Norwegian

"Keep up the good work"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Barcelona with Norwegian. The flight was amazing. From the check in to the bag collecting. The flight was on time and the cabin crew were very polite. The seats are also very comfortable really happy with Norwegian. Keep up the good work.
RouteCopenhagen to Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"flight was canceled again"

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Newark through Barcelona, first flight landing at Barcelona around 4pm and leaving for the US at 6.25pm, Nice connection. When I checked in in Tel Aviv I was informed by the girl at the counter that my Barcelona - Newark flight had "disappeared" (an actual quote) from her screen, no reason giving other then "flight disruption". I am a seasoned traveler for over 25 years, this was a first. I was told that I would have to land at Barcelona and enter Spain, Pick up my luggage and try to rebook a flight - in other words, I was left to fan for myself. No one in Tel Aviv could help me. Naturally, envisioning myself stranded in Barcelona, I got a hold of an out of country costumer service number for Norwegian who had me on hold forever. Throughout this ordeal (which is not over as I am writing this and praying that this Norwegian flight will not be canceled) I found out that the people that work there are kind, polite, caring, and genuinely want to help. From that first rep on the phone, to Beatrice the flight attendant who got on the phone for me and kept me informed, to Diego at the Barcelona counter. All of them wanted to help me, the problem is - Norwegian. While I was flying from Tel Aviv, the company sent me an alternate route that was leaving at 3.10pm from Barcelona, I was on a flight that lands after 4pm. When I got to Barcelona I had to enter Spain, get my luggage and be informed that I will be able to leave only 24 hours later. They did give me hotel and meal vouchers, but did not pay for a late checkout. There is no apology, no mention of compensation for my trouble, my lost day, the money I spent while on hold on the phone. 6 hours later and my flight was canceled again, so I booked another flight, with another airline, this is costing me a fortune.
RouteTel Aviv to Newark via Barcelona
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"no complementary food or beverage"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Gatwick. During our flight there was no complementary food or beverage. Water was at a charge of $3. Food was on request and at a charge - no free snacks. I asked for a glass of water from the tap and they said I had to buy a $3 bottle. If you wanted food you have to select it in advance and pay for it in advance when you book the flight - I never knew about this. Also if you do not book a hot meal in advance they don’t even give you an opportunity to book one on the flight.
RouteSan Francisco to Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"told her I have a right to two carryons"

Trip Verified | Newark to Rome. Arrived to check in my flight with two carry-ons. Immediately the staff said this is a small flight and the captain and stewardess ask everyone to check in their carryons. I told them one of my carryons had computers and medicine and I could not check it in. She said I’ll make an exception but the other one had to be checked. In. I said ok thinking there would be no charge but the next sentence was its $100. I told her I have a right to two carryons and she proceeded to give me a hard time and threaten me with airport security or canceling my flight.
RouteNewark to Rome

"Really pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Amsterdam. Really pleasant experience with the Boeing 787 and everything on the airside and during the flight. Negative side of this experience was at the airport (JFK Terminal 1). Queuing time was so bad, people were waiting hours for a check-in, since online check in was not possible. If you have economy ticket I advise you to be at least 4 hours before your flight, so you can make it to the check in. I am aware that in the 2 hours there were like 6 departing flights, but this is something that you can sort it with either arranging the check in online possibility, or hiring more check-in counters. 7 Check in counters for 6 flights are not close enough for this amount of passengers.
RouteNew York JFK to Amsterdam
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"no compensation on taxis or bus"

Not Verified | Edinburgh to Oslo on a Sunday night which was 2.5 hours delayed. The airline gave no apology at the airport (apart from the pilot) or explanation or information about what plans there were. When we arrived, it was so late, there was no public transport from the airport and taxis in Oslo are outrageously priced (as in 3x what I paid for the flight to drive 30 mins to my house). They offered no way of getting home apart from one bus to the centre of Oslo, no compensation on taxis or bus to take people home. Appalling service. You cannot just dump people 3 hours late at an airport with no transport to get home until 8 hours after they were meant to have originally landed. I have work the next day, I am exhausted and they speak to you like you've caused the problem. Learn some manners and put some mechanisms in place for people to get home ASAP in such circumstances. Pay for taxis, pay for additional coach to drop people off.
RouteEdinburgh to Oslo
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"never fly Norwegian again"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Orlando and return flight from Miami to Gatwick. Flight to Orlando was carried out by Hifly and return flight was carried out by Privilege. Both flights were serviced by ageing aircraft. We had no in flight entertainment on either flight, which isn't great on an 8 hour flight. Planes were both dirty and interiors very tired and worn. Staff on both flights seemed incompetent. Would never fly Norwegian again.
RouteGatwick to Orlando
Date FlownAugust 2019

"clearly doesn’t care"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Copenhagen return. Flights, seats, meals booked/protected well in advance At day-before-departure check-in, discovered that Norwegian had changed our plane and seats to a less-preferred location. Next day at MCO Departures gate, 2-each small checked/carry-on bags were each over weight by a few tenths of a kilo. Agent forced us to re-pack all 4 bags in lobby, so they were of even weight. We got to the Departures gate 1.5hrs early, to discover just before scheduled departure that the plane would be delayed. We sat there for almost 3 hours before departure. After repeated attempts to follow up a refund from their guest relations folks, we received an e-mail today, two months later, crediting us $180. Norwegian clearly doesn’t care.
RouteOrlando to Copenhagen
Date FlownJune 2019

"rerouted us to HiFly"

Not Verified | New York JFK to London. I will never fly Norwegian again! They rerouted us to some airline called HiFly which is a horrible Portuguese carrier. They have no customer service skills. They delayed our flight by two hours and didn’t bother to tell anyone the plane hadn’t arrived until 2 hours in. We are still waiting at the airport and there is no sign of the plane. They have not offered any compensation to these tired customers some of whom are infants!
RouteNew York JFK to London
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"they weighed every single item"

Not Verified | Gatwick to Orlando. We've flown Norwegian 6 times now but after the experiences both to and from Orlando, we will never book with them again. Firstly, the flight out was delayed by almost 6 hours by the time we took off. At no point were we offered so much as a glass of water by Norwegian staff - it seems that if they announce your gate number and make you sit there for 2.5 hours (on top of the first 3.3), they don't have responsibility for the smallest of courtesies. The plane was not the Boeing 787 when we booked. I understand they are having some issues with these planes but they could not have gone for a more 'budget' option if they tried! The seats were small and cramped for legroom and the in flight entertainment system didn't even turn on. The food was terrible - I don't expect the best meal of my life on a plane but it was horrible even by plane food standards. Again, this has not been our experience on previous flights. On the return journey, they weighed every single item for every passenger. Given that they only had two staff operating the check-in desk, this took an inordinate amount of time! Every case which was overweight had to be repacked by each passenger at the desk too - absolutely ridiculous! The family in front of us had one case weighing 23kg and one weighing 16kg. They were not allowed to 'spread' the weight over the two cases combined and instead had to take items out at the desk. They also weighed all hand luggage and the same rule applied. Fortunately, our cases were not overweight but we did have the same issue where one was heavier than 20kg and had to move some items from one case to another. I have never ever experienced this before and, whilst there may be perfectly valid reasons for this, having two staff operate the check-in desk was simply woefully inadequate. Inadequate is really the term to describe the experience and service from Norwegian. What happened to this once brilliant airline?
RouteGatwick to Orlando