Peach Aviation

"know nothing about student visa"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Sapporo to Taipei. I’m disappointed that the staff seems like know nothing about student visa. They were questioning my visa, when I have Japanese resident card! Can I even become a student in japan if my visa is invalid? They keep opening their manual book, calling the other staff just to make sure my visa is valid. I showed them my resident card but they still wanted visa sticker, stating that I will stay for X years. That is written in my resident card.
RouteSapporo to Taipei
Date FlownNovember 2019

"does a good job"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Hong Kong. I have flown Peach several times now. It is a low cost airline, but it does a good job. Ground and cabin staff are nice, the seats are not particularly comfortable and have small legroom space, but overall not too bad. For the price, it is definitely ok. This flight was on time, the ground staff at check-in was kind and gave me an emergency exit seat (lots of legroom, usually need to pay). The cabin attendant I spoke with went the extra mile to make sure I could buy the only sandwich left without meat.
RouteOsaka to Hong Kong
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Terrible customer service"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Seoul. Terrible customer service, not worth the cheap price. Next time, I'd rather pay extra money to fly with a reliable airline that offers better service and quality.
RouteTokyo to Seoul
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"cancelled because of a typhoon"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | One of the worst airlines. The flight from Ishigaki to Tokyo on 11th August was cancelled because of a typhoon, we tried to contact the company but nobody answered the calls and there is noway to have any news. We kept trying for the next day but nothing, ghost company with no customer service. After many tries my friend arrived to be in contact with someone and he has been told that there is no refund, not even in miles.
RouteIshigaki to Tokyo
Date FlownAugust 2019

"improve your carry-on policy"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Osaka. Peach Aviation have to improve your carry-on policy. I can understand if you have security issues that large objects would be an obstruction to go on full flights as carry-on but my object was a fragile guitar and the flight was half full. There was plenty of overhead locker space. Instead of telling the customer the size rules Peach Aviation would be more customer friendly in an agreement on negotiating a reasonable carry-on solution for guitars like most European airlines do.
RouteTokyo to Osaka
Date FlownMay 2019

"generally good management"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Hong Kong. I have flown with Peach for 3 times on the same route (Hong Kong Osaka). Comparing with other LCC my other Hong Kong friends use, I would say Peach provides comparable prices nd services. Of the 3 times I flew with Peach, 2 returning flights from Osaka were delayed for an hour, both due to airspace control of mainland China. Since many passengers carried several bags as handcarry items, Peach limited the number to 2 handcarry items per passengers, and there appeared to be less chaos in the overhead compartment now. Though poor backpackers like me prefers grabbing a bottle of green tea from the vending machine before boarding, drinks can be purchased on flight with cash (Japanese yen). Seat pitch is just as ridiculous as the other LCC. For the price of approximately one bento, you can upgrade to the exit rows, so your knees won't be poking the back of the previous passenger :) You cannot change seats while onboard the flight. The airline loses some revenue with this stubborness, but this certainly ensures order when the seats were already so crowded. I also appreciate that Peach has its announcements in Cantonese too, as its crew speaks mainly Japanese and English. Being a poor backpacker, I will still choose Peach over other LCCs, with generally good management and similar price points.
RouteOsaka to Hong Kong

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Osaka to Tokyo. Travelling Peach Airlines was terrible - not the flight - just the check in. In 30 years of flying airlines around the world, I have never been so humiliated and embarrassed because of the terrible way I was treated at Peach Aviation check in. Flight MM315 at 14:30 - Osaka to Tokyo. I only had 8 kg check in luggage and had paid for 20 kg. However the completely inflexible check in staff made me go to the side and tie my pillow in a little back pack, a small back pack and trolly together to make it one item as she said I paid for one item - I had paid for 20 kg and the weight of my check-in luggage was just 8 KG. Then she started on my hand luggage and made me take everything out of my front waist band and put it in my pockets like my wallet and passport - then my phone and camera had to go in my pockets - all in all to make my hand luggage 7 kg. What is the difference if it is in my purse, hand luggage or pocket as it all goes on board with me. After I went through all that humiliation and embarrassment and experienced the worst customer service I have ever experienced at Check In I walk around the corner and there is another Peach vulture employee there wanting to weigh my hand luggage - so that is twice I went through it Peach Aviation rude and horrible check in. I will never fly Peach Aviation ever again.
RouteOsaka to Tokyo

"Completely uncomfortable"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Fukuoka to Tokyo. Completely uncomfortable and full stupidity of the crew. Seat are so small I couldn't fit and I'm 190cm / 6ft 2. Could not sleep, could not work, could not eat. I asked to move to an exit row seat since there were 3 empty ones 3 rows before, but no. The stupidity of the flight attendants and their alienation to rules are stronger than common sense. I had to seat for 2 hours with my back completely twisted and my knees bothering my left neighbors.
RouteFukuoka to Tokyo
Date FlownApril 2019

"double pay to check in"

Trip Verified | New Chitose to Osaka. Went to add snow board baggage on the website, only had check in bags so I paid for all my bags. Get to the counter at the airport to be told that the snowboard bag could only be paid at the counter and that they weren’t going to put the money I already spent on the bag towards the snowboard which on their website doesn’t state anything about this. (maybe in the fine print), so I had to double pay to check in my snowboard bag. To add to this weight was only 20kgs when did that ever be a thing with sport equipment. To top it fly was late, stay away from budget airlines - ends up costing more then business class with a reputable airline.
RouteNew Chitose to Osaka
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Gave me a lot of attitude"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Okinawa to Taipei. I checked in at the counter and they charged me for extra luggage. I paid, then the check in staff tells me that I will not be able to board the flight due to a technicality. I asked for a refund on my luggage. I was told to contact the airline. I did. They argued with me. Gave me a lot of attitude. Finally the informed me that they would issue a refund for the luggage charge in the next 4 months. They told me that they are unable to confirm my refund by email.
RouteOkinawa to Taipei