Qatar Airways

"chat support is also very poor"

Trip Verified | The flight operations and service on board were very good and we were overall happy with that. The food was great and the flight crew very polite and friendly. The transit in Doha was generally ok, but the flight information was somewhat misleading (several flight numbers pointing to the sams flight, no information that the flight stops on route to a different final destination). Flight entertainment was ok, but the touchpads of the Oryx One systems were not working smoothly, in the B787 it was ok, but in the 737 it was barely usable, very disappointed by that. We were very disappointed by the Qatar Airways website and mobile app. How is it possible that a world class airline cannot set up properly maintained online services? The homepage and app crashed several times, didn't accept our discount vouchers that are available to new customers. The chat support is also very poor, as it took us over 1 hour to discuss a simple change of our booking. In general customer service is bad. Our bag was broken upon arrival and we couldn't even find a complaint form on the website, or some E-Mail address.
RouteMunich to Kilimanjaro via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2022

"informed that there are technical problems"

Trip Verified | The flight to Singapore was okay at best, seats are close to each other. Food was good. In the flight back from Singapore we entered the aircraft on time, then we were informed that there are technical problems so we should leave the plane again. Afterwards we had to sit at the airport gate for four hours (still counting), no information were given to us, no water. The Singapore ground staff was not professional at all, they promised information that never came.
RouteSingapore to Doha
Date FlownNovember 2022

"very spacious and comfortable"

Trip Verified | SIN to DOH on a Boeing 777. Older aircraft but very spacious and comfortable. Ordered Gluten Free Meal. Very delicious. Toilets and cleaned regularly Flight crew was fantastic. As for inflight entertainment, my favourite channel was the flight map. Although I prefer they cut the special effects and advertising and just show a plain and simple flight map. Loved their window seat at Economy. If you want to be first to enter the plane, make sure you sit at Zone 1. DOH to FRA on a B787. First thing I noticed was that the seat pitch was very narrow. Especially when the person in front leans their seat back. I feel very claustophobic. I will choose a B777 next time. I wanted to change my meal option from GFML to no special meal but the IOS app did not work. Even Android app and the website did not reflect the change I tried to make. I was looking for ways to contact Qatar Airways about the error on their app but I can't find any form or email to report the error. My second Gluten Free Meal was a hard piece of bread, vegetarian meals are not healthy because they contain carbohydrates.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER / 787-8
RouteSingapore to Frankfurt via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I cannot recommend Qatar Airways"

Trip Verified | Unfortunately, I cannot recommend Qatar Airways. Flight canceled (happens often, Economics reasons), very late notification. Then lounge in Doha got canceled without noticing me (even though it was open). And then with a 7 hour delay in Doha QA was unable to offer an alternative which I would have paid for. Because I'm not a Silver Member? Disgusting. No Qatar for business trips if you want to meet deadlines. Bad.
RouteBali to Berlin via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2022

"will certainly fly QA again"

Trip Verified | A direct flight to SIN would be easier, but we love Qatar Airways (QA). However, on both legs they let us down. On the 1st leg various dishes and beverages were not available. Service for a couple in the middle seats is bothersome. The staff does not manage to serve the both of us at the same time, despite our request. We have made a lot of flights with QA over the last years and this is most of the time an issue. Staff was not very attentive. On the 2nd leg it was much much better. However they conducted an aircraft change without assigning seats or give the opportunity to select seats. Staff and service was the expected level: attentive and nice. One notices clearly they are cutting costs and that influences the 5 star experience. The great staff compensates. The transfer was smooth: a wonderful lounge, a good shower. Also important: QA flies ‘on time’. That said: we will certainly fly QA again.
AircraftBoeing 787 / Boeing 777
RouteOslo to Singapore via Doha
Date FlownOctober 2022

"service minded as always!

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Aircraft unrefurbished. Tired and boring. Cabin crew excellent and service minded as always. But they forgot to load pj's for Business class.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDenpasar to Doha
Date FlownNovember 2022

"flight attendants were superb"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | This was my first time taking the midnight departure from Doha to the USA. Qatar Airways Qsuites are very good but the WI-FI is not good. Over seven flights I have taken since July the menu had been repeated which is shocking. The entertainment was very good and the pajamas commemorating the World Cup are quite unique I plan on saving them. The flight attendants were superb.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteDoha to Washington
Date FlownOctober 2022

"offered water twice outside of meals"

Trip Verified | Miami to Male via Doha. The flight to Male was nice and we received good service. However, on our return flight from Doha to Miami we paid a little extra to chose our seats and ended up sitting next to a man who was more than 2 meters tall in a group of three seats. My wife ended up moving to a row of 4 seats with only one other passenger. My wife hit the flight attendant call button twice and was never checked on. We were only offered water twice outside of meals despite constant video reminders to "Stay hydrated." We ended up loitering in the galley chugging fluids, mostly water. At Doha before entering the gate, there was an additional security checkpoint where we were forced to dump two liters of water and there were no fountains or water refill stations before boarding.
RouteMaldives to Miami via Doha
Date FlownNovember 2022

"can't say enough great things"

Trip Verified | Absolutely wonderful experience on all 3 flights with Qatar (Doha to Melbourne October 21 and Sydney-Doha-Montreal October 30/31) (4th was a code share with Air Canada. Amazing service pre-flight (both calls ahead of flight answered within 4 rings by a real person), on the ground and in the air. Seats were comfortable (enough so that on my return, and after 40+ years of regular flights to Asia and Africa I slept for the first time, and in each case for a long time). Had a window seat on the exit row each time, as pre-booked. Food was delicious - vegetarian or chicken choices were delicious, filling and fresh - unlike other airlines' meals, I did not feel heavy or greasy after the meal. I felt better rested and relaxed than I do when I fly to Australia from Toronto via the west coast (Vancouver, LA or Houston stops). Simply can't say enough great things about Qatar!
RouteToronto to Melbourne via Doha

"terrible customer service"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | We still had a voucher from our return flight during covid from Brussels to Colombo. We wanted to book a new flight but the voucher was valid until 2 days before we wanted to book a new flight. We've contacted Qatar and someone told us we would still be able to use this voucher but she had to check and we'd hear from Qatar within two days. We never heard from them again. We've called 10 times but nobody really helped us and everyone said something different. In the end we got an email address from the Qatar refund team but we've mailed already 3 times without a reply and one email was a fake one. We've always loved to fly with Qatar but this is terrible terrible customer service. And it seems we've now lost our 680 euros worth of flying.
RouteBrussels to Colombo via Doha