does not justify the fares it is charging, which is, especially in Premium well above pre Covid times.
AircraftA380 / Boeing 772
RouteBangkok to Frankfurt via Doha
Date FlownMay 2022

"I would highly recommend"

Trip Verified | New York to Kathmandu via Doha. Best airline and excellent service. Awesome food and great airline crew. I would highly recommend. Will surely fly again and will refer to friends and family.
RouteNew York to Kathmandu via Doha
Date FlownApril 2022

"Overall an excellent travel"

Trip Verified | Excellent inflight service from Montreal to Doha and return. All of the cabin staff were very courteous and helpful. Overall an excellent travel. Thank you.
RouteDoha to Montreal
Date FlownApril 2022

"helped us thoroughly for more than one hour"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Due to not having PCR Test earlier on, we cannot get on our flight. We rushed for our test and it's scheduled to be out in 4 hours at Heathrow Terminal 5 London. We had no choice but to postpone to our next flight. After the test, we approached the Qatar Airways ticketing team and he cannot help us because we bought our ticket through the travel agent in our country. Some time later, we approached a different guy who was so helpful. I would like to appreciate Mr Inam (senior ticketing agent at Heathrow Terminal 5). He helped us thoroughly for more than one hour. Called to Doha, checked the time of our next flight and helped us to do the check in without any queue, and so on without additional charged apart from a fee for a different class of seat we got. We are so relieved and eventually we got on our next flight. He was extremely helpful. We are glad to meet the right guy Qatar Airways has placed on that particular moment.
RouteLondon to Jakarta via Doha
Date FlownMay 2022

"their cabin crew were amazing"

(Kuwait)

Trip Verified | I would recommend Qatar Airways to everyone firstly because they are willing to assist when needed and try to give you alternative options in order to satisfy you and help, secondly their cabin crew were amazing especially for long flights they give you the best services in-flight. Qatar Airways give you the maximum support regardless of your cabin class, I like Hamad international Airport, the seats were comfy. Hope they keep their excellent services high and meet the customer’s expectations .
RouteDammam to Boston via Doha
Date FlownApril 2022

"requested a paid upgrade to business"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Doha in February 2022. After being told I would be seated in an empty row by ground staff, I found that the row was not empty at all. I requested a paid upgrade to business at this point, and the staff refused. The staff were just so indifferent. My seat was the one right before the toilet, so that was gross in itself and getting any kind of rest on this flight proved impossible. My food was quite gross, and was massively downgraded after it being quite acceptable previously. I had only traveled economy with Qatar before, and found it to be pleasant enough, but the quality on this flight had massively dropped.
RouteSydney to Doha