Oman Air

"wait for a year to get my money back"

Trip Verified | I have made a business class booking last July 1, 2020 as they were still selling tickets via their website despite their borders being closed. After several cancelations, I have made a refund request and with no options on the table, I have agreed to wait for a year to get my money back. It's been more than 12 months now and I have emailed them last June and still waiting for their reply
RouteDubai to Manila via Muscat
Date FlownAugust 2020

"can get a refund after a year"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | In June 2020, we booked a flight to BKK through Oman Air as we were relocating to Thailand. As many others, our flights were cancelled by the airlines due to Covid 19. When we requested a refund, we were told by Oman air that we can get a refund after a year. Now it has been a year since we booked and we are getting absolutely no responses to emails from Oman Air. We do not live in Oman anymore and we can't get hold of anyone in the company to get our money back. What can we do?
RouteMuscat to Bankok
Date FlownNovember 2020

"wait 1 year for the refund"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Booked a flight from Bangkok to Dubai during covid19, June 2020 and the flight got cancelled! I requested a refund! The airline said will contact me back and i have to wait 1 year for the refund. After one year i tried to contact them again and got the email saying that they will get back at me in 15 working days but haven’t heard back. I tried to contact their call center, they said will pass the request for the refund team. It is very frustrating that you can’t talk to anyone and they just let you wait. I hope i get my money back. And will never ever fly with Oman Air again.
RouteBangkok to Dubai via Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2020

"My first and last experience with Oman Air"

Not Verified | Booked flights for March 2020. Unable to fly due to covid. Airline offered to extend tickets for max 1 year or a refund. I accepted the offer of flights at the time but covid meant that all flights were grounded until well after the flight date had expired. I contacted Oman Air for a refund and since have had zero response. I have emailed numerous times and made many calls but to no avail. The phone agents keep telling me they are backlogged (understandable) but also tell me that my refund will be processed within 15 days (refund has been verbally agreed). Many 15 days have passed but still no refund. My first and last experience with Oman Air. Would not recommend for the above reasons. As an airline I do not know how good they are as we never got the chance to fly with them.
RouteManchester to Islamabad via Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2020

"refunded the money for my ticket"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Oman Air are true to their word they have refunded the money for my ticket in full accordance with their regulations as promised. They are a very trustworthy company. Thank you Oman Air.
RouteBahrain to Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2020

"no refund after one year"

Trip Verified | Flight was cancelled due to covid. Still no refund after one year and lots of mails asking a refund. I wont ever book Oman Air again.
RouteMilan to zanzibar via Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Oman Air said they would pay it back"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | After posting my last message on this site. Oman Air have communicated with me again to ask me for the same information I have sent before. They tell me once again they will answer within 15 days its just playing for time, this is six times now. We had to cancel the flight due to COVID restrictions, we waited the year in accordance with the airlines regulations. Oman Air said they would pay it back in line with their regulations.
RouteBahrain to Muskat
Date FlownJune 2020

" not responding to my emails"

Trip Verified | We book 4 tickets to India on Jan 2020. Unfortunately this coincided with the covid pandemic, and both flights to india and UAE was cancelled. we request for refund but was only offered a rebooking for 2 year/ refund after 1 year of purchase date. Obviously did not expect the pandemic to last this long. The same pandemic situation we book other airline tickets, all airline give back my Money. We agree the airline policy and wait for 1 Year, on Jan 2021, 1 Year was completed, after the one completion on one year i am eligible for the refund, now they are not responding to my emails from last 4 Months. Customer care are saying that contact only e-mail. Visited their Dubai office but no use, no one dont know about their refund, all are saying that contact through e-mail, they are avoiding the e-mails for refund customers. Many times we traveled in Oman Air, now we was facing poor customer service and irresponsibility attitude towards the customer complaint.
RouteDubai to Trivandrum via Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2020

"only offered a rebooking for 1 year"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | We flew with Oman Air before the pandemic and the trip was satisfactory. So I had no qualms about booking with them again for my trip to Europe in 2020. Unfortunately this coincided with the covid pandemic, and both flights to and from Europe were cancelled. I was hoping for a refund but was only offered a rebooking for 1 year. Obviously did not expect the pandemic to last this long. At the end of 2020 I felt that this had gone on long enough, and even though they extended the rebooking for 2 years, it was just too hard to make any kind of travel plans. I requested a refund via their website and was met with an email offering rebooking or a travel voucher that could be turned into a refund after 1 year. This is unacceptable to me given the current circumstances, and obviously Oman Air is just trying to buy itself time and hoping customers will give up trying to get a refund. For my Europe trip I had two other flights, one with Air France (refunded immediately) and one with Easyjet (offered a voucher). The fact that A flag carrier like Oman Air is acting more like a budget airline surely affects its prestige. When the world goes back to normal I suspect I will think twice before taking Oman Air ever again.
RouteManila to Paris via Muscat
Date FlownMay 2020

"at least 10% of the passengers did not wear any face masks"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | Domestic Muscat to Salalah and return on Oman Air in early April. It is not easy to give a star rating for this trip. On the one hand, the two 1h-flights left and arrived on time. Ground handling was swift and friendly throughout, as were the flight attendants. Seats on the 737-800 were reasonably comfortable, and there was a modern touch screen (which I used only for the very good map and flight info functions). On the other hand and unfortunately as usual with Oman Air, cabin announcements were utterly unintelligible. Maybe connected to this, now to the worst: at least 10% of the passengers did not wear any face masks and another quarter or so had them hanging somewhere under the chin. While boarding was still rather civilized, deboarding on both legs was the classical cattle herd movement with pushing and shoving, and certainly as far away as one can imagine from socially distanced row-by-row deboarding. The cabin crews had either given up or did not care. On the day of the return flight, Oman reported new record Covid incidents and ICU occupancy numbers!
RouteMuscat to Salalah