Malindo Air

Malindo Air customer review

I travelled by Malindo on the TRZ-KUL-TRZ route and it was a very pleasant flight (as far as the airline is concerned). The seats are very spacious the legroom is very good and overall very comfortable (I am extra extra heavy and I felt extremely comfortable in it). The food was a surprise and good too (on the KUL-TRZ line). The cabin crew could definitely do a bit of more friendliness but then I can't blame them considering the passengers they were serving weren't exactly at their best behavior. The in-flight entertainment system was also a surprise and of good quality. The let down was the fact that the cost for the headsets is not explicitly informed. The TRZ- KUL flight was exactly on time and check-in was quite a breeze at the TRZ airport. The return flight was delayed by a couple of hours and proper announcements were not made but for the information on the display board. But one can live with it. The in-flight announcements were in an English I could not quite understand (I do not know why all airline English announcements are this way) and in Malay and Indonesian I guess. I do not see the logic considering 90% of the passengers would not have understood any of the 3 languages the announcements were made in. Overall a very pleasant and comfortable journey. But then it was a very short one.

Malindo Air customer review

OD 1235 on 25 Dec. Short flight from Kota Bharu to Subang. Flight was on time despite bad weather conditions and flooding on the East Coast. The cabin crews were attentive. Good fare for ATR flight. Landed at Subang airport and it was convenient and near to KL Downtown.

(Malaysia)

I was on flight OD231/232 from COK-KUL-COK last week was pretty sceptical in the beginning due to many negative reviews I came across. Nevertheless I must say that the flight was very OK (in terms of value for money) staff were very friendly and approachable. Food was not bad either the delay was tolerable too no missing baggage etc.. Would fly with Malindo again.

(Malaysia)

We boarded Malindo Air for return trip Subang to Krabi. During the return there was a connecting flight in Penang. The check in staff at Krabi airport offered us direct luggage transfer service and assured us the luggage will be auto transfer to Subang. Counter staff in Krabi also asked us to verify / reconfirm in Penang airport with the counter staff. Upon arrival in Penang airport we immediately went to counter to verify but being told by counter staff "there is no such procedure" and asked us to retrieve our luggage at luggage collection point!! We were surprised and frustrated as Malindo staff in Krabi assured us it would be done. We could not find our luggage so we had to returned to Penang Malindo counter. Upon pressuring the staff and show them the boarding pass again only they were able to confirm that our luggage was indeed auto transfer. Overall we were very disappointed with the first reply by staff "there is no such procedure". This incident caused us panicked and created unnecessary worry. On top of that flight was cancelled from 18 Dec and rescheduled to 19 Dec without prior information. This trip was our first booking and yet we experienced 2 incidents already hence we are not sure if we would recommend Malindo Air to our friends/family.

Malindo Air customer review

JHB-PEN (via SZB). Booked my flight the night prior and it came to about 140 RM for a flight from JB to Penang. Two flights connecting at Subang. The flight attendants were lovely and professional and a snack (water and sweet biscuits) was a welcome addition (not to mention the included baggage). Opted to try Malindo over Air Asia on the last feature. Only problem was due to a slight delay on the JHB-SZB leg I had to rush through Subang airport. They didn't appear to have a transfer option and I was on a 50 min transfer window period. Running 20 minutes late. I had to get out past baggage collection and then back through security again. Luckily no problems. Same crew on the next flight so they get the same compliments as above! Plane appeared quite new although some of the seats recline of their own volition.

(Malaysia)

KBR-SZB-KBR it was my first flight experience. The crew were friendly efficient and helpful. However there was no entertainment at all and the seat was not spacious.

Malindo Air customer review

KL to DEL on 22nd Oct. There was a delay of 2 hours because of some unruly passengers. They were taken off the airplane. When it came to lunchtime the Vegetarian food finished however there were still about 15 passengers who wanted that meal. The chief air hostess explained we had 2 options - either take the chicken meal or purchase the noodles. There was only 1 toilet functioning on the flight.

Malindo Air customer review

I was supposed to travel with my family from Cochin to KUL on 13th Oct 2014 but I got a call from an airline rep on 12th Oct 8.30 pm saying that our flight has been cancelled due to "technical issues" and stated that I could either travel the next night from Cochin or the next morning from Trichy (which is 350 kms away). We had no choice but to choose the flight the next morning from Trichy since we did not want to waste an entire day of our short pre-booked vacation. We reached Trichy airport by 8 am (our flight time was 10.30 am) and that flight was delayed by 3 hours. Never had such a bad experience with any airline before. The plane however was new and had good seats and very good leg room. (Good for a low cost airline). I would have given a positive review if it hadn't been for the cancellation and delay.

Malindo Air customer review

My flight was bound from KUL to DPS on 28/9/14 09.20hrs flight. Flight was delayed for 30minutes due to 2 missing passengers and air crew did not make an announcement on the delay. Flight attendant asked for our boarding pass to check through their passenger list and this continued 3 times throughout the 30 minutes. After searching for the 2 missing passengers no one came onboard and the flight departed. Upon reaching our destination we were not given the immigration form so we asked for it. The flight crew came with a Malay declaration form and I told her we need it to be an English version to my surprise she told me its the same I rejected and insisted I needed it to be an English version. So after a good 5 minutes she passed me an English declaration form. Asking politely for a pen she brushed me off by telling me someone had taken her pen and she did not have one at the moment and returned to her business class seat with the remaining crew. Staff were not attentive to passengers needs and crowded in the Business class seating and chatted with the curtain closed. This was the worst inflight service I have come across.

Malindo Air customer review

I travelled from Mumbai to Bali via KL. They offer hot meals on BOM-KUL-BOM sector while only a cracker on KUL - Bali sector. Seat leg clearances are good in economy. However the airline lost my baggage and its been over 10 days and they still haven't bothered to keep me updated! Supposedly the airline has been loosing lot of passengers baggage. Hence I would recommend you not to travel with them.