Oman Air

"sitting apart from their parents"

Trip Verified | We had paid extra to be able to select our seats in advance as we want to make sure that we are sitting next to our two young children. For the second leg we had selected seats 33F, 33K, 33J and 33H. I was astonished to discover at boarding in Muscat that my seats had not only been changed post on-line check-in at Bangkok airport, but also at the point of boarding Oman Air were once again changing our seats. Twice after our online check-in and advanced seat selection without being informed. Neither of these seat changes were acceptable given that we had deliberately paid for "Economy Smart" class to allow us to select our seats at a cost significantly higher than the standard rate. The new seating had both our children sitting next to a stranger and my wife and I behind them. This is never a seating arrangement that we would choose as we always select three by a window and one across the aisle. It raises safeguarding issues with our young children as we do not know the nature of the people they are sitting with. I complained at the boarding desk who informed me that the flight was full but she would get customer services. Twenty minutes later the customer service representative turned up and informed me there was nothing she could do. I received no apology and had to board the plane with our 7 and 10 year olds sitting apart from their parents. They were distressed as were we. On our return I made a complaint through the online form only to receive a standard canned response. When I queried the response, as I hadn't received the service that I paid for, I received a one sentence follow up which does not make sense "With regards to the seats please be advised that the selected seats were payable seats which required to be paid." I have since sought clarification on the response but have been ignored. I cannot fathom why Oman Air would separate children from their parents and not inform them until the gate, particularly when we purchased advanced seat selection through our choice of fare. Looking at who was sitting in the seats we originally selected it did not appear that they required special assistance and the aircraft was the same as advertised. Finally the response from the customer service assistant is lacking in compassion and understanding. His response to this issue, along with the service we received when attempting to board the plane is some of the worst customer experience I have received in nearly four decades of flying. I emailed senior executives about this issue, the emails have not bounced but been ignored. Do yourselves a favour, don't fly Oman air.
RouteBangkok to London via Muscat
Date FlownAugust 2022

"they cancelled the flight"

(Pakistan)

Trip Verified | My ticket was confirmed to fly on Sun 7th Aug 2022. I was supposed to fly from London Heathrow to Karachi Pakistan via Muscat. I reconfirmed my ticket on the morning of Sat 7th Aug and they confirmed everything is according to schedule. I booked the cab which costed £66 and reached Heathrow. Waited in long queue of check-in and at my turn I was give the luggage tag only for Muscat. I queried this error and it came to my attention that they cancelled the flight and blamed it on Pakistan government declaring the public holiday at last minute. Regardless of this change I was dealt with it and fully cooperated with them, since having an empathy that these things can happen but requested them to store the luggage so I don't have to order a cab on my way back home and on Tue 9th when they rebooked the ticket, but honestly the way their ticket office attendant dealt with me was completely shocking and appalling.
RouteLondon to Muscat

"absolute wonderful experience"

Not Verified | Its an absolute wonderful experience with Oman Air for both my out and inbound from LHR to MAA and MAA to LHR via Muscat. All the cabin crew were friendly and very supportive, I'm impressed with a service of crew. Would love to fly Oman Air again and again happily with family.
RouteLondon to Chennai via Muscat
Date FlownJune 2022

"Customer service is appealing bad"

Not Verified | London to Zanzibar via Muscat. They changed my flight and lied about giving me a hotel in a 20 hour layover. Customer service is appealing bad and has been equipped to disappoint you. They have a poor Web form to send feedback that don't work.
RouteLondon to Zanzibar via Muscat
Date FlownJuly 2022

"well maintained, comfortable and clean"

Trip Verified | Boeing 737-800 2x2 configuration. Retro style seating was well maintained, comfortable and clean. In-flight entertainment was comprehensive. In-flight food was delicious. Preflight drink was fresh orange juice, cloudy apple juice or lemon lime mint. Cabin crew were friendly and helpful. Totally full flight.
RouteSalalah to Muscat
Date FlownApril 2022

"crew were hospitable and professional"

Trip Verified | Boeing 737 Max8 aircraft was in brand new condition. The cabin interior was immaculate. In-flight entertainment 'ARIA' was great. Cabin crew were hospitable and professional. In-flight dining was scrumptious and fresh. Seat was well designed and made good use of space. Highly recommended. I regularly fly Oman Air as I find their business class far superior to other airlines.
AircraftB737 Max8
RouteMuscat to Salalah
Date FlownApril 2022

"Oman Air is truly a pleasure to fly"

Trip Verified | Boeing 787 aircraft was immaculate. Cabin interior was clean, well maintained and serviced. Cabin crew were polite, professional and friendly. In-flight dining was delicious and well presented. My family and I had a wonderful flight. Oman Air is truly a pleasure to fly. Highly recommend this business class product.
RouteDoha to Muscat
Date FlownApril 2022

"cabin crew were friendly and professional"

Not Verified | The in flight services I experienced on this flight was excellent. The cabin crew were friendly and professional. I was connecting after a long and a tiring journey flying in from Canada with two prior long lay overs. The friendly manner of the cabin crew made me forget my fatigue. The airline did not serve my choice of food and drink. But the crew members were extremely diplomatic in negotiating the substitutes they offered. Please keep up your good work.
RouteDoha to Colombo
Date FlownApril 2022

"never met with such bad customer service"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | My family was supposed to fly in April 2020 to Muscat from Amman, Jordan on a short holiday trip. Covid struck, airports closed and I spend emailing back and forth with Oman Air for a good year requesting a refund. Their replies would come sometimes a month after I would write them and when it seemed I might just get refunded, I had ridiculous requests like submitting a photo of my expired bank card that I used to purchase the tickets and the like. Needless to say, I was never refunded, silence from Oman Air side for more than 4-5 months. I've never met with such bad customer service as Oman Air. I might still travel to Oman, but for sure I will never book Oman Air again.
RouteAmman to Muscat
Date FlownApril 2020

"wait for a year to get my money back"

Trip Verified | I have made a business class booking last July 1, 2020 as they were still selling tickets via their website despite their borders being closed. After several cancelations, I have made a refund request and with no options on the table, I have agreed to wait for a year to get my money back. It's been more than 12 months now and I have emailed them last June and still waiting for their reply
RouteDubai to Manila via Muscat