Oman Air

"we were denied boarding"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Dubai via Muscat. Some passengers were not allowed to board and they mentioned that apparently the UAE government had issued a new rule saying that a minor difference in the place of birth between the visa and the passport. And even though the passport number matched with the visa we were denied boarding. We were able to fly with the same visa on he next day via flyDubai without any issue.
RouteDelhi to Dubai via Muscat
Date FlownOctober 2019

"limited leg room but I liked the PTV"

Trip Verified | Flew Muscat-Salalah return and there are only two options of which Oman Air turned out to be a good one. Our flight to Salalah was very punctual. Boeing 737 had limited leg room but I liked the PTV, which Oman even has on shorthaul flights. Attentive crew, nice snack and an early landing on both in and outbound flight. Leg room in Embraer 175 much better. Ground staff rather grumpy. Some of them must hate their jobs.
AircraftBoeing 737 / E75
RouteMuscat to Salalah
Date FlownOctober 2019

"refused to offer compensation"

Trip Verified | Muscat to Manila. A 12-hour delay with no explanation. Informed of rescheduling just 4 hours before the flight. Rescheduled and cancelled again. Despite missing connecting flights they refused to offer compensation. The support desk staff at Muscat Airport couldn't care less.
RouteMuscat to Manila

"experience was superb"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Dubai return via Muscat. From checking in at Manchester to disembarking again at Manchester, our experience with Oman Air was superb. The staff were outstanding in their service. The planes were comfortable, though on the outward journey one toilet was a bit unclean. Muscat airport was great - new and clean. The only issue we had were the security staff on our return leg. My husband had knee replacement so has metal pins. He explained this to security guard who was rude and unprofessional and kept demanding paperwork for surgery. At the boarding gate all passengers were subjected once more to full check, at which point a group of these guards were deliberately embarrassing a young European lad travelling.
RouteManchester to Dubai via Muscat
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"seat belt signs were not switched on"

Trip Verified | The seat belt signs were not switched on during the approach to Kuala Lumpur. I reported this to the captain who verified that the cabin indicators were working. I did not see cabin crew check for loose objects in the cabin before landing. Good service, good food, but safety should be the number 1 priority. This is a rapidly expanding airline with first class planes and service with competitive fares. Their ground service is struggling to keep up.
AircraftBoeing 787, A330
RouteMuscat to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"the service was excellent"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Kathmandu via Muscat. Genuinely surprised at how good Oman Air were. The flights were at least £150 (each) cheaper than other airlines so we expected the worst, but the service was excellent, the plane was modern and clean and the crew were largely attentive, although the meal service was fairly slow. The inflight entertainment system was good with a decent range of films, music and TV including Western, Bollywood and Arabic. The food was tasty, hot and appropriate for a flight to Oman (ie Middle Eastern influences.) Even if we hadn't paid a bargain basement fare I would have been happy with the flight(s), Oman are easily comparable with their middle eastern rivals and we will use them again next year. As an aside, Seeb airport is about as good as airports get for a transfer flight - it is spotlessly clean and modern, security was seamless, there are lots of comfortable, huge sofas to lounge around on whilst waiting for your flight and you can use the wifi and charging points for free.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Kathmandu via Muscat
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I was not happy at all"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Kozhikode to Madina via Muscat. I had the Sindbad membership as well from the last 5 trips. Unfortunately I was not happy at all some of the crew members attitude. I had two way tickets from Madina/CCJ and it mentioned two pcs baggage are allowed. So i thought at least 40kg entitled under my tickets. once i kept my baggage in the waiting scale the staff told me you are entitled to carry only 30kg and for the deferment 10kg I might pay additional INR/7,000, I have no way except throw those extra items. Second thing i am a newly join Oman Air Sindbad membership but i don't feel any consideration or upgrades for the members while there was many empty seats was free near to exit door and business class. I missed my apple air pod near to seat number F23 between the trip Muscat To Madina and requested to the crew to allow me just two minutes to search on it before leaving the aircraft. Unfortunately they said it is not allowed and we don't find anything from your seats. Once i went to claim my case to lost and found center in Madina they said go to information counter. From information counter they said go to lost and found counter. Finally i thought no one have supporting mind and i will not get it back again from this kind of people .
RouteKozhikode to Madina via Muscat
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"unaware of Oman Air policy"

Trip Verified | Oman Air customer service is non-existent. In June I flew to Muscat with Oman Air business class. I traveled with my Bicycle in a purpose made case. However when I checked in for my return flight at Zurich Airport I was told that despite having a baggage allowance of 100 kg and despite my bike bag weighing less than 30 kg I would not be permitted to check in my bike unless I paid 348 Swiss Francs. At the time of booking my flight I was unaware of Oman Air policy of charging extra for “sports equipment” excluding golf clubs. I was told “If you do not pay your bike will stay in Zurich and you will bear any costs”. Rather than have my bike confiscated I paid the 348CHF. In the lounge I checked Oman Air’s web site and although it was not immediately apparent it did say that other than the golf club exclusion I could be charged $US120 to take my bike with me. This is approximately three times what I was charged. I made a complaint and filled out the form on the website on my return to Australia. I heard nothing for two days so I contacted Oman Air and was told the matter was being investigated. After a week of no contact I made contact again and was asked for the number of my claim. I take this to mean that there had been no follow up at all. Despite numerous attempts I am yet to hear anything.
AircraftA330-200
RouteZurich to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2019

"got a flight on Singapore Airlines"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Riyadh to Singapore: Flight WY 682 RUH-MCT (Delay) Flight WY 849 MCT-CGK (Delay) Flight WY 5836 CGK-SIN (Not Boarding) Change to Singapore Airlines Flight SQ967 The Flight from Muscat to Jakarta arrived at 14:05 (local time)-The transfer assistance inform us that flight to Singapore was no longer boarding. Problem Airport Transfer information: 1st- Promise us put on the next flight at 18:15 (not happen), 2nd- Promise next flight at 18:50 (also did not happen), 3rd- After some pressure from the 23 passengers, who did not board, the airport agents (transition zone) there got a flight on Singapore Airlines at 20:20 4rd-Finally we arrived at destination (Singapore) at 11:00 local time. To be noted: Oman Air agent not appeared or assisted the 23 passenger including several children and woman: 6 hours waiting at the airport, No water and food and Sited on the floor.
RouteRiyad to Singapore via Muscat
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I would hesitate to recommend"

Not Verified | In February, I had booked seats for the three sectors of my business class return from UK to Australia: London to Muscat, Muscat to Kuala Lumpur and Kuala Lumpur to Adelaide. The final sector was ticketed by Oman Air but the provider was Malaysia Airlines. On arrival at Kuala Lumpur Airport after a two night stop-over, I was informed that my seat on the flight of 27th July was no longer available even though my travel agent had confirmed it on 25th July. I was given the option of waiting for a business class seat on the flight on 31st July or downgrade to economy on the 27th; as I needed to be back in Adelaide by 28th, I was forced to accept the economy option. No apologies have been offered by Oman Air and I have been informed that it could be more than 12 weeks before my claim for compensation is dealt with. I am appalled that such a situation could arise without any consultation from Oman Air. The sectors on which I flew with Oman Air were very good, but the experience of the downgrade means that I would hesitate to recommend this outfit to anybody else.
RouteLondon to Adelaide via Muscat / Kuala Lumpur