Norwegian

"One of the worst airlines I have flown with"

Not Verified | One of the worst airlines I have flown with. It was my first trip to Europe and I was ecstatic, that is until I had to deal with this airline. Their airline tickets were cheap but don’t be fooled, they will get their money from you one way or another. They weigh your carry on bags and personal items before you can board the plane. I was over the 10kg or 22lbs allowed and they charged $120 to check the bag (one way). They do not feed nor give complimentary drinks including water! You might as well pay for the air you are breathing. Other airlines charge a bit more for their plane tickets but at least you’re treated like a living human! How do they expect you to be on a 10hr flight without any food or water. I’ve learned my experience and will never fly Norwegian again.
RouteLos Angeles to London
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Thank you Norwegian Air"

Not Verified | New York JFK to Gatwick. Original flight booked with Norwegian Air was cancelled so we lost the price of our nonrefundable American airline tickets to JFK. We scheduled a later Norwegian flight and paid for two more airline American Airline tickets to JFK. Not happy that the original flight was cancelled but Norwegian did step up and reimburse us for the two original nonrefundable tickets to JFK. Was pleasantly surprised that Norwegian Air did this. Our flight from JFK to Gatwick was no frills but the plane was nice and it was a great value. Yes, we would fly Norwegian Air again. Thank you Norwegian Air.
RouteNew York JFK to Gatwick
Date FlownOctober 2019

"was only 1.5 kg overweight"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Terrible airline, I’m not going to use it again. I was flying from Madrid to Los Angeles, we boarded and we had a 1.5 Hours delay. It’s around a 12 hour flight. They don’t serve free food or water. You have to buy it. The cabin was so cold. We ordered some food - my food was disgusting and expensive. The flight tickets were not cheap and in addition, there is no free baggage. I was carrying hand luggage and was only 1.5 kg overweight (allowed 10 kg) and they made me pay 90 euros for that.
RouteMadrid to Los Angeles
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I was very pleased with Norwegian"

Trip Verified | Rio de Janeiro to Gatwick. I have flown to Brazil every year since 30 years ago when I moved to England. I have always flown British Airways. I understand why long haul flights are and can be so expensive, nonetheless I try to get the best price possible for a direct flight. I couldn't believe my luck to find out that a prestigious airline was providing a direct flight from the closest airport to me (1 hour away), and less than half of the cost for a round trip. The staff were very polite, friendly and smiley. I told them I was a nervous flier and 30 minutes or so after the take off one of the staff came and offered me to change seats to a less crowded part of the plane. The flight was very pleasant, calm and faster than expected. The entertainment was as good as the airlines I had flown for so many years. I didn't like the coffee but I never drink any coffee that is not a good Brazilian quality, produced and packed in Brazil. The food was not to my taste. The flight back from Rio was as good, and we arrived 22 minutes ahead schedule. I was very pleased with Norwegian and I will fly with them whenever I need to if they keep providing their services from Gatwick. Thank you. A happy customer.
RouteRio de Janeiro to Gatwick
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"flight was delayed by 4 hours"

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Gatwick. Our flight was delayed by 4 hours. The only communication I received was 2 text messages with approximate departure time. When arrived to the airport there was no a single representative of the airline to explain what was happening with the flight. In the text message they sent they asked to arrive to the airport at the original time and go straight to gate C36. You have to go through passport control and there is no way out. In that area there was no one to talk to passengers and explain what was going on. The flight kept being delayed and the only way to know it was to go online and see that there were new times. There was no information at the airport on the screen. They offered meal voucher but there was no one giving those vouchers out. They kept claiming via chat on Facebook this was due to the weather but other flights were going to either Heathrow or Gatwick.
RouteCopenhagen to Gatwick
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"arrived 15 minutes ahead of time"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Norwegian flight from Copenhagen to Helsinki on 07feb operated by Jet Time. Departed five minutes ahead of schedule and arrived 15 minutes ahead of time. Due to the shortage of planes Norwegian has wetleased a number of planes from other companies. Because of this issue this flight was operated by Danish charter airline Jet Time with a not entirely new Boeing 737-700. The plane was a little worn but fine for the short one and a half hour flight, The Jet Time cabin crew seemed to be a little less trained than Norwegians regular crew but they were smiling and helpful if people had questions. In general I would much prefer flying Jet Time rather than facing a cancellation due to the shortage of planes. However if you expect modern planes, decent legroom and wifi you should probably not choose a flight operated by Jet Time.
RouteCopenhagen to Helsinki
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"My roller bag was overweight"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Oslo. My roller bag was overweight so could not be a carry on and I had to check it at a cost of 90 euros per leg. I have never had a good experience with their ticket counter, they are short with me and seem to be bothered by my mere presence. I would never recommend this airline.
RouteBerlin to Oslo
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"staff were rude and unhelpful"

Not Verified | Denver to London Gatwick. Stranded at 1am after an 8.40pm flight got cancelled. The staff delayed and delayed us with little information or compensation other than a meal ticket. When they finally cancelled on us, 700+ people had to find somewhere to sleep at 1am and they didn't fly us until the next evening. The staff were rude and unhelpful. Their contact center is useless, forget ever getting any compensation, and no tickets under any circumstances are refundable because this business doesn't support it's customers. Do not fly with them, no matter how good their prices are, once you finally board (and they're often late) the experience is less than satisfactory, TV screen didn't work, uncomfortable seats, terrible food, grumpy staff.
RouteDenver to London Gatwick
Date FlownApril 2019

"You have been warned"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Barcelona. No, and if you do, do not say you were not warned. They have changed since they started having financial problems. They will get more money from you than you originally planned. It's their new thing. I read all the notices. I weighed my bags. They still got me for $880 in addition to the amount I booked for two tickets. They added upgrades without my approval. I was not given upgrades I had, even with an email proof. They were rude. They handled everything horribly. There were painfully long delays that were caused by the airline's incompetence. I'm really good at traveling on economy airlines. I don't need food and water. I don't need a lot of room. But I expect to be treated with respect, and I do not expect to be scammed. And forget about working things out with their customer service department after the fact. They have nothing to gain from refunding you diddly. If you are flying to Barcelona, take TAP - same price but they are a real airline. You have been warned.
RouteLos Angeles to Barcelona
Date FlownDecember 2019

"we absolutely loved it"

Not Verified | New York to London Gatwick. First time flyer with Norwegian, hopefully not the last. When I booked this flight, I read reviews after I had booked the flight and was horrified. This was for my husband’s birthday. However, we absolutely loved it. The airline was prompt, clean, all the staff were courteous from check in to leaving the plane. I would totally recommend flying with them. Flying home, we bid for premium seats and we lucky enough to get them, big seats lots of leg room, attentive staff. Please ignore all the horrific reviews. They were amazing.
AircraftDreamliner