Oman Air

"unaware of Oman Air policy"

Trip Verified | Oman Air customer service is non-existent. In June I flew to Muscat with Oman Air business class. I traveled with my Bicycle in a purpose made case. However when I checked in for my return flight at Zurich Airport I was told that despite having a baggage allowance of 100 kg and despite my bike bag weighing less than 30 kg I would not be permitted to check in my bike unless I paid 348 Swiss Francs. At the time of booking my flight I was unaware of Oman Air policy of charging extra for “sports equipment” excluding golf clubs. I was told “If you do not pay your bike will stay in Zurich and you will bear any costs”. Rather than have my bike confiscated I paid the 348CHF. In the lounge I checked Oman Air’s web site and although it was not immediately apparent it did say that other than the golf club exclusion I could be charged $US120 to take my bike with me. This is approximately three times what I was charged. I made a complaint and filled out the form on the website on my return to Australia. I heard nothing for two days so I contacted Oman Air and was told the matter was being investigated. After a week of no contact I made contact again and was asked for the number of my claim. I take this to mean that there had been no follow up at all. Despite numerous attempts I am yet to hear anything.
AircraftA330-200
RouteZurich to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2019

"got a flight on Singapore Airlines"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Riyadh to Singapore: Flight WY 682 RUH-MCT (Delay) Flight WY 849 MCT-CGK (Delay) Flight WY 5836 CGK-SIN (Not Boarding) Change to Singapore Airlines Flight SQ967 The Flight from Muscat to Jakarta arrived at 14:05 (local time)-The transfer assistance inform us that flight to Singapore was no longer boarding. Problem Airport Transfer information: 1st- Promise us put on the next flight at 18:15 (not happen), 2nd- Promise next flight at 18:50 (also did not happen), 3rd- After some pressure from the 23 passengers, who did not board, the airport agents (transition zone) there got a flight on Singapore Airlines at 20:20 4rd-Finally we arrived at destination (Singapore) at 11:00 local time. To be noted: Oman Air agent not appeared or assisted the 23 passenger including several children and woman: 6 hours waiting at the airport, No water and food and Sited on the floor.
RouteRiyad to Singapore via Muscat
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I would hesitate to recommend"

Not Verified | In February, I had booked seats for the three sectors of my business class return from UK to Australia: London to Muscat, Muscat to Kuala Lumpur and Kuala Lumpur to Adelaide. The final sector was ticketed by Oman Air but the provider was Malaysia Airlines. On arrival at Kuala Lumpur Airport after a two night stop-over, I was informed that my seat on the flight of 27th July was no longer available even though my travel agent had confirmed it on 25th July. I was given the option of waiting for a business class seat on the flight on 31st July or downgrade to economy on the 27th; as I needed to be back in Adelaide by 28th, I was forced to accept the economy option. No apologies have been offered by Oman Air and I have been informed that it could be more than 12 weeks before my claim for compensation is dealt with. I am appalled that such a situation could arise without any consultation from Oman Air. The sectors on which I flew with Oman Air were very good, but the experience of the downgrade means that I would hesitate to recommend this outfit to anybody else.
RouteLondon to Adelaide via Muscat / Kuala Lumpur

"Worst customer experience"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Paris CDG via Muscat. After losing my luggage for 5 days plus 2 days due to 6 hour delay in KL which led to overnight delay in Muscat, customer service wrote to me, falsely claiming that I agreed to compensation for 3 days of €120 when nothing was said before! There was no info, no transparency when I rang baggage claim and customer service multiple times a day. They claimed they found my bag in Muscat when I landed in Paris CDG, and they were just waiting for the next flight to Paris, there is one flight per day to Paris. I could not understand why it took them 5 days! Worst customer experience in my life!
RouteKuala Lumpur to Paris CDG via Muscat

"Friendly crew"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | 7h night flight from Muscat to Frankfurt on Oman Air. Internet check-in flawless, baggage drop off in MCT rather slow. Passport and security check busy but reasonably swift. Flight left and arrived on time. Seats were very decent for eco. My screen was frozen and could not be restarted despite of several attempts by the crew. Although the flight was almost full the purser managed to find me an alternative seat with functional IFE. Friendly crew. The snack after midnight as well as the breakfast were below previous Oman Air standards.
RouteMuscat to Frankfurt

"Great flight"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Amman via Muscat with Oman Air. Great flight! Seats were comfortable and the food delicious. Service was friendly, professional and personal but could have some more improvements. Beyond that, a great flight.
RouteManila to Amman via Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2019

"should have used another air service"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Moscow via Muscat. I have a flight booked from Bangalore to Muscat which leaves at 10:10 AM and reaches Muscat at 12:10 PM. After a 2 hour layover I have a connecting flight. This was the original plan, when Oman air decided to cancel my first flight and reschedule me for another later flight, which makes me miss my connecting flight. Upon asking, the customer service told me to just wait in the airport for 18 hours on the flight date and they will arrange the next day's connecting flight. No accommodation nothing, just sit and wait at the airport is what I got as response. Upon asking if I could get a full refund since its their problem, they have 0% refund policy even if they make the mistake. And I got an option to select the next day's flights instead of the delayed day. And they are not sure if this will be disrupted as well. I have a feeling this is going to be one bad financially loss experience. Too bad I should have used another air service.
RouteBangalore to Moscow via Muscat
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"pleasant staff"

Not Verified | Travelled Manchester to Bangkok return via Muscat with Oman Air. All 4 flights on time. Great food, pleasant staff, and great inflight entertainment. Would certainly use them again.
AircraftDreamliner
RouteManchester to Bangkok via Muscat

"Seats were comfortable"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Muscat. Generally, in business classes with a 2-2-2 configuration, the passengers seating on a window seat have to pass over their neighbors when going to the toilet or else, but on Oman Air, all passengers, despite that 2-2-2 configuration, have a direct access to the corridors. Seats were comfortable, amenities very good, food average, wine excellent, though very small selection, and crew extremely friendly. Flight was on time, boarding was done in an orderly way. Only problem was that the entertainment system was not working properly on my seat (but was perfectly ok on the return).
RouteBangkok to Muscat

"extremely bad experience"

(Kuwait)

Not Verified | I had an extremely bad experience with Oman air. I had booked a ticket from Mumbai to Kuwait via Muscat. For some reason I checked the Manage booking option around a month and a half before the travel and found the flight schedule has changed. There was a 20 Hour stop over at Muscat (Instead of 1h 20m as per the earlier plan). The flight schedule was changed by around 5 hours. Firstly it was wrong on the part of Airline not to even inform that the schedule has changed. On approaching the customer care the options were not suitable as the change itself was of around 5 hours and would not let me reach my destination on time. On further requesting they told me to cancel the ticket and pay all the penalty. I really do not understand that for the fault of the airline why the customer should pay the penalty. Any changes suggested by them would make me lose a day at source of the destination. I think this is totally unacceptable.
AircraftB747
Routemumbai to kuwait via muscat