Norwegian

"have to pay to check the bag"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Los Angeles. I was stopped by the agents at the gate in Gatwick and informed that I couldn’t continue with my hand luggage and told I would have to pay 88 pounds to check the bag. When I tried to explain my confusion, I was told to step aside and that I’d be removed from the flight. When I called the customer service number and explained the situation, the agent could not offer assistance or explanation. When I agreed to pay the baggage fee, the gate agent berated me.
RouteGatwick to Los Angeles

"delayed due to weather"

Trip Verified | The Amsterdam Schiphol drop off counter closed 3 hours before the flight, and no staff to let anyone know if we are even waiting at the right spot. Flight delayed by over 4 hours due to weather conditions, however the lack of staff at the gate to explain the reasons is inexcusable. Calling customer service was useless, as they suggested to follow the airport monitors.
RouteAmsterdam to Copenhagen
Date FlownDecember 2019

"we have 2 sectors cancelled"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Rovaniemi via Helsinki. Once in Helsinki, we are supposed to catch the 3pm flight. But one month before, Norwegian sent us an email saying the 3pm flight has now been changed to 10am on 1/12 when we are still in mid-air flying from London to Helsinki. No choice, we opted for their rescheduled flight Helsinki to Rovaniemi the next day. When we need a reason for their cancellation, as requested by our insurance company, they have yet to reply our online request. Our flight from Helsinki to Stockholm, Stockholm to Paris on 9/12/19 also met with the same fate of a flight cancellation. Taking no chances, we cancelled these 2 sectors totally and paid a premium for Air France flight. So out of 5 sectors booked with Norwegian, we have 2 sectors cancelled.
RouteGatwick to Rovaniemi via Helsinki
Date FlownDecember 2019

"miss my Milan connection"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Milan via Oslo. The flight was over 3 hours late out of Fort Lauderdale, FL, which meant I would miss my Milan connection. In Fort Lauderdale they told me I may have to be bumped because I had a low fare ticket because they were using a different aircraft. I ended up getting on the flight and they told me I could make it to Milan. When we landed we had to go out of baggage claim to get help. They put us on a Brussels Air flight that connected through Brussels and into a different Milan airport 8 hours later at 10:15pm. They refused to pay for an overnight or help with transportation even though I may have to buy a hotel due to the very late arrival. They do not have free blankets or pillows onboard. It was the worst and cheapest in terms of low class, experience.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Milan via Oslo
Date FlownDecember 2019

"return flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Barcelona. While on our flight to Chicago, I was informed via text that our flight has been cancelled and they will be re-booking us for the next flight on the following morning. That was not going to work for so we decided to call up Norwegian customer service and communicate with the terminal representatives at O'hare that we are requesting a refund on the Chicago to Barcelona flight as we will be booking with another airline. Instead of getting our refund for the outbound reservation (I am still awaiting refunding for that reservation) we got refunded for our return booking from Gatwick to Chicago. We were not aware that our return flight was cancelled and refunded. I had no access my bank account to verify which flight was refunded as I was traveling overseas. Due to this, we were stranded at Gatwick Airport for our returning flight on 20th October and had to pay for a separate last minute ticket the following day through another airline. This caused a huge strain on us as we had to incur a very heavy cost on this error.
RouteGatwick to Chicago
Date FlownOctober 2019

"goodwill gesture was $270"

Trip Verified | New York to Gatwick return. Norwegian has a promotion whereby one can bid to upgrade to a Premium seat. A few days prior to our return to JFK, we bid, and our $1275 bid was accepted and paid for, as we were notified by email. When we got to the airport, we discovered that our bid not been honored (there were no seats for us in Premium), but we had been put on stand-by. It was only after some heated haggling at the gate that we got seat assignments, but they were worse than our originals, and not contiguous. So a tremendous inconvenience, resolved only after much discussion. After many exchanges with Norwegian Air customer service, they refunded the $1275 upgrade bid. The goodwill gesture they were prepared to make for not honoring our bid, putting us on stand-by and then giving us worse seats than we originally paid for was $270. Pretty shocking.
RouteGatwick to New York JFK
Date FlownNovember 2019

"a complete money grab"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to New York via Oslo. Norwegian Airlines is the absolute worst airline on the planet. The ticket cost is cheap, but they will weigh your bags at the gate and charge you for almost any carry-on. There is nothing free during your flight. I was on an 11 hour flight from Bangkok to Oslo and was not even offered water. What was weird was that I brought a carry-on and a backpack on the flight from BKK to Oslo and it was ok, I was not charged anything but when I get to Oslo they weighed my bags at the gate and charged me $85 - it’s a complete money grab. They did this to about 100 flyers. This airline is a disgrace.
RouteBangkok to New York via Oslo
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Hand luggage was 1 kg too heavy"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Oslo to Bergen with Norwegian. Hand luggage was 1 kg too heavy. Had to check it in at the gate. The CAD laptop which is 4kg had to be carried in to the plane without protection. The flight was taking place in a storm, and somehow the company found it safer to have the laptop loose in the cabin than inside a suitcase.
RouteOslo to Bergen

"the worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline ever! I travelled from New York to London on Norwegian Air with my toddler and accidentally left my cellphone on board. It took them 4 whole days to recover the phone, and I won't waste time to mention the run around that I had to endure prior to this. Then, they sent me an email that I needed to pay £25 in order to get the phone back, which no one mentioned at any point. So, I went to the airport and talked to the Manager, and he was more eager to collect the money than to even listen to me, and his response was, "next time put up your stuff carefully." It's such a pity that I have to travel back with them, but never again! No matter how cheap the ticket is and I will tell my friends and family the same.
RouteNew York JFK to London
Date FlownNovember 2019

"case weighed at the gate"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to New York. I check in and was told I had to have my case weighed at the gate. The lady at the gate signaled me out and let other people with what appeared to be larger heavier cases in without weighing. My husband has a much lighter bag and she wouldn’t let me put anything in his bag. It didn’t make any sense as we were traveling together. I had to pay extra.
RouteGatwick to New York