Philippine Airlines

"experience is amazing"

Trip Verified | Manila to Toronto. It’s my first time to be upgraded to Business Class and my experience is amazing. I have nothing to say about the service of the cabin crews, it was exceptional! Lastly, Thank You for the buong-pusong alaga and to the pilot for a safe flight as always. Will fly with you again someday.
AircraftA350-900
RouteManila to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2019

"cancelled due to a volcanic eruption"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Auckland to Osaka via Manila. My flight was cancelled due to a volcanic eruption in the Philippines. I only found out at the airport, even though the eruption had occurred and the flights had been cancelled a day ago - I didn't hear about it on the news because I was travelling. Philippine Airlines told customers that we could call a number the next day to either arrange a refund or to try to book a later flight. He couldn't tell us whether or not upcoming flights were full or not. He didn't apologise and didn't offer alternative flights or even accommodation, even though it was late in the evening. As for why we weren't contacted, he said that it wasn't his job.
RouteAuckland to Osaka via Manila
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"typical Filipino breakfast"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Legazpi to Manila on a raining Saturday morning flight. First of all, the flight left on-time with around 98% load factor. Distributed umbrella to every passenger boarding into the plane. Food in Business Class for a 45-minute flight was very acceptable. It was a typical Filipino breakfast with a good quantity and was tasty. Ground service was a bit chaotic but understandable due to a small airport terminal and huge number of passengers going back to Manila after spending holidays in the province. A "goodbye wave" by the ground staffs are always a beautiful gesture.
RouteLegazpi to Manila
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"they said I was too late"

Trip Verified | Cebu to Clark. I arrived at check line 45 minutes before flight but was refused a seat because they said I was too late. Did not help get me on the flight or refund my money.
RouteCebu to Clark
Date FlownDecember 2019

"baggage exceeded the allowable limit"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Manila to Cebu. My flight was 3:30 AM and all the counters has a long queue since all flights were assigned with the same counter. I admit that its my fault since our baggage exceeded the allowable limit. But we’ve done it on time and we just wait for our turn to check-in. Later on I’ve heard a lady shouting last check-in for Cebu so we immediately transfer to another queue that is shorter. 2:52 am was the time that we check-in our bag and the crew told us they cannot longer accept check-in flight bound to Cebu since their last call is 2:45 am. I was hoping that they’ll consider it since the flight was 3:30 am and they saw us in the line waiting for our turn. And since we weren't allowed to check in, we have to book a flight worth 9.9k each and we have to pay another bill for “convenience fee”. I always trusted PAL and book every flight back and forth with PAL.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownDecember 2019

"courteous and efficient services"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Manila. Very organized, hospitable, courteous and efficient services. The toilet is clean. The staff provide very prompt services and thinks of your comfort. Food is good and of international appeal.
RouteVancouver to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2019

"!one of my luggage was broken"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Manila, I noticed that one of my luggage was broken. At the counter, the representative took some photos and gave me the report, ensuring me that I would have received an email within 5 days. As of today, no email is yet received. Upon departure back to Dubai, yesterday morning with flight PR659, I passed once again by the Philippine Airlines office in Manila Airport to follow up. The representative told me that I would have received an email within 12 hours. On our return flight, the aircraft and seats were different. No screens and claustrophobic seats. I asked the supervisor if I could purchase the seats with extra space for legs and she told me that I should have done that on the ground because the flight was not equipped with credit card machine. How could I have known that the aircraft was different?
RouteDubai to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2019

"excellent service with a smile"

Trip Verified | Manila to San Francisco. Cabin crew were attentive, professional. Food was great with a beautiful plating. Drinks and snacks were offered multiple times, slept like a baby in this long haul flight. Kudos to the Pilots, our landing was smooth on a windy, wet day in San Francisco. My husband and I are grateful for the kind attention and excellent service with a smile. Thank you Philippine Airlines for bringing us all home safe and sound.
RouteManila to San Francisco

Philippine Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Dumaguete to Manila. The flight got delayed in Manila for 1 hour, without details after the delay happened. . Very tight seats and my air conditioning was very poor. A small bag of cookies and water available.
RouteDumaguete to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2019

"after sales service seems to be non-existent"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Manila to Melbourne. Great service on-board. Staff were professional and accommodating. Just mainly commenting on after sales service which seems to be non-existent. Phone lines are a pain to deal with as it takes almost an hour to get through and service agents dont seem to bother to answer more inquisitive answers. Won't even get started on their facebook chat. Social media person is just horrible to deal with.
RouteManila to Melbourne