Oman Air

"Very good food"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Cairo via Muscat with Oman Air. Very good service and departed on time every time. Very good food. Staffs were good. On the other hand, it was hard to find out check-in kiosk at Bangkok airport. Price was a bit high.
RouteBangkok to Cairo via Muscat

"Appalling treatment"

Trip Verified | Appalling treatment following cancelled flights and no customer service response. We travelled from London to Colombo over the Christmas period. We booked our tickets earlier in the year and paid a premium to fly back on Saturday 4 January and ensured the flights had one short stopover as we were travelling with 2 small children and 2 elderly grandparents. Oman cancelled part of our flight on the way over and put us on a 2 stopover flight which added an extra 6 hour delay to arrival time and inconvenience at the additional stopover in the Maldives. Oman cancelled the entire return journey on 4 January and the next available flight provided was on 7 January but did not inform us that was a 2 stopover flight! Despite paying a premium for a Saturday one stop flight and getting transferred onto a Tuesday 2 stop flight, no compensation has been accepted. The complaints service are non responsive and simply do no respond to a complaint. We will never be flying with Oman again!
RouteLondon to Colombo via Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2019

"bags a week after my arrival"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Tehran via Muscat/Abu Dhabi. I received my bags a week after my arrival in Tehran because they engaged another airline (Etihad) to do the first part of the journey, my bags were held in Abu Dhabi the staff in Tehran were rude and unhelpful trying to avoid accepting the responsibility. I think this company is far from being an international professional airline, they are known for missing bags. The second issue was the extremely expensive cost of rebooking a flight once you miss one flight it cost me $1300 Australian dollars to rebook my flight from Abu Dhabi to Melbourne
RouteMelbourne to Tehran via Muscat/Abu Dhabi
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Service was pleasant throughout"

Trip Verified | Hyderabad to Muscat. Check in was simple, lounge pass was pre-prepared and staff was assigned to escort me through security. She told me she would return later to collect me at the lounge. Lounge at Hyderabad is common to all airlines and a pretty uninspiring place but on this occasion a young man was extremely attentive, serving me all I could ask for at my seat. I was among the last to board and was pleased that despite the full economy cabin the business class storage had not been encroached. On the 737-900 seating was 2+2 in a 12 seater cabin that was half full. We pushed back 3 minutes early and between then and the point of take off I was offered a hot or cold towel, a choice of lemon or melon juice (alcohol is not served on the ground in India), an Arabic coffee and fresh dates. Once in the air a menu was quickly presented. Slightly disappointing unless you happen to be a passionate fan of Hyderabadi food which the majority of passengers were and only one starter and dessert (see menu card). From the three mains I opted for the fish but requested it after one hour of the three hour journey. The menu listed only soft drinks but after I clarified a bar was available, I requested a gin (brand not evident) and tonic (served with no lemon or lime and little ice). This came with a small half full bowl of nuts that seemed flavoured with salt and vinegar. Before dinner I enquired about the wine selection. Two uninspiring mini bottles of red and white that I have had on economy in the past in other routes were offered, so I asked about Champaign and took this option. When it was poured out of my sight a stewardess came to apologise it was not chilled and offered ice - an unlikely combination. I was assured a second bottle was being chilled and this later transpired to be so. Dinner comprised a simple salad without dressing and fish which was cooked perfectly but came with accompaniments that were not hugely to my taste, and an Indian desert which, as is usually so, too sweet for my liking. Service was pleasant throughout and the IFE, criticised in some reviews as lacking choice, more than met my expectation.
AircraftBoeing 737-8/9
RouteHyderabad to Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2019

"2nd time my luggage is delayd"

Trip Verified | Bahrain to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat, this is the 2nd time my luggage is delayed, really causing a lot of lost time. Overall the flight is good, but the connection is very tight, no much for passenger to choose.
RouteBahrain to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat

"impressed with everything"

Trip Verified | Casablanca to Muscat. I was impressed with everything about Oman Air. This was our third flight after our two legs going to Europe and this the first returning home to Australia. The service was excellent on all legs and the food was some of the best airline food I have had. The business class seat is all you could want and I managed 5 hours sleep. There was a great selection of wine and other beverages.
RouteCasablanca to Muscat
Date FlownOctober 2019

" Excellent service throughout"

Trip Verified | My first experience of Oman Air. Having secured the flight and upgrade for a fraction of the price charged by UAE-based carriers, albeit not the quickest with an overnight at Kuala Lumpur, I was wary given some of the reviews. No issues! The first surprise: an upgrade for the short hop to Muscat. Nice touch. The A330 for the KUL leg was a little long in the tooth, as was the business class cabin; bland and tatty in places. However the 1-2-1 configuration ensured space aplenty, and the seats were comfortable enough if lacking privacy. Excellent service throughout, the pre-ordered vegetarian particularly good. The IFE and drinks selection somewhat limited compared to others but that's a minor gripe. Other than an hour's delay the onward connection with Malindo Air from KUL in economy was uneventful, my Oman Air ticket including a meal.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2019

"big mistake choosing Oman Air"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Bangalore via Muscat. I made a big mistake of choosing Oman Air. I booked a flight on 24th June 2019 to fly from Manchester to Bangalore on 4th December 2019 paying full price. When I tried to check in online I had to pay £12 for the seat. There were no free seats offered and without choosing the seat and paying for it I couldn't check in online. I chose Asian veg meal which was hopeless. My connecting flight had no individual tv that you normally have with most Middle East and Asian Airlines. When I was returning from India I had to pay 1484 Indian rupees for the seat to check in online. 5Asian veg meal had a kind of parata that was so dry without anything to go with it. On second flight meal, I had a cheap butter without any bread, dessert whilst others had lurpak, bread role and nice dessert. So when you compare the price online keep in mind all these extra charges and never chose Asian veg meal. I would never book with this airline in the future.
RouteManchester to Bangalore via Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2019

"the most shambolic airline"

Trip Verified | London to Karachi via Muscat. Oman Air are the most shambolic airline I have ever flown with. I booked flights a little over a month prior to travel. Less than three weeks later I was sent a text informing me that my connecting flight had been cancelled. The text contained no additional information about whether my flight would be rescheduled or if I would have to rebook onto another flight, causing me great stress. I was required to call the airline to discover this and received no apology whatsoever. I was eventually booked onto another flight, leaving me with a 12-hour layover in Muscat as a lone female traveller. I contested this and received no direct response, but was sent through a further flight confirmation transferring me to a flight a day later. Not having been consulted, this conflicted with my travel plans and so I was forced to call again, eventually securing a hotel for the lengthy layover. They sent no email confirmation of this provision other than a single line on my flight details, which offered little comfort given their performance thus far. A day prior to my flight I attempted to check in online. Although I had paid a substantial fee for seat allocation on all flights when I initially booked, this was not reflected in the most recent flight confirmation. The airline attempted to charge me an additional fee to check in on the outgoing journey. I reluctantly chose to pay this and seek refund at the airport given the poor customer service I had received through their phone line. However, I was told by a rather surly woman at the customer service desk that I would need to call to resolve the issue, which was less than ideal given I was about to board an international flight. Upon arrival in Muscat I was initially denied the hotel I had been promised. I was required to speak to a number of people and only secured the room with the support of another customer who had also been booked on the cancelled flight from London. I have never received such abysmal service from any airline. I have encountered not one but three issues which have caused me great stress, been arduous to resolve and for which I have received no apology or compensation. I would emphatically urge all against booking with Oman Air.
RouteLondon to Karachi via Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2019

"After 4 days, no response"

(Iran)

Trip Verified | Tehran to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat, onward to Singapore by Malaysia Airlines booked for the end of December. As a new student in Singapore with an approved IPA letter (which is the common long-term student VISA in Singapore and permission entry), I was eligible to buy one-way ticket. I sent my IPA letter to the OmanAir agent in Tehran IKA two weeks prior to my flight in order to have hassle-free connections. This type of visa was new for staff, hence they investigated from Malaysia office and surprisingly he responded they do not let you get on the plane, consequently we cannot let you boarding from Tehran unless you buy a return ticket as well. Many students have flown one-way to Singapore without any problems using their IPA letters with various airlines such as Emirates, Qatar Airways directly and even Oman Air. t I was totally stressed and I am now as the case is still under investigation. After 4 days, no response. I asked their chat system to remind them about my urgent case, but they only answered with formality pre-written answers each time that they will contact you as soon as possible. After about 6 days, I called their call centre and they said the customer support department does not have telephones and you should wait for email. Day 6 finished and I decided to post my review here and let people like me to make a wiser decision for their flights. They advertise a lot but they are not at all cooperative. My issue could be resolved with a correct correspondence between two airlines, but they are too slow or not willing to do so as even my agency agreed that I can travel one-way and even Malaysia Airlines knew IPA letter on the phone.
RouteTehran to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat