Oman Air

"not even received a response"

Trip Verified | Jaipur to Bahrain via Muscat. My original flight was cancelled and I was put onto a flight the next day - since this did not work for me, the least I expected was some assistance - but not a single customer service representative could help and I am still going back and forth with them as I type this review (2 weeks after my flight!). The last 4 communications have not even received a response and when I try to call, they say you can only email us for this issue. Never going to deal with them again.
RouteJaipur to Bahrain via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2019

"a cut back in service"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Muscat. This was my 5th flight this year with Oman Air in Business. As usual friendly and professional staff. Amenity kit and pyjamas provided. What I did notice was what appeared to be a cut back in service. Pre take off not offered champagne - just water or juice. In terms of drinks service it was very slow and had 1 glass of wine for flight. Food was OK. This was an overnight flight so not really bothered about much alcohol but with most overnight flights you do get some breakfast, however light. None on this flight though. I got a great sleep - seat made all the more comfortable with great mattress topper. For that there is still high marks but I am starting to wonder if costs now being cut. I do hope this small friendly airline with great service does not go the way of Etihad - an airline we always used but now avoid.
RouteManchester to Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2019

"service on flight not so good"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Salalah. The service on the flight was not so good. Crew did not seem at all interested in serving passengers. They need to be more professional in their behaviour.
RouteDubai to Salalah
Date FlownOctober 2019

"flight was a pleasant one"

Trip Verified | Chennai to Doha via Muscat. My journey started off with a hassle where i had to explain the check in agent that Indians are allowed to fly to Qatar on Visa on Arrival and that Debit Cards also stand valid for acceptance by the Qatari Authorities. The Chennai check in agent was not at all helpful and held me up till the last and didn't give me my boarding pass as he wasn't sure sure about it even though i was literally the first person in the queue to check in. Other than that my flight was a pleasant one, with good service by the cabin crew and delicious inflight meals. The IFE was also good with good variety of options to choose from. Will definitely recommend this airline to flyers and hope that you get reasonable check in agents.
RouteChennai to Doha via Muscat
Date FlownApril 2019

"Service was very attentive"

Trip Verified | Muscat to Paris. Passengers started boarding while aircraft was still refuelling and therefore could not use any mobile device on board. Cabin had not been precooled and was hot and stale, it took about 30 minutes to cool down to a comfortable temperature. Cabin crew offered drinks and coffee as soon as I settled down to my seat. Service was very attentive and efficient during the flight and food was very good. Wine list is short but carefully selected (Sancerre deserves a special mention and should hopefully remain a long time on the list.) IFE worked without any problems but I found my remote control less reactive than usual. A smooth landing at CDG, on time, concluded a near perfect flight.
RouteMuscat to Paris
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Service was attentive throughout"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Bangkok via Muscat. A pleasant afternoon flight leaving and arriving on time. Choice of 3 main courses (but no fish). My choice of beef was tasty. Service was attentive throughout the flight. A lot of new movies in comparison to my last flight on this route 3 weeks ago. As a frequent flyer with Oman Air, I will rate this particular trip as above average.
RouteBangkok to Bangkok via Muscat
Date FlownOctober 2019

"They increased the transit time "

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Colombo via Muscat. Oman air rescheduled both ongoing and return flight. No reason was given. They increased the transit time in Muscat to 8 hours from 4 hours initially. They did not offer accomodation but offered a meal voucher. For people traveling from Asia to north america with an 18-20 hour flight time, the added transit time of 8 hours or more is very tiring. Meal vouchers are not needed then, passengers prefer to rest instead of loitering the airport. I doubt anyone in Oman Air cares as customer service to passengers is not their priority unfortunately.
RouteFrankfurt to Colombo via Muscat
Date FlownOctober 2019

"cabin staff were very good"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to London via Muscat. A very good flight. Check in was fast and efficient. The flights took off and landed on time with a brief was a brief stop in Muscat to change planes for the leg to London. There were the customary hot towels and drinks on boarding on both flights. The cabin staff were very good. The seat easily changed to a comfortable but relatively narrow flat bed and I was able to have good sleeps on both sectors. The choice of food was good and the portion size was more than adequate. When I arrived in London my luggage was waiting for me (I had got through Immigration very quickly and was surprised to find that my luggage was already there.
RouteBangkok to London via Muscat
Date FlownAugust 2019

"we were denied boarding"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Dubai via Muscat. Some passengers were not allowed to board and they mentioned that apparently the UAE government had issued a new rule saying that a minor difference in the place of birth between the visa and the passport. And even though the passport number matched with the visa we were denied boarding. We were able to fly with the same visa on he next day via flyDubai without any issue.
RouteDelhi to Dubai via Muscat
Date FlownOctober 2019

"limited leg room but I liked the PTV"

Trip Verified | Flew Muscat-Salalah return and there are only two options of which Oman Air turned out to be a good one. Our flight to Salalah was very punctual. Boeing 737 had limited leg room but I liked the PTV, which Oman even has on shorthaul flights. Attentive crew, nice snack and an early landing on both in and outbound flight. Leg room in Embraer 175 much better. Ground staff rather grumpy. Some of them must hate their jobs.
AircraftBoeing 737 / E75