Peruvian Airlines

"aircraft over half empty"

Trip Verified | Cusco to Lima. On October 18 I approached the desk of Peruvian air to ask if I could fly on that day instead of the ticket date, the attendant said there is no problem and directed me to their office. At the airport, I went there and the clerk said there is no problem, she informed me that I would have to pay a 47 dollar rebooking fee to which I agreed. soon after she spoke to a supervisor she ask me to comeback at 2 PM and confirm the flight, I agreed even though I wanted to pay for the rebooking then and there she refused to accept my payment and asked me to come back at two because there was a probability that the flight was going to be cancelled. I came back five minutes to two and waited, finally, after I went the front desk and asked for assistance they told me that the person at the office was late coming back from lunch, so I waited and the clerk showed at 2:25 PM and went in to his office to open the computer site, It took about ten minutes and, mind you the flight was to depart around 3:20 Pm he spent about 15 minutes supposingly checking the flight load factor. He finally told me that the flight was fully booked and there were two unclaimed seats that he could book me on if I pay 151 extra dollars. I paid up. Proceeded to the gate, went onboard, sat in the assigned seat and waited to feel how lucky I had been to get a seat not minding the price I had to pay. Waiting for the door to close and the rest to the people come on board I was surprised that the aircraft was over half empty.
RouteCusco to Lima
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Use with extreme caution"

Trip Verified | Cusco to Lima. I would not suggest using this airline at all. They will bump your seats or cancel the flight without any warning. There is a lack of communication and transparency. Nor do they have any empathy. Use them with extreme caution as they are not reliable which can interrupt other flights and travel plans which can be very costly. LATAM seems to be more efficient and reliable.
RouteCusco to Lima
Date FlownAugust 2018

"caused me so many problems"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Pucallpa to Lima. This has been my worst experience with an airline. I was traveling from Pucallpa on 24th July 2018 to Lima. The flight should have been at 16:10 and I was at the airport more than two hours before the flight. When I arrived together with my friends, my flight was not listed on the departure screens, and when finally the Peruvian staff got available, I was informed, that there was a delay 5 hours. However, I was checked in and knew I would not make my connection flight from Lima back to Europe at 8PM. I was forced to buy a new ticket, which cost me 700 USD. Not only that the new flight got me too late for my work and I lost a customer because of this. At the airport - the staff did not know any information about the flight nor the plane nor even when there would be the departure. Instead, we kept being promised (lied) that the flight will depart another hour later and later on again and again. In the end, the flight departed only at 23:45. This caused me so many problems with no compensation whatsoever, no apology, no support at the airport, no interest in the customer. This was for the last time I used services of this airline.
RoutePucallpa to Lima
Date FlownJuly 2018

"delay and lack of service"

Not Verified | Cuzco to Lima. "Puntualidad y Servicio" meaning punctuality and service? I had neither. My flight was delayed over 1.5 hours and there were no announcements made in the Cuzco airport. Nothing on the screen displays. No online status update, not even the option to check flight status on the Peruvian Airlines website. I spoke to a Peruvian airlines rep in the airport multiple times, in English and Spanish, and she could not tell me what was going on or when the flight was expected to land. I told her I had an international transfer in Lima along with checked luggage. All she could do was give me the "yikes" look and there was nothing else to do. While boarding the flight, the flight attendants took down all of my information and tried very hard to get something worked out ("perhaps Peruvian airlines can reimburse you for your missed flight" etc). The same unhelpful airport rep as previously mentioned came aboard and told me that she sent an email to Peruvian Airlines staff in Lima and that once I landed, they would help me. Upon landing, I went to the Peruvian Airlines desk, and they had no idea who I was and were completely unhelpful stating "I don't know how they do it in the Cuzco, there's nothing we can do." I ended up having to spend $300+ changing my connecting flight, taking a taxi, and paying for hotel accommodations due to this delay and lack of service. I will never fly with Peruvian Airlines again and would not recommend anyone else do so.
RouteCuzco to Lima
Date FlownMay 2018

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | La Paz to Lima. Worst experience ever. They were late by 3 hours due to 'weather issues', which, we learned later, were just light rain and to really poor organisation. They said we would be fine for our connexion and that they would do the necessary arrangements for us at Lima. But they didn't. First lie. Then they said we would be reimbursed our missed flight. Second lie, we never were! They let us down at Lima with no flight options, no help whatsoever, they just didn't care at all. We had to buy new ticket to get out of there for a high price. I can't believe this happened but we weren't alone, many people were in the same situation as us. This seems like a very well organised fraud. Never ever fly with them if you have other options.
RouteLa Paz to Lima
Date FlownJuly 2017

"horribly disappointing experience"

Trip Verified | La Paz to Lima via Cusco. I chose Peruvian Airlines as it was the only flight that suited my schedule. When we arrived at the La Paz International Airport, we queued in line for 1.5 hours even though there was only about 20 people in front of us. Once we reached the front, we were informed that there would be a delay of 2 hours. Having flown Peruvian a few times, this was not unexpected. However, after waiting in the gate area for about 3 hours, a staff member came to inform us that the flight was cancelled and we were to proceed back to the check in counter to claim our luggage. Many passengers, me included, had connections in Lima and needed to reach Lima ASAP. However the earliest flight that they were able to schedule was the next day and many of us were forced to miss our connections as the incompetence of the airline meant that they were not even able to put us on Avianca or Latam flights. Communication was poor throughout this process and the staff even had the nerve to ask me to take a 12 hour bus ride and a flight the subsequent morning from Cusco - even though this did not gurantee any of us being able to make the onward connections from Lima. Overall a horribly disappointing experience and if you have any option other than Peruvian Airlines, I highly recommend that you choose to exercise that option.
RouteLa Paz to Lima via Cusco
Date FlownDecember 2017

"is a bit of a joke"

Verified Review | Lima to Arequipa. I have to agree with most of the reviews on this website in saying that Peruvian Airlines is a bit of a joke. I booked with them because they were about 20$ less than their competitors but regretted it when I arrived at the airport and confusingly was put on standby (I bought the ticket the week before). The seat was obviously given to another passenger. Lesson learnt. Words of advice: guys just pay the extra 20$ to arrive at your destination as planned. The new flight they gave me was the next day. Luckily I was somewhat flexible but sadly their staff for whatever reason were absolutely unapologetic and basically said it was my own fault-but how? When I informed my Peruvian friends I was traveling Peruvian Air Line they pre-warned me (using language I cannot write here) that the company was very badly organized. Naturally I assumed it would be fine but I would like to warn fellow travelers about my experience and I will also add that the airline is frequently late, the online checkin does not work-even if you download their app, calling to check in before which I also tried is impossible and finally at the airport (which is usually very busy) their staff have zero presence other than at the check in desk. All of the other airlines had a representative on hand. Usually I'm a bit more forgiving but my experience on this occasion was in my opinion completely unacceptable. I have travelled with Peruvian before but do not intend to book with them in the future. Very poor job Peruvian Airways.
RouteLima to Arequipa
Date FlownJuly 2017

"you get what you pay for"

(Bolivia)

Unverified | La Paz to Lima via Cuzco. It's ironic that their slogan is "punctuality is our thing" while the only thing they can never get right is being on time. So if you have a connection flight that same day avoid this airline. In my case the flight was delayed "only" 1 hour so my connection with Copa scheduled 6 hours after the scheduled arrival went without problems, but as a regular user of La Paz airport I have seen flights delayed up to 6 hours(wich makes me a lucky man). The planes are quite old and doesn't look much taken care of, and the leg room is the smallest I have ever seen (and that includes regional jets!), their staff are ok, as long as you speak spanish(wich can cause problems in the stop in Cuzco and their crazy costums and inmigration proceedings) and the onboard service is ok taking count the trips are just an hour long each leg. Maybe is a case of you get what you pay for as their fares are most of the time much cheaper than LATAM or Avianca
RouteLa Paz to Lima via Cuzco
Date FlownOctober 2016

"staff seemed very disinterested"

Verified Review | Flew Peruvian Airlines from Arequipa to Lima. Departure was only slightly delayed (10 minutes). Plane was old, with uncomfortable seats. This was a short flight and OK overall, however staff seemed very disinterested and even rude (i.e. attendant sneered at me when I asked for milk in my coffee and generally smirked the whole way). The price was also quite high I find for a short trip. For these reasons I would choose another airline.
RouteArequipa to Lima
Date FlownApril 2017

"Peruvian Airlines are appalling"

Verified Review | Cuzco to Lima. Peruvian Airlines are appalling. First, my flight from Cuzco to Lima was delayed, causing me to miss my connecting Copa/United flight in Lima to New York City. I was aware this was going to happen, so enquired in Cuzco itself about being put on another flight, but that didn't happen. The Peruvian staff put me on the delayed flight anyway, saying that there were 20 other people with the same connecting flight as me, and that "Copa might wait" (Copa did no such thing). When I get to Lima at 1pm, it takes me over an hour at the counter to wait for a staffer to replace the Lima-NYC flight I missed. Copa/United didn't have flights before 2am the next day, so I figured Peruvian would do better at replacing my ticket on another airline, than I would replacing it myself through United. Instead, the woman handling my case comes back after an hour and sends me off to a hotel to wait for a call at 9pm to confirm my flying out with Copa at 2am on the same flight I had enquired with United about. Come 9pm, nothing happens. I call the number she gave me and received someone on the other line telling me to "wait for their call". I call back again at 11pm, and they said that I will likely only fly out the next day in the afternoon and would confirm at 9am. Call them at 9am, they said they were still waiting for a confirmation from United and would get one by 2pm. By 11am I had had enough and contacted United myself and begged them to let me replace my missed flight with no charge. I got a flight out for 10:30pm that night. Peruvian still hadn't contacted me by 8pm when I checked out of the hotel. This was yesterday, for me and I am pretty sure Peruvian would have happily let me fester in that hotel room for a week while they do god knows what with their time. Bottom line is, this is an airline to be avoided at all costs. They are so incompetent that you are very likely to encounter a delay or lost luggage. I would have happily paid double just to avoid this mess.
RouteCuzco to Lima