Philippine Airlines

Philippine Airlines customer review

Sydney to Manila return flight Manila-Melbourne-Sydney. Plane delayed in Sydney due to a problem loading cargo. Aircraft on both trips A340 no personal screens but radio was great and entertainment on overhead screens decent. Plane comfortable and spacious compared to A330. Food was good. More than enough food on return trip. Cabin and lavatory very clean. Staff friendly. Inflight magazine interesting plus exclusive terminal in Manila is convenient. Both flights were pleasant.

Philippine Airlines customer review

SGP-MNL-LAX. All except one flight was delayed. Did not really like the A320. A bit to small and only had overhead screens. Boeing 747 was a lot better. Interior was new and had personal TV screens. Flight to LAX even took off 10 mins early. Overall I think PAL should just refurbish their airbus A320's to the ones like the Boeing 747. Terminal 2 should also be expanded and renovated.

Philippine Airlines customer review

I flew to Manila and return to Australia on the 25 Jan. On my trip back to Australia we left Manila at 9 am and arrived Sydney at 8 pm - we had one main meal all day and a snack before we landed Sydney. I paid $2000 for my return airfares to Manila and I ended up hungry. I think we pay enough airfares to be served a decent amount of food. There was also a mix up with my seat I checked in at 5 am only to find somebody else sitting in my seat however in the end staff sorted it out.

Philippine Airlines customer review

HKG-MNL MNL-TAG and TAG-MNL. Chose B777-300ER service out of HKG. Seat width a bit limited due to layout but pitch is good. Seat pitch usual A320 layout on domestic flights which is tight in economy. IFE on 777 is good. Good choice for short flight. Overhead screens on domestic sectors. FA's the usual PAL staff. Some (very) friendly and some "only" professional. Could do with consistency on the friendly side. Flights during service provider transition period. But hot meal available on international leg. Choice and quality was good. Better than CX that only serve a bun. No internet check-in available. Overall value for money.

Philippine Airlines customer review

MNL-CGK-MNL. Terminal 2 check-in was fine though Jakarta was very slow. On time departures and arrivals on all flights. Food and drinks choices were okay. All in all okay flights the price was nothing special.

Philippine Airlines customer review

SIN-MNL-LAX. SIN to MNL on A320 - 5 hours no personal IFE (only drop-down overhead LCD TV) only breads and drinks were available FA's were hiding for majority of the time. Seat was okay nothing special about this flight. MNL to LAX: it was the old un-refurbished 747-400. Ground staff were helpful but the security check line took forever. Even though I had to wait for about 10 hrs in the airport they only gave us two food vouchers. In the 744 no personal IFE they only put the map on the big LCD projector seat was okay meal was not attractive but it was delicious however they served it a bit late. FA was attentive bathroom and cabin were not that clean but still okay. I chose Philippine Airlines because I got very cheap tickets ($ 700 for SIN-LAX return trip).

Philippine Airlines customer review

Called and reserved window seat and that also fully reclined. I got a window seat just infront of emergency exit. The seat did not recline. Flight was supposed to be non-stop but stopped in Hawaii for over 1 hour to off load and receive passengers. Checked my ticket and printed itinerary it all said non-stop. Good thing for me I had no connecting flight I had to meet in limited time. On the return reserved window seat that reclined however seems they changed the plane from a 747-400 to something that looked like it could only hop from island to island. I had 2 choices and chose the lesser of two evils that still required me to get out of my seat no less than 12 times to allow people to go to and from the rest room and visit friends. There was no stop at Hawaii on the return trip. Seats not made for long haul and very uncomfortable after only 1 hour. Service was mediocre. Food was ok.

(Philippines)

Manila to Jakarta on A320. Crew lack courtesy asking passenger to pass on meals to their seat mates. Crew would pass on blankets headphones and even meal boxes on top of people's heads and sometimes a row away from the recipient. Food is awful and is not served in paper boxes. Coffee is now served in styrofoam which is environmentally unfriendly. PAL has downgraded its meal service. I think PAL should now be identified as a budget airline rather than a 3 star airline even if their fares are almost the same as other 5 star airlines.

Philippine Airlines customer review

LAS-MNL MNL-HKG HKG-LAS. Average trip all but one flight arrived on time. Food is so-so. Flight from HKG- MNL loaded and ready 15 mins early but due to ATC delays left almost 1 hr late. Crew were informative and apologetic. Extra $50 for Economy Plus seat worth it on LAS-MNL segment. Transfer from HKG flight in Manila to LAS flight is a test of your patience no direct gate to gate access. You go to the Transfer Desk they take your passport and boarding pass confirm they have located your luggage. Escort you upstairs to passport control through a metal detector and patdown then to the gate for a final passport inspection. Only then are you allowed to proceed to the boarding gate. All this for a same airline flight transfer. We were then an hour late leaving MNL. No seatback IVOD and screens were hard to see.

Philippine Airlines customer review

Not a fan. Have now made 4 business class trips from LAX-MNL or SFO-MNL. B747s in Business Class are OK but the Airbus is old and the business class seats uncomfortable and sub-standard. The food is horrible. Can't give it a good rating.