Norwegian

"satisfied with the airline"

(Slovenia)

Not Verified | New York to Copenhagen. After some reviews I was a little nervous about flying with them. But it was fine. The Boeing 787 is nice, the "mood lighting" is definitely a trip, and the seats were nothing special but ok. I will note that I am plus sized and the seatbelt didn't fit on this particular aircraft. It did fit on the flight I took from CPH-JFK a few days ago, so apparently it was the luck of the draw? Anyway, flight attendant was very nice about getting a seat belt extender for me. I could just barely get the armrests down but luckily no one was sitting next to me so I just left the armrest up for the flight. I also have mobility issues and walk with a cane, and I was supposed to have priority boarding but the plane arrived late so we boarded nearly an hour late, and they just did a general cattle call and everyone swarmed up to the gate. In spite of the late take-off, though, the flight should get to Oslo nearly on time. The free wifi is pretty terrible, and they don't give you free water. But knowing these things in advance you can bring your own food and drinks. Flight attendants on this flight were friendly and nice. Overall, despite a few glitches I am satisfied with the airline and would fly them again.
RouteNew York to Copenhagen
Date FlownNovember 2019

"flight was very pleasant"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Oslo. The flight was very pleasant and on time. I chose my seat in the overwings exit so it was very comfortable. The crew was extremely polite as always. Looking forward to my next flight with Norwegian.
RouteBarcelona to Oslo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Schiphol shuffles low cost carriers around"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Amsterdam to Copenhagen. Arrived more than 2 hours before departure, checked in, went through security and waited in the lounge on November 7th. Shortly before boarding the gate was changed from D60 to M3. In the airport there are no signs to direct you to M3 and no staff could guide. To go from D60 to you M3 you have to exit through the baggage area and into an other terminal. Just saw the cabin door close when finally arriving at the new gate. Schiphol apparently shuffles low cost carriers around all over the airport in the last minute. Had to get a hotel for the night and buy an expensive last-minute SAS ticket to get home the following morning.
RouteAmsterdam to Copenhagen
Date FlownNovember 2019

"experience only gets better"

Trip Verified | I have flown this airline many times and the experience only gets better. The crew have always been really friendly up in the air and the team on the ground are also very helpful. You see people complaining but this is normally because they haven't followed basic rules or fully understood what a "Low cost carrier" is. Norwegian is a great experience, comfortable with space. The WiFi is great and the Premium Packages are also at good value, I had an incident with it where my messages where taking about 30 seconds to send each time (not a big deal) and even though I didn't ask, they sent me a full refund about 2 days after my flight was taken. Apart from this, not only is it fast but the portal has Audio Books, Movies, TV shows and even allows you to Order duty free ahead of arrival at certain airports, as well as a "Things to do" and a "Moving Map". The crew actually care about the job and care for passengers. For example, a passenger got a coffee which was a little cold and instead of ignoring him, the Cabin Crew went and made him a fresh one instantly. This was really good service and was dealt with in an efficient way. The little extra touches also make a good difference and this will always be my airline of choice. I really hope they pull through the Winter Season and I hope that they continue to expand. To quickly summarise, you get a really good flight at a really low price.
Aircraft737-800
RouteGatwick to Tromso

"nothing was complimentary"

Trip Verified | My flight from Denver to Paris was 5 hours delayed. They didn't tell me what was going on until hour 4, which they chalked it up to mechanical issues. It was pretty clear at hour 3 I was going to miss my next flight in Paris with easyJet, I tried to get information on my options, but the person at the gate was rude. The flight was less than great, since nothing was complimentary, do my research before I book next time. Missing my easyJet flight from Paris. On my flight back from Paris to Denver, the flight was delayed an hour. I sent in my incident report to this airline to get reimbursed for the $150 I lost, and a month later they tell me it was out of their control.
RouteDenver to Paris

"flight was really good"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | The flight was really good we were one hour earlier in Barcelona. Since it was the first flight from San Francisco to Barcelona they upgraded people in the gate complementary. The crew was also excellent.
RouteSan Francisco to Barcelona
Date FlownOctober 2019

"exceeding the baggage allowance"

Trip Verified | Oslo to Berlin. Some people were made to pay 75 EUR for exceeding the baggage allowance which includes duty free items. Incredibly rude and aggressive to me - told to either pay, leave the bag or be denied boarding. You lost me as a customer.
RouteOslo to Berlin

"my seat too tight"

Trip Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Copenhagen. I'm a 1,83m, 85kg, average body, not fat. In a new Boeing 787 with 9 seat per row, my seat was too tight for a 10-hour trip. Obviously my shoulders were out of the seat, consequently, every time the hostesses passed, they woke me up. My food was scarce, and even the snack, having to order using the seat screen, charging sodas ($3.50 a can of soda).
RouteFt Lauderdale to Copenhagen

"why they can't refund"

Trip Verified | I purchased 4 flights for my family three months before our holiday. Norwegian changed two of the flight times and instead of offering a refund are charging a premium to adjust my tickets to an alternate flight. I have had to re-book 10 tickets and pay twice now for each of the flights as Norwegian don't take responsibility for changing flight times if its 60 mins or less. I don't understand why they need to be adjusting flight times 3 months out and I don't understand why they can't refund my tickets 3 months out.
RouteKrakow to Turramurra via Helsinki
Date FlownOctober 2019

"not eligible for refund"

Trip Verified | New York to Paris on low-cost airline Norwegian. A few months ago we booked a trip from JFK to Paris France. We paid roughly $300 more a ticket so that we would not fly a budget airline. Roughly a week before our flight we received a text message that our flight itinerary has been updated. "We wish to inform you that your flight DY7022 from JFK to CDG at 19.09.2019 23:15 will now be operated by Wamos A330-200. The departure time, flight number and booking reference is the same. We regret to inform that the inflight entertainment is limited on this flight. We are sorry for the inconvenience." We called and explained that we do not want to fly on that airline. The representative informed us that we would be receiving a 75% discount if we stayed on the airline and flew with Wamos and to file a claim which would be approved in 4-6 weeks. We decided to keep our flight and filed the claim. Shortly after we returned home we were asked to provide our bank number and other items for the refund. As soon as this information was given, we received a "Denied" claim stating that we are not eligible for this refund since we did not originally purchase class tickets. Please be careful with this airline.
RouteNew York to Paris