Qantas Airways

"friendly and cordial service"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Auckland via Brisbane. Got window seats on both the flights, which were on the same plane. Glad to have the seat next to me free, so nothing against legroom. Cabin crew had friendly and cordial service, with smiles present. Had a sizeable supper on the first flight even though I was informed there'd be breakfast, was pleasantly surprised. Beef paired with Bloody Mary was well eaten. Breakfast was muffin and fruit with coffee. Decent to good. Second flight had another breakfast, frittata with bacon and sausage and coffee, was good. Again, with an empty seat and cheerful cabin crew who helped me with my arrival cards as well. IFE was a bit lacking but decent selections. Pleasant journey with Qantas.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSingapore to Auckland via Brisbane
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Worst airline I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | Brisbane to Mackay. Worst airline I have ever flown with. Delayed then delayed and delayed again on our first flight with no reason given. Then on our flight home we were delayed again. Staff are extremely rude and can’t even smile or try to help in any way. Tiger Airways is a much better airline. Qantas is a massive waste of money. Will never fly with them again.
RouteBrisbane to Mackay
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"choose again - probably not"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Sydney. Was looking forward to trying out Qantas International again after 15+ years of choosing other airlines due to poor quality and service on my last flight. This time it was a mixed experience. The A380 is a fantastic aircraft and I've been on the Singapore Airlines, Qatar, Malaysian and Emirates versions previously. Unfortunately the Qantas version had seen better times. This plane was old and although the seating was new, you could tell the rest of it had taken a beating including the carpets, toilets and galley. The flight attendants on this plane (although very polite) verged on the wrong side of professional vs casual friendliness and as we were seated next to the galley, we overheard way too much much casual gossip and cattyness which I felt was not doing the airline reputation much good. Our attendant even commented that he was 'exhausted' before the flight even took off. What was good : the food was pretty decent for economy, as were the free flowing tim-tams and bundaberg ginger beer available from the fridges at the back of the plane - well done, a nice touch and keep it up. Would I choose Qantas again? Probably not. The competition (particularly Singapore Airlines) has a better, more professional product. More needs to be done to bring Qantas up to this level. I'd start with updating the plane and staff conduct.
RouteLos Angeles to Sydney

"excellent domestic product"

Trip Verified | Perth to Adelaide, a fantastic experience. I was traveling with an elderly passenger and initially we were not seated together. I asked a ground staff member if they could change the seating arrangements. It was not a problem and the staff member at Perth airport rearranged the seating, and did this with a smile. The aircraft was comfortable and clean, cabin crew friendly and service without a flaw. We had a choice of three meals, plus cheese and crackers, and beverages included soft drinks and alcholoic drinks. Fifteen minutes or so after lunch was served the cabin crew came around offering tea and coffee. I recommend Qantas and they offer an excellent domestic product.
RoutePerth to Adelaide

"really good experience"

Trip Verified | Sydney to London via Singapore. A really good experience. Qantas lounge and boarding not the best but upstairs on the A380 is a comfortable calm experience. Lovely cabin crew on first leg (I slept much of the second so didn’t notice so much), a really good Neil Perry dinner, one of the best dishes of Barramundi I’ve eaten. A treat to be made an Espresso afterwards. Though the window seat requires crossing the next seat to get to the aisle it is a very comfortable seat to relax and sleep and the massage function is a bonus. Slept much of the second flight using provided pyjamas. Woke to an excellent. freshly cooked scrambled egg and smoked salmon breakfast. Flight on time and luggage on belt quickly.
RouteSydney to London via Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"very friendly and helpful"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne with Qantas. I enjoyed the flight. Check in was very easy. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The meal served was very tasty and it was nice to have a glass of beer. My only complaint was the IFE. It is such a shame that we no longer have access to music on domestic flights. It makes a flight so much more enjoyable. There is no time on a 60-90 minute flight to watch a movie or even a TV show.
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"this was my worst experience"

Trip Verified | I have been traveling for the last 12 years but this was my worst experience. As I am leaving Australia for good, the 30 kg allowance on baggage was not enough. I knew this would be a problem so I called Qantas customer service 4 times and was told repeatedly that I cannot pre-book extra baggage and the staff at the airport would help me out. This was not true as the man serving me was one of the rudest Australians I have come across. He had no manners and absolutely no courtesy. He also didn't know his job. I was more of a burden for him and he had no intentions of helping me out and didn't know what I would have to pay extra. After 15 mintues of me trying to explain my situation to him and it falling on deaf and dumb ears I had no option but to reduce my baggage. I was a willing customer okay to pay for extra baggage but because of the mans arrogance and not wanting to do his job I had to leave behind the gifts I got for my family. I will never recommend anyone to travel with Qantas. Terrible airline and horrible staff.
RouteLaunceston to Mumbai via Melbourne and Singapore
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"This time it was very bad"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Cairns. What a bad experience. Sometime it is ok. Sometimes its bad. This time it was very bad. 8cm sandwich for a 3h30 flight with a single candy as dessert. It would be better to say we are a low cost company, bring your own food! Staff impolite and border line, chief purser should have retired 15 years ago.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteMelbourne to Cairns

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Perth. Terrible customer service. All the cabin crew wanted to do is go to their elegant rest area whilst we all were squashed in the most uncomfortable seat. For both dinner and breakfast I did not get my preferred meal.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Perth

"outstanding service"

Trip Verified | Adelaide to Perth a real pleasure to fly with Qantas. Friendly cabin crew, clean aircraft, good inflight entertainment and outstanding service. This is an Australian domestic flight and Australians when flying domestic. Lunch included two choices of hot meal, alcoholic beverages or soft drinks and tea or coffee. Having cut my finger during the flight, a flight attendant was most helpful, providing first aid. After the cabin manager came to personally see me to check everything was ok. The crew could not do enough to assist with this matter. Qantas is a fantastic airline.
RouteAdelaide to Perth