Norwegian

"proved to be very decent"

Trip Verified | Alicante to Munich. Booked a return trip to Spain on short notice. Price and flight timings were good, but I was not expecting a lot. However Norwegian proved to be very decent and did not feel as low-cost as others. Comfortable seats (pitch felt bigger then e.g. on LH), on-time, crew friendly and free Wifi made the flights pass easily. Would not hesitate to book again within Europe.
RouteAlicante to Munich
Date FlownNovember 2018

"delayed and finally cancelled"

Trip Verified | New York to Copenhagen. Our flight was initially for 11PM on 11/15. It was delayed, and then finally cancelled at 3AM on 11/16. We were told by a representative that they would put us in a hotel and reimburse us for travel/hotel expenses. All hotels were booked through them, but somehow we were able to find one on our own. We wake up a few hours later to confirm our flight for 11/16. After being on the phone for 1.5 hours, with most of the time being on hold, I confirmed that we had a 10:30PM flight with the representative. I even stayed on the phone to confirm that we had this flight confirmation sent to our email. We get to the airport 4-5 hours before our flight just to be told that our flight is at 2AM on 11/17. At JFK here was a customer service representative on site who was refusing to provide service to customers. As a last resort, we called the 1-800 number to speak with a representative, the conversation was worthless. No voucher was offered - nothing.
RouteNew York to Copenhagen
Date FlownNovember 2018

"only serve you free water if you ask"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to New York. They only serve you free water if you ask. Everything else you have to pay for. Very cramped seats and even if you purchased food not only is it expensive it doesn't look good. I encourage you to bring your own food and drink.
RouteGatwick to New York
Date FlownNovember 2018

"it was a comfortable flight"

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Rome on Norwegian. Overall it was a comfortable flight. They did delay departure for about 45 minutes. It might have been due to the late arrival of the crew. It was a flight in the evening so it did involve a scramble in Rome to get the last train, which was luckily delayed 30 minutes. I will always fly Norwegian as it is my low cost carrier of choice.
RouteCopenhagen to Rome
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Overall a great flight"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Copenhagen on Norwegian. Originally I was to fly direct to Rome but they cancelled that flight. The replacement flights worked for me via Copenhagen. I was able to spend time in a business lounge in Copenhagen. The only problem I had was that the lounge did not display all flights, only international flights as it was a business lounge in the international terminal. I checked my flight using my phone and everything was okay. Norwegian did update me via email concerning a flight delay and gate number change. Overall a great flight. I will fly on Norwegian whenever possible.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Copenhagen
Date FlownOctober 2018

"ground service is the worst"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Dubai to Oslo. Never using Norwegian again, rude staff and poor customer service, the flight has been delayed. The ground service is the worst.
RouteDubai to Oslo

"very tiny seats"

Trip Verified | Rome to Newark. We booked to fly the dreamliner not Privilege Style, and did not get a text, email or any notification about the change. There was no WiFi, power stations, and very tiny seats. seats reclined back to where the person in front of me was in my face. The person behind me kept kneeing me in the back and verbally asked me to push my seat up, even complaining to the staff that my seat was "too far back". I had no leg room for a 10 hour flight. They had 2 movies playing, that ran on Re-run and then no TV for the next 5 hours. Why would Norwegian change our flight and not notify us?
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteRome to Newark
Date FlownNovember 2018

"not fly Norwegian ever again"

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Ft Lauderdale. On flight back home from Copenhagen on November 4, 2018, I had to pay $92.10 for my carry on bag. According to the attendant at the gate and ready to board, I was only allowed to bring on two hands bags to the plane. I was carrying my purse (small), my small carry on luggage and the shopping bag from my duty free purchase, so according to her this was considered hand luggage as well. Never in all the airlines I have flown before ( and it’s been many) have they considered my duty free bag as a carry on. Therefore she made me checked in my carry on luggage and pay 92.10. Mind you they do not advised you of this at the check in counter, but waited until I was at the gate to tell me and off course charge this outrageous amount. If I would have known, I would have not purchased a thing. According to one of the attendants there was plenty of room in this flight. They even charge you for headphones. Norwegian, advise your customer at check in that you are only allowed to bring two bags on the plane, and that the duty free shopping bag, no matter how small, will be considered a hand luggage. As for me and my family and friends will not fly Norwegian ever again.
RouteCopenhagen to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownNovember 2018

"assured our luggage was on the plane"

Trip Verified | The flight was generally ok. As stated by many others you get what you pay for so it is very basic. But the customer service after the flight is really shockingly bad and unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. Our luggage got lost at JFK. When we were checking in the printer for the luggage tags wasn’t working so the ground staff told us to just proceed to the gate and then we would receive our luggage confirmation there. When we got there the lady from the check-in wasn’t present and none of her colleagues could help us out. We were however assured our luggage was on the plane. When arriving in Amsterdam the luggage however was nowhere to be found and we subsequently filed a missing luggage report. From that moment on things just went from bad to worse. Firstly Norwegian only seems to be willing to correspond with customers via email as it is virtually impossible to speak to someone on the phone. Then finally after 4 months of email ping-pong and filling out forms we have now finally received some minimum compensation (based on the Montreal Convention) but just for one passenger while the luggage of 3 passengers got lost. When asking for an explanation they just refer to a complaints procedure and then immediately state that they don’t acknowledge these international standards anyway. It really is a shame that this airline treats its customers so appallingly. I will never fly with them again and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. We were penny wise pound foolish to fly with Norwegian.
RouteNew York to Amsterdam
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Bad business practices"

Trip Verified | Rome to Los Angeles. Bad business practices from Norwegian. I will try and keep this review brief and just explain that my review is solely based on Norwegians delay and cancelled flights policies. We flew from Lax to Denmark and Denmark to Rome in September with zero issues. Flight was nice, Service on flight was good, Movie/TV selections dated and need updating and food was average for international. Flight back was another story. Should have been a simply Rome to Lax direct flight. Original flight time was for 5:55am. Night before the flight, received a text/email stating flight delay until 2pm. Heading to the airport, received another message stating flight delay again, now until 6pm. Waiting at the airport through 2 delays guess, what happens next, received another text/message stating flight delay but this time it stated, no expected departure time. Had to wait it out at the airport with no information from any Norwegian representative on a timeframe to depart just given food and drink tickets not understanding that sitting at an airport for 9 hours at this point with no timetable to leave at 65 years old is not ideal. After waiting another 6 hours, we finally get word the flight has been cancelled. 1am in the morning with no Norwegian representatives available or open since all desks are closed, they cancel the flight and tell us to call Norwegian. You call and its says there are 2 hour wait times to reach someone. They stated the next available flight to get home is 2 days from now or they can do a 3 stop transfer totaling 21 hours flight time. Or they said, we can just refund your ticket. We had to pay $2000 per ticket to get home through another airline instead of the $500 ticket we already had through Norwegian. The more I read about these Norwegian planes having technical issues, the more I understand how all the money is being put into fixing these planes instead of fixing the business practice side of the company. You get what you pay for pretty much. We saw a cheaper ticket compared to other airlines and now understand why. To know that an airline is okay with cancelling a flight without offering alternative flights for over a day later should be upsetting to most. Especially at the end of a vacation when you are trying to get home and are told you cant because our plane is broken, again. Seems all Norwegian complaints are about these broken planes. My reviews ratings on this are solely based on flight back and not flight to since the bad overwhelms the good in this case.
RouteRome to Los Angeles