Oman Air

"not fair in such a crisis"

Not Verified | I want to thank Oman air for charging extra ‘as per the ticket policy’ in such a situation. All UAE borders are closed my flight supposed to be on Sunday 22nd March, I called to extend my stay the contact center agent said I have to pay the change fees 13 Omani rial. This is totally ridiculous and not fair in such a crisis.
RouteMuscat to Dubai
Date FlownMarch 2020

"lost a regular life long user"

Trip Verified | London to Muscat via Bangkok. Always used to use this company to fly. I won't again. The airline cancels 1 flight 3 days before departure then book me on another without my consent 17-hour stopover in Oman, which currently has a travel ban in the UK. Then the airline cancels another of my flights 2 days before departure and again rebook me on another without my consent The cancellation and rebooking without my consent also caused my travel insurance to become void so can no longer travel regardless. No refund or compensation offered and fobbed off. This virus will pass. People's memories won't. You've lost a regular life long user of your airline. Such a shame.
RouteLondon to Muscat via Bangkok
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Hopeless online check-in"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Manchester via Muscat. Hopeless online check-in procedure. On checking in for our flight (less than 48 hours from departure) we could not check in without paying extra for the privilege of seat selection. No one at the airports could explain why this was the case and advised I contacted customer services. I've done this via email and directly on the web site, but 3 weeks later have still not got any response from the airline.
RouteDelhi to Manchester via Muscat
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I don’t recommend"

(Egypt)

Trip Verified | Terrible experience, I don’t recommend. I lost my bag on flight no 406 from Cairo to Muscat, I spent 4 days there with no clothes or any of my stuff, the bag is still missing. Every employee I talk to try to prove that it’s not his fault instead of acting like one team representing a big brand.
RouteCairo to Muscat
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Very good service"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Cairo via Muscat with Oman Air. Very good service and departed on time every time. Very good food. Staff were good. On the other hand, it was hard to find the check-in kiosk at Bangkok Airport. Price was a bit high.
AircraftA330, Boeing 787
RouteBangkok to Cairo via Muscat

"I was very impressed"

Trip Verified | Just flew Oman Air Business class from Casablanca to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat and I was very impressed. Everything went absolutely smoothly, no delay, nothing ! Had a 13 hours transit lay-over in MCT and was offered a hotel room but prefered to stay in the wonderful lounge; the attendants mostly Filipinos were extremely courteous and service friendly and even recognized me on my return flight and the place is so clean ! Great flights with very comfortable and private seating; appreciated the old style Biz class on their A330 on the MCT-KUL route, not so private as on the 787 but very confy. Great choice and variety of food and drinks, the best soups I had ever had on a plane. Very friendly attendants. It was definitely a bargain and will try to repeat the experience in the very near future! Thank you Oman Air.
AircraftBoeing 787 / A330
RouteCasablanca to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"experience is very basic!"

(Morocco)

Trip Verified | Casablanca to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat. One of the worst airlines on the planet! Unreliable! They cancelled our flight and delayed it 2 days, no apology no nothing, they didn't even inform us, we had to check to see the change! Very bad service, it's nearly impossible to contact them, and when you do, they are extremely unprofessional, they can't help with anything but waste your time on the phone. The flight experience is very basic! All on all I don't recommend! Their prices are not that different from similar airlines like Qatar or Etihad so it's better to fly with them! You have to pay for WiFi! Even some budget airlines have free WiFi!
AircraftA330 / Boeing 787
RouteCasablanca to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Very good food"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Cairo via Muscat with Oman Air. Very good service and departed on time every time. Very good food. Staffs were good. On the other hand, it was hard to find out check-in kiosk at Bangkok airport. Price was a bit high.
RouteBangkok to Cairo via Muscat

"Appalling treatment"

Trip Verified | Appalling treatment following cancelled flights and no customer service response. We travelled from London to Colombo over the Christmas period. We booked our tickets earlier in the year and paid a premium to fly back on Saturday 4 January and ensured the flights had one short stopover as we were travelling with 2 small children and 2 elderly grandparents. Oman cancelled part of our flight on the way over and put us on a 2 stopover flight which added an extra 6 hour delay to arrival time and inconvenience at the additional stopover in the Maldives. Oman cancelled the entire return journey on 4 January and the next available flight provided was on 7 January but did not inform us that was a 2 stopover flight! Despite paying a premium for a Saturday one stop flight and getting transferred onto a Tuesday 2 stop flight, no compensation has been accepted. The complaints service are non responsive and simply do no respond to a complaint. We will never be flying with Oman again!
RouteLondon to Colombo via Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2019

"bags a week after my arrival"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Tehran via Muscat/Abu Dhabi. I received my bags a week after my arrival in Tehran because they engaged another airline (Etihad) to do the first part of the journey, my bags were held in Abu Dhabi the staff in Tehran were rude and unhelpful trying to avoid accepting the responsibility. I think this company is far from being an international professional airline, they are known for missing bags. The second issue was the extremely expensive cost of rebooking a flight once you miss one flight it cost me $1300 Australian dollars to rebook my flight from Abu Dhabi to Melbourne
RouteMelbourne to Tehran via Muscat/Abu Dhabi