Porter Airlines

"paying $115 penalty for cancelling my flight"

Trip Verified | After booking a flight to visit family based on FB promotional ads promoting no fees on changes or cancellations, I purchased 2 tickets and in addition purchased the "refund option" as they call it, which I assumed was just hassle free cancellation / refund option in case we had to cancel. Due to the pandemic and new variants, and also changing travel guidelines within our province, we were no longer comfortable flying so decided to cancel. I paid $868 for the flights, and then through cancellation process the refund amount was showing $811 as the ancillary fee apparently does not get refunded. So upon arriving to the last step in the cancellation to confirm the $811 refund, I submitted only to find out I was now getting a $753 refund. So despite the promotions and buying "cancellation protection", I still ended paying $115 penalty for cancelling my flight.
RouteMoncton to Ottawa
Date FlownDecember 2021

"I've still not received a refund|"

Trip Verified | I booked 2 flight through Expedia for Porter Airlines. They canceled all flights to Atlantic provinces including my flights. I had to come up with more money to book new flights on a different airline. I was told that I was supposed to get a refund from Porter Airlines but despite my contacting them and having Expedia contact them twice on my behalf I've still not received a refund. I have been fighting ever since July 2021 to try and get my refund. I am out hundreds of dollars and I don't think I'll ever see it again. Absolutely ridiculous. Don't book with this airline.
RouteOttawa to Halifax
Date FlownAugust 2021

"Really happy with experience"

(Bahamas)

Not Verified | Really happy with experience - friendly employees, the interior of planes looked recently updated, happy to avoid Pearson and fly through Toronto Island - brand new looking airport with good amenities. Price was great, too. Would definitely fly again.
AircraftDash 8
RouteOttawa to Toronto Island via Newark
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"impressed with the service"

Not Verified | Toronto to Montreal. Continue to be impressed with the service at Porter! My friends and I were travelling (returning home) on the brink of the COVID-19 crisis and the entire crew remained upbeat, pleasant and incredibly professional during our pre-boarding and flight. Thank you to the Porter Airline organization for getting us home safely and with ease.
RouteToronto to Montreal
Date FlownMarch 2020

"got delayed, so far, 3 times"

Trip Verified | Fredericton to Ottawa. A very bad experience for a first flight. I am currently waiting for the flight which got delayed, so far, 3 times for a total of 4 hours and 15 minutes. I tried to locate an agent to ask about the reason for the delay, none was available at their gate. No wonder why their tickets are cheaper than others.
RouteFredericton to Ottawa
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"first flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Ottawa to Toronto. My first flight was cancelled, the airline said that it was plane trouble. I was bumped to a later flight and we landed 20 minutes ago. We are still sitting on the tarmac not moving waiting for a gate to pull in. This is terrible service. We have landed more than 20 mins ago and no one will tell us anything or get us off this flight.
RouteOttawa to Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"have to sit here for nearly 2 hours"

Trip Verified | Ottawa to Fredericton. We have to sit here for nearly 2 hours to fly 1.5 hours. Plane was very warm and air didn't work. I can understand maybe an hour delay, but 2 hours. Come on porter, be prepared.
AircraftQ400
RouteOttawa to Fredericton
Date FlownMarch 2019

"can't be on time if they tried"

Not Verified | Fredericton to Ottawa. Porter isn't much different than any other airline in size or quantity but they can't be on time if they tried. I have flown Porter 5 times now and every single flight has always been delayed.
RouteFredericton to Ottawa
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"rebooked me on a different flight"

Not Verified | Ottawa to Newark via Toronto. Received an alert two days prior to the flight that due to weather flight would be delayed or cancelled and that I could rebook free of charge. They only gave options for the same day of the original flight. Thus, I booked after the storm would have passed. Less than 12 hrs before the rebooked flight Porter cancelled my flight and then rebooked me on a different flight that would have missed my connection, landing me back in NYC seven hours later than planned and with a layover of five hrs. Tried to call customer service only to be disconnected after hr and a half wait with no call back. Called back only for another hour expected wait time. Ended up booking AirCanada same route, same time with zero hassle or delay.
RouteOttawa to Newark via Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2019

"experience has deteriorated"

Not Verified | Toronto to Ottawa. I have flown with Porter Airlines over ten times three years ago. I gave it five stars back then but haven't flown with it since until this month. I found the service quality and overall experience has deteriorated to a huge extent. What attracted me previously no longer exists. They start charging even an everyday backpack. I wonder if they are going to charge passengers who use the underwater tunnel or ferry to get onto the Toronto city airport in the future.
RouteToronto to Ottawa