Mango Airlines

(South Africa)

Just flew from Cape Town to Lanseria - a very enjoyable experience. The Captain kept us updated about the towns and geographical landmarks we were crossing and he gave the impression that he was happy to be flying us to our destination. 5 stars Mango!

Mango Airlines customer review

JE352 and JE359. Although this is a low-cost airline (you pay for everything) the seat pitch is the best I have experienced in coach class. By the way if you want to recline the lever is under the seat.

(South Africa)

Travelled from OR Tambo to Cape Town - on afternoon of 22 Dec. Very full flight. new plane comfortable seats with plenty of leg room. On time arrival. Bags arrived quickly. Good competent service - just what is needed from a budget airline.

(South Africa)

On this particular flight the 6.25pm flight from Lanseria to Cape Town on 22 June I observed the following: Along with 2 others I was sitting in row 16 ABC… right opposite the emergency safety doors. The cabin hostesses explained what should be done in case of emergency and then proceeded to say that no loose stuff was allowed on our laps or the floor. This is all good (no problem). When the drinks and eats came along the people sitting in 16 FED right opposite the other emergency safety doors started drinking each ordering 2 beers at a time. And then another 4 each. Cabin staff had no problem with each person consuming 6 beers yet made these people responsible for the safety doors in case of emergency! This makes no sense whatsoever. Suffice to say I won't be flying Mango anymore.

Mango Airlines customer review

SA Mango airline has the most uncomfortable seats I have ever experienced. The seats have no lumber support and are basically bolt upright. To make our flight even more uncomfortable we were in the emergency row seats which didn't recline. Mango doesn't supply small pillows that I could have used as lumber support. I ended up using my book to support my lower back. Mango took us safely to our destination but it was an uncomfortable 2 hour journey.

(South Africa)

CPT-DUR 31 JUL 12 05.55am departure. Mango LCC. Easy boarding Crew friendly seating a bit tight but had 2 seats. Coffee and slept for full 2 hrs. Easy and quick disembarking in DUR. Long walk to exit. DUR-CPT 31 JUL 12 19.30pm departure. Drop off and straight to the gate. Security X-ray staff friendly and efficient. Had a couple of wines at bar opposite Gate 10. Had seat 1C with 1B empty - lots of legroom. Flight however turbulent and Captain changed flight levels a few time to avoid bumping and kept us informed. Cabin Crew friendly but unprofessional. Being right at the FWD galley I heard all the crews life-stories they were chatting so loud and slouching on the jumpseat. Drop down TV's kept me entertained. Crew kept on pressing wrong pre-recorded announcements. Would fly them again as fare reasonable at US$215.00 for 4hrs flying.

(South Africa)

Lanseria to Cape Town. Landed 30mins early. Good clean plane tight pitch but ok for a 2 hour flight. Excellent prices and Lanseria a great alternative to OR Tambo in Johannesburg. Highly recommended.

Mango Airlines customer review

CPT-HLA on 737-800.On time clean aircraft friendly crew competitive price and Lanseria is an excellent alternative to JNB. Seat pitch is tight but adequate for a 1.5 hr flight.

(South Africa)

Johannesburg to Cape Town. Delayed slightly due to late arrive in JNB. Full flight - boarded by rear rows. Only 15 mins late in CPT. Efficient crew leg room tight. But worth it on a 2 hour flight for the very reasonably priced fare.

Mango Airlines customer review

CPT-DUR After origionally booking to fly with SAA our flight was changed to code share on Mango. We had to go to 3 different check in counters before anyone could help us. Onboard we were told we had to have our boarding passes with us before we could have any refreshments. We we told them we would need to get them from our hand luggage they weren't interested and kept walking. Appalling service.