Norwegian

(Norway)

FCO-OSL January 3 2013. Lines at check-in long as expected two counters open. After a while some fellow travelers and I started to clock/time the check-in staff. In my line the lady working at the counter clocked an average of 11 minutes to check in a party of two. Had the flight been on time many of us would had not made the flight in spite of showing up at the airport more than 90 minutes before the flight. Uneventful flight once we got of the ground if you don't mind rock-hard cheap leather-clad plastic seats and horrid "food" for sale. Normally people flying this route buy their sandwiches or salads at the airport to bring along for the 3-hour journey but again no time to do so. Norwegian utilizes this - at our expense - to the full. Thus I am changing to other carriers.

Norwegian customer review

Gatwick to Stockholm and back with Norwegian and would fly with them again. They don't try to scam you with paying extra for this that and the other. You have to pay for meals/drinks which is fair as on a short flight like this I would prefer a cheaper fare than free meals. Seats a little small. Friendly helpful service. Easy check in. The flight back was quite turbulent due to a storm and winds but the crew kept us informed all the time. Very good value for money. And they fly in and out of airports close to the cities not in the middle of nowhere. Glad I found them!

Norwegian customer review

My husband and I flew for the first time with Norwegian in January 2013. Overall we were satisfied. The event that shocked me was when I asked for a drink of water on my second flight of the day (Oslo to Tromso) and was told that I had to buy a bottle of water and there was no water for free available on the aircraft. This is the first time in 35 years of air travel all round the world when I have encountered this. We are encouraged to drink water on flights and security makes it difficult sometimes to bring our own supply.

Norwegian customer review

I have been using Norwegian almost weekly to Oslo from LGW for the past 2 months and I'm very impressed. The website is the clearest I have used in terms of price transparency and you even have a cooling off period of 4 hours if your plans change or you make a mistake on the date. Most flights have been on Boeing 737-800's with free Wifi. I like the light hearted cartoons shown on the drop down over head screen and they work in any language. This doesn't feel like a low cost airline.

(Finland)

HEL-CPN-HEL in November. Excellent efficiency friendly cabin staff great value for money - better than national airlines. A little bit small leg space. Recommend. Booked 3 more trips with Norwegian.

Norwegian customer review

Stockholm to London Gatwick DY4455 on 4th Dec. Flight cancelled last minute due to snow storm. Long queue to do re-booking. However when staff member knew that we have no accommodation to stay overnight for the next available flight hotel coupon and meal vouchers were issued without us asking. Good gesture even though cancellation of flight is unavoidable. Will certainly support Norwegian again.

(Denmark)

Copenhagen to Malaga. Flight 15 min delayed flight was clean but the seats very uncomfortable and there almost no leg place for a medium tall person so it was very hard and uncomfortable to sit for 4 hours. Even water wasn't served as a refreshment and you have to pay for everything. The flight was full which was very noisy so impossible to get some sleep. Since we got the tickets relatively cheap we weren't complaining. I would only recommend Norwegian to people who only care about getting the tickets cheap.

Norwegian customer review

I thought this was one of the best 'budget' airlines I've travelled with and would gladly do so again. Good prices good follow up service texts on the day with regard to gate number simple check-in no fuss regarding case size (mine may have been a cm or two over) charming staff comfortable seats in-flight entertainment free WiFi on board etc etc. All in all couldn't have been happier.

(Finland)

HEL-LPA with 2 years old B738 no sky interior seated in first row middle seat free good legroom free wifi huge plus. Leather seats have already seen their better days. They had quick turnaround time from previous flight and they managed to take off in schedule. Mainly Estonian FA's and one Spanish FA who were happy and social. No hot meals for purchase they sell only 9€ hot ciabatta bread. Flight time 6hrs 55 mins due to strong forewind. Flight deck made announcements in Swedish and English. Delayed arrival but luggage came fast. For the fare paid which was 40% less than rivals all in all an ok experience for frequent traveller and first timer for this airline.

Norwegian customer review

Bergen - Berlin - Oslo. Good flights found the new Recaro seating to be superior than full service airlines. Flight crew were very friendly and helpful and free Wifi on both legs is fantastic and unheard of in our country. A good budget airline.