Oman Air

"showed seat unassigned"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Amman via Muscat. We purchased our tickets on 31Aug2018 and prepaid seats selection to travel on 22Dec2018. Our e-ticket showed confirmed seat numbers so imagine our shock when we checked-in online and the screen showed seat unassigned! I called the call centre in Kuala Lumpur and the guy told us to just check in and the seat will be assign then. We were assigned different seats! Called the call centre again and was told to check at airport check in, which we did and was told there was nothing they can do since we have checked in. On our return leg, again, when we tried to online check in, seats came out unassigned even though tickets showed confirmed seats. This time we checked in at the airport and guess what? Our "confirmed seats" have been booked by someone else! We made a ruckus at the airport and the supervisor then told us that he would give us emergency exit seats. I specifically asked for window and aisle. He said however boarding pass can only be issued at Muscat for these tickets. So when we arrived Muscat, again there was no such instruction and they can offer 2 middle seats at emergency exit seats which we declined. We ended up with 2 aisle seats at row 49. Our prepaid seats were window/ aisle row 26. I have since lodged a complaint and asked for refund but no reply yet. The flight experience itself was fairly unpleasant. The boarding was chaotic as they do not board by rows rather just allow everyone to board all at once. Food was pretty bad. The flight attendants were fairly surly and toilets were not cleaned regularly. The only positive experience was the in flight entertainment. Layover at Muscat is pretty expensive but thank goodness we had complimentary lounge passes from our credit card. Honestly, it was cheaper than the other flights by about USD200 but it's a very unpleasant experience.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Amman via Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2018

"thoroughly enjoyed my journey"

Trip Verified | I had a fantastic experience with Oman Air flying from Manchester to Islamabad return in Business class. I used the Oman Air Upgrade (Option Town) which is fantastic value for money. The staff in business class were really attentive, friendly and professional. I especially enjoyed the Omani coffee and dates they serve when you board the flight (Manchester-Muscat route). The beds were extremely comfortable and they provided a lovely wash-bag as well as useful storage compartments next to your bed to store your phone and other small items you are carrying. The food was outstanding; I especially enjoyed the Arabic Mezze platter they served and the attention to detail they made with the meal. Their Karak Chai (which I had after my meal) was superb. The inflight entertainment was really good, I especially appreciated how even on a short 2/3 hour flight from Muscat to Islamabad you can still access all of the entertainment they provide (they also give you a main meal which is really generous). I would definitely recommend family and friends to fly with Oman Air business class. I thoroughly enjoyed my journey and would happily fly with them again.
AircraftBoeing 787-8 / A330-200
RouteManchester to Islamabad via Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2018

"are not eligible for a room"

Trip Verified | Colombo to London via Muscat. Muscat layover was 2.5 hours as per the ticket confirmation. 2 days later Oman Air changed the schedule and emailed us a new itinerary which made the layover in Muscat 7.55 hours. When we arrived at Muscat we spoke with Oman Air customer service to see if they can give us a comfortable place to stay or any other compensation for the change they made to our schedule. We explained we have 2 kids and it’s not comfortable to stay at the airport for 8 hours. The person who was at the counter was rude and not even considering to look for an option to make us comfortable. He said if the layover was 8 hours he can give us a room. But since it is 7.55 hours we are not eligible for a room. Oman air must make passenger’s comfort the first priority.
RouteColombo to London via Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2018

"the service was excellent"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Muscat. First time I have flown with Oman air, the service was excellent, the food fabulous, the comfort of the cabin amazing. The bed has a comforter and a nice blanket. The entertainment program has amazing latest Hollywood movies. The cabin crew with the cabin director by the name Ismail was super friendly and super helpful. They make us feel at home . The aircraft is brand new and clean. Thank you Oman Air, we will fly again soon.
RouteJakarta to Muscat

"Fantastic flight"

Trip Verified | Manila to London via Muscat. Fantastic flight, the flight attendants were very helpful, and friendly. Definitely I will fly Oman Air again.
RouteManila to London via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2018

"supported by the ground staff"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Riyadh to Bengaluru return via Muscat. I traveled from Riyadh to Bengaluru in economy class and I am a vegetarian. I was told that the vegetarian food is exhausted in economy class, I just asked for some water. But the gentleman on board went to Business class section and brought me vegetarian food. It is a very simple gesture which was done by the crew but it went a long way for me since I have seen other airlines which just does not offer services like this. When I was travelling back to Riyadh, I had booked extra baggage, and unfortunately I had made a mistake in packing my bags (obviously I did not read the packing instructions). I was very well supported by the ground staff in Bengaluru who helped me in checking in my bags on time and they did their job so well, it reflected that the customer is very important to them. The only drawback which I see in Oman Air is the cramp for leg room and when informed the same to the staff and requested for the seats near fire escape, they obliged. Hopefully I will fly Oman Air without the cramping leg space.
RouteRiyadh to Bengaluru via Muscat

"staff have no manners"

Trip Verified | London to Najaf via Muscat. On board flight staff and services were awesome but Oman Air staff at Oman Airport was pain. They even have no manners and don't know how to talk with passengers. They should realized that they are getting paid because of our business.
RouteLondon to Najaf via Muscat
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Seats very cramped"

Trip Verified | London to Kochi via Muscat. Largely agree with some of the recent comments about Oman Air. Though it's about a year since I last travelled with Qatar or Emirates, Oman is a fair way behind them in terms of passenger comfort or service. Seats very cramped, but I'll come to that later. Food OK, but very stingy with the drinks (only one round on a 7hr flight), and it took virtually an hour for the grumpy crew to clear up the empties for the meal service. Not acceptable. Flight out was delayed, and even though there was an hour to spare at Muscat, bizarrely, they denied us boarding on the connecting flight to India, preferring to bump us onto the presumably less popular flight at 2 am the following day. OK, they put us up in a hotel for a few hours, but we missed the first day of our India tour as a result, with all the phone calls that required. Finally, when I booked this flight it was due to be operated by an A330 with 34" legroom, but then Oman Air changed it to a Boeing 787 with 31". Also one more seat squeezed in per row. Result was very cramped conditions and narrow uncomfortable seat. Not why I booked the flight with them. A definite downgrade. I know the Boeing 787 divides opinion . But I'm sure it's a lot more economical for the airlines to run, but I've yet to have a pleasant flight in one. Streets behind the A330/340 or 777, and a very poky little aeroplane compared to the A380 or 747. First and last outing with them, I'm afraid.
RouteLondon to Kochi via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2018

"found it to be average"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Zurich to Bangkok via Muscat. First time flying Oman Air, found it to be average. Food was very average, the crew is very slow with service and waits way too long to clean up. Therefore on a 6h-ish flight, you have almost no chance to relax or sleep. Inflight entertainment is not very good.
RouteZurich to Bangkok via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Unbeatable value for money"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Nairobi to Manila via Muscat. Night flight Nairobi to Muscat average, but flight from Muscat to Manila excellent. The new airport and lounge in Muscat are great. Security check in the transfer zone was arrogant. The flight from Muscat to Manila was one of my best flight experience. Excellent and friendly staff. They showed great customer service. Dinner was the best I ever had on any flights. Unbeatable value for money.
AircraftA330-200