Qantas Airways

Qantas Airways customer review

Sydney - Los Angeles on QF 11 the Airbus A380 on a first-class Oneworld award I had booked way back in January for November travel. I'm picky but this is everything I wanted it to be. Highlights were probably the Sydney First Class lounge plus wonderful caring service onboard great food and a comfortable seat with large flatbed convertible sleeping accommodations. Also just loved the in-flight entertainment particularly the ability to view the tail-mounted "Sky Cam" throughout the entire flight. Performance was on-time too. So were there any nits at all? Well the boarding music was a little funky for my tastes and the flight attendant kept lapsing into calling me "Mr. Murphy" rather than "Mr. Murray" (until I finally corrected her) but heck so many airlines don't even try to use one's name anymore. Probably the best flight I've had.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Qantas Airways customer review

DXB to LHR on A380 Economy Class. I picked up an inexpensive Emirates flight to Hong Kong and one of my options for the DXB to LHR leg was to fly on a code share flight operated by Qantas. I have never flown on the A380 nor have I experienced Qantas before I decided to take this option rather than stick with Emirates for the whole return journey. Sadly I have to say that this was a mistake. Emirates outshines Qantas in just about every respect. The first problem was not of Qantas's making insofar as we were delayed by over 2 hours in Dubai because of the late arrival of flight QF1 from Sydney. Obviously this is beyond the control of the airline. Embarkation was pretty chaotic. There was no call for families with younger children to board first resulting in kids blocking the gangways and frustrated parents attempting to get them into their seats before other passengers came along. Seats in economy are a little wider but they also seem to be lower so I was constantly scraping my shines when trying to extend my legs under the seat in front. There really does not seem to be much room from the seated position to the back of the seat in front of you especially if the person in front decides to recline their seat so watching a movie is not very comfortable. The entertainment on offer is nowhere near that offered by Emirates and as for the food – the best way to describe it was inedible. For supper the offering was a chicken filled wrap and tea or coffee. I know that airline food in economy is hardly considered gourmet class but this offering was disgusting. In comparison the Emirates flight from HKG to DXB offered a fish dish on Thai noodles or a beef bourguignon together with dessert and cheese and a granary bread roll a lot better than a floury disgusting wrap. The inflight entertainment on Qantas can best be described as adequate. Emirates entertainment is far superior. Finally a word or two about the cabin crew. On Emirates the crew members seem to want to help you. On the flight I have just taken it seemed like an Imposition to ask for anything. The crew were all in the galley area and I wandered down to see if I could get a cup of coffee. The looks I got from one stewardess in particular seemed to scream that I was being a pain. I am sorry to be so scathing about Qantas. I was looking forward to the experience of flying with them. Sad to say the expectation greatly exceeded the reality and Emirates will get my custom for all the legs on my next trip to the Far East or beyond.

Qantas Airways customer review

MEL-SYD on 767-338ER using FF points to upgrade. Business lounge and Qantas Club lounge were excellent. Flight on time and service was exceptional. Staff were professional down-to-earth and genuinely helpful to some elderly passengers who required assistance. Two meal choices were available and drinks were plentiful. (There was no problem in staff knowing the difference between drinks in the event that anyone required two varieties of sparkling water to be available on a domestic flight). Seats were very comfortable perhaps a little more so than usual as the aircraft was one of the few in international configuration.

Qantas Airways customer review

BNE-MEL-LHR return. Couldn't be much happier. Reserved seat booking was honoured. Had a short connection in Melbourne so was granted an earlier internal flight to have more time to clear customs. Hard working yet happy flight attendants on all legs even constantly coming through the cabin at early hours of the morning to look after the non-sleeping passengers. Only one out of the four international sectors were full but service wasn't diminished. 4 out of 6 flights on time the other two were early. After this experience I'm not so sure why many Australians think our flagship airline is so poor internationally. I've flown with other Asian carriers to Asia and across the Tasman and in my experience Qantas is right up there.

Qantas Airways customer review

MEL-PER A330. I fly with QF frequently but this has got to be the best trip I have taken. Crew were friendly and fantastic. Food was best plane food I have had. Entertainment has got to be the best I have seen on board an aircraft. Never bored. Seats felt new even though the plane was 6 years old. They where extremely comfortable. Air show system is still my favourite. Only compliant is the QF club in MEL does not have enough seat. On time performance was like clockwork.

Qantas Airways customer review

The crew were very proud of their brand new aircraft fresh from Seattle - as per the Captain's announcement! A lovely flight to be on with friendly attentive and efficient crew. Great snacks and on time departure! Will definitely choose Qantas on my future flights to Adelaide.

Qantas Airways customer review

On-time departure attentive efficient service. Tasty in-flight meal and great entertainment. The aircraft and the crew were well-appointed.. Definitely will travel Qantas for business or leisure in the future.

Qantas Airways customer review

Flew QF7 SYD to Dallas 16th November 2013 in premium economy. Friendly flight crew as we boarded via priority boarding in Sydney. Sparkling wine OJ water offered by friendly flight attendant. This is a long flight of almost 15 hours that went much quicker than one would expect. Possibly due to plenty of food and great wine. Premium economy is very similar to domestic business class. The fact Qantas offer snacks including toasted sandwiches at any time during flight really equals business minus not economy plus. Seat comfortable and highly rate row 36 bulk head seats with plenty of room. Overall a great flight with okay service.

Qantas Airways customer review

ADL to SYD Economy have not flown Qantas for a long time and will try not to fly them again. Flight jam packed and the seats so narrow locked into the window seat the seat could not recline and really was the most unpleasant experience. Cheap ticket. Flight crew: hardly saw them and maybe they could train staff in the difference between sparkling mineral water and soda water.

Qantas Airways customer review

Gorgeous old 767-300ER for the short hop and back from MEL-SYD-MEL. Boarding was smooth the crew welcomed us by name and the flight was on time. Departure from gate was great flight was smooth and snack was served on the mid-morning flight. Much the same on the way back but tasty dinner was also provided with James Squire beer - huge plus. 2-3-3 layout is fantastic and the iPads are great. 9/10 bar for the cost of the ticket although it is almost worth it if you can.