Qatar Airways

Qatar Airways customer review

London to Doha Boeing 787. Qatar Airways sets the standard for luxury business class with this airplane and it was the best experience I've had in many years. First class lounge at Heathrow Terminal was fantastic fabulous good great wines and nice staff. Onboard the airplane brilliant business class cabin and nice color scheme. I had a single window seats and truly private - better than most airlines first class. Meals served individually table style and food was good with a great selection of wines. Staff very efficient they don't smile much though but are courteous. The in flight entertainment had massive choice of movies and tv programs. Downside was arrival into Doha with long bus ride but the new airport is flagged to open this week and that will top this off as the best business class out there.

Qatar Airways customer review

BOS-HKG via Philadelphia and Doha. When we arrived in Philadelphia we needed new boarding passes so went to the Qatar Airways counter for them. The attendant said that there was something wrong with our ticket boarding passes cannot be issued and only US Airways can fix the problem. She sent us to the US Airways counter without telling us what was the issue. We went over stood in line for 45 minutes waited for someone. Of course nothing was wrong. We went back to Qatar Airways for sure the issue had cleared and we were all set to board. We wasted over 90 minutes for no apparent reason. Philadelphia to Doha was delayed severely due to a bathroom issue. Doha Airport itself was small and messy with the new Hamad Airport opening 27 May it will probably get better. HKG-DOH with Cathay Pacific we were upgraded to Premium Economy free due to overbooking. The seat was very comfortable. The in flight entertainment system was more responsive compared to Qatar Airways. DOH-PHL I slept through most of the flight and my husband most of the flight. I don't recommend this airline unless you are flying business or first class where Qatar Airways actually value you.

(South Africa)

JNB-DOH-BCN return. All flights on time early into JNB on return home. All flights on newish aircraft comfortable seats and nice meals. Staff on night flight were not present in the cabin as much as I would expect but the rest was nice and attentive. Doha airport was bearable and quite quick connections both ways but can't wait for their new airport to finally open. Didn't use the IFE myself but my partner was impressed and watched endless choice of movies.

Qatar Airways customer review

AUH-DOH-LHR return. 90 minutes delay at DOH waiting for late connections/congestion. Things will improve with the new airport opening 27th May 2014. The pilot did apologize and water was passed around but it was very hot. It is hardly becoming a 5* airline to operate aircraft with defects that impact on passenger comfort. The system did not work for the safety video and a manual demonstration was provided which appeared hurried and rather perfunctory. Missed connections at DOH for myself and others and the horror of the Doha Airport transfer desk. Only the attendants on the first leg welcomed me onboard as a Gold Card holder.

Qatar Airways customer review

1st time flying with Qatar. Flights were from Perth to Dusseldorf. The flight was OK food was enjoyable but the list of inflight movies where old and not that many. All announcements where done in both English and Arabic which get annoying especially the videos of the same safety procedures interrupting the in-flight entertainment. All flights were delayed some by over 1 hour which does not help with tight connections. Missed our flight from Berlin to Dusseldorf for which they took over an hour to get us on the next flight which we almost missed again. Lost our luggage as well at least it turned up the next day. Our return flights were also delayed. It may have been cheaper but Singapore Air does it best. Also Doha airport is not great at all.

(Malaysia)

As a frequent flier who travels on business on average of once a month I was rather disappointed to note the poor quality of the cabin crew on both legs of my recent Business Class flight onboard Qatar Airways. The crew were indifferent cold and impersonal. There was no initiative shown by the cabin crew no greetings upon boarding or as the meal was served no offer of newspapers or selection of reading materials service was inconsistent with the crew (with the exception of the inflight supervisor) unwilling to engage in conversation. I mentioned being hungry at 11pm for a 8.30pm flight departure and was rudely told the Captain had the seatbelt sign on. Dinner was finally served at 11.45pm. The plate service does not work as between the first pax being served and the last could take as long as an hour!! Too much time spent in the galley and not enough walking the aisle. Food was good but not fantastic. The inflight entertainment offered all the choices to be expected but the navigation was a little ungainly with the mouse like cursor. The seat was similar to other airlines offering a full flat product. Happy to note that Qatar still provided pyjamas and a small overnight bag which many other airlines have discontinued. Overall my disappointment with the cabin service overwhelms what positives I obtained from a good lounge in Doha and efficient check in service.

(Denmark)

NBO-DOH-BUD on 19 May 2014. All flights on time. Check-in was done well - I had two tickets and 4 sectors in front of me – only the first 2 sectors were with Qatar Airways but they managed to issue all 4 boarding cards thus the last two sectors were with Turkish who are in Star-alliance. Also the luggage was checked through beyond Budapest –- a nice touch. First leg on A320 night flight load only 60% - thus offered 3 seats in a row. Nice touch is that they offered 3 options of dinners (instead of breakfast) thus the clock was 2 am. I had red-marinated sea-bass as 1st main-course and as there were plenty of food left as many were sleeping I had rice and chicken as a 2nd main-course. Staff were proactive and I was greeted by name again by at least 4 FAs. Wines in mini-bottles and of reasonable quality. DOH-BUD A321. Flight full except 1 seat next to me. I was greeted and respected as Privilege Club Gold Card holder. Morning flight with 3 options of hot food. I chose the vegetarian omelette. Champagne Jacquart upon request. Juices and coffee ad libitum. I was explained by the chief purser on QRs new booking system which make it possible to combine tickets and transfer luggage across airlines many sectors and different alliances. IFE good though my monitor froze an hour before landing.

(South Africa)

CPT-DOH-MXP-DOH-CPT. Big surprise was QR122 MXP-DOH on A320-200 aircraft where the old uncomfortable seat have been replaced with lie-flat ones! Well done Qatar Airways being a six hours night flight it made a difference. DOH-CPT on new Boeing Dreamliner was a good one. Pity a technical glitch kept us on the tarmac in Johannesburg for an extra three hours with little said from the captain. Overall a positive experience with a competent and professional cabin crew.

Qatar Airways customer review

MUC-CRK-MUC. Flight was very very good. In time good Entertainment system. Only point: I flew at night. I had to wait long until they served dinner and I could get a nap.

Qatar Airways customer review

I flew on a connection from JFK-FCO-DOH-LHE. The ticket was a combination of Alitalia and Qatar. Excellent flight from JFK with Alitalia very impressed with their new business class. Of course when I arrived in Rome it was the traditional European lounge which was decent for a 3 hour layover. I have been flying Qatar for the past 6 years now. As soon as the flight was announced for boarding I didn't pay attention at that time Qatar airways ground staff came and assisted me to the aircraft with a very friendly attitude. The moment I entered the cabin they knew who I was and escorted me to my seat. The cabin manager then came introduced herself to me and thanked me for being their loyal Qatar Airways member. Throughout the flight the cabin crew were very friendly. 7 hours journey great food great hospitality. Landed at Doha Airport again separate terminals for First and Bus class passengers was treated very well and acknowledged by everyone for my membership status. Took a shower in the lounge and 2 hours later boarded for LHE. Again great service till LHE and enjoyed every minute of my flight. Etihad and Emirates should learn from Qatar Airways. Looking forward to their new Airport soon.

Qatar Airways Photos

QATAR AIRWAYS, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results