Norwegian

"crew were smiley and polite"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Oslo to Barcelona. The boarding couldn’t have been more smooth, quick and very efficient. Cabin crew were smiley and polite during the flight. Arrived earlier in Barcelona and bags arrived very quick as well.
RouteOslo to Barcelona
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Norwegian carry-on size rule"

Trip Verified | Traveling from Oslo to JFK on flight 7001, March 2019. After checking in and waiting for a flight that was more than 3 hours delayed we were stopped right before boarding, and the sizes of our carry-ons, which were checked and approved at the check-in counter, were again measured against the Norwegian carry-on size rule. My bag was 2 mm over the line and I was told I must pay 650 kroner (~$76) and must hand my carry-on over to be checked in as regular baggage. The people who had fragile items or medicines etc. that they needed from their carry-ons had no time to re-pack. If we had been told during check-in it would have been manageable and people could have repacked, but to be approved already and then have that approval revoked at the last minute and the bag taken away. It was an inhumane money-making operation.
RouteOslo to New York

"Very pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to New York. Very pleasant experience. Thanks to Gardishja from the ground crew at Amsterdam Schiphol. Her help was crucial an very appreciated. Fantastic flight and smooth landings
RouteAmsterdam to New York

"have new luggage rules"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Oslo. The plane was 1 hour and 30 minutes delayed when we arrived to the airport. Oh well, that happens, no worries. We checked in and received our boarding passes, we also received yellow “approved” bands that the Norwegian helpdesk attaches to our small carry on’s letting us know we were approved to bring our carry on with us on board the plane. My grandmother just died in Norway and I made it clear that I had part of her ashes with me in my small carry on. That’s no problem Norwegian said. Of course you can bring it on, and now you have a yellow approved tag on as well! We proceed with security check in and head towards our gate. The plane is now even more delayed. About ten minutes before boarding the plane Norwegian starts bugging everyone about their luggage. Apparently they claim to have new luggage rules, so they are charging 750 NOK extra to take your carry on from you before boarding. The same small suitcase I just used as carry on with a Norwegian flight from LAX to Oslo 3 days ago, now was too big, and they said you have to pay now and give it to us - for the flight from Oslo to LAX. Everyone was so mad! Norwegian doesn’t inform anyone of this of course My grandmothers ashes that I already discussed and confirmed with Norwegian check in was taken from me. I was charged 1300 for my boyfriend and mine small carry ons. They were extremely unprofessional in handling this matter. They finally gave me my carry on back (but I was charged of course). I will never fly Norwegian again.
RouteLos Angeles to Oslo

"flight was smooth"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Gatwick. The flight was smooth and we landed earlier in London Gatwick. The screens were not or something? The flight attendants were not so polite this time.
RouteBarcelona to Gatwick
Date FlownMarch 2019

"was easy and convenient"

(Norway)

Not Verified | Trondheim to Athens via Oslo. Totally recommend you choose Norwegian. Everything was easy and convenient. Also the fact they provide FREE Wi-Fi on board makes the experience even better. Cabin crew was nice and helpful. Food is not included but you are flying for a low-cost carrier what'd you expect?
RouteTrondheim to Athens via Oslo
Date FlownJuly 2018

"I won't hesitate to fly them again"

Trip Verified | I had a great flight with Norwegian from Amsterdam to New York. The plane was very new with comfortable seats. I had a row of 3 seats for myself so I managed to get some sleep during the flight. The entertainment system works very well with lots of content and the screen quality was very good. I booked the plus package which included one piece of checked luggage and a meal on board. The meal was not so good and the buy on board products looked way better then the standard meal. You can buy products easily via the entertainment system and the crew will bring it to your seat. The crew on this flight was friendly and they even had some Dutch crew on board. I was a bit afraid of flying on a low cost carrier like Norwegian over the Atlantic on a long flight but their product is very good and I won't hesitate to fly them again.
RouteAmsterdam to New York JFK
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"refuse to refund two flights"

Trip Verified | I booked tickets for my children to fly to Los Angeles. My son is 13 and my daughter is 11. I found out that I needed a chaperone for the flight due to my son not being old enough to chaperone my daughter. I contacted Norwegian to book a chaperone only to be informed that they do not offer unaccompanied minor service on that flight. Why would their system allow me to book tickets that I could not use? No one on the booking was over 16, and they ask for the ages of the children, so how can it be we were allowed to book tickets that we could not use? This caused us a massive amount of problems, stress and headaches. I contacted Norwegian and was told me that I would have to change the flights and pay $120 each ticket, each way to change them. This was not an option as the booking system should never have allowed us to book flights we could not use. Instead I contacted them again to request that they cancel and credit me for the outgoing flights as my sister in law flew out here and took the kids back to Los Angeles at great expense to her in time and money. She was literally at Heathrow for 3.5 hours. I then had to book a turnaround flight to LAX from Gatwick on Norwegian to pick up the children on the 24th. I had to coordinate my tickets to ensure that I got on the same flight back so I was in Los Angeles for 24 hours. I cannot explain how incredibly difficult this whole production became purely because their system allowed tickets to be booked that could not be used. We spent an incredible amount of time, stress, and money to rectify the failure in their booking system. My sister in law spent thousands of pounds worth of air miles and I spent 448.70 GBP buying a flight that I should not have to have purchased. All I originally requested was for a full refund for the two flights that we were unable to use, which were the two leaving from Gatwick on the 17th. I have booked around 23 separate flights on Norwegian since January of 2018. I think you could say that I am a good client and one that they probably don't want to lose as we fly regularly between US and UK. Alas, after contacting them numerous times, they refuse to refund two flights that we did not get to use let alone the cost of the BA flights and the round trip ticket I had to purchase, none of which I was requesting. I only wanted the tickets that we could not use.
RouteGatwick to Los Angeles
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"bag was still too big"

Trip Verified | Norwegian used to be a great airline. When I saw favorable prices to my destination I jumped at the opportunity to fly with time. First of all, their lines are very long. It’s been two hours since I got to the airport and all I’ve done is wait on line. As I was 10 minutes into waiting on the first line to check in, an employee demanded I wait on another line to get my carry on approved AWAY bag checked in. Ok, waited on that line to find out my bag was too large. Again, it meets their already ridiculous size requirements. I take out and wear as many clothes as I can so I can have my bag on me. I have a train to catch the hour after I land so I wasn’t planning on spending any time waiting for my bag. The bag was still too big. I didn’t want to waste any time. Then I wait on that line and am told a check in bag last minute is $100. I feel like my urgency and willingness to comply was exploited. I’m minutes away from boarding and waiting on the typical tsa check in line. Would have just checked in a bag from home if that were the case.
RouteNew York to Madrid via Stockholm

"need to pay for food"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | I will never take a long flight with Norwegian, good for short trips within Europe. Flown from Bangkok to Helsinki. As a low-cost airline, you need to pay for food, drinks, blankets and headsets. Due to a delay I missed my connection to Helsinki and little assistance was provided.
RouteBangkok to Helsinki via Stockholm