Precision Air

Precision Air customer review

I had just finished a wonderful 15 day safari of Kenya and Tanzania and my flight by Precision Air was confirmed as leaving at 1.10 pm on Sunday 26th May to catch my connecting flight back to Australia. I discovered on Saturday evening 25th May that I had been put on another flight leaving at 15.25! There was no way I would ever connect for my flight back home. Thankfully I checked online and first thing Sunday morning with the help of hotel staff was placed on a 10.30 am flight and had to rush to Kilimanjaro Airport and then sit at Dar Salaam airport for 5 hours waiting but at least I caught my flight back home. No one was advised of the flight change and being a solo traveller it was a very stressful experience. I would never recommend Precious Air to anyone.

(Uganda)

Had a flight booked from Entebbe Uganda to Zanzibar via Dar es Salam. Precision Air told us late in the evening before the flight the next day they had cancelled the outbound flight and were planning to re-route us via Nairobi but a day later. Precision Air staff at the airport in Entebbe were very helpful and they did put us up in a very nice hotel. However Precision Air then also cancelled our return flight. Since we were without internet we found out when we arrived at the airport in Zanzibar that our flight had been cancelled. Sent to the Precision Air office which was closed and nobody answered on their phone. Eventually helped to get us on an alternative flight via Kilimanjaro.

Precision Air customer review

We arrived just under an hour and a half for our flight from Zanzibar to Nairobi where we had a connecting flight to the UK. After security at the check in counter we were told we were 'late'. The manager refused to let us go through to departures. A co-worker whispered that the plane was full. After a lengthy discussion with the Precision air manager we missed the flight had to stay overnight in Stone Town with zero help offered by Precision.

(Sweden)

We have been flying with Precision Air twice this year from Zanzibar to Mbeya return and last year Dar to Mtwara return. And we are very satisfied good information no delays luggage handling without problems. So we plan to go with them again!

Precision Air customer review

9th February ZNZ to DAR. Flight delayed 30 minutes without giving any information about it. Same day flight from DAR to JRO was delayed for 80 minutes due to "technical reasons" - from the cockpit the information was again "conditions that we couldn't affect". So if you use Precision as your carrier plan a lot of extra time especially when you have connection flights.

Precision Air customer review

JRO to ZNZ on 2nd February 2013. Flight scheduled for 5.50pm and delayed for more than 2 hours due to 'technical reasons'. Information from the pilot was 'conditions that we couldn't affect' which made it even more strange. Delays seem to happen quite often on flights from/to JRO/ZNZ/DAR regarding some talks I had with other travellers.

Precision Air customer review

Many flights on Precision Air over the last 7 years. Aircraft clean and staff helpful. I have occasionally experienced short delays but nothing compared to my experiences in the USA. My only complaint is several recent experiences with petty theft from baggage flashlight spare mobile phone pocket knife etc. Probably more an airport issue than the airline.

Precision Air customer review

Nairobi to Kilimanjaro. Flight departed NBO on time and arrived at JRO ahead of schedule. The flight was short about 40 minutes but the crew managed to serve a drink (alcohol included) and a snack of peanuts. Not much but definitely sufficient. The plane was a reasonably new ATR 72-500 that was boarded from the back stairs. It rained heavily at NBO so everybody was given a poncho! Overall no complaints.

(Tanzania)

I flew three times with them and they were all horrible experiences. The latest flight between Dar es Salaam and Nairobi was delayed 7.5 hours. I missed my connecting flights which were prepaid and non refundable and I missed prepaid accommodation as well. Ground staff were either rude or lying to us.
Seat Comfort N/A

(New Zealand)

2 flights. Arusha to Zanzibar and Zanzibar to Dar es Salaam. Tidy little planes. Both flights early. In fact Zanzibar to Dar es Salaam was so early we got to Dar es Salaam 15 mins before we were even suppose to have left Zanzibar. All luggage arrived safely and plenty of soft drink on Arusha to Zanzibar flight.