Qatar Airways

"ground crew could have handled the situation better"

(Poland)

Not Verified | Goa to Warsaw via Doha. Qatar Airways is a good airline but I lowered my rating as our flight was delayed and feel the ground crew could have handled the situation better. They did however accommodate us in a very good hotel about an hour away, for 5 hours before we had to leave back for the airport. Also, having kids in the group, would have expected to make our transit in Doha a little more comfortable considering that our transit time was 5 hrs which is 3 hrs more than the original time. I have flown before on Qatar Airways and been a good experience everytime but this one time I was really knackered as we begun our journey at 0.30 hrs on 11/11 and ended it 34 hrs later.
RouteGoa to Warsaw via Doha

"exceptionally good"

Trip Verified | Heathrow to Tokyo via Doha. Have flown business many times (mostly BA) but this is the first time I have flown Qatar Airways but it won't be the last. This flight was BA business Heathrow to Doha and Qatar Airways Doha to Tokyo and I must say the Qatar Airways flight made BA look like an economy budget airline. We were in the Qsuite and it really was exceptionally good with plenty of space and good facilities. Can't comment on the ground as we were only in transit but the service, food and seating were exceptionally good and so glad I decided to go this route.
RouteHeathrow to Tokyo via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I missed my connecting flight"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Manila to Gothenburg via Doha. The flight from Manila to Doha was delayed for five hours and it was not communicated to me why the delay occured. The experience onboard the aircraft was very good, but I missed my connecting flight and was rebooked on flight from Doha to Stockholm.
RouteManila to Gothenburg via Doha

"an aged business class"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Doha to Hong Kong. Check In was very fast at the dedicated premium Check in in Doha. I was told that I am on my pre-booked seat 8K. The lounge is huge and looks good however the food is pretty mediocre and the shower capacities very limited. Upon boarding it was not a QSuite but an aged business class 2-2-2 configuration, they had not informed me of a changed in plane. The cabin staff tried to make good but were surprised I was not informed about the change of planes. Food was breakfast and things - no real main course for me on an 8 hour plus flight.
RouteDoha to Hong Kong
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Airport security will not allow it"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Bangkok via Doha. The service on board was excellent after my last experience with them it was definitely a massive improvement. Doha to Bangkok flight QR832, on 25th October the stewardesses serving seats 32 and 33 H,J,K window seats were absolutely fantastic we were travelling as a group of 6 3 adults and 3 children. Their attentiveness to the children was brilliant and beyond expectation. Flights back from Bangkok and Doha to Manchester we had a stopover of 4 days in Doha were fine too. The problem was the Bangkok check in staff. If you are travelling from Bangkok make sure that you power banks have a capacity label on because Bangkok Airport security will not allow it to go through if it doesn’t have a capacity label which I learnt to my expense! Mine that I had had for 5 years was in my bag and as going through security must have fallen out of my bag so they checked it and cos it didn’t have a label they refused to let it through. I went back to check in to ask for assistance and staff could only give me advise to take it to the post office and post it to my Uk address (I did go to post office but they refused saying they can’t post batteries). The lack of attentiveness of this check in staff and then her colleague was disgusting. The issue here wasn’t the power bank but it was the sentimental value it had attached to it that can never be replaced. I found out later if staff had given me a letter to say that they give permission for me to take it on the plane then Bangkok Airport security would allow me to take it.
RouteManchester to Bangkok via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2019

"a great first experience"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Munich via Doha. Flew with Qatar for the first time to Europe, normally I fly with Emirates but thought to try out Qatar Airways this time. So glad I did. On our first flight to Doha, my seat was broken, the seat recliner would not stay upright. Not fun on what is to be a long 15 hour flight. I notified the flight attendant of this at the beginning and was told they will look into it and then left. I wasn't expecting much on an economy fare but 5 minutes later the flight attendant comes back with his supervisor and within minutes my seat was fixed. The supervisor was Deyan and he was exceptional - after fixing my seat, he looked after me and my mother for the entire flight making sure we were comfortable and checking on us from time to time. His customer service and skills was outstanding and because of him, my mother and I have raved about Qatar Airways and will definitely use this airline for our future travels. Thank you to Deyan and the cabin crew for looking after us on our flight with Qatar Airways. What a great first experience!
RouteMelbourne to Munich via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2019

"convey my heartfelt thanks"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Cardiff to Cape Town via Doha. I missed my connecting flight from Doha to Cape Town and was stranded at the airport at 01h40, as you can imagine I was very stressedd. One of the staff, Londikile, kindly comforted me and calmed me down and escorted me to the Transit desk on the other side of the airport. She went to liaise with one of the Supervisors, and they managed to get me onto the next flight to Johannesburg at 07h00. I am truly grateful for the kindness, shown towards me by these 2 special ladies and the staff at the transit desk, who also assisted me, so that I could contact my family in Cape Town. I can see why Qatar Airways has won awards over the last years, as it is due to their friendly service, professionalism and their culture towards their customers. Please convey my heartfelt thanks to these 2 employees, they went beyond and above.
RouteCardiff to Cape Town via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2019

"cabin crew was excellent"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Jakarta via Doha. First time with Qatar and first time with Boeing 787. First leg was with A350 and this was pretty decent flight. Seats were great, entertainment was great and touch screen worked smoothly. Service with mainly Asian cabin crew was excellent. BI found the food literally suck, my wife said she cannot eat hers.
RouteHelsinki to Jakarta via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2019

"refused to provide any compensation"

Trip Verified | Mahe to Langkawi via Doha on 22 October. My flight couldn't land at my destination due to bad weather, which I understand, We were meant to arrive at 5pm but we didn't arrive at our hotel in another part of Malaysia until 10pm. We were informed at 11.30pm that we would get put on the next available flight in the morning. I was told to wake up at 3am for a 4am departure, at the airport I was informed I was not on that morning flight as their wasn't enough space for me and my flight not due to depart until 4:30pm. Frustrated that I missed a night in my hotel I was now angry that I had little sleep and was forced to wake up for a flight that wasn't booked for me. Very poor communication and no apologies were given just that they were "trying their best". At the airport there was no manager around, there should have been a manager dealing with the passengers on this flight. I was informed that I had missed the shuttle back to the hotel so I had to wait another hour until the next shuttle arrived. I demanded they pay to put me in a taxi but they refused. I asked for them to phone Qatar customer service line but they declined. I finally got to the airport and once again my flight was delayed by a further 2 hours. I didn't arrive at my destination until 11pm that night. So a full day wasted. I arrived 31 hours after I was scheduled to arrive at my destination. Qatar Airways refused to provide compensation. I think this is disgraceful customer service. I will personally never recommend or book with them again.
RouteMahe to Langkawi via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2019

"cancelled at the last moment"

Trip Verified | My flight from Melbourne to Doha on 5 November 2019 was cancelled at the last moment. We had to disembark and wait for 2 hours to be told that the flight is cancelled and they cannot tell us when we will be rebooked again. They have provided no compensation and I didn’t have travel insurance.
RouteMelbourne to Moscow via Doha

Qatar Airways Photos

QATAR AIRWAYS, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines with a modern fleet of 179 aircraft flying to more than 150 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance.

FIRST CLASS

A380 aircraft provide 8 first class suites, in 1x2x1 cabin layout.

flat_seatsFlat bed suite
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

BUSINESS CLASS

Typical seat layout of 1x2x1 (eg. A380, A350, B787) or 2x2x2 layout (eg. B777).

flat_seatsFlat bed seat
power_iconIn-seat &/or USB power
DiningOn demand dining
WinesFine wines & beverage service
SleepingPillows & duvet / blanket
PyjamasPyjamas (*not all flights)
AmenitiesAmenity kit

ECONOMY CLASS

Qatar Airways aircraft cabin/seat layouts can be viewed on the Seat Map in menu below.

Seat pitchSeat pitch : 31-33 inches
Seat widthSeat width : 17.5 -18.75 inches
WiFiOnboard WiFi (*not all flights)
power_iconIn-seat/USB power (*not all flights)
DiningComplimentary meals
WinesComplimentary beverages & wines
SleepingPillows & blankets supplied

SEAT MAPS

View aircraft seat maps for Qatar Airways fleet. We have provided you a direct link to Qatar Airways Fleet information page, where the most up-to-date information should be available.
» View Seat Maps

LOUNGES

At Doha Hamad International Airport, premium customers may use the luxury Al Safwa First class and Al Mourjan Business class lounge.

Lounge SeatingExpansive seating options
WinesSignature bar service
SleepingQuiet room / rest area

» Qatar Airways lounge reviews

IFE

Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. With the very first dual-screen interface, onboard A350, A380 and Boeing 787 aircraft, customers can multitask - like play a game on a handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.

ONBOARD WIFI

Stay connected with OnAir mobile service. WiFi services are available onboard Qatar Airways A380, A350, Boeing 787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft.

AWARDS

Qatar Airways was one of the first airlines named as a 5-Star Airline. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax World Airline Awards. This is the third time Qatar Airways has won this prestigious and coveted accolade of Airline of the Year.

» Airline Award results