Qantas Airways

"Worst flight ever"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Melbourne. Worst flight ever. Ovens apparently not working so no meals were provided. Lights in bathrooms not working. My husband asked for water, the crew member gave him the whole “you should have a bottle in your seat”. He had to explain that he hadn’t, which i think even if he did, why not just give him another one?! When I asked when are the lights gonna be switched off since it was a night flight, the crew member answered ironically how they couldn’t serve in the dark but yet the switched part of the lights off. My eyes were hurting at this point. On our way to Bali in July, they gave us food but by the time they reached me, there was no chicken left. I told the lady that I’m allergic to fish but she didn’t even give me an extra bread or anything. Wasted my money on what I thought was a better airline than Jetstar etc, but just going to choose jetstar from now on
RouteDenpasar to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2019

"flight itself was uneventful"

Trip Verified | This is a regular run for me on Qantas from Sydney to Dallas so as a known quantity it really is very familiar. I was in the economy cabin and sat just in front of the galley so it was a bit busy but nothing too disruptive. Could recline my seat without having anybody behind complaining. Being a Platinum frequent flyer has its perks with a personal meet and greet, Jack and Coke to start of the journey and the CSM dropped off some noise cancelling headphones. Food was untouched as I had loaded up in the lounge. The flight itself was uneventful and had a spare seat next to me so could spread out a little. The IFE was not used much save to check the flight map. Have discovered the joys of Netflix. Many folk complain about Qantas and its service but honestly I'm not sure what they anticipate. If you are in a premium cabin then the level of service is different. In Y, the FA's have a lot of people to feed and look after so personal touches may not be there all the time. All in all a satisfying flight as always with on time arrival.
RouteSydney to Dallas

"Highly recommended"

Trip Verified | QF2 from London to Sydney. The first leg was an upgrade to premium and then economy from Singapore. Unfortunately had dined like a king at the London lounge and so with the gate upgrade did not enjoy the delights of premium. It is a superb place to be and the difference is palpable. It is business lite as opposed to economy enhanced. Had seat 24K which is an exit row plus also has the luggage bin next to it so a great place to store your stuff and as additional resting place. F & B were great (had the beverage part not the food) and attentive service. Highly recommended. The run from Singapore was in the main cabin and a world of difference as you would expect. Courteous but the FA's were keen to have the PAX fed and off to sleep. It was a quick run, 6.25 mins so around 3-4 hours maximum between meal services.
RouteLondon to Sydney via Singapore

"the crew were great"

Trip Verified | A swift trip on QF7/8 to Dallas. The actual flying part was fine an regulation. As always a great experience in Premium. The F7 B were great as was the service. Now the problems. This particular craft was involved in a delay in LAX a few days before. Clearly had some gremlins. The 12.30 pm departure became 1.30pm and then 9 pm. It final got away at 10.55 pm just before the Sydney curfew. Qantas were on the phone to the government seeking a waiver but refused. Fortunately everyone was loaded up swiftly and underway. A 2pm arrival became a 10.45 pm in Dallas so that blew up my afternoon there. Now the knock on effect of this was a delayed departure two days later. It was the same crew coming back and regulations required a 52 hours gap. So a 10.30 pm departure became 2.25 am. Despite all of this the crew were great. Big shout out to them.
RouteSydney to Dallas
Date FlownAugust 2019

"bad experience I had with them"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | I had connecting flight from Jakarta to Sydney and onto Auckland. Flight was delayed from Jakarta without delay I suppose to have more than 1 and half hours to my next flight which is from Sydney to Auckland. Delay is understandable, but the way they handle connecting flight that are delayed in unprofessional. Soon as I arrived in Sydney I immediately ran to my gate flight is 7.10am i arrived at the gate 7.10 i still saw luggage being loaded to the plane but no one at the gate, so i looked around for transfer desk, found one, i explain them what happened and the lady show no empathy at all jut like robot, print my new boarding pass and luggage tag and that’s it. No sympathy for the situation what so ever. This not the only bad experience I had with them, not to mention bad service, food is horrible too.
RouteJakarta to Auckland via Sydney

"another satisfying flight"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Melbourne. Similar experience to my flight up to the Gold Coast from Melbourne. Friendly, professional staff who enjoyed what they were doing. Check in quick. Departed and arrived on-time. Baggage on carousel as I arrived in the baggage collection area. No personal video screen this time which did not bother me. A light lunch of a good quality pie. Price was not much more than the low cost carriers. Overall, another satisfying flight.
AircraftBoeing 737 800
RouteGold Coast to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2019

"still awaiting for their respond"

Trip Verified | We had our vacation in South America flew from East via Sydney with our first stop in Chile. Travelling time was much shorter compared flying via West. With airlines competitive promotional fares and the convenience of e-booking, we booked our flights with SQ and QF respectively. We know of the fact that we do not require entry visa to AUD meeting transiting requirements. SQ checked our baggage through to SCL on our outgoing flight. However, it was a nightmare on our return journey. We arrived at SCL airport 3 hours ahead prior to flight departure. It was a long queue when we arrived at about 10am. We were attended for check in about 45 minutes before departure. To our astonishment, QF refused to check us due to separate flight booking. Only then we learnt QF does not have baggage agreement with SQ hence they were incapable to check us. The solution was to have ETA to enter SYD, check out from the immigration and re-check in. As time was of the essence we requested the staff to apply ETA at a fee. However, the staff concerned deserted her counter and returned after about 15 minutes later. Worst of all the supervisor was all along sitting on the next counter knew of our predicament. The supervisor in question did not take her initiative to attend to us or exchange roles with her peer to resolve the situation. I felt that she knew time was running out, she tested our ignorance by telling us ETA will take 2 working days to process. Only on our insistence that it is 24/7 she processed upon our request. Nevertheless ETA received but QF flown without us. Neither did she render any assistance in getting us another flight home. We had to pay for any exorbitant fare on another routing home. We lodged our compliant to QF requesting for compensation and still awaiting for their respond. We queried SQ and they replied that our baggage were checked through to SCL based on their baggage policy for interline passengers. I fail to understand SQ is able to go the extra miles and yet QF is unable to do so. With the competitive air fare and people travel extensively, shouldn't all international carriers collaborate to serve interline travelers.
RouteSantiago to Sydney
Date FlownApril 2019

"I will not fly with them again"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Hawaii via Sydney. I could not rate this service low enough. After more than 3 hours delay at Melbourne we flew to Sydney and were rushed to a waiting bus and then to a waiting plane. Missed claiming tax refund due to lack of time. When we got to Hawaii we discovered our luggage had been left in the rain in Melbourne (where it poured all morning during they delay) as all of our clothes were drenched. Rang customer service and after waiting more than 2 hours left a complaint and were told someone would call me to discuss within 2 days. That was a week ago and no contact made with me. They don’t care about their customers. The flying kangaroo has become s national disgrace. Although I’m a member I will not fly with them again.
RouteMelbourne to Hawaii via Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2019

"the food was the worst"

Not Verified | Sydney to Perth. I think Qantas have lost the plot - the food was the worst I have ever tasted. I was on row 50 going out, they ran out of one of the three options available which I would have chosen,so I went for the salmon salad thinking they cannot ruin that - it was absolutely shocking. The plane was quite late leaving, electrical fault and on the return trip there was no TV on the back of the seat hostess said it was an old plane which they usually don't use on this route. If this was all Jetstar then I would accept it for the cheaper price thinking you get what you pay for, but for the money that Qantas charge very unimpressed.
RouteSydney to Perth
Date FlownJuly 2019

"service was just disinterested"

Not Verified | Singapore to Melbourne. Consistent with my recent experiences flying Qantas, the service, even in business is extremely sub par. After being shown to my seat, I was left out of the initial drinks run. I also did not get a menu (others had this ready in their seat). They forgot my pajamas and I had to ask for this. The quality of the food has also deteriorated in the last 3 years. In addition, the quantity has dropped significantly - I am sure Qantas will tell you this is in the name of wellness in the air, but I suspect this has more to do with cost cutting. Food service was perfunctory at best. General service was just disinterested and sometimes bordering on disdainful. I was returning to my seat from the toilet and instead of swivelling to give way to the passenger, the cabin crew just walked straight right at and into me without apologising! They have so much to learn from the asian and middle eastern carriers, and so much to catch up on in terms of levels of service, I cannot imagine Qantas has the audacity to charge as much as they do for their flights. I would fly Qatar (oneworld) or Singapore Airlines (Star Alliance) any day above Qantas. I have been a loyal QFF, but am now voting with my feet.
RouteSingapore to Melbourne