Qantas Airways

"Very good service"

Not Verified | Very good service. Attendants / cabin crew were qualified and provided excellent service. They were very responsive, polite, courteous and smiling.
RouteBrisbane to Delhi via Adelaide
Date FlownMay 2022

"extra points for gluten free meal and snacks"

Trip Verified | Great service with extra points for their gluten free meal and snacks. The very generous selection of wines and spirits in economy was also stellar. Great crew and excellent IFE.
RouteAuckland to Singapore via Melbourne

"Not value for money"

Not Verified | Would not fly Qantas again. Terrible check-in process both online and at the airport where they replaced service people with terminals. The plane was old and dirty. Missed my meeting because baggage was not unloaded and had to spend 45 mins waiting for my bags to be unloaded. Not value for money.
RouteSydeny to Melbourne
Date FlownMay 2022

"Paying a premium fee for a substandard service"

Not Verified | Qantas have to be the worst airline I have ever flown with. Paying a premium fee for a substandard service. Our flights were booked 7 months in advance and cancelled two weeks prior to departure via email. No options given just a notification of the flight we have been moved to 48 hours later. 4 hours on hold to speak with the most useless customer service team to attempt rebook another flight. Qantas could not accommodate with affiliate airlines that they have advertised and sold on their website as we needed to arrive on the same day we had to have an extra 6 hours in transit. We paid an additional fee to have a bassinet seat and was told that they this would not be available on our rebooked flight.
RouteMelbourne to London Heathrow
Date FlownMay 2022

"legendary steak sandwich was a let down"

Trip Verified | Following from a previous review where numerous pre-flight challenges started taking their toll prior to my PER-MEL-SYD-LAX trip, I made it onto QF17 from SYD-LAX. I upgraded to First class using the bid for upgrade option but it never showed up in my booking, however Fiona at the Qantas Melbourne customer service desk managed to get me a seat. Thanks to the lovely ladies at the Perth Business lounge who worked to try and sort it out. Prior to the flight there were no Security Fast Lane passes provided (I asked) and First customers are crammed into over-crowded buses to transfer to the international terminal. On board the reality is that you get acres of space but the catering and service is indistinguishable from Qantas Business. The legendary steak sandwich was a let down (so disappointing), I can honestly make a better sandwich at home. The champagne was excellent, as was the coffee. Toilets were clean but there were no amenities provided (just empty drawers). There is no in flight wifi. Post flight Qantas frequent flyer status credits have been incorrectly applied. I booked the trip during the “Thanks a Million” promotion but only standard points have been applied instead of double points. Needless to say this will require multiple calls, email, in person queries etc. The pre and post fight friction consumes hours of time. For the more pedantic, the inflight entertainment starts with a mandatory 30sec advertisement for a Qantas Health Insurance promotion that ended on 31st March. Watching this every time you change shows becomes tired very quickly. If the promotion ended in March why we watching it in May?
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSydney to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2022

"there must be total chaos behind the scenes"

Trip Verified | My challenges with Qantas started even before I boarded the first aircraft on my PER-MEL-SYD-LAX trip. Qantas has cancelled and changed numerous legs of the flight in the last two days, forced me to leave a day early and rerouted me via SYD. It has also resulted in considerable anxiety with the US covid testing requirements requiring a covid test the day before travel and my flights running very close to the margin. In addition to the stress of all the changes I successfully bid to upgrade from Business to First for the SYD-LAX leg. However due to the numerous changed and cancellations by the airline I am now in the situation that I have paid for the upgrade, I have an email confirming the upgrade and the upgrade is showing on my online booking but staff cannot issue a boarding pass fir the upgrade. The most consistent message from Qantas Staff at the airport and on the phone is that staff at the next airport or next help desk will definitely be able to help. But they cant. I love this airline and I intentionally requested Qantas flights for this trip, but there must be total chaos behind the scenes to result in this kind of customer experience.
RoutePerth to Los Angeles via Melbourne and Sydney
Date FlownMay 2022

"So much for priority service"

Trip Verified | After Booking with fight center my direct flight from Perth to Melbourne departure from 6.05am on the 27th March 2022. And upgrading to Business class I was looking forward to catching up with family in Melbourne. At 3am that morning I received a message from Qantas that my flight was canceled and had to contact my agent. At 3 in the morning? When checking my booking on the Qantas app I found that Qantas had rescheduled My fight with no explanation, to a flight departing a 10.40 am via Adelaide with an hour and a half waiting time in Adelaide. I am 71 of years and it ended up a very long an tiresome day and due to my arrival time in Melbourne my family was not able to collect me at that time. So I needed to take a bus from the airport. After arrival into Melbourne I went to collect my bag which was lost and I ended to have to visit their luggage dept to recover my bag which was promised to be delivered to my place of residence. Now 2 day later no bag. So much for priority service. I felt a little better at the baggage depth to discover a gentleman from the same flight who was going through the same issues as me changing flights and lost luggage. This not a foreign airline and the treatment I received is totally un Australian and that has made me very sad. I am a regular flyer with many miles under my belt, I have flown 2 and a half times around the world. Due to corona I had to restrict my travel and never before have I had an experience like this before.
RoutePerth to Adelaide via Melbourne
Date FlownMarch 2022

"My only criticism was the meal"

Trip Verified | Check in was easy. The plane left on time. The staff were friendly and helpful. My only criticism was the "meal". Just water and cheese and biscuits. Very paltry for such a full service airline, even if it's a short flight.
RouteCanberra to Melbourne
Date FlownApril 2022

"flight attendants were very friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | There was a flight delay and the departure date had to be changed. Check in was quite easy and quick, especially for such a busy period. The flight attendants were very friendly and helpful. The meal was quite paltry, just a small packet of biscuits. Overall a reasonable flight.
RouteMelbourne to Sunshine Coast
Date FlownApril 2022

"I will never fly with Qantas again!"

Trip Verified | I will never fly with Qantas again! We were travelling from Melbourne to Phoenix return and they canceled our return flight a day before the return. No reason given, probably just being cheapskates and not wanting to fly a plane that might not be be full to overloaded! Moved us to a LAX to Sydney to Melbourne. instead of direct with a long lay over. As the replacement flight wasn't convenient for our other commitments we moved to a Dallas to Sydney to Melbourne flight a day later. Q tech botched our APIS info so we couldn't use the digital passport platform, had to stand in the mile long snake queue and missed our connecting flight, that they chose the timing of! Was supposed to be on the 8am connecting flight and was moved/ rebooked on a 4pm flight, how many flights does Qantas have from Sydney to Melbourne every day? If you want or need to change anything on your trip and need to get someone on the phone, good luck with that, I waited a total of 16 to 17 hours on hold in stints up to 4.5 hours long and didn't get to talk to a single human. These guys have $1.4 Billion in flight credits issued to hapless, taken for granted customers that had no other choice than to fold their cards and give in. Why bother asking you for your breakfast order, if you don't have what's on the list, I have no idea what the poor people behind me got or didn't get. I will give them credit for one thing, they smashed my wife's suitcase on the way from Australia, but they did give her a new one that she could could transfer her smalls etc. into, In the baggage area!
RouteDallas to Melbourne via Sydney