Philippine Airlines

"airport in Manila makes no sense"

Trip Verified | I flew from Vancouver to Manila on Sept 7th, PR117. The monitor in seat 68B would randomly shut off and the headphone jack was broken, this is very disappointing especially on a long flight; I had the same problem years ago on their plane too, why can't they fix this?! When returning on September 25th PR116 my selected seat was changed, I was told there was nothing they could do; why can't I have the window seat I originally booked or similar? The airport in Manila makes no sense, why do I have to pass by 3 metal detectors and show my boarding pass 4 times; this is so redundant. Additionally, when getting my luggage in Vancouver I waited for nearly an hour without seeing my luggage at the carrousel - apparently, they took off about 30 pieces of luggage and stacked it beside the carousel, why?
RouteManila to Vancouver

2nd October 2022 : Philippine Airlines response

Hi, David. We would like to apologize for the issues you have experienced. We certainly have no intention to cause you any disservice. May we kindly request that you send us a message through the ff. platforms so that we can look into this? Messenger: https://bit.ly/PALFBmessenger Viber: viber://chat?service=24848 Whatsapp: Add PAL as a new contact (+63) 998-951-4359 to start chatting Webchat: https://bit.ly/PALChat Thank you and stay safe.

"you may miss your connection"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | If you have a connecting flight then for goodness sake don't fly this airline. You will have to suffer a lot at Terminal for transfer, for boarding a bus to change terminal and for everything. Chances are you may miss your connection.
RouteSingapore to Dammam via Manila
Date FlownOctober 2022

"Absolutely terrible experience"

Trip Verified | Absolutely atrocious. Do not use this airline, especially if you are on a budget or need to complete a self-transfer in Singapore. They do not offer an early check in, and so you will be required to carry around all your bags as you wait for their check in desk to open. The staff give conflicting information, online staff promise you can check in any time, but at the desk some staff say three hours and others say four. The rest area is only available after you check in, so if you have a long layover you will be required to stay awake at the airport (as Singapore doesn’t now allow you to sleep in a waiting area). Absolutely terrible experience, this was my first and most certainly my last time using Philippine Airlines. I’d rather spend more money to avoid using them again
RouteSingapore to Melbourne via Manila

23rd September 2022 : Philippine Airlines response

Hi, D Keene. We're truly sorry to hear your disappointment. This is certainly not the experience we want you to have with us. May we kindly request that you send us a message through our Twitter or Instagram account, @flypal, so that we can look into your concern and have your feedback forwarded to the concerned offices for their attention and service enhancement? Thank you.

"booked the wrong flight by accident"

Trip Verified | I booked the wrong flight by accident. Within one day I notified them of my mistake. I asked for 2 options 1. Reschedule and get the difference back 2. Cancel and book again with PAL Both weren't going to be possible. If the price difference was in my favour. I would not get any money back. Customer service is bad and not flexible at all. Now I have to pay 2000 pesos because I want a refund. I will never fly with PAL again. Not flexible at all.
RoutePuerto Princesa to Cebu
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"worst airline experience ever"

Trip Verified | My worst airline experience ever - do not use. My wife and I flew via Manila to Dubai and then Tel Aviv. We planned to visit Manila during the 20 hour stopover. Staff members at the Philippine Airlines Sydney office had confirmed over the phone that this should not be an issue. We applied for the One Health Pass Online and received a QR code. When we got to Manila we were told that we were not allowed to leave the airport due to being transit passengers without any further explanation. We got detained in a room without food and natural light for 16 hours. The next day our flight to Dubai was delayed by more than one hour and we nearly missed our connecting flight to Tel Aviv. Our luggage was lost and it took Philippine Airlines three days to get it back to us. One the way back we had a 10 hour stopover in Manila. Thirty minutes before boarding we were told that we to check in our luggage again. We were taken to a room with heaps of luggage and had to give our luggage to security staff for another check. Due to this the flight was delayed by 45 minutes.
RouteDubai to Melbourne via Manila
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"not yet refunded after 6 months"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Manila to Los Angeles. Requested my flight to be upgraded through their call center. The call center agent made a quote and sent the payment link for the additional payment. After paying, the agent reviewed and noted that my booking was NOT UPGRADED due to system limitation. After wasting our time on calls for about 3 hours - they mentioned that they will refund, retrain their agents and give a "courtesy" 1-way domestic ticket. Sadly the amount I paid for the UPGRADE scheme - not yet refunded after 6 months. What a scam. *Not willing to take that "courtesy" 1-way ticket.
RouteManila to Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2022

"Poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Flight rescheduled with no concrete reason provided. No compensation was offered for the extended stay caused by this change despite the overnight delay. Poor customer service with unresponsive phone lines.
RouteManila to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"made people sleep in the airport"

Trip Verified | Got into Manila at 7pm was leaving at 11 am. They knew passengers were not going to be allowed to leave the airport, yet they said nothing when you bought the ticket. Everyone working was very rude and they made people sleep in the airport. No covid protection as everyone was packed in a very small room.
RouteHo chi Minh City to Los Angeles via Manila
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"spent 4-5 hours talking to customer service"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Ticked booked and paid, the airlines changed the timing On the day of travel, unable to check in as the system showed not paid. Eventually we managed to board but without a return ticket confirmed. It has been 3 days since our departing flight and 5 days before our return flight. We spent 4-5 hours talking to customer service everyday but nothing has been done
RouteKuala Lumpur to Caticlan via Manila

"rescheduling and disorganization"

Trip Verified | Aggravated. The 1st layover changed from 17 hours to 30. They put us up in a hotel after much waiting in limbo and ambiguity. Sent me through security with no boarding pass after I asked about it, she said "not yet, later" then guess what at the boarding gate they say i need the boarding pass so had to be escorted back to the transfer lounge with an employee who didn't even know where the lounge was. She tried to put me back in the queue I had waited in previously for 30 mins but there was no time so I had to get insistent. Just got an email that the return flight has been cancelled. Now I have to book an extra day to stay somewhere. If you value your time don't risk it I think they have problems with the international route but I will not gamble with them on short routes either. Too much rescheduling and disorganization. The flight staff was great and the plane was clean.
RoutePhnomh Pen to San Francisco via Manila