Mango Airlines

"dirty seats and barely any legroom"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | This was my first (and probably last) flight with Mango. Boarding was long and absolutely chaotic. There were two different queues with airport staff screaming to explain what we had to do. Approved carry-on luggages of nearly all passengers were refused on board. People complained of being unable to work as they couldn't bring on board the necessary material. Instead of flying on board one of Mango's usual 737-800, we flew on an absolute worn out 29.3 years-old-A320 (Reg. ZS-GAO). Old, dirty seats and barely any legroom. We departed 45 minutes late.
RouteJohannesburg to Port Elizabeth
Date FlownNovember 2018

"worst customer service"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to George. The worst customer service of my life.I flew with mango airline a couple of times and I’ve always been disappointed by their customer service. The air hostesses has big attitudes and not child friendly at all, in comparison with other airlines flown over the years. Today’s flight (Monday 05 November) was my worst flight experience. To begin , firstly we got called after everyone was waiting at the boarding gate we had to board at a whole different boarding gate which was stated on our boarding passes. Eventually got onto the plane and sat down. Doors closed and we sat and waited for almost 40 min before we took off. In the meantime myself and my two year old daughter was so hot and I literally prayed to get in the air and get home. She got difficult because she had a Pooh Pooh diaper which we couldn’t change and had to wait till we get in the air & seat belt signs has been switch off. I got up with her and walked to the front (we sat on seat 7 A&B) the air hostess asked me if I’m going to change a diaper and I said yes. She advise me to walk to the back of the plane to the toilet at the back because the front toilet doesn’t have the facilities to change diapers. I wasn’t impressed by her attitude and the way she talked to me. Throughout the flight my daughter was behaving well, playing peekaboo with the Italian guy next to us. Eventually we had to land and her seat was window seat & mine was the middle seat. The air hostesses came pass advising me to put her in her seat. I tried to do so but she refused to let go off me and she wanted to sit on my lap and laying down her head on my chest. She always does it when she feels scared. The hostess kept on coming to me telling me to put my child in her seat. I said that she doesn’t want to because she is scared and the guy in the row in front asked her to give me a extra belt to put around us both and she refused to do so. Eventually I got her in the seat and she didn’t want to stay in it. The air hostess came to me again telling me to put her in her seat. I said to her that she is scared and I will keep her on my lap. She said that the will lock me up if I’m not going to put her in her seat and that the airplane can’t land if my child is not in her seat, the captain said that they are going to do a go around and it’s going to affect all the passengers on the flight. I got furious with her and told her they can lock me up when we land I don’t care. She told me to put her in her seat and a pulled her off my chest and forced my screaming child in her seat. She yelled and cried herself to sleep. I was so furious with their customer service the can’t speak nice to customers with children, if her approach was different and nice my child wouldn’t have been so scared. This was the second time I had a bad experience with mango.
RouteJohannesburg to George
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Absolutely shocking service"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Durban. Absolutely shocking service. Changed my flight twice without offering me a different flight. Made me late for my meetings. Mango are costing me money. Never will I fly with them again even if it cost me more.
RouteCape Town to Durban
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Quite disappointing"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Cape Town. This is my second time flying with Mango Airlines. And also the second time which they are late. Indicating a 100% rate of being late. Quite disappointing.
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"never recommend this airline"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Johannesburg. I have recently had the displeasure of flying with Mango airlines. I normally prefer to fly safair as they are more professional and their on-time rate is phenomenal. The only reason I booked a mango flight is because I had to arrive in Johannesburg for an appointment at a specific time and no other airlines had flights at that time. But the Mango flight was delayed by over an hour. We were sent from pillar to post and told to go to different boarding gates. Then the bus took us on a rodeo ride in the boarding area. Then we had to wait for the cleaning staff to vacuum the plane. And now I am typing this complaint while waiting for the plane to take off. This is the reason why Mango is not a trustworthy airline at all and I would never recommend this airline to anyone. This flight was extremely expensive and not at all worth the money.
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"incompetent airline"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | Mango Airlines is the worst airline ever. I flew in from Johannesburg this morning and arrived in Cape Town at 8:15am, little did I know my bags were loaded on the same flight. I went to the baggage counter and they couldn't even get a hold of their own Johannesburg branch then finally they tell me my bags will arrive at 12:10 noon. I get back to the counter at 12:00 noon and they tell me my bags will arrive at 2:00pm. I have been at the airport since 8:00 am with my wife and our 7 month old son thanks to this incompetent airline, they are the worst the fact that I have to fly back with them to Johannesburg makes me sick to my stomach.
Date FlownAugust 2018

"not an option on my list of airlines"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Cape Town to Johannesburg. Our flight JE158 on 12 Aug 2018 was delayed, the same airline flight before this flight was also delayed without any notification or communication from Mango Airlines to their customers. There are other options and next time Mango Airlines will be last/or not an option at all on my list of airlines to choose from. The cabin staff also did not help i.e. making sure passengers don’t waste time by getting unnecessary stuff out of their hand luggage blocking other passengers which caused huge frustration for people trying to get to their seats, causing longer waits and holdups. Standing at their station chitchat with each other was far more important and convenient then assisting passengers getting boarded quicker. Ensuring that there are no further delays is not on their agenda or being on time for the airline.
RouteCape Town to Johannesburg
Date FlownAugust 2018

"cannot issue a booking confirmation"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I have had endless problems with Mango Airlines on multiple consecutive occasions. I try and make payment for a flight booking on their website and I am informed that there was an error with payment, payment has not been processed and I do not receive a booking confirmation. Yet I receive a notice from my bank informing me payment has been processed and allocated to Mango. After phoning the bank and receiving an authorization code Mango still insists they have not received payment and refuse to issue me a booking confirmation. This is after waiting more than 30 minutes for someone to answer their phone. This has happened every time I try to phone and with every department. The staff are very helpful and have a nonchalant attitude, not really caring or helping to help resolve the issue. One person that assisted me informed me that the website was down but as soon as the website is operational again I will automatically receive my booking confirmation. After a few hours I still had not received the confirmation. Mango simply say they have not received payment, they cannot issue a booking confirmation. This has happened twice in a row. Shocking service, I will never use this airline again.
RouteJohannesburg to Durban
Date FlownJuly 2018

"disappointed with Mango"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | I am very disappointed with Mango. The return flight to Johannesburg was delayed by over an hour due to mechanical problems. On our return Johannesburg we were delayed due to the exit bays not attached and luggage was delayed. Our connecting flight was with kulula at 8.50pm we missed, and Mango did not offer any compensation. With 2 young children we were told they cannot help us, stranded at the airport with no other flights or accommodation. Very upset after a family vacation.
RouteZanzibar to Johannesburg
Date FlownJuly 2018

"excellent flight experience"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Cape Town. Nothing to complain, excellent flight experience with professional and friendly crew. Departure on time, arrival in CPT 10 minutes earlier. Experienced moderate turbulence on flight level, cockpit communicated in no time which I personally appreciated a lot.
Date FlownJune 2018