Oman Air

" not responding to my emails"

Trip Verified | We book 4 tickets to India on Jan 2020. Unfortunately this coincided with the covid pandemic, and both flights to india and UAE was cancelled. we request for refund but was only offered a rebooking for 2 year/ refund after 1 year of purchase date. Obviously did not expect the pandemic to last this long. The same pandemic situation we book other airline tickets, all airline give back my Money. We agree the airline policy and wait for 1 Year, on Jan 2021, 1 Year was completed, after the one completion on one year i am eligible for the refund, now they are not responding to my emails from last 4 Months. Customer care are saying that contact only e-mail. Visited their Dubai office but no use, no one dont know about their refund, all are saying that contact through e-mail, they are avoiding the e-mails for refund customers. Many times we traveled in Oman Air, now we was facing poor customer service and irresponsibility attitude towards the customer complaint.
RouteDubai to Trivandrum via Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2020

"only offered a rebooking for 1 year"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | We flew with Oman Air before the pandemic and the trip was satisfactory. So I had no qualms about booking with them again for my trip to Europe in 2020. Unfortunately this coincided with the covid pandemic, and both flights to and from Europe were cancelled. I was hoping for a refund but was only offered a rebooking for 1 year. Obviously did not expect the pandemic to last this long. At the end of 2020 I felt that this had gone on long enough, and even though they extended the rebooking for 2 years, it was just too hard to make any kind of travel plans. I requested a refund via their website and was met with an email offering rebooking or a travel voucher that could be turned into a refund after 1 year. This is unacceptable to me given the current circumstances, and obviously Oman Air is just trying to buy itself time and hoping customers will give up trying to get a refund. For my Europe trip I had two other flights, one with Air France (refunded immediately) and one with Easyjet (offered a voucher). The fact that A flag carrier like Oman Air is acting more like a budget airline surely affects its prestige. When the world goes back to normal I suspect I will think twice before taking Oman Air ever again.
RouteManila to Paris via Muscat
Date FlownMay 2020

"at least 10% of the passengers did not wear any face masks"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | Domestic Muscat to Salalah and return on Oman Air in early April. It is not easy to give a star rating for this trip. On the one hand, the two 1h-flights left and arrived on time. Ground handling was swift and friendly throughout, as were the flight attendants. Seats on the 737-800 were reasonably comfortable, and there was a modern touch screen (which I used only for the very good map and flight info functions). On the other hand and unfortunately as usual with Oman Air, cabin announcements were utterly unintelligible. Maybe connected to this, now to the worst: at least 10% of the passengers did not wear any face masks and another quarter or so had them hanging somewhere under the chin. While boarding was still rather civilized, deboarding on both legs was the classical cattle herd movement with pushing and shoving, and certainly as far away as one can imagine from socially distanced row-by-row deboarding. The cabin crews had either given up or did not care. On the day of the return flight, Oman reported new record Covid incidents and ICU occupancy numbers!
RouteMuscat to Salalah
Date FlownApril 2021

"I finally got full refund"

Trip Verified | On February 2020 I booked 4 tickets at omanair.com for the flight to Jakarta on July 2020. Due to corona pandemic they cancelled the flight. Round 2 weeks before the flight date we filled in the refund form and they requested me to wait for 12 months (starting from the purchasing date). After several email exchanged I finally got full refund from Oman Air today (24 march 2021).
RouteFrankfurt to Jakarta via Muscat
Date FlownApril 2020

"have refused a refund"

Trip Verified | Oman Air cancelled our flights for April last year due to Covid and have refused a refund ever since despite being in breach of EU261. They disputed charge back with Amex and so now got a S75 with them who have been equally bad to deal with. By contrast I have received refunds in full from Finnair, Qatar & Jet2 for cancelled flights.
RouteManchester to Bangkok via Muscat
Date FlownApril 2020

"Not sure whether they will refund or drag on"

(Saudi Arabia)

Not Verified | I have booked my tickets in Feb-2020 to fly out in July and due to covid the flight got cancelled. When asked for a refund, the Airline assured refund - but only after one year of booking. Now a year has passed and they only keep issuing request number on mails without any official communication. Not sure whether they will refund or drag on.
RouteDammam to Bengaluru via Muscat
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"They postponed the refund process"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | In January 2020, I bought two round trip tickets from Istanbul to Manila for December 2020. They cancelled the flights and promised me a full refund. They postponed the refund process, wasted my time and energy by employing different time-consuming tactics. Finally, they promised me a refund exactly one year after the issue of the ticket, which was due last January the 21st. It did not happen. What they did was to ask for additional documents. I am disappointed by the way they treated me during this process.
RouteIstanbul to Manila via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2020

"Online option for refund does not work"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | If you require to make any amendments ie. cancel ticket, change the dates - customer service will not pick up your phone call. After paying extra for a flexible ticket, I've emailed and called about ticket refund for a month now, and no response. Online option for refund does not work.
RouteDoha to Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2020

"It’s really appalling!"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | I called the contact number on their website. The lady that answered seemed very angry. I asked about a refund I have been waiting for for ages. She went like just wait why are you in hurry? I asked if I could speak to someone else who could help, she said no. No one can help you. I called multiple times and every is worse than the other. The last person connected me to a said supervisor. The supervisor hang up to my face. It is both funny and frustrating how they treat their customers. What kind of management do they have? It’s really appalling! At the airport they are just as rude.
RouteDoha to London via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2020

"pathetic and poor service"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Muscat flight on December 19th 2020. This time they disappointed me with their service. During the flight I asked many times for water but the crew member didn’t not provide. My flight departure time was 2130hrs and this time they didn’t have dinner. They served only snacks boxes even I am pure vegetarian they didn’t have veg snacks box. I asked from crew member for veg box they said you can have chips and you can drink juice. How can you eat a small packet chips at the time of dinner. I asked for tea/coffee they said only beer we have. I am non alcoholic now tell me how can I drink. Very poor service at this time. You don’t have veg dinner meal, you don’t have water In flight and you are getting water after asking 25 times. Really a pathetic and poor service.
RouteDelhi to Muscat