Oman Air

"Worst customer experience"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Paris CDG via Muscat. After losing my luggage for 5 days plus 2 days due to 6 hour delay in KL which led to overnight delay in Muscat, customer service wrote to me, falsely claiming that I agreed to compensation for 3 days of €120 when nothing was said before! There was no info, no transparency when I rang baggage claim and customer service multiple times a day. They claimed they found my bag in Muscat when I landed in Paris CDG, and they were just waiting for the next flight to Paris, there is one flight per day to Paris. I could not understand why it took them 5 days! Worst customer experience in my life!
RouteKuala Lumpur to Paris CDG via Muscat

"Friendly crew"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | 7h night flight from Muscat to Frankfurt on Oman Air. Internet check-in flawless, baggage drop off in MCT rather slow. Passport and security check busy but reasonably swift. Flight left and arrived on time. Seats were very decent for eco. My screen was frozen and could not be restarted despite of several attempts by the crew. Although the flight was almost full the purser managed to find me an alternative seat with functional IFE. Friendly crew. The snack after midnight as well as the breakfast were below previous Oman Air standards.
RouteMuscat to Frankfurt

"Great flight"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Amman via Muscat with Oman Air. Great flight! Seats were comfortable and the food delicious. Service was friendly, professional and personal but could have some more improvements. Beyond that, a great flight.
RouteManila to Amman via Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2019

"should have used another air service"

Trip Verified | Bangalore to Moscow via Muscat. I have a flight booked from Bangalore to Muscat which leaves at 10:10 AM and reaches Muscat at 12:10 PM. After a 2 hour layover I have a connecting flight. This was the original plan, when Oman air decided to cancel my first flight and reschedule me for another later flight, which makes me miss my connecting flight. Upon asking, the customer service told me to just wait in the airport for 18 hours on the flight date and they will arrange the next day's connecting flight. No accommodation nothing, just sit and wait at the airport is what I got as response. Upon asking if I could get a full refund since its their problem, they have 0% refund policy even if they make the mistake. And I got an option to select the next day's flights instead of the delayed day. And they are not sure if this will be disrupted as well. I have a feeling this is going to be one bad financially loss experience. Too bad I should have used another air service.
RouteBangalore to Moscow via Muscat
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"pleasant staff"

Not Verified | Travelled Manchester to Bangkok return via Muscat with Oman Air. All 4 flights on time. Great food, pleasant staff, and great inflight entertainment. Would certainly use them again.
AircraftDreamliner
RouteManchester to Bangkok via Muscat

"Seats were comfortable"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Muscat. Generally, in business classes with a 2-2-2 configuration, the passengers seating on a window seat have to pass over their neighbors when going to the toilet or else, but on Oman Air, all passengers, despite that 2-2-2 configuration, have a direct access to the corridors. Seats were comfortable, amenities very good, food average, wine excellent, though very small selection, and crew extremely friendly. Flight was on time, boarding was done in an orderly way. Only problem was that the entertainment system was not working properly on my seat (but was perfectly ok on the return).
RouteBangkok to Muscat

"extremely bad experience"

(Kuwait)

Not Verified | I had an extremely bad experience with Oman air. I had booked a ticket from Mumbai to Kuwait via Muscat. For some reason I checked the Manage booking option around a month and a half before the travel and found the flight schedule has changed. There was a 20 Hour stop over at Muscat (Instead of 1h 20m as per the earlier plan). The flight schedule was changed by around 5 hours. Firstly it was wrong on the part of Airline not to even inform that the schedule has changed. On approaching the customer care the options were not suitable as the change itself was of around 5 hours and would not let me reach my destination on time. On further requesting they told me to cancel the ticket and pay all the penalty. I really do not understand that for the fault of the airline why the customer should pay the penalty. Any changes suggested by them would make me lose a day at source of the destination. I think this is totally unacceptable.
AircraftB747
Routemumbai to kuwait via muscat
Date FlownJune 2019

"the worst customer service"

(Slovenia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Munich via Muscat . They have the worst customer service and I would never book a ticket again. We had to change a flight and then the problems started. They told us how much it would cost, but we couldn't pay online. They gave us their bank account number and we had to go to the bank to pay for it. After three days that we paid for the change we got an email that the price for the ticket change and that we have to pay double. We called to local customer services that we dont want to pay that anount and that we dont understand how can that happen. They said that they can refund the additional money that we paid. But then got complicated because they had to do international transfer and they had to charge US a tranfer fee. In addition them we wanted to cancel first flight and when we called local and then Oman customer services noone knew how much money we get back if we even get any. We wrote them an email and got no answer. We talked with them on FB and Whatsup and noone had any answers. Their customer support is just there that you can call them but they do not know anything. They can check your flight and that is it. I think they know the same as you when you enter your booking number on the internet. So think twice before you book a flight with them.
RouteJakarta to Munich via Muscat

"should undergo training"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to London via Muscat. This is in reference to my recent trip via Oman Air WY0101 from Muscat to Heathrow. The flight attendants, not all of them but most I should say, should undergo training in customer service / handling! I noticed that they are short fused with the passengers’ requests, questions etc. I went to the toilet and an Indian lady before me had difficulty closing the door so I helped her. Quite an effort to close the toilet door as apparently for whatever reason it was stuck. When it was my turn, I decided not to close the door anymore as I was just going to brush my teeth and I just hate the toilets of airplanes! So as I was brushing my teeth this male attendant yells at me to close my door. Since I was finishing off already, I just signaled my left hand to him and I just kept my door open since I was almost done. Next thing he kicks my door to close it. Told him he is so rude and why did he have to kick the toilet door. He reasons that he didn’t kick my door and he just pushed it! I don’t know if this was brought to the attention of any of the superiors around. I’ve been traveling with different airlines and this is the very first time I have encountered such an unfathomable incident.
RouteManila to London via Muscat
Date FlownMay 2019

"sparkling service on board"

Not Verified | London to Muscat. Everything about this flight experience was just so right. A very pleasant business class lounge at Heathrow to delicious food and sparkling service on board the plane. Oman are really up there with the best.
RouteLondon to Muscat