Qantas Airways

"look after your customers"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Sydney. Overbooked flight by 50 passengers and said they had to cut numbers due to bad weather. Then tried to blame Expedia booking but took one passenger on the same booking and left another stranded. Keep passengers 5 hours after departure before offering a hotel. Then had no way of honoring tickets paid for months ago, so started offering refunds that were not available 8 hours earlier. Never again. Start to look after your customers, this one won’t be back!
RouteLos Angeles to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Worst flight of my life"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Auckland via Sydney. Worst flight of my life. The staff are so rude and not interested in doing their job. Our flights were all Very delayed with no further information. And the boards displayed were incorrect to what was being announced. I've never had a pleasant experience with them and I travel a lot. Personally the only reason I do travel with them is because it's the fastest way to South Africa. If it wasn't for that I would never recommend them to anyone ever.
RouteJohannesburg to Auckland via Sydney

"a very pleasant trip"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Sydney. I had a very pleasant trip. The departure was mid morning. There was a delay with the departure that was not the fault of QANTAS. The IFE system was fine, although I miss the access to music. Staff were very pleasant and a small but pleasant snack was served with juice and coffee.
RouteMelbourne to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Staff were very friendly"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Melbourne. I had a pleasant evening flight. Staff were very friendly and they served a pleasant meal. ( Bangers and Mash!). The IFE had no private screens, but that didn't matter for such a short flight. Also appreciated the coffee and juice!
RouteSydney to Melbourne
Date FlownDecember 2019

"he was not assisted"

Not Verified | Auckland to Perth via Melbourne. I booked return flights for my dad. As he is 80 years old and never flown via transit I requested wheelchair assistance. It was heartbreaking to hear he was not assisted for his flights over. In Auckland he had to walk and Melbourne he was only taken halfway and told to walk the rest of the way? Not knowing where to go and almost missing his flight. My father was very stressed and upset. For his return back to NZ I made sure to enquire that he would be assisted throughout his trip. And I would like to thank Olivia from Perth QF check in who was amazing and ensured my dad would be looked after and thank you also to Lee for taking him to his flight. Melbourne Qantas staff however, still tried to do the same trick and drop him halfway again. My dad requested they take him all the way and they did. But only cause he spoke up and insisted. So this may be a continuous issue in Melbourne that needs to be addressed if they are doing it all the time.
RouteAuckland to Perth via Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"missed for drinks twice"

Trip Verified | Qantas flights are pretty good in general, except the service was so bad. The crew director was working so hard to cover the flight attendant's mistake. I was missed for drinks twice and before I have ordered my meal and told that chicken is out. I guess this is the last time I fly with Qantas again.
RouteSantiago to Sydney

"don’t book with Qantas"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Coffs Harbour. Firstly, my Qantas flight out of Australia was so delayed I literally had to run to catch my connecting flight, and I’d left myself two hours between flights. But planes can be delayed so can’t point too much blame here. Secondly, on my return flight Qantas kindly bumped me off my ticketed half 8am flight from Sydney onto the 11.30 flight. Their excuse for doing this was that the first plane in the morning was smaller than they’d sold tickets for - so what ensued was then a bumping knock on. How can a company try to justify that it’s ok to move customers off a flight they have purposefully booked and paid for months in advance? My new bumped onto flight was then so delayed instead of arriving at my destination at half nine a.m. it ended up being 2.40 pm. Finally, the return Qantas flight was the last leg after flying internationally from Manchester, England. As a result of not having showered for nearly thirty six hrs whilst travelling, and now sitting at Sydney for an extra four and a half hours, I asked at the ‘customer services team’ at the Qantas desk if I could use a shower in the Qantas lounge, just a shower, not free alcohol, a comfy seat for a few hours or even free food, just a shower and they so kindly said ‘no’. I wasn’t a member so I couldn’t use the facilities. So if you’re looking for a reliable company that Don’t bump you off a flight you’d booked and paid for months in advance don’t book with Qantas. Want to do the right thing once they’ve bumped you off your flight, trying to somehow offer an apology and say - let you use a shower, then don’t book with Qantas. Want to leave the customer service desk with tears in your eyes, feeling like the whole scenario is your fault and that you are causing the customer services team problems, do book with Qantas!
RouteSydney to Coffs Harbour
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Two very different experiences"

Trip Verified | Wellington to Brisbane via Sydney. Two very different experiences, which leads me to believe the front line team offer an inconsistent product. WLG to BNE was very good, everything from check in, security, lounge and through to boarding was efficient, though boarding could have been somewhat more organised. The cabin crew on my first flight were super friendly and very attentive. Catering was great too, although it was the first time I didn't finish my food as I had eaten in the lounge as well. IFE was average, I did manage to find options to pass the time. Seat was comfortable but I wished Qantas used a plane with their business suites. After arriving and passing through immigration/customs at Sydney international I made my way over to the Qantas terminal, which was a bus on the land side. SYD to BNE was delayed once again, for no good reason at all. Actually, they didn't have a legitimate reason. The cabin crew were terrible, especially the Customer Service Manager. She put on a show when she had to, and then go back to being a grumpy person which would rather be doing nothing at all. Catering was non-existent, a tart and some yoghurt could be served in economy but when you pay for a premium product you do expect better service. Overall, my experience was very mixed and the flight between Sydney and Brisbane was the worst domestic Business Class I have experienced.
RouteWellington to Brisbane via Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"my worst international flight"

Trip Verified | Brisbane To Auckland. Check-In was somewhat non existent, the ground team just look so unmotivated plus I find the check in area at Brisbane International a complete inefficient shamble. Security was quite fast, one positive so far and after a great visit to the lounge things goes bad once again. The aircraft hasn't even arrived, no information was given with passengers waiting an extra 20 mins before boarding. I just don't understand the lack of information, just be transparent and let passengers know the aircraft is being delayed. The boarding process was quite abysmal. Qantas just can't seem to get priority boarding correct even though they are trying their best to fix it, it's actually not that hard and your team just seem lazy. The cabin crew was not even close to good, on this flight they are just robots. At this point nothing will be a saving grace, I hope someone from Qantas read this and pass on the feedback. Lastly, inflight service and IFE was average. This has to be my worst international flight so far.
AircraftA330-200
RouteBrisbane to Auckland
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"seats for three of us at different places"

Trip Verified | Due to travel Melbourne to Dallas via Sydney on 11 January. Travelling through family with a 7 year old kid. While traveling from Los Angeles to Melbourne, airline assigned seats for three of us at different places, although ticket for all of us is bought at the same time. Before I traveled, I went to the website to select seats, it never worked. They show not even an attempt to assign seats together. When asked about it, they are careless as if they have nothing to do with it. My return flight form Melbourne to Dallas, I tried to check in online. I am unsuccessful in selecting the seats. See the attached image. I did it many times and have no success. My travel with Qantas is really uncomfortable. While I traveled with other airlines, I never had issues with seating while traveling with family. I tried to call the airlines, the phone prompted waiting time of 1 hour 25 minutes. I waited 1 hour 25 minutes on phone and had no luck in getting in touch with customer service. Airlines need to have some commonsense on allocating seats when travelling with a family in a 15 hr flight!!
RouteMelbourne to Dallas via Sydney