Peach Aviation

"generally good management"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Hong Kong. I have flown with Peach for 3 times on the same route (Hong Kong Osaka). Comparing with other LCC my other Hong Kong friends use, I would say Peach provides comparable prices nd services. Of the 3 times I flew with Peach, 2 returning flights from Osaka were delayed for an hour, both due to airspace control of mainland China. Since many passengers carried several bags as handcarry items, Peach limited the number to 2 handcarry items per passengers, and there appeared to be less chaos in the overhead compartment now. Though poor backpackers like me prefers grabbing a bottle of green tea from the vending machine before boarding, drinks can be purchased on flight with cash (Japanese yen). Seat pitch is just as ridiculous as the other LCC. For the price of approximately one bento, you can upgrade to the exit rows, so your knees won't be poking the back of the previous passenger :) You cannot change seats while onboard the flight. The airline loses some revenue with this stubborness, but this certainly ensures order when the seats were already so crowded. I also appreciate that Peach has its announcements in Cantonese too, as its crew speaks mainly Japanese and English. Being a poor backpacker, I will still choose Peach over other LCCs, with generally good management and similar price points.
RouteOsaka to Hong Kong

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Osaka to Tokyo. Travelling Peach Airlines was terrible - not the flight - just the check in. In 30 years of flying airlines around the world, I have never been so humiliated and embarrassed because of the terrible way I was treated at Peach Aviation check in. Flight MM315 at 14:30 - Osaka to Tokyo. I only had 8 kg check in luggage and had paid for 20 kg. However the completely inflexible check in staff made me go to the side and tie my pillow in a little back pack, a small back pack and trolly together to make it one item as she said I paid for one item - I had paid for 20 kg and the weight of my check-in luggage was just 8 KG. Then she started on my hand luggage and made me take everything out of my front waist band and put it in my pockets like my wallet and passport - then my phone and camera had to go in my pockets - all in all to make my hand luggage 7 kg. What is the difference if it is in my purse, hand luggage or pocket as it all goes on board with me. After I went through all that humiliation and embarrassment and experienced the worst customer service I have ever experienced at Check In I walk around the corner and there is another Peach vulture employee there wanting to weigh my hand luggage - so that is twice I went through it Peach Aviation rude and horrible check in. I will never fly Peach Aviation ever again.
RouteOsaka to Tokyo

"Completely uncomfortable"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Fukuoka to Tokyo. Completely uncomfortable and full stupidity of the crew. Seat are so small I couldn't fit and I'm 190cm / 6ft 2. Could not sleep, could not work, could not eat. I asked to move to an exit row seat since there were 3 empty ones 3 rows before, but no. The stupidity of the flight attendants and their alienation to rules are stronger than common sense. I had to seat for 2 hours with my back completely twisted and my knees bothering my left neighbors.
RouteFukuoka to Tokyo
Date FlownApril 2019

"double pay to check in"

Trip Verified | New Chitose to Osaka. Went to add snow board baggage on the website, only had check in bags so I paid for all my bags. Get to the counter at the airport to be told that the snowboard bag could only be paid at the counter and that they weren’t going to put the money I already spent on the bag towards the snowboard which on their website doesn’t state anything about this. (maybe in the fine print), so I had to double pay to check in my snowboard bag. To add to this weight was only 20kgs when did that ever be a thing with sport equipment. To top it fly was late, stay away from budget airlines - ends up costing more then business class with a reputable airline.
RouteNew Chitose to Osaka
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Gave me a lot of attitude"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Okinawa to Taipei. I checked in at the counter and they charged me for extra luggage. I paid, then the check in staff tells me that I will not be able to board the flight due to a technicality. I asked for a refund on my luggage. I was told to contact the airline. I did. They argued with me. Gave me a lot of attitude. Finally the informed me that they would issue a refund for the luggage charge in the next 4 months. They told me that they are unable to confirm my refund by email.
RouteOkinawa to Taipei
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"decreased the carry on weight"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Shanghai. They decreased the carry on weight from 10kgs to 7kgs and then raised the checked baggage rates by 300% to 6,800 yen per bag. I had booked the flight several months in advance but with these retroactive charges, I could have flown a normal airline in the daytime instead of an inconvenient red-eye. Also, this is the only airline that boards window seat passengers first which results in chaos. These folks don't have a clue.
RouteTokyo to Shanghai
Date FlownNovember 2018

"the best low-cost airline"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Tokyo. This is the best low-cost airline I have flown. They have a free allowance of a personal item and bag on board as long as it is under 10kg. In reality you can take 2 bags with total weight under 10kg. Although from 28.10 this changes to 7kg. Flight was on time. Planes are new and clean. Japanese staff are the most polite and kind in the world. Seat pitch is low, but that's because most passengers are small, but the seats recline. If you are a big person, I don't recommend flying with them, otherwise they are the best in terms of value for money.
RouteSeoul to Tokyo
Date FlownOctober 2018

"is beyond disappointing"

Trip Verified | Osaka to Hong Kong. This airline is beyond disappointing. I would recommend paying the extra bit to fly with a better airline, as at the end of the day, you really are not saving anything. When booking your flight, make sure you understand what is included. I had to pay 3750 Yen to check one luggage in at the airport. (Checked luggage allowance is zero). During the flight I was offered a bottle of water. I took a sip and the flight attendant came back and took it away. She said that my flight purchase does not include any drinks or snacks, and I don’t have to option to purchase it. Conclusion, a four hour flight with no water or snacks and no option to purchase any. If I could give it a negative rating, I would, because it’s not even worth a fraction of a star.
RouteOsaka to Hong Kong
Date FlownApril 2018

"happy flying with Peach"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Outbound flight from Hong Kong to Osaka MM068 scheduled at 1:25am. Arrived at KIX on time. Inbound flight from Osaka to Hong Kong MM067 scheduled at 9pm, delayed for 50 minutes. I took the same inbound flight in July 2017 and it was delayed for the same amount of time too, so I was prepared for possible delay this time. I had the Peach homepage opened with my mobile phone, so I could eat my bento in peace while waiting to board the plane and being able to check real-time updates of flight information. After touching ground in Hong Kong, I got the taxi calling numbers ready, so I could book one while waiting for my luggage. I also bought travel insurance before my trip, so I know that I would be compensated in case flights were delayed or cancelled. Given how I was prepared for all possible situations, I was happy flying with Peach as a LLC. Compared to my Peach flight in July 2017, I found that the announcements on board improved. E.g. Passengers were told about coming turbulence and advised to use the toilet before the turbulence. Pre-recorded announcements were made in both English and Cantonese. I was happy that Peach did not allow passengers to change seats, for security and safety reasons given many mainland Chinese tourists were on board. Both inbound and outbound flights were fully booked, seats were cramped as expected. Some passengers sneezed and coughed freely in the crowded cabin, so it might worth upgrading your seat to get some extra space and avoid getting the flu. I noticed that the Japanese passengers put on a mask once they got on board.
RouteHong Kong to Osaka
Date FlownMarch 2018

"the aircraft was clean and new"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Flew Peach Aviation from Bangkok to Okinawa. Check in on both outward and return legs was very efficient and the aircraft was clean and new. Seat pitch, as expected for an LCC, was rather tight. Service from both aircrew and cabin crew was excellent: safety was emphasised throughout. This flight has no inflight entertainment. Food sold for purchase on board was very tasty. The return flight was on time: the outbound flight had a two hour delay but this was not caused by Peach as the aircraft was in Bangkok ready for departure on time. Air Traffic Control in China closed their airspace due to overload on the last day of return from Lunar New Year. The pilot came personally to the boarding area to explain the issue and inform that he had obtained a new route via Philippines air space, saving a greater delay. A free meal on board was provided.
RouteBangkok to Okinawa