Qatar Airways

"Cabin service was of a high standard"

Trip Verified | Both flights were on schedule. The cabin crew are mostly from South Asia. That, plus the food and the large selection of films from that region gave the flights a distinctive South Asian vibe. Many of the passengers too appeared to be from the Subcontinent. Cabin service was of a high standard. The flight attendants tend to be chatty. The Dreamliner business class cabin on the CCU-DOH segment is bright, big, and beautiful. I got a few hours sleep and had an excellent breakfast. The plane after landing was parked at a remote location but an air conditioned bus arrived very promptly and it was dedicated for only biz class passengers. The transit time at Doha was a little over an hour and I did not feel I could make use of the lounge. The DOH-JFK leg was in the airline's vaunted Q-Suites. It felt very enclosed, though cozy. The cabin looked congested and crowded. A large collection of films were in the video library including several Hollywood classics. Meal service is on demand - something I don't care for. The menu list is extensive. Pajamas, sandals, and a toiletry kit were provided on this flight. On the shorter CCU-DOH flight only a toilet kit (a "cheaper" version) was on the seat. The biggest surprise was that Qatar airways has discontinued its in-flight duty free shopping, something I have always enjoyed about air travel. There is really nothing to fault on this airline except that on both occasions, the flight attendants had to be reminded to bring me my jacket on arrival which they were so eager to stow away when I boarded. Arrival was at JFK's Terminal 8 where the immigration check was relatively fast and I was out of the terminal in no time. On the CCU-JFK route, the airline is holding up very well from a generally high quality competition from Cathay Pacific/Dragon.
AircraftBoeing 787-800/777-300
RouteKolkata to New York JFK via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Crew were very professional"

Trip Verified | Perth to Edinburgh via Doha. Found the Q-suites very spacious. Crew were very professional and enjoyed the champagne and cuisine.Unfortunately left my phone on board and despite reporting it within 20 minutes could not be found.The layover in Doha was relaxing however very hard to find a seat in the lounge. Onward flight was also very good and would definitely fly Qatar on my next trip.
AircraftBoeing 777er / A350-900
RoutePerth to Edinburgh via Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"gluten free meals were the worst"

Trip Verified | Amman to Sydney via Doha. The seating was comfortable and the staff usually helpful, however staff checked our ticket before we got to check in, and everyone is required to board in zones. The entertainment was very disappointing for me. My pre ordered gluten free meals were the worst, they were usually inedible, one was a sandwich which was stale. I had to eat my own muesli bars, could the airline not supply Coeliacs with edible, gluten free but not dairy free meals. I will not be travelling Qatar Airways again.
RouteAmman to Sydney via Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"do care about their customers"

(Estonia)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Bali via Doha. We had amazing flights with Qatar airways. Helsinki to Doha went great and the service was good and the stuff was really helpful and nice. Flight was smooth. We had to change a flight in Doha. Our final destination was Bali. There were a lot of people and it came out that the flight was overbooked. They announced me and my fiances name and we got upgraded to a business class. That was an amazing surprise since we had a 9 hour flight. Business class was something special too, and all the service and food was spot on. On the second flight i realized I left a personal item on the last flight and as we had wifi on board I could write them to lost and found. They found my item, and kept it and now sending it back to me. What a service! They do care about their customers. We literally had no problems with our trip and it was an experience. Also would definitely recommend earning miles with Qatar Airways, that was the reason we got upgraded, cause we had quite some miles with them.
RouteHelsinki to Bali via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2019

"service was really slow"

Trip Verified | Flew Qatar Airways from Doha to Amsterdam. Comfortable q-suite even when rear facing. Good variety of movies and music. The BRICS mini bag is my favorite take away. Unfortunately, service was really slow. Usually, QR attendance is there within minutes of ringing the attendant’s light - but in this case, the wait was always around 15 minutes. They literally walk past and ignore for the initial 15 minutes.
RouteDoha to Amsterdam
Date FlownOctober 2019

"episode was very stressful "

Trip Verified | Montreal to Multan via Doha. I booked a connecting flight through Qatar Airways web site and they booked me from Toronto via Montreal with Porter Airline at 7 p.m. and then from Montreal to Doha at 9 p.m. and from Doha to Multan Pakistan with Qatar air flight. The nightmare started on Friday at 5pm when me and my wife arrived at the airport 2 hours before our flight but we were told Porter cancelled my original flight 7:00 p.m. and booked us an hour earlier without notifying me. Which resulted us missing our flight even though we have received the boarding passes and we were at the gate 15 mins before flights departure but according to them they can’t board our luggage (4 pieces for me and my wife at 20kg each as per allowed limit of 23KG each) as it will bring the flight over the weight limit. They promised to book us in next available flight which was at 8:00, which was again too late as out next flight was leaving Montreal at 9:00 pm. We were told we will receive a call with in 2-3 hours which never happened even though we waited all night to hear from them and we ended up missing our Montreal to Doha flight. When I tried to call Qatar's helpline, it was closed. I called Qatar head office and they told me that their system tells that we were no show, so according to their terms and conditions we have to buy new tickets which will cost $3500 for two people one way. Even though we had boarding passes and it was not our fault but they told us to take it to up with Porter. I called Porter and they told us that since we never booked with their office they can’t help us and we have to contact Qatar Airways. We stayed up all night continuously trying to get hold of someone from Qatar but to no avail. Next day we went to Porter head office and made a huge scene (whole different story) but at least after 10 hours of bickering and arguing at around 10 p.m. Saturday, they accepted their mistake and told us to go home and they contacted Qatar and got us a flight for Sunday, without any charge, whole 2 days later which with 10 hours layover in Doha to reach Pakistan. All in all, the whole episode was very stressful and Qatar Airways was no help at all.
RouteMontreal to Multan via Doha
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Terrible policy for hand luggage"

Trip Verified | Tbilisi to Doha. Terrible check in policy for hand luggage. I’ve never had a problem with my carry-ons weight when I’m in business class. My bags contain clothes, blankets, pillows toiletries and a backpack with computer equipment. Flying from Tbilisi, they would not make any exceptions and I had to buy another suitcase. I rarely see other airlines with weight limits.
RouteTbilisi to Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Outstanding service and food"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Doha. Outstanding service and food. The Q suite is very comfortable with privacy. A large selection of movies including world movies makes the flight enjoyable. There is even a massage mode for their chairs. I was backward facing but did not feel any differently. Will definitely fly Qatar Airways again.
RouteAmsterdam to Doha
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"a wonderful long flight"

Trip Verified | Doha to Sydney in October 2018/. Me and my family were in the Qsuite which are seats surrounded by partitions, so we had our own private space. All seats had their own big screen and entertainment services. The food and beverages were excellent and we experienced a wonderful long flight.
RouteDoha to Sydney
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Bitterly disappointed"

Trip Verified | Kuwait to Manchester via Doha. Bitterly disappointed with the service from Qatar airways. Lounges are disappointing, staff at the lounges discourteous, after flying first I would expect better. After flying through Doha twice in the last month with similar experiences I’ll be sticking with Emirates for future travel.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Qatar Airways Photos

QATAR AIRWAYS, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results