Norwegian

"I demanded compensation"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Paris return in September 2019. We were notified of a nearly 3 hour delay the morning of departure, but told to arrive as if the plane was leaving at the scheduled time. We were told that our seats we had chosen 6 months earlier, were changed (we were separated in the cabin; I was in the front, he in the back!) because the airline eliminated our flight and put us on a later flight. We thought we'd hang out in the lounge. When we arrived at the lounge entrance, the receptionist said that only customers who paid for premium flex seats could have lounge access, unless we purchased the tix last December. I told her that we did purchase them last December, but she said I'd have to provide proof. On the flight home, the crew was very nice. Three hours before the end of the flight, an announcement was made that there was no more potable water. I demanded compensation, and Norwegian said they'd pay us $60 for our troubles, but we'd have to provide a routing number for our bank. I didn't feel comfortable with that request; I asked to receive a voucher in that amount for the next trip. The answer was that was the only way they could send any money.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Seats so close together"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Gatwick. Seats so close together, it was the worst long haul I have flown. I did not see cabin crew other than to dish out two of the worst inflight meals I have had. One was a sandwich. Not sure what the other was (I paid 3 x £25) for them. No tea/coffee served to me. Save your money and buy something from the airport before you board.
RouteNew York to Gatwick
Date FlownDecember 2019

"hand luggage was too big"

Trip Verified | Dublin to New York via Oslo. The main issue I had was with staff on the ground at Oslo airport, where I transferred from another European flight, operated by Norwegian. The bag I had flown with as hand luggage to Oslo was now too big to go in the cabin (Max 10 kg, Max 55x40x23cm). I was sent to a desk in the boarding area where they requested a payment of NOK 800. I explained I didn't understand what she said; her response was 'if you are sent here, you have to pay, that's it.' I explained that I had just flown here on Norwegian, with the same bag. I asked her what she meant? It transpired she wanted me to pay her 800 Norwegian krone. I asked her what this was is US$? and she told me to look it up. I told her she was behaving rudely. She said 'I will deny you boarding if you argue any longer!'. I flew 3 legs with Norwegian and I had to pay over $200 for hand luggage. The cabin crew were generally fine. As a low-cost airline amenities are non-existent and everything requires payment.
RouteDublin to New York via Oslo
Date FlownDecember 2019

"a cheap flight I suppose it’s great"

Trip Verified | Miami to London Gatwick. First time flying with Norwegian, I was very unimpressed how they weigh your carry ons. I had a small pull along suitcase full of my babies essentials for the flight and was told it was too heavy and I would have to pay $15 a kilo my suitcase was over by 3 kilos also and the lady serving us just grunted pointed to the left and shouted go go come back when you sort. The flight was ok the seats were comfy, the TV was actually pretty snazzy and cool but on a long haul flight I was shocked that food is not included free. This is a company that does not strive for positive customer feedback they offer cheap flights and it’s a take it or leave it scenario. If you need a cheap flight I suppose it’s great however if your looking to start your holiday off cheery and happy I suggest flying with someone else.
RouteMiami to London Gatwick
Date FlownDecember 2019

"seat is really up there at the top"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Miami. I was unable to check in using the app and was told in the app that airport check in was required at Gatwick this was surpringly swift. The Norwegian desks were straight ahead from emerging from the exit from the railway terminal at the South terminal. A quick stop at the kiosk to check in and collect my boarding card the machine without prompting also printed another boarding card that acts as your lounge access pass. Very efficient. There was no queue at the Premium bag drop so I was straight to the agent via the security officer asking the usual questions. Bag drop done in seconds and headed to security screening. Norwegian does not provide fast track security at Gatwick but this wasn't an issue as it was really quick and I was airside in about 3 minutes. Gatwick process and technology not making us remove laptops and liquids. The lounge offering for Norwegian Premium Flex customers at Gatwick is the third party MyLounge. Whilst smart and comfortable has a very basic F&B offering. But it was a relaxing way to start the day. I deliberately didn't board until nearer departure so again had no queue at the gate where there is priority boarding for Premium customers. Once on board and after easily finding stowage for my back pack I was offered a glass of water, apple juice or orange juice. A bit dull. A glass of even prosecco would have been well received! I had seat 1A by the window. This front row seat is by the bulkhead and whilst offers no extra legroom than the other Premium seats, the front row has a major advantage; no passenger in front reclining into your space. From my experience flying Premium on other carriers this seat is really up there at the top. The leather covered armchair is wide with about 46" seat pitch with a lot of recline and an extendable calf supporting foot rest. Whilst a flat bed it is not, it is very comfortable. The IFE comes out on a stalk from one of the arm rests and was easy to use. This even allows you to order drinks or snacks at your seat in between meal services. But I was surprised how poor and dated the choice of movies was. I really struggled to find something I wanted to watch. The inflight service did not start until we had departed about an hour. This was a drinks service and in Premium beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages are free of charge throughout the flight. But if you want a cocktail you have to pay. I chose red wine though both wine offerings were low end. There are no pretzels, nuts or other snacks offered unless you're prepared to pay for them, which is a bit poor. The main meal was delivered about 30 mins later together with more drinks. As I was in the first row there was 3 choices available. I would say the food quality and quantity was on par with the likes of a BA Premium Economy meal, but it looked cheap as it is served in this flimsy long cardboard box holder with the entree still in foil and metal and very cheap plastic cutlery. The crew were responsive if you requested more beverages throughout the flight, but not particularly warm or friendly. About 90 minutes out of Miami a second meal service was offered. This was a salad with meat and bread rolls offered. Perfectly adequate quality and quantity as not the main meal. Again a full beverage service was offered identical to with the main meal. De planing was delayed by 5-10 minutes due to issues with the jet bridge. Bags delivered about 15-20 mins after clearing immigration
RouteGatwick to Miami
Date FlownDecember 2019

"very easy pleasant flight"

Trip Verified | Just returned from Orlando to London Gatwick with Norwegian. This was a last minute booking as we had an emergency back home, I was doubtful about using this airline however due to the issue back home I had little choice so we booked with them. I can honestly state that my doubts were unfounded and we had a very easy pleasant flight, everything went as it should. Food was as expected for airline food. We will definitely use this airline again without hesitation. Well done to you all at Norwegian keep up the good work.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteOrlando to Gatwick
Date FlownNovember 2019

"A 2hr 35mins delay"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Oslo to Nice. After 1 hour delay due to weather conditions in Nice, we had an extra delay due to the long time it took to board, and then an error in the suitcases that were loaded on plane, requiring to unload everything and reaload. A 2hr 35mins delay, arriving in Nice at 22.50, having missed my train, nothing was organised to help customers. There weren't an agent from the company at this time at Nice airport. I had to find a hotel, a taxi to and from the hotel which they will probably never reimburse. Appalling customer service.
RouteOslo to Nice
Date FlownDecember 2019

"have to pay to check the bag"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Los Angeles. I was stopped by the agents at the gate in Gatwick and informed that I couldn’t continue with my hand luggage and told I would have to pay 88 pounds to check the bag. When I tried to explain my confusion, I was told to step aside and that I’d be removed from the flight. When I called the customer service number and explained the situation, the agent could not offer assistance or explanation. When I agreed to pay the baggage fee, the gate agent berated me.
RouteGatwick to Los Angeles

"delayed due to weather"

Trip Verified | The Amsterdam Schiphol drop off counter closed 3 hours before the flight, and no staff to let anyone know if we are even waiting at the right spot. Flight delayed by over 4 hours due to weather conditions, however the lack of staff at the gate to explain the reasons is inexcusable. Calling customer service was useless, as they suggested to follow the airport monitors.
RouteAmsterdam to Copenhagen
Date FlownDecember 2019

"we have 2 sectors cancelled"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Rovaniemi via Helsinki. Once in Helsinki, we are supposed to catch the 3pm flight. But one month before, Norwegian sent us an email saying the 3pm flight has now been changed to 10am on 1/12 when we are still in mid-air flying from London to Helsinki. No choice, we opted for their rescheduled flight Helsinki to Rovaniemi the next day. When we need a reason for their cancellation, as requested by our insurance company, they have yet to reply our online request. Our flight from Helsinki to Stockholm, Stockholm to Paris on 9/12/19 also met with the same fate of a flight cancellation. Taking no chances, we cancelled these 2 sectors totally and paid a premium for Air France flight. So out of 5 sectors booked with Norwegian, we have 2 sectors cancelled.
RouteGatwick to Rovaniemi via Helsinki