Norwegian

"9 months of being lied to over a promised cash refund"

Not Verified | Flight was cancelled due to Coronavirus. After 9 months of being lied to over a promised cash refund, which they had stated would be paid to me, they filed all these transatlantic flights under a liquidation and offered 1% cash refunds on them. Utter frauds and liars on the numerous times I was in contact with them too. They led over 30,000 passengers on the same path, in the full knowledge they would not refund them and file for liquidation.
RouteLondon to Chicago
Date FlownApril 2020

"they gave me cash points"

Trip Verified | I had a flight cancelled during the pandemic and requested a refund and they gave me cash points instead. Now I have been informed they are no longer doing long haul flight. which now makes my cash points useless due to living in the US. Now they refuse to give refunds saying that I agreed when I was given the cash points I gave up the right to a refund. The fact is they turned my requested refund to cash points without my approval. Now I know why, they never intended for any of the US flights to be refunded based on what I am reading on other reviews.
RouteLondon to Tampa

"I highly recommend"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Oslo to Trondheim. Amazing airline that I highly recommend. Low cost so follow their rules and everything will be fine. The best low cost airline with amazing staff.
RouteOslo to Trondheim
Date FlownNovember 2020

"Do not book Norwegian Air"

Not Verified | This airline does not care about its customers. My family and I were supposed to take the flight from LAX to Barcelona in May of the Covid19 crisis of 2020. Even though our flight was cancelled by the airline we were not given a refund for our almost $2,000 worth of tickets. We were only provided "cash points" even though a refund was requested to be used on a future flight. Let me tell you, there are absolutely no flights scheduled from LAX to Barcelona for the foreseeable future. Do not book Norwegian Air!
RouteLos Angeles to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2020

"Cash Points were not being given"

Trip Verified | My flight with Norwegian was booked for 22 May, but I had to cancel it due to Covid-19. Originally they told me I would be given 'Cash Points' for use against a future flight. After months of pursuing them for my Cash Points (their on-line claim system did not work) I finally received an email saying that Cash Points were not being given on internal flights, so no refund would be made apart from taxes. I had other internal flights in Norway booked with SAS. I also had to cancel these. Full credit voucher given within 24 hours for use in next two year. Norwegian - take some lessons in customer care.
RouteOslo to Longyearbyn
Date FlownMay 2020

"called to look into a refund or credit"

Trip Verified | My husband and I booked a trip to Paris for March 2020 that got canceled due to COVID-19. The original booking was made the year before months in advance on a credit card. By the time the trip arrived, we had paid off this card and canceled it on good terms. Once we received the email from Norwegian that our flight was canceled, we called to look into a refund or credit. Not only did it take two weeks to get someone on the phone, but by the time we did, a credit was not an option for them. We explained we used a credit card we no longer had; the customer service agent said, "We can't even confirm that was your card in the first place." She later said, " the best we can do is push out the trip as late as August." Okay, and my response was, and if COVID-19 is still blocking travel, then what? Sure enough, travel ban still in place, and I took her advice and tried re-booking it in this weird musical chairs nonsense and could not get through. Now the time has passed, and my husband and I are out almost two thousand dollars. Would it have killed them to extend a flight voucher for a later date?
RouteLos Angeles to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2020

"full refund received"

Not Verified | We booked way back but guessed it would be cancelled due to covid. 4th July recieved notification of cancelled flight 5th July, completed the on line form for a full refund, 7th July full refund received. I can only guess that those complaining tried to obtain the refund by phone. If they survive, I will have no hesitation in booking for Miami next year. Other airlines need to see how Norwegian deal with things and follow.
RouteGatwick to Miami
Date FlownAugust 2020

"waiting for full refund

Trip Verified | Still waiting for full refund a full 4 months after they cancelled in April due to coronavirus. Customer relations department does not respond to any requests for information or updates.
RouteNew York to Paris
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Norwegian changed our return ticket"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Norwegian changed our return ticket 1 day after arriving on Crete and removed 3 days of holiday. From 10 to 7 days holiday and even though there were several other flights we could have taken the same day as we were supposed to go they just didn't care and just presented us with a gun-to-the-head policy, where we either could choose to stay in Crete or go back 3 days earlier. The kids who had their first real holiday in years are devastated. And just for the record - I had already contacted Norwegian several times before to be sure there were no issues with our tickets in these corona times.
RouteChania to Copenhagen
Date FlownJuly 2020

"it is taking too long"

Trip Verified | I bought a premium flex ticket so should have no reason not to get a full refund for a cancelled flight. I was expecting to fly on July 8, 2020 but cancelled due to Covid. I am still not getting refunded and called 3 times already and filed a claim with the airline but still not receiving my refund. They keep telling me to wait but it is taking too long.
RouteLos Angeles to Barcelona