Norwegian

Norwegian customer review

Delayed over 43 hours on a flight home from LAX to LGW. The delay annoying as it was is made 100 times worse by the customer care or lack of. Being left for two nights to sleep on an airport floor with out blankets food and water is not acceptable. Families and travellers were left with no instructions on what to and where to sleep when no hotels could be provided.

Norwegian customer review

Booked a ticket for a flight leaving from London Gatwick on Friday 25 July going to Fort Lauderdale for a family funeral on Sunday morning. Given the circumstances I bought the tickets on Friday morning no delays were listed and I went straight to the airport. There the flight was initially delayed from 14.20 on Friday to 6.50am the next morning according to the representative at the desk. At the same moment received a text from Norwegian to say that the flight was delayed until 11pm the same night. No one knew what was going on. Eventually the flight was delayed twice more first until midnight on Saturday (a 32 hour delay) and then again until 8.50am on Sunday morning (a 40 hour delay). At this point I have been waiting at Gatwick for hours while the flight was pushed later and later. The final delay would have had me missing the funeral and no would could guarantee that further delays would not be incurred. I had to cancel my ticket and book a new one with BA for double the price which left right on time and gave me no issues. I cannot tell you how stressful this entire situation was at an already difficult time. I will never book with Norwegian again.
Seat Comfort N/A

Norwegian customer review

Flew from London Gatwick to Nice on 27 July 2014. Flight was delayed. But at 7am on Sunday morning it did not make much of a difference. Entertainment on board - excellent free wifi - great. But the time I looked up from the computer it was landing time. I will book again on Norwegian.

(Sweden)

Had a 42-hour delay on JFK-Stockholm with no information at all about when the plane would depart and why the delay actually occurred. The only thing they helped one with was a bad sun-chair that they called "bed". Well not really. Poor airline.

Norwegian customer review

Supposed to fly out on July 23rd from LAX to Gatwick. Once on the flight I thought not bad seats entertainment is ok then they announce that the flight will be delayed. We sat for another 2 hours without food or drink. Then 4 hours had passed people were requesting to get off the plane. After 5 hours on the plane they announced that everyone had to exit the plane and wait in the airport for further instructions. They started announcing that the flight would be delayed until later in the evening the following day. I received a text the next morning saying the flight would be at 5pm around noon the flight changed again until 8 pm. Arriving back at the airport the flight was delayed a half hour. Show up to the gate for boarding time around 7.30 pm and no plane. 3 hours later the flight is cancelled again. Staff were unfriendly. Do not fly this airline no matter what the saving is.

(Finland)

We flew Helsinki-Paris Orly-Helsinki 18-23 July. We knew this is a low cost airline and all extras must be paid for. We had some drinks and snacks which all were very good well worth the money. The seat comfort ok legroom as in other short haul airlines we have flown with. The planes were modern B737-800 free wifi was offered but we did not use neither did we use the inflight entertainment available on overhead screens. Outbound leg smack on time homebound 40 mins late on departure 20 mins on arrival. Boarding in Paris was quite chaotic. Everybody incl a lot of families tried to board at same time with no queue. Norwegian did not offer online check-in on these flights.

Norwegian customer review

I was recently stranded in Stockholm when our trip was cancelled on an overseas Stockholm-Oakland trip. My biggest complaint is the way the Norwegian Air staff continued to lie to us about the "problem" not telling us that the reason we were not flying was because of a dangerous technical fault in the plane. We got a variety of answers such as AC failure to a software problem. Our plane kept getting delayed later and later even though they could have told us much earlier in the day so that we could have found flights on other airlines. Delayed by over 28 hours. Additionally the overseas planes don't have wifi and is falsely advertised on their website as well as incorrectly told over the phone by the Norwegian staff. I would advise everyone to not fly with Norwegian air.

Norwegian customer review

Booked premium class seat on flights to and from Europe on the new Dreamliner. Tiny side note about the Dreamliner why do they need to automate everything? What was wrong with pull down window shades? They have this automatic dimmer thing that doesn't work. Bathrooms are fancy and unusable. Flight out was fair. Premium class gets you a bigger seat but do not expect much more than that. Small meal comes in a box. If you want a snack or extra soda be prepared to pay for it. I bought a box of chips which cost me $3.00 for a tiny little bag. Flight home to Oakland was where it really broke down. Arrived at the Stockholm airport (ARN) 4 hours ahead of my departure time of 16.30. I was notified at check in that the flight was delayed two hours. Sat at the airport waiting. They then added more delay time and presented everyone with meal vouchers. 100 Swedish Kroner. Sounds like a lot until you go to buy something. Finally after checking the website for Norwegian I noticed they still hadn't changed the status of the flight and showed it leaving on time. I walked over to the counter where I learned that the flight was cancelled. No notice no announcement. Nothing. So I do as instructed by the women in charge and collect my luggage and find the counter where they are giving out vouchers for hotels. They inform me that the flight will be delayed until 18.30 the following day! No other flights are available as it is too late. I collect another 150 Kroner voucher (almost enough for 2 beers). I go to sleep and wake up to find out the flight is delayed again. The new time is now 20.30. So the bottom line is this. Norwegian knew the flight would be cancelled as the plane was still sitting in Los Angeles at the time I originally checked in. It didn't even leave LA until 2.00 the next morning! If they had told me then that the flight was cancelled I could have had a better chance of getting another flight.
Value For Money N/A

Norwegian customer review

Just a follow up to the review on my Fort Lauderdale to Gatwick flight on July 7th. I returned on July 21st and had the same pleasant experience. The only downside to the return trip was the lunch was terrible which is an easy fix as in 'take your own'. I was in Premium and had a very comfortable flight. I was also fast tracked through security which is a big plus of a premium seat. Also Premium has a dedicated check in.

Norwegian customer review

My son and I flew no frills with carry-on Oakland to Oslo on the Dreamliner. A little last minute so the price wasn't phenomenal but still the best around. Super fast flight - excellent plane. We were comfortable even in the middle of the middle.