Philippine Airlines

"Excellent service and great food"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Cebu. Excellent service and great food selection in a business class in such a short flight. Check-in was fast and convenient, except that my other luggage was off-loaded last at the destination, instead of the two checked-in luggage to be on “priority”.
AircraftA321-200
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownSeptember 2019

16th September 2019 : Philippine Airlines response

Hi, Doug! Thank you for your kind words. We're glad to hear that you've enjoyed your flight despite having your luggage off-loaded. Please let us apologize as well for the inconvenience that this has caused. We'll have your reported experience forwarded to the concerned offices for their service enhancement. We hope to see you again soon!

"refusing to refund me"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | In February 2019, I bought a combined business/economy class return ticket from Manila to Delhi for Christmas 2019. For extra legroom on the economy flight on the outward leg, I paid an extra 60 USD. The ticket cost me a total of 808 USD, comprising 748 USD for the flights and 60 USD for the extra legroom seats. However, within the space of just a few weeks, PAL sent me an email to state that my flights had inexplicably been cancelled and I should contact them by phone for a full refund. No further explanation was offered. It took a long time to reach one of their customer service agents by phone, and when I did so, they were far from helpful. After an initial complaint, a customer service agent wrote to me on April 1, 2019, stating that she would be personally helping me with my claim. I have since written to her on 9 separate occasions, but have never heard from her again. Eventually, after over 2 months of unanswered correspondence, PAL finally refunded the 748 USD I paid for the flights. To this day, PAL are refusing to refund me for the 60 USD they charged mefor a seat on a flight which they cancelled.
RouteManila to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2018

16th September 2019 : Philippine Airlines response

Hi, S Lane. Oh no! We're truly sorry to hear about this. This is certainly not the experience we want you to have with us. On your seat change, please do note that this may be due to an aircraft change. However, we assure you that we wouldn't change your flight unless it was deemed necessary to do so. Regarding your refund request, may we kindly request that you send us a private message through Facebook (www.facebook.com/PhilippineAirlines) so we can have this followed-up from your handling officer? Thank you and our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Philippine Airlines customer review

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Incheon via Manila. Service is quite okay but the plane used was in bad condition. The seats are very narrow, back rest was hard. Seat did not recline, was dirty and it seems they did not clean it before the flight. Too bad they used the old A330 which makes you feel like flying a budget airline.
RouteIncheon via Manila
Date FlownAugust 2019

16th September 2019 : Philippine Airlines response

Hi, R Valerio! We're truly sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the condition of the aircraft that was utilized on your flight with us. We'll have your feedback forwarded to the concerned offices for their attention and service enhancement. Despite this, we hope that you'll give us another chance to delight you in your future travels.

"flight was very pleasant"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Manila to Riyadh. Seated at 22D which used to be Premium Economy. Return flight to Riyadh was very pleasant. Flight was not full specially in my section where we were about 4 passengers only. So all of us used the 3 seats since it was a 3-3-3 configuration to lay flat on our backs. Upon take-off lunch was served and all the snacks after that were given ahead since we were only four passengers, and a cabin crew made the rounds asking if we want to drink specially if you are watching IFE. The flight was quite bumpy since we have to pass through some monsoon clouds in our flight path. Overall, again the flight experience was okay. We arrived at our destination an hour ahead of schedule. I advise that you bring a jacket or sweater on this flight since the cabin I was in was quite cold.
AircraftA330-300
RouteManila to Riyadh
Date FlownJune 2019

"I love travelling by Philippine Airlines"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Riyadh to Manila. In this area of the plane (used to be Premium Economy) you have to pay additional price for the seat. Flight was full as always due to the upcoming 4 days holiday in Saudi Arabia. Flight was smooth, Cabin Crew were always on their toes and moving around specially in my area. Configuration was 3-3-3. It was good that the pilot reminded the passengers to use the lavatory within their section, and thus the lavatory in this area was only used by passengers in my section. In flight entertainment was okay by using My Pal Player, and make sure you have the 3 pin charger to have your tablet or phone charged while watching the IFE. There is port under the seat right side (on my seat). Overall, I love travelling by Philippine Airlines. We arrived on time, although departed Riyadh a little bit late since the plane prior to our flight (Kuwait Airways) that is using our gate as well was delayed so we were brought to our plane by bus.
AircraftA330-300
RouteRiyadh to Manila
Date FlownJune 2019

"cabin staff were outstanding"

Trip Verified | The non-stop flight from New York to Manila was smooth, the cabin staff were outstanding and the food was so-so. My problem started when I was waiting for my checked baggage in the carousel and saw that my duffel bag was slashed exposing the box inside and some of the contents in it. I went to the complain counter and staff wrote down the information. He asked for my email address, made me sign the paper and gave a photo copy of it with the phone number of PAL's claim dept. I called the phone numbers he gave me but no answer.
RouteNew York to Manila
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"unjust and uncaring"

Trip Verified | Poor custom resolution and horrific in-flight service. Unsanitary seats, exposed to biohazards. Philippines Airlines does not compare to ANA or Korean Air. Ratings say it all on Skytrax. The passenger in front of me vomited all over the seats in front of me. The vomit leaked through the seats and piled up on my carry-on bag tucked under the seat in front of me. A putrid, sour odour overtook our seating area. Unknowingly, I reached for my carry-on to grab some snacks and found a coat of liquid all over my hands, which transferred over to my lap easily. After smelling it, I was well aware it was vomit. With another 10 hours left in flight, I knew this had to be cleaned up or my nausea would've caused another vomiting incident. The flight attendants did not offer to clear the area and clean it. Proper airlines would have had the required cleaning agents and sanitized and deodorized the area as it is a biohazard that exposes fellow passengers to health risks. Empathy would have been appreciated knowing I had 10 hours left to fly in such an awful predicament! Moreover, I had to ask the flight attendant for wet towels and bags four times, stressing each time how much vomit I was dealing with, only to receive a few each and every time. Half of my carry on holding my snacks and documents were tossed out due to having traces of vomit on it. I also had to sit with my legs up on my seat for 10 hours since I could not extend my legs under my seat due to the vomit. I wreaked of vomit as well. When I contacted their customer resolution detailing my horrific flight and asking for a refund, it took them months to get a final response - a lot of "I hope you can be assured we are looking into this matter." Finally I received no resolution in their final email with a refusal to compensate me in any way. Not even a voucher! I am not one known to be a complaining consumer, but the way this was handled in-flight and from a custom resolution perspective is unjust and uncaring. Try Cathay Pacific or Japan Airlines. This is no professional or compassionate airline.
RoutePhilippines to Toronto
Date FlownApril 2019

"commend the staff on board"

Trip Verified | Manila to Cebu. I like to commend the staff on board, the were very prompt and helpful in every way. The seat was not so special, the same as other airlines, in legroom, pitch, etc. What I love of Philippine Airlines is the feeling of being welcomed aboard. I have that they will improve more on the inflight entertainment.
AircraftA321-231
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"flight got delayed"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Hong Kong via Manila. Very bad customer service, the flight got delayed in Dubai 1 hour and in Manila 5 hours, going back delayed for 2 hours. Very tight seats and air conditioning very poor .
RouteDubai to Hong Kong via Manila
Date FlownMay 2019

"cabin was clean and comfortable"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Manila with Philippine Airlines. I loved the inflight service, the cabin crews were very helpful. With the price for the business class, worth it. The cabin was clean and comfortable.
AircraftA330-343