Qantas Airways

Qantas Airways customer review

December 2013 from LHR-DXB in business class on A380. After sitting on the aircraft for 5 hours the flight was announced cancelled and we all had to disembark. During the 5 hours onboard we were not served food even after asking for at least a sandwich. We were not allowed any hot drinks in case we were going to suddenly take off - which was very unlikely! We were asked to keep our seats upright also in case we were going to suddenly take off! We were then left with no information regarding our next flight details. After managing (with great effort and with absolutely no assistance from Qantas staff) to transfer onto Emirates 18 hours later than initially scheduled to depart. Arrived in DXB without baggage! After disembarking the plane 5 hours later without being served any food Qantas refused to even provide dinner. The worst service I have experienced from an airline.

Qantas Airways customer review

1st and last time with Qantas SYD-DXB-LHR A380 Business. Seat comfortable timings good food/service 3/10. Ran out of the chicken option and having returned inedible bath sponge covered in cheese I asked some toast and marmalade. Served 2 sliced barely warmed white bread and jam as they had run out of marmalade. No magazines or duty free mag and mattresses removed 1 hour before we landed at LHR. Cabin Steward rude and huffed if we queried anything. Code share with Emirates miles away from Emirates service.

Qantas Airways customer review

Sydney - Santiago. Haven't flown Qantas for years and was pleasantly surprised. Service was excellent food was great and the seats very comfortable. Made a 12 hour flight very enjoyable and arrived in Santiago refreshed and relaxed.

Qantas Airways customer review

My wife and I flew Brisbane - Hong Kong QF96. Having done some review reading we had mixed feelings about what to expect. Arriving in Hong Kong we agreed that it was a really good trip. The aircraft was a bit aged and due to be replaced in a few months. Not before time. This meant the screen were small and image quality uninspiring. They did have a solid collection of new movies TV shows and we had no problems finding something to suit. The main meal was hot and very tasty. The later meal of pizza was soggy and to honest mushroom while I love them are not for everyone. The service of the cabin staff was outstanding. They went out of their way to deliver quality service.

Qantas Airways customer review

Flew from Brisbane to Singapore Qf51 the revamp 747 to A380 spec is great. I am on a plane 4 times a week so I know what I'm talking about. I never thought I would say this but Qantas now has the best international service and business class. The Asian carriers still have good service are Singapore/Cathay but their food and options have dropped in quality. The overnight sleeper beds of Singapore are better on the 777 and A380 though. For many years most of the flights I took with Qantas the crew would serve lunch/dinner than disappear for the rest of the flight to the back.

Qantas Airways customer review

QF16 Los Angeles to Brisbane is one of the best flights into Australia. It departs from the American Airlines terminal in LAX (rather than Bradley) which means that connecting AA flights bring you conveniently to an adjacent gate. The plane has the upgraded business class seats and IFE which compare well with other carriers. The service and food are fine. I have used the flight several times and it has been on time. Australians tend to criticize Qantas but if you live in North America it is a relief to get on one of their planes. What I don't understand is why it is almost $2000 cheaper if I purchase the flights from a Canadian or US site than from an Australian site.

Qantas Airways customer review

Having flown Sydney - Dubai- Frankfurt - Dubai - Sydney with the first three flights through Emirates and the last one with Qantas it was only on the flight with Qantas that there was any real customer care. Emirates continually disappointed and told outright untruths.

Qantas Airways customer review

My wife and I recently booked a reward flight Brisbane/Perth in business and then Perth/Brisbane economy. I fly a lot well over 10 flights a year in business class and up until recently with Qantas hence I earned Platinum. On the flight back in economy from Perth to Brisbane I was told by the flight attendant "did I want the beef for my meal"? I asked if there was a choice and she said "no do you want the beef"? "Ok" I said "I'll have the beef then please" she said "I'll have to come back" but she didn't. When I asked another attendant some 10 minutes later about my "beef" she roared with laughter and went off to see where it was the original attendant arrived back 2-3 minutes later and apologized with the "beef". I forgot to mention the back section of the plane where we were seated was barely half full and I am positive the attendant served the people behind me meals. I have flown with Emirates and Singapore as a Gold member many times around the world in both business and economy class and they make the effort to know your name and ensure your travel is comfortable nobody forgets meals or "roars with laughter if they do. After that flight I flew to Manila with Singapore Airlines and the service was impeccable the food/seating was far better and the selection of entertainment was way more than Qantas. I think I will continue to fly with Singapore for now.

Qantas Airways customer review

CNS-SYD 12pm 23/3/2014. It has been a while since I have flown with Qantas but it did not disappoint. It was a full flight so since we were sitting near the back of the plane it took a while to get served. The food was great and the ice cream after lunch an added bonus. The new look cabins and uniforms were also nice and a great improvement. I am a short person so leg room doesn't bother me but it could be a bit restricting for a taller person. The only draw back was I couldn't get the complimentary ipad to work and neither could my travelling companion however having a decent movie to watch compensated for this. Only one side of my headphone worked but again there was nothing I could do about this so I couldn't see the need to cause a fuss with the cabin crew. Overall I was pleased and will consider paying that little bit more to fly with them again.

Qantas Airways customer review

QF35 Melbourne to Singapore. I have been travelling this leg with Qantas for over 15 years and normally travel business class as I did on this occasion. I can tell you that the seats have improved but that is about it. The amenities kit is a waste of money. I do use them normally but compared with the past Qantas could save money and not start to replicate the type of services that they use on jet star. I would also suggest they get back to basics with the menu and ditch Neil Perry. The inflight entertainment range is getting smaller and smaller and if you are a regular traveller like me it starts to become tedious. My loyalty to Qantas once rock solid is I'm afraid no longer. Emirates is now my first choice. I should add the staff on this flight were great but only as good as the tools they are given to use.