Norwegian

"not aware no meal included"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Miami. Online check-in wasn’t available. I was not aware there was no meal included on my 9 hour flight. Checked baggage is quite expensive, so it’s worth taking that into account when you book - another airline might be cheaper once you’ve added that and meal costs in. On the flight, I had to pay for headphones as the ones I had weren’t compatible. The entertainment system had a very small selection of films and tv shows. The one redeeming grace was being able to order food and drinks from your seat. However, on the return flight the entertainment system was broken, so there wasn’t a thing to watch/listen and you couldn’t order drinks/food. I waited and waited to order a drink and was told I wouldn’t be served until all of the pre-paying customers had received a meal and drink (over an hour after getting on the plane). The guy sitting next to me started to get quite verbally aggressive about the fact they wouldn’t even give him water. I know the airline isn’t responsible for customers’ behaviour but his frustration could have been avoided if they would have just given him a glass of tap water. His endless venting made my experience even more unpleasant.
RouteLondon to Miami
Date FlownMay 2019

"bag to be placed below seat"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Copenhagen. Ground service was slow and rude. First impression of the cabin crew was bad. Was putting my laptop bag on the overhead compartment and cabin crew demanding passenger with small bag to be placed below the seat. It happened twice, once to me and another time to another passenger.
RouteGatwick to Copenhagen
Date FlownMay 2019

"made it 45 minutes before departure"

Trip Verified | In our instance, it was not all the airlines fault, but it was a very frustrating experience. We were coming from Mexico, and got stuck in an absurd customs line. We were prepared for an hour, it took almost 2 hours. I had booked the flights separetly. I did not know that the check in desk closes an hour before departure. We made it 45 minutes before departure but couldn't check in. The agent only told us to call a 1 800 number, and I waited on the phone for 52 minutes before someone answered. This person told me I could have cancelled my the flight a half hour before departure time, but that time had passed by the time they answered the phone. We had to buy a new ticket which was not cheap since it was for the next day. I hadn't intended to buy the flights on the same day, and when I realised my error, decided to risk it. Bad decision. For anyone flying Norwegian, I'd recommend that you read all of the info on their website. I didn't, and it cost us a pretty penny. In hindsite, I would have tried changing or cancelling online instead of calling - the person on the phone was not there to help me figure out a good solution, she just stated the rules you find online, and I was out of luck.
RouteSan Francisco to Gatwick
Date FlownMay 2019

" you get what you pay for"

Trip Verified | Paris to Oakland. Norwegian Air has a cheap ticket price, but you pay for food, select seat, checked baggage, ear phones, pillow, blanket. The in flight 7.00 usd sandwich I bought was a piece of flatbread with sauce and cheese served in a plastic wrapper. My pre-ordered meal was overpriced and small too. The USB port did not charge my phone. I found entertainment selections on a 10 hour flight were very limited, and no music available. I would say you get what you pay for, and you get the bare minimum in service, food, and other services.
RouteParis to Oakland
Date FlownApril 2019

"knew I had excess baggage"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Gatwick. I knew I had excess baggage and before flying, and prior to travelling I was quoted costs £9 per kilo, and charged $15 at check-in, even though the agent knew the embarkation airport. The check-in agent charged each bag separately, even though each bag was within their limits. A nearby agent advised her of the cheaper method but she refused the advice. In addition, they charged for a computer bag, and then charged hand luggage as hold luggage, as they said it was too large and overweight. In total, we were charged $560 for excess luggage! I complained at check-in, and again to customers services in writing but to no avail.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Gatwick
Date FlownMarch 2019

"a very nice flight"

Trip Verified | Travelled from Gatwick to Tampa. It was a very nice flight. Was able to visit my lounge and show Norwegian Air boarding pass for discount. Will fly them again.
RouteGatwick to Tampa
Date FlownApril 2019

"Norwegian is a great option"

Trip Verified | Norwegian was great. Even though I live in Buffalo, it was worth the drive to Boston for a round-trip direct flight to Rome. It's a low-cost airline, so you don't expect perks but the entertainment system was high-quality and the seats were comfortable and had enough legroom even for a 6'4" guy like myself. As long as you're aware of what is and isn't included in your extremely low ticket price, Norwegian is a great option for trans-Atlantic flights.
RouteBoston to Rome
Date FlownApril 2019

"wouldn't fly again with them"

Trip Verified | To do the check in, I had to wait 24 hours before. The staff from Gatwick to Helsinki on 7th May were not really helpful at all. I asked for some water to take a pill and they don't have free water on board. They give you the option of watching their movies on board, paying £5 for 24h. My flight from Helsinki to Gatwick was delayed 2 hours. I wouldn't fly again with them.
RouteGatwick to Helsinki

"happy with our flight"

Not Verified | Dublin to Hamilton. We were very happy with our flight, the pricing was excellent, and we were treated well. Unfortunately we arrived late due to very strong head winds. They had to add additional fuel before take off, and we had to land in Goose Bay to refuel again. We were scheduled on a 373 Max which was grounded a few weeks before our departure, Norwegian did not cancel our flight, but instead used a less efficient aircraft that I am sure must have cost far to fly than the 737 Max. Therefore, we were upset when several web sites emailed us and asked us to apply for compensation because the flight was late. (That's like kicking some one is down) Thanks Norwegian.
RouteDublin to Hamilton

"No onboard vegan food"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Bordeaux to Helsinki via Oslo. We did not get any notification asking us to check in online the day before departure. When trying to check in online by ourselves from the airline website, the form did not recognize our registration numbers. 2 hours before departure we finally received SMS with hyperlinks supposedly containing our tickets. At the airport no self-service check-in was available so we queued at the check-in counter like everybody else. Check-in staff insisted to register our cabin luggage as checked luggage to discover upon arrival that our luggage got lost. No onboard vegan food options - no onboard wifi, no free water, We received a property irregularity report with a file reference and were told that our lost luggage would come with the next flight, but we did not get contacted by anybody more than one day later. Very poor experience with the website provided to track the status of the luggage.
RouteBordeaux to Helsinki via Oslo