Qantas Airways

"Will never use them again"

Not Verified | Would not recommend this airline to my worst enemy. In the past I’ve dealt with multiple cancellations with Qantas, the final straw was Qantas cancelling my international flight less than a few hours before I was meant to fly. Their fix, a flight leaving earlier time with a stop. Had to rush to airport. Paid extra to have a direct flight. Will never use them again. Useless customer service. Offered no help or compensation.
RoutePerth to London Heathrow
Date FlownNovember 2023

"experience was let down by the food"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | First time with Qantas. Very cheerful and friendly cabin crew. Seat was comfortable. The entertainment and wi-fi worked very well. The whole experience was let down by the food which I think inadequate in term of quantity and quality. The boarding process was efficient.
RouteSingapore to Melbourne
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"deserves a budget and low rating"

Trip Verified | The management of Airline and reputation is horrendous. Qantas has the reputation of constant delays and cancellations to the point that it is of no surprise anymore. Airline cleanliness is not up to standards and aircrew are not as friendly as other airlines. For this current flight, it was plagued with delays, firstly with boarding, even though the aircrew boarded the aircraft before the first boarding call. Subsequently, we only managed to board past the flight time and were then told to wait another 20 minutes due to paperworks issue. This is a full paying flight and not a budget flight, but we were told after they sorted out the paperworks that unfortunately the flight could not have in-flight entertainment. The flight is double the budget airline in price but ended up with no in-flight entertainment. This deserves a budget and low rating.
RouteMelbourne to Singapore
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"a really disappointing airline"

(China)

Trip Verified | I was flying to Australia for the first time and I had a choice between China Eastern and Qantas. The experience was so bad. It felt so budget and grimey. 1. They emailed early on the day of the flight to say the entertainment system was broken and to prepare. This is crazy for a long haul flight and the plane came from Sydney so how could they not have addressed this issue before flying to China. So nothing worked. No movies, no map, no safety video. Also, on board they said people should download on Netflix knowing full well that Chinese people have no access to Netflix. So basically they ignored the problems Chinese people might face. The seats were one of the smallest I’ve ever sat on. It was so tight and the whole cabin felt cluttered and poorly laid out. In addition, the material of the pillow meant everything was sticking to it so it looked really gross and dirty. The toilets were also super gross and the whole experience felt unhygienic. The meal was appealing I can barely put it into words. Usually I take a photo of my plane food as generally I like it. There was just one container of meat or veg or whatever you ordered and a piece of bread. No nice tray or cups or no presentation at all. The breakfast was the same. Really below expectations for a long haul flight. The plane left shanghai over 2 hours late. Nothing was offered for these 2 hours. The cabin crew were nice but quite inattentive. While waiting to go to the restroom, a Chinese lady asked for hot water. There were a lot of cabin crew and not one person helped her even though it was obvious was she needed and she asked. After about five minutes someone helped her. They seem to prioritize white people so if you fall into this category you’re lucky. I complained about my experience as it was so terrible and the flight wasn’t cheap. They offered my $100 travel credit which can be used on a future flight. I’m not from Australia and I have no plans to return in the near future so this isn’t really helpful. To conclude, Qantas is a really disappointing airline with a terrible service, dirty and compact cabins, poor food quality I would never fly with them again. Fortunately after landing I had a good experience in Australia. It’s a shame that this airline is the first thing a lot of people will encounter when coming to Australia. If possible fly with any other available airline.
RouteShanghai to Sydney

“Fantastic service”

Trip Verified | Fantastic service on this domestic service continuing on from the AKL-SYD sector that was also excellent. This was my first time flying QF on a domestic sector due to us flying our PUG from Auckland as we have immigrated to Perth. The crew were second to none, very relaxed, genuine and fun, super helpful. The interior of the A330 was very crisp and the seats were comfortable. I was surprised what a substantial meal we were served, I went for a plant based ravioli which was really really delicious. After the great service we received, both me and my PUG, I'm proud to call Qantas my new national airline.
AircraftA330-200
RouteSydney to Perth
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"disappointing to say the least"

Trip Verified | As a member of the One World Alliance elites, I expected a certain level of service and professionalism from Qantas, but sadly, it fell short of my expectations. The overall effort put forth by the airline appeared to be lackluster, as if they were just doing enough to avoid being classified as subpar. The lack of enthusiasm and genuine care was evident from the moment I stepped into the airport at SYD. From the airport crew to the in-flight staff, it seemed that the airline was putting in the least minimal effort, giving off an impression that they simply did not care about providing a quality service. One major disappointment was the absence of smiles from anyone within the Qantas staff. Instead of focusing on their duties, flight attendant were often found chit-chatting and gossiping among themselves while serving food and drinks. This not only reflected a lack of commitment to their responsibilities but also created a negative atmosphere for passengers. What struck me as particularly concerning was a flight attendant making low-class comments and mocking a sleeping passenger. In conclusion, my experience with Qantas was disappointing, to say the least. The lack of genuine effort, professionalism, and respect for passengers left me questioning the commitment of the airline to deliver a quality travel experience. I expected more from Qantas, and it is disheartening to see them fall short of delivering a service that matches the standards of the alliance.
RouteSydney to Los Angeles

“What poor service”

Trip Verified | It has been my worst flight experience. Firstly Qantas has a poor website and web checkin process. I tried selecting my seats and was unable to do so. Me and my wife had to sit separately on the same flight. Secondly the flight got delayed by over 5 hours. The first delay was of 1 hour that they conveyed by email. The second delay was of another 1 hour that again was sent by an email. Later on the plane arrived late by another 1 hour at the airport and then due to some error they delayed the flight for another 2 and a half hours. What poor service by QANTAS. This is shameful.
RouteDelhi to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2024

“Onboard catering was very nice”

Trip Verified | I had an important family event in Brisbane to attend. Qantas had the best price for the day and time I needed to fly. It has been quite sometime since I have flown QF. Kiosk check was easy and the security formalities were completed in no time. Flight departed slightly late due to a technical issue. The flight time was fairly quick so we landed in Brisbane early. Onboard catering was very nice and a lovely crew who looked after us in the air. Bags were late arriving due to a thunderstorm and lightning meant the ground crew had to leave the tarmac. I still made my family event with plenty of time to spare. Qantas prices can sometimes be extremely high. So I guess I was lucky to find a bargain at relatively short notice. I hope that with a new CEO Qantas can get back to being the reliable and wonderful airline that it once was.
RouteMelbourne to Brisbane
Date FlownDecember 2023

"incredibly rude and dismissive"

Not Verified |  Absolutely terrible. Paid 200 for a ticket which gave me 2 checked bags which the website said gave me 30 kilos each. Come to check in and they say it’s 30 kilos total and wouldn’t let anybody have a carry on unless it is tiny. Got charged 350 dollars just to get my stuff through and doubled the price of my ticket. And the staff were incredibly rude and dismissive.
RouteAuckland to Brisbane
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"Their service has been the worst"

Trip Verified |  I booked and paid for a flight not to receive it. After arguing for over 2 hours that they have my money they finally located the payment. However, they would not use my money which they had in their account to rebook the flights they wanted me to pay again. On having the agent confirm twice that my funds which they had in their account would be refunded in 7 days, I paid again. That was 2 months ago and I still have not received my money. If they had been honest and told me it would take longer to refund then I would not have rebooked the flights as I needed the the money over Christmas. Their service has been the worst I have encountered in my lifetime. They won't take any accountability for their system failure or lack of adequate service to their customers to rectify their errors. I'll walk before I ever step foot on another Qantas flight. Their practices are deplorable.
RouteMelbourne to Bundaberg via Brisbane