Philippine Airlines

"hope I can fly with PAL again"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Manila. I checked in around 8 in the evening for my 10:30 pm flight. I like how fast the boarding went through. The flight attendants are really welcoming and helpful with passengers who needs assistance with their bags. 40mins in to the flight the crew began distributing hot towels and the meal service started. The meal service took an hour to finish, I got pasta with chicken which is kinda dull. After almost 5hrs, I woke up seeing a ham sandwich and cookies on my tray-table, and I got upset because they had to turn on the cabin lights. Almost 2hrs near Manila, the crew gave us hot towels again, and the breakfast service started. I got chicken tocino with rice, and I was surprised that it’s really good. I hope I can fly with PAL again going to the US!
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSan Francisco to Manila

"a pleasant experience"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | My flight from Toronto to Manila on 17th June 2019 was a pleasant experience considering it was a 16-hour direct flight. The A350-900 was new and clean. My seat in the Economy class had a spacious leg room and the Inflight Entertainment system was good. The 3 meals that were served during the flight were warm and drinks were given generously. We left Toronto-Pearson airport on-time and landed in Manila as scheduled. The cabin crew was friendly. Overall, I enjoyed flying with Philippine Airlines. I will definitely recommend this airline.
AircraftA350-900

"I enjoyed the flight"

Trip Verified | Manila to San Francisco. Everything is chaotic in NAIA 2, but the ground staff in check in counters are really nice, which is a really nice. My flight to SFO, got so delayed for almost half an hour, we took off almost midnight, so after we took-off the crews began to give out hot towels and amenity kit, which are really rare these days, you’ll never see those on 5-star airlines. So the meal service began, and I got a chicken inasal which is kinda plain. After 5hrs crew started to began distributing snacks since it’s around 4am Manila time and the sandwich is really good, I must say. The good thing is that they don’t have to turn on the cabin lights during snacks service because most of the passengers are resting, or they’re asleep and The crew gives you snack even though you’re not awake, they’re just putting it in your tray-table. Entertainment really outdated and needs to be refurbished. And the wifi on my flight is not even working. The cabin is so amazing and it’s cabin temperature is just perfect. The lavatories are well-maintained by the crew. So 2hrs before arrival, the crew started to give out hot towels again so we can prepare for arrival, and the breakfast meal service commenced, they have a western and filipino option. I must say I don’t really liked their dinner and breakfast meal service that much because it’s kinda tasteless. Overall I enjoyed the flight, but the aircraft really needs to be refurbished since it’s getting outdated.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteManila to San Francisco
Date FlownApril 2019

"his luggage never made it"

Trip Verified | My brother flew from Toronto to Manila on June 10 and his luggage never made it. Spoke to PAL in Philippines and they were trying to blame him. Saying he checked in late. This isn't our first time going to Philippines. We know to be at the airport 3 hrs before our flight. We actually finished checking in by 830 PM when the flight wasn't leaving until 1130. So after more than 16 hrs of flight and 12 hrs of no word, PAL says it was left in Toronto. Why make my brother wait over an hour waiting for luggage that never showed? Why did it take another 12hrs for someone to know it was left in Toronto?

"The best-kept secret"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Manila Business Class. The best-kept secret! Flew round trip from Canada to Manila and onwards. The new A350, service and seating were outstanding. Food was good, staff pampered us, the entertainment system was the best we experienced. Full recliner seats. Large screens, great noise cancelling headphones. Also the best kicker free wifi. They provide approx 200MB per person, more than enough to text for work or personal, & surf. No lag, it was instant! Thank you, PAL!

"service was excellent"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Return Flight to Riyadh on Economy 23D. Again, it was a full flight. Departure was a little bit delayed due to some passengers who were late in checking in early. Take-off was delayed for around 25-30 minutes. The Captain informed the onboard passengers of the delay and the cause of the delay. Again, Flight was smooth, and truly lived up to the 4 star rating. Used again my own android platform tablet for the in-flight entertainment using My PAL application. Food was superb, service was excellent.
AircraftA330-300
RouteManila to Riyadh

"Truly a 4 Star airline"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Riyadh to Manila. Economy Class, Seat 22D. Flight was full. Service was Superb. Truly a 4 Star airline. FA's were very courteous. I bought my own tablet, and a charging cable (3-pin) so I can access My PAL player and so that the battery won't run out. Charging outlet is under the seat - right side.
AircraftA330-300
RouteRiyadh to Manila
Date FlownMay 2019

"we would be compensated"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Dumaguete via Manila. We arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport on May 31, 2019 for our 5.55pm Flight PR737 to Manila at 3.55pm. When we went to the check-in we were advised that PAL had changed the plane to a smaller one, so we were bumped, but we would be compensated by a free return flight anywhere in Asia, valid for one year and we would also be taken to an hotel to rest and have a meal. They asked which flight we would like to take instead, we opted for the 1.30am next day, which would allow more than 5 hours in Manila till the domestic flight. It took them more than 3 hours to rebook the flights, issue boarding passes and get us to the hotel. It was a nice hotel and we were able to have buffet dinner, however, there was little time to rest before returning to the airport. When we got back to the airport it was 11.15pm, only to find out from the departure board that the 1.30am flight had been delayed till 4.30am. No one contacted the hotel to inform us. They did give a meal voucher for only THB400 each, for Bangkok airport outlet prices? We were to pick up vouchers for the free flights when we went back for 1.30am flight. But the story had changed, the validity for the free flights was only 6 months. If so, this would mean the children could not avail of the flights, since they will be in school for more than 6 months before having a holiday. Then there was some doubt whether these tickets would be for Asia, or only to Thailand. The flight left at 4.40 am and landed in Manila about 9.10 am and had to go through Immigration, baggage claim and transfer T2 to T3. We raced to the T3 check in and arrived exactly 45 minutes before the 11.15 am PAL flight to Dumaguete, just as they were about to close. I got charged P1,600 for 3kg excess baggage. When we got to the gate, the flight was delayed, It was delayed till 1.30 pm, from 11.15 am.
AircraftA321. A320
RouteBangkok to Dumaguete via Manila
Date FlownJune 2019

"Philippines Airlines computer error"

Trip Verified | Philippines Airlines computer error. I had confirmation of my ticket paid for a upgrade of £1600 from my original economy ticket. Got to Manila airport and was not allowed to travel due to an internal computer error although I have ticket confirmation and paid the extra £1600 on top of economy ticket. There solution to leave me stranded in Manila another 48 hours until they can get me on another flight. Philippine Airlines ticket office admitted internal computer error but lack of sympathy. No compensation. It took me 2 hours to file complaints and am awaiting my business fare to be returned and I am have trouble claiming back original economy ticket returned due the computer error £600.
RouteManila to London

"I enjoyed my flight"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to New York. I don't normally fly this route, as I live closer to Clark in the Philippines and closer to Boston in the United States. I originally had plans in New York this time though, so I had an excuse to try this route. Unfortunately, our plane was 35 minutes late to arrive at our gate in Manila. Gate staff asked people to volunteer to check luggage as the flight was supposedly fully booked. However, upon boarding, I found that there were many seats which were never occupied. Otherwise, the gate staff handled the boarding professionally given the late arrival of the plane. We would have made up for some lost time if it were not for delays for taking off. On board the aircraft, the seats were comfortable. I was particularly pleased I was able to fit my small traveling bag in the seatback pocket in front of me. (That doesn't always happen.) An adequate amenities kit was provided. I found the safety video shown to be quite touching--and very Pinoy. As for the food, I was honestly surprised by how creative some of the meals offered were. (The food I have had on Philippine Airlines in the past was usually good, but simpler.) We were served two full meals and a "hot snack," which was basically like a full meal without the standard salad and roll. It was just the right amount of food for the flight--not too little, and not too much. I was a bit disappointed at first that the flight attendants did not come through the cabin offering water and/or juice between services, but I later realized it was a good thing in that I felt no pressure to accept such drinks. I did, however, get very thirsty at one point and pressed the call button. A flight attendant arrived, already carrying a cup of water for me. Impressive! One thing I do not understand, however, is why there is no pineapple juice available. I mean, pineapple juice is found pretty much anywhere in the Philippines. And if Philippine Airlines took a walk on the wild side and offered something like Del Monte Pineapple-Blueberry juice, then the airline could gain a cult following over it, like Jet Blue's serving blue potato chips on their flights in the United States. It would be something that stands out. Perhaps the biggest issue I found with this flight was the entertainment system. While I appreciate that individual seatback monitors were available, there were three big issues. One was that the system had to be rebooted in the middle of the flight and was stalling repeatedly before that reboot happened. The second was that there appeared not to be any games available. The third was a lack of subtitles for films. It seems odd that the Korean and Chinese films did not have subtitles in English or Tagalog. Even for films in English, I know that many Filipinos would appreciate subtitles in English, as the subtitles make it easier for them to understand the film. Lastly, the price for my round-trip ticket was typical of Philippine Airlines: not really expensive, but also not cheap. This is one area where Philippine Airlines could improve. Overall, I enjoyed my flight and am looking forward to my return flight. Salamat, Philippine Airlines, and congratulations on your new 4 Star Ranking!
AircraftA350-900