Norwegian

"very good for low cost airline"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Both flights were with same B737-800, going to RVN was on time, on the return flight we had 40 minutes delay due to airport closure. Boarding was done with zone system; stuff were easy going not creating problems with passengers carrying larger carry-ons. In flight service on menu buy items. Overall very good for low cost airline. Ticket cost considerably lower than Finnair’s
RouteHelsinki to Rovaniemi
Date FlownDecember 2021

"their customer service is awful"

Not Verified | As I started to read through these reviews I felt more and more angry as the same issues were happening with me. Had flights scheduled in October 2020 which got cancelled due to the pandemic. We were automatically given Cashpoints which we did not want. Now they no longer fly to/from the United States so I asked for a refund so I can actually use the tickets I purchased. I have now gotten their boiler plate email response twice, like others have attached photos of. This is ridiculous and their customer service is awful. Like others have said, they have stolen our money and have no plans for us to fly with them.
RouteOrlando to Paris
Date FlownDecember 2020

"Can’t fault anything"

(Denmark)

Trip Verified | Flew Copenhagen – Stockholm 31/8-2021 on a Boeing 373. First time in life, that used Norwegian. Eventless flight, almost boring. However, this is an indirect indicator that everything functioned well. No stress in any process. Easy to book, pay and fly. Check-in easy and several options are given. Took less than a Minute at airport check-in counter to get my Boarding Pass. Generous hand-luggage allowance. No rigid luggage weighing and checks. Smooth boarding and dis-embarking via jet-bridge in both airports. Aircraft clean and staff alert, operational, and kind. Only half load. Departure early, and aircraft arrived 15 minutes ahead of scheduled time. Catering onboard was effective, though consumption is pricey. Announcements clear and timely. WiFi onboard working - apart from a single glitch. The ticket was inexpensive, less than 60 USD. Can’t fault anything, as good as it gets for LCCs, actually it felt like travelling with a fully recognised legacy carrier.
RouteCopenhagen to Stockholm
Date FlownAugust 2021

"9 months of being lied to over a promised cash refund"

Not Verified | Flight was cancelled due to Coronavirus. After 9 months of being lied to over a promised cash refund, which they had stated would be paid to me, they filed all these transatlantic flights under a liquidation and offered 1% cash refunds on them. Utter frauds and liars on the numerous times I was in contact with them too. They led over 30,000 passengers on the same path, in the full knowledge they would not refund them and file for liquidation.
RouteLondon to Chicago
Date FlownApril 2020

"they gave me cash points"

Trip Verified | I had a flight cancelled during the pandemic and requested a refund and they gave me cash points instead. Now I have been informed they are no longer doing long haul flight. which now makes my cash points useless due to living in the US. Now they refuse to give refunds saying that I agreed when I was given the cash points I gave up the right to a refund. The fact is they turned my requested refund to cash points without my approval. Now I know why, they never intended for any of the US flights to be refunded based on what I am reading on other reviews.
RouteLondon to Tampa

"I highly recommend"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Oslo to Trondheim. Amazing airline that I highly recommend. Low cost so follow their rules and everything will be fine. The best low cost airline with amazing staff.
RouteOslo to Trondheim
Date FlownNovember 2020

"Do not book Norwegian Air"

Not Verified | This airline does not care about its customers. My family and I were supposed to take the flight from LAX to Barcelona in May of the Covid19 crisis of 2020. Even though our flight was cancelled by the airline we were not given a refund for our almost $2,000 worth of tickets. We were only provided "cash points" even though a refund was requested to be used on a future flight. Let me tell you, there are absolutely no flights scheduled from LAX to Barcelona for the foreseeable future. Do not book Norwegian Air!
RouteLos Angeles to Barcelona
Date FlownMay 2020

"Cash Points were not being given"

Trip Verified | My flight with Norwegian was booked for 22 May, but I had to cancel it due to Covid-19. Originally they told me I would be given 'Cash Points' for use against a future flight. After months of pursuing them for my Cash Points (their on-line claim system did not work) I finally received an email saying that Cash Points were not being given on internal flights, so no refund would be made apart from taxes. I had other internal flights in Norway booked with SAS. I also had to cancel these. Full credit voucher given within 24 hours for use in next two year. Norwegian - take some lessons in customer care.
RouteOslo to Longyearbyn
Date FlownMay 2020

"called to look into a refund or credit"

Trip Verified | My husband and I booked a trip to Paris for March 2020 that got canceled due to COVID-19. The original booking was made the year before months in advance on a credit card. By the time the trip arrived, we had paid off this card and canceled it on good terms. Once we received the email from Norwegian that our flight was canceled, we called to look into a refund or credit. Not only did it take two weeks to get someone on the phone, but by the time we did, a credit was not an option for them. We explained we used a credit card we no longer had; the customer service agent said, "We can't even confirm that was your card in the first place." She later said, " the best we can do is push out the trip as late as August." Okay, and my response was, and if COVID-19 is still blocking travel, then what? Sure enough, travel ban still in place, and I took her advice and tried re-booking it in this weird musical chairs nonsense and could not get through. Now the time has passed, and my husband and I are out almost two thousand dollars. Would it have killed them to extend a flight voucher for a later date?
RouteLos Angeles to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2020

"full refund received"

Not Verified | We booked way back but guessed it would be cancelled due to covid. 4th July recieved notification of cancelled flight 5th July, completed the on line form for a full refund, 7th July full refund received. I can only guess that those complaining tried to obtain the refund by phone. If they survive, I will have no hesitation in booking for Miami next year. Other airlines need to see how Norwegian deal with things and follow.
RouteGatwick to Miami