Peruvian Airlines

"canceled without notice"

Not Verified | The flight was canceled without any notice. They offer no replacement solution and no refund at all. They are the only airline to link Bolivia to Peru so there was no other way to go to Cusco other than a 12 hours bus ride. I missed my connection and had to pay a thousand dollars ticket to go back home and miss a day at work. This is scandalous, never book Peruvian Airlines.
RouteLa Paz to Cusco
Date FlownDecember 2018

"airline is a headache"

Trip Verified | Our flight from Cusco to Lima was cancelled without warning because of "weather". It was lightly raining, and no other airlines were experiencing delays or cancellations. When pressed, the agent admitted additional restrictions are placed only on Peruvian Airlines by the government. Their airplanes are all over 25 years old, and they have experienced multiple accidents in recent years, which is likely why they are unable to fly when conditions are not optimal. The airline could not confirm when the next flight would be, refused to rebook us on another reputable airline, nor would they refund our ticket. The website also doesn't allow you to check in from a mobile device. Don't be caught by the low prices, this airline is a headache at best, and dangerous at worst.
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Avoid at all costs!"

Not Verified | On 25.4.19 we booked our flight for a 3-day trip to Arequipa from Lima with Peruvian. The flight got canceled due to bad weather - that happens. The "solution" Peruvian offered was a flight 2 days later! No compensation for the lost time, the extra effort, the missed tours, not even a hotel to stay for the night or transport. It was 11pm when the flight got canceled (announcement was Spanish only, just FYI) and midnight until we could leave the airport. Well, thanks for that. Peruvian is a mere joke of an airline, on behalf the customer. Avoid at all costs!
RouteLima to Arequipa
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"worst airline I've taken"

Trip Verified | I chose Peruvian as the main way to travel in South America, we booked 3 flights: Lima to Arequipa, Cusco to La Paz, La Paz to Lima. all 3 flights got canceled and for 2 of them, there isn't any alternative flights to replace. The worst thing is they didn't inform the cancellation of the first flight at all and they inform the second and third ones less than 12h. We had no choice to change our travel plan and even had to book another flight back to Lima to catch the flight back to LA. We went to the office trying to get the refund and compensation but all the information we got is to send a mail to get the refund (including their original cancellation mails). On their term and condition, they will proceed the refund within 20 days but my first mail was out more than 20 days, I still got nothing. Two of my friends got an autoreply mail asking them to submit the refund with a URL but that URL doesn't work with any browsers. No one answer the customer service call. It just make people feel they are trying ignore all the refund requests. The reason why they couldn't do the second and third flight is because they had an incident while landing in La Paz but the incident happened on 11/22 and our flights are on 11/25 and 11/29. they don't event try to let the passengers aware the situation to make any changes. This is definitely the worst airline I've taken. I lost my original trip plan, booked transportation, hotel and spend more because of them but they don't event try to comfort us.
RouteLima to La Paz via Arequipa
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Will never fly again!"

Trip Verified | Peruvian Airlines is the worst airline I have booked with till date. 2 flights have been cancelled in last 5 days without any notification. My Cusco to La Paz flight was the worst thing as there is no other direct option on this route, which meant I had to buy a last minute flight through Lima at a massive cost. Peruvian Airline first offered us to take us to La Paz through a bus which later didn’t happen as they claimed there was a protest in one of the town enroute. Will never fly again!
RouteCusco to La Paz
Date FlownNovember 2018

"aircraft over half empty"

Trip Verified | Cusco to Lima. On October 18 I approached the desk of Peruvian air to ask if I could fly on that day instead of the ticket date, the attendant said there is no problem and directed me to their office. At the airport, I went there and the clerk said there is no problem, she informed me that I would have to pay a 47 dollar rebooking fee to which I agreed. soon after she spoke to a supervisor she ask me to comeback at 2 PM and confirm the flight, I agreed even though I wanted to pay for the rebooking then and there she refused to accept my payment and asked me to come back at two because there was a probability that the flight was going to be cancelled. I came back five minutes to two and waited, finally, after I went the front desk and asked for assistance they told me that the person at the office was late coming back from lunch, so I waited and the clerk showed at 2:25 PM and went in to his office to open the computer site, It took about ten minutes and, mind you the flight was to depart around 3:20 Pm he spent about 15 minutes supposingly checking the flight load factor. He finally told me that the flight was fully booked and there were two unclaimed seats that he could book me on if I pay 151 extra dollars. I paid up. Proceeded to the gate, went onboard, sat in the assigned seat and waited to feel how lucky I had been to get a seat not minding the price I had to pay. Waiting for the door to close and the rest to the people come on board I was surprised that the aircraft was over half empty.
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Use with extreme caution"

Trip Verified | Cusco to Lima. I would not suggest using this airline at all. They will bump your seats or cancel the flight without any warning. There is a lack of communication and transparency. Nor do they have any empathy. Use them with extreme caution as they are not reliable which can interrupt other flights and travel plans which can be very costly. LATAM seems to be more efficient and reliable.
Date FlownAugust 2018

"caused me so many problems"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Pucallpa to Lima. This has been my worst experience with an airline. I was traveling from Pucallpa on 24th July 2018 to Lima. The flight should have been at 16:10 and I was at the airport more than two hours before the flight. When I arrived together with my friends, my flight was not listed on the departure screens, and when finally the Peruvian staff got available, I was informed, that there was a delay 5 hours. However, I was checked in and knew I would not make my connection flight from Lima back to Europe at 8PM. I was forced to buy a new ticket, which cost me 700 USD. Not only that the new flight got me too late for my work and I lost a customer because of this. At the airport - the staff did not know any information about the flight nor the plane nor even when there would be the departure. Instead, we kept being promised (lied) that the flight will depart another hour later and later on again and again. In the end, the flight departed only at 23:45. This caused me so many problems with no compensation whatsoever, no apology, no support at the airport, no interest in the customer. This was for the last time I used services of this airline.
RoutePucallpa to Lima
Date FlownJuly 2018

"delay and lack of service"

Not Verified | Cuzco to Lima. "Puntualidad y Servicio" meaning punctuality and service? I had neither. My flight was delayed over 1.5 hours and there were no announcements made in the Cuzco airport. Nothing on the screen displays. No online status update, not even the option to check flight status on the Peruvian Airlines website. I spoke to a Peruvian airlines rep in the airport multiple times, in English and Spanish, and she could not tell me what was going on or when the flight was expected to land. I told her I had an international transfer in Lima along with checked luggage. All she could do was give me the "yikes" look and there was nothing else to do. While boarding the flight, the flight attendants took down all of my information and tried very hard to get something worked out ("perhaps Peruvian airlines can reimburse you for your missed flight" etc). The same unhelpful airport rep as previously mentioned came aboard and told me that she sent an email to Peruvian Airlines staff in Lima and that once I landed, they would help me. Upon landing, I went to the Peruvian Airlines desk, and they had no idea who I was and were completely unhelpful stating "I don't know how they do it in the Cuzco, there's nothing we can do." I ended up having to spend $300+ changing my connecting flight, taking a taxi, and paying for hotel accommodations due to this delay and lack of service. I will never fly with Peruvian Airlines again and would not recommend anyone else do so.
RouteCuzco to Lima
Date FlownMay 2018

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | La Paz to Lima. Worst experience ever. They were late by 3 hours due to 'weather issues', which, we learned later, were just light rain and to really poor organisation. They said we would be fine for our connexion and that they would do the necessary arrangements for us at Lima. But they didn't. First lie. Then they said we would be reimbursed our missed flight. Second lie, we never were! They let us down at Lima with no flight options, no help whatsoever, they just didn't care at all. We had to buy new ticket to get out of there for a high price. I can't believe this happened but we weren't alone, many people were in the same situation as us. This seems like a very well organised fraud. Never ever fly with them if you have other options.
RouteLa Paz to Lima