Philippine Airlines

"haven't received any refund"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | London to Kuala Lumpur via Manila. Was meant to fly from London to Kuala Lumpur with a 2-hour layover in Manila. 1 day before the flight, Philippine Airlines sent out a notification saying the original 2-hour layover has been changed to a 12 hour one, overnight. As I was rushing to make last-minute arrangements due to their change, I asked them if they could provide me with free accommodation in Manila airport, being a solo female traveller. After hours of calling them from London, and being put on hold and passed from one person to another, and even up till the day of my travel, they were not able to confirm anything with me. No compensation nor accommodation. In the end, I cancelled the flight as they said they would be able to refund this in full. It is now 1 month and 1 week after the flight and I still haven't received any refund in my bank account. I received a notification saying the refund had been processed and would take up to 30 days to be reflected in my account. 30 days have come and gone and still nothing. No responses to emails. When I called up Philippine Airlines, I was put on hold and passed from person to person, each time repeating the history of my case. When I asked for proof that the refund had gone through, the line was cut.
RouteLondon to Kuala Lumpur via Manila
Date FlownMarch 2020

"found that I do have excess baggage"

Trip Verified | Manila to Bacolod. Bought an excess baggage before hand. Upon check-in the staff told me that I don’t have one. After conversation, finally the Supervisor I assume found that I do have excess baggage.
RouteManila to Bacolod
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Japan flight is non refundable"

Trip Verified | We were forced to cancel our Philippine Airline flight from Manila to Osaka. We were shocked when were told by our agent that the Japan flight is non refundable and non cancellable based on PALS policy and would have to pay $350 rebooking fee for our cancelled flight from San Francisco to Manila. Philippine Airlines in refusing to give refunds for travel cancellations. It is a sound and reasoned business practice to refund cancelled trips specially in times of crisis and the passenger is left with no choice at all.
RouteSan Francisco to Osaka via Manila
Date FlownMarch 2020

"flight no longer plausible for me"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Manila. Due to lock down in Manila because of coronavirus my flight was no longer plausible for me. No rebook option was offered. After multiple phone calls I was charged a $250 cancellation fee, and a $125 no show fee for a flight that I did not even board. The phone agent frequently stated how sorry he was but had to follow the airlines policy for coronavirus. Shame on you PAL.
RouteVancouver to Manila

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Manila in December 2019. Delayed flight, terrible customer service, zero follow up from customer care agency. I was notified of a 12 hour flight delay just 2 hours prior to my flight. This caused a ripple effect of missed flights and headaches. This airline gave us a free hotel in manila, but the hotel was very unclean.
RouteVancouver to Manila
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Great service"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Nagoya. Great service. Spacious cabin with unexpectedly enough legroom that even passengers by the window can get out without the aisle passenger getting up. Surprisingly has a personalized TV.
AircraftA321-200 Neo
RouteManila to Nagoya

"splendid travel experience"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to London. I just want to take some time to give this splendid travel experience a great review. It was my first time to ride Philippine Airlines because I needed a direct flight going to London. Due to the unfortunate reason of Corona Virus. Check in counter staff was very nice to give me the seat along the middle row. Instructions were given clearly as well. They are not very strict with in terms of baggage allowance and they will assist you to solve luggage problems. I am happy how the crew provided services and very attentive to the passengers needs. They have hot towels, personal hygiene kit, very good touch screen telly, and nice movies as well. I was able to sleep properly and the lights are very beautiful. They have the most delicious food inside the aircraft. I have commend all the Filipino Crew who were true to their job. Id also like to thank Jan for being very sensitive to others need and for making my PAL experience memorable. Thanks Philippine Airlines. Im looking forward to flying with you again and again.
RouteManila to London
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"there was no place to smoke"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Bali via Manila. When landing in Manila the plane aborted the first attempt to land and had to circle around for 10 minutes. Manila Airport had the slowest transfer I have experienced, one security for multiple flights. We had a 2,5 hour transfer time and came to the gate Just when they opened for boarding. And there was no place to smoke. On the flight Manila to Bali there was no inflight entertainment.
RouteTokyo to Bali via Manila
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Inflight crew were kind and accommodating"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Iloilo to Manila with Philippine Airlines. Check-in was fast and the aircraft arrived on time. Seat is comfortable with enough leg room. IFE is not working on our flight though they used to work on the previous flight I’ve flown - understandable for a short flight. We were offered two choices of sandwiches - chicken sausage and bbq. Due to shortages, I got the latter which was actually good. Water, two choices of juice, three kinds of soda, tea and coffee was offered as well. Inflight crew were kind and accommodating. Arrived earlier than scheduled and we were parked at the bay for a couple of minutes die to shuttle buses were not there yet. Baggage claim went smoothly.
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"this airline has improved"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Tokyo Narita. This time and also for the flight going back, it was enjoyable and efficient for the flight. The space is very decent and the crew is easy to talk to, polite and professional. My only complaints on the flight itself are food and entertainment. The mains and desserts are tasty but I didn't finish the meal on both flights. Inflight console is just ok. Good amount of movies but I would've appreciated more airline content or maybe about the place I'm traveling to etc. On ground, I o find the queuing quite slow. I think it has more to do with them bunching up the opening on counters close to their other flights. Overall, a great option for the right prices and times when convenient to you! Although I would have another first choice, this airline has improved from my past experiences.
RouteManila to Tokyo Narita