Mango Airlines

"Absolutely shocking service"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Durban. Absolutely shocking service. Changed my flight twice without offering me a different flight. Made me late for my meetings. Mango are costing me money. Never will I fly with them again even if it cost me more.
RouteCape Town to Durban
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Quite disappointing"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Cape Town. This is my second time flying with Mango Airlines. And also the second time which they are late. Indicating a 100% rate of being late. Quite disappointing.
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"never recommend this airline"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Johannesburg. I have recently had the displeasure of flying with Mango airlines. I normally prefer to fly safair as they are more professional and their on-time rate is phenomenal. The only reason I booked a mango flight is because I had to arrive in Johannesburg for an appointment at a specific time and no other airlines had flights at that time. But the Mango flight was delayed by over an hour. We were sent from pillar to post and told to go to different boarding gates. Then the bus took us on a rodeo ride in the boarding area. Then we had to wait for the cleaning staff to vacuum the plane. And now I am typing this complaint while waiting for the plane to take off. This is the reason why Mango is not a trustworthy airline at all and I would never recommend this airline to anyone. This flight was extremely expensive and not at all worth the money.
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"incompetent airline"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Mango Airlines is the worst airline ever. I flew in from Johannesburg this morning and arrived in Cape Town at 8:15am, little did I know my bags were loaded on the same flight. I went to the baggage counter and they couldn't even get a hold of their own Johannesburg branch then finally they tell me my bags will arrive at 12:10 noon. I get back to the counter at 12:00 noon and they tell me my bags will arrive at 2:00pm. I have been at the airport since 8:00 am with my wife and our 7 month old son thanks to this incompetent airline, they are the worst the fact that I have to fly back with them to Johannesburg makes me sick to my stomach.
Date FlownAugust 2018

"not an option on my list of airlines"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Johannesburg. Our flight JE158 on 12 Aug 2018 was delayed, the same airline flight before this flight was also delayed without any notification or communication from Mango Airlines to their customers. There are other options and next time Mango Airlines will be last/or not an option at all on my list of airlines to choose from. The cabin staff also did not help i.e. making sure passengers don’t waste time by getting unnecessary stuff out of their hand luggage blocking other passengers which caused huge frustration for people trying to get to their seats, causing longer waits and holdups. Standing at their station chitchat with each other was far more important and convenient then assisting passengers getting boarded quicker. Ensuring that there are no further delays is not on their agenda or being on time for the airline.
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg
Date FlownAugust 2018

"cannot issue a booking confirmation"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I have had endless problems with Mango Airlines on multiple consecutive occasions. I try and make payment for a flight booking on their website and I am informed that there was an error with payment, payment has not been processed and I do not receive a booking confirmation. Yet I receive a notice from my bank informing me payment has been processed and allocated to Mango. After phoning the bank and receiving an authorization code Mango still insists they have not received payment and refuse to issue me a booking confirmation. This is after waiting more than 30 minutes for someone to answer their phone. This has happened every time I try to phone and with every department. The staff are very helpful and have a nonchalant attitude, not really caring or helping to help resolve the issue. One person that assisted me informed me that the website was down but as soon as the website is operational again I will automatically receive my booking confirmation. After a few hours I still had not received the confirmation. Mango simply say they have not received payment, they cannot issue a booking confirmation. This has happened twice in a row. Shocking service, I will never use this airline again.
RouteJohannesburg to Durban
Date FlownJuly 2018

"disappointed with Mango"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I am very disappointed with Mango. The return flight to Johannesburg was delayed by over an hour due to mechanical problems. On our return Johannesburg we were delayed due to the exit bays not attached and luggage was delayed. Our connecting flight was with kulula at 8.50pm we missed, and Mango did not offer any compensation. With 2 young children we were told they cannot help us, stranded at the airport with no other flights or accommodation. Very upset after a family vacation.
RouteZanzibar to Johannesburg
Date FlownJuly 2018

"excellent flight experience"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Cape Town. Nothing to complain, excellent flight experience with professional and friendly crew. Departure on time, arrival in CPT 10 minutes earlier. Experienced moderate turbulence on flight level, cockpit communicated in no time which I personally appreciated a lot.
Date FlownJune 2018

"The worst service"

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Cape Town. The worst service and customer relations I've encountered.I am from overseas and was staying in Johannesburg with family. My cousin and I wanted to go visit another family member in Cape Town and Mango ended up being the cheapest for me; whilst for my cousin another airline was cheaper so we were flying separately but at similar times so as to meet up in Cape Town. Then during the day I received an SMS saying my flight was delayed from 19:30 to 21:30. This was quite frustrating because (as mentioned above) I was due to land at the same time as my cousin in Cape Town; but would now only be taking off as she landed. Frustrating, but not the end of the world. Next thing I receive another SMS saying the flight was further delayed and would now only be taking off at 23:30 - a 4 hour delay meaning my cousin would need to travel on as it wouldn't be fair to expect her to sit and wait for 4 hours while she could be with family as we were only in Cape Town for a weekend. I then get another SMS saying the flight is delayed and a different time is provided. I cannot recall this time although it was earlier than 21:30, but at this stage I'm so frustrated I plan on just heading to the airport to find out what's going on as it seems nothing is really clear. When I get to the airport I wait in the queue and receive my boarding pass and try to ask what the issue is and why everything is delayed. I explain that I'm meant to be travelling in convoy with my cousin and that we only have the weekend in Cape Town so these delays are somewhat frustrating. I am told that the "we were down" (whatever that means?) and that there's nothing to be done. I then go meet my cousin who is busy trying to check in, only to discover that they've now also got 2 different times on my boarding pass (19:30 - the original time & 21:30 - the supposed new time) so now I have to go back to a line where heaps of people are queuing as there are many delays (and many complaints) to clarify what time my flight actually will be. In the end, we got to Cape Town. Once back in Johannesburg, before leaving the country again I receive and SMS stating that Mango apologised for the delay; and says we can call them for assistance. I discovered they were willing to pay R250.00 for the inconvenience. As I was leaving the country, I decided to email them and find out whether this was applicable to overseas service users; and if so how that may work. I emailed 8 times and never received any response. Whilst I understand that the offer of a voucher as a gesture of good will due to the delays is non-obligatory, it is really frustrating that they never answer their emails and on top of such terrible service. It almost seems like a tactic used to ensure that not all affected and offered recompense are able to make use of such, therefore saving the company money. It would have been preferable to be given a discount on the flight that was delayed; or even vouchers to use on board for on board refreshments.
Date FlownMarch 2018

"not the service I expect"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Lanseria. Probably the my worst experience. The counter system is so bad. It takes all mango flights to where ever in the country. No destination names are on the boards so everyone queues in the same line. Then to top it off I was told why I missed my flight, because I "late" when I was standing in the queue. There's a silent policy in the airport so no announcements are made. Any ways I told some one comes around to tell you when flights a board. No one came to me and asked me, so I missed my flight. I had to pay again although the flight had not taken off. No help was offered. So I had to wait from 14:00 until 19:00 for my standby flight. Was this worth it, well if you from the UK and intend using this flight forget it. To top it off the flight was delayed for another hour and no one could inform you what was going on. Really not the service I expect from a cheap airlines.
RouteCape Town to Lanseria