PLAY

"Perfectly fine for a budget airline"

(Iceland)

Trip Verified | Perfectly fine for a budget airline, with friendly staff and a okay selection of snacks and drinks. One thing I do wish is if they had plant milk (preferably Oatly) when ordering a hot drink, most budget airlines offer this now and was a bit disappointed when they didn’t have any.
RouteLiverpool to Keflavik

3rd January 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you for your review on PLAY. We‘re happy to hear you had a good trip! Our main goal is to deliver top service. That's why we appreciate hearing from our passengers in order to improve. Hope you enjoyed your holiday, maybe we'll get the chance to take you on another one in the future :)

"plane was relatively new"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Keflavik to Paris. Very good overall service - outbound flight on time, return flight delayed due to snow storm but very good communication. The plane was relatively new and comfortable - I purchased seats in the first 10 rows and had a lot of leg room. Food choices not that wide but most people buy food before. Crew attentive.
AircraftA321Neo
RouteParis to Reykjavík

3rd January 2023 : PLAY response

"We loved our experience"

Trip Verified | The crew was warm and accommodating and so pleasant to be around. My wife and I brought our two young kids with us, our 2 year old was not thrilled about being forced to sit for take off and landing. The crew went above and beyond and had more patience for our kids than we expected. We loved our experience with PLAY and we would certainly fly with them again.
RouteKeflavik to Boston

3rd January 2023 : PLAY response

Thank you for your PLAY review! We really appreciate it and hope to see you on board with us again soon. We'll be sure to share your comments with our crew as we believe positive feedback is important to encourage and enrich our work environment :)

"I would fly PLAY again"

Trip Verified | My family and I flew roundtrip on Play from Boston to Paris on 12/20 and 12/29. Play's performance exceeded my expectations, given what I have read about air travel of late. The preflight check-in process was easy and quick, including adding and paying for a couple of carry-on items that I had not included when I first bought our tickets. The check-in and in-flight staff were friendly and efficient. Every leg of our trip was on time, and switching from one plane to another in Reykjavik was simple and stress-free. The best part of the experience was that our last leg home to Boston arrived 40 minutes early, allowing us to walk out of the airport, having gone through customs and grabbing a checked-in bag five minutes before our scheduled landing! I would fly PLAY again without hesitation.
RouteParis to Boston via Keflavik

3rd January 2023 : PLAY response

First of all, we want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your positive experience. We strive to deliver top service and we absolutely love feedback like this. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our staff at check-in and on board. Again, thank you so much for telling us about this and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed flying with us!

"I will not recommend"

Not Verified | I have not yet traveled but had to pick a date of travel. My Feb 15th 2023 outbound flight was canceled by Play on 11/29, via email sent to me. I requested the full trip refund option following Play's process, and have had no response to this, which is rather alarming given the cost of the flight and the fact that the airline caused the cancelation. On the Play website, there is no information about a canceled flight - all appears on schedule. Very poor customer service from an airline I had hoped to take advantage of for the first time. I will not recommend and will need to take more aggressive action if I do not receive a prompt response.
RouteNew York to Paris via Keflavik

29th December 2022 : PLAY response

First of all, we want to thank you for taking the time to write to us about your negative experience. Our main goal is to deliver top service. That's why we appreciate hearing from our passengers in order to improve and we take this very seriously. We will investigate this further and deal with the matter accordingly. Again we'd like to thank you for letting us know about this.

"offers everything one needs"

Trip Verified | Great airline, offers everything one needs. Very efficient and friendly staff and service on board is great. Very good quality food and drinks onboard. Kevlavik airport is easy to navigate because of its size. Can recommend all aspects of the trip.
AircraftA320-251Neo
RouteDublin to Reykjavik

29th December 2022 : PLAY response

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and let us know how happy you are. We strive to deliver top service and we love feedback like this!

"why ask for proof and then ignore it?"

Not Verified | Their on the ground rep in Iceland bullied to us and forced us to pay for personal items, insisted it was carry on baggage. An extra 120 euro charge for something we didn't need, we were permitted to fly out with the same bags but charged on the way back! and we weren't the only people. We contacted Play regarding this and they asked for proof my bags were within their guidelines. I sent photos with a measuring tape against the bags which showed I wasn't wrong. They completely ignored the evidence provided and told me that they trust their staff to carry out checks. If this was the case, why ask for proof and then ignore it? I've since filed a chargeback!
RouteDublin to Keflavik

29th December 2022 : PLAY response

PLAY is a low-budget airline and therefore extra services such as additional bags, meals and booking changes are not included in the price. If passengers arrive with larger and/or heavier carry-on baggage than the allowance in their booking specifies, we do require our check in staff to charge the appropriate amount according to our optional fees and charges. This way we keep fairness for all our passengers. It is always more expensive to add extra services at the airport than online in advance, so we always recommend that passengers do this in advance. We are always interested in hearing how our passengers experience our services and take everything stated into careful consideration. Again, thank you for your feedback!

"not an airline worth booking with"

Trip Verified | We arrived 6 hours early and was told that all flights were cancelled and that they would try for the next day, but all of the flights were booked for the rest of the week so it wasn't possible for us to get it rebooked or to get to our destination without spending an extra $2000 on top of the refund we are now getting. We didn't get any notifications, was told that if we book by third party they would notify the third party. We called the third party, the third party had no idea of what we were talking about. We even checked the flight schedule as we went to the airport as well, and it showed that it was on time. Had we been notified before, it would have all been fine, we wouldn't have to currently scramble for what we are doing the next week. There was no communication, we wasted a car rental, an additional hotel room on top of the other hotels we already had reserved in Iceland that could have been cancelled with refunds had we been notified. The lack of communication coupled with the fact you can't even get a real representative without going through the weird puffin AI agent is enough to tell me that this is not an airline worth booking with, and if anything, it is better spent at another airline where actual people work at, and can talk with you, is worth whatever extra cost it may be (and let me assure you I highly doubt the price differential will be as much as it has been for us to make sure that we have a place to stay especially since it is Christmas.
RouteNew York to Keflavik

29th December 2022 : PLAY response

We are sincerely sorry that your flight was canceled during the extreme weather event in Iceland this past December. We understand that getting back to your friends and families before Christmas was jeopardized. In all honesty, delays are an unloving product for both passengers and the airline alike. Not only is it costly, but we are well aware that a good reputation for flawless on-time performance is highly valuable, thus we strive to keep a clean delay record for everyone’s best interest. The reason for delays is most often an unforeseen cause, such as a winter snow storm, which we try to avoid with all the possible precautions and actions that we can take to minimize the effect. If you felt the communication or information given on our behalf was lacking, we truly apologize for that. Due to the extremely high volume of incoming inquiries our once quick reply time slowed down, and for that we are sincerely sorry. We thank you for taking the time to write to us about your experience, we can only learn from this incident and take everything stated into careful consideration.

"completely unreliable"

Not Verified | Canceled the flight 12h before take-off and 4 days before Christmas. Did not offer any alternatives apart from a full refund. Do not book / travel with them, completely unreliable. No cabin luggage, no food, no entertainment. Fly with united or any other but not with them!
RouteBoston to Paris via Keflavik

29th December 2022 : PLAY response

"completely abandoned us in Paris"

Not Verified | Never ever again. They completely abandoned us in Paris with no options and no one from the airline to talk to. Luckily I know my way around France and secured another flight on an amazing airline French Bee to Newark and had my husband drive 6 hrs to pick me up. I felt terrible for those that didn’t have other options. It is not worth the savings unless you have total flexibility and don’t care if you have no one to help you during a cancellation.
RouteParis to Baltimore via Keflavik