Porter Airlines

Porter Airlines customer review

I have found that the airline has drastically gone downhill. Customer service used to be friendly and helpful and it is now surly and impatient. The flights I take on a frequent basis are very often cancelled or moved with no notice yet if you ask for any assistance there is absolutely no attempt to be helpful. All in all an airline that used to be good and has lost a business flying customer.
Value For Money N/A

Porter Airlines customer review

My colleague and I booked our seats separately and asked if we could sit together (PD421 - Toronto to Montreal Jan 23). The young lady behind the counter in the lounge said the flight was full and we would have to ask customers on the plane ourselves. We asked twice and got the same answer. When we got on the plane it was half empty. Needless to say we sat together but were both surprised since Porter is known for their extra mile service. Sloppy was among our comments. Rethinking Air Canada if Porter gives the same attitude.

Porter Airlines customer review

Outrageous baggage fee policy. Paid $90 for an extra piece total weight only 80 lbs too bags and to know the bag I paid $90 did not even get placed on the plane and had to go back to airport the following day to retrieve the bag. Definitely not premium service for premium charges. Be cautious of lower fares because you may get charged others ways. Totally unreasonable baggage fees.

Porter Airlines customer review

Flew YHZ-YTZ one-way with a brief stop in YUL. Despite leaving 30 minutes late due to mechanical problems earlier in the day we arrived almost on time. Cabins were modern and comfortable and the provided beverages/snacks were quite nice - the free wine was a nice touch too. Ground staff in-flight attendants and pilots all seemed to share a camaraderie I haven't seen too often when flying. And very reasonable prices too. YTZ is a great airport as well - real easy to get out of.

Porter Airlines customer review

YTZ-EWR return. On outbound leg flight was slightly delayed but arrived on time in EWR. Lounge at YTZ brilliant with convenient WiFi access. Boarding smooth and without delays GatePorter service is fantastic for carry-on items too big for the passenger cabin. Flight not entirely full and fantastic food and beverage choices surprisingly served in glass instead of plastic. On return pleasant surprise at EWR lounge which is always kept replenished with many choices for food and drink. No inflight entertainment but this is not missed on flights underneath 2 hours. Staff service mediocre and leaves much to be desired on both legs - no smiles and stiff service though helpful upon request. Plane small but seats comfortable. Overall a fabulous experience lying with Porter that could be slightly improved with more warm staff service - would love to fly them again.

Porter Airlines customer review

I have mixed feelings about Porter. I have found flights between Ottawa and Toronto are getting cancelled more and more often. Sure they'll bump you to an earlier flight if there is room but they are also quick to cancel your flight and leave you stranded for another hour or four in the airport. It's not bad in Ottawa as you can walk around (just a huge inconvenience) but in Toronto it means you're stuck at a tiny airport with nothing to do! The lounges are nice and it's great to get wifi service but if these flight cancellations become any more frequent I'm going back to the other airlines which is why I'm giving this air service a lower score (otherwise I'd probably put it at a nine). Staff have been nice enough which is why I'm not reducing the score to lower yet.

Porter Airlines customer review

EWR-YTZ. Delightful flight. Small lounge by the gate at Newark serving soft drinks and tea/ coffee. Friendly onboard service given with a smile. Arrival at the Toronto City Airport was simple - in my hotel less than an hour after landing.

Porter Airlines customer review

Toronto to Moncton. Overall I was satisfied. I wasn't "wowed" by the airline like a lot of other posters however the service was professional prompt and of good value. The flight to Moncton is 3 hours and has a quick stop over in Ottawa. The direct flight from Pearson is two hours however I live 10 minutes from the island airport and over an hour from Pearson so for me the time was neutral and avoiding the crowds annoyance and expense of getting to Pearson was a big plus. Check-in security and the waiting area at the island airport makes you feel like a person travelling again. The turbo prop planes they use have no vibrations (unlike other prop planes I have flown on) and it really feels just like a jet. You do fly lower so there is a better chance of turbulance but my flight had none. The seating has legroom like premium economy but seat width like economy.

Porter Airlines customer review

Porter finally opened a leg to Dulles International to/from Toronto and the sales offered through the summer were great! Our flight up to Toronto was fantastic on time complimentary glass of wine Porter terminal in Toronto is easy to navigate quick trip on ferry. I was impressed with the service for the value. On the morning of our flight back to Dulles I received an email that our 11am flight had been cancelled and we were rescheduled on the 6pm flight. I called customer service to get booked on the 1pm flight and of course that flight was fully booked. Porter had only re-booked one seat on the 6pm flight not two. I spoke with the customer agent and the best they could do was put us one in front of the other and recommended I ask again at the airport. As we were 2 hours from the airport I had to reschedule our transportation to the airport. At the airport the check in rep did manage to change our seats together. The terminal is comfortable and complimentary coffee snacks and soda helps pass the time. I would fly Porter again when offering a decent sale price but I would be prepared to be flexible! I would not recommend Porter if you are on a tight timeline and check your email to ensure your flight is still scheduled!

Porter Airlines customer review

Having heard great things about Porter though friends and online I was eager to give them on a try on a recent trip to Toronto. I was quite pleased with the service and professionalism displayed by employees. All my flights were on time aircraft's clean and airport personnel were helpful. Porter offers an excellent meal service for being a regional airline on short flights. Although they are small it's still a very nice touch. The terminal in Toronto is fantastic however there was a real shortage of seating on my recent trip.