Norwegian

(Spain)

I travel regularly ALC-LGW and the only bad experience was my last flight which was delayed due to the French Air Traffic Control strike which was no fault of the airline. Since I 'discovered' this low cost route I always try to book with them. I particularly like the free wifi on board and the easy check in at Gatwick as no queues to check baggage in. The only drawbacks are that you can only check in online 24 hours prior to departure and that they do not fly as regularly from/to Alicante as they do from/to Malaga. Would like to see direct flights from Manchester too! Maybe that is pushing it a bit! No problems with the flight attendants they have always been helpful and polite. Recommend them all the time now.

(Denmark)

Just flew from Tenerife South to Hamburg Germany. Flight no. DY5366. The boarding was everyone at once instead of in sections. There was plenty of waiting time. The staff were unfriendly and hardly communicated with anyone. They didn't even bother to welcome us onboard! One had to pay for food and beverages. Just odd that flying to Tenerife from Hamburg a week earlier with Air Berlin food and beverages were provided without extra costs. I did have to pay for a warm lunch onboard Air Berlin but everything else they provided we were not charged extra for. However on this flight they came twice with their food and beverages wagon and before we could enjoy the paid beverage they were asking us to return the empty cans and plastic glasses. Rushed and silly. The seats as you would expect on a low budget airline. Nothing fancy about the new fleet. The toilet was a total mess by the third hour into the flight. The staff didn't even bother to say goodbye when it was time to get off the five hour journey. If I can avoid Norwegian Airlines I will do so with all my might!

Norwegian customer review

I flew on July 7th from Ft Lauderdale to Gatwick. Flight was on time no one at the airport at 9.30 pm so security was a breeze. Very efficient boarding was in a premium seat which was comparable to other airlines business class. Lots of room nice quiet flight and I did notice much less drying of nasal passages which normally affects me. The Dreamliner is a vast improvement on lighting etc. The food service which was included in premium was actually quite good. Good movie selection really there was nothing to moan about. Nice friendly flight attendant. There is no WiFi on international flights. This is a winner for me needing to travel between Ft L'dale and Gatwick four times a year.

Norwegian customer review

We selected Norwegian in the hope of flying a Dreamliner. It was a huge mistake! Our flight from LAX to CPH was delayed for 25 (twenty five!) hours. Instead of a Dreamliner we flew an old plane from Euro Atlantic Airways with really bad TV screens. After boarding the plane we spent an hour before it actually departed. Our flight back from CPH to LAX was on time but again by Euro Atlantic Airways! In addition they lost our suitcase.

Norwegian customer review

Flew with Norwegian to Lanzarote 30/6/14 - 7/7/14. Can honestly say have never been more impressed with any airline - Norwegian delivered 5 * service with free wifi and comfortable seats. This was my first experience with them and will no doubt be my last. At Gatwick we boarded as soon as the gate was called which meant we left 30 mins early! Coming home we left 20 mins early due to low load. I must say Norwegian are one of the best for delivering quick and quality service. Compared to rival airlines Norwegian really have improved over the years and are becoming big contenders in the aviation market. I was also impressed by the self service check in which made departure quick and easy! Would recommend to anyone considering them.

Norwegian customer review

Terrible service delayed on tarmac at Gatwick for 45 mins due to brake fault. Eventually took off to Faro 2 hours into flight informed that because it had started raining there we had to divert to Lisbon which had a longer runway. On arrival told that buses have been organised for our onward trip to Faro. Nobody helped us we were all stood in the terminal building for 2 hours. Norwegian could not get us off the plane quick enough. Mums wanted car seats for there children etc yet again nobody wanted to know. The plane had the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in do not use Norwegian they have not got a clue about customer service.

Norwegian customer review

11/06/14 DY2430. 18/06/14 DY2451. I flew with a group of girls to Grand Canaria last month. I was impressed with this airline. The staff were approachable friendly caring and above all professional. The food I ordered was excellent. The flight was good too. I would like to say I was worried initially but would definitely fly again with them. Their staff are a credit to the airline.

(Denmark)

I flew JFK to Copenhagen on Dreamliner in March 2014 and it was great. My wife therefore booked a RT CPH-JFK in May 2014. Terrible. First off they switched the Dreamliner aircraft for some antiquated charter aircraft from "Euro Atlantic Airways." The plane looked like a heap of junk. On the outbound flight there was no sound for movies at her seat or the seats next to hers and on the way back no entertainment system at all. They shrugged at her and gave her a standard meat meal when asked for the vegetarian meal she had ordered in advance and paid 42 dollars for each way (42x2). No pillows no blankets. Why would Norwegian Airlines want to throw its reputation away like this?

Norwegian customer review

We booked Norwegian back in February to fly from LAX to Nice via Copenhagen on May 15 returning June 7. One reason we chose the carrier was for the Dreamliner service on the 10 hour flight to Europe and we decided after adding on all the extra charges to take the plunge and go for the Premium seats. I can't really say how bad 'Norwegian Air' was as we never flew them except for the leg from Copenhagen to Nice. Instead of the Dreamliner we ended up on a Portuguese charter 777 run by Euro Atlantic Airways. We got nothing the antiquated system on this plane didn't work. When was the last time you had an ashtray in your armrest? The food was inedible - even for airline food. The crew were on the verge of hostile and the seats were worn and uncomfortable. You couldn't even get a pillow! On our return flight we had the same experience (except the crew were a bit friendlier). I would never recommend this carrier.

Norwegian customer review

Norwegian Oakland - Stockholm with Premium Class on June 14th Dreamliner Boeing 787. Smooth check in at Oakland airport using faster lane comfortable seats and friendly Thai crew. Left and arrived on schedule. Service was fine and food equivalent to Premium Economy. Two meals included was average I bought snacks later since I was still hungry. Only one wine or beer beverage included (except for small cognac with coffee) otherwise alcoholic drinks are extra for remainder of flight. Entertainment system just OK only around 10 recent movies most options are re-runs. Still a decent value considering the non-stop flight and that Business Class on other airlines costs around $1000 more.