Norwegian

"left a very poor impression"

Trip Verified | Rome to Newark. My boyfriend and I have been a frequent flyers of Norwegian, but this experience has caused us to avoid any future flights. The moment we handed over our boarding pass, the staff threatened to charge us a €160 check-in fee for our luggage. Without even giving us a fair chance to measure our luggage within the proper dimensions cage, they rushed us to hand over a credit card. The staff even went as far as threatening us to pay the fee or leave our luggage behind. Out of fear of missing our flight, I handed over my credit card. However, after my boyfriend nearly forcing his way to a proper chance of putting our luggage in the measurement cage, we showed that our bags were within the proper dimensions and weight. Even after proving our compliance with bag rules, the staff member proceeded to make up other excuses to charge us (ie. "You took out a coat, so it does not count"). When the staff realized she was in the wrong, she did not offer any apology nor compensation for this inconvenience and unprofessionalism. In fact, she initially refused to show my receipt for the cancelled transaction, and told us to "check our bags better next time" even though it showed we had done nothing wrong. We were the first in line to board to plane for our section, but because of all this, we ended being the very last. This left a very poor impression on your airline's customer service. We had have many positive flights from Norwegian Air and extremely disappointed on how this situation was handled.
RouteRome to Newark
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"a really good experience"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Barcelona to Stockholm. The flight was on time which is a must and the boarding was really smooth. I was able to choose my own seat and it was very comfortable. The cabin crew were very polite and the WiFi onboard is great. Just don’t understand why aren’t the screens coming down anymore. It was a really good experience having the screens since no airline is doing that anymore and apparently Norwegian is following the same path. Great Airline
RouteBarcelona to Stockholm

"Very disappointed"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Orlando to Gatwick on low fare ticket. Seats very cramped, no pillows, blankets etc. Everything designed for you to pay more, ie purchasing drinks and foods. We had purchased in flight meals, definitely not worth the money the morning offering of a cold hard roll. Staff just ok I'm afraid, one member of staff after having paid for drinks proceeded without speaking to plonk them down without a word. Very disappointed.
RouteOrlando to Gatwick
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"comfortable and sufficiently spacious"

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Luleå. The airline arrived late but the crew were apologetic and hurried all passengers to hasten their speed of boarding to make up for lost time. The seat was comfortable and sufficiently spacious. Even comes with free wifi!
AircraftBoeing 737-Max
RouteStockholm to Luleå
Date FlownDecember 2018

"2kg carry-on weight extra"

Trip Verified | Paris to Boston. They charged me $91 for 2 kg of carry-on weight extra. It took me 2 days on their website to book a ticket because the website doesn't take punctuation such as str. ave. etc. As a low-cost airline no free water was offered. I have been writing to Norwegian airlines for months and all I get is "this is our policy. We charge for every kg overweight, we charge for water, a blanket etc,
RouteParis to Boston
Date FlownJune 2018

"value for money below average"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Stockholm to Dubai return. Check in in ARN (Stockholm) pretty smooth. Food and snacks were available for purchase on board. No blanket or pillow provided. No in-flight entertainment (which we were aware of), but Wi-Fi on-board was not installed either (which we did not know of). It felt like the AC was not functioning properly as everyone in the cabin was sweating. Seats ok regarding this was economy class. On our return flight from Dubai, the aircraft was late which affected our boarding. The crew by the gate seemed to be confused, so first they call families and passengers needing assistance to come forward, only to wait for another half an hour. At the same time they called for "Zone A" passengers, not mentioning anything for passengers (like us) that had Priority boarding! In the end everyone just buzzed forward towards the gate with absolutely no order at all. The flight experience was worse this time as the cabin was freezing. No Wi-Fi on that flight, which this time was ok as this was a night flight so hopefully we would sleep through it. No blanket or pillow supplied free. I don't think we are going to be flying Norwegian again if other options are available. Specially not for longer flights. Our tickets were not that cheap and the value for money was below average.
AircraftBoeing 737-M8
RouteStockholm to Dubai
Date FlownDecember 2018

"the best budget airline"

Not Verified | Malaga to Gatwick. First time we’d flown with Norwegian. By far the best budget airline. The staff were attentive and so friendly. The seats were comfortable with good leg room. Highly recommended, will definitely book with them again
RouteMalaga to Gatwick
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Great flights. Highly recommended"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Gatwick via Oslo. Great flights. I flew via Oslo just for fun. I was meant to have 2.5 hours in Oslo, but departure from Vienna was delayed becouse of the bags of No-show passengers having to be removed - not Norwegians fault. This delayed us about 45 minutes. Also, the flight time was also longer than scheduled because of winds up to 200KM/H. Again, this was not the fault of Norwegian. The only downside was that the new B737-MAX8 hadn't got WiFi installed yet. We arrived in Oslo, and they made everyone wait while us passengers with short connections where allowed off first. I had just over an hour, but I was looking forward to having a look, so I wondered outside into the lovely snowy Norwegian winter. After about 10 minutes, with about 55 minutes left till takeoff, I went back in, quickly cleared security, and got to my gate. Our second flight was about 30 minutes latte, but we made up most of the time en route to Gatwick. Reasonable food prices, good hand baggage allowance (2 bags). However, at Oslo, they took my hand luggage case, because the flight was full. Again, i totally understand this, had the whole row to myself on both flights, I got lucky. Great flights. Highly recommended.
AircraftBoeing 737-MAX8 / 737-800
RouteVienna to Gatwick via Oslo
Date FlownDecember 2018

"they have the best value"

(Finland)

Trip Verified | Helsinki to Prague. New Boeing 737-8Max. But again, as so many times before, they didn't have wifi onboard. Anyway, the flight was little bit delayed. I was travelling with 3 friends, and we didn't want to pay extra for anything, so we got Free normal size cabin bad of 10kg (yes, that's good). Seat was given at airport's check in machine. I got an aisle seat at front. My fried got the first row entirely so I moved there (extra leg space and this felt like in business class). Two other got some packed tiny seats somewhere. There was snacks and drinks to buy, so we bought Finnish long drinks. Not so expensive. Crew were smiling and professional. Overall, with this value (50eur) everything was ok. I like Norwegian as they have the best value and many discounts. Just get this wifi thing sorted and i can say i love you.
RouteHelsinki to Prague
Date FlownNovember 2018

"pay +$80 for our carry ons"

Trip Verified | There were three in our party, each of us packed 26 kg, when we get to Vegas to check in, she said we were wrong and it’s 20 kg and that it’s $100 more. I raced to buy more luggage, finally got it evenly dispersed then when we checked in with another staff, it was $200 ($100/leg). Basic, sorry about your luck. We asked about our carryons, she weighed them and said we were good (no tags added to bags). When we got to London to board our Barcelona flight, staff made us pay +$80 for our carry ons. When we said the lady in the USA weighed them and said they were good, she said “just because the US can’t do their job, doesn’t mean I won’t do mine!” Then, she let a teenager with a much larger/heavier bag go through (no additional charges).
RouteLas Vegas to Barcelona via Gatwick