Oman Air

"It’s really appalling!"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | I called the contact number on their website. The lady that answered seemed very angry. I asked about a refund I have been waiting for for ages. She went like just wait why are you in hurry? I asked if I could speak to someone else who could help, she said no. No one can help you. I called multiple times and every is worse than the other. The last person connected me to a said supervisor. The supervisor hang up to my face. It is both funny and frustrating how they treat their customers. What kind of management do they have? It’s really appalling! At the airport they are just as rude.
RouteDoha to London via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2020

"pathetic and poor service"

(Oman)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Muscat flight on December 19th 2020. This time they disappointed me with their service. During the flight I asked many times for water but the crew member didn’t not provide. My flight departure time was 2130hrs and this time they didn’t have dinner. They served only snacks boxes even I am pure vegetarian they didn’t have veg snacks box. I asked from crew member for veg box they said you can have chips and you can drink juice. How can you eat a small packet chips at the time of dinner. I asked for tea/coffee they said only beer we have. I am non alcoholic now tell me how can I drink. Very poor service at this time. You don’t have veg dinner meal, you don’t have water In flight and you are getting water after asking 25 times. Really a pathetic and poor service.
RouteDelhi to Muscat
Date FlownDecember 2020

"ignored any requests for information"

(Saudi Arabia)

Trip Verified | Oman air cancelled my flight due to covid restrictions which is understandable. But they did not inform me it was cancelled luckily I had checked the airport site to see it was cancelled, Oman Air sent me a email one month later to inform my flight was cancelled. Oman air has mostly ignored any requests for information and refund and if I do receive a reply to emails it takes around a month for a reply and offers no answers to refund requests.
RouteDammam to Bangkok via Muscat
Date FlownApril 2020

"Never, ever, travel with them"

Trip Verified | Zero stars like many here. Promised refund after 12 months of booking after cancelling a flight due to Covid, but then went into hiding. No reply to e-mails, 12 months have come and gone. But they were able to challenge the charge back that VISA originally authorized, but then had to withdraw again because Oman Air objected. Never, ever, travel with them!
RouteMunich to Colombo via Muscat
Date FlownAugust 2020

"don't recommend anyone to fly with Oman Air"

Trip Verified | I have booked the tickets in July 2020 then suddenly without any notification, Oman Air has cancelled the flight and refuse to refund us till date. The customer care is dealing with us badly, ignoring our calls and talking with us in rude language. I don't recommend anyone to fly with Oman Air.
RouteMuscat to Cairo
Date FlownAugust 2020

"refusing to refund flights"

Trip Verified | Outbound flight was really average. Food is not good, the flight attendants are sluggish and quite rude with customers if you dare asking too many questions, cabin and toilets cleanliness was also quite low. Inbound flight never happened. They have never reimbursed my cancelled return flights since last March. Customer service is non existent and they are refusing to refund flights which were cancelled by them for operational reasons, while in reality it was just a lack of passengers for this flight.
AircraftA330 300
RouteFrankfurt to Kuala Lumpur via Muscat
Date FlownMarch 2020

"up to one year they refund us"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | We never flew with this airline as they canceled our tickets due to COVID-19 outbreak. We requested full refund as the flight was cancelled by the airline but they never processed our request and they suggested it would take up to one year they refund us. Based on their policy at the time of booking our tickets, they supposed to refund us within 15 days and when I called their helpless callcenter they confirmed it would take 20 days at most to have our money back. It's already three month passed since we requested for refund and yet we haven't heard back from them.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Tehran via Muscat
Date FlownAugust 2020

"refund my money after 1 year"

Trip Verified | Our Flight got canceled due to the COVID 19. Initially they promised to refund our money immediately refund form submit through travel agency. After 90 days of refund request, Oman Airlines advised that they have changed the policy and will refund my money after 1 year of the purchase date of my ticket. We have spent $11000 a year go and still waiting for Oman Air to answer my phone calls. Air Asia refunded our money after 3 months of refund request.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Dubai via Oman
Date FlownApril 2020

"refunding tickets will be processed only after 1 year"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Since the beginning of this pandemic they stopped answering their phone calls, only automated replies via emails. Is there any one knows any other airline told their customers that refunding their tickets will be processed only after 1 year of the issuing date. Is this even legal ?
RouteDoha to Cairo via Muscat
Date FlownNovember 2019

"didn’t refund my return my half ticket"

Trip Verified | I went to Pakistan and there were lockdown and I spent £2300 to come back on different air line. Oman air didn’t refund my return my half ticket, no one reply on any platform or phone call. They don’t know what to do very disoriented with Oman air. Our agent said Oman air not replying his email, I rang and email them with my ticket as well - never get any answer from Oman air. I will never use Oman air again until they resolve my half ticket issue and I paid £2300 on top to get back home in uk
RouteManchester to Islamabad via Muscat