Nok Air

"got us seats on the next flight"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Phuket. I paid for tickets for me and my family 4 months in advance. We get to check in and were told our flight was cancelled and that they sent me an e-mail three days prior. I asked to be put on another flight there were no seats for the whole day. They offered me a refund but i wasnt willing to just walk away. They offered me and my family to fly stand by but knowing that everything was booked i declined and asked them to put us on another airline which they refused. The desk people although polite were not helpful and did nothing to get us a seat. After finding a manager on my own I insisted that what Nok Air did was wrong and I wasnt going to leave the airport, she then got us seats on the next flight.
RouteBangkok to Phuket
Date FlownDecember 2018

"could not be happier"

Trip Verified | Yangon to Bangkok. Perfect, on time, clean, and kind. First time on Nok air and could not be happier. Extra bag checked but prepaid, so I avoided unnecessary problems at the counter. Totally recommended low cost.
RouteYangon to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2019

" hasn't disappointed yet"

Trip Verified | Nok Air has online Checkin 24 hours before to print out your boarding pass and can go directly to security and gate if one isn't checking a bag. Also you can change your flight for an extra charge online. Everytime I ever needed to call Nok Air they answered promptly. If one has a bag to check like I did there is a special line at Don Muang Airport for those who checked in online. My flight was full during the busy New Year and many people brought on roller bags with other carry ons even though only one small 7 kilo carry on is permitted at the cheapest fare and one must pay a higher fare to check roller bags. The cabin attendant didn't object to these passengers bring on so much but amazingly worked hard to get all the bags into the overhead bins in time for take off. I noticed that nearly everyone did not put small things under the seat in front of them but instead taking up needed space of the overhead bins. The plane departed on time and arrived on time and my checked bag was soon on the carousel. Nok Air hasn't disappointed yet.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Customer support very robotic"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Given just 48 hours notice of flight being changed to earlier flight due to festival. Too late by then to change my other connecting flight from Krabi. Customer support very robotic and not great English. Offered no helpful solution to my problem. Will not trust them to fly with them again.
RouteBangkok to Chiang Mai
Date FlownNovember 2018

"cancelled the purchased flight"

Trip Verified | Nok Air cancelled the purchased flight with 48 hours notice and advised by email. Replies to request the same day later flight were ignored. 24 hours later I had to ask someone in Thailand to call Nok Air to rebook for me. Turned up for the later flight as planned with luggage of 42kg as recorded by international carrier. Nok scales weighed it at 45.9kg. I complained so they weighed it on another desk where it was back to 42kg! Clearly there is a huge disparity on revenue generating scales! Delay was 7 hours so once journey was complete I attempted to claim 1000 baht insurance as covered according to the policy having opted to spend considerably more on a hotel as the delay was added to a 6 hour wait already necessary due to my inbound international flight. Three weeks later and after numerous emails of nonsense from Nok Air I gave up. They can keep the 1000 baht, I'm flying AirAsia instead, more expensive and not known for customer service but better the Nok Air by a country mile. On board Nok are equally as good or bad as AirAsia depending on your expectations but customer service is not a concept Nok Air has mastered to date.
RouteBangkok to Sakon Nakhon
Date FlownJuly 2018

"I forgot to pay"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Nok Air is the worst airline I've seen. I went to Phuket airport to check in in the morning and give baggage. They said that the luggage will be taken for a fee. They said they could get my baggage in 1800 baht with the Thai currency. My baggage weight is 30kg for 2 people. I forgot to pay and went to the plane in a hurry. I was not warned by anyone when I got on the plane. I sat in my seats with my wife. 2 minutes to the departure of the aircraft, a woman with a Nok Air staff came to the plane and demanded 1800 baht. I mentioned that I will not give this money to him. Nok Air staff insisted that the woman wanted to take the money. Nok Air gave our passports to the cabin attendant. When we arrived at Bangkok airport, we were waiting for about 1 hour to pay. The worst airline I've ever seen.
RoutePhuket to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2018

"not offered any reimbursement"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Buriram. Arrived at Don Muang airport this morning two hours before our flight was due to take off we went to the lounge to relax check e mails and get ready for a trip to Buri Ram. We left the lounge at 2pm by the time we got through security and downstairs into the departure lounge it was 2.20pm and was told we couldn't board the flight as it was to late (boarding time was 14.10). There was no call for us on the tanoy and my girlfriends bag had already been taken off the plane. We were not offered any reimbursement or another flight
RouteBangkok to Buriram
Date FlownDecember 2017

"seats are reasonably comfortable"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Recently I flew from Udon Thani to Chiang Mai on Nok Air's turboprop Bombardier Q400, this is my second experience with them (the first one was LPT-DMK back in Dec'2014) as well as this aircraft type. Both times the plane was quite new and clean inside, haven't seen anything broken. This time my seat (which I chose online in advance) was closer to the back of a cabin, and the noise levels were comparable to a jet aircraft, certainly quieter than ATR72 despite the higher speed. The seats are reasonably comfortable (for a regional flight) and with enough legroom. There were no meals (it's LCC anyway), however they provide small bottles of water for free, which is nice. The flight to Chiang Mai took exactly 1 hour and arrived 10 minutes ahead of schedule - no longer than a jet could take, but more eco-friendly. And the price I've paid (promo + 15 kg baggage, booked 12 days in advance) was not much more than for a bus, which would take 12 hours. Definitely will fly again, especially as Nok Air covers more destinations than any other Thai airline, including some small airports no one else flies to. Still have to try their jet service, however.
AircraftBombardier Q400
RouteUdon Thani to Chiang Mai
Date FlownApril 2018

"worn out seat, dirty windows"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I booked with Nok Air online for my business trip from Bangkok (DMK) to Chumphon (CJM). Tax certificate can be easily requested online and delivered to my office even before my journey. Their website is user friendly, and I selected my preferred seat well in advance. On departure, I was informed that flight would be 50 minutes delayed with no further explanation. The aircraft was a 3 years old Dash 8 Q400, lovely livery but the sign of poor maintenance and improper cleaning are all over interior. Tray table cannot be used, worn out seat, dirty windows. A small bottle of water is served free of charge by a nice cabin crew. I bought a pack of snack which is nice. The return flight on ATR72 which is an even older aircraft. I had to move to a few vacant seats before finally finding one that can be kept upright. All in all, the experience is fair but I would prefer to fly other airlines if possible.
AircraftDash 8-Q400 and ART72-500
RouteBangkok (DMK) to Chumphon (CJM)
Date FlownMarch 2018

"Smart, nearly brand new plane"

Trip Verified | On recommendation chanced my arm with a stand-by seat for the onward flight to Chiang Mai. With three planes departing within 10 minutes of one another, Nok Air secured my business for no other reason than it had the shortest queue at the ticket counter. Straightforward to purchase, the price (1500 Baht) little different to that available for an advance booking - providing you stick to the 15kg baggage limit. Rapid check-in but few minutes late departing and arriving. By chance sat in an emergency exit premium seat [no extra cost] so ample room and offered drinks during the flight. Smart, nearly brand new plane. Bags delivered as I arrived at the carousel after short walk from airbridge, walking directly out of the airport.
RouteBangkok (DMK) to Chiang Mai