Qantas Airways

"refused to refund a downgrade"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Hong Kong. Qantas refused to refund a downgrade. Due to an aircraft change, Qantas downgraded me from the paid booking class in Premium Economy to Economy. The airline’s customer services have been completely unwilling to rectify the issue, taking on average 2-3 weeks to respond to each round of emailing. I have at two junctures spent lengthy periods on the phone to their call centres, but am ultimately told I need to email them. They consider the matter case closed. In any other circumstances this would be considered fraud or theft. You pay for a superior product, you are delivered an inferior product.
RouteBrisbane to Hong Kong
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Will not fly Qantas again"

Trip Verified | I flew with Qantas in October from Brisbane to Singapore and it was the worst experience. They served me dry fruits on board and I broke my tooth. I reported it to the cabin crew straight away. It seemed like they did a report on their tablet and advised me that I will get an email from the Qantas customer care and they will pay to fix it. No emails from Qantas were received. A couple of days later I emailed them myself and got a reply back 2 weeks later, stating that I need to wait another 14 business days for a response. A month later I gave up on waiting, emailed them again, no response. I called them, queue was too long and they were meant to call me back in 2.5 hours. I waited 6.5 hours for a call back. Got through but guy from Qantas call centre couldn't help me and transfered to another department where I waited for an 1.5 with no response. Called the next day and after 4.5 hours in queue was unlucky enough to speak with a very rude customer service Representative who advised me that I could have broken my tooth by eating anything else at whatever point. Will not fly Qantas again and will not recommend it either.
RouteBrisbane to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2019

"each trip is always disappointing"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Singapore. My family of 5 booked the tickets several months ago. Our booked return trip was Sydney direct to Singapore on QF1 5pm arrive SIN at 2205hrs. The night before departure while we try to check in, it shown that the flight was cancelled and we were assigned to another flight which required to transit via Bali to Singapore. To my surprise when at the airport, QF1 was still flying directly to Singapore as per planned schedule but my entire family was pushed out of QF1 to put onto another flight with transit at Bali. We were suppose to reach Singapore at 2205hrs but in the end we reached around 0100. There was not a single message or email to inform on the changes, We paid for a direct flight to save time and in the end were provided with another transit flight with another airways (KLM -Flight delayed as well). Spoken to Qantas at check in but reply that there’s nothing they can do. If the flight was actually cancelled, We understand and accept situations does occurs however in this case it was actually flying as planned yet put us to another flight that caused me many problems with my personal schedule due to the transit delay of more than 3 hrs. Believe Qantas did it purposely for profit by over booking and transfer some passengers to any other flights. There will about 12-15 other passengers together with this same situation and all were taken by surprise and so infuriated by Qantas greed and ethic. I had flew Qantas 5 times and each trip with them is always disappointing. Will not fly with Qantas unless given no other choice.
RouteSydney to Singapore
Date FlownNovember 2019

"time in transit doubled in Sydney"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Hong Kong. Flight canceled, no mail, no explication, Route change, destination change, plane (first we have to go in Singapore in an A380, finally you had to go to Hong Kong in an A330) change, time in transit doubled in Sydney, then we do to take eta (charge 84 euros!). Worst meal, no tray, only a main, no starter, worst dessert. Only one drink in all flight duration (9 hours!) food poor quality. Crew with no smile or warmth, we paid to choose seat and that be lost in the new itinerary.
RouteSydney to Hong Kong
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Service has become appalling"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Perth. Service has become appalling and they run late. You never arrive on time with Qantas and always arrive irritated at the terrible service. Come on Qantas, lift your game
RouteMelbourne to Perth

"Do not fly Qantas"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Sydney. Do not fly Qantas. They are a scam promising to reserve preferred seating. I paid a lot of money 11 months ahead of time for preferred seating and day of flight they assigned me to worst seats on plane. Said sorry it happens, and refunded me the difference. No amicable agreed solution. Complaints don’t get back to you. Do not fly Qantas, they lie.
RouteLos Angeles to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the worst air travel ever"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Auckland in April 2019. This was the worst air travel ever. On approaching the gate for ticket scanning I was yelled at that you are only allowed one bag. As we all know you can have a cabin size bag and a small hand bag as I did. The small bag was a pilot bag. After a heated chat the angry man started to cancel my flight. The plane was ready to depart. It was not possible for my bag to go down below as the ground crew had closed the doors. I gave the man my $400 bag that was returned damaged. I was told that the cabin was full and this is why I have to give him my bag. When I finally got into the cabin I checked the locker above my seat which was empty. I waited an hour at the baggage claim without anyone able to find my bags. I spend my whole trip without my luggage only for it to arrive the day before I left.
RouteBrisbane to Auckland
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Very disappointing"

Not Verified | Sydney to Perth. Rude staff with very little to zero assistance at check-in. They seem to wish for travellers to miss their flights, not much concern about assisting you if you’re not sure what’s happening or ask for assistance. Very disappointing!
RouteSydney to Perth
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the food has become so poor"

Not Verified | Hong Kong to Melbourne. This has been my fourth medium haul flight with Qantas in the last few weeks. I’ve been a loyal QFF for many years, but have watched as cost cutting and low investment in cabin product have ruined a once outstanding airline. Apart from having to wait for three hour minimum wait times to the call centre (7 hours to reply to questions about onward travel on the app/sms/bot), the food has become so poor that I now dread flying with them. Of particular note is the shocking breakfast options in Business. I know this sounds entitled, but if I’m paying for business class then I expect something more than a burnt, squashed croissant and three drips of yoghurt after a 9 hour flight, the chef that puts his name to this rubbish should be ashamed.
RouteHong Kong to Melbourne

"so inconsistent"

(Barbados)

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Sydney. I almost exclusively fly with Qantas, but they are so inconsistent with their product in economy. On my flight from SYD-JNB, which is a daylight flight the whole way, we were given complimentary comfort pack of eye-shades, earplugs and toothpaste/toothbrush. On the return flight from JNB-SYD, which is an overnight flight, no complimentary pack was handed out. It would seem more necessary to get the comfort pack on the overnight flight. However, I shouldn't complain because it has been about 8 years since I received a complimentary comfort pack in economy on any of their flights. 1st world problem, I know, but consistency is what drives customer loyalty.
RouteJohannesburg to Sydney