Mango Airlines

"would certainly not recommend flying with Mango"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Zanzibar to Johannesburg. Besides the convenience of flying straight to Zanzibar I would certainly not recommend flying with Mango at all. Firstly I could not check in online which I was not informed of when booking through the SAA website at the time and since I could not clear immigration as I was in transit I had to forfeit that leg and book another flight where I could check in online. Secondly when I checked in after long queues in Zanzibar, I could not sit with my family due to not being able to check in before the time and the system pre-booked etc. Similarly was the service-their staff on board were unfriendly, listless and came around with things to buy Once - rest of the time they were taking stock and everyone had to step over all the cans to get to the toilet. I sent a query/complaint to Mango and they responded immediately by saying that they were sorry to hear about this and that their Customer Service Department would contact me - sadly after a long time I am still waiting.
RouteZanzibar to Johannesburg
Date FlownJuly 2019

"never choose Mango ever again!"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Johannesburg. Our flight was delayed over 3 hours. We had kids at home waiting for us with a babysitter. We had to work the next day and therefore chose a reasonable time to het back home. This was absolutely ridiculous! We will never choose Mango ever again!
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg
Date FlownJuly 2019

"flights have been delayed"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Durban. In the last 5 week period, 3/4 of my mango flights have been delayed. This is not even mentioning the delays I experienced last year. Flights are delayed by 1H 50min so that meal vouchers do not have to be handed out as compensation (which is for 2 hour delays or more). I fly frequently, and have experienced such consistent delays with mango, that I even factor it into my transport planning, setting up alternative transport ahead of time for when the flight get's delayed. Note "when", not "if", a flight gets delayed. As a result I only resort to mango as an utter last option for flights. If you are flying with mango, expect delays. The "extra leg room" is not worth it. Fly with another airline for the same cost, leg room and better, consistent service.
RouteCape Town to Durban
Date FlownMay 2019

"only sugary things were left"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | On 12 April I travelled from Lusaka to Johannesburg on SAA, and then from Johannesburg to Cape Town. Because it was a Mango flight booked via SAA, I was told I have a R70 refreshments voucher for the flight. At the start of the flight, there was an announcement that due to ‘stock shortages’ there are no muffins, sandwiches or croissants for purchase. So by the time the refreshments finally came by my row which was row 19, only sugary things were left. No chips, biltong, etc to purchase. Only chocolates and jelly babies. Thank you Mango, but I prefer not to have a chocolate for supper and the only thing I’ve eaten since the afternoon. And after running to catch the flight due to an earlier flight delay. Such poor planning from Mango. I will refuse to fly SAA via Mango again. The R70 refreshments voucher means nothing if there is nothing available on Mango.
RouteJohannesburg to Cape Town
Date FlownApril 2019

"absolutely ridiculous"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Cape Town. I have flown with Mango Airlines a few times and so have my family members and it is the worst airline. They are always delayed and not by 15/20 minutes, I was delayed by three hours and my family members are now delayed by 2 hours. You waste peoples time and then still charge the full price and dont make any effort to be on time. People plan around these flights and they are unreliable. Handing out free cup of soup sachets on our flights does not make it okay that your flights are delayed by over two hours, for a domestic airline that is absolutely ridiculous.
RouteJohannesburg to Cape Town
Date FlownAugust 2018

"delayed for 3 hours"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Mango Airlines is unreliable. On 14 March the flight from Johannesburg to Durban was delayed for 3 hours. On 1 April my flight from Durban to Johannesburg was once again delayed. Baggage was delayed. I missed my connecting flights and I had to book new flights for me. Mango Airlines staff didn't care that I missed my flights. I was stranded at the Airport and had to check into a hotel. Is Mango actually going to answer an e mail I sent to them?
RouteJohannesburg to Durban
Date FlownApril 2019

"not use this airline again"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Durban to Johannesburg. Worst airline ever! Most people book this airline as it is slightly cheaper than other domestic carriers. It's much better to pay a couple hundred more and be on time than have to encounter the 2 hour delay that usually plagues this airline! I booked a round trip, was delayed by about 2 hours on both trips. Totally unreliable. Will not use this airline again.
RouteDurban to Johannesburg

"Worst experience ever"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Durban. Flight was for 06:30 on the 09/03/2019, myself and my partner. We were on holiday in johannesburg and left to the airport an hour earlier, there was traffic on the way as well. We got to the airline to check in at 06:05, the lady that assisted us told us very rudely that we cannot board the flight as it is closed. Everyone was rude and did not wish to assist us in any way considering that we didn't have enough money to book another flight. we were told to pay a "penalty fee" to board the next flight home which costed us the price of two extra tickets! Told us we were on standby yet when we boarded the plane there were seats available and empty like seriously. We just paid for the cost of empty seats? This happened previously with Safair but at least the safair staff made an exception for me to board the flight which is why i will continue to use their airline instead. Worst experience ever.
RouteJohannesburg to Durban
Date FlownMarch 2019

"want to give my thanks"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | To Mango Lanseria Airport: I want to give my thanks to Tsholo supervisor from lanseria airport for her professional assistance in helping me changing my flight ticket after I was longer hospitalised, (after i battle the whole weekend phoning around without any success, your professional approach and customer care is well appreciated.
RouteLanseria to Durban
Date FlownMarch 2019

" All one can ask from a low cost"

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Johannesburg. Mango flight operated by local lease company Global Aviation. Elderly and cramped plane, but took off on time and landed a little ahead of schedule. All one can ask from a low cost, no-frills airline.
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg