Oman Air

"complete and utter disgrace"

Trip Verified | Oman Air is, quite simply, a complete and utter disgrace. The airline treats its guests with complete contempt. Flights from Amman to Muscat and back were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic and they are refusing to refund, instead keeping my money (and that of countless other customers) when planes did not even take off. The airline has adopted a policy of hoping customers will stop pestering them so they can keep their money without providing a service. They refuse to help on the phone (or hang up on you) and direct you to an e-mail address. An automatic reply to all e-mails says you may have to wait 15 days for a reply. If you get a reply, they do not help or address any questions you have asked. It is just a copy and paste response. When you reply again, you get the same automatic message saying to wait 15 days. It is a system which seems like it has been purposely designed to annoy and frustrate. I specifically put several times I did not want a voucher or to keep the ticket open, and requested a full refund as is my legal right. This was repeatedly ignored as they kept offering to keep the ticket open. On one occasion I was told to fill out an online form to process my refund. I did this, and eventually got a reply again offering me to keep the ticket open. They eventually said that as per their terms and conditions, I would be paid 12 months after the tickets were booked. So they want to use people's money as an interest free loan. I asked several times where in the terms and conditions it says this and was repeatedly ignored. The reason for this is it is not in the terms and conditions. I also have no faith they will repay the money after this time. I was really looking forward to visiting Oman but my impression of the country is now permanently damaged because of the airline which represents them.
RouteAmman to Muscat

"Absolutely horrendous"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | Absolutely horrendous. Canceled our return flight. Didn't tell us. Waited at airport until 5am dealing with staff. They ordered us a taxi home, which never came. Returned to desk to find they had closed. Finally offered compensation in February, to which I agreed, and no correspondence since. Do not fly with this airline. They caused huge distress, showed no customer care whatsoever, and essentially lied about compensation. Never ever again.
RouteManchester to Bangkok via Muscat
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"appalling company policy for refunds"

Trip Verified | Most appalling company policy for refunds especially covid-19 related ones. You can not talk to an actual human being it is all done by email or online submission where you just get a stock response of a future travel voucher. I had 9 separate requests over 3 months go back & forth where I refused the voucher. They then said I could do a full cash refund but will only refund it after 12 months of the booking date. What type of awful company does that? In the end I got my credit card company to issue a chargeback against them which took 2 weeks. Luckily I’ll never have to deal with Oman Air again
RouteDoha to London via Muscta
Date FlownMarch 2020

"no satisfying customer service"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Frankfurt via Muscat. Most ridiculous airline in the crisis, no satisfying customer service or refund / rebooking policies in place. Avoid this airline.
RouteJakarta to Frankfurt via Muscat
Date FlownApril 2020

"no response about my ticket refund"

Trip Verified | London to Hyderabad via Muscat. My Flight was cancelled and its been more than a month now, that I have received no response from Oman air about my ticket refund. Wrote 15 emails, called customer care 20 times, No response. When you speak with Customer care, they refuse to listen to the customer and hang up. I have not received any proper response from any one in Oman air. On the Website and on the Internet, they publish stories, saying that they will refund the amount but they won't reply you even on Social Media.
RouteLondon to Hyderabad via Muscat
Date FlownApril 2020

"Comfortable seats, very clean cabin"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Bangkok via Muscat. Good handling at online booking with seat selection. For online check-in the seats were not available any more, so we selected other seats. Good service on bagage drop/check-in. Good flight service on the route ZRH to MCT. Rich choice of amenities (amenity bag and pijama), blankets for the flat bed seat. Good choice of food, very good selection of drinks. Very good service on the flight MCT to BKK. Good choice of food and very good selection of drinks. Comfortable seats, very clean cabin.
AircraftA330-300 / Boeing 787-9
RouteZurich to Bangkok via Muscat
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"a $175 cancellation fee"

Trip Verified | I have been trying to get hold of this organisation to get a refund for a cancelled flight. They advised that there would be a $175 cancellation fee which I accepted. They have now retracted and not responding to any of my emails or phone calls. I have completed an online complaint twice and emailed 16 different offices around the world to get a response. If you want to get a feel for this airline go to their facebook page and see some of the comments. What they are doing contravenes their fare rules and T&C's.
RouteMelbourne to Manchester via Kuala Lumpur / Muscat
Date FlownJune 2019

"Appalling customer service"

Not Verified | Dubai to Nairobi via Muscat. Appalling customer service. When other airlines are trying to help customers, Oman Air are not interested. Rude staff on telephone, charging for rebooking after saying they won't, refusing to refund. They are so busy on Facebook telling everyone how great they are but when it comes to after they have taken your money they are not interested. I will never use them again.
RouteDubai to Nairobi via Muscat
Date FlownApril 2020

"I would never use them again"

Trip Verified | Dubai to Bangkok via Muscat. We was due to fly to Thailand for my 60th Birthday, but due to the Corvid 19 situation the flights got cancelled. I have been dealing with Oman Air Sales refund team since 18 March 2020, despite the tickets being Business class ticket, I have not been offered a refund only that we can re-book the tickets within 18 Months. I have refused this offer due to that it was for a special occasion, but dealing with there customer care and being told to make a complaint through their on-line service (3 Times) numerous phone call etc. I am still offered the same ( No Refund). The worst Airline I have ever dealt with! I would never use them again.
RouteDubai to Bangkok via Muscat

"I asked for refund"

Not Verified | The flight got cancelled and the online checkin was still working and no one informed me so I had to drive 2 hrs to airport and back from airport after knowing it has been cancelled. I asked for refund since its mentioned in their website but they kept offering me reschedule flight within 18 months. I explained to them it is irrelevant for me anymore but I keep getting the same message as it’s an auto reply. I called and everyone say it not our responsibility submit online complaint.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Zurich via Muscat