Norwegian

Norwegian customer review

So many problems with this airline pretending to have a long-haul service. They are constantly using older "leased" aircraft even though they advertised the Boeing Dreamliner experience. When they do actually use the Dreamliner any minor technical issue creates massive delays over several hours and a domino effect for days. Example flt 7002 on 19 Jun delayed until past midnight due to late incoming aircraft! This happens every 2 weeks it seems as I am a busy traveller to Europe. The website constantly has credit card problems even though on other airline sites my card works fine. Last but not least a very confusing baggage policy. Most airlines to Europe offer at least 1 checked bag but Norwegian's "lower" fares do not make up for all these extra fees and complications. Norwegian please do yourself a favor and do not play the long haul game. I will never recommend this long haul service to anyone.

(Sweden)

DY7011 on 23 June scheduled departure 17.45 from Copenhagen going to New York JFK although it actually left at 18.10. Why would Norwegian Airlines throw away their great reputation (we've flown with them dozens of times and always enjoyed the experience) by the appalling service to NY from Copenhagen. I didn't notice that the flight was not operated by Norwegian but instead by a cheap charter company based in Portugal. I wonder how many people look at this sort of detail when they are booking a flight on an airline company website. Unless it is pointed out clearly you assume if you are booking on Norwegian you will be flying to NY on a Dreamliner operated by Norwegian with all their promises of clean aircraft tasty food free WiFi etc. None of this is the case. The cost of the flight is not cheaper if it is a nightmare journey. Be advised. Check before booking.

Norwegian customer review

LGW to DBV and return. My first experience of Norwegian. It was a good experience. The outward flight was delayed by over 30 mins due to the late arrival of one of the cabin crew. Return flight left early and landed early. Boarding for both flights was quick and efficient. I paid extra for front seats with extra leg room and felt it worth the additional cost. The overall cost was however still lower than other budget airlines. The seating was on a par with the best of rival budget airlines. Overall Norwegian appear to have a good product; aircraft that are relatively modern and comfortable and efficient staff. If they can maintain this quality I will use them again in preference to other airlines.

Norwegian customer review

Traveled with them because they have direct connection LAX-CPH. Staff were friendly but they served the worst food I have had. There was no inflight entertainment. Next time I think I'd rather spend 4-5 more hours and at least get something for my money they weren't exactly cheap when all the extra charges were added up.

Norwegian customer review

Flew from FLL to Nice with a connection in Copenhagen on the way and Oslo on the return. The aircraft was clean and roomy the staff were nice and helpful. The meals were not the best but not awful as some comments say. For a long flight it was comfortable and a big selection of movies and music. The only unpleasant part was that in Oslo they did not have any indication that there was no dining and shopping once you passed passport control just a small overpriced snack bar. I would fly them again.

Norwegian customer review

On a June 10 flight from CPH-LAX we boarded a very run-down 777-200. The interior had ripped seat cushions peeling wall panels seats stuck in the recline position and an awful smell. The IFE was extremely limited with small grainy screens and within 40 minutes of the 11 hour flight one of the few lavatories was shut down due to the sink facet stuck to the on position. All the above can be somewhat expected with a low cost charter airline however what was must alarming was their flight attendants. On such a long flight they only appeared in economy about every four hours. Of course they were present for the pre-flight speech and then reappeared about an hour later to "toss" box lunches to each passenger then quickly pick up the trays (I say quickly because the majority of passengers took one bite and knew instinctively to not eat the meal). After that we did not see another FA for four hours. There was no drink service but we saw many passengers going to the empty galley and figuring out how to open the cabinets searching for water bottles and soda. There were children running and playing tag in the aisles and around the lavatories. Our flight two weeks earlier on a Norwegian 787 from FLL-CPH was wonderful. Great service free wine in economy (we did pay for the seat/luggage/meal package) and a nice IFE system. What a sad letdown to pay for a 787 ticket with a Norwegian Air crew but then be switched to euroAtlantic on a rundown 777-200 with a uncaring flight crew.
Value For Money N/A

(Denmark)

CPH-TLV-CPH. Guess I bought my ticket during a sale prices were cheaper than any other A/L with stopovers etc. and flights were on time and indeed very comfortable. Staff also very friendly and attentive. Only hassle would be the outbound security and passport session at TLV with huge queues along the way but that accounts for every airline I assume and is there for a reason! Found out their inflight magazine was worth reading had small useful stories about their destinations and fun fact articles.

Norwegian customer review

Gatwick to Malaga return. We were really very impressed with this airline. Plane was very clean comfortable seats and lots of leg room. Crew were pleasant and helpful. Checking in was so quick and easy. Would definitely use Norwegian again. Well done.

Norwegian customer review

My families second return flight this year. Experience was on time very pleasant cabin crew loads of legroom (I flew Thomas Cook last month - so cramped) good information during flight - just brilliant. Flight from Malaga Sunday at 7.30.

Norwegian customer review

I recently flew from the States to Northern Europe using Norwegian Air. The whole trip was miserable. It started off with a 5 hour delay trying to get out of the States and ended up with my return flight home being operated by HiFly. I am extremely annoyed with Norwegian Air and the fact that I was forced to fly HiFly back to the States. HiFly certainly does not have the "newest fleet in Europe" and offers subpar service. After complaining about my experience with HiFly to my Norwegian Air rep he explained that it was common for Norwegian Air to use this company cause Norwegian Air does not have enough jets and often runs into trouble with delays and cancellations. He went on to inform me the fact that I had food on my HiFly flight made me "lucky" as he often gets complaints that HiFly doesn't even serve water on its flights even the "long-haul" flights. Norwegian Air is not a company I plan on using again.