Qatar Airways

Customer rating from 1982 reviews

"delayed flight and missing baggage"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Very poor experience, delayed flight and missing baggage. I was told I’d be contacted but was not. I was given a number to call no one answered. Baggage is still missing for more than 72 hrs nobody has bothered to call and provide any form of reassurance.
RouteDoha to Durban
Date FlownJune 2022

"told to sit in different areas"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | My husband and I are flying back from Turkey tonight via Doha and Qatar Airways have seated us at totally different seats/sides of the aircraft. We checked in at Bodrum and had a connecting flight so we were issued with two tickets each. I did not check the seats when we got our tickets. The first short 4 hour flight was fine. We sat together and had a good flight. But once we boarded the long haul flight we were told to sit in different areas.
RouteBodrum to Johannesburg via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2022

"airport staff were rude, not helpful"

Trip Verified | My flight was delayed from Malaga airport traveling to Doha, they put me on a different connecting flight from Doha to IKA with over 8 hours of layover. When I arrived to Doha, the customer service didn’t offer me anything for this inconvenience. This is while the layover was from 12am until 8am, the worse time to stay awake specially with a shock of not knowing and being prepared. I have to mention that the flight and flight attendants were amazing but the airport staff were rude, not helpful and made me and so many other wait at the counter with no response for 40 min at a time while refusing to respond to our concern. I had requested a gluten free meal that I didn’t receive! I’m sorry that such a good aircraft has such a poor customer service.
RouteMalaga to Tehran via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"not allowed in the Business Lounge"

Trip Verified | Breakfast was not served until 10 am so asked for a cup of tea at about 9 am to be told, no because service starts in 10 mins. 1 hour later still waiting. However the worst part was the layover in Doha. We are Qantas Gold members and were not allowed in the Business Lounge, we got the runaround and were eventually directed to a below quality lounge with inadequate bathroom facilities.
RouteSydney to Vienna via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"quality of the seat is excellent"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Doha to London. This was my first experience of the Q-suite and sitting facing the back of the plane, the seat and amenities have been well reviewed by others my comments on this is that the quality of the seat is excellent the blanket is the good entertainment system is as good as others have found it and the in-flight service is up to their superb reputation. Regrettably the meal I chose did not match the presentation.
RouteDoha to London
Date FlownJune 2022

"service was supremely good"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | After a somewhat disappointing experience in the Bangkok airport miracle lounge which Qatar Airways is using as their own lounge is closed. the experience on the A380 was really good. The A380 seat is excellent, the plane is quiet, and the service and presentation of food is at least as good as most five star restaurants can give you. I was given pyjamas to use on the flight, they were comfortable. The A380 has a very impressive lounge with very few people using it at the time I went which meant that the air stewardess who was on duty could take time to chat. The service was supremely good, dining was à la carte, so you could order what you want when you want it, presentation of the food was very nice indeed, the actual quality of the food was the only thing that let them down.
RouteBangkok to Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"Can't fault the trip anything"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Flew CPH-DOH-SGN 22-23/6 on newer B787-800s. Award ticket. All flights on time, all luggage handled perfectly, labelled priority, and arrived quickly. Can't fault the trip anything and have to score it 10/10. Check-in in CPH quick and pleasant, done within Minutes, which gave me almost 4 hours in lounges as the many counters opens 4 hours prior to departure. I was given plenty of seat options as flights were full/about to be full. The Eventyr Lounge that they use is nice and improving, the view is gorgeous. Smooth boardings and deboardings, all on jet-bridges. I oppose the by far too early gate calls, 80 Minutes before departure in CPH, despite gate is only 3 Minutes away from lounge. Lounge in DOH has changed to the new Silver Lounge at B-gates. Its roomy and nice though 1-2 steps below the level of the Al Mourjan lounge – on the other hand it provides tarmac views as the only of its kind in Doha. Onboard, a breeze of service, FA attention, and recognition of status level. 3 hot meals offered from CPH, I tried 2 of them, they were quite good. Drinks rounds and offerings were plenty, incl sparkling wine on both flights. Last flight there were 2 hot breakfast option, I craved for a 3rd option and they managed to deliver it to perfection after only 20 Minutes additional waiting. Impressive on a full flight. Managed to sleep 3 hours on the last flight in an exit row seat with meters ahead of me for leg stretching. IFE was top notch with 150+ movies, the best I have had on any economy flight. Headsets provided, however, I used my own. Full ratings, and recommended, despite the airline is very conservative, but also predictable and reliable
RouteCopenhagen to Ho Chi Minh City via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"the layover time extended"

Trip Verified | I bought 2 return tickets on Kiwi.com from Brisbane to Warsaw via Doha. We were supposed to have 2.5h layover in Doha going from Australia to Poland and 1h on our way back. We were very happy that we found such connection. One month later, on 15th February we received a notification that our itinerary had changed, and the layover time extended by 18 hours and 20 minutes. Few days later, we received another e-mail informing us that our layover in Doha was extended to 20 hours 35 minutes. They did not offer a hotel room or anything, as a compensation they offered us a meal voucher.
RouteWarsaw to Brisbane via Doha
Date FlownMarch 2022

"kudos to the Qatar Airways team"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | I want to give kudos to the Qatar Airways team for their assistance on my flight from Brussels Airport. The train from ZYA to BRU was part of the travel itinerary, where the train arrived later than expected. Qatar Airways check-in desk re-opened again and allowed me to proceed with the process. The horrifying passport controls with a very long queue were the main challenge. The flight was supposed to depart at 4:35 pm, and I only managed to went through the immigration at 4:28 pm. Qatar Airways personnel was waiting for me, and my 250 meters dash began with assistance from the ground team in Brussels airport. I made it to the gate and aircraft at 4:33 pm and the flight departed on time. Kudos to the ground team in Brussel and the Customer Service assistance.
RouteBrussels to Kuala Lumpur via Doha
Date FlownJune 2022

"the cabin crew was excellent and very friendly"

(China)

Trip Verified | 2 flights, First flight No. CX9203 (Codeshare Cathay Pacific & Qatar Airways), from Hong Kong to Doha on an A350-900. It was very comfortable and very quiet, and the plane was modern and luxurious, the cabin crew was very good, but my food was not good. Second flight from Doha to Amman on a Boeing 787-8 . It was very comfortable, and the cabin crew was excellent and very friendly, and very helpful (amazing crew), again my food was not good.
AircraftA350-900 & Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner