Philippine Airlines

"attendants were attentive"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Cebu. I had an easy check in despite the fact that I arrived at the airport an hour before the flight. The flight was on-time and was comfortable enough for such route and type of aircraft. Flight crew service was great as the attendants were attentive to the needs of the passengers.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownOctober 2018

"They improved a lot"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Manila to Laoag. I have flown with Philippine Airlines a lot of times 5 years ago, and I saw how it changes dramatically in a very positive way! They improved a lot with their service and amenities on board and they have a big possibility to be a 5star airline if they will continue improving.
RouteManila to Laoag
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"service is rather mediocre"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Flew Philippine Airlines from Bangkok to Manila. Seats design not ergononic. Leather seat cover is uncomfortable. Barely minimum in-flight service for a 3 hour flight. No blankets were given but instead they made cabin temperature warm so it was not comfortable even. No in-flight entertainment in the A321. Food serving too scant. Meal service is not generous compared to other Asian airlines. Staff friendly indeed. Overall service is rather mediocre.
RouteBangkok to Manila

"given away those seats"

Trip Verified | Manila to London. My wife and I booked our flights at different times. To ensure that we are seated next to each other in the area we want, we paid for seats. This is a long flight (approx 14 hrs non stop) from Manila to London so it is very important to us where we sit. To our horror we found out at check in that PAL has already given away those seats and we have been displaced to separate seats. I had to demand for them to find at least seats next to each other. They did eventually do so but with no sign of any understanding of the inconvenience this caused. Those were paid for seats. We actually paid to have designated seats.
RouteManila to London
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"claims that it was not their fault"

Trip Verified | Our flight plan was going to Bali via Manila, then returning with a 3 day stop over in Manila. The flight from Heathrow was good, the inflight entertainment worked and apart from an odd egg panini the food was OK. However on the way back a Xiamen Airplane crash landed at Manila, closing the runway. We were in terminal 2 in Manila, Philippine Airlines own terminal. We arrived around 10am over 3 hours before our flight was to depart. We noticed a couple of flights had been cancelled but though nothing of it as they allowed us to go through Check In, Security and Passport Control. It was whilst we were waiting in the departure lounge we were told our flight was cancelled and were told to stay put. About an hour later we were told to go to the ticketing office, this was the last communication we received. We then left the departure lounge where we queued for over 10 hours, being offered no food or water. We did not know if we were in the right queue, everyone we asked didnt know. When we finally got to the check in area we found airport staff had been cutting into the front of the line with several passports taking priority over the people who had been queuing over 10 hours. The girl at the desk didnt know how to use the computer and kept having to ask for assistance. We were told our only option was wait 5 days for the next flight or to turn up each day and be added to a lottery for any spare seats that might arise. I asked to be put on a different airline but was refused. I asked for help with a hotel, also refused. By now it was almost midnight, we had not eaten since we left our hotel around 9 am and were now stranded in Manila for 5 days. Eventually we found a hotel, although that is a different story. We did fly back 5 days later, however the inflight entertainment didnt work properly. The food was adequate, slightly more edible than the food on the way there. I felt let down by Philippine Airlines and all my protestations since have been met with claims that it was not their fault. The Xiamen airline crash may not have been their fault, how we were treated at Manila Airport was. We had no information, no food, no water, no accomodation and no help.
RouteManila to London
Date FlownAugust 2018

"high standard of service"

Trip Verified | Puerto Princesa to Melbourne via Manila. My husband and I plus a couple of our good friends were very much impressed with an excellent customer service we received from the cabin crews from our fight to Manila last 16 Aug 2018. This was not a one off experience as the service we received from our flight to Puerto Princesa, Palawan and our return flight back to Melbourne on 14 Sept 2018 were exceptionally good as well. PAL had gone a long way from the ground support all the way to the food selection and cabin service which made our trips a memorable one. Apart from no inflight entertainment on our flight to Manila only (thankfully we did get one on our return trip to Melbourne) this did not deter us from giving a higher rating to PAL. May we also commend the pilots for a near perfect Take Off & Landing of our planes. Congratulations PAL! We will continue to fly with you for as long as you continue to provide the expected quality and high standard of service.
AircraftA330 / A320
RoutePuerto Princesa to Melbourne via Manila
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Food was above my expectations"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Return flight PR654 Manila-Riyadh in Premium Economy on Seat 22D. The flight left Manila and arrived into Riyadh on time. The arrival time to Riyadh has always been my preference for taking this airline. Flight attendants service was excellent. Food was above my expectations. And finally, passengers in the economy class were reminded to use the lavatory in their area and never use the premium economy section lavatory as economy passengers queue at the lavatory thus hindering the flight attendants access to the galley and the back part of the plane. All in all, PAL has always delivered well in this sector. The airline has improved a lot and keeping up its 4 stars status.
AircraftA330-300
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteManila to Riyadh

"Service was excellent"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Flew August 21, 2018 on PR655 Premium Economy. Flight was slightly delayed due to the landing problems at the Manila International Airport caused by Xiamen Airlines landing accident. Everyone in the Premium Economy cabin where I was seated were served well by the flight attendant assigned to our area. Service was excellent. PAL flights in the middle east has IFE, and you can use your own tablet or phone by downloading the My PAL app in Google apps. Flight arrived as scheduled.
AircraftA330-300
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteRiyadh to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Flight crew was the best"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Bangkok. Terminal needs to be improved. Flight was on time. Ground service was ok. Flight crew was the best. Food was decent but needs to be improved. Aircraft was new.
RouteManila to Bangkok
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"The legroom was so small"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Tokyo Narita. I was disappointed with the aircraft used. The legroom was so small so it was really hard for me to pass and go to the toilet. No in-flight entertainment and there wasn't a television in the economy class for us to see the information during our flight.
RouteManila to Tokyo Narita