Philippine Airlines

Philippine Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Dumaguete to Manila. The flight got delayed in Manila for 1 hour, without details after the delay happened. . Very tight seats and my air conditioning was very poor. A small bag of cookies and water available.
RouteDumaguete to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2019

"after sales service seems to be non-existent"

(New Zealand)

Not Verified | Manila to Melbourne. Great service on-board. Staff were professional and accommodating. Just mainly commenting on after sales service which seems to be non-existent. Phone lines are a pain to deal with as it takes almost an hour to get through and service agents dont seem to bother to answer more inquisitive answers. Won't even get started on their facebook chat. Social media person is just horrible to deal with.
RouteManila to Melbourne
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"didn't bother to check on me"

Trip Verified | Honolulu to Manila. They ran out of the menu of my choice (told him no problem) and just requested for a can of soda but he said he will just refill my cup as if they're running out of soda. And to add to my dismay he didn't bother to check on me when he came back and ignored me As a frequent PAL flier I usually had an awesome experience rendered by the cabin crew.
RouteHonolulu to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2019

"love flying Philippine Airlines"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Manila. I love flying with Philippine Airlines, I feel safe. I’ve tried traveling with other airlines and Philippine Airlines has a lot to boot when it comes to overall air travel experience in terms of safety, in-flight entertainment and service.
RouteBangkok to Manila
Date FlownOctober 2019

"cannot change my seat online"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Manila. I cannot change my seat online as the seat map is not available all the time. It would have been better for all parties if rebooking, etc can be done online so their phone system is not overwhlemed. It was hard for my partner to book using miles because it could not be done online. We had to call their 1-800 number and it took forever for someone to answer. Their customer service is not competitive as other airlines I have flown with. The flight was okay but my seat was quite uncomfortable and my food was not good. The service was standard.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteSan Francisco to Manila
Date FlownJuly 2019

"the flight was okay"

Trip Verified | After traveling with Philippine Airlines for many years I find that Flight crews (FA's and Pursers) vary greatly. This crew was okay. What I didn't understand, nor did I like was the meal schedule for this flight. They decided to provide the second meal about two hours after the first meal. I asked about this on the flight and was told that "extreme turbulence" is expected two hours from Manila. Other than that the flight was okay.
AircraftA330-333
RouteHonolulu to Manila
Date FlownOctober 2019

"I have since received no reply"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I purchased a business class ticket from Philippine Airlines website for Manila to Davao return. The return sector was downgraded as there were no business class seats in the aircraft configuration. Philippine Airlines offered me a Php 7000 voucher for use on Philippine Airlines domestic travel within 6 months. I refused this offer as I live in Thailand and rarely travel by Philippines Airlines. I wrote to Philippine Customer Services in early May and received a reply in late June, asking me if I had accepted the voucher. I replied stating that I had not, and asked that Philippine Airlines instead reimburse my credit card that I used for payment. I have since received no reply.
RouteDavao to Manila
Date FlownMay 2019

"bags arrived 24 hours from arrival"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Los Angeles via Manila. Everything is good for the airplane but for Bags delayed the customer services failed. First its their fault cannot make it during 1 hour transit at Manila which is this scheduled made by them. Then on that time they didn’t give us any basic kit set or give any compensation clothes to us. Just give us the promise our baggage they will bring around 2 pm next day. We need to wait for the bags. And then the bags arrived at 7.30 pm which is 24 hours from our arrival time at LAX. When i email them about compensation they ignored. Fine. They don’t want to take the responsibility for apologies so I’ll try claim insurance. Then I emailed for the information on the acknowledgment received bag for insurance claim purposed until now I didn’t get it. It’s really make us angry. Very bad customer services.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Los Angeles via Manila
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Average business class service"

Trip Verified | Average business class service. Cabin, food and service is average. Poor leg space for a lie flat service. Entertainment is poor. The worst ground service I have come across. You are required to clear security and clear your luggage during transit. This takes 2 hours and is absolute chaos. You have to push your way through to walk through a single security screen, only to wait for another line to clear your luggage. The ordeal lasts for 2 hours and is harrowing. The business class lounge in Manila is below average. The shower was broken. I received a casual and vague response that it has been reported 2 weeks ago. Food is limited and average. Would not waste business class dollars on this sub standard service.
RouteBrisbane to Manila

"service greatly improved"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Manila to Riyadh. Philippine Airlines are doing all their best to achieve 5-Star rating in the coming years and I think they are on the right track. First, service both on ground and on-board greatly improved. Second, with the acquisition of state-of-the-art planes for European and American flights. However, there are things I noticed that are on the decline like the meals for the Middle Eastern routes, the fruit is gone, replaced with non-healthy alternative - chocolates & some buns. They probably did this for convenience which I believe is not a good idea. Pilots are good, cabin attendants cheerful. Power outlet in every seat is a life saver especially when you watch movies via MyPal player.
AircraftA330-300