Qatar Airways

"give you whatever seats they want"

Trip Verified | My wife and I purchased seats months in advance of our flights from Raleigh to Kilimanjaro and back. On the day of the flight we were told the seats didn't exist, and given other seats is basically the worst spots on the plane. Then when filing a complaint for a refund they deny it saying they can't refund because they gave us seat with "similar characteristics" as what we bought and the policy excludes refunds for that. We purchased seats together in the window aisle and were given seats in the middle aisle on every flight (3 out of 4) and one of which were not even together. I would not call this "similar characteristics" by any stretch of the imagination. This is a vague term they use to allow them to pre sell seats that don't exist, give you whatever seats they want, then claim you are not entitled to a refund due to similar characteristics. I have had similar situations but always been refunded promptly with any other airline.
RouteKilimanjaro to London via Doha
Date FlownJune 2024

"Terrific business class seating"

Trip Verified | Excellent service from the ground staff to flight attendants. Very professional, caring in-flight service. Terrific business class seating and wonderful food.
RouteBangkok to Doha

"did a wonderful job"

Trip Verified | Perfect flight with very attentive ground and in-flight staff. The aircraft was clean, the food and in-flight entertainment was terrific. The professional flight attendants did a wonderful job ensuring everything was perfect.
RouteFrankfurt to Doha
Date FlownJuly 2024

"I can't even say how grateful I am"

(Armenia)

Trip Verified | I never write reviews, but this time I must do it. I want to thank Qatar Airways, the whole crew. You are the best. I was flying from Beijing to Doha, then from Doha to Yerevan. During my 1st flight, I got horrible pain, because of my kidney stone. I don't know how could I deal with it without the crew. I know it might be just part of their job, but the way they treated me, the support I got from them, meant a lot to me. I can't even say how grateful I am. Thank you again and again. Qatar airways is the best for a reason. From now on I know which airline I'm gonna use without a doubt and gonna recommend everyone.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteBeijing to Yerevan via Doha
Date FlownJuly 2024

“Service was expectedly world class”

(Iceland)

Trip Verified | Doha (DOH) to Goa (GOX) in Business Class on 787-8. It was a short flight of just over 3 hours. Seating was Qatar's traditional Business Class (not Qsuite), very comfortable. Service onboard was expectedly world class. There is a reason Qatar is currently the world's best airline. If there is a criticism to be made it was that the WiFi on this flight was extremely slow and spotty.
RouteDoha to Goa
Date FlownJuly 2024

“a high level of comfort”

(Iceland)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen (CPH) to Doha (DOH) in Business Class on 787-9. The Business Class seating on this aircraft was not the Qsuite configuration. But Qatar's traditional B-Class seats are nothing to complain about. They provide a high level of comfort. Service on board was exceptional, true to Qatar's recognized standards. If there is one area where Qatar falls short it is in the food department. The Indian vegetarian preparation was oily and prepared without attention to detail.
RouteCopenhagen to Doha
Date FlownJuly 2024

"overall it was a good flight"

Not Verified | The check in process was smooth and simple, they had self check in too which I liked, within 45 minutes I was sitting at the gate waiting to board my 10.45pm flight to Doha. When I arrived on the aircraft I was very kindly greeted by the cabin crew, it was lovely and bright when I got into the aircraft. When I arrived at my seat there was a pillow, blanket, headphones, and amenity kit waiting for me, they also had an adjustable head rest and reading light. Very good variety of entertainment on there and I was very impressed with how attentive the touchscreen was. About 1 hour after take-off they served the meal, it was very good food, then for about 7 hours they let you rest and then another meal - for me it was dinner and breakfast given the time of the flight. Qatar Airways food is not too bad at all! It was a smooth take-off and landing, overall it was a good flight, better than I expected and can't wait to fly home from holiday with Qatar Airways.
RoutePerth to Paris via Doha
Date FlownJune 2024

"worst possible check in Singapore"

Not Verified | The worst possible check in Singapore. We were a family of three flying to Washington DC on 28th May in business class. The check in staff was uninterested, unhelpful almost to the point of being rude. She was taking almost 10 mins per passenger at check in. Onboard service was fantastic and second to none; the true Qatar service I had seen on a previous flight I had taken, but after this incident at Singapore airport, I would never fly Qatar Airways out of Singapore. It’s too stressful.
RouteSingapore to Washington via Doha
Date FlownMay 2024

"no snack before landing"

Trip Verified |   The journey started from a bus gate to a remote stand via a packed bus. The Boeing 787 was old and needs a new interior in Economy class. My seat was hard with little leg room. The food was not good and no snack before landing; The stewardess was friendly but very slow. I was disappointed.
RouteDoha to Bangkok

"extremely helpful"

Trip Verified | Ms Santra was extremely helpful in resolving the change in flight and timing. She worked on phone to work with me on a short notice and offered me the flights that were originally anticipated.
RouteBoston to Delhi via Doha